Cryptic Conjuring -> Hogsmeade Hooligans
It is October 2076.
The days in this month begin at 7.15am and end at 7pm. Highest temperature is 12°C and the lowest 7°C. Cold and strong winds are the mainstay for this month.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Rating

Click for Explanation
Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Amber -
Global Admin

- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
Social Media

Tumblr

House Points
G
H

S
R
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Board Stats
M F NB
Adults 18 15 0
University 6 3 0
Hogwarts 8 19 0

Hogwarts
First Years 2
Second Years 1
Third Years 1
Fourth Years 4
Fifth Years 6
Sixth Years 7
Seventh Years 6

University
First Years
Second Years
Third Years
Fourth Years

Blood Status
Purebloods 24
Halfbloods 29
Muggleborns 12
Unknown 1
Squibs 1
House Elves 1
Vampires 1
Veelas 4
Werewolves 1
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Add Reply
New Poll

Hogsmeade Hooligans, Maz and Caspian
Caspian Lanchester
 Posted: Mar 23 2017, 11:54 AM
Caspian Lanchester
Group Icon
2nd Year
Broom-making
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
13-June 15

As often as Caspian spent his free time flying his brooms, it happened every once in awhile that he took a stroll through Hogsmeade. It was such a dull village in his opinion though, full of old people living very dull lives and the only times something actually happened in that place were when it got overrun by the kids from Hogwarts making the most of their weekend visits. It was certainly more eventful than the dreary mundanity of any other weekday in the village, but it could get a bit mad with all the kids running amok.
Caspian was pretty glad therefore that it wasn’t a Hogsmeade weekend because he was actually out on a mission and he didn’t feel like having to jostle his way through mobs of kids on sugar rushes. The thing was, his cousin had apparently had her Hogsmeade privileges revoked because the teachers were, as she had so eloquently put it, “stupid” and she had asked him to pick up some sweets from Honeydukes for her. Being the top bloke that he is, Caspian loved running errands for damsels in distress, particularly when he couldn’t get a good fuck out of it.

Yeah, no.

But he was feeling pretty generous and besides, he kind of liked his little cousin so he didn’t mind doing her that favour even if there was nothing in it for him.

Strolling down one of the more crowded alleys he spotted Maz, or rather the back of her. But he recognised her all the same, more specifically by that first-class shaped arse of hers. For a very brief moment though, it struck him as odd to find here there but then again he certain wouldn’t put it past her to bend the rules a little.
Smirking to himself he moved her way and when he was close enough he snuck up behind her to deliver a proper slap on one of her buttocks. He then jumping back to remove himself from the scene of crime.

“Sir!” Caspian exclaimed, drawing a sharp intake of breath with exaggerated shock, “My golly, you should be ashamed of yourself.”

“Pardon?” A ministry-looking sort of fellow just passing by, dressed in black pinstriped robes and a bowler hat, a brolly in one hand and a copy of the daily prophet tucked under his other arm, looking just as drab as his life probably was, shot Caspian a puzzled look.

“Oh, it isn’t my pardon you ought to beg, sir. It’s this young lady’s right here.”

Still looking utterly confounded, the man simply glared between Maz and Caspian with an arched eyebrow, then snorted nonchalantly as he turned and left.

“Yes, you go think of what you’ve done!” Caspian called after the man as he left before turning to Maz with an incredulous look on his face, “What a perv.”

Maz Cowan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Mar 23 2017, 06:25 PM
Maz Cowan
Group Icon
7th year
Head Girl
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Neutral
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
5-September 14

It hadn't taken all that much for Maz to convince the now cowed Jen to talk to the Headmaster about Maz needing to leave the castle before the next visit to the village. Though Maz was highly suspicious of the change in her aunt she wouldn't fail to take some advantage of it and she really had needed to be in the village. Her revenge plan was in motion, the pieces just beginning to come together. Maz had things she simply had to do, people she just had to see.

Her morning had passed quickly what with meeting Tobias her lawyer and then bumping into Parker. A productive morning she supposed one would call it but there was such a far way still to go. Not being the most patient person in the world it was taking almost every ounce of Maz's willpower to not just lash out and use violence - her usual go to tool. It was harder still as she stood in the crowded alley looking into the envelope in her hand. She had proof of the whodunnit, enough to point fingers but she'd made a threat, a very public threat. She couldn't go around not carrying through with her threats - they'd be useless if she did that.

The slap to the arse made Maz jump and shove the envelope she'd been peering into deep inside her backpack before turning with a full-on death glare ready. Though as she quickly took in the scene she had to fight hard to keep the glare there as the urge to laugh filled her. Knowing exactly what had happened but being game for a laugh meant Maz scowled at the man as Caspian scolded. The girl arched a perfect brow back at the man before he scurried off.

Turning to Caspian she shook her head, "Whit a life eh? Attacked by some muggleborns, left tae waste away in a hospital bed an' then," The girl raised her voice to shout after the man. "then felt up by some perv withoot even a by yir leave!" Smirking Maz turned back to Caspian and added. "Ah really should punch the perv wot done it. Right in the nuts."

"Ah ken yir wife Rosemary!" Her shout followed the man once more as Maz felt Caspian hadn't gone quite far enough. The man turned his face now chalk white and his eyes wide when they fell on the girl and recognition set in. The girl hadn't been lying, she knew his wife well. She worked quite high up in the Cowan family business.

Laughing now Maz turned once more to Caspian as she lowered her voice and leaned towards him, "Five Galleons says he'll huv a nervous breakdoon within the week." They were all stressed weren't they? The Ministry workers always did look somewhat haggard and close to the edge. Speaking normally now she hit Caspian a slight slap to the upper arm, "Yi dae realise denim doesnae cushion the blow, right?" She spoke of the tight jeans she was wearing but smiled showing no harm had been done or offence taken. Really she should properly hit him but he got a pass, she liked the guy and even though there were gaps in the drunken night Maz knew they'd had a laugh. She always needed people around she could have a laugh with to keep the world from getting too serious.

Caspian Lanchester

--------------------
user posted image
-Mega thanks to Court for the set-
OWL
^
Caspian Lanchester
 Posted: Mar 25 2017, 01:52 PM
Caspian Lanchester
Group Icon
2nd Year
Broom-making
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
13-June 15

Seeing Maz’s death glare, Caspian was glad he’d blamed the slap on a random passerbyer. Not that he ever expected her to actually believe it was the pinstriped toffee-nosed git who had done it, but he was still thankful he wasn’t to be on the receiving end of her glare.

“Oh yeah, I heard about that. You know, I would have sent you a get well owl. A big one with flowers, chocolate, and all that shit people send you to clutter up your hospital bed. But unfortunately I have a difficult time getting mushy. Plus, I have a reputation to uphold. So... Sorry." He grinned cheekily.
Though, come to think of it, it would have been a really funny picture seeing Maz, undoubtedly mortified, as she lay there in bed surrounded by an army of fluffy teddy bears and enchanted balloons bobbing up and down singing jazzy get-well wishing jingles.

"I'm glad you're alright, though.” He added in a more sincere tone. “And I hope they catch the pricks who did it. Let them rot in azkaban for all I care."

He was going to spare her the standard questioning usually following such an incident, where every Tom, Dick and Harry wanted to know every detail of the attack like they were the investigating aurors themselves. She was probably well tired of it already and besides, he didn't care if she'd seen their faces or not, or if she knew who had done it. It wasn't like he was going out to catch them anyways. That kind of shit was the aurors’ job and he was sure that she had told them whatever she knew already.

"Yes, you should..." He agreed but not really, his eyes widening a little as he subconsciously crossed his hands over his groin region to protect himself should there be any swinging fits coming his precious bits' way. You never did know with girls like Maz. They could be proper feisty and Caspian rather preferred his bollocks unharmed.
"Buuut, let's not get quite so brutal, shall we." He grinned sheepishly but then laughed when she shouted after the man to let him know she knew his wife. The look on his face was priceless.

"Five galleons?" He snorted, "How about a 100 galleons he'll owl in sick tomorrow morning."

Clutching his arm where she had slapped him, though more for effect than any actual pain, he leaned back to get a good look at her arse and what material was covering it. Call him an opportunist but really, what idiot would not take advantage of practically being given permission to check out a girl’s arse?

“Oh yeah, you are wearing denim... I really hadn’t noticed.” He smirked. “Honest.”
Chuckling to himself he then leaned back for a second glance and nodding approvingly he added, “Nice fit too, I must say.”

He was probably skating on thin ice at this point so for the sake of his knackers, he shut up.

Maz Cowan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 06:54 PM
Maz Cowan
Group Icon
7th year
Head Girl
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Neutral
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
5-September 14

"Am sure yir reputation widda survived sendin' me some booze up." Maz mock scowled. "Ah wiz drownin' in cairds, chocolate, grapes... a whole hoach eh stuff an' not wan bugger thought tae send some alcohol tae help way the pain." Shaking her head she added, "Wurld's totally against me like." It had went through her mind many times during the long nights just how helpful some alcohol would have been. Not only would the pain have been lessened but she might have been able to have a laugh into the bargain. She was usually a jolly drunk, even when drunk alone.

"Ah dinnae!" She sounded shocked at the very thought. "Ah made threats. If they're in Azkaban mah threats go unfulfilled. Yi urnae the only wan way a reputation tae 'hink aboot."It was getting to her that time was quickly passing while to others it would appear that she was not doing a thing to her attackers. "Thanks though." She smiled showing none of her irritation at her failings.

Maz laughed out loud when Caspian moved to cover his area. After shouting at the man she agreed, "Maybe a less brutal approach is in order this time." she said letting Caspian know he was definitely in the clear... or at least his manbits were.

"Ah'd say that's a given." Maz replied. "No way he'll huv calmed hissel doon enough fur themorra."

The Hufflepuff crossed her arms and quirked a brow at Caspian checking her out. When he'd finished she smirked, "Finished?" She asked but left no gap for an answer. "Right, mah turn. Geez a twirl."

"Efter that, dae yi fancy some chips?" It was close to lunch or at least that's what her quietly rumbling stomach was hinting. "Then ah dae believe we owe each other some madness." Maz added with a wicked smile. She was fully healed, she felt she was owed a laugh and they did let themselves down when they met in Diagon Alley. At least in Maz's opinion they did.

Caspian Lanchester

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Caspian Lanchester
 Posted: Mar 30 2017, 11:35 AM
Caspian Lanchester
Group Icon
2nd Year
Broom-making
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
13-June 15

Booze was a rather unconventional thing to gift a patient but Caspian could definitely see Maz’s point. It would probably be what he’d want too if he had to be bedridden. In the hospital wing, that was. He rather liked being in bed under different circumstances. Chuckling at her little woe-is-me complaint, he nodded emphatically.
“Yeah. Hate to say it mate, but you’ve got shitty friends. Booze would totally have been the kind thing to send you. Would’ve knocked you right out and spared you a lot of misery.” He smirked teasingly at her. “Oh, don’t think I don’t I remember... Dozed off like a baby, you did. Bloody weakling.”
To be fair though, he dozed off at around the same time so a bit of the pot calling the kettle black there but he blamed it on the wine. Those sickly sweet liqueurs they’d had to crack open once the real booze had been emptied didn’t help much either, of course. Sent them into a right sugar coma, that did. But wine did have a weird tendency to make him drowsy, much more so than proper alcohol like whisky, which was his drink of choice. He could actually glug down an impressive amount of it without ever getting that drowsy feeling at all. One of the few good things he’d inherited from his drunkard of a father, he supposed. That is to say if a tolerance of alcohol was an inheritable gene... Caspian had no idea.
"But you know what, I actually did consider sending your dear aunty Jen some bottles. After our raiding her little liquor cabinet I figured she must have been pretty miffed to find her grown-up medicine all gone... But only for a whole four seconds, then i thought the better of it."
He felt no guilt whatsoever having played a part in emptying most of the squib’s stash. It had been a good night, if not a little short, and the only regret he had really, other than falling asleep too soon, was having apparated back home to his own bed after waking up in the wee hours of the morning. Would have been a laugh to have stayed to see the woman’s fit when she found her precious booze gone.

Caspian looked at Maz, a little perplexed at her not wanting the tossers thrown in azkaban. You’d think if a person had been a victim of an attack they’d want the perpetrators to be locked up. Well, usually.
“Uhhh, you’ve made threats? Why would y- ...Wait, no, don’t answer that. It's probably best I don't know, so I can plead ignorance to whatever shenanigans you’re up to.” He shook his head incredulously but chuckled nonetheless, not being completely serious. “Has anyone ever told you you’re a bit barmy? But it’s all part of your charm, innit.”

As per request, and being the ever so obliging bloke that he is, Caspian made a twirl for her and he even threw in a rather flamboyant pose at the end of it for good measure. “Happy now?” He snorted. He certainly didn’t mind making a fool of himself for a laugh though. Caspian had always found people who couldn’t laugh at themselves really had no sense of humour at all, and humourless people were amongst the worst kind of people in his opinion.

"I never say no to chips." He was in fact rather peckish himself but then again, one needn’t be hungry to want chips. “And we do indeed.” He agreed with a nod as he shoved the list of sweets he was going to pick up for his cousin into his pocket for later, and then looked at Maz expectantly. "You lead the way, Mazzabelle!”

Maz Cowan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Apr 6 2017, 04:19 PM
Maz Cowan
Group Icon
7th year
Head Girl
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Neutral
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
5-September 14

The talk of shitty friends hit a raw note with Maz though she was able to cover it and smile. It was true though and she'd thought on it over the long months - she had crap friends. If the tables had been turned and she'd been banned from visiting any of them she'd have moved walls, floor, ceilings.. even mountains to get into that hospital wing. But not one person had done so for her. No instead of friends as company Maz had been stuck with the nurse, some professor's and house-elfs. It had made her take a good hard look at the relationships she'd formed and while she wouldn't fall out with anyone over it there was no way it would be forgotten. She was alone in the world. She'd always known it but it wasn't until she was stuck in that bed that she'd fully accepted it.

"Weaklin' is it?" She responded with a laugh as she leaned back ever so slightly. "Ah seem ae recall wakin' up later way your arm ower me... while you slept anaw." She leaned towards him now a smirk of her own firmly in place. "Yir jist as weak as me. Though," she righted her stance, "seein' as how am strong as fuck it's no too bad fur yi."

"Dinnae wurry though, ah've no telt ah soul... well, actually ah might huv telt wan ur two fowk yir the best ah've ever slept way." Which she had told a couple of Hufflepuff's just to see their reactions to it. A let down is what they'd been. Hufflepuff's tended to be quite unfazed by Maz's antics which was why she never spent all her time with her housemates.

Maz laughed again at his talk of guilt. "It actually turnt oot quite well. Ah filled the bottles an' put them away afore ah went back tae The Cauldron." Jen being a late sleeper meant that after waking from her drunken stupor Maz had plenty of time to erase evidence of their being in the house and be back in her rented room on time. "She totally blamed her boyfriend when she noticed an' chucked 'im oan the spot. Quite an amusin' time if am honest. Ah goat tae brain 'im way this big ugly vase Jen's goat when he grabbed her by the throat." A look of sheer delight was upon the girls face, she always did enjoy hitting people. There was only one person in the world allowed to physically attack Jen Cowan and that was her niece - Maz.

"Aye they dae but ah' tell thum whit you jist said- it's part eh mah charm an' adds tae the overall awesomeness that is me." She flashed her brightest smile. One thing Maz did not lack was confidence though, whenever she spoke of her own awesomeness she was partly joking. Just a little.

As Caspian turned she looked him up and down slowly. Returning some of the treatment he'd just given her. "Jist a little." She answered smirking again. "Probably be better naked." She'd lowered her voice having noticed they were on the receiving end of some dodgy looks from those around.

After linking an arm through his as though they'd been friends for years Maz steered the course for the main street. "Wurd tae the wise - caw me Mazzabelle again an' ah'll shove the chips up yir arse." Though it was a threat there was no real intent behind it so none of the usual menace to her tone or eyes. She was having fun and oddly it didn't bother her when he used her real name. Probably because his name was almost as ridiculous she decided.

Upon reaching the pub Maz quickly ducked inside leaving Caspian to wait. Before the summer she'd had a long talk with the owner Mr Marsden lamenting the fact that in the magical world she couldn't get a decent bag of chips. He'd surprised her that day by quickly whipping up a batch and wrapping it in paper just like they did in muggle chip shops. Weeks later during the holidays Maz had been surprised once more when she'd found he'd decided to put the dish on the menu. Chips now came on a plate or in a poke and Maz couldn't be happier.

She wasn't too long inside before she returned holding two open chip bags. One of which she handed to Caspian before turning so he could reach the condiments resting in the crook of her arm. When they'd both sorted the chips how they liked them she placed the bottles on the window ledge at Marsden's request.

"Right then" Maz began already walking away from the pub and down the street as she blew on then ate one delicious, perfectly cooked chip at a time. "let's eat and plan. Madness shall descend on Hogsmeade."

Caspian Lanchester

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Caspian Lanchester
 Posted: Apr 24 2017, 07:20 PM
Caspian Lanchester
Group Icon
2nd Year
Broom-making
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
13-June 15

Caspian snorted at having had his arm over her. It had been his hope and belief that Maz had slept soundlessly throughout the night and only awoken in the morning to him having already disapparated. That was all wishful thinking apparently and he wasn’t very pleased with that. “That must have been your dreaming, mate." He dismissed chuckling.
It was pretty stupid and it didn't really make a lot of sense but he had this weird hang-up about sleeping with someone. And not the getting his end away kind of sleeping with someone, which he rather enjoyed, naturally, but literally sleeping with someone. Being asleep next to someone else was one of those thing which strangely made him feel really uneasy. It was best to just laugh it off though, than get his panties in a bundle over something he couldn’t change now anyway.

“You, strong as fuck?” He looked at her, surveying her with a doubtful smirk. She didn’t strike him as being unusually strong but then he was suddenly reminded of how she threatened to punch people in the knackers earlier, and he thought it better to not question her strength in that moment. “Actually… Yeah, alright.” Grinning, he was willing to let her have that one.

It didn’t bother him one bit though that Maz’s had told a couple of people of their having slept together. He wasn’t exactly known for being a prude. “And you wouldn’t be lying.” He assured her with a cocky smirk. “But we really did let ourselves down, didn’t we. Zonked off like a pair of amateurs…” He shook his head in disbelief. “Shameful… We really oughta have a do-over sometime.”

He had to admit at first he was a bit disappointed to hear she’d been covering their tracks by filling up the bottles. There was a pleasurable satisfaction in the thought of Jen Cowan raging like a burnt pig after coming home to find her booze gone. He laughed out loud though, when it turned out Jen had blamed her boyfriend for it. Poor sod.
“I’d feel sorry for the div but if he’s dating that batty aunt of yours he kind of had it coming.” He chuckled, “Would have fancied seeing you crack that vase over his head though.”
It amused him to hear of other people’s family drama. To be fair, his family was as fucked up as any of them, but he came from a long line of people with stiff upper lips. The Lanchesters were all about bottled up emotions and passive aggressive warfare, and that made for very dull family drama.

Caspian arched an eyebrow at her remark. “Well, of course.” He said in a self-assured tone before he added pretending to be hurt. “But I’m not just a piece of meat, you know. I have a brain, too.”
Arm linked he allowed himself to be steered towards the main street. “Fine.” He said, “But it’s a solid name that, Mazabelle Cowan... mint for scolding, innit. You just know you’ve been caught raiding the biscuit tin when someone calls you that.” Chuckling to himself he added, “I may have to reserve the right to use it when you’ve been a naughty girl.”

Leaning himself against the wall he waited outside the pub whilst Maz went inside to get chips which turned out to be a pretty quick affair. “Ta.” He said taking the chip bag before adding a generous splash of vinegar and some extra salt because he really liked his chips verging on unhealthily salted. His lips were going to be sore later but it was a price he was willing to pay for perfectly dressed chips.
Following Maz he nodded. “Definitely.” He just wasn’t sure what and looked around as if ideas would be lurking around somewhere and he just had to find them. Hogsmeade was a dull old village though, and they’d have to get creative to come up with something fun to do in this little snoozer of a place. Caspian found himself coming up short but whilst he waited for the ideas to come to him there was one thing he was curious about.
“You skiving off then?” He asked and mocked a sort of teacher-y tone of voice as he added, “It’s not a hogsmeade weekend you know, miss Cowan.”

Maz Cowan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Apr 30 2017, 09:37 PM
Maz Cowan
Group Icon
7th year
Head Girl
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Neutral
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
5-September 14

"Aye, mah wildest dreams fur sure." Maz retorted. "Whit every girl dreams ae really." Maz raised a brow until Caspian agreed that she was strong as she said. "Gymnastics tends tae be gid fur strengthenin' the arms. It's harder than it sounds haudin' up yir ain weight." She told him.

"Am up fur it if you are." A do over was exactly what they needed to knock out the dents in their drinking pride. Of course she had no way of getting alcohol herself since she hadn't thought to get some before leaving the castle. She supposed she could come up with a plan to sneak some out of one of the shops or pubs in the village... it couldn't be to hard. Or at least that was her thought about most things. She frowned at Caspian after a moment, "You no eighteen?" If he was and he really was up for a do over as he said then problem solved.

Maz nodded in agreement that Jen's boyfriend had it coming. "It's always good tae hit Jen's fellas." For this latest had not been the first Maz had felt the need to strike, he was just last in a long line. It may not be the happiest times living with Jen but it was exciting at least.

"A brain up here?" Maz pointed to his head. "Or doon there?" She pointed then at his crotch. "That's the question in't it?" The girl smirked as she brought her eyes back up to meet his.

"Oh well if it's fur naughty... an' ah am very naughty." Her voice deepened as she went along with the teasing. "Though ah 'hink ah kin dae better than biscuit raids when it comes tae naughty." She always wanted to laugh when she was saying such things but managed to keep it at bay, at least for now.

The girl shook her head. "Naw, no skivin'. Am allowed time tae properly git back intae 'hings... ah wiz oot the game fur ages afterall. Ah've no dun a full day yit since am allowed breaks an' the day ah made Jen git me permission tae come here - part break an' part need tae see mah lawyer." It would have been better if she'd sneaked out of the castle. Getting permission sounded so lame. "How's Uni treating yi?" she assumed that's where he'd come from. "Yi dinnae seem as busy as ah've bin led tae believe students ur." She'd known that was a lie. People always made things sound worse than they were.

Caspian Lanchester

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Caspian Lanchester
 Posted: Jun 18 2017, 11:20 AM
Caspian Lanchester
Group Icon
2nd Year
Broom-making
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
13-June 15

Caspian patted Maz on the shoulder as if to comfort her. “Don’t worry, my dear. You’re not alone. I can’t tell you how many girls lust for this gorgeous bod, or even to just simply have my manly arm draped around them as they snooze peacefully beside me.”
It wasn’t always evident in his tone of voice if he was speaking sarcastically or if he actually meant what he was saying, and he kind of did that on purpose because he rather enjoyed the look on people’s faces when they thought he was being serious.
It was difficult to keep a straight face after saying such a thing though, but luckily she gave him the excuse he needed because there was no stopping the sly grin from spreading wide on his face when she mentioned gymnastics.
“A gymnast you say?” He couldn’t be expected, after having been introduced to such information, not to have his mind swarmed by images of her twirling about in a skimpy leotard. But he still managed to push those thoughts aside for now, mentally reassuring himself that he could revisit them on a later occasion. “That does explain a lot.”

So when he had suggested a do over he didn’t necessarily mean right now, particularly not in this little shit dump of a village, and he also kind of had some revising to do later.
“Of course I’m eighteen.” He said, “Though, you don’t strike me as one to be arsed about some stupid age restriction anyway.” Arching an eyebrow he shot her a sceptical glance, “Don’t tell me you’ve gone and gotten law-abiding on me, Cowan, cos if you have, our getting-pissed-together-ship is over.”

When she asked him where his brain was located he just rolled his eyes at her, snoring amusedly as he threw a chip at her. “Shut up, Cowan.” Though laughing he added, “But you know what they say, two heads are better than one.”

“Permission, eh? How very kind of dear Aunty Jen.” He was unable to hide the surprise in his voice as he spoke. He wasn’t sure why it surprised him, but maybe because it was difficult to believe the woman had any redeeming qualities. To be fair though, this was undoubtedly her only redeeming quality. She was a squib after all. “Better make the best out of it then.”
That kind of settled it for him. Having been trapped in the hospital wing for weeks Maz deserved a bit of fun and if he could help in any way, he’d be very happy to. His own plans could wait. Who in their right mind chose revising over getting drunk anyway?
“So what kind of booze do you want?”

After being asked about university, Caspian shrugged. “Meeh. It’s school. Better than Hogwarts, though. No teachers bothering you day in and day out. Although... I must admit it does take most of the fun out of breaking the rules. You just don’t get that same thrill when you know it won’t get the Professors’ knickers in a knot. Know what I mean?”
He shock his head. “I’ve always believed you’re as busy as you make yourself. Me, I like not being so arsed about coursework so I seldom find myself too busy to have a good time.” He grinned. “Priorities and all that.”

Maz Cowan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Jun 20 2017, 09:37 AM
Maz Cowan
Group Icon
7th year
Head Girl
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Neutral
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
5-September 14

"Right, so ah'll be feelin' honoured then that ah goat some shut eye way such a fine specimen eh a man. Sing proudly fae the rooftops so ah shall." Much like Caspian it was difficult to tell if Maz was serious or not, even when her words were over the top the tone could be so sincere if would leave people questioning. Though in this instance the smile gave it away somewhat.

Knowing exactly the type of reaction her words would get Maz decided to add just a little more. "Aye, an a dancer anaw... am very flexible me."

"Oh no!" The girl gasped as she cluthed a hand to her chest. "Dinnae be sayin' such cruel things! Oor gettin'-pissed-together-ship is aw a live fur these days. Yi wound me, Lanchester, a heavy wound."

On the subject of stealing booze she remained the same as she ever did. "Ah'll filch any booze if there's a need." Though if she took from anyone but her aunt she would leave more than enough to cover the costs. Jist sometimes it's wise tae take the easire route - if it's available tae yi."

The Hufflepuff laughed with him, "Depends if the heids huv their eye oan the baw ur a set eh tits ah'd suppose."

"Ah might've threatened a wee bit." It had felt good, the normalness of threatening her aunt to get what she wanted. Nice Jen was too drastic a change. "Any time oot eh school shouldnae be wasted. We're practically prisoners in there. Shockin' that they git away way it."

She hadn't actually expected him to want to get a drinking session started and had much resigned herself to sneaking into Jen's room later and nicking some. Even though her aunt had cut right back she always had something hidden somewhere. When he asked her choice she smiled, shrugged and said, "Any'hin' but wine..." her smile turning to a teasing smirk she added, "No that ah dinnae want tae end up snoozin' way yir fine self again... ah jist really need tae make it back tae school at some point the day." Or night. Jen wouldn't tell. It wouldn't be worth getting on Maz's bad side, not with the mood she'd been in.

"We'll partner up when ah come up." She did plan on going to university herself. "Ah kin break anybody." It was a bold statement but Maz had complete confidence in her abilities. Returning his grin she chuckled. "Aye. Everybody needs priorities."

Caspian Lanchester

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Caspian Lanchester
 Posted: Jul 8 2017, 11:57 AM
Caspian Lanchester
Group Icon
2nd Year
Broom-making
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
13-June 15

Caspian simply gave her a smug look and answered with an emphatic nod, “Yup. Exactly so.” He knew she was being as sarcastic as he’d been so he continued with just as serious a tone of voice as before, “I know you enjoyed it, Cowan. And I’m flattered, honest.”
He smirked teasingly at her, half-preparing himself to get punched any second.

And speaking of getting punched, he nodded appreciatively when she mentioned being a dancer too, “It certainly explains your fine ass.” He added matter-of-factly.

He let out a snorting laugh at her dramatic little performance. “Well, it’s a good kind of thing we’ve got going though, isn’t it. We get pissed and we try not to fall asleep.” He said and nudged her in the ribs with his elbow, “I mean, if we’re not getting pissed together, what else are we supposed to do? Braid each other’s hair? Bond over a mutual love for cross stitching? Toast crumpets by the fireplace all snuggled up in matching pyjamases whilst we share our hopes and dreams like normal people?" The words tasted like vomit coming out of his mouth and he made an equally disgusted face, "Fuck that."

“Whilst I’m sure we can put your thieving skills to good use for something, for booze we might as well use me. I don’t mind being taken advantage of.”

He laughed but what she said was sort of true. Hogwarts had gotten pretty shitty over the past few years, much thanks to that dildo Norwood.

Glad Maz seemed to be up for some drinking he smiled, “Well, look at you being all responsible. Back to school at some point, eh?” He shook his head incredulously and snorted, “I’m not sure if I should be impressed or disappointed.”
If he was perfectly honest he was a little bit disappointed but it was nothing that would put a damper on his mood. Grinning Caspian put his arm around her shoulders and pulled her into a side hug. “Here I was hoping I could have you and your bonnie erse to myself all night... Gutted!”

Rather than continuing on the path they were aimlessly heading, Caspian took the lead, and still having his arm around her, steered their direction toward one of the less crowded alleys where he knew of a shop selling under-the-counter alcohol. It was a manky little place but the owner had never minded selling Caspian booze throughout the years he’d gone to Hogwarts and whilst he could get booze from any pub he liked now that he was of legal age, there was a sense of consumer loyalty which made him feel like coming back to that place rather than going elsewhere. Besides, despite only offering a very small selection, the booze was first class quality.

“What do you plan on studying once you get to uni then? - One moment.” Not waiting for her to answer his question, Caspian nipped into the shop for a quick purchase and reappeared less than a minute later with two bottles in hand. Holding out both he let her pick whichever of the two she prefered, being a gentleman and all that.

Maz Cowan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Jul 10 2017, 11:30 AM
Maz Cowan
Group Icon
7th year
Head Girl
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Neutral
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
5-September 14

"An' so yi should be. There's guys wid crawl ower hot coals jist tae be within mah area. Yir a lucky, lucky fella." Maz felt it was well past time for the table to be flipped. "Wan guy telt me he'd walk barefoot over broken glass jist tae smell mah farts which ah felt wiz a bit much and slightly manky but still, a nice enough compliment." Of course her reaction at the time had been much different, she'd laughed and when the friend of a friend of Jen's had gotten angry she'd hit him. A good night by all accounts, except his she assumed.

Her only response to the comment about her arse was to laugh, especially at his matter-of-fact tone.

"Might be fun tae git pissed and braid each others hair though..." She reached for his taking a small stand between two fingers. "Ah 'hink ah could even manage tae git some cornrows oan yir mop." She let his hair fall back into place. "Drunken cross-stitichin' wid be hilariously dangerous ah reckon."

Maz smirked at his words. "Ah'll be sure eh keep that in mind."

She chuckled at being pulled into the hug. "Aww, yi poor wee lamb." The girl put on an overly sympathetic simpering tone which she paired with a petted lip. "Huv ah jist crushed yir dreams?" The pout and tone were gone as she cocked a brow. "Ah suppose yi never know... play yir cairds right... maybe dreams do come true." She smirked once more. If she got a drink in her there really was no guarantee she'd go back to the school. "Could always blame some kind eh brain injury fae the attack. Am sorry ah didnae come back Sir, but ah totally forgot the school even existed."

Allowing herself to be steered by the arm around her Maz walked along with Caspian. She had used to be bothered by contact thinking that it brought on visions but given that she "saw" whether touching another or not she'd given up on that thinking. And if she was perfectly honest she often enjoyed the contact since she got so little of it at home.

Waiting patiently outside the shop Maz took a look around herself. This whole alleyway seemed a rather dingy place and she was surprised to find she hadn't actually been down it before. She had thought she'd explored all of the village. Perhaps the overflowing bin further down from where she stood had always been there, it's smell putting her off without thought.

When Caspian was back Maz took one of the bottles without really looking at it. Quickly it was uncorked and ready for the tasting. After a quick sip she smiled as she licked her lips. "Ah rum." Another sip and she smacked her lips together. She really did enjoy rum. "No hid this in years... Jen an' run tended tae equal naked Jen so she stoapped buyin' it." While the Hufflepuff had been sad to see the rum gone from her life she was more than happy to see the nakedness of her aunt disappear.

"An' ah've nae clue whit am gaunae dae. Some'hin' creature related is the obvious course." Of course it was, she had her family business to run. "Or a course aboot business but..." Now when Maz smiled there was a hint of wickedness to it as her eyes seemed to spark with the very idea. "am considerin' politics. 'Hink eh the pain in the erse ah kin be at the Ministry."

Caspian Lanchester

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Caspian Lanchester
 Posted: Aug 13 2017, 12:10 PM
Caspian Lanchester
Group Icon
2nd Year
Broom-making
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
13-June 15

“Oh I’m honoured, I really am. Few are granted the privilege, I’m sure.” Caspian agreed emphatically. Though, as she went on about the bloke wanting to smell her farts, he made a disgusted face.
Slightly manky? I’m all for the kinky but I’d say that’s pretty minging.”
Chuckling he said, “It’s a nice compliment though, and I suppose if anybody’s farts are worth sniffing it’s gotta be yours, Cowan.”

He shook his head and laughed, “Cornrows, really? Come on, you know I would look adorable in pigtails!”

“You mock me!” He complained, pretending to be hurt by clutching his fist at his chest. “You cruel temptress.” Though smirking he added, “But since you’ve no idea what my dreams are Cowan, I’m willing to try and play my cards right just to see you try to fulfill them.” He joked with a chuckle, though it was a funny notion that, him playing his cards right.
“Oh yeah,” He agreed, “There’s no knowing what sort of damage that attack may have had on your head. I’d say you’ve got the perfect get-out-of-detention free card right there.”

Caspian was glad he was left with the whisky and he uncorked the bottle and took a swig from it. Few things in life were as pleasurable as that first sip of a fine whisky as it hit the inside of the mouth and almost like liquid smoke oozed down the throat. He liked rum too, of course, but whisky was always his number one drink of choice.
He took another sip and meant to enjoy it but at her mention a naked Jen Cowan, the strong drink went down the wrong throat and he burst into a fit of coughs. “Fucking hell, woman! Are you trying to kill me?” He spat but managed a laugh. “That mental picture is sure to put me off rum for a long time.”

A very, very long time.

Whilst he admittedly had a bit of a thing for older women, the thought of a naked Jen Cowan was just plain sadistic. Now he was even more glad he had a bottle of whisky and he took a few gulps to cleanse himself of further disturbing images trying to sneak into his mind.
“No more Jen, please.” He chuckled and put his arm around her shoulders again. “Have some compassion for my poor nerves, I beg of you.”

Although, he had no destination in mind, he began walking slowly in the direction they happened to be facing. Either they’d stroll aimlessly and see where they’d end up or he’d leave it to Maz to guide the path to where they ended up next.

“Politics?” He snorted. “You’re mad.” How anyone could willingly want to get into that shite-tornado was beyond him. Nothing bored him as much as politics did and the fucktards who ran it, although he did like to complain about it a great deal. He was just far too lazy to actually get involved and try to fight to make a change himself, particularly since he much rather spend his time drinking or fucking.
“But maybe the ministry could do with someone like you. You know, a sane one amongst all the nutters...” He chuckled, “Perhaps there’d even be a department just for you. The Department of Drunk Deviants.”

Maz Cowan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Aug 26 2017, 07:03 PM
Maz Cowan
Group Icon
7th year
Head Girl
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Neutral
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
5-September 14

It had been hard for Maz not to crack up laughing, she did when Caspian somewhat agreed with the guy. "Aye, ae be sure." She managed to speak while the laughter continued. "An' ah used the wurd 'slightly' cause ah huv met worse."

"Aye that ye wid. Ah wiz tryin' fur cool masel but if ye want tae be pretty who the fuck am ah eh staun in yer way." She was laughing again and enjoying herself. It was becoming a rare thing she'd found, people were becoming much too serious lately.

Maz shook her head in mock sadness. "Nae way eh knowin' at aw." She agreed. "Ah mean we still dinnae know why mah eyes keep dain this." Her eyes she made got cross-eyed before looking up until only the white was showing, not even a hint of colour could be seen. For years she'd used that trick to freak people out but less and less as the years passed and she discovered a link between visions and eyes rolling back. She'd wondered if that's how she could do it because it happened during a vision but she never had anyone around that she'd ask to verify it.

His reaction to her Jen story was priceless and as he coughed Maz was bent, using her knees for support as she laughed so much she began developing a stitch in her side. She was laughing still when he started and waved a hand when he spoke. She needed a minute or two - a full laughing fit had taken over.

It was why she let out the little tidbits about Jen. Not to embarrass the woman as she assumed many thought but for the reaction. Jen had nothing to be embarrassed about in this case anyway. A person wasn't fully in control of themselves all the time when drunk.

She stood, wiping tears from under her eyes and gulped from the bottle of rum as Caspian did likewise with the whiskey. With his arm around her shoulder she pouted. "But when ah tell Jen stories ah huv so much fun." She grinned, a grin that twitched at the corners as she still fought the remains of the laughing fit.

As the talk turned to the future Maz found them a bench to sit on. It sat in the shadow of a shop. "Am no fuckin' sane." She infromed him. "Why the fuck d'ye 'hink ah drink tae the point ah'd deserve mah ain department at The Ministry?"

Time passed as they drank, talked and laughed and no one on the street seemed to pay the two any mind. After a while Maz held the rum bottle up and out. With her head tilted she looked at it. Just over half gone. "Am no gittin drunk quick enough." For now she'd started there was no point if she didn't get drunk. She wasn't drinking to be social and not just because she didn't know what that meant. "Sometimes me an' the wans fae roon Jen's we helicopter drink."

The girl stood up and yes, she was a bit wobbly. Affected more than she thought she was. She took two steps from the bench then turned to squint at Caspian. "Big metal flyin' 'hingy. Blades go roon an' roon." She explained and then demonstrated on the spot, quickly realised her error and stopped. "W-hoops! Furgot tae drink." She told Caspian before putting the bottle to her mouth and spinning again. One, two, three spins she done and when she came to a stop she didn't really. Odd sideways steps were took as she tried to remain on her feet, she even held one arm out to the side, the other still clutched the bottle of course.

When she finally came to a complete stop her legs were shoulder width apart and she bent slightly. A vigirous shake of her head follwed the final stop. "Woo!" She stood straight suddenly and wiped her lips since the world had stopped turning - at least to the point she was aware of it. "Supposed tae git ye drunker, quicker." She turned to Caspian as she spoke and stumbled to the side, her movements just a tad too quick, too soon.

Caspian Lanchester

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Hogsmeade | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse