Cryptic Conjuring -> Being Normal
It is May 2077.
High temps reach 14°C while the lows stay nice at 7°C. Day begins at 5.30am and ends with sunset at 9pm. Rain is an almost constant with dry days being mostly clouded over.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
House Points
G
H

R
S
Board Stats
M F
Adults 19 12
University 3 1
Hogwarts 14 12

Hogwarts
First Years 0
Second Years 1
Third Years 1
Fourth Years 5
Fifth Years 4
Sixth Years 11
Seventh Years 4

Hogwarts Houses
Gryffindors 7
Hufflepuffs 6
Ravenclaws 5
Slytherins 8

University
First Years 2
Second Years 2
Third Years 0
Fourth Years 0

Blood Status
Purebloods 22
Halfbloods 20
Muggleborns 12
Unknown 2
Squibs 1
Vampires 1
Veelas 4
Fey 1
Werewolves 0
Changeling 0
Social Media

Tumblr

Rating

Click for Explanation
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Complete
New Poll

Being Normal, Alex Morrigan / Maz Cowan
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Mar 15 2018, 03:30 PM

With some advice from the new Headmaster and even his barely concealed warning ringing in her ears Maz made her way to her Charms professor’s classroom. He was a teacher she used to quite like, if she ignored what he’d done to Tim, and in class she could, for the most part. He certainly hadn’t been a teacher she’d ever wished to avoid as she did then. The man had changed, everyone knew and it wasn’t a good change either. Of course Maz understood why he’d changed and she did feel bad for him, guilty even since she’d failed in what she’d been trying to do on the day that changed him. Understanding didn’t mean she wanted to find herself in his company though.

Reaching the door and finding it closed as she’d expected Maz stepped back from it instead of knocking. She could abandon the idea, leave it be and let the first year be for another. She could walk away from having to spend anytime with this dementor of a man and leave it to someone else. Actually she could even go find that someone else now. Or, she could just get on with it.

It was always going to be that option - getting on with it. That’s what Maz’s whole life basically amounted to she felt. Get up and get on. There was nothing else for it really, she certainly couldn’t see herself turning into some kind of eternal moper waiting around for Death’s shadow like some seemed to.

After a loud sigh at the things she had to put herself through Maz knocked on the door, quietly though. A change from her usual four loud bangs. When the door opened it was to find a much different Maz altogether. The often wild looking girl didn’t look so wild then having straightened herself up on the way. Her wavy hair, rather than seemingly having a life of its own was plaited down her back, her uniform was straight - all buttoned and everything. Even her tie was round her neck where it should be rather than sticking out of her shirt pocket or wrapping her head. Standing differently too she had her booted feet together, hands clasped behind her back and her head respectfully bowed.

She’d read into the warning words, it hadn’t been very difficult. If Professor Morrigan felt she should be a more normal kind of boring student then Maz was more than up to that challenge. At least she would be, right up until the point she got bored of it.

“Can ah have a moment of yer time please, Sir?” Her accent was changed too. The slang words dropped and the harshness around the edges replaced by that unusual Highland lilt. She raised her head, a sweet smile in place. “Professor Taggart said ah should speak tae you, Sir.”

Alex Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
-Mega thanks to Court for the set-
OWL
^
Alex Morrigan
 Posted: Mar 17 2018, 10:33 PM

Honestly, very little had changed for Alex with the new Headmaster. It wasn’t like it reduced his workload any, and he still had a fair amount of paperwork to catch up on from earlier in the year when he’d pretty well checked out. He was slowly hacking his way through the stack – it had to be done by the end of the year so that he could have the summer, uninterrupted, with his family. With their work loads, bridging the gap that had started to form between them wasn’t something that was going to happen during the school year.

The sound of someone knocking on his door wasn’t completely unexpected. It happened not infrequently, and he’d recently found himself wishing that he could just hide under his desk until they’d gone away. Knowing that wasn’t an option, he pushed his chair back from his desk and rose to see who needed him; and for what.

He blinked at the sight that greeted him when the door opened. It hadn’t been that long ago that he’d seen Maz at the meal, but she’d gone through – apparently – quite a bit to try and clean herself up. Her robes were all straightened, her hair was under control, and her hands were clasped behind her back like she’d joined the military or something like that.

His eyebrow arched as she greeted him. The slang was gone, but so was most of the life and energy that he’d come to associate with his son’s friend. Once she’d asked her question, he stood – shell shocked – in the doorway for just a moment too long before shaking his head and stepping aside, “Of course. What may I do for you Miss Cowan?”

She was not his usual visitor when it came to interrupting his office time, and he was beyond curious as to just what the new Headmaster had in mind that had sent her to see him. Once she'd entered he closed the door behind them and turned to make his way back toward the front of the room.

"Have a seat and tell me what's on your mind."

As he spoke he motioned toward one of the desks at the front of the room and he took a seat on the top of his own desk.

Maz Cowan

--------------------

=Art by G=

All Characters:

OWL
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 06:02 PM

Even though the professor’s reaction was exactly what she’d been going for Maz didn’t react to it. She kept that same sweet smile in place as she watched him and waited while he got over the shock she’d obviously caused him. There were a couple of times in the past when she’d pulled the very same thing on Jen. While Professor Morrigan was shocked her aunt had been most freaked out.

“Thank you, Sir.” She spoke politely as he stepped aside and she walked into the classroom. Even the way she walked was different. Gone were her confident, purposeful strides to be replaced by a stiffer posture, though she didn’t take it as far as a march.

Instead of sitting on top of a desk Maz sat in a chair behind one. She sat with her back straight, legs crossed and hands clasped on the desk before her. Quickly she thought over what she was going to say, a thing she very rarely found the need to do in life.

“Well, Sir, ah was speaking with Professor Taggart an’ we got talking about the movie night idea.” The girl paused, running through her next words silently. “He asked if ah was still interested in going forward with it. Ah am so he told me tae come an’ see you.”

Another brief pause before she continued. “Ah could ask another professor if yer no interested anymore. Professor Hart would probably be game but, well, you’re the charms guy. Oh an’ Professor Taggart says any agreements you already came to with Professor Norwood about it still stand, so no issues from him.”

Alex Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Alex Morrigan
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 02:46 PM

A frown flashed across his face at her thanks, and then her walk. It was all too formal. Alex briefly wondered if she was mocking him with the act, but she hadn’t done anything that actually warranted being called out. He had no idea what she was there to talk about – but his anxiety was starting to increase with the way she was behaving. It was so far out of character that he was concerned about just how bad it could be.

“What about?” he asked curiously, as she mentioned speaking to the Headmaster.

It set him just a little bit at ease. If there were bad news coming from the Headmaster, it wasn’t going to be delivered by the Head Girl. Then it turned out that he was wrong; it was bad news. With everything that was going on – he’d completely forgotten about the movie night that they’d discussed so long ago. Even as he’d continued to work on the charms and the spell work that he’d only been exposed to through her guitar, he’d let the movie night drop.

Alex slumped forward for a moment before returning his attention to Maz, a remorseful look on his face, “Maz, I’m so sorry. With everything…”

He shook his head again, he wasn’t going to make excuses for this, “I forgot all about that.”

“Is that something that you’re still interested in doing? I know that Professor Norwood wasn’t sure that I was the best one to help with that. I was a pretty controversial figure at the time. I’m not convinced that I’m any better now.”

“I would love to help you out, but if you think I’m not the best choice to help you with this,” he offered, “I could talk to Professor Hart for you; or perhaps Professor Longbottom? The important thing is to get people to actually show up.”

Maz Cowan

--------------------

=Art by G=

All Characters:

OWL
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 08:23 PM

“You dinnae have tae apologise tae me, Sir.” Maz frowned lightly. “Life threw more than one train carriage at ye.”

“Ah kindae did as well so we’re even on that.” She had forgotten, it had been put to the back of her mind as something for later planning. Getting the charms right was going to take quite a bit of time she knew so there had been plenty of time for any planning. Then, life kind of happened to her too she guessed and other thoughts pushed that one out.

Maz nodded that yes she was still interested in doing it. She smiled though at his next words and she couldn’t stop the slip in her “normal” mask. It was closer to the smirk she often wore. “And am no, Sir? If we’re going tae talk controversial… at least you’re mostly controversial tae one side… am sitting aboot fifty-fifty fur who hates me more.” She held her arms out to the side. “Am a blood-traitor who openly courts both sides without even the hint of proper shame.” Not that she meant to be, it was just the way things had turned out for her and she accepted it. She also saw the fun she could have with it in the future.

“Ah speak out against muggle studies then ah go and pass the exams. Am known for hating the extremists then ah go and perform at that Selwyn woman’s shindig. Purists and pro-muggles take their shots at me…” Though of course it was the pro-muggle lot that had gotten her the worst. “Ah think am confusing them all.” It amused her that she did just that.

“I think ye are.” If she hadn’t clasped her hands together again Maz doubted she’d have been able to not cross her arms. “But any other professor who want to be involved should too.”

“It’ll be fun and ah already know that more people will be there than won’t. There’s plenty that grew up exclusively magical that are interested in films and other muggle entertainment as well. Our world’s really very boring. Ah’d go insane without the telly.” She was serious, getting through the school year was difficult enough and she knew the TV was waiting for her at Jen’s.

She smiled again at the professor. “Come on, Sir, you know ye want tae be involved in the first ever movie night at Hogwarts. It’s going tae be awesome. For some who’ll come it’ll be the first time they’ve ever seen that kind eh thing. Ah cannae wait tae see their faces.”

Alex Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Alex Morrigan
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 03:56 PM

“Thank you for saying that,” he replied quietly. She was right that many things had happened, but that hadn’t been an excuse for letting everything else in his life grind to a halt. It was something that he was trying to fix, and was quickly learning that some things might have actually broken beyond fixing in his moments of grief and thoughtlessness.

The slip in her mask didn’t do anything to help Alex feel better. It just further emphasized that she was putting on some sort of an act for his benefit. This was something that bothered him, but he couldn’t imagine how petty it would seem to call her on it. With a grin, he shrugged, “I think there are far less than fifty percent that hate you – and even those that do respect you. Though, I do understand your point.”

“You’re better off not taking a side anyway. The ideology and politics of it will take care of themselves, and I suspect that our world would be a lot better off if more people were willing to interact with anyone the way you are.”

“My memory,” he continued, “wasn’t so much that you were complaining about the class so much as you were complaining about the way it was implemented. You actually had a valid point, but at that point the momentum to have the course added would have died if Professor Norwood had pulled back.”

“And I saw you at the Caer, you were very good,” he finished with a smile.

“Are you considering a career in performing?”

Considering the performance she’d been putting on since arriving in his room, it surprised him that hse seemed set on having him take part. It would have been a lie to say that he wasn’t excited for the opportunity. His work on the charms had been coming along nicely – he even had a smartphone working, albeit very briefly. A projector would be far less finicky.

“I would guess that most of the Professors are likely to attend,” he replied pensively, “a muggle movie being screened in Hogwarts… that would be something to see.”

Another small grin pulled at his face as she pointed out just how boring their world could be. It was beyond true. Entertainment was one of the things that the non-magical world just, flat out, did better than the magical one. It seemed like movies and TV shows could be a really good opening to introducing the muggle world to the Hogwarts students.

“I do want to be involved – I was very disappointed when Professor Norwood said he didn’t think I should be. Did you have a movie in mind for one to start with?”

Maz Cowan

--------------------

=Art by G=

All Characters:

OWL
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Mar 22 2018, 05:24 AM

“No problem, Sir.” Maz spoke almost as quietly as him. She never was great at responding to people’s thanks since she never thought she needed to be thanked for anything.

The girl nodded her agreement with his next points. People did respect her she supposed though she herself would have said they feared her instead. Of course she felt it was better to do as she did and treat people as you found them. If she didn’t think that she wouldn’t be doing it.

“Aye but that’s no the story whit done the rounds in the castle… or outside it for that matter. Ah got some folk tae tell me whit ah’d said an’ ah think maybe aboot ten percent eh what they said is what ah said.

“Thank you.” Maz returned his smile then frowned as she considered his question. “That used tae be the plan.” She shrugged. “Dinnae know now though.” The girl grinned again. “The Selwyn woman asked the same… told her ah was going for a life eh politics. Never seen anybody’s face cycle through so many colours, expressions an’ emotions at the speed hers did. Was actually amazing in it’s way.”

Maz was still dragging her feet on deciding what she was going to do with the rest of her life. She didn’t like planning for the future and much preferred to go with the flow and see where it led. Jen had informed her that that wasn’t how adult life worked. Maz was yet undecided on if she was going to prove her aunt wrong in that belief. Her university application was in so she supposed that was a clue that she was at least beginning to take life a tad more seriously.

“Exactly!” She smiled encouragingly. “No some’hin’ eh miss oot on cause eh a bit eh controversy at any rate.”

It wasn’t her place to comment on Professor Norwood’s thoughts on Morrigan’s involvement, especially since she’d done so before. “Ah have thought aboot it an’ at first ah thought anything Disney. Disney’s awesome. Me an’ Jen have Disney sing-along days when there’s sadness in the hoose - so whenever Jen gets dumped basically. But… could be seen as babying people. So ah thought a superhero movie! Jen takes me eh see them at the cinema an’ they’re bloody awesome. Plus, if we stay away from the heroes that just throw money aboot the place an’ stick tae ones born with their powers then it’s kindae relatable.” She frowned even as she said it. It was something pointed out to her years before by a friend of her aunt’s but Maz still didn’t know if she believed it. Who watched superhero movies to relate anyway?

“So you’re in then, Sir?” She asked, bright smile in place.

Alex Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Alex Morrigan
 Posted: Mar 22 2018, 03:06 PM

Her explanation amused him and a soft chuckle escaped from him as he shrugged. All too quickly though, it had faded and he was left with, “I’d say I’m sorry to hear that, and in a way I am. However, it’s probably better that you get used to that early. The people of the magical world aren’t ones to let fact and reality get in the way of a good story.”

Despite being on polar opposite sides politically, Alex knew Drucilla Selwyn reasonably well and he could only picture the expressions that must have crossed her face as Maz had discussed entering politics. It would have been amazing to be there to see it; frankly, it was a miracle that the ancient matriarch hadn’t had a stroke on the spot.

Honestly, Alex couldn’t really picture Maz in politics – pretty much for the same reasons he had trouble with her as Head Girl. There would be responsibilities, and things expected of her that would prevent her from being who he saw her as being. However, he didn’t consider it to be his place to question or deter the things that she was considering. Besides which, maybe she’d mature some and grow into the role as leader once she’d graduated. Things like that had happened before.

“Would have been nice if you’d have gotten a picture.”

Before becoming a teacher, and all of the stuff he’d been through and was going through, he’d have felt the same way. Still, he couldn’t help a soft smile at her enthusiasm. He considered her ideas and could see pros and cons for both. She was probably right about the Disney movies. He loved them, his wife had introduced him to them and he’d watched them with Blythe and Trystan growing up – with similar sing-alongs to what she’d described. However, in the school, it was very possible that people would look at them as kids movies and it might keep them away.

“A super hero movie might work. Did you have one in mind?”

He grinned sheepishly, “I’d been thinking Lord of the Rings, but that’s a bit long for a first sitting.”

“I’m in.”

Maz Cowan

--------------------

=Art by G=

All Characters:

OWL
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Mar 22 2018, 08:17 PM

“Am well used tae it. Jen an’ her pals are masters at twisting an’ changing words.” She frowned though at his singalling out the magical world. The muggle world was just as bad for it. It was a people thing, not a blood thing.

Maz nodded as she laughed lightly. “It would’ve been but ah think she’d have killed me. Ah’d already pushed her really far that night.” It was part payment for basically making her do something she felt forced to do. Payback for holding her business and employees over her head as the old woman had. She hadn’t gone too far of course. Maz could quickly find people’s lines and though she often crossed them she could dance along them just as well.

“Well, it’s best tae keep away fae Batman and Ironman for sure - they’re too much aboot technology. Superman is a good one cause he’s no human. Wonder Woman - she’s superhuman isn't she?. X-Men?” Maz frowned then quirked a brow as she looked into the space before her and tried to run through the list of films she could bring to mind. “There’s actually so many and so many reasons no eh have them.”

It was going to take more thought than she’d given it previously but she could ask around now. See what the muggleborns and halfbloods living in the muggle world thought. “Give me a week an’ ah’ll find oot the most popular one.” She told the Professor with every confidence that she would do exactly that.

The girl smiled at his sheepish grin. “Ah love Lord of the Rings. Jen doesnae but at times she’s the attention span eh a gnat. An’ ah’d love tae say we should go with that but… ah think that could be taken the wrong way. It’s too close tae our world - wizards, giant spiders, trolls, talk of dragons, elves… There will be people who’ll show up just tae find something to nitpick.”

“Else ah’d be suggestin’ The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.” Which she wouldn’t suggest because of the vampire, Dr Jekyll’s concoction that could be seen as a potion, an invisible man and the cursed painting. It was too close. Probably best they went with the alien. “Fell a wee bit bad dismissing a Sean Connery film.”

There was no way to keep that type of person away. While Maz would normally be all for giving them something to whinge about she wouldn’t ruin what they were trying to do.

“Awesome. Ah think we’ll have tae wait tae after exams now though but that gives us plenty time tae get everything sorted… Right?” Most of the sorting would fall on Professor Morrigan of course, he was the one who would have to set up the magic. “Be a good way for folk tae wind down fae exam stress.” Something Maz herself had struggled with just a little in her O.W.L year and was sure she’d suffer through that year too.

Alex Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Alex Morrigan
 Posted: Mar 26 2018, 03:20 PM

Again, he frowned. She was too young to have to deal with all of that. The news that she’d been dealing with it from her Aunt didn’t make him respect his fellow teacher anymore. In fact, it made him further start questioning some of the decisions that Headmaster Norwood had made. It was an uncomfortable feeling to doubt his mentor; but it wasn’t the first time that it had happened.

“I’m sorry to hear that, but it probably is a useful lesson to learn.”

Drucilla Selwyn had been a presence in Alex’s life for a long time – even if he hadn’t been as close to her as so many of his peers had been. His father had served with her on the Wizengamot and they’d been close allies back then. Apparently, that hadn’t changed at all. His experience with Lady Selwyn told him that Maz’s supposition was probably right; it was impressive that she’d managed to find the line without stumbling across it.

“You’re right, I’m sure,” then he smiled – the first real smile he’d had in a long time, and it seemed silly to him that it was over something so minor – as his finished his thought, “but it still would have been a pretty epic picture.”

“You say that, but I’d think they would both be good choices. It’s mostly made up tech, but it gives a good insight into where people picture non-magical technology as going. They might be a bit over the top, but they’re not really that hard to follow.”

Alex had always enjoyed Superman comics, so he nodded in agreement with that train of thought. Wonder Woman would have been acceptable as well. He’d never been a huge fan of the X-men growing up – the fantastical powers, hated by the wider world, needing to hide away – it all just hit a little bit too close to home. There were many options – and there were many reasons to take one over another; or even to give them all a pass.

“Maybe we need to move away from the idea of a comic book movie entirely for our first outing. We can introduce them later if this is as popular as it seems like it should be.”

“You’re probably right about Lord of the Rings,” he agreed reluctantly, “maybe that’s another one that we could build up to. Somehow I doubt that there is anything we could show that people wouldn’t show up to nitpick.”

“I never saw League. Is it any good?”

After a moment of thought he offered, “We could go with something based on a real story, but something that is very muggle. Have you seen the movie Apollo 13? We could throw in a little science and space travel with a really entertaining movie…”

“After exams sounds like a perfect plan. That way we could easily have it after dinner and not have to worry about how late things are running since everyone will just be waiting to head back home anyway.”

Maz Cowan

--------------------

=Art by G=

All Characters:

OWL
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Mar 28 2018, 03:48 PM

“Dinnae be sorry for me, Sir.” Maz told him seriously and with a smile. “Ah’ve learned a lot thanks tae mah dearest aunt… more than most folk learn in a lifetime. Two things Jen’s good at teaching; numbers and the real life lessons - the harder ones. Stuff most parental figures shy away from Jen will tackle head on… even if ah dinnae want her to.”

It annoyed Maz to admit that she’d learned anything thanks to Jen because it was so close to having to wonder if she was the person she was thanks to the woman. Maz would always prefer to believe that she was who she was to spite her aunt, never because of her. She didn’t even notice now when she dismissed or ignored completely the similarities they shared.

“It would.” Maz nodded. “It really would.” She smiled again. “If am around when she finds out ah’ve actually applied tae Uni tae study magical creatures ah’ll get one. Surely it’ll be another shock tae her system when she realises ah was only bamming her up and she fell for it.”

While Maz agreed with what he said about Ironman and Batman she still didn’t think they’d be good choices. In her mind she pictured the fear that was most evident on the faces of purebloods she’d seen confronted with muggle technology. Like Pavon the night she’d taken him to Jen’s house. As funny as she’d found his fear that night she didn’t want the film night ruined. Although she wouldn’t be around for any that would come after she’d be happy if she heard later that it was a repeated.

Maz pouted. Moving away from superhero movies did not sound good to her but she’d seen the problems as they’d discussed the different ones. That genre probably wasn’t the best to begin with. Though she was at a complete loss now as to what genre they should go with.

She nodded again in agreement. “Problem is though, we’ll be wanting to find the one they can nitpick least.”

“I love it!” Maz grinned. “But then am a bit biased cause ah love Connery. He was a master! Watch his Bond films a lot with Jen’s pal.” It was Clyde she spoke of, she’d only been able to make him watch Bond, war films and once had successfully dragged him into a Disney day. “Jen disnae rate it much though - says it’s too over the top and unbelievable. This fae the woman who got me into superhero movies in the first place.”

“Aye.” she answered. “Though that just makes me think of space films which in turn makes me wish they’d hurry up and make a canon Doctor Who movie. That’d be great tae watch. How could anyone nitpick aboot a regenerating alien travelling through time in his box?” She looked at him and shook her head as she answered her own question, “They could not.”

“Ah know! It’s so booooring!” Though the truth was Maz didn’t mind that time after exams while she was still at school. It was the time when she got to be with her friends without worrying about classes or homework that was due. “Really, all you professor’s should have realised how dull it is by now and done something years ago.”

Alex Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Alex Morrigan
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 02:48 PM

It was still too early for her to be learning that sort of lesson – at least in Alex’s mind. However, he had to admit that she was right. Learning those lessons was important and it was probably better for her to start getting practice with it while she was young. He found himself wondering if he’d have been in the same situation he was if he’d taken the time to teach those hard lessons to his children. Somehow, he doubted it. Too much time spent sheltering them, and now with the first challenge they’d both fallen apart.

The relationship between Maz and Jen actually reminded him more than a little of his own with his father. However, it rather seemed that she and her Aunt were at least sort of on speaking terms. He really couldn’t say the same for Richard and him. Normally, that comparison would have brought a smile to his face. At the moment, however, all he managed was a brief shake of his head, “I’m sure that will be worth seeing. I hope you get the chance.”

The decision of what movie to show was far more difficult than he would have expected when it was just a theory they’d been discussing. Now that there was actual planning to be done, it all became a lot more difficult. Somehow, he doubted that there was going to be a movie that they could put on that the Purebloods that wanted to wouldn’t nitpick to death.

Her enthusiasm for League of Extraordinary Gentlemen brought a smile to his face. Everything that he’d heard said it was terrible. The mention of a Doctor Who movie made him laugh and he agreed, “That would be great. It’s a shame that you’re not going to be here next year. Now that we’ve got this sort of stuff working here, Professor Hart says he’s going to be doing a section on it and showing some of the classic episodes in class.”

“We could always go with a Bond movie – there are a lot of good ones out there and it’s got enough tech to be interesting without being overwhelming?”

“In our defense,” he offered with a shake of his head, “there weren’t really a ton of options of entertainment until just recently. Do you think that it would have been as much fun if the Professors had pulled everyone together for chess? Or would you have preferred to be left to your own devices with your friends?”

Maz Cowan

--------------------

=Art by G=

All Characters:

OWL
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Mar 30 2018, 09:59 AM

Maz watched the professor as he mulled over what she’d said but the only read she was getting on him was sad. Par for the course lately except of course for when he was angry. To her that seemed to be the extent of his emotional range for the past months. Kind of sad she thought to be stuck with just those two. Actually now she thought of it, in the time they’d been talking she’d seen him smile a lot more than he did of late… she had been beginning to think his smiling muscles were broken, a train of thought shared by others she’d spoken to.

“Ah do and ah do not.” For while she’d enjoyed winding the old woman up the Lady Selwyn wasn’t a person Maz wanted to spend any time with. She knew she’d have to, it was inevitable in their world unless she went and took the muggle side of the argument. Which she wouldn’t do, no matter how much she wanted the woman off her back and out of her life.

“What?” Maz just managed to hold onto the act she was playing. “Seriously? Well that just sucks!” She pouted again. This was most unfair. She’d have loved to get to watch Doctor Who in class. It would even have been enough to get her to take Muggle Studies without a fuss. “Ah’ll just have tae sneak back in or something… or you know, watch it at Jen’s when ah’ve got a chance.” She shrugged as she smiled.

“Bond’s fine with me.” Of course it was. James Bond was one of the coolest fictional guys in Maz’s opinion. “Though, maybe you should ask the other professors? If they want tae be involved they might have an idea we’ve not.” Also, Maz could name films all night if she was allowed. She watched a lot of movies.

The girl smiled. “Aye, right you are, Sir.” She’d probably have started a riot if anyone had tried to drag her into playing chess. Though she did feel there were other activities the teachers could have set up she wouldn’t say. Leaving her to her own devices was obviously preferable to her, though it often meant work for the professors.

“Ah reckon we should think on it, Sir. Cause no eh be rude or anything but ah’ve stuff still tae dae an’ we’re gettin’ nowhere with a concrete decision. You ask the professors and ah’ll ask some students.” It was true that she had stuff to do. She had a Head Boy to meet up with after he was done with the Headmaster and then they had Prefects to see. She could also be doing with squeezing some studying time in somewhere. “That cool with you?”

Alex Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Alex Morrigan
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 03:27 PM

The pout wasn’t quite the reaction that he’d expected out of her. Normally, she was much more expressive, but it was what it was. A low chuckle rumbled from him and he nodded, “I would think it would be much easier to watch at your Aunt’s house than to sneak back in here and watch it during class. Besides which – you’ll be an adult; in theory you could get your own place and watch any time you wanted.”

Starting with James Bond seemed like a viable decision and they both seemed to be pretty much on the same page about it. Now, he just had to run back to the house during the next Hogsmeade Weekend and pick up some of the movies. Better to have it on hand early than need to rush about trying to arrange to get the movie later on.

His memory of his own time at school assured him he was right about that. There’d been far, far more that he’d been interested in doing when he’d been at school than taking part in whatever the Professors at the time had thought would be fun. It was one of the biggest problems with the magical world as he saw it – the government and authority figures were sometimes three or four generations removed from the youth. It was almost impossible for them to be in touch at that point.

“I’m sure you do,” he conceded with nod.

“That sounds like a plan. If you have any other ideas feel free to share –we can meet up again next week to discuss what recommendations we’ve picked up from the others,” he said as he rose and escorted her out of his classroom. They both had responsibilities to keep up with.

*End Scene*

--------------------

=Art by G=

All Characters:

OWL
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Charms Classroom | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Complete
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse