Cryptic Conjuring -> Summer Freedom
It is October 2076.
The days in this month begin at 7.15am and end at 7pm. Highest temperature is 12°C and the lowest 7°C. Cold and strong winds are the mainstay for this month.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Rating

Click for Explanation
Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Amber -
Global Admin

- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
Social Media

Tumblr

House Points
G
H

S
R
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Board Stats
M F NB
Adults 18 15 0
University 6 3 0
Hogwarts 8 19 0

Hogwarts
First Years 2
Second Years 1
Third Years 1
Fourth Years 4
Fifth Years 6
Sixth Years 7
Seventh Years 6

University
First Years
Second Years
Third Years
Fourth Years

Blood Status
Purebloods 24
Halfbloods 29
Muggleborns 12
Unknown 1
Squibs 1
House Elves 1
Vampires 1
Veelas 4
Werewolves 1
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Summer Freedom, Tim/Amber/Richard
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Jul 14 2016, 08:47 PM
Timothy Morrigan
Group Icon
7th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

There were no words to describe just how pleased Tim was that the year was finally over. Even not attending the muggle studies course, the stress of knowing that it was there and that they were going to have to do something about it during the next year. For the moment though he had absolutely no desire to even think about it. He just wanted to relax with Amber and unwind a little bit.

The elves appeared just long enough to disappear with their trunks to get everything put away in their rooms and he led Amber off toward the den only to drop onto the couch and stretch out. With a wry grin he said, “Well, that was an interesting year.”

“What do you think they’re going to throw at us next year?”

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Jul 14 2016, 08:48 PM
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

Amber couldn’t remember a school year being longer than the one that just ended. Even first year hadn’t felt so long and she’d spent the year dreading going home. At least there was no reluctance to go home anymore.

The Caer had been her unofficial home for years, but now it truly was her home and she wouldn’t change a thing. It was a huge relief to know that she no longer had to fear being made to leave. The fact that she lived with her boyfriend, and that she loved his grandfather as much as he did, were just icing on the cake.

She smiled as the elves met them and took their trunk to unpack everything. “They’re such happy helpers,” she laughed as Tim led her off to the den. It was one of the more comfortable rooms in the manor so she was happy to follow. Once he’d stretched out on the couch, she perched next to him, grabbing his hand and absent-mindedly playing with his fingers. “I’m not sure I’d say interesting, but it certainly was different,” she replied.

She shrugged at his question. “I don’t know, but I doubt it’s anything good. But why worry about that now? We have the summer to relax. I think we should worry more about having fun,” she told him. “So, let’s talk about some stuff we can do later. Any ideas?”

The only thing she knew that she really needed to do was check on the manor she’d inherited from her parents and make sure the wards she’d asked Mr. Morrigan for were working.

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
Timothy Morrigan
Group Icon
7th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

“They always are,” he agreed with a smile, “probably because we’re always so nice to them.”

The idiots who mistreated their house elves had never made any sense to Tim. Even if they didn’t go through and actually betray their owners, there would have to be countless little trick and slights that the jerks would have to deal with. Not to mention that the elves’ ridiculous enthusiasm was always so much fun to watch.

“Different is a good word too, but if you don’t think that ‘interesting’ goes far enough; how would you feel about horrifying?”

When she took his hand in hers he tugged on her, intending to pull her down so that she’d stretch out beside him – or on top of him as it would have probably been easier. He was really looking forward to the summer with her.

“We should be able to come up with something fun… we did say we wanted to see about getting together with Maz at some point, so that’s something. Other than that, we have all of the normal things like Hogsmeade and Diagon – we could go with Richard to the Ministry if you were at all interested.”

With a chuckle he teased, “We could make another trip out into the muggle world…”

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

“Why wouldn’t we be nice?” Amber asked. “They’re always nice to us.” Granted, the Morrigan elves were nowhere near how she’d felt about her own elf, but that didn’t mean she didn’t like them.

“Horrifying works,” she nodded, agreeing with him. “I don’t understand the reason for the changes. I don’t agree with them at all. And I think my least favorite professor is getting worse.” She hadn’t been sure that was possible, but now she did. And she wouldn’t make the mistake of thinking it couldn’t happen again.

When he tugged on her, she followed the gesture. She stretched out and wiggled herself halfway between him and the back of the sofa. She was still half on top of him. She reached for his other hand and linked their fingers together, just enjoying the time spent with him now that they wouldn’t get in trouble for public displays of affection. Though, she still didn’t see anything bad about just holding hands in the corridors.

“Yes, I’ll look forward to Maz’s visit. I also want to ask your grandfather if he was able to put the wards I asked for on my house.” That house was hers, but it wasn’t her home. This was her home. She wasn’t sure if she would ever feel differently. “Let’s skip Hogsmeade. I get enough of that during the school year. But Diagon is okay as long as we can go when it’s not too crowded. I really hate the crowds. It’s difficult to see anything when you have to shove people out of the way.” She made sure to make a face.

“Why would we go to the muggle world? I thought we only went last time because we were trying to avoid the press? Or at least we should save that for when Maz comes, right?” It wasn’t that she minded going to the muggle world exactly. She just wasn’t comfortable in the least there.

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Jul 14 2016, 08:49 PM
Timothy Morrigan
Group Icon
7th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

“I never understand why anyone are mean to them, but that doesn’t mean that they’re not. I’m willing to bet that Sannesley is a massive bitch to any elves that his family has managed to hold onto. You’d think that we’d have gotten past that as a people by now.”

A grin spread across his face as she agreed with him – even if he had expected it. Then came her concerns and he wasn’t too sure what to make of them. He always hated it when she brought something up or asked a question that he just had no idea how to reply to. With a nod he agreed, “It is extremely unnecessary but I’m still not sure what we’re going to do about it.”

Tim slipped his arm around her and held on as she stretched out on top of him and settled in. When she grabbed his free hand he twined their fingers together. After a few moments he leaned down and kissed her before settling back into the comfort of the sofa – he truly enjoyed having the freedom to do that without nosey Professors hanging around.

“I’m surprised he isn’t here yet,” he replied, “but we can ask him about the wards as soon as he gets home. Diagon will be hard to find a time when there’s no crowd – it’s the summer after all, but we’ll see what we can do. It’ll probably mean a pretty early trip, or a really late one.”

Then he shrugged, “Honestly, I’d meant a trip to the muggle world as a joke more than anything, but you could be right that when Maz comes to visit we’ll end up there.”

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

“I know,” she answered. She hated the thought of people being cruel to their elves, but she also knew there wasn’t much she could do about it. Then she shuddered. “Can we not talk about him during summer vacation? We have to see him enough at school. Don’t let him ruin the day.” Granted, it was evening already, so the day was pretty much over, but still.

“I’m not sure we can do anything about it,” she told him, sounding kind of depressed at the prospect. No one listened to us even after we proved it wasn’t just an anti-muggle thing.” She was afraid that they were going to end up having to buckle under the pressure and start going to that blasted class. She knew she didn’t have time for everything she already did if she had to add a new class to it. She would have to decide what, if anything, she could drop.

She smiled at him as he put his arm around her and then twined their fingers together. She was about to work at getting comfortable when he kissed her. Her eyes drifted shut as she returned the kiss. “That was nice,” she told him when it was over, snuggling in easily. She liked that he’d just been able to kiss her without worrying about any professor seeing them. And the snuggling was one of the best things ever.

“Me too, but I’m sure he’ll be home by dinner time. And yeah, we can ask him then.” It was a surprise that Mr. Morrigan wasn’t yet home. He was usually waiting for them if he didn’t meet them at the station. “Well, as long as we don’t go within a week of getting our letters, it shouldn’t be too bad to go to the Alley. We don’t have to avoid the place entirely.” She hadn’t been trying to make things difficult, so she tried to backtrack a bit.

“Well, we did invite her for a few days, right? I’m sure that joke or not, we’ll end up there unless we come up with better things to do here. I’m content just hanging around here with you, but that’s also just me.” She gave him a quick smile before changing the subject. “So, why don’t you ask one of the elves if your grandfather left a message for you? Maybe they’ll know when he’ll be here.”

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
Timothy Morrigan
Group Icon
7th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

Her reaction to just the prat’s name made Tim chuckle, but in general he agreed with the sentiment. No reason to worry about him too much when they didn’t actually have to deal with him. It was summer so they weren’t going to be required to see or deal with him and that was a victory all its own. This wasn’t the time to be focusing on any of the assholes from school.

It wasn’t like he really believed that she would have an answer to their dilemma, but it was still mildly depressing to hear her admit it. With a frustrated nod he agreed, “That’s sort of where I was at too, maybe there will be more letters in the paper since people have had to deal with their exams at the same time as this class and they’ve got a better idea what they’re looking at.”

“If there’s really enough outside pressure they’ll almost have to cave in.”

He really wasn’t looking forward to adding another class to his schedule. It was just going to be a pain in the ass and – like Amber – he was reasonably sure that he was going to have to drop something. Briefly it crossed his mind to see if he could test out of Charms early – it was a pretty easy class and then he wouldn’t have to sit through his dad’s lessons which would invariably free up some time.

“I’m glad you think so,” he replied softly, with a smile, “that means I won’t worry about doing more of it.”

Tim nodded at her words and replied, “I hope you’re right – it’s not like him to not be here when we get home though. Hopefully everything is ok.”

It seemed unlikely that there was really anything wrong – since there wasn’t a note sitting out or anything like that. But it still made him a little bit uneasy that his guardian wasn’t there when they’d returned. Fortunately, the conversation turned to Diagon and he chuckled, “I’m sure you’re right but it’s still gonna be pretty crowded so we should probably stick with getting there early or late. Maybe spend a night there in the Cauldron.”

“That’s true…”

As always, it seemed they were on the same page and he called out for one of the elves to ask after Richard. The small creature appeared in the room and immediately began badgering them to see if it could get them anything. He agreed to a drink and let Amber decide if she wanted anything before he could get a word in to ask about their Guardian only to be told the man had gone into the Ministry that morning and had hoped to be back, before the creature disappeared.

“Well,” he said with a shake of his head, “that wasn’t supremely helpful…”

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

“I hope so. Maybe we should write one?” As stupid as it was, she hadn’t written one during the school year. She hadn’t really wanted to showcase any difficulties she was having. “Did you write one? I didn’t really ask then and I didn’t pay attention to the paper.” She kind of felt bad that she didn’t know that answer, but in all honesty, it just hadn’t come up. “I know my overall class standing has fallen because of that stupidity.” She sounded quite upset at that. She’d worked hard to be one of the best, and the best she could be, ad to fail because of something she’d had no control over smarted pretty badly.

“We can always hope they’ll cave in.” Her tone of voice didn’t back up her words. She wasn’t sure that the issue would ever resolve satisfactorily. And net year was their NEWTs! She had to be among the best in the year if she wanted to be happy with herself. With the news of no transfers, that avenue was closed so there was no other school where she could make that happen. She took so many classes already because she had no idea what she wanted to do as a career, so she was hedging her bets and taking as many as possible. She knew she didn’t want to have anything to do with muggles, so she hadn’t bothered with that class. Why didn’t they even consider that the upper years would be too far behind to catch up anyway?

“How would we even find the time for another class, with all the homework involved with catching up on years of missed material? I’m, um, thinking I’ll have to quit Quidditch to find the time.” She had said that once before, but she truly did mean it now. She just hadn’t wanted to admit it. Tim had worked with her a lot to get her ready for tryouts then. She’d been so happy to have made the team. It was more time with her best friend. And they’d worked so well together. But it was either that, or she gave up time with him to do homework.

“I like when you do things like that,” she told him, just as softly. “It reminds me that my fears about us were silly.” Her smile showed him just how much she liked just being there with him and knowing how much he cared about her.

“I’m sure everything is okay.” Though, she was slightly worried as well. What was so important that he wasn’t there to welcome them back home?

She giggled as he said they could just spend the night at the Leaky Cauldron. “One room or two?” she teased him. Granted, it was a real question as well. At home, they both had separate rooms, but that was different somehow. It wasn’t like they never joined each other but it generally wasn’t something that ended up being planned, so actually planning something was different. “Either way, I like that idea. Go in the evening, wander around, grab some dinner, and not have to worry about getting back home.

She nodded and snuggled in as he called for an elf. She accepted a glass of water and some grapes to hold her off until dinner.

“No, it wasn’t.” Well, it didn’t sound like something bad had happened, but still. “I guess we just wait.” She thanked the elf as he returned with their drinks and the grapes she’d asked for. She sat up and gestured for him to do the same so they wouldn’t spill the drinks. She put the grapes in his lap as she snuggled into his side so they could share.

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Jul 14 2016, 08:50 PM
Timothy Morrigan
Group Icon
7th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

“That’s kind of what I was thinking too,” Tim replied. It was something that he’d thought about at school though he hadn’t been sure that it was the right thing to do and there was still a part of him that questioned it. The letters to the paper seemed like they would be most useful if written by muggleborn or half-bloods – and while he was actually a half-blood, he’d been raised in the Pureblood society.

“No, I didn’t write one at school,” he confirmed, “but at this point I’d have to think that every little bit helps.”

His grades had been slipping too. While that rankled more than a bit, he didn’t put quite the same stress on his grades that Amber did. He hated to think about just how that was messing with her and he made a mental note to pay more attention to that and to help her where he could. Then the conversation continued and the tone in her voice said that she believed they were going to cave just about as much as he did. Which, really, was not at all.

“That would be nice.”

“You ask tremendous questions,” Tim agreed. It was something else that he’d thought about over the course of the year. He couldn’t’ see any way that the school could legitimately expect those who were just starting the class to be able to keep up with their own year. They’d have absolutely none of the background to even begin to understand the basics.

“I was actually thinking that I might do as well.”

Quidditch was something that he enjoyed, but it wasn’t going to be something he ever considered doing as a career and between the added school work they were likely going to have to face and his desire to spend as little time around Pavon as possible, he was truly considering it. It had been fun to play with Amber, but with everything else and then with her dropping out he tended to think it wouldn’t be as much fun.

“Not silly,” he disagreed with a smile, “just fortunately not necessary. There’s never anything silly about worrying about stuff like that, so long as we don’t let it stop us.”

At her smile he leaned in to capture her lips with his again so they two of them could spend some more time just enjoying each other’s company and the freedom that the summer brought for them to be together like that.

When they’d finally separated and their conversation continued he assured her, “I’m positive he’s fine. If there were truly something going on there would have been word by now. He must just be caught up with something at the Ministry.”

“On the plus side,” he added with a chuckle, “he trusts us to be here alone.”

He laughed and answered, “One, of course, two would just be a waste of money.”

“That was pretty much exactly what I was thinking. If we’re going to be there late we can avoid the day crowds, spend some time there in the morning too, and then come back home once the mob starts showing up.”

At her urging he sat up and took his own water when the elf returned. He chuckled as she put the grapes in his lap and moved them off to the side and set down his glass as well. Then he leaned in and whispered, "I think I have some ideas on how we could kill some time till he gets home too..." before pressing a kiss to the skin of her neck.

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

“We don’t have to write now though, do we?” Amber asked, not wanting to because she’d thought of an extra consideration. “Shouldn’t we wait for our grades and class standings to arrive first so we have something more concrete?” If she could prove her standing had fallen, that would be better than just saying it, right?

When Tim mentioned that every little bit could help, she was struck with a sudden concern. “Um, how would us writing letters affect your grandfather and his standing in the Wizengamot? I’m sure there are some that would love to see him undermined as much as possible. I really don’t want to help with that.” Since Mr. Morrigan hadn’t been able to stop Norwood, would he be badly affected by their actions?

His grades had been slipping too. While that rankled more than a bit, he didn’t put quite the same stress on his grades that Amber did. He hated to think about just how that was messing with her and he made a mental note to pay more attention to that and to help her where he could. Then the conversation continued and the tone in her voice said that she believed they were going to cave just about as much as he did. Which, really, was not at all.

“I wish my tremendous questions didn’t have such horrible consequences,” she admitted. Normally, she’d be elated at such a compliment, she wasn’t this time. “I’m sure questioning the authority would not be a fun thing to do. But how else are we to understand their logic? If they have logic,” she shrugged. She wasn’t convinced that there was any logic other than pointing out just how badly, and stupid, those not associated with muggles could be made to look.

“Why would you give it up? You’ve been on the team longer than I have and you love playing. I mostly wanted to be on the team just to be with you.” As much as she realized that his time was lacking as much as hers was, she didn’t want him to give up anything he enjoyed, and as far as she knew, playing quidditch was one of his favorite things about going to school.

She smiled back and hugged him tightly in appreciation of his reassurance. She hated that she still felt the need to be reassured by him. She just wasn’t sure how to change that. She hoped it was something that time would fix.

She enjoyed the kiss he gave her. It was sweet and yet calming in a strange way. She shifted a bit so she could be more comfortable while returning the kiss. While there was a mutual enjoyment, it wasn’t one of those kisses that would lead to more. It was more about just enjoying the moment, not setting up the immediate future.

“I’m sure he’s fine too,” she answered. “The only thing that’s really worrying me is what could have come up to distract him and keep him away.” It was only the second time Mr. Morrigan had let them come home by themselves, and last year, he’d been waiting practically at the door for them. But he had seen them more recently, so maybe that made him feel more casual about them coming home?

“Why wouldn’t he?” she asked. “He made sure we both know how to be careful and he does know about the change in our relationship. He didn’t give us any new rules when you told him. I did expect some changes though. I’m glad he didn’t. I like not worrying too much.” She gave him a wink, just teasing him a little.

“Oh, I totally agree that two rooms would be wasting money. And who knows? You just might find someone you’d like for us to play with then. It has been a long while and we can’t do that kind of stuff here, so we should at least consider taking advantage of it.” She wasn’t sure if that would happen, but she was letting him know that she was definitely up for it if the possibility somehow became a reality.

“I think that your idea sounds like fun. With a potential for a whole lot more fun,” she giggled. “We should make that happen.”

She pouted for a moment when he moved the grapes away. Before she could ask why he’d taken her snack, he was leaning closer. Once he’d kissed her neck, she almost absent-mindedly handed him her own glass of water to put aside. He’d made her reconsider just how important her snack was. “Oh?” she whispered to his previous statement. “What ideas are those?”

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
Timothy Morrigan
Group Icon
7th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

“Not right now, no,” he agreed with a smile, “you’ve got a good point about waiting to see just how well we did. Besides that, right now I just want to spend time with you.”

Her concern about how their actions would or could affect Richard were shared by him. It was something that he’d been thinking about a lot since they started this and while he didn’t actually know for sure that it wouldn’t’ come back on their guardian at all, it did seem unlikely. With just a little bit of hesitation he replied, “As long as we steer clear of any hint of prejudice and stick completely to how it’s affecting our schedule and grades he should be fine.”

Questioning authority was usually a fun thing to do, but it seemed that this time it wasn’t going to lead them anywhere useful. It bothered him, mostly, because he felt like this was exactly the sort of thing they should be questioning but it could have real consequences this time. Tim found himself wondering what it would have been like to attend school when there was a legitimate war going on.

“The team now isn’t as much fun as it had been, and it’s time that I will feasibly need to keep up with classes. Who knows what they’re going to have us doing to try to keep up with what the people who have been doing Muggle Studies from the beginning have been up to.”

Tim felt better that she at least agreed with him that Richard was going to be fine, though he shared her concern about what it was he was up to. Hopefully they’d find out soon enough. Her reply to his joke made him laugh and he shrugged, “I kind of expected something to change too, but I have to admit that I’m glad nothing did.”

“We’ll see,” he replied with a grin, though he didn’t really expect that to be the case. It made him wonder just what Lottie had been up to – she’d disappeared completely and in a school as small as they attended, that was pretty impressive.

“I agree, so we’ll talk to Richard about doing that soon.”

He chuckled and set her glass down next to him before leaning in again and threading his fingers through her hair. Tim pressed another kiss to the skin below her ear and said, “I was thinking something like this,” and then captured her lips – this time with a deeper kiss, “and maybe something like this,” he said before kissing her again.

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

“I think I like it when you just want to spend time with me,” Amber smiled as she nuzzled him a little. “I want the same thing. Isn’t it great how we agree so often?” she joked, even as she snuggled in as much as she could.

“I can do that. I don’t like muggles, and I don’t want to deal with them, but that isn’t the reason I don’t want to take the class. It is an issue of scheduling it in and how my grades are. I doubt I’m even in the top ten of our year right now.” She really didn’t like that. She worked hard to get as close to the top as she could, even putting in hours of extra time into studying those things that didn’t come as easily to her, such as the defensive spells.

“I’d still hate for you to quit if you don’t actually want to. I admit that I enjoyed playing, but that was mostly because it was something we did together and that you were guaranteed to be there with me. But now, I don’t really need it just to spend time with you, you know? That doesn’t mean I don’t want to fly with you sometimes, but quidditch isn’t the best thing at school for me.”

“I’m glad too that nothing changed. Maybe he decided that it would be silly to try to give us new rules when he isn’t always here to enforce them?” Granted, her guardian could have used the elves to enforce new rules, but that was beside the point. There was only so much they could do as well. If Amber and Tim wanted to do something bad enough, they’d find a way and everyone in the manor knew that.

She grinned as he didn’t say no to her idea. She was pretty sure he would have an easier time finding an extra playmate than she would, but if it didn’t happen, she didn’t really care. What she cared about was being with him. She just enjoyed the extra games that came along with certain situations.

“Maybe next week? So we’re not running off as soon as we get home, but we’re not waiting either.” She hadn’t wanted it to seem like they just didn’t want to be home. She knew they both preferred home to almost anywhere else.

She giggled as he kissed the skin below her ear. She knew he hadn’t meant to but that had tickled. She did enjoy the kisses that he was giving her. “I like those ideas,” she whispered after the last kiss ended. “Anything else you want to do? Maybe something that would require us to relocate?” she teased, even as she started to stand and try to pull him up with her.

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
Timothy Morrigan
Group Icon
7th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

“That’s extremely convenient then because I want to spend time with you rather a lot,” Tim replied with a chuckle as she nuzzled in against him, “it is impressive that we’re on the same page so often though; it’s almost like you’re living in my mind…”

Writing letters that wouldn’t come across as petty whining would be a lot easier if they kept it to things that weren’t blood purity related and it was nice to know that they weren’t likely to have too much trouble with that. If nothing else, it gave them a starting point to work from.

He hugged her tightly and said, “I wouldn’t quit if I didn’t really want to. At this point though I truly believe there are less things keeping me there than encouraging me to go.”

Her theory on why there weren’t any new rules made as much sense as any others. Though, he supposed that Richard could have gotten the elves to help enforce any rules he set. Still, he hoped that it was just an issue that the man trusted them, and that was exactly how he treated them so that was the way Tim was leaning.

“Well,” he agreed with a grin, “he certainly wouldn’t have any way to enforce the rules that wouldn’t make us resent the hell out of the elves.”

“That sounds like a brilliant idea, then once we get back we can see when Maz thought she’d be available to come by. Though, before we make too many plans we should check and see whether Richard has anything in mind.”

“I like those ideas too,” he whispered back.

His smile widened as she stood and started trying to tug him to his feet. There was absolutely no resistance as he allowed her to pull him standing and had just started to follow her toward the stairs when he spotted an amused looking Richard standing in the doorway. He couldn’t help the blush that crept onto his face as their guardian said, “Welcome home! Going somewhere already?”

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

“Well, I won’t be stopping you from basking in my presence,” Amber giggled before shaking her head. “It’s not that impressive,” she disagreed. “It’s always been like that with us. But I’m not the one living in your mind. You’re the mind reader.” It was a long-standing joke, but it seemed like it was true.

She returned his hug just as tightly. “I just feel bad because I remember how happy you were when you made the team in second year. And then all those girls. And I mostly wanted to be on the team because it would be time I could spend with you so I made you work with me so much so I could be good enough. And we were really good together. And I really liked the violence of it. But my school performance is a lot more important to me than quidditch. But it’s not more important than you, and something has to give, as much as I hate to admit it. I’m not giving you up or my school performance.”

She laughed as he joked about the elves. “I definitely agree with you there, and that’s something coming from me.” If the rules had changed, she wasn’t sure she’d have been able to survive, being that close but being unable to do anything with the proximity.

“We really should,” she nodded. “But asking Mr. Morrigan first is a better idea. That way, if he does have something planned, we’ll know when we’re free and can coordinate better.” She didn’t really expect her guardian to have much planned. Outside of a few days when he took Tim to the Ministry and she went to camp, they didn’t really do much until birthdays rolled around.

“I should hope you do since they were yours,” she smiled.

She bit her lip as he helped her pull him to his feet. She felt a slight shiver go down her spine and she laced their fingers together and headed toward the stairs. That journey came to a sudden stop as she spotted their guardian. She refused to look at Tim to see what his reaction was as she just smiled at Mr. Morrigan. She was glad she didn’t blush as he spoke to them. She knew he probably had a good idea of just what they’d been up to. “Of course not!” she exclaimed, making her eyes wide, as if surprised that he would think anything of the sort. “We were just going to change into more appropriate clothes for dinner.” She shot him her best innocent smile.

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Jul 14 2016, 08:51 PM
Timothy Morrigan
Group Icon
7th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

With as long as they’d been having these conversations, Tim knew pretty much exactly what she was going to say and he wasn’t disappointed. When she called him out on being a mind reader he forced a frown on to his face – however, the fact that his lips kept twitching into a grin made it clear the it wasn’t real – and replied, “I was just about to say that… how do you know these things?”

“Things have changed since second year though, and you haven’t done anything that you should feel bad about. This is Norwood’s fault, and the Ministry’s for backing him on the class issues. And there are a few jerks on the team that make it not as big of a loss to back out as it would have been at one time.”

Then he grinned again, “The girls were fun, but I like things the way they are now – and we were great together. Likely because we’re apparently both mind readers when it comes to each other. Quidditch is fun, and it will always be fun, but you’re right that it’s not as important as our grades or as us. So it’s got to go.”

They would just have to be sure not to give Richard any ideas. He doubted that their guardian would do anything like that on purpose but he could see his grandfather finding the situation funny. With their plans largely on hold until they could talk to the man in question, it was time to start concentrating on the fun stuff again.

“I do have the best ideas,” he agreed with a laugh, “don’t I?”

The sight of the two kids, clearly up to no good, made Richard smile, and the response from Amber – as Tim blushed behind her – made him laugh. With a shake of his head he replied, “Very well – off with you then. Once you've changed, come back down and you can tell me about your year and we can discuss plans for the summer.”

With that said, he waved them off and shook his head as Tim led her hurriedly out of the room.

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

When Tim kept up with the jokes about mind reading, Amber just rolled her eyes and snuggled into him. As far as she was concerned, the joke had run its course but she wouldn’t keep him from having his fun.

She nodded and agreed that things had changed since second year. Things had changed so much that it was sometimes hard for her to remember just how long ago second year was, but it was really only a few years. “That’s true. It’s really not our fault that we don’t have time for quidditch. And yeah, I’m not even sure who would end up captain, and I’m not sure it would be that important anyway.”

She raised an eyebrow at him as he spoke. “I’m glad you had your fun, but I’m even happier that you’re satisfied with how things are now.” Not to mention that it was his entire fault they were in this relationship anyway. If he’d never said anything, she’d have gone on, pretending she didn’t have a crush on him. “Well, I’m sure we can find time for pick-up games on a weekend at some point.” Just not enough time with all the practices.

“Oh, you definitely have the best ideas,” she giggled. “And you know they’re good if I agree with them.”

Somehow, she managed to keep up with the innocent expression in the wake of Mr. Morrigan’s laughter. She wasn’t sure how she’d managed it, but was glad she did. Not that it mattered much in the long run. She was sure they hadn’t fooled him and when she glanced to see Tim’s blushing face, she knew they hadn’t.

In the end, she nodded. “We’ll see you in a few minutes,” she promised. While it would logically take longer for them to change, she didn’t see it taking forever. And she really did want to know if he had any plans for the summer for them.

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
Timothy Morrigan
Group Icon
7th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

“It’s definitely not our fault that we don’t have time for Quidditch. Add to that, the fact that it’s not even our fault that it’s not even as much fun as it had once been. There are much more entertaining ways that I’d rather spend what free time I have that isn’t going to be dedicated to classes and studying.”

Tim smiled and hugged her tightly, “Satisfied and content just seem to be such a ridiculous understatement,” he kissed her deeply, “I’ve never been happier than I am right now.”

Weekend games actually sounded like they had the potential to be a lot more fun than the organized games at the moment anyway. There was enough tension between the Houses and the school population as it was without adding the Quidditch competition into the mix. In fact, if the school didn’t find a way to reduce the tensions it was all too possible that they might have to think of temporarily suspending the House Cup too.

“Sounds like a good plan to me, even if not Quidditch I’m sure we could come up with something fun.”

Tim kept his head down during the conversation with Richard and then they were blessedly out of the room and on their way up the stairs to get ready. With a shake of his head he spoke up, “I’m glad that I went along with your plan of moving somewhere else rather than going with my initial plan of starting something right there on the couch.”

“That would have been a touch more embarrassing.”

He shot her a grin as they reached the top of the steps and said, “See you shortly.”

It wasn’t like he needed a shower or anything but he was still wearing his school uniform so he ducked into his room and quickly shed the uniform in favor of a pair of blue jeans and a grey t-shirt. Once he’d gotten his shoes back on he made his way back out into the hallway to wait for Amber – unless, of course, she had made it there first.

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

She nodded with everything he said. She didn’t need to verbally agree.

She smiled as he hugged her tightly. She loved hearing him talk about how happy she made him. She didn’t think she’d ever get tired of that. If there was something better he could say, she didn’t know what it was. She returned his kiss with all that happiness that she was feeling. “I’m really glad you feel that way.” As long as he kept saying things like that, she was sure that she would eventually believe he could be happy with her and without the hunt that she still feared.

“Oh?” she asked. “Like what? Time in the library?” she teased. “Next year be just as hard as this year, I think, even without the OWLs.” After all, sixth year was all about getting ready for NEWTs, right? At least there were none other than the normal end of year exams to worry about.

She was glad when Mr. Morrigan let them go so easily.

“You actually wanted to, on the couch? When we knew he could be home any minute?” She was incredulous. She had no idea what to think about that particular confession. “I’m just surprised that you just stood there blushing. I didn’t know you could blush anymore,” she joked. She’d thought she’d be the one blushing.

“Just a touch?” she giggled. “I’m pretty sure that if he caught us in the act, new rules would be made. And I’d rather not find out what those things are. Unless you want to be surprised with warded rooms one day.” That was one thing she didn’t want happening.

She smiled back as he went into his room and turned to go into her own room to change.

The all-day traveling had made her feel kind of disgusting, so she’d actually decided to take a quick shower. Within ten minutes, she was in, bathed, and out and dried off. In her towel, she’d gone back into her room to find some clothes. She settled on shorts and a cute top. After putting on her shoes and socks, she was ready.

It was a surprise that Tim had beaten her, but she guessed he hadn’t showered. “Ready?” she asked, linking their fingers together.

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Jul 14 2016, 08:52 PM
Timothy Morrigan
Group Icon
7th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

“I am too,” he replied sincerely before hugging quickly hugging her again just as they started to pull apart and stand up. It amazed him that just a couple of months ago they’d still been dancing around each other and he’d largely been ignoring his feelings on the matter. So far as he was concerned, this was a vastly better situation.

Her teasing made him laugh and he answered, “I think we both know that wasn’t even remotely what I was thinking about. I’d be an awful boyfriend if – alone on a couch in an empty house with you – I was thinking about the library.”

“You’re right though – this isn’t going to be an easy year, even without a major exam to cap it off.”

“Yeah, I don’t have anything against the couch – and I’m not exactly thinking straight when it’s just you and I like that. Ideally we wouldn’t be caught by anyone unless it was a part of a plan but I can’t guarantee I’ll be able to remember that when we’re in that sort of situation like that.”

Her joke made him chuckle and shake his head, “I don’t blush often – but there’s something about getting walked in on by Richard. I just am clearly not ready for that.”

Tim couldn’t do anything else but nod to what she’d said. If they’d actually been in the middle of something truly embarrassing, there wasn’t any way that Richard was just going to let that go. They would be a lot of rule changes and things were almost certain to not be the same anymore at home. That wasn’t something that he really wanted to mess around with.

“Not so much, no.”

“Always,” he agreed as she twined their hands together.

Richard was seated in the informal dining room, with a paper and a cup of coffee. When the couple came down the stairs he set down the paper and looked up with a smile, “I hope you two had a good end of the year.”

“How did your OWLs go?”

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Jul 14 2016, 08:52 PM
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

“Actually, you do have some very comfortable chairs in the library too,” Amber teased. “So why wouldn’t you at least consider it?” She did have to smile softly when he called himself her boyfriend though. It still felt new and exciting and she hoped that would never change.

She sighed as he agreed with her. She’d kind of wanted him to lie and say the year would be easy, but she knew the truth was better.

“Oh, the couch is comfortable, but maybe we should try thinking. Not that I don’t love knowing that I make it hard for you to think, but still. I’m not really sure what kind of plan getting caught would be though.” Was there a situation like that? She couldn’t really think of one right then.

“Well, I don’t think we fooled him really. But I’m glad I wasn’t the one blushing. Now I can just tease you about it.” She smiled brightly. Even though she didn’t want to be caught by Mr. Morrigan in any kind of compromising position, she looked forward to seeing if teasing him made him blush as well.

She giggled when he said he was always ready. “Oh, but I meant to get ready for dinner, not anything else.”

Amber smiled back at her guardian. She honestly couldn’t remember when she’d last smiled so much. And these were real smiles too. It was strange, but in a good way. She nodded to the question as she took her normal seat. “It was for the most part,” she replied, glancing at Tim to see if he had anything to add.

Her smile fell when Mr. Morrigan asked about the OWLs. “Um, I think I mostly did well except for the Muggle Studies one. I’m pretty sure I failed that one. I tried to do independent study for it, but there was a lot covered in third and fourth years that I never learned since I wasn’t in the class.” Not that she’d attended it this year either, but at least she’d tried to learn the material.

She bit her lip and looked up at her guardian. She’d never failed before and it was obvious that it was weighing on her. “I’m, um, quitting the quidditch team so I have more time for the class and the extra homework of catching up next year.” Just because she didn’t like the class, or having to take it, didn’t mean she wanted to fail again. And if things didn’t change, she wouldn’t have a choice in taking the class.

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse