Cryptic Conjuring -> A Break From the New Norm
It is July 2077.
This month brings highs of 19°C and lows of 12°C. Sunrises at 4.30am and sets at 10pm. The sun has still got it’s hat on, storms are likely and humidity is something all have to deal with.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
House Points
G
H

R
S
Board Stats
M F
Adults 21 12
University 5 3
Hogwarts 13 11

Hogwarts
First Years 0
Second Years 0
Third Years 2
Fourth Years 1
Fifth Years 5
Sixth Years 4
Seventh Years 12

Hogwarts Houses
Gryffindors 6
Hufflepuffs 6
Ravenclaws 6
Slytherins 6

University
First Years 4
Second Years 2
Third Years 2
Fourth Years 0

Blood Status
Purebloods 23
Halfbloods 21
Muggleborns 12
Unknown 2
Squibs 1
Vampires 2
Veelas 4
Fey 1
Werewolves 1
Changeling 0
Social Media

Tumblr

Rating

Click for Explanation
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Complete
New Poll

A Break From the New Norm, Maz/Tim
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Mar 28 2018, 06:46 PM

“About turn, Shagger.” Maz told Tim as she took hold of his arm and turned him away from the direction he was heading. She’d just come from that way and she was not about to go back. She was looking for some company too which was why she’d sought out Tim and would drag him along with her. “You’re taking a break. Spending some time with your pal before your pal starts feeling neglected.”

With them both facing the way she wanted Maz looped her arm with his and started walking deeper into the dungeons. As they went Maz kept up her show of being a normal person. It had been weeks since her talk with the Headmaster and the girl was actually surprised that she hadn’t given up yet. While she’d kept the changes in herself in company she’d also told the Prefects that from now on they went by the book, played by the rules as they were set. Of course they probably wondered why but they went along with her with minimal fuss. After all, it meant less work for them.

When they’d finally left the last person behind and were well out of sight having rounded a bend Maz relaxed, affecting again her regular strides. With her free hand she pulled her hair from the high ponytail she’d forced it into that morning. She was running her fingers through her hair trying to comb it out as they walked along a corridor to the left. It wasn’t until they turned the next bend that she gave up, deciding she’d surely done enough.

They’d been there before of course, in front of the wall with the two torches but the connection wasn’t being made in Maz’s mind… at least not on any level she was aware of. The hidden room was simply one of the places she went when she really wanted to get away from everyone and stay away. Though she did have a few hidey holes she was certain only she knew of Maz didn’t mind sharing this one with Tim.

She pushed on the wall and since, unlike the last time she wasn’t out of breath she felt it move immediately. Another big push and the door swung open. As she stepped through the door Maz was already undoing her school tie. She tossed it to the side after pulling it from her neck. The room was exactly the same as last time; bare walls and three wooden crates.

“Ah need a fuckin’ break!” She told Tim leaving him to close the door while she sat on one of two crates pushed against the wall side-by-side. “Due eh crack like.” Maz undone the top two buttons of her shirt before pulling first one foot up and then the other to loosen the laces on her boots. Sitting back she crossed her legs one over the other and let out a contented sigh as she looked to the ceiling. “So much fuckin’ better!”

“An’ am so fuckin’ thankful the school doesnae huv rules aboot skirt length.” Not that her school shirts were ever that short. All were mid-thigh length including the one she was wearing then.

With a bright smile she turned her full attention on Tim. “So, how’ve ye been? Is it a bit raw yet?” She chuckled to herself at her own joke even as she looked pointedly at his special area. With Tim having reverted to type it meant she could slag him about it again. She had missed that since it was quite fun.

Timothy Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 01:41 PM

A bright smile spread across Tim’s face as he spotted Maz coming down the hallway from the other direction. He’d not spent too much time with her since everything had gone down, though he’d spent more time with her than with pretty much anyone else in the school. Even with that, it had been quite a while since they’d had a chance to hang out. Before he had a chance to greet her, however, she’d taken his arm and spun him around the other way, almost causing him to stumble with the change in momentum.

Just as he opened his mouth to object she chimed in and explained just what was going to happen next. Even knowing that he could pull away and continue on his way, he didn’t really care that much. Margaret would understand and forgive him, or not. Maz was one of his closest friends and she definitely came first.

“We can’t have that,” he replied with a laugh, “lead the way.”

The change in demeanor was impossible to miss when they were this close. Something had seemed off about her for a while, but since he’d only really been seeing her from a distance he hadn’t been able to place his finger on what it was. A grin flashed across his face as he wondered what it was that had caused the change in her but it seemed like she was determinedly leading them somewhere; so he was content to wait until they’d arrived to start asking his questions.

His curiosity was even more piqued once they’d gotten away from the crowds and into the more disused sections of the hallway before falling back into her regular patterns of behavior. With her seemingly more relaxed, he took the opportunity to comment, “I hope that you’re going to explain what this is all about,” he motioned toward her, “because you’ve seemed remarkably uptight for a while now.”

As they rounded the next bend, he became more aware of where they were and the memory brought another smile to his face. That had been a fun afternoon – hiding from his dad. It would have been really interesting to see where things might have gone had they not been interrupted. He stood back and waited for her to swing the door open for them before following her into the storage room; shutting the door behind them.

Again, the smile reappeared on his face as she pulled off her tie and tossed it across toward the crates. He crossed the room and took a seat on the floor with his back pressed in between two of the barrels. Her exclamation about needing a break made him chuckle, “Then it’s a good thing that you found me when you did! We can’t have the stress building up so much that you explode.”

Despite himself, his eyes remained glued on her as she unbuttoned the top buttons of her shirt and got more comfortable. Once she’d moved on to loosening her boots, he shook he head and leaned back, joining her in staring at the ceiling. Her next comment drew his gaze to her legs and he laughed again.

“That is a good thing. Nothing wrong with showing some skin…”

Then she pulled a real, deep laugh from him at her next question.

“Not yet,” he confirmed, “I’m really good with charms, and I know some truly useful ones to avoid just that situation…”

Maz Cowan

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 03:38 PM

It was good that Tim went along with her because for once in her life Maz just couldn’t be bothered getting into an argument about it. She needed to be gone from people as soon as possible though, of course, Tim was not grouped in as people. She didn’t pay any mind to the girl Tim was with having not registered the fact that they may have been going somewhere together. She smiled at his laughter but didn’t comment further.

“Ah suppose uptight could be whit ah wiz gaun fur.” Maz shrugged. If that’s what he got from her being what she considered normal then so be it. “An’ am provin’ a point. That point bein’ no bastard tells me tae or hints that ah should change. When they dae they live tae regret it.”

While she’d seemed to take on what the Headmaster had said without any objection to hearing Maz had not liked what had been implied. To her it had just come across as she simply wasn’t good enough the way she was, no matter what the record was showing. Had it been one of the professors saying what had been said she’d have kicked off there and then but the Headmaster was an unknown. She didn’t know how he’d react to a full blast of her anger. So she’d use the rules to her advantage.

“We really cannae.” She agreed. “It’s got that bad ah wiz lyin’ in bed the other night listenin’ eh the snorin’ twat an’ ah seriously thought aboot smotherin’ her.” While the snoring was always annoying it had never got to the point that she wanted to harm the girl in anyway. Usually she’d just take herself to the common room and nap on the couch. With how wound up she was getting, how close to the edge she was Maz was in no mood to move for anything or anyone, not even snoring.

Catching Tim staring caused Maz to shake her head. “Ye’d ‘hink way the amount eh titties you must see that ye’d stoap feelin’ the need tae stare.”

“Depends oan the skin ah reckon. Doubt ah’d ever want tae see Professor Gray topless.”

Maz laughed at Tim’s answer. “Ye know some charms? Whit am ah thinkin’? Course ye know some charms.” She laughed again. “Better hope a side effect eh castin’ repeatedly oan yer Rodger isnae that it’ll faw aff.”

“Does it help then? Bein’ the biggest slapper in the school again?” Maz didn’t see how it could but then she was as far from being the biggest slapper as she could get. Maybe it did help. Jen certainly seemed to swear by the same method. Since she ignored her aunt completely during those episodes Maz couldn’t judge the successfulness of it.

Timothy Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Mar 30 2018, 01:44 PM

“Someone tried to tell you that you needed to change?” he questioned as he looked at her curiously. Whoever had done that clearly had no idea what sort of a world of hurt they were flirting with. If nothing else, it explained where the change in her attitude had come from recently.

The complaint about the snoring in her dorm room brought a grin to his face and he shrugged before offering, “If it gets too bad, you could always throw up some silencing charms,” then he winked and finished, “and if they don’t do the trick, there’s always room for you in my bed.”

It felt good to know that with everything that was changing, his friendship with Maz hadn’t. There was definitely something to be said for having some consistency in life.

“If I ever stop staring, you should rush me to the hospital wing,” he replied with a laugh.

“Besides, I’ve never had a chance to actually look at yours – just my imagination. And I’ve got a really good imagination.”

A look of horror crossed his face as he shook his head; as though he were trying to shake free the mental picture that she’d called forth. There were times that he was grateful for his active and powerful imagination. This was not one of them. Although, he figured that it could have been worse.

“Of course, this is my primary means of entertainment – why wouldn’t I know a charm for it? And don’t worry, if that had been a side effect, I would have found out long before now,” he replied with a mischievous grin.

“No.”

His reply was quick and definitive. After a beat he continued, “It doesn’t help much, but I’m good at it and it makes the time pass faster.”

Maz Cowan

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Mar 30 2018, 02:43 PM

“Mmmhmmm.” Maz answered as she pouted. “Well, didnae come right oot an’ say it but that wiz the gist eh the conversation.”

Maz had been going to tell Tim she didn’t see why she should have to throw up any spells - that being the kind of mood she was in about the whole situation. Then he finished his thought and instead of correcting him on his first point Maz burst out laughing. She let the laughter run its course before shaking her head at her friend. “Ah furgot how forward you kin be but right, moan then. Sneak me intae yer dorm an’ we kin huv a nap, ah’ll catch up oan mah kip an’ no be in danger eh stranglin’ Hufflepuffs in their sleep.”

“Can do!” She gave him a thumbs up and chuckled.

“Nae matter how good it is it’ll be naewhere near good enough.” Maz stated. “Shame fur ye cause they’re really nice boobs an’ ah see them whenever ah want.” She pulled her shirt out at the front and looked down. “Like now.” She shot a smirk Tim’s way before glancing down again. “Also now.” Maz pressed the hand holding the shirt against her body for a few seconds before pulling it away and taking another look. “Oh look, boobs again!”

His look of horror set Maz off laughing again. She was working up quite a list of things that could bring that expression to Tim’s face. A good thing for her though not so much for Tim.

“Fine, fine. You are obviously the master of all things sex related.” Maz deadpanned. “The true King eh aw the Shaggers. Long live The King and his Royal Boaby!”

The corners of her mouth downturned at his quick answer. “As long as it passes the time ah suppose.”

There was a remark she could make, a joking remark but she wouldn’t. Though it seemed that Tim had mind blank’s when it came to their day spent at The Fayre Maz didn’t have nearly so many. It had always seemed a grievous unfairness in her life that she didn’t get many drunken blackouts. She drank to forget so figured that blackouts would be just perfect for her. Though if she actually thought about it she’d know the drink would blackout the wrong things. With no blanks in her memory Maz remembered most of what was said, if not all, and more importantly what expressions her friend had worn.

So, instead of making the joke offer - at least it was a joke in her head - Maz let a silence seep between them as she looked to her knees. She had considered cutting losses for the both of them, just bailing out and backing away as she’d done many times, with many different people. She couldn’t do it. Couldn’t do it to herself and knew she was being an utterly selfish bitch. It would probably be better for them to just go their separate ways. People did it all the time but Tim was the only real friend she had and she wasn’t about to give him up. Not over something so daft as tensions she felt they could never act on. It's not like it was a totally new thing for them.

“Life’s so f**kin’ shit at times isn’t it… See, this is why ah drink.”

Timothy Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 03:28 PM

“Who was it?” he asked curiously. Granted, whoever it was wouldn’t have that much time to really suffer her wrath since they were just a few months from graduation; but, regardless, it would still be fun to watch that revenge play out. In his mind it had to be one of the new Professors – the old ones couldn’t have possibly been that stupid.

Her laughter made him smile, though it was a bit disconcerting to think that she might have actually forgotten. Being forward was one of his hallmarks; after all, what was the point in beating around the bush when it was just as easy to make sure everyone was on the same page. There were too many other things to do to waste time like that.

“It’s funny to me that you think we’d have to sneak you in. I can’t think of any of the Slytherins that would call me out for bringing you in – and I certainly can’t think of any that would risk your ire by tattling.”

Maz’s quick agreement and thumbs-up brought another smile to his face. This was exactly what he’d needed. He’s been slowly relaxing and unwinding recently, but it was always easier to do with friends than it was with his temporary companions.

Tim laughed as she began looking down her own shirt and taunting him with the view. A mischievous tone entered his voice as he shrugged and countered, “That’s what you say… I’m beyond positive that it’s an amazing view, but we’ll never know for sure. The only way to really put that to the test would be for you to strip off and show me – then I could let you know just how they rate against my imagination.”

A feigned pout crossed his face as Maz had yet another laugh at his expense.

“Damn straight,” he agreed.

Even as he’d said it, it had felt wrong. It wasn’t so much that it passed the time, as it was something that he was familiar with doing. Something that he knew he could do. There had been no shortage of willing companions willing to give him a spin since he’d been ‘off the market’ for so long. It was still fun, but there was something lacking to it now. Something that he would never be willing to admit aloud or even really to himself.

“It really can be,” he agreed, “maybe I should start giving this drinking thing a real go.”

Maz Cowan

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Apr 3 2018, 02:26 PM

“Professor Taggart.” Maz answered with a huff. “Ah’ve changed mah mind aboot him possibly bein’ the sexiest man alive.” After crossing her arms she continued. “Ah dinnae know fur sure who eh the others hid a pop but ah could make good guesses.”

“Ah could easily point oot at least ten fur ye.” She couldn’t name them of course since she often let people’s names slip her mind. “An’ that party at yer grandad’s did me nae favours.” Not that she’d been looking for any. “Whitever the auld woman wiz aimin’ fur way me it’s no worked. Seems tae’ve made the pures that dinnae like me bolder. Am gittin’ mair glares again, mutterin’s… am jist waitin’ oan it kickin’ aff really.”

“Tap eh the list eh names is Sannesley though. Fell oot way him at Christmas an’ left him tae make his ain way hame fae Jen’s.” Maz still didn’t regret that. Pavon was a dick. “So sneakin’ it shall have to be.” She finished with a grin.

A quirked brow was her first response to Tim before she slowly looked around the room. “Am no strippin’ fur ye.” She told him when her eyes fell on him again. “There isnae even a pole!” A hand was waved around the room to prove her point. “If am puttin’ oan a show ah may as well dae it right.”

“Dinnae pout, man. You should be happy bein’ The Boaby King. Ye’ve been workin’ towards it fur years.” She paused for a second and tilted her head. “Is the pout coz ye’ve no goat a crown?” Nodding her head she added. “Ah git that. Nae point withoot a crown.”

The minute Tim said he should give drinking a real goal Maz started laughing. “You?” Her laughter continued. “Mate, yer a lightweight. Look at last time… actually…” she paused in thought. “Aye, gie it a real go. Drunk Tim’s funny as fuck. Drunk Tim’ll flash his boobs at men fur a tattoo.”

“How’s that wurkin’ oot fur ye anyway? Big massive tatt - got tae be a hit way the slappers?”

“You just huv tae make sure ye dinnae dae it too much an’ end up a drunk like Jen wiz. Or a sad dinker… you kept pullin’ yer wee sad face at The Fayre. As cute as it is it’s no the point. Ye urnae supposed tae be sad when yer pished. So ye’ll need tae git a handle oan that cause ah’ll be outlawin’ it when ah rule the world.”

Timothy Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Apr 3 2018, 08:28 PM

“Ah, well, fuck him,” Tim supported with a bright smile, amused by his pun, “and the rest of them are tools too. Don’t worry about them.”

Then he grinned and added, “He says as though she would.”

“That’s interesting, because he told me that you won over more of them than he’d thought you would. I wonder if this is a case of the real idiots being the most vocal about their idiocy. While I have no real idea what it was that Lady Selwyn was hoping for, I doubt that it was as complete a failure as you seem to think.”

“It’s unlikely she was trying to win over the ones that didn’t like you already, they’re stupid bastards, and was more interested in swaying the ones that hadn’t made up their minds yet,” he offered. At least that’s what made sense to him. If they could get the lion’s share of the families to support her, or at least accept her, they could force the others around in the end.

Tim rolled his eyes and shook his head at the mention of Pavon before agreeing, “Sannesley’s a prat. You were nicer to him than we were if you just made him find his own way home. He mouthed off to Amber and I a couple years ago and then actually started a fight. We delivered quite the beating – I don’t think he learned the error of his ways though.”

“All the same – I’m good at sneaking around with people. We’ve got this.”

Again, he pouted. Just for a moment though before his smile was back and he shrugged, “You can’t blame me for trying.”

“If it’s just a pole,” he brightened playfully at her continued thought, “I’m sure I could arrange one…”

He couldn’t help but laugh. She’d always been able to make him laugh; even when he was lost in the deepest of snits. As the time had passed, things had been getting better anyway so the laughter came much more easily, and didn’t leave him nearly as surprised as it would have a week ago.

“A crown might be just the thing… Are you going to make that happen for me?”

Tim grinned and shrugged again, “I really wish I remembered that, but I suppose it worked – cause I do have a pretty awesome tattoo.”

“It’s not like I needed it to pull any of them, but it’s popular all the same.”

Then he finished quietly, “But I’m happier with it and that’s kind of the point.”

At the mention of ending up like Jen, he grinned, and shrugged as she mentioned just how sad he had been when they’d been drinking at the Fayre, “In my defense, there was a lot of stuff going on just then. And, I’ll admit that I’m a late starter, but that just means that you’re going to have to teach me, at least then I’d know I’d be learning from the best.”

Maz Cowan

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Apr 4 2018, 02:35 PM

“Ye know, ah probably would.” Maz replied with a smirk. “Ah ‘hink he’s a massive walloper but he’s too handsome.” She slid off the crate she sat on as she agreed that the professor’s were tools and sat beside Tim on the floor.

It wasn’t a happy look she sent his way when he joked and grinned. His words were too far from her truth then. “Am no doin’ so well way the no worryin’ right now.” The pettiness of her retaliation was enough proof of that for Maz.

It was a strange thing that it bothered her so much. Other people’s opinions of her usually didn’t even register with the girl. The problem was that there were a few professor’s she’d actually liked, and in her own way respected too. It hurt anytime she thought she wasn’t good enough or that others felt that way and while she could always move passed it quickly she couldn’t just then.

“Didnae say it wiz a complete failure.” She mulled over his words before shaking her head. “Or folk are sayin’ wan ‘hing tae him an’ mutterin’ many others aboot me.”

“Whitever it was the experiments over.” Maz had decided that the night of the ball. “Shouldnae even’ve began. Still dinnae know how it happened.” For a second she frowned before it cleared. “Am done playin’ other folks games.” She grinned. “Got too many ae mah own on the go.”

“Aye, he’s a prat awrite.” She laughed lightly at Tim’s tale even as she thought of Pavon. There hadn’t been much of a thought spared for the boy since the night at Jen’s. Parker had assured her that he’d got Pavon home safely and that was enough. Now she was suddenly struck by the thought of what it meant to have a falling out with the Slytherin with no intention of fixing things. Clearly it was another problem since he knew the one secret she’d kept her whole life.

She looked to Tim to tell her own tale while still pondering the problem that was Pavon. What if he decided to spill her secret? What if everyone knew? Well, she supposed, there was no point worrying. She’d deal with it if and when she had to. There was no hope in hell of her doing anything to keep that little prick onside.

“Furst time ah met him wiz in detention. Ended up way wan hand roon his neck an’ the other deathgrippin’ his pecker. Telt him ah’d fry up his heart, pit it oan a sandwich an’ eat it infront ae his reanimated corpse.” Despite the distracting train of thought building up steam Maz smiled brightly. She would always be amused by that particular threat. Just for a second though the smile slipped as the thought of how Tim would take it if he knew what Pavon knew. She hiked the smile back properly into place when Tim informed her he was good at sneaking around with people.

Clearly the snorer wouldn’t be a problem for her that night. Her own brain would be doing a fine job of keeping her up through the early hours. The thing was she well knew that the magical world wasn’t too good at accepting those who are different. Only a fool wouldn’t know that. And she was different. She’d sat through the divination lessons with the tales of how others like her had been treated, she’d silently fumed at some of the comments from those in her class. No one liked the thought of another person who might know things about them. People especially didn’t like it if they didn’t yet know the things themselves.

Not missing a beat Maz took a glance at Tim’s area. “‘Hink yer pole might be a bit small, mate.” She knew she was probably walking right into some double meaning like that time with the chewing gum. That was all part of the fun of the joking though.

“Ah will get ye the prettiest crown fur the prettiest King!” She paused before frowning as she asked. “Kin a crown eh dick be pretty?”

“The only point really.” Maz agreed with a nod.

Maz patted Tim’s arm when he defended his drunk ways. Then she grinned. “Ha! We’ve each a speciality in that whit the other has not.” Again she could have made a suggestion that while it was a joke in her head wouldn’t have remained so if she’d said it. Or at least wouldn’t be taken wholly as a joke. She made a joke of that instead. “Ah could suggest ah teach you an’ you teach me… but then ye’d make yer wee sad face.” She cupped her friends chin with one hand as she pouted at him. “It’s cute but that cute whit makes me want tae cry. Ah dinnae want tae cry, Tim. Mah eyes go aw red an’ puffy.”

Timothy Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 03:40 PM

“Merlin,” Tim groaned loudly before smiling as she joined him in sitting on the floor, “that’s not what I meant at all and you know it…” then he looked at her skeptically, a playful glint in his eye and finished, “You know… if I didn’t know better, I think you’re just saying stuff like that to wind me up.”

The unhappy look surprised him just a little bit and he wasn’t sure what to say at first. It had seemed like they were having fun and he hadn’t meant to bring up anything bad. It seemed like they were both in a place that that wasn’t remotely what they needed. With a grin, he shrugged and agreed, “It’s all good, it’s common advice but I’m really bad at following it myself. Sometimes a little bit of harmless petty revenge is just what’s needed to prevent us from snapping and really hurting someone.”

There were a couple of Professors at the school that Tim wouldn’t be okay with them thinking badly of him, but not very many. Still, he could understand the disappointment that Maz was most likely feeling that had fed into her mini-rebellion.

“Normally, I’d say that could be it. However, I have spent enough time around him to know that he doesn’t take what anyone says at face value. He has to confirm everything through his contacts and outside sources. It has to be pretty nerve-wracking to know that you can’t trust anyone around you.”

“It makes me question why I’m so willing to follow in his footsteps,” he finished with a grin.

She was right though, that the evening was over and as long as she wasn’t of a mind to repeat the performance than none of it really mattered. Regardless of what Lady Selwyn or his grandfather had in mind, there was no way they were going to get anything out of her that she didn’t want to give.

“That’s it…”

Tim smiled happily at her and said, “Thanks for reminding me – that’s why I want to follow in his footsteps. I want to make people play my game rather than constantly rooting around in theirs.”

It was strangely comforting to have her agree with him about Pavon. Most people seemed to, but for some reason Maz had seemed to have a soft spot for the boy for a long time. Tim hadn’t been able to understand it at all and was beyond curious as to what she’d seen in him. Fortunately, it seemed like the temporary insanity was ending.

With a content nod, Tim agreed, “That he is.”

He snorted.

“That sounds like a memorable first meeting. I met him for the first time on the edge of the Forest. I don’t even remember what we were doing or what we talked about… the second time, Amber and I rescued him from some bully or another. You’d think that would have bought me some sort of respect in his eyes – but no.”

“He still required a beating,” Tim finished with a shrug.

The changes in mood, and looks of concern, flashing across her face hadn’t gone unnoticed, but Tim wasn’t sure what to do about it. If she wanted to tell him what was up, he was more than happy to listen, but he knew that he couldn’t exactly drag it out of her. With a soft smile he bumped her shoulder and asked, “You alright?”

A surprised bark of laughter escaped him and he shook his head, “See? It’s just tragic that you really believe that… “

“I can assure you there have been no complaints,” he ended with a wink.

“Clearly I can,” he replied with a playfully smug grin, “now… where is my crown?”

Just a couple of weeks ago, she might have been right; there likely would have been a sad look. However, between the indignation about being left behind without a word and the passage of time he wasn’t quite that far gone anymore. Tim chuckled and replied teasingly, “It’s nice to know you think it’s cute when I pout… but that wasn’t where I was going with this…”

“I was all set to agree with you, and point out that this is a school… we’re supposed to be learning and sharing knowledge, right?”

Maz Cowan

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 07:23 PM

Maz met Tim’s playful look with a serious one of her own. “It bothers ye that ah wid bang the new headmaster an’ ‘hink he’s handsome?” She smirked again. “Best no tell ye aboot the dream ah hid the other night aboot yer sexy beast eh a da then.”

She grinned at her friend trying to make her feel better. “An’ ah am the best at being petty! Though hurtin’ people always sounds good…” She appeared to think it over a moment before turning to Tim again. “How much trouble ye reckon ah’d git in if ah kicked fuck oot a teacher?”

As she nodded her agreement to his point Maz had to wonder if anyone could trust everyone around them. She certainly didn’t. The person she probably would trust most sat beside her and she kept secrets from him. Pavon knew one of her secrets but that had nothing to do with trust. At one point yes she’d thought she might be able to trust the boy but even then she’d still backed that up with fear. Something she realised she may just have to do again.

Returning his happy smile with one of her own before she frowned, “Wait… ye dinnae like rootin’ around in mah games?” She joked. “Am hurt. Mah games ur awesome.”

“All furst meetin’s way me are.” Her smug answer was paired with a smug smile. “He often does.” She agreed. It was amazing just how many times she’d been successful in keeping herself from hitting Pavon. Just about every time she’d spent time with him she’d wanted to punch him at least once.

After returning the shoulder bump Maz smiled and nodded. “Am fine, mate. Just thinkin’... no always a good ‘hing that.”

Maz laughed as she replied. “Ah’ll take yer wurd, mate… although ah should probably point oot that only the wurst person would tell a guy he’s a wee willy tae his face.” She grinned. “Ah’d totally dae it. Be a laugh.”

“Ye expect it now? Like ah kin just magic up a crown eh willies oan demand. Ah mean furst ah need tae decide whose tae cut aff...” She tilted her head to the side as she looked at him. Then she sat forward. “Actually, ah’ve better than that… better than King Eh Boabys.” As she spoke Maz had unbuttoned the cuffs of her shirt then sat forward and slid her hands up the back of her shirt. After sitting back again she pulled her bra out from the front of her shirt, re-clasped the back and straps then positioned it on Tim’s head. “King eh the Titmen!”

Leaning away from him to get a better look Maz laughed as she nodded. “Suits ye.”

A slow smile spread as Tim talked and Maz kept her hand on his chin. As much as she wanted to hear what he was saying just so they could get over themselves and back to usual she didn’t know if she believed him. Before it would have been fine, before they could have done what they both wanted and it wouldn’t have changed a thing. Maz was sure of that but things had changed. If they went along with what they wanted now she worried that at some point in time he’d hate her for it. She blamed Tim for it and Amber since Tim had been the one to go all grown-up and Amber had been the one to put Maz’s name in their relationship. Feeling a scowl threaten as she thought of that as it always did Maz did her best to stop it. Her eyes danced over Tim’s face, she licked her lips and paused with her dark eyes settled on his. She ran her thumb slowly along his jaw.

“Am still no suggestin’ it.” Maz smirked, let go of Tim’s chin and settled back against the crate.

Timothy Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Apr 7 2018, 01:32 PM

Despite his best efforts to keep his face clear of any emotion and not give her anything else to use against him, he cringed as she mentioned having a dream about his dad. It wasn’t fair – he’d had his share of dreams about some of the female teachers at the school; but not Jen, so it wasn’t the same and it wasn’t fair. With a shake of his head he replied, “No, it’s definitely best that you not tell me about that at all. Now I just need to figure out how to make myself forget that you’ve mentioned it at all.”

“Probably a lot if you got caught,” he considered with a grin, “but between the two of us we might be able to come up with a plan where it seems like an accident; or at least that they don’t know it was you that did it…”

Tim laughed and shrugged before agreeing, “Alright, I’ll concede that most of your games are pretty awesome. Unfortunately, most of the people that get to set the rules aren’t nearly as amazing as you are.”

“Sometimes not so much,” he agreed with a grin. Thinking too much was something that Tim suffered from rather a lot – the more he thought about it the more he considered that was a part of the reason that he so enjoyed what he did; it dragged him out of his own head at least for a little while.

There was absolutely no doubt in Tim’s mind that she would do that to someone. The mental picture of it was pretty epic and he couldn’t help but chuckle. Still, he smiled playfully at her and shrugged before conceding, “That’s your choice I suppose, but you’re missing out…”

“The only problem with that decision is that there are so many options in the school,” Tim replied, amused.

When she suddenly sat up, he looked over curiously and smiled brightly as she went through the steps to remove her bra. He could still remember the first time that he’d seen a girl do that and how impressed he’d been that she’d been able to manage it without removing her shirt. It was something that he’d mostly gotten used to by then, but that didn’t make it any less fun to watch.

Then she refastened it and set it on his head and he laughed again, “Alright, that is a fantastic title. And, I do hope you realized that I’ll be keeping this.”

“Of course it does,” he agreed as he made sure it was set correctly on his head.

Tim’s heart raced as she maintained her hold on his chin as her eyes roamed over his face. A shiver traced down his spine as she ran her thumb along the line of his jaw and he saw her tongue dart out to wet her lips. Just as he was about to lean in and close the distance between them – finally acting on the tension between them – she let go and pulled away and the moment was over.

“Of course you’re not,” he replied with a bemused grin as he sat back against the crates as well, “just don’t forget that the offer is on the table.”

Maz Cowan

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Apr 7 2018, 08:01 PM

Maz’s grinned wickedly as she watched Tim lose his battle. “Booze.” she answered simply. “Worked well enough last time.”

“Right then…” Maz rubbed her hands together. “A most devious eh plans shall be plotted.”

After crossing her arms Maz looked to Tim, one brow risen. “Excuse me. Most? All, Morrigan, All!”

Not wanting to dwell on their thoughts on thinking Maz patted Tim’s leg and kept quiet. There was a time for seriousness anyway and squeezed in between joking about dreaming about dads and stripper poles wasn’t it.

She rolled her eyes at being told she was missing out. “So ye keep sayin’ an’ sayin’ an’ sayin’.”

“Mmhmm.” Maz nodded as she agreed. There were so many potential donors for Tim’s crown in the castle.

“Ah suspected ye’d say that.” Maz told Tim with a nod. “Ah dinnae git it right enough, it’s only a bra. No like the boobs ur in it but… knock yerself out man.”

“If there wiz a table ah might already be on it makin’ suggestions.” She couldn’t help it, she had to laugh at herself since the words came out in more of a grumble than she’d meant.

Maz let herself slide down just a little to rest her head on Tim’s shoulder. She was quiet and even closed her eyes as though she might just take that nap joked about earlier. The hands resting in her lap were loosely clasped as she rolled on thumb around the other. Maz was very rarely still, even if it was just a bobbing foot the girl was almost always moving.

Without opening her eyes Maz spoke. “An applicant teacher wid probably fare better if they hid some’hin’ other than a manky fuckin’ floor an skelf ridden old crates tae hand… Jist sayin’ disnae huv tae be any’hin over the top, maybe just clean way a wee bitty comfort.”

“Like, next Hogsmeade day ah’ll take ye tae the pub -pub’s very clean an’ comfy. An’ ah’ll teach ye the pure awesomeness eh doin’ shots.” Probably not one of her better ideas to do shots when they would have to return to school but she meant it. “Or maybe that’s mair a summer ‘hing… whitever - pub next Hogsmeade day it is anyway.”

Falling quiet again Maz had to wonder why she wouldn’t just let it go, drop the idea of her and Tim ever doing anything. It was obviously what she wanted right? So as not to risk their friendship and his oh so cute sad face. Or, was her hint about setting just her buying herself some time? Time might be just the ticket, she could talk herself into thinking that it would just be what it was, nothing more. No one would feel guilt and more importantly for her no one would turn that guilt to hate for anyone. It was because she was a good friend that she was holding back and worrying but wouldn’t a good friend also take the time to be sure…

Maz smirked. “Other applicants huv at least hid a jaicket they could put doon.”

Timothy Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Apr 9 2018, 03:36 PM

“It really did, didn’t it?”

Somehow, even though he was involved in it, the glee with which she stated her intentions to plot her devious plots left him feeling just a little bit concerned. There were so many possible problems that could arise; and yet, at the same time, he was desperately looking forward to all of it. Going out with a bang and what not.

“I think I’ll stick with most,” he teased happily, “after all, everyone has their off days.”

With a laugh he shrugged, “I’d just show you, but I’m afraid you’d curse me.”

Tim wasn’t sure if he should be surprised or not that she knew him so well. As he readjusted his new crown again, he decided probably not. They’d been friends for a long time. With an agreeable smile he answered, “That’s true – but they were in it. Not to mention, this one is yours. So it’s both great fodder for my imagination, as well a potential conversation piece once I mount it on the wall at home.”

“Merlin, then I’m even more depressed that all we have are these barrels…”

The urge to take her hand in his as she settled in against his side was strangely powerful. It wasn’t something he was really used to feeling and, in the end, he settled on shifting around so that he could slip his arm around her shoulders. Not having his arm pressed up against his side winning out, and it was a position he was much more familiar with. Quiet moments with friends wasn’t actually something he had a lot of; even when he was with Amber they had a few – probably a lot over the years – but most of their time was spent studying, dueling, or… well… dueling.

Her comment about an ‘applicant teacher’ did surprise a smile out of him, however. His eyes darted around the room again; it was a fantastic place to be alone but it was remarkably uncomfortable. Just old barrels and stone floors. It made him wish he was good enough at Transfiguration to do something about this and make the room a little better.

“Shots at the pub sounds fantastic,” he agreed with a laugh.

“There are many, many better rooms that we could take advantage of to start off your lessons properly. I’d never dream of beginning your instruction here,” he replied to her smirk.

Maz Cowan

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 05:32 PM

Maz nodded her answer. It had worked very well last time since as far as she could tell Tim remembered very little after arriving in the village.

“Ah’ll punch ye, Morrigan!” She huffed. “That is a vile slur! Maz Cowan never has off days.”

The girl shrugged, “Or laugh. Could go either way really.” she teased.

“Conversation piece way who? Yer grandad?” She couldn’t think of who else would be in Tim’s room except girls but then she didn’t see why he’d want to talk about her bra to them. “Bit weird tae be ‘hinkin’ aboot havin’ a natter aboot mah bra way yer papa so it is.” Maz wondered if some sort of karma was at work as it was her turn to look utterly disgusted at her words. “Dinnae talk aboot mah bra way yer grandfaither, Tim.” She tried to shake the thought away.

Maz leaned against Tim some more when he put his arm around her. She knew she should probably move, there was always something that would need doing. She was much too comfortable to bother even thinking about it.

Shots at the pub did still sound like a very good evening to Maz too but she was certain it would be a better night without a curfew. She supposed they could still give it a go the next day spent in the village. Practice was always helpful.

“Aye. Am sure if ah telt ye tae git naked right now ye’d totally be objectin’ like.”

After unclasping her fingers Maz crossed her arms loosely. “You should hang aboot way me mair often. Fared well the day; a bra an’ a chance at a very business-like nookie deal.” Worry followed immediately on after her joking tone causing her to frown once more. Her mind was seemingly onside though as she found it easy to push the worry away quite simply now. Nothing was happening, it was all just chat and she could always decide it was all a joke at any minute. She could and she could also ignore the thought that she didn’t think she actually would. “Just so’s ye know - no every’hin’ needs tae huv that boardroom twist.”

Covering her mouth with her hand Maz let the threatening yawn proceed. “Ah’ve been sittin’ still too long.” There was no attempt from her to get up even as she complained. “This is me seizin’ up.”

Timothy Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 08:54 PM

“Vile slurs are one of the things that I’m best at,” he confirmed happily.

Her tease surprised a laugh out of him. Of all of the responses he’d expected, that hadn’t even made the list and that made him feel just a little bit silly. It probably should have been right at the top of his list. With a shake of his head he smiled at his friend and groused, “That’s cold, Cowan. So cold.”

Clearly, their minds hadn’t been going the same direction. It didn’t matter though, he was more than please enough with the look on her face at the idea of him discussing her bra with his grandfather. He was certain that it was the same look that had crossed his face so many times in their conversations recently.

“Why not? You don’t think he’d want to hear about it? Or do you think he’d steal it?” he teased.

“Somehow, that doesn’t seem like something I’d object to at all.”

“I really should,” he agreed. He’d been so close with Amber for so long, it hadn’t really occurred to him just how few friends he really had in the school. As much as he wanted to consider Lottie a friend, she had largely spent time with him through Amber. Maz was just about it anymore. It wasn’t a pleasant thought.

“Boardroom twist… that sounds kinky…”

He hugged her to him with his arm around her shoulder and responded, “There’s nothing wrong with that – things have been crazy. Relaxing, and maybe a short nap, sounds great.”

*End Scene*

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Dungeons | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Complete
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse