Cryptic Conjuring -> Whatcha Doin?
It is July 2077.
This month brings highs of 19°C and lows of 12°C. Sunrises at 4.30am and sets at 10pm. The sun has still got it’s hat on, storms are likely and humidity is something all have to deal with.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
House Points
G
H

R
S
Board Stats
M F
Adults 21 12
University 5 3
Hogwarts 13 11

Hogwarts
First Years 0
Second Years 0
Third Years 2
Fourth Years 1
Fifth Years 5
Sixth Years 4
Seventh Years 12

Hogwarts Houses
Gryffindors 6
Hufflepuffs 6
Ravenclaws 6
Slytherins 6

University
First Years 4
Second Years 2
Third Years 2
Fourth Years 0

Blood Status
Purebloods 23
Halfbloods 21
Muggleborns 12
Unknown 2
Squibs 1
Vampires 2
Veelas 4
Fey 1
Werewolves 1
Changeling 0
Social Media

Tumblr

Rating

Click for Explanation
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Complete
New Poll

Whatcha Doin?, Lottie/Tim
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Sep 28 2017, 02:28 PM

When he’d thought about his seventh year, Tim had sort of assumed that it would be a lot like his fifth year. There would be lots of work to do and the Professors would be riding them hard to make sure that they did everything they needed to do in order to be ready for their NEWTs. In actuality, he’d only been part right. It seemed like there was actually more work to be done this year than there had been during their OWL year but the Professors – for the most part – didn’t take the time to reach out and check up with the students.

For the first time he could remember, they were actually treating them mostly like adults. They were telling them what needed to be done and then leaving it up to them to figure out a way to make sure that it happened. Tim was more than pleased to find out that this was an atmosphere in which he excelled. He’d always chafed against the authority figures who told him what to do and how to do it, that then got mad if he didn’t follow their directions to a T.

Even with the extra work, and the stress of NEWTs at the end of the year, he found that he tended to have more free time than I would have expected. Granted he used a lot of it to go back over things or to work ahead, but he still found that he had a fair bit of time to himself. He’d not seen Amber since the end of classes and he was working up the energy to take a hike out to find her – the only problem with that plan was that, historically, when he did that she’d immediately show up in the common room and he’d waste hours looking for her when she was sitting in the Common Room waiting for him.

With a sigh, he decided he’d give her a little bit more time before he set out to find her – and take advantage of the comfort of his chair in the Common Room at the same time. There was only a handful of other students there – a couple of other kids studying – but he grinned as he spotted a familiar face sitting on the couch. From the back, he couldn’t tell what she was doing – she could have been studying, or reading, or even dozing off – but he recognized Lottie; it really was good to have her back at the school again.

Rounding the corner of the sofa, he plopped down on the seat next to her, “What have they got you working on?” he asked curiously.

Lottie Cane

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Lottie Cane
 Posted: Oct 3 2017, 03:07 PM

It had taken Lottie a while to get all the ingredients ready but, in the safety of her room, she had managed to finish the potion without many setbacks. She even found a few easier ways to make the potion more easier to make. It was calming to focus on potion making instead of worrying about the rather overwhelming pile of work that she was getting from her lessons. She had possibly gone a little overboard with taken the most electives she could, just because she had missed so much.

Still she was pleased with her progress and she quickly wrapped the potion up, tying it to her owls talons and sent her out with a small note. That was the last batch she would be making, the chance of getting addicted to potions was a worry and she didn't want to be the one to be facilitating that.

With her potions out of the way she made her way down to the common room, planting herself on the comfy couch and reluctantly pulling her school essays out to start working on them. She should get them out of the way before she got far too overwhelmed and didn't even want to do them anymore. She'd chosen to work on the easiest, a two foot essay on the potion they had been working on in class.

It had been an hour and she had gotten pretty far, her potions and DADA were done, she was trying to get through the transfiguration portion, which was proving difficult. She hadn't even realise that someone had come up to sit next to her until she heard the voice, lifting her head up with a pout. "Tiiiiiiiiim they made me do Transfiguration!" She whined playfully.

Timothy Morrigan

--------------------

user posted image
~Thanks G for the amazing set!~
Other Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Oct 3 2017, 03:44 PM

A grin spread across his face as he noticed the length of the essay she was working on. There were very, very few things that he legitimately believed that the muggles had done that were good ideas – notebooks were absolutely one of them. Carrying around significant lengths of parchment just seemed like a brilliant way to get your work damaged or destroyed. It wasn’t like he hadn’t done his fair share of them though, so he wasn’t about to be kicking up a fuss to make things easier on any of the others.

The pout on his friend’s face made him laugh and he could only shrug, “You should have followed in my footsteps – if you blow up enough of the things that they try to get you to transfigure, they stop expecting anything useful out of you.”

Tim was legendarily bad at Transfiguration – the Professors had tried to talk him out of even taking the NEWT level courses. The odds of him getting a passing grade on the NEWT were vanishingly small, but the spells still fascinated him so he’d persevered.

“I’d offer to help you out, but I’m probably not the one that you’d want to talk to for this particular class; Amber would be a much better option. If you’re still looking for some help when you get to Charms, then you can look me up.”

“Other than this,” he motioned to her parchment with a friendly smile, “how are you settling in here again?”

Lottie Cane

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Lottie Cane
 Posted: Oct 4 2017, 10:34 AM

Oh how tempting it was to just go around and blowing up all the things her professor tried to get her to transfigure. Honestly she just wanted to get through this class with a passable grade, even if it was just an A. Of course pushing it further would be better, but she could definitely settle for an A.

"I think that is definitely going to be an option for next year." She mused, throwing her arms up in a sign of distress. Although, despite the action, she was feeling more relaxed with her friend sitting with her. Plus she though she actually deserved a break, seeing as she had been working on the damn essays for almost a half hour.

It was disappointing to hear that Tim wasn't the best at Transfiguration, but perked up at the information about Amber. She would have to seek out the other girl and ask if she could have some help, maybe sweeten the deal with some form of alcoholic beverage.

"Unfortunately I'm actually okay with charms, however if I do need help I shall hold you to that offer." She wasn't going to turn down help when it was offered to her, especially if it was going to help her in the future. "So thank you."

Lottie glanced at the parchment, letting out a soft sigh. That was taking up most of her time, if she was honest, but she had been enjoying just being back in Hogwarts. "It's been going okay, actually. Mostly playing catch up." Her nose wrinkled in disdain before smoothing out once again.

"As for settling in. Pretty well, I have just missed being here. And my bed!" She almost had a fight on her first night when one of the Slytherin girls in her year had taken the bed she used to use. Of course she immediately snapped at the girl to move, taking back her own bed.

"How has your final year been so far? Ready to be done with school?"

Timothy Morrigan

--------------------

user posted image
Other Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Oct 4 2017, 10:52 AM

“See?” he replied teasingly, “It’ll be too late by then. Nobody is going to believe that you made it this far before you started blowing things up. You could only pull it off this year with,” and here he made air quotes, “’the NEWT level stuff was too much for me.’”

Tim grinned and shrugged, “It sounds like you’re going to be stuck having to do the work and actually be able to perform the spells,” then he ended with a wry, and slightly frustrated grin, “You know… like a sucker.”

“That’s not anything to be sorry for,” he offered with a shrug.

There wasn’t anything else to do but nod in acknowledgement of her ability with Charms. If the time came that she needed it, he’d be happy to help. His dad was still clearly frustrated with his skill in his class, and he took a great deal of pleasure in the people that came to him for help rather than going to his dad. He wasn’t even sure if his dad knew just how many people that was, but Tim didn’t really feel the need to make sure he was in the know.

“I’ll be here if you need it; well, for the rest of the year at least.”

That wasn’t a surprise, she’d been gone long enough, that even if she’d been keeping up with the required work that the Ministry put out, the Professors were likely to have her go back over some, or most, of it to make sure that she was up to their standards. It was just one of many reasons that he felt for her for having to take the time off.

He smiled as she lit up, talking about coming back. Even with the changes that Norwood was trying to institute, Hogwarts still held a place in Tim’s heart and he was going to miss parts of it. Not all of it though, and he was beyond ready to move on. With a laugh he agreed, “The beds here are pretty awesome.”

“The year has been pretty good so far – they’re trying their best to keep us busy; though, I’m sure you can see just how well that’s working.”

“Yes,” he added sincerely, “I’m ready to be done. It was great to be here, I’m glad I attended, but I’m also glad to be getting out before Norwood can do anything else crazy to the school.”

Lottie Cane

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Lottie Cane
 Posted: Oct 7 2017, 09:19 AM

Oh Merlin that was a good point. Why did Tim have to crush her dreams like that, if only she had spoken to him in her earlier years, she could have gotten away with it. Her thoughts made her grin. "Yeah you're right. At least I will be able to get a passing grade with what I'm doing. Just.. not a great passing grade." She winked.

Lottie snorted, lightly pushing at Tim's shoulder. She knew for sure that now her friend was here, the homework would be left for the backseat. It was too hard to concentrate when she was having a laugh. "Alright Alright. Bully." She grinned.

A small, slightly sad smile tugged at her lips at his following words. While she hadn't been in Hogwarts for a few years, now that she was back she was used to having both Amber and Tim around and, now that she thought about it, a lot of her friends were in the year above her. It was going to be a drastically different year next year. Hopefully it wouldn't be one that she would be too disappointed with.

"And that is something I appreciate."

She couldn't agree more with his statement, if it was possible she would take the bed back home with her. The one in her room was comfortable, no doubt about it, but something about the Hogwarts beds always made her own bed seem uncomfortable. However, that may have something to do with where the bed is, not the bed itself. "And it's nice to not just see the inside of my own room." She spoke outloud without thinking.

She snorted, knowing first hand how well the 'keep them busy' was working if Tim being here instead of somewhere like a library was any indication. Perhaps if she was a better friend she may have pushed him into doing his work, but as a more fun friends she was definitely not going to do that.

"Oh yeah. So busy. How will you cope?" She gasped in fake shock.

Her face darkened at the mention of Norwood, she was extremely disappointed that when she returned the stupid compulsory Muggle Studies lesson was still a thing. She almost didn't attend her first lesson, just to spite the Headmaster, but she didn't want to get in trouble during the first couple of weeks. She'd wait until further into the term to cause mischief. Plus the lesson was good for catching up with homework, seeing as she wasn't actually paying attention to what the teacher was saying.

"That makes me quite envious of you, actually. I am sure he will pull more stunts that will just ruin this school." A soft sigh left her lips.

"Speaking of changes, is there anything during the years I wasn't here that is interesting?" Being away meant she had missed out on any gossip that had happened during those two years, and she kind of loved knowing the ins and outs of the gossip.

Timothy Morrigan

--------------------

user posted image
Other Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Oct 7 2017, 08:27 PM

“You’ll do great, I’m sure. It just might be that you need to find a tutor if things get a bit rough,” he replied with a grin. There was no doubt in his mind that she was going to be fine, even if it seemed that she was struggling a bit at the moment. Then he laughed at the snort that escaped her and rocked as she shoved at him.

“Bully? Me?” he pretended to look hurt, “how could you say that?”

Tim believed that he was very good at reading people, and she made it extremely easy. With a small grin he shoved her back and said softly, “Hey now, no looking upset – you’ve got us with you the rest of the year; I’m sure we can help make sure that you’ve got someone nearby for next year. And, if nothing else we’ll be close by so you should see us on Hogsmeade weekends.”

While he still wasn’t sure if they were going to be attending University the next year or not, Tim knew himself and Amber enough to know that they wouldn’t be writing off their friends just because they were done with school. As the conversation continued, a shot of frustration and anger rushed through him as she mentioned how great it was to get a view of something outside of her room.

“We’re close by – once we’re back home, if you ever find yourself in need of a vacation, just reach out to us and we’ll come and get you.”

The feigned shock on her face made him laugh.

“Well,” he considered, “judging from every year before this, I’ll put off any school work until the last possible minute, and then Amber and I will freak out and study like idiots and do fine on the exams.”

He nodded about her estimation of Norwood. It was the same feeling he had about the man and he felt just a little bit bad that he was going to be leaving his friends to deal with the bastard. There just wasn’t anything that could be done about him at the moment. All he could hope at the moment was that Norwood wouldn’t add any more ridiculousness in the middle of the year again.

“I’m sure that you’ve missed a fair bit – new Professors, stupid new classes. My brother started attending school here – but you’ve met him already. Amber and I are together now… You know, lots of stuff,” he replied with a grin.

Lottie Cane

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Lottie Cane
 Posted: Oct 8 2017, 04:43 PM

"I know and I know it'll be easier in the long run if I just settled down and focused on things but there are so many different, and more importantly fun, things to be doing." She knew that sometimes she didn't really focus in lesson, often doodling on her parchment or reading up on different, more interesting spells. It wasn't entirely her fault, the lessons just weren't that fun.

"Quite easily." She replied with a grin, ignoring the hurt look.

Lottie rocked with the shove, a small smile tugging up on her face. God sometimes she was so easy to read. She hadn't meant to look so upset at her own thoughts, it was just something she wasn't used to hiding around her friends. "I'll have to hold you to those promises." She threatened playfully, wagging her finger at him. The meetings during Hogsmeade sounded rather nice, if she was honest. It would be a good place to meet up and keep in touch, bar sending owls.

Lottie was touched at the offer of a place to stay if she needed a vacation, reaching out to place a hand on his arm. "Thank you Tim." She spoke softly, pulling back and flashing a more excited smile. "And we should meet up even if the vacation isn't needed, just to see what trouble all of us could get into!"

"Tim!" She gasped, sounded scandalous. It did sound like something the other would do but she was confident that despite the lack of studying beforehand, both her friends would do well in their exams. "This is why you are not a Ravenclaw." She teased.

Most of the things he told her she already knew, she had had some classes with the new professors and they seemed to know what they were talking about. At least they weren't as strict as some of the professors she knew about when she was here previously.

"Speaking of brothers, how is your brother?" She had been supplying Trystan with the potions, like she had promised, but hadn't actually gotten around to speaking with him again. She was actually rather fond of the kid, probably because she somewhat knew what it was like to loose someone. Though in her case, she was lucky as her mum hadn't been taken away.

"As for all the rest of the stuff I've missed, I'll just need to keep my ear out. A lot of the girls in my year are major gossips. Hopefully I'll pick everything up." She grinned. She was looking forward to catching up on everything she had missed, it was fun finding out new and exciting things.

"What are you supposed to be doing, by the way?" She asked, narrowing her eyes. "Are you using me as a distraction so you don't have to do homework?" She gasped. "Or worse. Distracting me so I don't do homework."

Timothy Morrigan

--------------------

user posted image
Other Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Oct 9 2017, 05:59 PM

“Exactly,” Tim agreed with a grin, “and don’t forget it. The work is important, but it doesn’t make the social things any less important. It’s easy to try and block everything out and focus just on the school work but I promise you that’s not worth it.”

As expected, she completely ignored his pout and he it morphed into a grin.

“I always keep my word,” he replied sincerely.

“Just make sure you catch up with Amber too. She was concerned when you got pulled out and I think she’s still a little hurt about the whole thing,” he looked thoughtful, “maybe hurt isn’t the right word, but it bothered her. You meant a lot to her, and then you were just gone.”

Tim offered her a sincere smile, hoping to reduce any sting to his words, “We’re very, very glad that you’re back though.”

Then they were on to other topics and he nodded in agreement. There was no reason to wait until she needed an escape or a rescue, they were perfectly able to get together more often than that – they were close enough that it really shouldn’t be a problem. A snort escaped him though and he grinned, “Oh so much trouble… that does sound like fun…”

“One of many reasons I’m sure.”

When he’d left for Hogwarts, he’d been pretty sure that he was destined for the Raven’s Tower. Still, he was more than pleased to have gone to Slytherin with Amber; following in his grandfather’s footsteps. He wasn’t convinced that he’d have lasted nearly as long as he had if he’d been under Professor Gray’s watchful eye for his entire school career.

“I have no idea,” he replied softly, a tinge of frustration in his voice.

“I’m sure that my father and Blythe are after him to keep an eye on him; I don’t want to hound him. But, I’m sure that he knows I’m here if he ever wants to talk. It sort of seems like he’s avoiding me now; I think he still blames me for not doing anything to help ou… his mother.”

“If you listen to them, I’m sure you’ll learn more than you ever wanted to,” he agreed with a laugh.

“I have a deeply important mission just now,” he teased, “and you’ve nailed it completely. My goal is to hopelessly distract you from whatever you were trying to work on…”

Lottie Cane

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Lottie Cane
 Posted: Oct 21 2017, 06:42 AM

Oh she certainly knew that the social things were just as important, she was often craving more social interactions than she normally would. It wasn't that she used to hate talking to people but she had preferred the company of herself and the select friends but now, now she enjoyed any chance at meeting up with people. "I know. Plus it would be a boring way to go through life."

"Always?" Lottie peered at him, she believed him wholeheartedly and it was rare to fully trust someone at their word.

At the mention of Amber, Lottie glanced away. If she was honest, and she would only be honest in her mind, she had been avoiding Amber a little bit. She hadn't meant to at first, but as the weeks past on she grew worried about reaching out to the girl. At least she knew why she was put into Slytherin, she wasn't exactly the bravest.

"I know and I will. I just.." She sighed heavily. "I'm just worried that I won't be able to make it up to her? You know?"

Lottie returned the smile, gently bumping their shoulders together. "That goes the other way too."

"Of course it does! We cause the best trouble." She snickered. When the three of them put their minds together she was sure nothing short of chaos would ensue. It was one of the reasons she enjoyed the two's company so much, they were just as up for causing mischief as she was.

Lottie grew quiet as Tim spoke about his brother, chewing the inside of her cheek. When she had last seen the other boy he really seemed like he was out to avoid everyone but she didn't think telling Tim would help at all. At least she had a vague idea of where he could be hiding at times so it'd be easy to 'accidently' be there at the same time so she could check on him.

"You two are brothers and you may not be as close as you could be but you are both family. When he's ready I'm sure he'll come seek you out." She spoke softly.

Lottie wrinkled her nose, there was still some things she didn't want to know. "Yeah I'm sure that boat has already sailed." She shuddered.

A startled laugh left her lips. "Well your plan worked. I have absolutely no idea what I was supposed to be doing." She spoke with a grin. "You know you are a terrible influence. Aren't you, as the older one, supposed to encourage me to do my homework?" She teased.

Timothy Morrigan

--------------------

user posted image
Other Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Oct 21 2017, 06:20 PM

“Exactly,” he chuckled, “everything would be so much more boring alone.”

Tim nodded at her question. His word was vitally important to him and he was very careful about what promises he made. The only thing that could get him to go back on his word would have been some sort of magical control – or his own death, he supposed. At the concern in her tone about reaching out to Amber he bumped her shoulder again, before adding softly, “She likes you. The only way you won’t be able to make it up to her is if you don’t try. And the longer you wait, the harder it’s going to be.”

“I’m glad to hear that,” he replied with an amused smile at her comment.

Her enthusiasm made him grin, “We really do,” he agreed. It was good to have her back again, even if she seemed to be struggling with really settling back in again. Once that had been accomplished, he was sure that everything would be good for her again. He just hoped that she’d manage to make some friends outside of Amber and himself, so that she wouldn’t be completely alone come the next year.

While he wasn’t quite as certain about Trystan’s willingness to seek him out as she was, Tim nodded and replied, “You’re probably right.”

This disgust on her face surprised a laugh out of him. It shouldn’t have surprised him at all, but the visceral reaction that she had to the memory he’d brought up was amazing.

“Do I look like a Prefect to you?”

As he spoke he moved, his motions exaggerated and extremely obvious, and pretended to hide the Prefect’s badge that was pinned to his chest.

Lottie Cane

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Lottie Cane
 Posted: Oct 24 2017, 03:39 PM

Lottie rolled with the bump, head still ducked down as her face was hidden behind her hair. She knew that it would make it worse to wait to make a move to reconcile the friendship between her and Amber but she was never the bravest person. Still she had missed these two and it was great to be friends with Tim again so it only made sense to take the plunge and reach out to Amber. "I know." She looked up, eyes shining with gratitude. "I'll do it soon, real soon." And perhaps she'd bring a bottle of firewhiskey, just to sweeten the deal and not at all for dutch courage.

Her eyes shone with amusement, she really couldn't wait to see what trouble they would be able to cause down the line. Of course she only hoped that said trouble wasn't going to get into serious trouble, like their disastrous visit to the sweet shop. At least this one wasn't directly caused by something that the trio had done, but just so happened to convene coincidently.

Lottie smiled sadly, hoping that her words rung true soon. She would have been lost without her brother during her mother's accident and she was pleased that she had someone older to turn to. She was sure the same would ring true for Trystan.

At that question Lottie gave him a look, one that clearly said 'Really?'. She couldn't even hide the smile that was tugging up on her lips, which only widened when she watched him hide the balant Prefect badge that was pinned to his chest.

"Speaking off. How did you, mister-my-charms-suck-so-don't-expect-much, become a Prefect?" She asked, clearly teasing him. She actually believed that he was a good choice in Prefect, he had a smart head and it was definitely needed during some of these crazier times around Hogwarts.

Timothy Morrigan

--------------------

user posted image
Other Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Oct 25 2017, 11:20 AM

While he had a lot of people that he was willing to talk to, Tim didn’t really have a lot of people that he would call friends and he knew that Amber was pretty much the same way. It had hurt when Lottie had taken off and he was more than willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and try to salvage their friendship; the door for her to have that opportunity with Amber was closing – if it wasn’t already closed – and that would be unfortunate. As she looked at the floor and replied that she’d reach out to the other girl he grinned and said, “Good – I look forward to hearing about how that goes.”

Spending some time over the breaks with Amber and Lottie sounded like it could have been a lot of fun. The only sticking point was going to be waiting to see just how well the girls managed to reconnect. Tim really hoped that went well – there could be so much fun had if they were all back on the same page.

It still seemed weird to him to be legitimately worried about a member of his family that wasn’t Richard. Trystan was a better kid than Tim would have believed his parents of being able to produce. He would have been more than happy to be there for the boy, but he wasn’t going to go chasing after him; if Trystan came to him he’d be there to support him and that was the best he could do.

Tim grinned at the look on her face and shrugged. Then he brushed his thumb across the Prefect badge before leaning back and draping his arm across the back of the couch again.

“No, no,” he teased, pretending to look upset.

“I’m amazing at Charms – probably the best in the school. It’s Transfiguration that I’m bad at. You can rest assured that this badge is solely from my skill with mind control as I wouldn’t have the skills to make one of my own.”

Then he chuckled and shook his head, “Actually, I have no idea how I got this. I get along surprisingly well with Professor MacLeod, but I would have expected her to pick one of the Purebloods.”

Lottie Cane

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Lottie Cane
 Posted: Nov 9 2017, 05:33 PM

Lottie offered a warm smile at that, hoping that all would go well. Honestly the two of them were as close to her best friends as possible and it'd be amazing to have their friendship back again. Of course she understood the hurt she had caused, she just wished to be given a chance to at least try and make it up. To both of them. She'd just have to pray to Salazar that everything went well, he had never let her down yet.

It was times like these where it was obvious that she had missed out on so much, for example getting to know the new head of her house. She had almost no idea who the lady was, bar classes, and wasn't too keen on not knowing what she was like. Still the professor was okay in her books, for now, especially since she taught one of Lottie's favourite subjects. And judging by her choice in Prefects, she had good taste in who deserved to be awarded.

"Apologies. My mind is still in that stupid Charms homework." She shot the work a glare before turning back to Tim only to snort at how the rest of his words went. While mind control would be an impressive power, she doubted he would actually use it to try and get to be a Prefect. What with distracting everyone from their homework.

Her look turned sour when he spoke of the professor choosing one of the Purebloods. While she had been brought up with the Pureblood customs, despite her Halfblood status, she still could appreciate other Halfbloods who were brought up correctly. "That would have been a silly choice to make since you are obviously the better choice."

"I'm sure getting along with the Head of House helped, though." She added with a cheeky smile, clearly not believing a word of what she was saying. "Get a little teacher's pet going on and you're set for the rest of the year."

After that she fell silent for a while, thinking about how close Tim was to finishing school and how it'd soon be her own turn. Heck she didn't even know what she wanted to do after Hogwarts and from past experience she knew it would soon be her own time to leave before she knew it.

"Hey Tim?" Her voice was soft, eyes gazing unfocused on a spot by the fireplace. "What are your plans for after Hogwarts?"

Timothy Morrigan

--------------------

user posted image
Other Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Nov 12 2017, 04:13 PM

“Nothing to apologize for,” he replied with a grin, “I was just picking on you.”

Their opinion was pretty much on the same page when it came to that. The magical culture – stretching back into the mists of time – was extremely important and it needed to be protected and nurtured. Too many of the new people to the magical world didn’t give two shits about it, and there were still too many purebloods that felt that nobody could understand but them. Fortunately, in his experience, there were fewer true zealots among the purebloods than among the muggles; so they were still able to be worked with.

Tim laughed at her comment though, and he shrugged before answering, “Well, you’ll never hear me disagree with something like that. It would have been pretty silly to go with anyone other than me.”

“That could be true too, though – by this point – I am not so sure that I’ll be able to pull off that ‘teacher’s pet’ thing at this point. Not that much time left.”

The sudden change of tone in her voice intrigued him a little bit so, at her question he turned and looked at her and waited to hear what was on her mind. It turned out to be something that he’d been thinking about a fair bit to and after a moment he shrugged, “I don’t really know.”

“Richard says that I will have a place in his office if I’m looking for something to do; but I really don’t know. I know that I don’t want to go to University, so I’ll probably be pretty much destined to trying to keep myself entertained or just following Amber around while she does the same.”

“They both sound like they could be fun,” he finished with a grin.

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Lottie Cane
 Posted: Dec 2 2017, 04:36 PM

Lottie gasped dramatically. "You absolute bully!"

"In my experience, though certainly lacking a few years, there is no such thing a not much time left. Sure Hogwarts couldn't be built in a day, but the foundation certainly could and it's the foundation that holds the building together." That and magic and fortunately for them, they both possessed magic. Despite the silliness of their conversation she did believe in what she was saying. It only took a solid foundation work to start something beautiful.

It surprised Lottie to learn that Tim wasn't sure as to what he was going to do when he left Hogwarts. It was something that had been on her mind for the few weeks that she had been back here, questions from her grandparents and brother causing her to consider her options. The conflicting sides coming from her family was causing a small panic within her. They had made it perfectly clear that by her age they had already chosen a path, her brother had said to just go with her heart, but it was harder to do that with the pressure from her grandparents.

Still it made her feel that much more human to know that Tim, who was nearer to leaving than she was, didn't know where his path was leading him too.

Turning to face him she listened with rapt attention, another surprise coming in the form of him saying that University was a no. The follow on, however, caused her to giggle. Of course that would be one of his options, but at least he had a place to go should he need to keep himself busy.

"They actually do sound like pretty good ideas." She agreed, gaze now focused back on the fire as a soft grin tugged onto her face. "Lukas was speaking to me about taking a year out to go travelling after school. Just the two of us, just to see if it would spark anything within me." She added. "But I don't know. It sounds fun, like really fun, but I know what I am like and if I take a year out to go travelling I won't want to go back to school, especially not university." She blew out a breath.

"I'm sure things will work out, they always do in the end. Right?"

Timothy Morrigan

--------------------

user posted image
Other Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Dec 3 2017, 03:35 PM

A playful grin crossed his face just before it was replaced by a feigned look of shocked horror. Tim’s hand came up to rest over his heart, “I’m hurt! Hurt that you’d call me a bully…”

She was right about that, the foundation was deeply important for whatever was going to be built upon it. It had to be firm, and stable. The problem was that it was generally easier to undermine a firm foundation than it was to build one. It was something they were seeing in the school right now and it was something that he had no doubt they were going to see soon enough in the larger world. He was deeply frustrated that there didn’t seem to be much that they could do about it.

“You could be right,” he agreed with a small smile, “though we’ll have to see if it holds true.”

Her giggle made him smile and he shrugged, “I think they sound amazing too, though, spending time with Amber is always a good thing; she always comes up with the best plans to keep ups busy.”

“He could be right. Taking some time to find what you’re interested in isn’t bad. Besides, University isn’t necessarily for everyone. You could easily see the world a bit and then come back and get a real apprenticeship with someone who knows what they’re doing.”

As he finished speaking, he looked up and saw Amber coming down the stairs. She had a grin on her face and motioned for her to come with him. He nodded and then turned back to Lottie, “I think that’s my signal to go. Make sure you catch up with her soon.”

And with that he stood and met Amber at the doorway to the common room and the couple disappeared about into the hallway.

*End Scene*

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Slytherin Common Room | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Complete
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse