Cryptic Conjuring -> Going To See A Man
It is October 2076.
The days in this month begin at 7.15am and end at 7pm. Highest temperature is 12°C and the lowest 7°C. Cold and strong winds are the mainstay for this month.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Rating

Click for Explanation
Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Amber -
Global Admin

- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
Social Media

Tumblr

House Points
G
H

S
R
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Board Stats
M F NB
Adults 18 15 0
University 6 3 0
Hogwarts 8 19 0

Hogwarts
First Years 2
Second Years 1
Third Years 1
Fourth Years 4
Fifth Years 6
Sixth Years 7
Seventh Years 6

University
First Years
Second Years
Third Years
Fourth Years

Blood Status
Purebloods 24
Halfbloods 29
Muggleborns 12
Unknown 1
Squibs 1
House Elves 1
Vampires 1
Veelas 4
Werewolves 1
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Complete
New Poll

Going To See A Man, Amber/Tim/Declan
Amber Elison
 Posted: Mar 1 2017, 10:44 PM
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

Amber nervously bit her lip. She was sitting in the chair that she and Tim always argued over before she would just sit on him. She was watching the flames, yet unable to lose herself in the fiery dance. It wasn’t often that the fire couldn’t calm her. She usually loved fires and watching them. But at the moment, she had too many worries on her mind.

The week of detentions was finally over. She’d made sure to piss off the professor as much as she could. She would refuse to answer if he spoke to her. She would sing the most annoying songs just loud enough for him to hear. She would sit outside the room, on the floor of the corridor, while Tim’s detentions were going on.

She was waiting for Tim so they could go see the Muggle Studies professor. They had studied the notebook that Maz had given them and checked the information against the book used for the subject. The notebook had been a hundred times easier to understand. She had learned that notebook backwards and forwards. She only hoped it would be enough.

Before she had a chance to imagine too many nightmarish scenarios, she heard footsteps behind the chair. Knowing it was Tim, she turned around onto her knees before standing in the chair. For once, that put her above his height. Taking advantage of that, she threw her arms around him and greeted him not with words, but a kiss.

Breathing deeply as she pulled back, she smiled. “I really needed that.” She gave him a tight hug before letting go of him and jumping out of the chair. “So, are we really doing this? And what is our exact plan?”

Timothy Morrigan
Declan Hart

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Mar 2 2017, 08:54 PM
Timothy Morrigan
Group Icon
7th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

By the time Tim got back to the common room, all he really wanted to do was collapse in his chair with Amber and just spend a quiet night in. Between their detentions with his father, their normal schoolwork, and studying to get caught up in Muggle Studies, there hadn’t been enough time for anything; not even sleep.

Unfortunately, that meant there was far too much to do for them to spend the night that way. He spotted Amber sitting in their chair as soon as he walked into the room, but from the look on her face he knew that she was having similar thoughts. He was not going to enjoy disappointing her either. Knowing what lay ahead for them, he crossed the room reluctantly and leaned against the back of the chair and smiled as she turned – kneeling on the chair.

Tim smiled as she threw her arms around him and returned the kiss, passionately. A soft whine escaped from him as she pulled away, though he quickly returned the hug and released her as she went to stand up. With a grin he said, “Well, I REALLY don’t want to do this anymore, but I suppose that we have to. Best to get it out of the way and all.”

“I don’t really have too much of a plan, just basically go up and tell him that we’ve been studying extra hard and ask to take some of the tests from last year to show him that we’re ready to go. Then, assuming we pass those exams – which we will, we request the opportunity to take our OWLs so that we’re all caught up.”

Amber Elison

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Mar 2 2017, 09:16 PM
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

Amber smirked at Tim’s whine when she broke the kiss. “We’ll find time later. I promise. If we don’t, I will be going insane.” She paused before speaking again. “Well, I’ll be ore insane than I am already. And that’s just scary.” She wasn’t lying. She was feeling very frustrated with the lack of privacy they had been experiencing, especially after their last attempt. She nodded at his words. “I know. Better to get it over with so we don’t need to worry about it anymore.” She did give him a small pout though.

She nodded when he revealed his plan. Short and simple. She could handle that. “We have been studying really hard. He should let us do this, right?” After all, it was part of the point of getting them to pass the course. “Well, if he turns us down, then we’ll know that no one really cares about the mandate,” she shrugged. “I’m sure we can pass them.” She sounded more confident than she felt.

“Once we take the OWLs and pass those, then what? Self-study for the rest of the year so we can take the sixth year exams in the class?” It wasn’t like they could go straight into the sixth year material more than halfway through the year. They’d have to get caught up there too. “Wouldn’t it be great if we could somehow pass the NEWTs too?”

She sighed as her face fell. “There’s still a part of me that hates giving in, hates giving up, and wants to rebel. But a bigger part of me really wants to finish school and get the hell out of here and on with real life.” Not that she had any real idea of what she wanted to do, beyond possibly becoming a dueling master and competing on the international circuit. Not that the current teacher would help her achieve that dream, so she knew it would never come true.

Timothy Morrigan

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Mar 3 2017, 04:32 PM
Timothy Morrigan
Group Icon
7th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

“I’m going to hold you to that,” he responded with a sheepish grin, and then he chuckled at her final statement as he agreed, “well; we’re on the same page with most everything else. Why should this be any different?”

The pout that crossed her face made him smile; he knew exactly how she felt. This wasn’t something that he was looking forward to, but since they’d already pretty well agreed that they weren’t going to be dropping out, and had every intention of graduating, then it was something they were going to need to do. As was often the case with something like this, however, knowing it and not being pissed off by it were two very different things.

“I hope so,” he replied.

“At the same time, I can understand if he might hesitate about it. That’s why I was thinking to lead with the exams from last year that weren’t the OWLs. Show him that we’re ready before we ask for permission to take the big one.”

He nodded at her statement of knowledge that they’d pass. She seemed a lot more confident than he was, but they were going to have to try. It was true too, that if they didn’t really have any method of preparing for people to get caught up, then it would just show that they weren’t really concerned about the new rules other than for how they could use it to hold people back.

“That would be pretty awesome,” he agreed, “but yeah, I think we’d be largely studying on our own. I’m not sure what their plan would be to have someone switch class mid-year like we’d be eligible to do, but I hope they have something in mind.”

Tim nodded in emphatic agreement, “That’s where I’m at too. We’ve both decided that we want to graduate from here, and that just means that we’re going to have to do the work.”

That said, he took her hand in his and twined their fingers together before leading her out of the common room and through the halls toward the Muggle Studies office. Tim hadn’t actually been here before and he was vaguely interested to see what Hart’s office looked like.

When they arrived at the office door, Tim knocked and waited for them to be acknowledged.

Declan Hart
Amber Elison

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Declan Hart
 Posted: Mar 3 2017, 04:32 PM
Declan Hart
Group Icon
Muggle Studies Professor
Head of Hufflepuff
- blood status -
Muggleborn
- allegiance -
Pro-Muggle
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
6-September 16

Professor Hart was sitting behind his desk, in his nearly empty office, working on some of the assignments that he still had to grade. There was almost too much going on in the school at the moment and he was ashamed to say that he’d let some of his work fall behind. A small filling cabinet stood in the corner behind his desk and one wall was lined with bookshelves. The only decoration that leant a personal touch to the room was a picture on the corner of his desk of a much younger Professor Hart and several other men in military fatigues in a desert somewhere.

At the sound of someone knocking on the door he set down his pen and slid the papers aside as he called out, “Enter!” to whoever was there. Briefly, he arched an eyebrow as the pair entered the room and he motioned them to the front to stand in front of the desk.

“I will say, that I was not expecting to see you two coming here.”

“What can I do for you, Ms. Elison? Mr. Morrigan?” he asked curiously once the two students had come forward.

He recognized them from class, where they’d been largely doing the absolutely minimum to get by – and sometimes less, though that had seemed to be changing recently. Honestly, he’d written them off as a pair of purebloods who were set to cut off their own noses to spite the school and the school’s attempt to give them a more rounded education.

Amber Elison
Timothy Morrigan

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Mar 5 2017, 06:40 PM
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

“Please, hold me to that. In fact, hold me to that against anything you want,” Amber told Tim. “The sooner the better. Maybe right after our meeting? It would be a great time to let off the stress, don’t you think?” she asked, her eyes dark and biting her lip seductively. “I very much look forward to anything you want to dish out.”

“We will get it over with,” she said decisively. “If only so we don’t have to deal with it anymore.” She just wanted this stuff to be over already.

She nodded. “I really hope that he’ll go for it. But why wouldn’t he? After all, if we can pass, it would be a credit to him, right?” Or that’s how her mind would be working anyway. But she doubted the particular professor they were discussing had been a Slytherin.

“I hope they’ll just let us study on our own so we can take the sixth year tests on time and hopefully continue our tutoring over the summer and finish our NEWTs so we don’t have to worry about anything muggle-related next year.” She didn’t think they’d be able to switch into another class mid-year like that, because they’d be behind in the new class. And she refused to take another useless elective. One was enough, thank you very much.

“Well, the problem with not graduating from here is where else could we go? There is nowhere else because of that stupid agreement. And there’s no way your grandfather would have time to teach us at home, and I’m not going to ask him to pay for tutors during the school year when he’s already paid for this year and next for us both.” That would just be asking too much of her guardian, she thought.

She felt a flutter of nervousness as he knocked on the door, but she ruthlessly squashed the feeling. Luckily, it was gone by the time they heard a voice invite them to enter.

She nodded when Hart said he wouldn’t have expected them. She wouldn’t have expected them either if she’d been in his place. “We’ve been studying on our own, sir. We’d like to retake the exams from last year to prove it. If we pass those well, we’d like to arrange to take the Muggle Studies OWL.”

She glanced to Tim to see if he wanted to add anything.

Timothy Morrigan
Declan Hart

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Mar 14 2017, 07:00 PM
Timothy Morrigan
Group Icon
7th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

“Sounds like we have a plan then,” Tim replied with a playful, lecherous grin. She’d pretty much given voice to his thoughts and now all he wanted was to be done with this meeting. His grin brightened as she continued to read his mind and he nodded, “Right after the meeting was exactly was I was thinking.”

Her determination matched his and he nodded in agreement. All that they could do was get the meeting with Professor Hart over with and the rest of the evening would be theirs. At this point, that was all that mattered to Tim – the rest of it would take care of itself. Though, he was definitely looking forward to not having to deal with it anymore.

“I hope he’ll go for it too, but we’re not going to know until we talk to him. Who knows; maybe he’ll be the spiteful, vindictive monster that Pavon and some of the others make him out to be and he’ll deny the request just to see us suffer.”

While Tim wasn’t a fan of what the Headmaster and his people were trying to do, he could see the strategy behind it and truly didn’t believe they were the idiots that so many of the Slytherins made them out to be. They were misguided, and could feasibly cause serious damage, but they weren’t stupid or needlessly spiteful. He nodded, again, at Amber’s words. They would have to see just what the Professor would allow them to do; it would be nice to not have to worry about Muggle Studies for their last year though.

Homeschool was likely the only option they would have had, but even that wasn’t a good one. On top of the fact that Richard would either have to tutor them or would have to pay for someone else to do it; there was also the fact that he would be seen as definitively taking a side if he pulled his wards out of school in an attempt to avoid the class. It was something his opponents would play up and would likely have cost him a fair amount of political capitol. That wasn’t something that Tim wanted to be responsible for.

But then they were at the door to the classroom.

He couldn’t help but smile at the Professor’s greeting; it probably was a bit of a shock to see them. While they might not have been as uselessly militant about it as some of the others, they had made perfectly clear the fact that they thought this entire situation was insane.

Amber jumped right into what it was that they were after and Tim didn’t feel that he had anything else to add. When she looked his way, after her explanation, he just smiled encouragingly and nodded, before waiting to hear what he would have to say. She’d pretty well covered everything that they were after and now it was up to Hart.

Declan Hart
Amber Elison

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Declan Hart
 Posted: Mar 14 2017, 07:14 PM
Declan Hart
Group Icon
Muggle Studies Professor
Head of Hufflepuff
- blood status -
Muggleborn
- allegiance -
Pro-Muggle
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
6-September 16

Professor Hart listened to Amber speak and leaned back in his chair to consider what they were saying. It wasn’t at all what he’d assumed they would be coming to speak with him about, but that didn’t mean he wasn’t vaguely pleased that they’d apparently been putting in the work on their own. Hell, if they’d actually managed to learn a thing or two it might be two fewer students who were wasting the oxygen in his classroom. He’d have been far, far happier if David hadn’t been willing to offer the students quite so many chances – schools were always better when the students that were there actually wanted to be there.

“You truly think that you’re prepared for this? I’m more than willing to give you the opportunity to try, but I’m sure you’ll understand if I withhold my enthusiasm for arranging your OWLs for you until we see just how you’ve done?”

“Unless you pass your exams far more impressively than I expect, but you do pass them,” he continued, “I would recommend allowing you to take your OWLs at the end of the year with the rest of the students.”

If they blew the exams out of the water, then he would have to give serious consideration to upping his time frame for them, but if they truly had been putting in the work that should be encouraged. He thought to let them try the OWLs at the end of the year with everyone else, see about arranging the sixth year exams for them over the summer and moving them into the Seventh Year class – where they should be – for their last year. He had to admit he was a little curious to see how they would do – the word among the Professors was that they were diligent students when they wanted to be.

Amber Elison
Timothy Morrigan

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Mar 14 2017, 11:30 PM
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

It didn’t seem like Tim was going to add anything, Amber thought, because of the way he’d smiled at her. That was fine. She was pretty sure she’d said everything that needed to be said anyway. Now all she could do was wait and hope to hear what she wanted to hear. She made sure not to fidget, even though that was all she wanted to do right then. Why wouldn’t this man hurry up and talk and let them be on their way?

Finally after what seemed like weeks, he started to speak. She kept her back straight, determined to take whatever he decided with dignity. At least until they were away from this office.

When asked if she felt ready for such an undertaking, she nodded. She didn’t show the irritation that she felt right then. Hadn’t she said she and Tim were both ready? Why would he ask that? She gritted her teeth together in an effort not to say anything that would ruin their chances of getting their way. Tim could do verbal this time. It was his turn.

She knew they’d studied all they could. She wanted to take the OWL now, not wait until the end of the year. She was hoping to take the sixth year tests at the end. She was sure they could handle it. They just needed this professor to agree.

She glanced at Tim, silently telling him to ask when they should retake the exam to prove that they were ready.

Timothy Morrigan
Declan Hart

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Mar 21 2017, 03:23 PM
Timothy Morrigan
Group Icon
7th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

Well, if nothing else, the Professor was at least listening to them. So far as Tim could see, he didn’t really seem like he thought they could do what they were asking; but, he didn’t really know them. He took a deep breath and allowed his frustrations to flow off of him as the Professor questioned their preparation. With a nod, he agreed with Amber that they were more than prepared for what they were asking for. Professor Hart just needed to give them a chance.

“When would we be able to take the exams?” Tim asked curiously.

It was frustrating, if understandable, that the guy wasn’t completely trustworthy of them. However, that didn’t make Tim feel any better about that lack of trust. At this point, all they could do would be to demolish the exams and see where to go from there.

“That sounds fair, and if we do exceed your expectations, maybe we can get some of the other tests out of the way earlier. We’ve been working hard on this – I think that we’ll surprise you.”

Though, he suspected that they’d surprise the Professor if they even did passably well on the exam. It didn’t seem like the old soldier really expected anything out of them at all when it came to his subject.

Declan Hart
Amber Elison

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Declan Hart
 Posted: Mar 26 2017, 03:52 PM
Declan Hart
Group Icon
Muggle Studies Professor
Head of Hufflepuff
- blood status -
Muggleborn
- allegiance -
Pro-Muggle
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
6-September 16

Professor Hart didn’t miss the way the students tensed as he questioned their preparedness. It would be interesting to see if they were upset rightfully or not - either way, it wasn’t as though they could blame him for being unsure about how they would do on the exams. There was a part of him that was looking forward to seeing just how they did.

“We’ll arrange for you to take your exams next weekend. That way it will not interfere with any of your classes and you’ll be able to get just a little bit more studying in. From there, we’ll see where things go.”

“I hope that you do exceed my expectations,” Hart nodded, “it would be a pleasant surprise. As for now, unless you have something else - you may go, and I’ll see you back here on Saturday.”

*End Scene*

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Hogwarts Archives | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Complete
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse