Cryptic Conjuring -> Rekindling Friendships
It is July 2077.
This month brings highs of 19°C and lows of 12°C. Sunrises at 4.30am and sets at 10pm. The sun has still got it’s hat on, storms are likely and humidity is something all have to deal with.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
House Points
G
H

R
S
Board Stats
M F
Adults 21 12
University 5 3
Hogwarts 13 11

Hogwarts
First Years 0
Second Years 0
Third Years 2
Fourth Years 1
Fifth Years 5
Sixth Years 4
Seventh Years 12

Hogwarts Houses
Gryffindors 6
Hufflepuffs 6
Ravenclaws 6
Slytherins 6

University
First Years 4
Second Years 2
Third Years 2
Fourth Years 0

Blood Status
Purebloods 23
Halfbloods 21
Muggleborns 12
Unknown 2
Squibs 1
Vampires 2
Veelas 4
Fey 1
Werewolves 1
Changeling 0
Social Media

Tumblr

Rating

Click for Explanation
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Add Reply
New Poll

Rekindling Friendships, Lottie/Tim
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: May 6 2018, 08:23 PM

“Look,” Tim replied, as calmly as he could, in the face of the livid girl, “I told you at the beginning that this was just for fun and we weren’t going anywhere. You agreed.”

Melissa glared at him and opened her mouth to spit something else at him. Given the way the conversation had been going to that point, it was going to be mean and vile – and oh so boring. There just wasn’t anymore patience left in him for the anger and he held up his hand, “I’d say we’re done here.”

Her mouth dropped open in surprise and Tim smiled as Lottie appeared at the bottom of the steps, making her way toward the exit from the Common Room. Leaving the stunned sixth year behind, he fell into step beside his friend and asked, “Where are you headed?”

“Mind if I come with? I think she might just kill me if I’m still here when she comes to her senses…”

There was just a slight bit of awkwardness that Tim did his best to ignore. He and Lottie hadn’t had any real conversations since Amber had left – just sharing a few pleasantries and mindless chatter in the Common Room in passing. It was something that he’d been meaning to rectify anyway. This seemed like as good a moment as any.

Lottie Cane

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Lottie Cane
 Posted: May 14 2018, 12:55 PM

The giggling coming from her roommates were irritating her and she had a good mind to throw a mild stinging hex towards them to stop the tittering. Apparently there was some 'lovers squabble' going on in the common room. She didn't care to listen to who were having a tiff, and frankly couldn't care less, but the girls were distracting her while she was trying to finish off a letter for her brother.

"For Salazar's sake, just go in the common room and oogle the fight." She snarled, standing up and walking past the glaring girls. She'd been on a short fuse all day, after spilling juice down her shirt, losing one of her favourite bracelets and engaging in a verbal fight with her roommate who thought it was a good idea to rummage through Lottie's trunk for a spare top.

With a face of thunder, she headed out of her dorm and down the stairs to the common room. She could hear the faint words of whoever were having a tiff, vaugally recalling one of the voices but ignoring it in favour of leaving in search of peace. It wasn't until she felt a presence by her side that she slowed.

Tim? She hadn't had a proper conversation with him in... well it felt like forever. There was the pleasantries in the common room, and an occasional catch up session but never anything that lasted as long as it used to. She almost didn't know how to behave around the older boy.

"Somewhere quiet." With a glance back at the girl, she gave a soft laugh. "Yeah, feel free. I don't want to feed you to the snake." She didn't bother to keep her voice down, the girl didn't seem to be able to take no for an answer so she didn't deserve the decency of being discreet.

Without speaking another word she left the common room with Tim. She hadn't chosen anywhere in particular to go when she had stormed out of the dorm room and was floundering with something, anything, to say to Tim.

"I... Is the grounds an okay place for you? It's a nice day outside."

Timothy Morrigan

--------------------

user posted image
~Thanks G for the amazing set!~
Other Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: May 26 2018, 08:35 AM

The look on Lottie’s face as he approached wasn’t the most satisfying feeling that he’d had in his life; she seemed almost hesitant – as though she were unsure what was about to happen. Given the fact that she was one of just a small handful of people at the school that he would have called his friend, he couldn’t help but feel bad about their situation and just how much it had degenerated. How much he’d allowed it to degenerate.

A playful grin crossed his face at her words, however, and he couldn’t help himself, “Somewhere quite sounds perfect. Now… normally I deeply enjoy it when a snake tries to eat me – but that one has gotten just a little too attached if you know what I mean.”

The girl blanched and glared at the pair as they exited the Common Room and Tim laughed as the door closed behind them.

“Thank you for the save,” he told her, slipping his arm around her shoulders as they walked.

“That sounds wonderful – I haven’t actually made it outside yet today and I’ve been told that getting at least some sunlight, when possible, is a good thing.”

It wasn’t a long walk from the Slytherin common room, up the stairs, and out onto the grounds. She was right – it was a beautiful day. There was a surprisingly warm breeze blowing, and there were just enough clouds in the sky to prevent the sun from being too harsh. He took a deep breath – enjoying the fresh air before leading her away from the castle toward the lake.

After a moment, where he struggled to come up with something to say he offered a rare, “I’m sorry.”

Lottie Cane

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Lottie Cane
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 10:55 AM

The casual banter helped put Lottie into a more relaxed position, the corner of her mouth twitching up in the beginnings of a smile. The comment was worth it just for the look the girl gave as the two left the common room.

"That's alright, the girl didn't seem to be the sharpest one in the room so someone had to step up to save you." She replied, hiding the surprise she felt when his arm was slung around her shoulders. It wasn't that this was an unusual occurrence, it was just one that hadn't happened in a while so it was so strange.

Lottie shot Tim a strange look, shaking her head. "How have you not gone out? It's been beautiful outside." The fleeting sunshine had been one of the reasons she had been outside so often, it wasn't a weather that happened often and during a point where there wasn't any serious work to complete.

Taking in a deep breath, she let the warm air blow across her face; a small smile tugging up at being out of the castle for a bit. Something so simple as fresh air did amazing things to a person.

The words coming from Tim worried her, tilting her head towards her friend with a curious expression. "Sorry? That... You don't have to apologise for anything." She had a feeling she knew the reason for the apology but with everything Tim had gone through? She didn't hold any blame towards him.

Timothy Morrigan

--------------------

user posted image
Other Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 02:45 PM

“She’s really not,” he agreed with a laugh.

It occurred to him just how far his standards had apparently fallen since Amber had left the school. None of the girls he’d been playing around with had held a candle to her; although, they had been fun. Aside from whatever was going on between him and Maz, Lottie had been the only one who’d really interested him but she’d largely been connected to him through Amber and he wasn’t sure how she’d feel just hanging out with him.

Judging by her reactions and the way she’d relaxed when they’d exited the common room and started speaking, he’d wasted a fair amount of time. He felt her start as his slipped his arm around her shoulder and couldn’t help but feel bad about that too – they’d been a lot closer before and he’d been the one that had allowed their friendship to slip.

“I’ve seen out the windows – but, in that knowledge, I’ve been stuck inside preparing for NEWTs. They’re coming up way faster than they have any right to and I know that, if I go out there, I won’t be coming back in any time soon.”

The smile that crossed her face at the breeze drew a matching one from him and he hugged her against his side as they walked. He offered a sad smile her way and replied, “I’m really glad to hear you say that. I’m still sorry though. You lost a friend too and I just let you drift.”

“I should have been a better friend.”

“Although,” he offered with another small grin, “I might be able to help out more with that next year than I thought. I’m going to be attending University after all so I’ll still be in the area if you want to stop in and say hi during your Hogsmeade weekends…”

Lottie Cane

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Lottie Cane
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 03:07 PM

Lottie offered a small, pleased smile when she heard him laugh. It was nice to hear such a familiar sound. She really had missed her friend, but she had as much blame as he did, it wasn't as if she had actively sought him out.

Only from the window? Her face showed the appalled feeling at that, she was going to be doing her NEWTs next year and she did not like the sound of being stuck inside preparing for them all. Although he raised an excellent point, if she headed outside she wouldn't have headed inside, maybe she'd invest in some form of desk for outside. Just to enjoy sunshine and preparing.

"Then we have to rectify this!" She declared, reaching up to hold Tim's hand that was dangling from her shoulder she directed them towards one of her favourite spots outside. It was a secluded area, covered by a large willow tree and one of the most relaxing spots. It overlooked the Quidditch pitch and gave enough cover to hide yourself from any prying eyes.

A squeal left her lips as she was hugged against Tim, tilting her head up to flash a bright smile at him; only to spot a sad smile marring his face. That wasn't right. "Hey I could have seeked you out too. We both needed time and space, I think." She assured giving his hand, which she still held, a squeeze. "Listen to me, Timothy Morrigan, you are a great friend. I know if I really needed someone to talk to you would have been willing to listen. Stop this now."

Hearing that Tim would be attending university next year brighten her day considerably, his leaving was one of the reasons she was hating that the year was so close to ending. "Really?" She grinned, a bounce adding to her steps. "That's amazing! What will you be studying? Can I see your dorms when you settle in? Can we pull pranks on the other uni students?" She asked with a mischievous look in her eyes.

Bombarding her friend with questions hadn't been her plan and, with a sheepish smile, she quietly let out a "Sorry. Too excited there."

Timothy Morrigan

--------------------

user posted image
Other Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 03:41 PM

The horrified look on her face made him smile; when he was caught up in other things, he became really bad at taking care of his mental health, to say nothing of his physical health. Fortunately, the exams would be over soon and then he’d have all the time in the world to unwind and not worry about anything. Well, at least all the time until they went home.

Her enthusiastic response made him chuckle and he twined his fingers into hers as she took his hand. Without a care in the world, he followed where she led and could only look around, impressed, as they came to a stop in the shade of a large willow tree. For being outside and so near the Pitch, it was surprisingly secluded and he found himself curious as to just how he’d never happened across it before. This space was great.

“Maybe you’re right,” he allowed, “but I still feel bad about it.”

“But, as you command. We’ll call it a wash and try not to worry about it anymore,” he finished playfully as he squeezed her hand back in return. It would take a while for him to arrive a point that he actually believed her, but it was nice to know she felt that way.

Tim laughed again at her enthusiasm that he’d be staying so close; something else that went a long way toward making him feel better. Her questions drew another grin from him, this one more mischievous, as he answered playfully, “Never apologize for being too excited, and you should know by now that you’re always welcome in my room…”

“Although, I can’t actually show you a dorm room. I won’t be staying on campus. Maz and I are going to rent a place – or buy one, I’m not clear on the details just yet. We’ve decided it’s better to have our own place where we won’t end up going to Azkaban for murdering some horrible roommate.”

“I’ll be going for my Charms Mastery, I might look at adding something else to it too but for right now just charms,” he finished thoughtfully. With as easy as Charms had come to him at Hogwarts, he wanted to allow himself the opportunity to study something else if it was the same afterward.

“And I have no doubts that there are going to be many other students that need to be pranked,” he amended happily, “not to mention Maz who will always be a viable target.”

Lottie Cane

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Lottie Cane
 Posted: Jun 20 2018, 01:51 PM

There was nothing she could say, or so she felt, that would change Tim's views on that and while she would argue vehemently any other time, she didn't want to get into a playful argument with so little time left to spend with him. At least time spent at Hogwarts. For now her actions would have to show that she really was right and he should believe her.

After the next couple of words it seemed that it hadn't taken long to convince him. A small giggle leaving her lips as she beamed brightly up at him. "Sounds like a good plan to me."

The sheepish smile that had been present on her face melted at his word, a smirk taking over as a glint shone in her eyes. "Why thank you for such a fantastic offer." Knowing she wasn't bothering him with her questioned allowed her to relax and just enjoy the time in his company.

It was a little disappointing to know that he wouldn't be in the dorms of the University, only because that made it a little harder to pull pranks of the other, older students. Hearing that he was going to stay with Maz also didn't help, that girl could pull a mean prank of her own and Lottie was not up to starting a prank war with Maz. She was not going to start a war she knew she would lose. "That makes sense. Azkaban is horrendous this time of the year." She teased.

Charms! That made quite a bit of sense, Tim had often offered to tutor her in Charms if she ever needed it. "It suits you. Do you know what you want to do after? Something to do with Charms or something completely new?" There had been a lot of talk in her dorm about what people wished to do in the future and it had gotten her thinking about her own career path. She knew that certain jobs would require students to take specific classes if they wished to be considered.

"Maz scares me a little and the idea of getting into a prank war with her is terrifying." She admitted in a low whisper. "She seems soft at times," She thought back to how thoughtful Maz had been during the race at Christmas break, "But then I've also heard of her level of mischief that she does."

Timothy Morrigan

--------------------

user posted image
Other Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Jun 22 2018, 10:32 AM

“I thought so too,” he confirmed with a relieved, and much more relaxed, smile.

“It’s my pleasure,” Tim grinned playfully, “quite literally, and I do hope that you’ll take me up on it rather frequently.”

Her response drew a laugh from him and he could only nod in agreement, “I’m not sure what time of year it wouldn’t be quite as awful – but I’m completely content to never actually have to find out.”

What he was going to do after University was something that he’d just recently started to think about; he knew where he was going to end up eventually but his grandfather had many years left in him, so he was going to have to find something to do to pass the time. Unfortunately, ‘what he was going to do next’ wasn’t a question that he’d been able to answer. Considering her question for a moment, he smiled and shook his head.

“I have absolutely no idea. I don’t think I really want to do anything in the field of Charms – at least not professionally – so I’ll clearly have to come up with something else.”

Again, he laughed.

“I don’t think I’ll tell her that. She’d derive entirely too much pleasure from it.”

“Although,” he looked around conspiratorially before whispering, “she scares me just a little bit too. Mostly because I don’t think that she’d ever be able to admit when she’s beaten.”

As much as he’d laughed when Lottie had described her as scary, he equally didn’t think he’d be telling Maz that Lottie thought she had moments where she was soft. Another descriptor that seemed to fit at times – though they weren’t frequent or overly visible unless you spent a lot of time around her – but he doubted that she’d appreciate it.

“She is good at the mischief,” he agreed.

As they approached the trunk of the large tree that she’d led him too, Tim took a seat with his back up against the tree, and began to pull her down onto his lap.

Lottie Cane

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Lottie Cane
 Posted: Jul 4 2018, 10:02 AM

The corner of Lottie's mouth twitched at his remark, rearranging her face into one of contemplative thinking. "Hmm but with studying and getting up to mischief at Hogwarts I don't know if I'd have enough time." She mused only to break out into a grin.

"You can bet your whole fortune that I will take you up on that offer, as frequently as possible."

She doubted that Tim would ever end up in Azkaban, he was pretty good at not getting caught should he wish to commit some crime, but it was an interesting thought as to whether or not there was an... 'off peak' time. Gods she was picking up too many muggle sayings.

"I'd rather not have to visit you there. Everything I've heard about it does not sound appealing."

Lottie nodded slowly, the future was still so unsure it was difficult to even choose one career to settle into. It was reassuring that Tim didn't know what he wished to do, it made her lack of direction seem more normal. Maybe not complete lack of direction, there were some careers that interested her she just wasn't sure if she wished to settle on them. It made everything too final.

"I'm sure you'll find something amazing to do."

She gave a sheepish smile. "I'd appreciate that very much."

A startled laugh escaped her when she heard his whispered confession. "That is pretty terrifying."

Lottie was about to take a seat next to Tim only to be pulled towards his lap, with a bright smile she willingly let herself be pulled down. She wiggled around to find a comfortable spot, once she found it she leaned back and relaxed against him.

"What are your plans for the summer?" She asked suddenly, tilting her head to look at him. She didn't have any plans on doing anything over summer and she thought it would be fun to at least meet up with a few of her friends over the holidays. As long as they were available.

Timothy Morrigan

--------------------

user posted image
Other Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Jul 4 2018, 04:08 PM

“I suppose you could think about it that way,” he responded, “but, don’t forget, I’ll have taken those exams already, so you could build me in as a part of your study schedule. There’s no reason you can’t add a dash of fun to the work.”

Her emphatic response that he could count on frequent visits made him smile. Lottie was one of his favorite people, and it was good to know that she’d continue to be around. Frequently, in fact, it sounded like. That was something that he would never, ever be caught complaining about.

With a playful grin he agreed, “I’m in that same place. Especially with the guards; apparently, they get up to some sketchy stuff what with all the kissing of the prisoners. I like my kisses consensual thank you very much.”

For some reason, her faith that he would do something amazing surprised and touched him. They were friends, she was one of the few people in the school that he considered such, but it still was nice to know that there were other people out there that had faith in him.

“My pleasure.”

Her laughter drew some from him as well and he nodded in agreement. Maz was relentless in the best of times and, from what he’d seen, it only got worse when things weren’t going her way. It was only the fact that she had a pretty decent sense of humor that didn’t make her the worst target in the world for a prank war.

Tim smiled and slipped his arms around her waist as she settled into his lap and leaned back against his chest. After a moment of thought, he smiled and answered her question, “Honestly, I don’t really have any plans yet. Maz and I are going to look for a place to stay, but I don’t know exactly when that’s going to be. Other than that nothing.”

“So, hopefully, you’ll have some time to come hang out for a while.”

Lottie Cane

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Lottie Cane
 Posted: Jul 14 2018, 11:51 AM

The corner of her mouth twitched the more he spoke. While her previous words had been in jest the worry of not having enough time, in between studying, to see Tim was genuinely there. It was reassuring, in a way, that she could studying as an excuse of sorts to head out to see him.

As he spoke of the guards she gave a disgusted look, nose scrunched up and brows knitted together. "Oh Salazar tell me about it. They just don't know any boundaries now, do they?" She tsk'd. With her acting skills it was a wonder she even got through her life, it was clear from her face that she found the whole subject amusing.

Even after spending so little time with Tim it was easy to relax into their friendship again, even more so when she felt his arms go around her waist. It had always been a reassuring feeling for her, something that had been solidified when he had stood up for her when Pavon had attacked her all those years ago. Being completely honest with herself, it was something she had missed during their brief time apart. That and the craziness of their banter.

"I bet you are looking forward to just getting out there, though. Having your own place, no bloody roommates who snore in your ear." Actually did Maz snore? Maybe he would have a roommate who snores in his ear. Poor Tim. "Although I do feel sorry for you." She tilted her head back, looking up at him from her upside down point of view. "You can't just pop to the kitchen and get food whipped up for you by those elves."

A bright smile broke out across her face, knowing full well that she would use practically any excuse to come and hang out with him. Even if it was to just come and make sure he was getting a decent meal. Her skill in potions, she had learnt, translated pretty well towards cooking.

"Of course. Try and stop me."

Timothy Morrigan

--------------------

user posted image
Other Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Yesterday at 12:59 pm

“They really don’t,” he agreed with a laugh. It was nice to be able to just hang out and joke around with his friend. He’d missed this recently and he found himself wishing that he would have more time to catch up on these missed moments.

“Those are all good things.”

Getting out and into a new pool of people was going to be fun as well. Although, he was equally sure that it was going to take some getting used to. When she twisted her head around to look up at him he smiled and looked down questioningly to hear what she had to say. His brow arched as she expressed her pity and he chuckled when she explained why.

After leaning in and stealing a quick kiss, he replied, “That’s a valid reason for concern. Though, if worst comes to worse, I can always abduct an elf from the Caer. They’re really good cooks too – they could probably even arrange something that I could take to class with me…”

“I would never dream of it,” he answered with a playful grin as he hugged her against him, “I’m hoping to see an awful lot you this summer.”

It was true too. Tim had many people that he talked to, but there weren’t too many that he could actually consider friends. Since it seemed that they’d managed to sort out and recover this friendship, he did not intend to allow it to slide again. That was a mistake that he’d already lived through once, and he was done with it.

Lottie Cane

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Slytherin Area | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse