Cryptic Conjuring -> Down Time
It is July 2077.
This month brings highs of 19°C and lows of 12°C. Sunrises at 4.30am and sets at 10pm. The sun has still got it’s hat on, storms are likely and humidity is something all have to deal with.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
House Points
G
H

R
S
Board Stats
M F
Adults 21 12
University 5 3
Hogwarts 13 11

Hogwarts
First Years 0
Second Years 0
Third Years 2
Fourth Years 1
Fifth Years 5
Sixth Years 4
Seventh Years 12

Hogwarts Houses
Gryffindors 6
Hufflepuffs 6
Ravenclaws 6
Slytherins 6

University
First Years 4
Second Years 2
Third Years 2
Fourth Years 0

Blood Status
Purebloods 23
Halfbloods 21
Muggleborns 12
Unknown 2
Squibs 1
Vampires 2
Veelas 4
Fey 1
Werewolves 1
Changeling 0
Social Media

Tumblr

Rating

Click for Explanation
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Complete
New Poll

Down Time, Tag: Tim
Amber Elison
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 08:14 PM

Since it had been a weekend, Amber had convinced Tim to spend most of their down time in the Room of Requirement. She’d felt that it had been way too long since they’d had time to spend just with each other. Even their time at the Caer over the holidays hadn’t been very relaxing, what with the major ball that had happened. Aber honestly couldn’t even remember half of the ball. She’d been daydreaming through most of it and only pretending to pay attention to whatever was around her.

This weekend was different though. She loved the Room of Requirement. She loved how it had everything she could want when she wanted it. That advantage had definitely made the previous night much more fun and memorable.

She’d awakened with a smile on her face, a rarity. She hadn’t really wanted to move yet, so she’d snuggled in, her smile growing when Tim held her tighter even in his sleep.

She thought about the day ahead, trying to remember if there was anything they absolutely had to do. Coming up empty, she hugged her boyfriend-turned-teddy bear. They were free. They could order meals to the Room if they wanted. And right now, that’s what she wanted.

Quietly, she called for an elf to bring breakfast before she turned to waking Tim up. She heard the pop and smelled the bacon even as she started lightly tickling his sides. She hoped that would do it and he’d wake up in a mood as playful as her own currently was.

Timothy Morrigan
OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Jan 29 2018, 09:07 PM

As usual, it wasn’t hard to get Tim to spend his time with her. With the end of the year – and with that, the end of their time at Hogwarts – racing toward them, Tim was keen to spend as much time with her as humanly possible. She kept him grounded in a way that others really didn’t, and he truly hoped that she felt the same way about him. When she’d slipped off to sleep shortly before he did, he’d been pretty sure that she felt the same way.

The feel of her pressed up against his side and snuggling in tighter roused Tim from his sleep and introduced him to the only thing about the Room of Requirement that he really wasn’t a fan. It was hard to tell time. He was too well rested for it to have been later that night so that meant it was probably morning. His arms tightened around her and he clung to her as he tried not to be concerned about whether anyone might be looking for them for not coming back the night before. He wasn’t too worried about their classmates and the elves didn’t normally get too nervous; the biggest concern was their Head of House – though, with her new position, he was hopeful that she’d be too busy for some students out of bounds.

With that decision made, he squirmed deeper into the blankets and kept his arms around Amber as he slowly drifted back to sleep for a bit. Just a bit though. What seemed like seconds later found her digging her fingers into his sides and he yelped as he startled awake – fighting to get a grip on her hands.

“Hey!”

As he squirmed away from her he found himself rapidly approaching the edge of the bed. With no desire to find himself on the cold floor, he pressed back the other way – trying to roll back on top of her to get better leverage to stop her tickling.

Amber Elison

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Jan 29 2018, 09:38 PM

Amber giggled softly and kept tickling Tim as he woke up and tried to catch her hands or block her. She wasn’t sure which. All she knew was that she must have really startled him since she’d been doing it so lightly.

“Morning,” she replied to his indignant shout.

Her giggles increased in volume as he squirmed away from her. Then it was his turn to surprise her when he rolled over on top of her. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him in for a kiss. Once the kiss was over, she smiled. “I love waking up with you.”

If there was anything better than waking up with the guy she loved, she didn’t know what it was. Even if she could only honestly admit that she’d never really known how love felt until he’d explained it to her. That was when she knew that she had felt it before. She just hadn’t been able to put a name to the feeling.

That said, she started pushing at him to get him off her. “As much as I’d love some play time, I did order breakfast for us.” She found his wand on the bedside table, thanking the stars that the Room was so complete. Handing it to him, she arranged herself to be able to eat easily. “Want to float it over?”

She didn’t bother with clothing, being completely unself-conscious around him. She enjoyed the view he was giving her and promised herself that she would take advantage of that after they ate.

Timothy Morrigan
OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Jan 30 2018, 10:20 PM

Her pleasant greeting, in the face of his righteous indignation, left him pouting. Normally he wasn’t this ticklish – but when she caught him when he was off-guard – or not fully awake – it got bad for him quickly. Tim did his best not to whine as she started to laugh at her – only to let out a victorious laugh as he turned the tables.

The mischievousness quickly faded as she wrapped her arms around his neck and he allowed himself to melt into their kiss. He lowered himself from his hands to his elbows as he deepened the kiss. It seemed to go on forever, and yet he was still disappointed when she pulled away. A smile spread back across his face at her words and he nodded.

“I’m glad you feel that way, because there isn’t anywhere else that I can think of that I’d rather wake up. So, hopefully we’ll be doing this a lot.”

A soft chuckle escaped him at her quip and he pretended to pout again, “Alright… if you’re sure…”

Tim rolled off of her and settled back into his spot on the bed, watching as she reached out to gather his wand. With another chuckle he said, “I really hope that was the room that provided this rather than the elves. Otherwise, I bet there would be a lot of questions.”

That said, he summoned the food over to them and once it was settled, he dug in. As usual, the food was delicious. On any normal weekend, he would have gorged himself, but he’d seen the look in her eyes and he had no intention of being too full after they were done. As they ate, his mind kept wandering back over their banter as she’d woken him up and he couldn’t help agreeing with it.

There really wasn’t anywhere else that he wanted to wake up. His appetite dropped off as his mind started to race.

Amber Elison

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 06:11 PM

Amber giggled at Tim’s pout. She thought he was adorable when he did that. Since it wasn’t something she saw often she’d never gotten tired of it.

Pulling out of that kiss was one of the harder things she’d done. It was nowhere near the hardest, but she still hadn’t really wanted to do it. But, first things first. “I would agree. I don’t want to wake up anywhere else either. But we do have to be careful at school. Luckily, we can do it all the time at home.” And they did. She thought it was great that his grandfather didn’t mind, if he even knew. She was sure he did know, but the man had never mentioned it, so they had no reason to have to stop. Even if they did still technically have separate rooms.

Her stomach growled right as he’d agreed. “Yes, I’m definitely sure,” she laughed.

She shook her head as he got settled. “No, the room didn’t provide it. An elf did. But you know they never ask questions. The elf didn’t even really look at me, so I’m pretty sure we’re safe. Unless they’ve been told to report things like this, but I honestly doubt it. So many people overlook the elves in that way.” It was kind of stupid, but if she hadn’t actually been mostly raised by an elf, she might not see all of their usefulness either.

She ate her breakfast, savoring the different flavors. As usual, she didn’t eat much of the greasier foods, except for bacon, and the elf that had made up the tray had apparently remembered her preferences. Once more, she felt a gratefulness to the small but important creatures.

When she was finished, she glanced over to Tim, noticing that he hadn’t eaten as much as usual. She hoped he was okay and not feeling sick. She didn’t ask though. If he was, he’d tell her. She slipped her plate back onto the tray that was still on the bed and waited patiently for him to finish, though he seemed like he’d already done so.

As she waited, she shifted closer to him, laying her head on his shoulder, just enjoying being close to him.

Timothy Morrigan
OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 09:14 PM

It was definitely true that there wasn’t much that they could do, other than be careful, while they were at school. The upside of that was that they were almost done. There were only a couple of months left before they were going to be done with school forever. He oscillated wildly from day to day between being nervous about the change in his life or looking forward to it. There wasn’t anything he could do about it either way, but that didn’t make him any less aware of it.

Amber’s quick agreement, followed by the growl of her stomach, made him laugh as well, “Then let’s not keep you waiting.”

Honestly, it wasn’t really the ‘getting found’ that worried him as much as it was the irrational embarrassment that came with the elf having come into the room and seen them while leaving the food behind. Tim always got warm while he was sleeping and had kicked off the blankets at some point during the night.

“Right,” he said with a nod, and a sigh.

“Hopefully they all have better things to worry about at the moment than what a couple of kids are up to on their free time in a weekend.”

Once she’d finished up her meal, he decided he was done with his as well. After everything was safely back on the tray, he waved his wand and levitated it back over to the desk that had been provided by the room. His arm slipped around her as she settled in against his shoulder and his fingers began to thread through her hair; gently brushing it out.

A strange sense of nervousness washed through him – it wasn’t something he was used to, and he definitely didn’t like it. Quietly, he asked, “Did you mean it? That you wanted to wake up like this all the time?”

Amber Elison

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 09:34 PM

Amber was glad that Tim had agreed to go ahead and eat. She didn’t want her stomach to try having a conversation with her while she was trying to enjoy just spending time with him.
“None of the elves have ever turned me in for anything,” she reminded him. “Maybe it’s because of the way I treat them respectfully,” she shrugged, “or maybe it’s something else. But either way, I’m not worried in the least about it. Besides, what is the worst they can do about it?” She was more than a little positive that it wasn’t an expellable offense, so who cared?

Without even thinking about it, she smiled as he put his arm around her after he’d levitated the tray of dishes back to the desk. She snuggled in more comfortably, wrapping her own arms around him and easing them both back against the pillows. She let out a quiet, content moan as his fingers started going through her hair. She absolutely loved when he did that.

She blinked at his question. “Of course I meant it. I wouldn’t have said it if I didn’t feel like it. Any day I’m able to wake up in your arms is off to a wonderful start. It’s just that, unfortunately, other people don’t tend to keep the day great.”

She moved just enough to be able to look up at him. “I know I was reluctant when we started this relationship. But that was only indirectly because of you. For one thing, I was kind of shocked that you wanted to. And then I wasn’t sure that you could be happy with just me instead of the variety you were used to. I just wasn’t sure I could keep you satisfied since I wasn’t anywhere near as experienced as you are.”

She bit her lip, glancing away from him before looking back into his eyes. If she was going to be honest, she would go all the way. “The last reason that I was afraid was that I was afraid that I’d hurt you. You’re capable of feeling so much, and you even told me so. I had never really felt anything strongly. I wasn’t sure I was even capable of it. I knew that if I couldn’t feel for you what you felt for me, you’d be hurt, and I’d never want to do that to you. But now I know that you are almost the only person I can feel strongly about. And I do. You are the only person in the world that I can honestly say that I love so much that if something happened to you, I’m honestly not sure how I would survive.”

She was extremely nervous as she spoke, and she knew he’d be able to tell. But she’d finally told him everything she felt and actually felt lighter because of it.

Timothy Morrigan
OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Feb 1 2018, 03:09 PM

To the best of his knowledge, he’d never been turned in by the elves either. Strangely, that didn’t make him feel that much better about being caught out of bounds. Still, it was too late to do anything about it now – the elf had come and gone and there weren’t any professors beating down the door. Either, they were waiting outside or the elves had kept their mouth shut. Regardless of which it was, there wasn’t anything that could be done so Tim contented himself with spending time with Amber.

“Not much probably. I doubt they’d expel us, but I’d bet that Professor MacLeod could make our lives hell for it.”

Then he grinned at her, “Totally worth it though.”

Her confirmation of her earlier words made him smile and he hugged her tightly again. Surprise, quickly followed by pleasure, shown in his eyes as she continued. He’d never really expected a declaration of undying love – or anything of the sort – but he sort of thought that this would be as close as Amber would get. At least for the time being. Her mention that she wasn’t sure that she’d be able to keep him satisfied made him grin. It wasn’t something she’d needed to worry about; if anything, it had been something that had concerned him the other way. After all, she was the one that had been spending time with the other girls, and that wasn’t something that Tim could give her.

Again, he hugged her and pressed a kiss to the top of her head before assuring her, “Nothing’s going to happen to me.”

“I feel the same way,” he continued quietly, “and I can’t think of anything else that I’d rather do than wake up like this every morning.”

There was another brief pause as he swallowed his nerves and asked, “That’s why I wanted to know, will you marry me?”

Amber Elison

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Feb 1 2018, 08:03 PM

Amber only shrugged when Tim said that MacLeod could make them miserable for the rest of the year. She honestly didn’t care what the woman said or did if they were caught. It wasn’t like their future depended on the older lady. Then again, she still had no idea what she wanted to do after school. It seemed wrong that she was expected to have her whole life planned out when she couldn’t even plan for the next week.

She did have to return his grin when he said it was totally worth it. “Oh, definitely. And, I think that after we eat, we can make it even more worth it.” Her grin had turned into more of a seductive smirk as she spoke.

Tim’s hug as she spoke gave her the courage to keep speaking. She couldn’t believe that she was actually somehow putting her feelings into words, even if they may have been clumsy. She had never been good at expressing her feelings, verbally or through her actions. She had just had a habit of never doing it and she’d never truly learned how to do it properly in a healthy way. The only issue she had was her own reluctance in overcoming the issue of speaking her feelings aloud, which was complicated by the fact that he wasn’t actually verbally responding to her. His actions had only done enough to give her the courage to keep speaking.

She hugged him back tightly and smiled as he dropped a kiss on the top of her head. “Not as long as we can prevent it,” she replied to his promise of nothing happening to him.

Her bright smile could have lit the room at midnight when he told her he felt the same way. He hadn’t said as much as she had, but he’d said enough. And she knew he was being sincere.

Just as she was about to suggest some fun time, he spoke again. As she heard what he said, she froze. She had so not expected that. Had he really just asked it? Was her mind playing tricks on her? She replayed the words in her mind. “Did you just…?”

Then she knew that he had. They had spoken many times about not wanting to settle down while they were still so young, but that had also been before they’d ever considered getting together romantically. Her feelings about that had changed as much as his seemed to. That he’d asked made her feel something that she didn’t know how to express.

With her brightest smile yet, she leaned up and gave him a long kiss. “Yes,” she whispered, before kissing him again.

She pulled back after a few minutes. “I will marry you, but only on one condition. We keep it as simple as possible.” She knew they wouldn’t get away with anything too simple considering, but she had never wanted an over-the-top society wedding, even when she was younger and most girls dreamed of the perfect wedding.

Timothy Morrigan
OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Feb 1 2018, 09:50 PM

“As if I needed any more incentive to make this meal a fast one,” Tim acknowledged with an amused smile. As the look on her face shifted, his heartrate sped up and he really was looking forward to being done with breakfast. It was important – to be sure – but there was so much else that he would rather have been doing.

Tim tipped her head up and kissed her softly on the lips, “You’re right, and as long as we’re together I don’t think there’s anything out there that could give us trouble.”

At first it didn’t seem like she’d understood what he’d asked and he was a bit concerned. Then he could see the realization wash over her as he processed just what it was that he’d said. Her unfinished question made him smile and he could only nod in confirmation. It was faster than they’d ever discussed – but it still seemed right. They’d been best friends for years and he couldn’t picture a life for himself that she wasn’t a part of. Then when they’d started dating and had become intimate it had just seemed even more right.

While there was a part of him that thought it might have been a better idea to wait, he just couldn’t hold back anymore. The smile on her face told him that he’d made the right decision.

When she agreed, he had to fight back the urge to shout, or get up and jump, or something. In the end, he simply wrapped her in his arms and kissed her deeply. After a few moments he pulled away and grinned as he said, “Hold on a second…”

He reached out and grabbed his wand from the end table before summoning the food tray back again. With a stupid grin on his face he set about casting some spells onto one of the spoons. The picture in his head wouldn’t be as perfect as an actual ring once they got out of here and could get something made – but it would do for now.

Or, at least it would have if he’d been anyone other than Tim and he hadn’t been trying to transfigure the silverware. The spoon had begun to form a circle before something had slipped and the piece of silver rapidly liquified and began to hiss as though it were eating away at the tray. With a muttered curse he dropped the set onto the ground where it disappeared with a soft pop. A rueful grin spread across his face as he said, “I guess you’ll just have to wait on any sort of a ring then…”

Again, he smiled as she set out her only stipulation. It was one he was all too happy to agree to, though he wasn’t sure that he’d be able to keep it from being over the top. She’d been in the news, and his grandfather was in the news rather a lot. It was unlikely that they’d be able to slip by unnoticed. With Drucilla Selwyn having taken an interest in the party at the Caer, he actually would have said it was impossible.

With a happy smile, he agreed, “As simple and as low key as we can manage – I promise.”

Amber Elison

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Feb 2 2018, 10:06 AM

Making the meal as fast one was exactly what Amber had hoped Tim would decide to do.

Tim tipped her head up and kissed her softly on the lips, “You’re right, and as long as we’re together I don’t think there’s anything out there that could give us trouble.”
she kissed him back...and then some.

Then the shocking question came. It m ight have taken longer than she would have liked to process what he'd just asked her and she'd feel bad later about making him wait, but it had just been so unexpected that she wasn't even sure she had heard him correctly.

For once, she hadn't even thought about what the so-called correct answer might have been. She had just reacted instinctively. She hadn't even worried that he might have just blurted it out without considering anything. It was definitely something new for her.

She very much enjoyed the kiss he gave her and made sure that she gave back as much as she was giving. She whined more than a little as he pulled away. She barely kept herself from demanding to know just why he'd stopped kissing her. She was sure she'd find out though.

She raised an eyebrow in confusion as he summoned the food tray back. Had he decided that he was still hungry? That grin didn't seem to fit his usual hungry expression. That grin was not only strange, but possibly a little scary, mostly because she had no idea what was going through his head.

And then he was trying to cast spells on a spoon? She was even more confused and she wasn't even trying to hide it.

"Um..." she began, but trailed off as his transfigurations seemed to fail spectacularly. She jumped as he melted the spoon and dropped the tray. Before she could ask, he spoke. "I don't need a ring,: she told him. Then, remembering how much he liked to spoil her, even when she told him not to, she quickly amended her previous statement. "At least, I don't need one yet. I think we should wait on that until we tell your grandfather. I want him to be the first to know. And we should tell him in person, not through an owl. If you still want me to wear a ring after he knows, then I'll be happy to wear it." The looked into space thoughtfully. "Think we can ask him to come to Hogsmeade this afternoon or tomorrow?"

With a happy smile, he agreed, “As simple and as low key as we can manage – I promise.”
"I know we won't be able to keep it to just family, I know," she told him. "I know it will probably have to be bigger than I would want." Of course, she really didn't care to have more than those who honestly had to be there: themselves, Mr. Morrigan, the person who would perform the ceremony, and maybe a couple of friends. In all honesty, who else was needed? "I just don't really want it to become some type of circus. I mean, it's not really that day that matters too much to me. What matters to me is what comes after that day, being with you."

Timothy Morrigan
OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 05:22 PM

The whine that escaped from her as he pulled away made Tim smile; but he had something stupid on his mind and he was determined to at least try to see it through. As closely as he was paying attention to his attempted transfiguration, he completely missed the confusion on her face. He did however, notice her jump as the spell failed and the project was dumped unceremoniously on the floor. With a small grin he disagreed, “You’re going to need a ring of some sort.”

“Or, even if you don’t need it, you’re at least going to get one.”

“Ah, that’s true,” he conceded as she mentioned that they should at least wait on getting a ring until they’d spoken to Richard. There wasn’t any way that Tim could see he’d complain about it, but the older man would at least want to know.

It also made some sense for his grandfather to be the first to know. There was the potential for a lot of attention to be paid to their engagement and it would be better if everyone that needed to know already knew. Her final comment surprised a laugh from him and he hugged her tightly.

“I’m definitely going to want you to wear my ring.”

“We can ask him,” Tim replied with a nod, “I’ll send him an owl later today. I’m not ready to get up just yet.”

She was right, it was deeply unlikely that they’d be able to keep it to just family. Although, they didn’t have a lot of family between them and they probably wouldn’t want most of them attending if they had the option. Though, they could happily get by with just a couple of friends. As a member of the Wizengamot, he was willing to bet that Richard could actually perform the ceremony.

“I’m pretty sure that we can prevent a circus – even if there are more people there than we want, I’m sure that we can keep things at least mostly locked down.”

The grin on his face morphed into a brilliant smile at her last words and he kissed her again before whispering, “I’m glad that you feel that way, and I’ll do my best to make sure that you always do.”

Tim happily claimed her lips again.

*Fade Scene*

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Room of Requirement | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Complete
New Poll