Cryptic Conjuring -> What Do You Want From Me?
It is December 2076.
A cold month with the highest temperature being 6°C and the lowest hitting the minuses. December is cold, wet and windy. Snow will fall this month and when it starts it rarely stops.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Rating

Click for Explanation
Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Amber -
Global Admin

- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
Social Media

Tumblr

House Points
G
H

S
R
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Board Stats
M F NB
Adults 18 15 0
University 6 3 0
Hogwarts 11 20 0

Hogwarts
First Years 2
Second Years 1
Third Years 1
Fourth Years 4
Fifth Years 6
Sixth Years 11
Seventh Years 6

University
First Years
Second Years
Third Years
Fourth Years

Blood Status
Purebloods 26
Halfbloods 29
Muggleborns 13
Unknown 1
Squibs 1
House Elves 1
Vampires 1
Veelas 4
Werewolves 1
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Add Reply
New Poll

What Do You Want From Me?
Pavon B Sannesley
 Posted: Oct 11 2016, 07:34 PM
Pavon B Sannesley
Group Icon
6th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Unknown
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
10-October 14

It was the end of the first week and there was already very little to look forward to. The worst of the classes was the Muggle Studies one of course. It had a new professor. Some Hart that neither had a heart nor did he deserve its other meaning, of being a stag. It did make Pavon think of the Potters though. While it may have once been a secret about what form a certain animagus took, it had not been in the history books, long after. He sighed. Ok, here he was. Right through the door. He even walked to his desk and he wasn't late. He wasn't really early either. He was not in a hurry. He would have only been in a hurry to get out of the class room again.

After he sat himself down at the table he lifted his hands to rub at his temples. The headache was just what he needed, more. Maybe he could excuse himself and leave? He doubted it though. The professor did not look like the kind who'd excuse someone just because their head hurt. He propped a book - it wasn't even a Muggle Studies one, up infront of him. It was standing up, so that he could lean his chin against his elbow and close his eyes. If only he could sleep through the class. He was tired.

Glancing briefly over to his left, he wondered if the other two that were part of his group would come. The only reason he even came was to hopefully keep the points. He did not care about detentions, but points were something he preferred earning over loosing. He closed his eyes again only to open them to study his quill. It was a lot more interesting than the subject could ever be.

His bag was slung over the chair behind him and there was a roll of parchment in front of him. He hatefully remembered the notebook and pen that he had had to use thanks to Morrigan. If his intention had been to make him hate the muggle things even more, than that professor was successful. If it was anything of the opposite, he failed spectacularly.

Declan Hart

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Declan Hart
 Posted: Oct 11 2016, 08:00 PM
Declan Hart
Group Icon
Muggle Studies Professor
Head of Hufflepuff
- blood status -
Muggleborn
- allegiance -
Pro-Muggle
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
6-September 16

The first week had gone about as well as Professor Hart had thought it was going to. After all the years since he’d been an active part of the magical world, he couldn’t exactly say that he was surprised to find the school once again dealing with the Pureblood/Muggleborn divide; though, it was disappointing to see that the magical world had failed to move beyond it. It never ceased to amazing him that there were still parts of the magical world, in all its sanctimony, were still holding an accident of birth against its own citizens.

Fortunately, there was a majority of students that seemed just fine with moving on past that old ridiculous hang-up. Unfortunately, there was still a vocal minority he thought to himself as he spotted the Sannesley boy enter the room and take a seat at his desk. Professor Hart wrapped up his conversation with the third year Slytherin student that had stopped in for help before sending him from the room and turning his attention to the fifth year.

The boy almost seemed to be hiding behind a book. After several moments Professor Hart stood and circled around his desk to look down at the student, “I’m extremely curious Mr. Sannesley. Just how is it that you expect to be able to pass your exams if you refuse to put any effort into this class.”

“I will admit that I was a little bit surprised that you’ve bothered to show up at all – but you don’t pay any attention to the lessons and any work that you do is subpar at best. This is your OWL year – in case you’ve forgotten – and you seem to be hiding your head in the sand about this class.”

“Tell me,” he asked curiously, “just how is it that you see this mini-rebellion playing out?”

Pavon B Sannesley

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Pavon B Sannesley
 Posted: Oct 11 2016, 08:18 PM
Pavon B Sannesley
Group Icon
6th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Unknown
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
10-October 14

Pavon had little doubt that the professor who was obsessed and in love with muggle things, what he believed Hart to be, would single him out for not showing the same amount of enthusiasm. Of course he had hoped that the man would not come up to him and bother him with his questions. He bit his tongue before he would have allowed a retort to come out at the first question. How he was to pass his exams? The other, important, exams he planned to pass with as good a grade as possible. It was very clear to him that the knowledge of Muggle Studies, or lack thereof, would not hinder him in doing just great in those other exams. Of course he did not want to point that out because just like Morrigan, he had a feeling Hart would jump at the opportunity to be offended.

He kept his gaze at his book at first, almost pretending that he did not realise that he was spoken to. Hart was behind him, surely he could have been talking to somebody else. Nope, the fact he used his name, didn't matter. He took a deep breath to calm himself. His headache was having a ball. It felt like Hart was just making it worse. Of course he was. It was the hated professor who had the worst subject of all. Pavon was almost believing it to be an allergy he was developing to them both. The subject and its teacher. Any moment now and he would be breaking out in a rash and have his throat swell up while he caughed and sneezed and had his eyes all runny.

He took another deeper breath when the man called him out on the rebellion. He had to keep his temper down even if he felt an urge to shove the chair up a certain place of the professor. "...I am here, aren't I?" Was all he said, finally giving that small bit of attention to the man. His hands were still folded with elbows pressed against the table. He didn't even straighten up much. "I am doing quite well, if not perfectly great in my subjects." He could not consider Muggle Sudies one. It was a farce, not a subject at all!

"But thank you for your concern, professor. It must feel like a compliment to have a professor be interested in your education." He paused. "I will take it as such.."

Declan Hart

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Declan Hart
 Posted: Oct 26 2016, 02:33 PM
Declan Hart
Group Icon
Muggle Studies Professor
Head of Hufflepuff
- blood status -
Muggleborn
- allegiance -
Pro-Muggle
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
6-September 16

“If you were doing perfectly well in your subjects we wouldn’t be having this conversation,” Professor Hart replied after the brat had finished his attempt at sounding cool and unconcerned about what they were discussing.

“You’re also not stupid enough to truly believe that this is a compliment. I have better things to do with my time than have to babysit entitled brats that think they don’t have to do the work that is assigned to them.”

With a shake of his head he added, “You are a student at this school and until such a time as that is no longer the case you will show the proper respect to the people that are here to teach you and you will put some effort into the lessons that you are to learn.”

“This is not a discussion or a debate,” he added immediately, before the boy could even have a chance to fire back, “if you have not begun to put real effort into all off your classes – as assigned by the school and the Ministry – by this time next week you will just have to learn to deal with the consequences of your decision; and you can believe me when I say that you will not like them.”

Once that had been said he finished, “Remember, this is not a debate or a discussion. You will acknowledge and accept what I’ve just told you and then you will be on your way.”

Pavon B Sannesley

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Pavon B Sannesley
 Posted: Nov 12 2016, 05:54 AM
Pavon B Sannesley
Group Icon
6th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Unknown
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
10-October 14

Pavon stared at the professor for a few moments. Morrigan had a choice few words for the likes of him but this professor downright called him an entitled brat! Not only that but he did not even wait for a retaliation and accused him of lack of respect - ok fine, that was something that was true but then he loathed the subject too -. He huffed, hands curling up where they were. His temper was flaring at the words and it took a lot of effort to keep himself silent and not to tell the professor exactly what he thought of him and his blasted subject.

His eyes narrowed and darkened but he said nothing. Neither aknowledging what he was told nor accepting it. He instead seemed to wait to be dismissed so that he could leave and fume somewhere else. Throwing a few things around felt rather tempting just then, even breaking a window would have been a great release for his anger. That he was not feeling as well as during the summer did not help. His mind skipped briefly to the potion he had left at home. He bit at his lip and focused again on the professor. Well? Was he dismissed? Could he go now? He would not put more effort into his class just because he called him a brat. No, he was proud and his pride had just been hurt!

"Are we having a class now or is it finished and I can go?" He said testily, barely keeping worse from his tone.

Declan Hart

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Declan Hart
 Posted: Nov 15 2016, 04:36 PM
Declan Hart
Group Icon
Muggle Studies Professor
Head of Hufflepuff
- blood status -
Muggleborn
- allegiance -
Pro-Muggle
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
6-September 16

“Good,” Professor Hart replied as he moved back to his desk.

“That wasn’t a temper tantrum and if you worked on your tone and phrasing a little bit it could even have been mistaken for respect.”

“Be prepared to work in my class Mr. Sannesley,” he finished as he took his seat, “but you’re dismissed for now.”

With a wave of his wand the door to the room popped open, allowing the Slytherin to escape and get on with whatever it was he wanted to do with the rest of his day. Professor Hart had work to do and wasn’t about to waste any more of his time babysitting Pavon. It would be interesting to see just how the boy responded to being called out – somehow, Declan didn’t think the boy was going to learn a useful lesson from it, but he’d been surprised before.

*End Scene*

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Hogwarts Archives | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse