Cryptic Conjuring -> Visiting Hours
It is October 2076.
The days in this month begin at 7.15am and end at 7pm. Highest temperature is 12°C and the lowest 7°C. Cold and strong winds are the mainstay for this month.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Rating

Click for Explanation
Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Amber -
Global Admin

- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
Social Media

Tumblr

House Points
G
H

S
R
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Board Stats
M F NB
Adults 18 15 0
University 6 3 0
Hogwarts 8 19 0

Hogwarts
First Years 2
Second Years 1
Third Years 1
Fourth Years 4
Fifth Years 6
Sixth Years 7
Seventh Years 6

University
First Years
Second Years
Third Years
Fourth Years

Blood Status
Purebloods 24
Halfbloods 29
Muggleborns 12
Unknown 1
Squibs 1
House Elves 1
Vampires 1
Veelas 4
Werewolves 1
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Visiting Hours, Amber/Tim/Maz
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Jan 11 2017, 02:00 PM
Timothy Morrigan
Group Icon
7th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

Ever since her attack, Tim had been practically seething. To the best of his knowledge, whoever had done this to his friend hadn’t been found and he was less than convinced that Norwood would do anything about it even if the person came forward and admitted what they’d done in the middle of the Great Hall. To make matters worse, the Headmaster and the Nurse weren’t allowing people in to visit her until they could ‘confirm that she was going to be just fine.’

Granted, they probably could have snuck in after curfew and gotten away with it. Maybe; if nothing else he was pretty sure that the Nurse wouldn’t have turned them in for checking on their friend. The only problem was that if they were spotted by someone else, or if the Headmaster found out about it, they were likely to be in rather a lot of trouble and that was something they were both fighting very hard to avoid.

During breakfast the Headmaster announced that she was recovering nicely and would be just fine before continuing on about how they were going to make it a point to find whoever had done this, and blah, blah blah. Tim didn’t stick around to hear whatever else the man was saying – if she was going to fine then they were going to get in to see her. He took Amber’s hand and quietly led her out of the room before hurrying down the hall to the Hospital Wing.

As he’d hoped the doors were open and he smiled when he spotted Maz. He squeezed Amber’s hand and then led the way over to where their friend was laid out before greeting their friend, “Hey there, I don’t know what they’re talking about – you look just as bad as you usually do.”

Amber Elison
Maz Cowan

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Jan 11 2017, 10:02 PM
Maz Cowan
Group Icon
7th year
Head Girl
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Neutral
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
5-September 14

Maz had been in the hospital wing far too long and was long past the start of the bouts of sitrcrazy. Jen had just taken the brunt of her last and had retreated to the bathroom. Maybe she saw something in her niece's face that showed Maz was at her line or even far across it. Being cooped up was not something that Maz knew how to deal with. Even when she was grounded at least she could get out of her bed and onto the balcony. Being stuck in bed was for the most part the reason she'd taken a lung at her aunt, the other reason being Jen becoming an overbearing pest.

Lying back on the stacked pillows the girl started at the ceiling with the typical huff stance of her arms being crossed below her breast. The clenched fisted tightened as much as they could leaving her knuckles almost skeleton white. She breathed slowly, in and out, counting the breaths.

When the door opened she hadn't changed position. Enough time had yet to pass and the Hufflepuff seethed still. From the corner of her eyes she clocked who entered and yes, a small smile did change her face quite remarkably but only for a second before the frown and lips thinner than an ink line returned.

Looking a lot better than she did Maz let out on short laugh at Tim's comment. "Aye, well ah've been here long enough noo." She wasn't snappy with him but she was pissed with the situation. Payment for what had been done to her was getting bigger all the time. Every second she was awake in there she was planning and re-planning. She'd had plenty of time, mostly alone and even when she wasn't the only patient she was separated by a screen. In fairness to Nurse Gellar the girl did know that was purely because she'd went for that girl weeks before. No reason for it, she just had.

As she opened her mouth to greet her friends properly she heard the bathroom door open. "You kin hop oan yir bike noo an' gee peace. Sick eh the sight eh yi..." with a small smirk she added, "An' if yi dinnae leave me tae tawk tae mah pals ah'll tell the nurse yir stressin' me oot."

Her aunt walked slowly towards her, a hardness to her eyes. Maz fought successfully to not cower into the bed. There was a worry that she was being over-confident in her belief that she'd come out better if it came to blows with Jen as it so often had. Staring back the whole time with more intensity than her aunt could muster resulted in Jen dropping her eyes first. "Fine, I can see you're just going to keep being... difficult. I'll be back later, got some marking to do anyway." As she had done each and every time she'd left since Maz had first woken Jen gently squeezed the girl's shoulder before leaving the room, completely ignoring Amber and Tim on her way. Maz gritted her teeth behind tight lips fighting down the bile ready to explode. It would only result in the nurse making her friends as well as Jen leave.

The door shut and Maz threw a mini-fit kicking her legs and banging her fists on the bed. "Ah wish she'd stoap fuckin' dain that!" the girl snarled. "Am due eh kick 'er right in the fuckin' clit so ah am."

The only injuries visible only showed when she smiled. Her mouth lacked one upper canine, a lower front tooth and it's opposite upper. Nurse Gellar had thought she could save two of the three but that had proven to be undoable. Maz wasn't worried, growing them back would take minutes when the inner injuries had been dealt with - especially now the nurse had found something that was working. Slowly but any progress was great at that point. Her pallor was still very pale but only slightly paler than was usual.

Finally, after her short tantrum had run off and she had calmed herself fully Maz smiled at her friends. "Borin' oot there withoot me?" She nodded towards the door. "It's a right barrel eh fuckin' laughs in here ah tell yi." She still wasn't over her initial huff at not being able to get the hell out.

@[Amber Ellison]
Timothy Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
-Mega thanks to Court for the set-
OWL
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Jan 15 2017, 08:16 PM
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

If Amber had been honest with herself, she would have to say that she was just as angry as Tim was about the attack on her friend. But there was no way she could be honest with herself. For someone who prided herself on her self-control, she had none when it came to someone hurting a person she cared about. The best she could do was not let the thought enter her mind, especially since she hadn’t been allowed to go see Maz at all.

When she heard the announcement, she looked at Tim, silently asking if they ould be going as soon as possible. His grabbing her hand was her answer. She was happy to see the doors open and returned the hand-squeeze as Tim pulled her along. She was quiet, quieter than normal when not in a private place. She just wasn’t sure what to say, what to think, or how to act right then. She wanted to squeal with excitement, find the guilty party to practice painful curses, and demand answers, all at the same time. It was very confusing.

At least Tim’s comment to Maz made her chuckle.

Her chuckle disappeared when she saw Maz’s face and her thin lips. She wasn’t sure she’d ever seen the other girl look like that.

She listened as Maz answered Tim, not knowing that their thoughts were almost identical.

She was glad that she’d stayed silent when she heard the bathroom door open. She really didn’t like that woman and was glad that Maz was sending her away. She didn’t care if Maz liked her aunt or not (that wasn’t always clear for some reason) but that didn’t mean Amber had to change her mind.

She looked away as Maz’s aunt had a moment with her niece and then left. She breathed an unintentional sigh of relief when the door closed behind the older woman.

“Why?” Amber was confused as to why Maz didn’t like it when her aunt tried to show some compassion. “Never mind, don’t answer that,” she replied to herself, as she tried to imagine how she’d feel if her mother had done the same. “I meant, why would you want to kick her there? I mean, you have no idea who else has touched her there. You might pick up something you don’t want.” She gave a snarky smile.

Her eyes narrowed as she saw the injuries that had persisted despite the medical care. Someone was so dead, if she had anything to say about it.

“Always a lot more boring without you,” she answered, tugging Tim over to a chair and waiting for him to sit first so she could sit on him for a little bit of comfort. She hated being there in the hospital wing, and hated the reason she was there even more.

Timothy Morrigan
Maz Cowan

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Jan 18 2017, 04:19 PM
Timothy Morrigan
Group Icon
7th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

Before he had a chance to reply to what she’d said, her Aunt appeared from the restroom and Tim couldn’t help but grin as Maz sent the professor packing. He had enough of the woman in class, he really didn’t want her hovering over their shoulder as he and Amber talked to their friend. He smiled brightly at the professor as she stopped by the bed long enough to snark at Maz and then vanished from the room.

“Well I don’t know why you’d say that, she seems to be a more pleasant sort than I remembered,” he said once she’d left the room and after Maz’s mini-fit, and then he added with a grin, “wait… what does pleasant mean again? Maybe I’m thinking something else…”

Then Amber’s comment penetrated his awareness and he couldn’t help but laugh for a moment before feigning dry heaves, “Thank you Amber,” he said with a smile and bumped her shoulder with his, “now I have the thought of someone touching her at all…”

“Here I was hoping that she’d been straightened out a little bit – but I guess it doesn’t sound like it.”

Tim did his best to ignore the visible injuries – feeling that Maz probably was well aware of them and didn’t need them pointed out again when she was all cooped up in the hospital wing. It was probably a good thing that Amber stepped in with a sincere agreement that they’d missed her. Tim was all set to continue to joke about it all to try and lift Maz’s spirits just a little – but it was good for her to know that she was truly missed too.

As Amber led him over to the chair by the bed he took a seat and held onto her hand as she took her seat on his lap as he asked Maz, “Do you know how much longer they’re going to make you stay here?”

Maz Cowan
Amber Elison

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Jan 21 2017, 04:42 PM
Maz Cowan
Group Icon
7th year
Head Girl
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Neutral
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
5-September 14

"Worst ae it is, ah know exactly who's been there... pretty much. An' still ah'd no fuckin' tire eh kicking her there. As eww inducin' as that sounds." The girl shuddered for the emphasis. "Pleasant is the problem." She answered Tim after Amber. "Ah cannae figure oot her game. Ah thought ah wid it furst but noo... she's even bein' nice when fowk urnae here eh witness it. Like suddenly she actually gives a shit. Pit me right aff mah stride. Or it wid huv if a hid any stride at the minute."

Half the covers were suddenly tossed to the side as Maz examined her still splinted leg. Her pyjamas had been cut at the thigh but nothing about the leg itself screamed of injury since the bruising and swelling had long been dealt with. With the super strength pain potions she was being fed there was no pain, not even a hint of it so Maz had little to go on when she looked at her leg. The splint still seemed to be in place and no bones were poking through the skin so she just had to assume her little moment hadn't knocked anything out of place. After covering herself again Maz took on a more relaxed position, her huff having lessened without Jen's hovering. She couldn't go anywhere so she may as well be comfortable where she was.

When reassured that she'd been missed, at least by her friends Maz grinned. "Jist wait tae am back at it. There'll be fuckin' fireworks an' no jist here at school. Nae boat hiz ever been rocked like am gaunae rock the boat noo."

"Nae idea, mate." Her shoulders slumped ever so slightly at the admission. "Shouldnae be long though noo Nurse Gellar's fun suhin that works. Did yi know regenerative potions dinnae react well way the werewolf curse? Ah've been proper aff mah rocker it times. Took weeks tae even git the blood replenisher tae take - hid tae be strengthened a lot. Nurse Gellar says that noo ah'll huv tae be mair careful eh injuries, no git in as much fights." Her friends were treated to a look that told them very clearly that that would not be happening. Even the nurse herself hadn't held out much hope of the new information changing Maz's ways." She didnae seem eh mind the fight ah started when it wiz suggested ah go eh St Mungo's though." Again she smiled. There had been no way she was leaving the castle. Many times in the past she'd been treated by Nurse Gellar. The Healer had been up to the task then and Maz had no reason to doubt her then.

"It's shockin' how borin' it is here though." Maz told them sounding pained. "There's next tae fuckall eh dae. Ah even asked fur classwurk jist fur suhin eh dae an'..." she paused for a moment to lean over and open the cabinet beside the bed. Like the top the shelves within were filled with sweets, chocolate and various others things she'd been sent. On the top shelf, squeezed in on the top was a purple folder. Maz pulled it free and thanked the stars when the rest didn't come tumbling out. "Ah sorted this fur yeez." she continued as she sat back out and held the folder out to the sitting Slytherins. "Ah said ah'd help way Muggle Studies so there, an easier eh read version eh whit comes up in the exams... way pictures an', well, ignore the drawin's... ah wiz pretty out it every time ah dun wan."

The folder was filled with page after page of the simplest explanations Maz could give for a range of muggle studies subjects. Where she could she'd included what the equivalent would be in the wizarding world. The photographs were cut-outs from magazines or from photos that had been in Maz's possession. And the less said about the drawings the better she thought. Maz knew the limits of her creative ability and she was more than happy to be restricted to what she had. She'd put a lot of work into it but it hadn't felt that way when she'd been doing it, the time had flown by and her initially sluggish mind had been pleased with the workout.

Amber Elison
Timothy Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Feb 5 2017, 09:11 PM
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

Amber giggled as Tim pretended confusion about the definition of the word pleasant. “You’re definitely thinking of something else. I’m not sure of the exact word, but it would pretty much be the opposite of pleasant.” She had a few words for that woman, whom she refused to call a professor, but none of them were polite.

“Maybe that’s exactly hat she’s trying to do,” amber told Maz. “You’re almost an adult now, right? You will soon have control of everything. She’s trying to make sure she’s on your good side so you won’t leave her with nothing?” It sounded good to Amber, though she would think that the woman would have been planning for that all along.

“Well, I’m sorry.” She blinked innocently, pretending that she hadn’t foreseen that exact reaction. “I didn’t mean to give you nightmares.” That was a flat-out lie. She knew exactly what she was doing. She wanted him to come up with a very specific way of erasing that image from his head. One that involved the two of them and quite a bit of privacy.

Amber grinned as Maz made her prediction about what would happen once she was out of the hospital wing. “Whatever you’re planning, I want in.” It had been way too long since she’d been involved in anything with Maz and she missed that too.

She smiled as Tim took her hand to make sure she would be comfortable in his lap. She didn’t think she would ever get tired of his doing little things to show he cared. Then, he asked Maz a question. She was very interested in the answer of how long Maz would have to stay in the hospital wing. She really didn’t like the fact that Maz was missing so much, and some of that had nothing to do with classes.

She shook her head as Maz answered that she had no idea how much longer she’d be confined. “That’s just sad. You would think they’d have come up with something by now that would help you.” She hadn’t even understood ho Maz’s little issue would be affected by potions, healing or otherwise. She’d never had reason to even consider it. “I’m glad it’s sooner rather than later,” she replied.

“How is it shocking that you’re bored in here?” she asked. “Aren’t you always bored when you’re confined to one spot?” She’d never seen Maz able to sit still for any determined length of time. She was surprised when Maz reached for a cabinet. Just as she was about to offer to help with whatever Maz was trying to do, the other girl seemingly managed to finish and held a strange folder. Since she was sitting in Tim’s lap, she reached out to take the folder. She didn’t open it. She just looked up for an explanation.

It took all of her self-control not to let her jaw drop when Maz explained the point of the folder. “Um, I’m sure I speak for both of us when I say we really appreciate this, but I have to admit, I wasn’t exactly thinking about holding you to your deal under the circumstances.”

Timothy Morrigan
Maz Cowan

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Feb 6 2017, 04:16 PM
Timothy Morrigan
Group Icon
7th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

“Hmmm… yes…” he replied, trying to stifle a grin and look serious, to Amber, “I’ve always struggled with those ‘opposite’ things.”

Tim couldn’t help but nod in agreement with Amber’s statement. If Maz was going to be coming into her inheritance soon then her Aunt could very easily be trying to get into her good graces. There was an outside chance, he supposed, that she could have just had a change of heart and had legitimately changed – but in his experiences with families; there was almost no chance that was actually the case so he didn’t even bother mentioning it.

“Yeah, I’m sure you didn’t mean it… now you’re going to have to help me get rid of those mental images; I hope that you’re up to the task,” he replied with a teasing grin toward Amber.

A frown appeared on Tim’s face as Maz tossed off the covers and he saw the splint on her leg. It wasn’t as bad as it could have been, he supposed, but the fact that someone could do that to Maz made his blood run cold. The frown disappeared into another smile, however, at her comment – he was glad to see that there were no signs that what she’d been through had cowed her. That wasn’t something he’d really thought was going to be a concern, but it was nice to have his theory confirmed. He nodded at Amber’s comment that she wanted to be involved with whatever Maz had in mind – it went for him as well.

“I hadn’t known that, no,” he answered, shaking his head, “but I’m glad she found something that seems to be working,” Tim squeezed Amber’s hand and agreed with her, “and Amber’s right – sooner is definitely better than later.”

As Maz said that she’d been told not to get in as many fights, there wasn’t anything that Tim could do to hold back the snort of laughter. Even if he thought Maz would be able to hold back under normal conditions – which he really didn’t; he knew there was no way he could see her sitting out with things as they were. With a pleased grin he said, “I’m glad they didn’t move you – but it would have been pretty funny to see Norwood try to shuffle you out against your will. We might have been in the market for a new Headmaster.”

It was as though Amber were speaking for him – the idea of being bored in the hospital wing was the natural order for things as far as Tim was concerned. He’d been in for a while a couple of times after duels that had gone bad and it had always been tear-your-hair-out boring. Then the folder was produced and he leaned forward to get a look at it as the thing was passed over to Amber.

Tim smiled and chuckled at Maz’s description and agreed with Amber, “Yes, thank you; we’ll have to give it a look. I hope you don’t mind if we frame the drawings though – I’m sure they’ll deserve it.”

Maz Cowan
Amber Elison

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Feb 9 2017, 07:46 PM
Maz Cowan
Group Icon
7th year
Head Girl
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Neutral
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
5-September 14

Maz shook her head at Amber's suggestion for her aunt's motive. "Jen's no that patient." She informed her friends. "And she's too lazy. She'd wait tae a week afore mah birthday an' 'hink bein' nice an' cookin' a couple dinners wid be enough." Even as she said it though Maz knew that when night came she'd be giving it all her thought.

"Aw wheesht." Maz told Tim. "Jist 'hink yirsel lucky yi huvnae heard the sounds that gie yi they nightmares."

As she smiled at them both Maz wished she could let them in on her plans. Even when finalised Maz was sure she'd want to get this revenge on her own. Though, for her friends sake she could make it a public kind of revenge. Let them see the fallout from whatever she dreamed up.

"It's no fur lack eh tryin'." Maz told Amber feeling that she should defend her caregivers. "I've lost count eh the amount eh poitons ah've hid doon mah throat an' ah've hid a wand pointed it me so often am certain that ah'll never flinch fae wan again. Can only be a good 'hing that."

"Naw ah mean am mair bored than ah'd of thought ah'd be stuck in here. There's literally fuck all eh dae." There were only so many things she could busy her mind with without new input and only so many times. "Am 'hinkin' ah've even got bored eh masel. Ever noticed whit an annoyin' bastard ah am? Cause ah huv." She grinned. "An' am only half jokin' tae."

Maz, as she usually did, waved away their thanks. "Like ah said there's nuhin tae dae here an' schoolworks been irritatingly easy." Of course any other time - when she had other things she could be doing the work would cause some annoyance. She chuckled at Tim, "Only if when yi've goat a hoose yi hang thum in yer living room. Pride of place." He hadn't looked at them yet to see just how ridiculously terrible they were.

Amber Elison
Timothy Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Feb 20 2017, 10:26 PM
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

“Well, luckily, I tend to know what you mean and not get upset about it,” Amber winked and giggled at Tim’s words. It wasn’t a flirty giggle. It was an honest giggle because she’d found it funny.

“Well, your aunt is more stupid than I thought,” she commented back to her friend. “A week to make up for years? I can’t quite see that happening.” If Amber had been in Maz’s place, that particular aunt would have been tossed out with nothing but the clothes on her back.

She smirked when Tim complained about the mental images and his following words. “Oh, I’m definitely up for that task. The real question is…will you be?” she gave him a saucy wink before turning back to their friend. She shuddered as Maz complained about the noises. If she heard those, she might have decided that Tim needed his freedom because she wasn’t sure she could bring herself to do anything similar ever again. Ugh! Now she needed to be made to forget images and mental sounds.

She squeezed Tim’s hand back, even though she didn’t look away from Maz. She wanted to show that she cared without saying something stupid. So she figured that she’d let her eyes speak for her. They held no pity, just a promise of retribution when the time was right.

She gave a giggle as Maz said she’d been told no more fights and Tim snorted a laugh. That was just a funny situation. Like Maz could really stay out of fights. “Well, if that’s what it would have taken to get rid of the Headmaster, I could almost wish they had tried to move you. But I can tolerate him if it means you’re still here,” she added softly, not really wanting to show a vulnerable side, even to Maz.

“It will be a good thing not to flinch from a wand. Can’t defend yourself properly if you’re glancing away every time it’s pointed at you,” she nodded. Then she shook her head in the negative. “I don’t think you’re annoying. Well, not much anyway,” she gave a quick smile.

“I hope it helps. I really hate having to do this whole class. But either way, thanks for trying, Maz.” She glanced through the pictures with Tim, nodding in agreement about framing the drawings. “Oh, definitely. I’m sure we can find a place of honor to hang them too.” She did wish she could give her friend things to do while she was stuck in bed, but her mind was blank.

Timothy Morrigan
Maz Cowan

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Feb 21 2017, 04:21 PM
Timothy Morrigan
Group Icon
7th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

“True enough,” Tim said to Amber with a smile as she giggled, “it really is a good thing that you know me so well.”

As far as Tim could see, Jen really didn’t seem the sort to be thinking that far out or laying truly devious plans. It seemed that Maz largely agreed with him, though he couldn’t help but grin at the thought of Jen Cowan as the evil mastermind. Regardless, Amber’s response more than spoke for him as well; family that didn’t actually act like family could go rot as far as he was concerned.

“I always have been before,” he teased Amber with a grin, “and just in case, I’ll have to get my hands on some pepper-up potions.”

“Hey,” Tim fired back heatedly as he tried to suppress a smile, “don’t say MORE things that are going to make me want to gouge my eyes out! I thought we were friends!”

Maz’s comments about the care she’d been under made him smile. It did sound like a lot of crap, but she was clearly being well tended and that was the important part. There was no doubt in his mind that she’d be able to put up with any amount of poking and prodding as long as she was getting better.

“How could you have not expected to be unbelievable bored stuck in here for as long as you have been? As nice as the staff can be, hours of this room are enough to drive me crazy; days might actually kill me,” he said with a shake of his head. Then he grinned and added, playfully, after Amber said they didn’t find her annoying, “Nonsense! I can assure you that we’ve all noticed what an annoying bastard you can be.”

He smiled brightly, “Of course – where else would they go?”

Maz Cowan
Amber Elison

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Feb 26 2017, 04:12 PM
Maz Cowan
Group Icon
7th year
Head Girl
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Neutral
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
5-September 14

While Amber and Tim carried on their flirting Maz looked around the hospital wing wondering if it was still flirting. Was it called something else if the people were in a relationship? As stupid as that seemed to her she couldn't find it within herself to rubbish it, the world was a very stupid place as she well knew. Maybe she'd ask Jen, if anyone would know it would be Jen. Even as she was thinking it over, questioning herself and trying to remember if Joey's parents (the only proper couple she knew) had ever said anything there was a voice in her head screaming I NEED OUT! THIS IS WHAT AM REDUCED TAE!.

"Naeb'dy ever said Jen wiz brightest."Maz answered pulling herself back from her mind into the room. "Brilliant way numbers but that's aboot it... oh an' gitting guys tae dae whit she wants but that doesnae take any smarts. Flash a tit ur sometimes jist some leg an' that's it. Ah goat aw the brains in the family."

Spotting Amber's wink Maz snorted. "Auld pervs dae that." after a very over-exaggerated wink she chuckled. "An' you," she spoke to Tim. "Jist be glad ah've no seen the reason behind the noises."

"Sometimes, Amber, yir the sweetest wee 'hing." Maz teased with a grin. "Dinnae wurry, ah'll never tell."

"Tim gits it." Maz told them and flashed a big grin then after a contemplative moment she shook her head and seemed oddly serious for her. "Nah, a person must own up tae their faults. Am annoyin' as fuck at times an' if ah wisnae me ah'd likely be kickin' me. Always thought ah liked mah ain company but..." with a shrug she let the sentence end. Of course she'd always like time on her own and would always need it but, maybe not so much after months trapped in a hospital bed.

Again Maz shook her head. "Yeeze urnae gitting whit ah mean." They just weren't getting it. "Ah expected borin'. Ah jist didnae expect this level eh boredom. Look..." she paused thinking fast on how best tae word her explanation. "This is a magical hospital wing in a magical school full eh magical[i] teenagers an' am the maist interestin' patient here! Aw ah've seen is fowk changin' colour eh whitever extent, breakouts eh spots, fowk way the cold. The fuckin' [i]common cold! Where's the fowk blowin' bits aff ur the fowk way extra elbows oan their arse ur extra arses growin' fae their ears? It's jist so... so..." 'Boring' felt much overused by then. "Mundane! That's it mun-fuckin'-dane!"

"Right front an' center above the fireplace. Make a collage."

Amber Elison
Timothy Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Feb 26 2017, 05:52 PM
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

“Well, I have known you longer than anyone else, I think. I should hope I know you by now.” At least Amber didn’t point out that it was half their lives to Tim this time.

Amber looked at Tim with a raised eyebrow, as if challenging him to need those multiple pepper-up potions. In reality, she wasn’t really challenging him at all, but it could be great fun later if he thought she had.

She nodded as Maz claimed to have gotten all the smarts in her family. “That is almost painfully obvious,” she commented. “But I would like to point out that Tim is smarter than all those your aunt surrounds herself with. He needs more than just a bit of leg or just one tit,” she joked.

Amber wrinkled her nose in disgust as Maz pointed out the reason for those sounds. “That’s just ew, Maz! Why are you trying to give us nightmares after we were nice enough to come visit?” Her voice had taken on a playful whining quality.

Amber let out an overdramatic sigh of relief as Maz promised not to tell anyone that she could be sweet. “Thanks for that. I would hate to have people knowing that I’m really nothing but a softie.” She flashed a quick grin. “But if you did, I’d have to tell everyone that you are a marshmallow.” It was funny because neither girl was soft in general.

Amber couldn’t help but nod in agreement with Tim about being bored in the hospital wing. She hated that place and did everything she could to stay out of it, as a patient at least. Visiting her friend didn’t count. She even remembered how, once, she’d spent the night in an abandoned classroom, in major pain, just to avoid the place. It hadn’t worked and she’d gotten a lecture on top of everything else.

“I don’t think Maz is annoying!” Amber exclaimed, to Tim. “Well, not much anyway.” Not enough to kick her, as Maz had suggested she would do to herself if she could.

Amber understood what Maz was complaining about, but there wasn’t nothing she could do about it. And she wasn’t the type to feel bad for not being able to fix something for someone else. All she could do was sit there, snuggled into Tim’s lap, as she listened to her friend rant. She actually caught herself wondering if she’d made a mistake coming here, just to listen to this, but sternly told herself to stop thinking that way. She’d be the same way if it had been her in that bed.

“We could do that, I think,” Amber agreed with Maz’s idea of a collage. “After we’ve had time to study this book. Thanks again for the help.”

Timothy Morrigan
Maz Cowan

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Feb 27 2017, 03:58 PM
Timothy Morrigan
Group Icon
7th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

As much as he didn’t really like Jen, he couldn’t help but agree with Maz’s description – from what he’d seen of her. She was clever enough, if not brilliant and she did seem to know the subject she was teaching. Then, an amused grin spread across Tim’s face at Maz’s words and he couldn’t help but nod in agreement.

His smile widened at Amber’s words and he said, “I don’t know about all that – I like to think I’m pretty smart by my head can be turned by a good flashing like any other guy’s. The trick is being able to catch yourself before they get you to do anything too stupid and I think I’ve had enough practice to be pretty good at that.”

“I am deeply glad,” he agreed with Maz with a smile after Amber’s response, “largely because I have no doubt that you would go out of your way to share the horror of whatever you’d seen, and that is not something that I have any interest in being a part of.”

Tim snorted at the interplay between the two girls. It was at least a good thing that they all seemed to be having a good time. It made him feel better that Maz was truly apt to get better.

Everyone had their moments when they weren’t awesome to be around; Tim was sure of it. It was just something that came along with being a human – not everyone could be super awesome all the time and he was more than ok with that. It actually amused him a little bit that it seemed like this was a conclusion that Maz was just coming to, but he wasn’t about to call her on it or anything. As far as he could see, it was just good luck on her part that it had taken this long for her to have spent enough time on her own to have just realized it.

“That’s a fair point,” Tim replied with a grin. As far as things went, it did seem like there should be more to a hospital wing in a magical school than what she was describing.

“If you’re going to be here a while yet, maybe we can arrange to send some more entertaining roommates your way.”

The entire discussion of the collage was silly, and it made Tim smile, “We’ll have to show them to Richard – maybe he’d want to hang some of them in his office; you know, to really show them off.”

Maz Cowan
Amber Elison

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Mar 1 2017, 11:10 AM
Maz Cowan
Group Icon
7th year
Head Girl
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Neutral
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
5-September 14

Maz laughed and shook her head at Amber's defence of Tim. To Tim she said, "At least yir honest aboot it." Then to Amber, "Nae straight guy is completely immune. Could just be that it'll take the right set of mammaries ur the better set eh pins... they'll be led somehow - it's biological. Poor buggers cannae fight that." She grinned. "Plus, if it's mah jubblies poor fuckers goat nae chance cause ah huv very nice boobs... an' legs. Tim's safe - he left The Game." Sometimes it needed the capitalization.

In answer to Amber's question the Hufflepuff shrugged, "Am a bit wicked fae time eh time." She nodded her agreement to Tim's point. She would tell, she would take great delight in giving that particular misery some company. Her friends should be thankful that Maz went to great lengths to ensure she saw nothing of the sort.

"Oh actually, you could dae that, Amber. Then ah'd huv some great fun provin' yi lied. Leave some right saire faces in mah wake." There was a glint to the girls eyes then at the thought of the future fights such a lie could bring.

She smiled at Tim's offer. "Ah tried tae make the wan's whit came mair interestin' but Nurse Gellar caught me an' threatened tae take mah wand." That was before the curtain had gone up around her bed of course, before some of the worst side effects came in to play. "But aye, send me some pals tae play way. If ah cannae fight thum ah'll jist huv tae laugh it thum while ah fuck way their heids." An easy task she assumed it would be.

"Fuck that! If they're gaun eh Richard ah want thum in the hall eh The Ministry. As bad as they ur they'd be better than some dozy auld farts sleepin' portrait."

Amber Elison
Timothy Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Mar 5 2017, 05:43 PM
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

Amber snorted at Tim’s admission that a flashing could get his attention as well, but that he’d had enough practice not to do anything stupid. “I should hope you’ve had enough practice not to do anything stupid,” she replied. Unless it was her flashing him, then it would be okay.

She giggled at Maz’s defense of straight guys not being able to resist peeking. “The same goes for bi girls too. I’m not sure I could resist a peek either.” Not that she would do anything stupid over a peek. That was the difference between girls and guys, she guessed. “He’s only partially left The Game,” she sent Maz a wink, sure that the other girl would catch her hint.

She shuddered as Tim mentioned the possibility of Maz going out of her way to overshare things she’d seen. All she could do was try not to let her mind come up with any type of pictures. “A bit?” she asked incredulously. “You’ve always been more than just a bit wicked,” she joked.

“You might be able to prove it’s a lie, but who would ever believe you if you said the same thing about me?” She knew that no one would ever believe either girl was a softie. In fact, Amber was only a softie towards those she cared about. If she didn’t care about someone, she wouldn’t care if they rotted in a ditch.

Amber giggled as Tim offered to find a way to give Maz more hospital wing entertainment. “Hey, anytime a Transfiguration happens, Tim’s more than likely to help out on that front. I just won’t partner with him for a while.” She usually did partner with him, if only to try to keep the catastrophes he could cause at a minimum. It was a very good thing that she didn’t really like animals, considering he’d killed every animal he tried to transfigure in any way. “So, you won’t be caught again,” she finished with a triumphant smirk.

“Ooh, that’s a good idea!” she exclaimed at the idea of showing them to Mr. Morrigan with the intention of hanging them in his office. “You do mean his office for the Wizengamot and not the one at home, right?” She giggled at Maz’s outburst. “That was the point of my question.”

Timothy Morrigan
Maz Cowan

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Mar 9 2017, 04:44 PM
Timothy Morrigan
Group Icon
7th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

“More than enough practice,” he assured Amber as he hugged her again and pressed a kiss to her shoulder.

“You’ve both known me too long to lie about something like that,” he replied to Maz with a grin and a shrug, before adding, “You’re both well aware that I’m a pervert by this point.”

Maz’s explanation of a guy’s weakness was spot on as far as he could tell and he could only nod in agreement as she spoke. With a chuckle, though, he interjected, “Oh, no. No, we can fight - we’ll just lose that fight every time. The trick is knowing that and confining yourself to looking. It’s when a guy thinks they can get all hands-y that they get in trouble.”

“It’s true, Maz does have a very nice set,” then with an exaggerated wink of his own and a tight hug of Amber he finished, “and Amber’s right, it’s not just straight guys… she’s also right that I haven’t totally left the Game, I’m just playing a new one and it’s a shame that you’re not playing the same Game we are, Maz.”

“From time to time?” Tim asked his injured friend, looking skeptical.

The banter between Amber and Maz made him smile, and Tim contented himself to sitting back in the seat and listening. It was common enough to hear them go after each other the way they were and it made it easier to forget that they were here because some jackass had laid Maz out. And just like that, with that thought, the anger was back again at whoever had done this.

“Sounds like a fair trade – I’ll see what I can do about sending up a steady stream of entertainment. Should be pretty easy since, as Amber pointed out, they haven’t realized what’s going on and kicked me out of Transfiguration yet.”

The idea of replacing the portraits in the halls of the Ministry with Maz’s doodles was an epic one and Tim couldn’t help but laugh. After a moment he settled enough to reply, “I don’t know – if we’re going that route, and I think we should, we can’t tell Richard. He’d have to say no. But there’s no reason we can’t hang them.”

Maz Cowan
Amber Elison

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Mar 9 2017, 10:22 PM
Maz Cowan
Group Icon
7th year
Head Girl
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Neutral
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
5-September 14

Maz nodded as they both said girls were the same. She didn't really see the relevance though since they were talking about how easy it was to get guys under control. "Naw, naw!." Maz responded to the insistence that Tim wasn't out of the game. "Tim left the game an' ah won. Nae takesies backsies." She mock scolded before folding her arms and adding. "Anyway, ah dinnae dae well way the whole sharin' 'hing. Never huv understood the notion if am honest." Of course she was exaggerating for effect. While the only child in her did rear it's head from time to time over certain things Maz wasn't a selfish person. Though she had to admit when she thought about it - she would always prefer a person's full attention if that's what she wanted. Not to mess around with a guy who was attached, however loose that attachment may be.

After laughing at Tim and Amber's almost mirror reactions to her wording of her wickedness Maz again mock scolded. "Now, now allow me mah modesty you two." Of course of all people Amber and Tim would know that one glaring trait Maz lacked was the ability to be modest.

"Am aff that idea..." she waved away Amber's question. Of course no one would believe Amber to be soft. "that idea doesnae involve me punchin' fowk in the mug."

She laughed as Amber spoke of Tim's terrible Transfiguration record. "Aye, wan lesson an' he'll fill the wing." While Maz was bad at Transfiguration she wasn't on a level with Tim. She'd passed the spells accidentally gone wrong and was now stuck performing Transfiguration spells that lasted less than a minute.

"That's the summer sorted then. We break intae The Ministry an' git rid eh the stuffy portraits. Place has probably been due a change fur hunners eh years anyway." It was fun to joke about at least. Fun to picture too.

Looking around to make sure the nurse wasn't watching Maz whispered conspiratorially to the other two. "Want tae see some'hin' cool? Ah've been practicin' wandless magic... no very good but..." Having quickly gotten the hang of casting non-verbal spells this type of magic was the natural next step for Maz. Looking across the ward Maz concentrated on an empty glass sitting on top of a cabinet. Turning her hand palm up and holding it out in the direction of the glass she slowly flexed her fingers in and out as if coaxing the glass towards her. After five repetitions the glass moved just slightly. Maz concentrated more, flexing her fingers slower still. Again, after another couple of repetitions the glass moved, slightly further than before. With a smile on her face and beads of sweat breaking on her brow Maz slumped back into the pillows.

"Well, am sure it'll come oan much quicker when am oot eh here." It was a mental ability in Maz's opinion was wandless spellcasting. A calm, controlled mind would be a benefit and, thinking it would help with her natural seer abilities Maz was constantly trying to control and exercise her mind. It probably helped too that her wand was right under her pillow, almost touching her.

Amber Elison
Timothy Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Mar 14 2017, 02:55 PM
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

Amber couldn’t help but smile as Tim pressed a kiss to her shoulder. She liked the little things like that, though she’d gruesomely murder anyone who made that public knowledge. “You are a pervert,” she agreed, laughing. “But luckily, not only have I gotten used to that over the years, but I like it too.” He was quite creative with his perversion, and she couldn’t help but be entertained.

She giggled again as Tim spoke about how guys lost the fight about looking. She would have said that he could get hands-y with her all he wanted, but there had been enough of the mushy stuff already. She didn’t really want to add more.

Amber didn’t mind Tim’s compliment to Maz. She’d thought the same thing herself, just probably not in the same way. She had no illusions that Maz would ever want to do some actual playing with her. Joke around about it, yes, but in reality, no. It wasn’t something that bothered her though. She did nod when Tim finished speaking. She wasn’t sure exactly what he said, but it seemed like the thing to do so she could pretend to have listened instead of going off in her own mind.

“Wait a minute,” she said, sitting up as much as she could considering that she was snuggled into Tim’s lap. “Tim left the game and Maz won? What does that mean?” Was there some kind of competition going on between the two that she didn’t know about? Was it something that she had known about at some point? She really hated feeling so confused. “But I will say that sharing can be fun.” She gave an emphatic nod. She liked those times, even though they were rarer than they used to be.

“Modesty? You?” Amber was back to being confused. Since when had Maz ever had any modesty? “I’d happily allow it if you actually had any, but even joking, I can’t see it.” She couldn’t even imagine Maz really pretending to be modest about anything for more than a couple of seconds.

“Then it’s settled. I’ll work on my own for a while and Tim can have a new partner every practical class until you’re out of here or say the word, Maz.” It would be easy enough to claim that she wanted to work alone for a while. The professor might assume she just wanted a break from cleaning up after Tim’s mistakes.

“Sounds like fun,” Amber agreed with Tim about hanging the drawings. “Just one question. Anyone in particular we should try to frame for that one?” She smiled as Maz mentioned the idea being good for summer. “Even better. With three of us, we can have that many more eyes watching out for interruptions. I still like the idea of framing someone annoying for it though.” Maybe they could forge a signature? Or would that be too obvious?

She was surprised when Maz managed a bit of wandless magic. She hadn’t even considered trying anything windlessly. Maybe it would be something to think about, or try, in the future? “That is cool. You’ll have to get better at it so we can see how much you really can do.” And maybe, at some point, explain her method. Amber didn’t like the idea of not being able to do something if she wanted to do it.

Timothy Morrigan
Maz Cowan

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Mar 20 2017, 09:16 PM
Timothy Morrigan
Group Icon
7th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

“That is lucky, and I will be forever grateful for it,” he replied happily to Amber.

“I’m not taking anything back,” he fired back, feigning offense, “I just changed the rules somewhat. There’s nothing wrong with that. And there’s nothing wrong with a little bit of sharing as long as everyone is on the same page with it – though, I’ll repeat that it’s a very fun page and you’re missing out.”

Amber’s question made him chuckle and he said, “Maz was teasing me before you and I got together… I think she was enjoying herself in getting me all worked up and then wandering off or summoning someone to come break things up,” he smiled teasingly at Maz.

“Honestly though, I would say that she was the one that lost since she didn’t catch me before I got my nerve up to talk to you and now she doesn’t want to play the new game.”

Tim shook his head and smiled as Amber gave voice to his thoughts; with a grin, he asked, “Like Amber said, how could we allow you something that we all know that you don’t have? You’ve never had any modesty and I refuse to believe that you’ve developed it in here.”

He didn’t even bother to restrain the laugh that escaped him as Maz complained that their discussion wasn’t going to result in her knocking anyone around. It seemed that she was feeling a lot better and that was a good thing; now she just needed to get out of the hospital wing. Having her back up and moving around would be the final step to setting his mind at ease and being able to concentrate on tracking down whoever had done this to her.

“I feel like I should be complaining about this, but after this many years it would be useless. We all know how terrible I am at Transfiguration. One would have thought that I would have gotten at least a little bit better after all these years – I think the Professor thinks I’m still mucking it up on purpose.”

Then he turned to Amber, “And if you’re going to leave me alone with others for class, you should hang close to make sure I don’t actually kill any of the other students.”

“This sounds amazing,” he replied with a grin, “I can’t wait. The Ministry needs a little bit of lightening up.”

“I don’t think we’re going to be able to find anyone to pin this on until we’re able to spend some time at the Ministry over the summer so that we can see who is actually there,” he replied to Amber with an overly exaggerated pout.

A bright smile spread across his face as Maz managed to get some effects, wandlessly, with summoning the glass. It was extremely impressive and Tim found that he was just a little bit jealous. Technically he had gotten pretty good at Occlumency, which was wandless but that was supposed to be. It wasn’t the same thing at all.

“Even in here, it’s more than I could manage. That was really cool,” he replied, excited for her.

Maz Cowan
Amber Elison

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Mar 23 2017, 08:07 PM
Maz Cowan
Group Icon
7th year
Head Girl
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Neutral
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
5-September 14

"Aww look it you two bein' aw sweet." Maz commented. "Sickenin'." she joked with a smile.

"There's every'hin' wrang way that!" She shot back at Tim. "Fowk cannae jist go changin' rules! Madness wid decend! Horses wid start eatin' people!" Maz always had been good at taking things to extremes when the mood took her. "An' ah cannae fuckin' share." She adopted a more serious tone. "There's a monster in me - An Only Child!" She paused for effect before smirking and adding. "An only child who won."

"Ah never summoned anybody... When did ah summon someb'dy?" She was genuinely confused. Had she set something like that up and then forgotten? That didn't seem very like her. "Nae missin' oot... plenty mair fish in the sea." She smiled brightly at them both.

"Ah kin be modest. Am the best at bein' modest." The Hufflepuff joked with her friends. It was doing her some good having them there. She could almost feel the levels of crazy in her system depleting.

Maz nodded at Tim's statement about what the teachers thought. She'd found herself that when a student was doing badly some professor's preferred to think it was deliberate. They could just write it off that way and ignore it... until something blew up at least.

"You be the injury." She said to Tim. "An' ah'll be the insult." She'd be good at that and it really would pass the time quite well. "Amber's the back-up. You kill someb'dy an' she'll cause a reaction so yi kin toss the body oot the windae. Foolproof."

Not realising that Amber at least seemed to be actually thinking of the hows of the plan Maz kept it going. "We could leave it as a mystery. It wid go doon in the history books as the greatest an' maist pointless eh crimes."

"Ah've hid a lot eh time eh practice." Maz shrugged off their amazement. She knew how many hours had been put into it and that fact took away from the overall effect she felt. "Ah've been wonderin' if the gypsy bloodline helps." she mused aloud. "Read in wan eh the books the nurse goat me that gypsies usually perform wandless magic only sometimes needin' an object as a channel."

After being quiet for a moment thinking it over again Maz said. "Whitever. Dinnae suppose that matters. An' ah doubt it wid be much eh a boost. Yi should gie it a try." She told them both.

Amber Elison
Timothy Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Hogwarts Archives | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply