Cryptic Conjuring -> Chitter Chatter
It is May 2077.
High temps reach 14°C while the lows stay nice at 7°C. Day begins at 5.30am and ends with sunset at 9pm. Rain is an almost constant with dry days being mostly clouded over.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
House Points
G
H

R
S
Board Stats
M F
Adults 19 12
University 3 1
Hogwarts 14 12

Hogwarts
First Years 0
Second Years 1
Third Years 1
Fourth Years 5
Fifth Years 4
Sixth Years 11
Seventh Years 4

Hogwarts Houses
Gryffindors 7
Hufflepuffs 6
Ravenclaws 5
Slytherins 8

University
First Years 2
Second Years 2
Third Years 0
Fourth Years 0

Blood Status
Purebloods 22
Halfbloods 20
Muggleborns 12
Unknown 2
Squibs 1
Vampires 1
Veelas 4
Fey 1
Werewolves 0
Changeling 0
Social Media

Tumblr

Rating

Click for Explanation
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Complete
New Poll

Chitter Chatter, Aiden / Maz
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 05:35 PM

It was a rare thing for Maz to be on the Quidditch Pitch outside of team practice and games this past year. She didn’t have much time with homework, studying and her Head Girl duties but when she found she had a chance the girl didn’t wait. She’d run to her dormitory where she grabbed her room, the she’d run all the way to the pitch.

By the time she got there she was so out of breath she had to bend over hands on her knees and gulp in air. While she could run at speed Maz was not a long distance runner and though she would push herself to get to her destination she always regretted it. “Nae. Mair. Running.” Each word was punctuated by a huge intake of the cold winter air.

After some time when her throat stopped feeling like burning ice and her lungs no longer screamed Maz straightened. She placed a hand on the outer wall of the pitch to steady herself, grasped her broom more tightly then set off along the wall, round the curve and to the door. Finding it unlocked Maz frowned. It would be just her luck that one of the precious few times she’d been able to get out here someone would have beaten her to it. Well stuff them, they’d just have to share the space cause her heart was set on flying.

Though cold it was a great night for it. No wind blew and most of the snow had gone from the ground. Rain or more snowfall looked impossible nevermind unlikely on such a clear night. When she reached the pitch proper Maz looked up only to be momentarily distracted by the sky. A clear night was always great for looking up and trying to take it all in but no, she shook her head, she was here to fly.

Her eyes swept the sky now looking for whoever had the same idea as her. She found them quickly but it was hard to tell just who it was. They were up too high and it was much too high. There was no way she was taking a chance of ending up in the air with a person who might try to knock her out of it, she put her thumb and index finger to her lips and whistled loudly twice. “Ahoy there!” she shouted being in an oddly giddy mood. “Friend or foe!” It was easy to tell who was doing the shouting, there were too few broad accented Scots in the castle. Or so Maz believed at least.

Aiden Flynn

--------------------
user posted image
-Mega thanks to Court for the set-
OWL
^
Aiden Flynn
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 04:17 PM

From his spot high above the pitch, Aiden spotted the blur that was Maz rushing from the school in his direction. The distances were still too great for him to figure out who it was, but it seemed inevitable that someone was about to interrupt his solitude. Normally, Aiden wasn’t one for the solitude, but at the moment he was just remarkably tired and a night out in the air just sounded like fun. As far as he was concerned, the end of the year couldn’t come soon enough – except that it was going to bring OWLs with it.

The frustration about being interrupted melted away as he recognized Maz as the person slipping through the door and out onto Pitch. If someone was going to insist on intruding with his solitude, it may as well have been a friend. He’d been meaning to talk with her anyway since the school paper had come out. The author had made it sound like he was some sort of star-crossed lover who’d been spurned by her and he hadn’t been able to stop laughing about it.

Then came the whistles and the challenge. A grin spread across his face as he drew his wand before calling out pompously, “Tis I! Your spurned lover! Must you also intrude on my morose solitude in addition to breaking my heart?”

"I dare say that I'm an eternal foe!" he finished, barely restraining his laughter.

Maz Cowan

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 09:26 PM

Already laughing before he had even finished his response Maz mounted her broom and kicked off from the ground. She sped up in a near straight line before levelling out and flying across to meet Aiden.

“Spurned wur ye? Never spurned a guy before… whit’s that like?” She asked in joking tones.

At first when Maz had read the newsletter she hadn’t even noticed she’d been mentioned. Rather than picking it up and reading it because she had wanted to it had been thrust at her and the paragraph concerning her aunt pointed out. After that, up until the point everything had been cleared up Maz had not even seen the rest of it. It had been later that day, back in the common room that she’d read the rest. A good laugh had been had as those in her year had a little back and forth about what a horrible person she was.

She hadn’t really thought about Aiden. Maz always assumed that if someone had issue with her then she’d be approached by them. She assumed that until the person showed otherwise. It was good to find Aiden seemed totally unconcerned.

“Ye know if yer tryin’ eh git over somebody yer supposed tae fire darts intae a picture eh their heid… or get way someone that either looks like them or is better looking than them.” She smirked. “Ah know they two are impossible. Naebody looks like me an’ obviously they dinnae look better.”

“Hid much stick aboot it?” She asked wondering if his friends had been teasing him about it. She’d think less of them if they hadn’t unknown faces that they were.

Aiden Flynn

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Aiden Flynn
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 02:39 PM

His intention of using his wand to launch snowballs at her evaporated as she mounted her broom and rose to meet him. Aiden stowed his own wand again and laughed at her opening question, “As or what it’s like to spurn a guy, I have no idea – you’ll have to answer that one.”

“When it comes to being spurned…” his hand came up to rest his palm on his forehead and he did his best to look as though he was going to collapse and fall from his broom, “it’s terrible, I have no idea how I’m going to cope. I feel like I’m going to die of a broken heart any second…”

Like Maz, Aiden hadn’t paid any attention to the paper when it had come out. There had been some rumblings but he’d never really cared about the rumors that made their way around the school. More often than not, they were stupid and he didn’t see any reason that this paper would be different; being made up of anonymous writings – ostensibly by anyone that wanted to submit them. It wasn’t until his friends had really started to run him down about Maz that he’d caved and read the stupid thing.

“Ah,” he replied thoughtfully, “I’ve never been through this before so I wasn’t sure what the protocol was. I’ll have to remember that for next time. Do you know where I can go to get a little doll like that? It sounds really specialized…”

Aiden snorted with laughter before nodding in agreement, “You’re right, nobody as good looking or as humble.”

“Oh my god, they’re relentless,” he whined playfully.

“If I didn’t know better, I’d think you were the one that put that rumor in just to cause me this shit. Which would have been fair, because if I’d have thought of it in advance I’d have totally put in something similar.”

Maz Cowan

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 09:35 PM

“Nae clue, mate. Wisnae aware ah wiz doin’ it. Ah’ll start takin’ notes fae noo, lit ye know mah findin’s.” She joked as she relaxed on the broom, at least as much as a person could relax on a broom. Mostly in consisted of taking your hands off the handle and keeping yourself in place with your thighs.

Maz looked down. “Well dinnae go dain’ it here. It’s an awfy fall, ye’d make a hell eh a mess. Some poor fucker’s tae clean that up.”

The girl grinned at the thought. “Jen’ll probably hae a wee Maz doll she sticks pins in.”

Maz half bowed as he agreed with her claims and professed her humbleness, she used her arms to jazz it up a bit - one across her front and the other stretched out behind her. She had the utmost confidence in the air and rarely worried about falling.

She laughed. “Mah pals anaw. Apparently am a wicked, evil, cradle-snatching witch. Am ‘hinkin’ aboot growin’ a wart oan mah nose.” She touched a finger to it. There had been a lot of jokes about Aiden’s age and Maz hadn’t just settled for laughing at them, she’d made some up at her own expense too. It didn’t bother her, it was only a snog and not even a long one at that. She’d just been being nice.

“No mah style but if ye want ye can go ahead… whitever mends yer poor wee heart.” She was mockingly sympathetic.

“Ah mean this oan tap eh the fact yer gaunae be single a long time.” Maz smirked, she had actually thought that quite a good dig, well-placed. “How’s that grab ye then?”

Aiden Flynn

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Aiden Flynn
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 03:12 PM

“While that might be interesting for you to know exactly what happened and how this all went down,” he replied teasingly, “I don’t know that I need a play by play of how I was left broken hearted and forever alone.”

So you can go right ahead and keep any discoveries you make to yourself,” he finished, sticking his tongue out at her.

“That’s true, that wouldn’t be fair at all,” he agreed with a laugh as he looked down at the pitch below them. Like every time, he felt a shiver trail up his spine as he actually registered the distance he was from the ground. The heights didn’t make him freeze up the way they had when he was young but they did still send his heart racing.

“I hadn’t thought about your Aunt… I’m sure she’ already got a couple prepared and ready to go, I’d bet she’d be willing to lend me one…”

Aiden nodded certainly before grinning teasingly, “Well, that’s all very true and I think that a wart would suit you just fine; you are clearly the wicked temptress that seduced me into asking you to the ball. Thank you for going with me, by the way, that was a blast.”

He couldn’t help but snort at her feigned offer of sympathy, “I’ll come up with something, never you fear.”

“I think that, ‘a long time,’ might be overselling it just a little bit. There are a lot of people here at the school – I’m sure I’ll find someone else to spend some time with. I’m fifteen – it’s not like I’m looking for anything long term.”

Maz Cowan

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 08:42 PM

“Got ye… ah’ll jist publish a book aw aboot it. Maybe a How-To.” Maz smirked. “Ah’ll sort ye oot some royalties but.”

“Auld Leather Face.” she said meaning her aunt. “She’s probably up in her cramped room noo stickin’ wee pins in a Maz doll.” Maz mock scowled. “Guarantee she made it ugly. Oot eh pure spite tae”

Maz chuckled at his remark about the wart. “Nae bother. Ah hid fun, wiz a good night.” Which was why he’d deserved the snog. Put in the effort, get a reward.

“Aw well that’s it, noo you’re the wan breakin’ mah heart. How’d you know ah wiznae hinkin’ we’d date, git married an’ huv a cute wee sprog?” She let her grin turn wicked. “Ah’d huv tae eat it mind but, until the point it wiz fattened up enough it’d be an awfy adorable wee ‘hing.”

“Whit wur ye up tae anyway?” As she asked she looked around the pitch to see if there was any clue. “Jist flyin’ aboot or…” She didn’t really know what else he would do. If she had been here alone there would most definitely have been a Bludger in the air, maybe some targets too.

Aiden Flynn

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Aiden Flynn
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 12:58 PM

“Okay,” he conceded with a laugh, “I could be on board for that as long as I got a cut of the royalties. If I’m going to have to suffer through having my heart broken, I might as well profit from it somehow.”

Again, a surprised laugh burst from him. He knew she didn’t get along with her aunt, but it still amused him to see evidence of just how far that animosity went. Once again, he was struck by just how many of the people he attended school came with came from broken homes or some other form of tragedy, and he was beyond grateful for the remarkably normal life that he’d come from. With a grin in the face of her scowl, he offered, “Most likely – but at least she’ll have one. Even if it probably won’t be that effective if it’s not actually made as a match.”

Aiden grinned, but let the topic drop. It had been a good night, but he truly hadn’t expected anything more out of it. Honestly, he just considered it a massive victory that he hadn’t done anything to mess up their friendship. However, with as laid back as they both were, that hadn’t seemed overly likely.

She had a habit of surprising him, and she seemed to be great at it.

“With as pretty as we both are, I don’t think that you would have been able to bring yourself to eat any offspring we produced,” he teased with a grin, “when you’re dealing with something of such sublime beauty, there would have to be some sort of magical defense to being eaten.”

“Nothing really.”

“A fair bit of our team is graduating this year so I was thinking I might try out for next year. Heights still bother me a bit though, so I’ve been trying to get out here and just try to acclimate myself a bit. I wouldn’t be a very helpful team member if I spent every game with a death grip on my broom and just floating gently across the sky while screaming bloody murder,” he finished with a smile.

Maz Cowan

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 04:57 PM

“That’s the game!” Maz told Aiden while laughing.

Maz laughed along with him. “That’s whit makes it funnier. She’s up there aw-” Here she mimed someone sticking pins in a doll and when she spoke she did so in a near perfect impersonation of her aunt. “This is for letting your cat pish my shoes! This for apparating me to strange places and leaving me there! This for drinking that hundred pounds bottle of whisky. [i]Stab! Stab! Stabbity stabby!” He miming got more vicious as she finished then she was laughing again. It was funny to think of Jen getting revenge through voodoo magic.

“Pretty ur ye?” Maz asked coyly. “A pretty wee boy fur the pretty wee lassies.” She had her teasing grin in place. “But ah dinnae know… ah’ve a feelin’ that’s it’s some’hin’ inside wicked witches makes it they cannae help eating fattened up kiddies. Why else wid they dae it? Ah’ve licked me - we don’t taste that nice.”

With a pointed glance at his hands and a nod Maz said, “Aye, ah’ve noticed the death-like glare ye’ve goat gaun oan there.” A grip totally at odds with her own hands that barely held the broom as she used them to gesticulate or mime the stabbing of voodoo dolls.

“See it’s lucky fur us born in this hidden world. Ah goat my furst broom no long efter ah could walk. Cannae remember no huvin’ wan.” Strangely enough her broomstick had been one of the few things Jen hadn’t confiscated from Maz over the years.

“There’s spells ye kin learn eh make yersel feel mair confident. The wan that softens the ground, or ye kin learn how eh levitate yersel or slow doon a fall. Of course ye kin always train yer broom eh come oan command but that widnae help if it goat broke or some’hin’. Loads ye kin try.” Although she had never been a nervous flyer Maz did see the sense in taking precautions which was why she’d learned the spells, built a strong bond with her broomstick and always, always hand her wand with her easily gotten if needed.

Aiden Flynn

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Aiden Flynn
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 02:55 PM

Any lingering tension from the article, as there hadn’t been any from the Ball, melted away in the laughter that followed her impression of Professor Cowan. It was just as ridiculous as he’d have expected from her, and all he felt from it was a little bit of jealousy about her comfort on the broom. With a grin he teased her, “You drank a hundred pound bottle of whiskey? Ok, I think that I can understand her anger after that…”

“Damn right I’m pretty,” he confirmed with a chuckle.

Then an amused look flashed across his face and he asked for clarification, “You’ve licked you? That sounds like a deeply impressive talent… If you could teach others how to do that, you’d probably be the richest person in the world… Or is that just another one of those genetic abilities of wicked witches?”

“As you pointed out earlier, it would be a long way down and a quick messy stop.”

The heights really didn’t bother him as much as they’d used to, but it still felt more comfortable to be in motion. When he was just sitting still, and hovering, it always seemed so much worse. It was really the only reason he hadn’t tried out for the team before, and he still wasn’t sure that he was going to next year. It was just something that he’d been considering.

“That would make a big difference,” he agreed.

“I suspect that it’s a lot like the people that I know that are afraid of being at sea on a boat. When I was growing up, I spent almost as much time on the water as I did on land, so it doesn’t bother me at all. The air… being in the air is still something new to me.”

Aiden didn’t really have the desire to use spells to allow himself to do things he wasn’t comfortable doing. That screamed ‘cheating’ to him and he doubted that it was a permanent fix. Forget becoming accustomed to being in the air for the team, it was something that he was going to have to get used to for Auror Academy he was sure.

As she mentioned a spell to make the ground softer he couldn’t help but laugh and say, “Why wouldn’t they just have that on the Pitch all the time? I get that sports can be dangerous, but that seems needlessly so…”

Maz Cowan

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 04:49 PM

“A hundred pound bottle eh whiskey bought way mah money when ah needed shit. Ah wiz perfectly justified in takin’ it. Middle eh summer an’ hid no wan fuckin’ pair eh shorts. Aw mah short skirts showed mah arse an’ the long wans were too warm… it wiz a really warm summer.” There were often times when what had been done to Jen was because Maz wanted revenge for some slight, real or imagined. That instance was real, Jen had gone out in the morning promising to bring the girl suitable summer wear but had returned with the whiskey (a present for a boyfriend) and treats for herself, all Maz had gotten was a pair of socks. Socks she didn’t even need.

Maz scowled playfully. “Ye’ve a gutter mind, Flynn.” Instead of answering his query with words Maz pulled up her sleeve and licked along her arm. “Licked me. Ah wiz a strange child… anyway, disnae taste that nice. Hint eh strawberries but ah reckon that’s jist cause am smellin’ mah soap.” She pulled the sleeve back, patting along it to dry her recovered arm.

She nodded her agreement to his point about being used to boats. “Aye, yer introduced tae it young an’ yer fine - wee kids huvnae any common sense so there’s hardly any fear there. Am the same way animals. Niffler or dragon am pettin’ it.” She joked though if she ever did encounter a dragon she probably would want to pet it.

“Same reason they let us play the sport?” Maz shrugged. “Fur a laugh.” It was the reasoning she put behind much in life, an awful lot of what she done was for a laugh.

“Ah mean there’s a squid in the lake, a forest full eh shit that’ll eat ye, a mental poltergeist an’ that’s no even touching oan the fact the schools full eh stupid children armed way magical wands.” She grinned. “You just realisin’ how fucked up this school is?”

Aiden Flynn

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Aiden Flynn
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 03:14 PM

“Bah,” he exclaimed, “if it was a hundred pound bottle of whiskey that was bought with your money, then it was your hundred pound bottle of whiskey – and she should have just kept her mouth shut. On the other hand, I can’t even imagine drinking a hundred pounds of whiskey – that would be just too much…”

While he couldn’t imagine growing up in a situation where his parents didn’t make sure that he had everything he needed, he knew many of his classmates did. It was deeply frustrating and he still wished that there could be something done about it. It was somewhat ridiculous that the Ministry just let that sort of thing slide.

Then a playful grin spread across his face and he shrugged, “Though, those sound like amazing short skirts – you should wear them more often.”

“Well, I am fifteen.”

Aiden chuckled as she rolled up her sleeve and licked her own arm. Had their rolls been reversed, it would have been exactly what he’d have done too. For some reason, that amused him greatly. The grin returned to his face as he considered picking on her that her mind was on the same wavelength as a fifteen-year-old boy, but before he had a chance the conversation had moved on.

“It’s that way in the muggle world too,” he agreed before adding, “though, less with dragons and more with big dogs… I wish it were dragons though, dragons are awesome.”

He couldn’t help but chuckle as he considered there was probably a little bit of truth to that. He couldn’t imagine a school in the muggle world letting the kids play something as dangerous as quiddtich. However, it was possible that had more to do with the lack of magical healing than anything else. It was worth a laugh sometimes to watch the teams have a go at each other.

A surprised snort escaped from Aide and he could only nod, “The longer I’m here, the more I understand why the letters home don’t really contain any useful knowledge and why Caryn’s parents don’t really tell my folks anything about their time here. I’m pretty sure my mom would stroke right out if she knew everything about this place.”

Maz Cowan

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 05:14 PM

“See eh be honest way ye, it’s much like any other bottle eh whiskey - git’s ye drunk.” Maz wasn’t much of a connoisseur. If she drank for the taste, blend and whatever else it was these people cared about then she wouldn’t just drink anything alcoholic that came to hand. She certainly wouldn’t have drank that cheap cider the muggle kids had gotten one summer. Maz took alcohol to get drunk and that was it.

“You wish!” Was her only response to his suggestion she wear the skirts. Though when she thought about it her skirts were often short enough anyway.

“Good point, well made.” She chuckled as she nodded.

“Aw man ah love dogs!” Her hands back on the handle of her broom Maz swung her legs as she spoke. “They’re jist the happiest wee ‘hings in the world. Jen never lit me git wan cause she’s allergic.” Maz scoffed, it was still most unfair that her aunt’s allergy had stood in her way and was something she couldn’t find a way past. “Furst ever Cowan eh be allergic tae an animal jist hid tae be f**kin’ Jen!”

“Aye, they know how eh play it safe.” Maz grinned. “An ah ‘hink maist parents that’ve passed through here block the wurst eh the accidents fae their mind or just dinnae ever ‘hink aboot them. It’s a rare talent that.”

“So!” After one last big swing of her legs Maz came to a stop. “Want tae wurk oan gittin’ you used tae this flyin’ carry-oan then?” She had leaned forward as she was asking but didn’t wait for an answer. Instead she pulled on on the broom handle pulling herself into the start of a loop-the-loop that circled Aiden. On the second turn, above him she stopped. Hanging upside down she shouted, “It’s the only way ye’ll make the team!” The she shot off, zooming away.

Aiden Flynn

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Aiden Flynn
 Posted: Feb 20 2018, 12:46 PM

Her reply made him laugh; he completely agreed with her, but it was still funny to hear her say it. While he wasn’t much of a drinker, it wasn’t as if he’d never had alcohol before, but he’d never been able to tell a difference between a supposedly expensive drink and a cheap brand. As long as it was able to get you drunk, he didn’t see the difference, and that just made it even more ridiculous that so many people spent so much money on ‘the good stuff.’

“It would be funny if it turned out, someday, that there really isn’t a difference and it’s just been people ripping off the snobs for generations.”

With another laugh and a wink, Aiden nodded emphatically, “I do wish!”

“I thought so too. It’s alright though; it’s really easy to overlook the obvious.”

“I think everyone loves dogs,” he replied seriously as though this was something that he’d thought about long and hard before, “and if they don’t, then maybe they need to be tested to find out if they’re really human. I firmly believe that an allergy to dogs is a sign of something fundamentally wrong with a person.”

“Apparently not that rare,” he contradicted.

“I was going to say that it’s probably something to do with the wards of the school so that people don’t stop sending their family here. But I’ve seen it in the muggle world too; willful blindness seems to be a human thing, not a magic thing.”

A grateful smile spread across his face as she took off and he wheeled his broom around and raced after her.

*End Scene*

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Quidditch Pitch | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Complete
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse