Cryptic Conjuring -> False Hopes
It is May 2077.
High temps reach 14°C while the lows stay nice at 7°C. Day begins at 5.30am and ends with sunset at 9pm. Rain is an almost constant with dry days being mostly clouded over.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
House Points
G
H

R
S
Board Stats
M F
Adults 19 12
University 3 1
Hogwarts 14 12

Hogwarts
First Years 0
Second Years 1
Third Years 1
Fourth Years 5
Fifth Years 4
Sixth Years 11
Seventh Years 4

Hogwarts Houses
Gryffindors 7
Hufflepuffs 6
Ravenclaws 5
Slytherins 8

University
First Years 2
Second Years 2
Third Years 0
Fourth Years 0

Blood Status
Purebloods 22
Halfbloods 20
Muggleborns 12
Unknown 2
Squibs 1
Vampires 1
Veelas 4
Fey 1
Werewolves 0
Changeling 0
Social Media

Tumblr

Rating

Click for Explanation
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Add Reply
New Poll

False Hopes, Apollymi/Tim
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Feb 21 2018, 04:13 PM

Tim wasn’t paying any attention to where he was going as he made his way through the halls back toward the Slytherin Common Room. The day had started out oddly, and gotten progressively worse as it had gone on. Until now, when he desperately wanted to go to bed and when he woke up the entire thing would have just never happened.

It was the first morning that he could remember that Amber hadn’t been waiting for him to go to breakfast. His first thought was that she’d run into someone else and had gone on ahead, but she wasn’t there either and he’d begun to worry. When she didn’t appear in any of their classes, that worry had morphed into out and out panic. After classes had ended, he’d rushed off to the hospital wing but she wasn’t there either.

With no better idea, he’d turned to make his way back to his Head of House’s office; hoping to get some sort of an answer about what was going on. Instead, he’d run into his father – and in a moment of insanity he’d asked the man about his missing friend. He still could see the look of almost glee in the older man’s face as he told him that Amber had arranged with the Headmistress to take her exams early and depart the school.

Suddenly, all he could see was the anger on her face as she’d all but thrown his engagement ring back at him. It had all just been a big misunderstanding and he had been certain they’d be able to work their way through it. Rather, they would be able to if she were still around to have that conversation. His father offered some bullshit offers of condolences and tried to seem like he cared but Tim just glared and stalked away; running his finger along the matching ring which he still wore.

By the time he made it back to the common room, he was almost sick with worry about the way this situation was going to play out. His eyes darted around the room and settled on a younger girl that was sitting in one of the chairs and made his way over to her. With a weak smile he said, “Hi! You’re Apollymi, right? Could you do me a really big favor?”

“Could you go up to the 7th year girl’s dorms and see if Amber Elison is up there?”

He knew it was extremely unlikely – as much as he hated his father, the man had no reason to lie about this, but Tim couldn’t give up hope just yet.

Apollymi Rowle

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Apollymi Rowle
 Posted: Feb 21 2018, 07:07 PM

Apollymi wandered through the halls with a sense of sorrow lingering over her head. Learning of her aunt's divorce over the Christmas holiday, having to retake her Herbology test yet again, and as per usual; being provoked by a certain someone and his friends, was all getting too much for her to deal with.

As she entered the Slytherin common room, she realised that there was hardly anyone there. She walked over to a high carved chair, laid her robes on the inside and slowly sunk herself down. All she required at this moment in time was to isolate herself from the rest of the world, and to be left alone with her thoughts for a few good minutes. That wasn't too much to ask for. Staring blankly at the carved mantlepiece by the fireplace, she began to count down the days until she would be home for the summer.

At the sound of her name being mentioned, Apollymi suddenly looked up to see the house prefect coming towards her. Oh for Merlin's sake, what does he want? As he began to approach her, Apollymi decided to stay put hoping to make a statement that she would not be moving whatsoever.

A heavy sigh left her lips as Apollymi slightly tilted her head and observed his face rather curiously.

"Erm…why? ….And why are you asking me?" She replied with an awkward yet irritated tone.

Timothy Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks G for the art
OWLHowler
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 04:04 PM

It wasn’t as if Tim usually expected people just to jump to when he’d asked them to do something, however, that didn’t mean he still wasn’t at least a little bit surprised when they didn’t. Not so much because of his name and the power that came with it; but because he liked to think that he didn’t generally ask for things unless he couldn’t do them. When that happened, he did his best to make sure that the request was as minimally invasive as possible.

For just a moment, he froze as he tried to formulate a response and then his eyes darted around the room to confirm his suspicion. A small grin flashed across his face and he shrugged, “Because I haven’t seen her today and I was hoping to put my concern to rest.”

“As for why I’m asking you,” he chuckled and gestured to indicate the room, “you’re the only girl in here right now and – despite my best efforts – it never really seems to work out for me to try to enter the girls’ dorms myself.”

“I would consider it a favor, and I would owe you one if you would be willing to help me with this. If she’s not there… If she’s not there could you please check and see if her trunk or any of her belongings are still there?”

It was more than he wanted to have to explain, but he realized he would have had to do so anyway. Knowing that she wasn’t up there wasn’t actually going to do him any good if he didn’t know if her belongings were still there. After all, it was still possible she was just hiding from him even if that possibility seemed less and less likely.

Apollymi Rowle

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Apollymi Rowle
 Posted: Feb 23 2018, 01:55 PM

With her arms securely folded, Apollymi vacantly stared at Tim for a concise moment. Was she meant to feel sorry for him? Although she was aware of the situation between himself and Amber, the last thing she wanted to do was to be involved in somebody else's drama. Plus she had her own problems to be dealing with, and was in no fortunate mood to do anyone any favours.

"That's a lot to ask of a person you barely know - let alone speak to." She replied bluntly, whilst abruptly turning away from him. Reaching into her bag, she pulled out her Herbology textbook and opened it to a completely random page."Anyway, I can't. I'm busy." indicating that she was about to study.

Breathing in a sigh of frustration, Apollymi lifted the book up to her face and started to skim over words she had no particular interest in. As stubborn as she was, she was adamant in implying that she was to no longer be disturbed. Yet, in these silent moments of 'pretend reading', she felt an unexpected knot of guilt arise in the middle of her chest. Considering the fact that they both shared a common understanding of what it is like to suffer from emotional despair, was enough to make Apollymi feel slightly remorseful.

Slowly lowering her textbook down, she noticed that Tim was still there. With a more soft and gentle expression in her voice, she asked "Besides, is there no one else you can ask? You know, like one of Amber's friends or perhaps one of your female friends or something? Seeing as you're all in the same year?" cautiously gazing at him.

Timothy Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks G for the art
OWLHowler
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Feb 26 2018, 04:22 PM

The utter lack of a response wasn’t something that Tim had expected, nor was it something that he was used to. Unsure of how to reply, or what to say next, he just held his silence and waited to see what would happen next. With a questioning look, he asked, “I didn’t think it was that much to ask, it was just a quick run up the stairs and…” he cut off as she turned her back on him and dug back into her book.

“Right,” he replied tiredly, “Sorry to have bothered you then.”

Not ready to head back up to his dorm just yet, Tim made his way over to the chair by the fire but couldn’t quite bring himself to sit in it just yet. As melodramatic as it sounded – even to him – there were just too many memories tied to that chair now and he wasn’t sure what to do with them all. IN the end, he settled for leaning against the back and watching the fire – trying not to let his mind wander too much.

Apollymi’s voice caught his attention and he turned back to face her, “You’re the only girl in the common room just now – but don’t worry about it. I’m reasonably sure of what you’d find heading up there anyway.”

“I was just sort of hoping that I was wrong.”

With as close as Amber and he had been for as long as it had been, he rather felt as if he should have been able to feel her absence. The thought made him shake his head. It was the sort of thing that was in the books; things like that didn’t happen in real life.

Apollymi Rowle

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Slytherin Common Room | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse