Cryptic Conjuring -> Cementing The Decision
It is October 2076.
The days in this month begin at 7.15am and end at 7pm. Highest temperature is 12°C and the lowest 7°C. Cold and strong winds are the mainstay for this month.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Rating

Click for Explanation
Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Amber -
Global Admin

- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
Social Media

Tumblr

House Points
G
H

S
R
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Board Stats
M F NB
Adults 18 15 0
University 6 3 0
Hogwarts 8 19 0

Hogwarts
First Years 2
Second Years 1
Third Years 1
Fourth Years 4
Fifth Years 6
Sixth Years 7
Seventh Years 6

University
First Years
Second Years
Third Years
Fourth Years

Blood Status
Purebloods 24
Halfbloods 29
Muggleborns 12
Unknown 1
Squibs 1
House Elves 1
Vampires 1
Veelas 4
Werewolves 1
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Complete
New Poll

Cementing The Decision, Amber/Tim
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Apr 12 2016, 07:13 PM
Timothy Morrigan
Group Icon
7th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

A week had passed and the weekend was rolling around again. Richard had let them know that they were going to be headed back to school on Monday and Tim realized that they were going to have to have a follow-up to their earlier conversation again. Amber hadn’t been in the best of shape the last time and more than anything Tim had been reacting out of fear.

With a day or so to come to terms with what they’d talked about he was anxious to have that conversation again. The sun hadn’t come up yet but his ability to get back to sleep was completely shot. Wanting to get as early a start as he could, Tim slipped out of bed and pulled on a t-shirt and pair of sweatpants before padding across the hall to Amber’s room again.

He couldn’t tell in the dark if she was awake or not yet, so – assuming that she was sleeping – he crept silently across the floor and slipped into the bed behind her, slipping his arm around her waist.

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Apr 12 2016, 07:14 PM
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

It had been a hard few days healing. If she moved weirdly, she’d had a twinge in her side. On the other hand, she had tried out the bathtub charms and had enjoyed them immensely. It was so relaxing to be able to just lay back and enjoy the hot water. She was also glad to have found that there was apparently a charm to keep the water hot as well. It had helped with her healing just as much as resting had.

All in all, she hadn’t been happy initially to have to stay for another week. She could see the work piling up that she’d have to make up in her mind’s eye. But she knew Mr. Morrigan was right in making sure she was all healed up. Besides, taking an extra week off would also help the guise of grieving for her mother. Not that she’d really thought about the woman often. Just when the story showed up in the papers. She was sincerely hoping that it would be old news every day.

She was getting used to being home and wasn’t looking forward to returning to school after the weekend, but it wasn’t the weekend and she was taking advantage of being able to sleep in a room of her own where things weren’t warded against snoopers.

That was why, at first, she wasn’t happy to be woken up before it was daylight a week after the healer pronounced her on her way to being well. Then she realized what had woken her up. Tim had joined her and was holding her closely. She snuggled back into his chest as she drifted off once more.

When she next woke, the sun was coming in through her window and she’d somehow rolled over and was, once again, using Tim’s chest as her pillow. She blinked a few times to clear the sleep from her vision before looking up at his face. “Morning,” she said softly. “You make a good pillow.”

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Apr 12 2016, 07:15 PM
Timothy Morrigan
Group Icon
7th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

Falling asleep hadn’t exactly been the plan, but Tim smiled as he woke to the sound of Amber’s voice. The bed was really warm with her curled around him the way she was and he was tempted to go back to sleep. Though, as soon as he woke up he knew he was going to be awake for the foreseeable future. A small smile spread across his face as he hugged her and replied, “Morning to you too.”

“I’m glad that I’m comfortable.”

“How did you sleep?” he asked as hugged her again, trying not to dislodge her too much. From what he’d seen her healing had been coming through pretty well so he didn’t really expect too much of a complaint from her, but he still wanted to be sure.

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

She smiled back when he’d greeted her in return. She had no idea why he’d ended up in her bed, but she wasn’t complaining. She would ask him but not right then. She ignored the fact that she’d slept much better and much more restfully after he’d joined her.

“It must be some kind of talent,” she teased him. “So, what spells are you using to make sure I think you’re comfortable?”

She hugged him back, thinking about how to answer his question. Should she admit her thoughts? Or should she keep them to herself, at least for now? “I slept well,” she said slowly, stalling for time to make her decision. Then it was made. “I slept better after you came in though.” There. She said it. So why did she feel so strangely for admitting that out loud? Was it because she’d just barely admitted it to herself.

“That being said, why did you sneak in here?” she asked curiously. It was obvious from her expression that she wasn’t upset about it. “Aren’t you done worrying about me yet?”

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
Timothy Morrigan
Group Icon
7th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

Her teasing made him laugh and he poked her into the side as he did his best to paint an arrogant look on his face as he replied, “You say that as though you think I actually need to know that sort of spell,” the grin fought its way back onto his face and he finished, “by this point you think you’d know me well enough to know that it’s all raw talent.”

It made him happy that she seemed legitimately glad to see him there when she’d woken up. The only time they’d woken up together before – when she hadn’t come to him – was when they’d spent the night with Lottie and he hadn’t been sure that she wouldn’t think he was encroaching on her space. It boded very well for what he’d wanted to talk to her about.

“I’m glad to hear that,” he replied happily as he hugged her again.

Tim nodded at her question and thought for a second about how to word his reply. After he’d put his thoughts into order he started out, “I only snuck in because I wasn’t sure if you were awake yet. I’m glad I did though, because it turned out that you weren’t.”

“As for why I came in at all, I’d woken up and hadn’t been able to fall back asleep.”

Then he grinned at her, “You’re surprisingly comfortable too, you know? Once I’d gotten in bed here with you I was out like a light.”

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

She squeaked slightly as he poked her. She hadn’t been expecting that and it had kind of tickled. “Well then, I’m glad that you have such a talent,” she giggled. “Do you have any other talents I should know about that pertain to sleeping?” Not that she expected an answer from that, unless he wanted to point out just how late he could sleep.

“I’m sure you are glad to hear it,” she laughed as he hugged her again. “Otherwise, you probably wouldn’t be very happy right now if you’d kept me up after falling back to sleep.”

She nuzzled in for another snuggle. “I’m glad you snuck in. You did wake me up as you crawled into bed with me, but I was able to go back to sleep easily.” Considering that he’d only woken her up because he’d been wrapping his arms around her, she wasn’t surprised that she’d slept again deeply.

“You woke up before it was even morning?” She knew it was still dark when he’d come in and wasn’t sure what to think about that. He normally slept a lot later than she did. This past week wasn’t any indication of that, but the past week hadn’t exactly been normal either.

She smiled back. “Glad I could help.” She studied his face. He wasn’t lying, but she couldn’t shake the feeling that he wasn’t being totally honest either. “I’m glad you slept more and that you look rested and all, but really. I’m sure it wasn’t just for snuggling that you snuck in here. I don’t mind, of course, but I’m curious. I haven’t been in any health danger for a few days now, and you’d stopped sleeping in here.” So why was he there now?

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Apr 12 2016, 07:16 PM
Timothy Morrigan
Group Icon
7th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

The squeak that escaped her made him smile; generally he tried not to go out of his way to tickle her and he often forgot just how ticklish she could be. Her question made him smile and, despite knowing that she was kidding, he gave it some thought before replying, “Well, I’ve taken enough lessons from Richard about the Wizengamot and all of its inner workings, that I’d probably also be a skilled healer of insomnia…”

“There are probably more skills, but I’d have to give it some more thought,” he finished with a playful smile.

He laughed again as she pointed out that he’d probably be a lot less happy if she’d been woken up when he’d come in and hadn’t been able to get back to sleep. That was something he hadn’t thought about when he’d initially come up with the idea and he was beyond glad that it hadn’t come up. With a grin he pretended to wipe sweat off his brow in relief.

At her prompting, he gave her another hug. It still made him smile to hear her say that she’d slept better just having him there. Considering how often he heard her comment on how difficult it was to sleep sometimes, he considered that to be a massive victory.

“It was technically morning,” he disagreed with a small smile.

“My brain just wouldn’t shut up,” he confirmed with a nod, “I haven’t been too worried about you healing up for a few days. Honestly, I just kept coming back to the conversation we’d had the day after I cut you up.”

Tim hesitated and then just came out and asked quietly, “I was worrying about whether that was something you still wanted to try; because I do.”

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

“Oh, I’m sure you could cure my insomnia if you went all political. Unfortunately, we don’t seem to have insomnia at the same time,” she joked back. Not that she’d ever ask him to give her a political rant just for the fun of it. If something was happening that she wasn’t sure about, then she’d ask him then, and how it would affect them.

“Well, as soon as you figure out what those skills are, let me know,” she winked back at his playful smile. If she was totally honest, she wasn’t even sure what kind of skills they were discussing, but it was still a fun conversation anyway.

She rolled her eyes as he pretended to be very relieved that she wasn’t upset at him. She was laughing though. He could be quite funny when he wanted to be.

She hid a smile as he took her hint to hug her once more. Was there anything better than hugs from her best friend? If there was, she hadn’t found it yet and wasn’t actually looking for anything better either. Sure, there were things that might feel better in the moment, but for long-term stuff? Knowing that she had someone there for her no matter what would win out every time.

“And you were awake before me,” she pointed out. “That generally means that something has you unsettled.” She was hoping that he wasn’t still worried about her. She was fine now and had been for a few days.

She nodded as he admitted that something had woken him. “I’m glad you finally quit worrying about me,” she told him. Sure, she’d enjoyed knowing how much he and her guardian cared about her, but by the time she’d said she was fine, she’d gotten tired of being the object of worry. Then he mentioned The Conversation. Since he hadn’t brought it up since, she’d wondered if it had been some type of dream or if he had just been so upset and guilty over hurting her that he’d misread his feelings and regretted talking to her about such things. Not being sure meant that she hadn’t brought it up either. She’d just tried to put it out of her mind and pretend it hadn’t happened.

When he spoke, she’d only heard the first part and she wondered if he was afraid that she’d hold him to it until her mind processed the last part. She wasn’t sure what to say. While she did like the idea of them being together, she wasn’t sure how their friendship would survive if things went south. On the other hand, what if he just thought he wanted to? What would happen if someone else caught his eye? “Um, which part?” she asked, stalling for time as she tried to figure out if he was talking about the first part of that conversation where he mentioned them being together yet still having freedom to do whatever and whoever or if he meant the part of trying to go exclusive with just the occasional extra.

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
Timothy Morrigan
Group Icon
7th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

“That is unfortunate,” he agreed with a chuckle, “at least then we wouldn’t have to be awake and alone. You know, that at school you can come wake me up if you can’t sleep since you can at least get up those stairs.”

It still amused him endlessly that the charms prevented the guys from going into the girl’s dorm, but not vice versa as though that was going to stop anything. There was a part of him that truly wondered why nobody changed the stairs – to add them to both sets of stairs or just to remove them entirely. As things stood they were little more than an archaic joke.

With a laugh, he agreed, “I’ll do that.”

Tim smiled and shrugged at her words, it might have been a bit over the top to say that he’d given up on being worried about her. Odds were good that he’d always worry about her, but at the moment he was sure she was going to heal up and, besides, there was no doubt in his mind that that wasn’t what she was talking about at all.

“The last part,” he replied without hesitation.

“The part where you and I are a couple. In thinking about it,” which he’d been doing rather a lot of over the past week, “I don’t think I’m nearly as comfortable with the idea of us both just running around on our own as I’d made it sound. I’m not averse to the occasional guest for a bit of fun, but I’d like to give it a try being largely just you and I.”

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

“Thanks for the offer,” she replied. She didn’t think she’d ever take him on it though. No sense in both of them being sleep-deprived. That wasn’t the only reason. What if someone else saw her if she ever tried that? Hadn’t they both had enough of the gossip?

“Somehow, I don’t think you would avoid doing that,” she giggled. He wasn’t a braggart or anything, but he did know that she didn’t mind hearing about his accomplishments. She was proud of those, and she liked knowing that he told her that kind of thing.

The last part? Oh, Merlin. He really was putting her on the spot, wasn’t he?

She was silent, not even looking at him, as he spoke. She just snuggled into his chest as she listened to him. At the same time, her mind was whirling. Them? A couple? She was afraid of the ramifications of anything going wrong. If another girl caught his eye, she’d be hurt. If someone else caught her eye, he’d be hurt. Granted, he was more used to having a variety than she was. Could he really be happy just with her?

What it came down to, right then, was did she want to risk something going wrong or did she want to wonder what if for the rest of her life? As it was, there was no one she was closer to than him, so if that was a good base, then why not? It would be better to know than to wonder. And if anything did go wrong, she trusted that their friendship was strong enough to survive.

“If you’re sure that you could be happy just with me, then I think I’d like to try too.” And there it was. Why was her stomach freaking out? “Are you still not wanting to advertise such a big change? I mean, it’s really no one’s business.” On the other hand, it would be nice if his past conquests knew he was off-limits, but she wouldn’t push for anything like that. She wasn’t sure she was comfortable with everyone speculating on why they’d ended up together. Would people just see it as a natural thing? Or would they decide she’d trapped him somehow? She didn’t think she could deal with the last one at all.

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Apr 12 2016, 07:17 PM
Timothy Morrigan
Group Icon
7th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

It worried him a bit that she was so still and quiet as he explained what it was that he’d meant. While he hadn’t exactly expected her to jump for joy or anything like that, he’d been hoping for at least a little bit more of a positive response. As it was, it almost seemed like she was actually scared about it. He would have been lying to say that he wasn’t a little worried about it – but he wasn’t scared.

“You’ve always been the one to make me happy,” he replied with a nod.

“I’m not going to say that the others weren’t fun, but they were never the ones to make me happy. I’m sure that I want to give you and I a try, and I’m not convinced that it’s that big of a risk.”

Then he shook his head, “I’m still not looking to take out an ad in the Prophet, but I’ve got no problem with telling people as long as you don’t. There are some people that should probably be in the loop with us.”

“After all, I’d like to think that the girls at school would pick up on the fact that I’m not chasing them anymore, but it wouldn’t hurt for it to be general knowledge that I’m off the market,” then he chuckled, “actually, it would be good for the girls to know that you’re generally off the market too.”

For the first time it actually occurred to him that she might not want to spread the story either. He had something of a reputation by this point and it wasn’t the sort of reputation that was likely to make her look good by comparison.

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

“Maybe so,” she replied, “but for so long, you’ve seemed to enjoy the variety.” What if the time came when he got bored with just her? After all, it wasn’t like she had a crap ton of practice with guys, so she thought he could easily get bored with her.

“You never gave anyone else a chance to make you happy,” she pointed out. “You weren’t in it for that. If you’d been looking for someone to make you happy in more than one way, I’m sure that you would have found it.” And not needed her at all. “If you’re sure, then I’m sure.” She’d give him the chance to see if he wanted an actual relationship, but she wouldn’t think about anything long-term. That way, she could protect herself. If she did it right, he wouldn’t even have to know.

“What people do you think need to know?” she asked. She couldn’t think of anyone that she especially needed to be in the know. It wasn’t like she had anything going on with anyone, or multiple anyones, right then.

She blinked as he said it would be good for the girls at school to know they were both off the market. “Um, you do realize that it would make you that much more appealing, right?” She could easily envision certain past conquests of his trying to get his attention in revenge because they mistakenly thought that she was the reason he moved on from them. “As for me, all it means is less curious girls asking if I’ll kiss them just so they can see what it’s like to kiss another girl.” She rolled her eyes. Like it really mattered in the long run, but it had been kind of fun sometimes.

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
Timothy Morrigan
Group Icon
7th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

She had a good point, and he had enjoyed the variety. However, he was reasonably sure that it was more of a situation of not knowing anything different. He’d been really young when he’d been introduced to the game and he’d been traded back and forth between the girl’s friends and he’d just sort of assumed that was the way it was. By the time he’d figured out that it wasn’t exactly normal he hadn’t really cared anymore.

“That’s true,” he replied with a nod, “but at the same time there were an awful lot of them that were chosen solely for the chase. Even with all of them that I went through, I don’t really care about any of them – in fact, there are a lot of names that I don’t remember.”

“You, on the other hand, I care about.”

Tim shook his head, “They had their chances. It’s not their fault that none of them were nearly as awesome as you are.”

“I’m sure,” he replied firmly, surprised at how quickly she’d changed her mind even after listing off all of her complaints about what they were talking about doing. There wasn’t anything specifically wrong with it, but there was something about it that just seemed wrong.

“We should tell Richard for sure. I think Maz might want to know. Other than that, I’m not really sure that it’s an issue of who needs to be told or not.”

It hadn’t occurred to him that it might make him more attractive to the other girls for him to be with Amber and the thought made him laugh. “That could actually be a lot of fun; it’s going to be really odd to be chasing them off for once.”

Then he laughed harder, “Actually, if I send enough of them packing, they might try for you just to show me up,” with a playful grin he said, “I could point out the ones that were any good…”

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

Part of her was almost sad that nothing had meant anything to him before. Not even knowing any names? Well, remembering. She was sure he knew the names when it mattered. On the other hand, at least he was being honest with her.

“I know you care about me,” she replied softly. They had been friends since they were eight. That was way before either of them saw the other one as anything different, even though they had known that she was a girl and he was a boy. None of the differences had mattered then. It was when they were twelve that things had changed. He’d started spending less time with her and she hadn’t understood why until later. It was a couple of years later that she’d been more open to the possibilities.

“I still say that you never gave anyone a chance. You got what you wanted and you were done with them and looking ahead for the next adventure.” She was positive that she was right on that one. Not that she’d complain. She would have hated the idea of him actually being close to another girl, even if she would have never said anything about it.

She nodded as he said he was sure, then considering it, she lifted her head from his chest to give him a wide smile. It wasn’t exactly fake, but it wasn’t exactly one hundred percent genuine either. She was sure that it would feel more natural in time. It was a big change.

“Your grandfather should know,” she agreed. “Do you think he’ll put more rules on us?” Mr. Morrigan generally had no issue with leaving them alone for hours at a time, or even overnight. Would that change now or would he trust them just as much? Could he trust them as much? She had no issue with letting Maz know, even if she hadn’t spent as much time with the Scottish girl as she used to. She had no real thoughts of who she needed to be told so she didn’t suggest anyone.

She gave him another smile as he laughed. “Well, it will be different, that’s for sure.” Would he forget at some point that he was supposed to chase them off? No, she couldn’t think like that. If she did, then everything would blow up in her face sooner, rather than later, and it would be all her fault.

She wrinkled her nose as he offered to point out certain girls. She’d honestly rather not know which ones he’d enjoyed enough to remember. “I doubt they’d be coming my way. Most of them hated me just for being your best friend. I really don’t think that would change. If anything, they’d only feel justified about it.”

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
Timothy Morrigan
Group Icon
7th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

There might have been some truth in Amber’s words, but it hadn’t mattered at all at the time, and it still didn’t as far as Tim was concerned. The girls that he’d killed time with didn’t have anything else to offer him that he wanted, considering that he was already getting everything else from his best friend. It wasn’t something he could ever see changing and it wasn’t something he’d have let change without a fight.

“I didn’t want them to be anything more than they were at the time, and I still don’t.”

The smile she gave him as he expressed his confidence actually hurt. It wasn’t a fake smile; but it was definitely forced and that told him that she absolutely wasn’t as certain about this as he was. More than he’d have ever feared, he felt almost like he was forcing her into this and he didn’t know what to say or do at that point. With a bit of effort he returned her smile, and figured to just let it go for now. He’d tapped out his bravery for the week in even bringing the conversation up again. All he could really do was hope that it was just too big of a change for her to process all at once – one thing he knew though, he wasn’t going to forcing anything or making any demands till he had a better idea of where she stood.

“Richard has known what I’ve been up to for a long while and hasn’t placed any rules on it. I suspect we’ll get the ‘be careful’ speech but that’s probably about it,” then it occurred to him what Richard had gone through with his dad and he added, “it might be a little more than that, but he’s not going to be angry; I’m sure.”

“It’s not like we’ve suddenly become untrustworthy, and it would be far, far worse to hide it from him.”

It would be different for the hypothetical girls to come flocking to him; though, he didn’t really expect that to ever happen. Still, it was an amusing thought and it made him smile. From the look on her face, Amber didn’t find the thought nearly as amusing as he did, so he shrugged when she said she didn’t think it would play out that way and let the topic drop. She could have been right, but it really wasn’t either of their faults that some of the girls seemed to have taken it into their minds that they could change him.

“In that case, we’ll find someone new,” then he grinned hopefully at her, “or just enjoy each other for a while.”

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Apr 12 2016, 07:18 PM
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

She gave him a soft smile. “I know you didn’t then.” But if she was going from best friend to girlfriend, would he be searching for a new best friend? She didn’t like that idea, but resolved not to ask. She didn’t want to sound as clingy as those girls that definitely annoyed him.

When he was barely able to smile back, she knew she hadn’t done a very convincing job. It wasn’t that she didn’t want get together with him. It was more that she didn’t want anything to happen between them that would make friendship impossible. Especially with his grandfather being her guardian, things would definitely be awkward at home. And it wasn’t like she could go anywhere else really, if something did happen. In the end, she figured that once some time had passed, she’d be more comfortable. After all, it could be considered a big change, random times of sleeping together or not.

“Um, he kind of did put rules on it. He made sure you got all the speeches about making sure you didn’t, uh, leave anything behind that could be used against you.” She’d even been present for one of those speeches. That had been extremely awkward. Oh, she understood that Mr. Morrigan had wanted to make sure she could take care of herself as well, but still. It had been unnecessary, seeing as she’d been on the potion just in case, ever since Mr. Morrigan had actually found out about Tim’s activities, even though she had been nowhere near ready to do that herself. “He might not be angry, but that’s no guarantee that he’ll actually be pleased either,” she pointed out, a little nervous at the thought.

Well, they hadn’t become untrustworthy right now, she thought, but would Mr. Morrigan see it that way? “I know it would be worse if he found out any other way than one of us,” as in you, “telling him. I’m not suggesting we don’t let him know. I’m just not sure how he’ll react.” And that was the cusp of it.

Okay, he’d just tossed out two options. But which on did he actually prefer? He’d looked like he’d prefer just them, but she wasn’t sure. After all, he could easily get bored with her. She had nowhere near as much experience as he did, so what if he wanted something she had no idea about? How would she know? “Um, I wouldn’t mind just us for a while,” she spoke softly. It was closer to her comfort level at the moment. She only hoped he hadn’t wanted the first suggestion more.

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
Timothy Morrigan
Group Icon
7th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

Tim smiled back at her. Her words let him know that she wasn’t as convinced that he’d be able to keep himself from playing around too and while he was confident that he would be fine; it would be a lie to say that he was completely certain. All he could do was take it one day at a time and prove to her that everything was fine. That would have to be the trick.

“See? He’s set the rules already – he won’t have any reason to add new ones, will he?”

The talk that Amber had been referring to had been one of many and they had all been pretty ridiculously embarrassing. While he would have been extremely happy to not have to go through them all, he did have to admit that there had been more than a bit of useful information in the lessons. There really wasn’t any guarantee of how happy Richard would be with the way things are going but he wasn’t worried about it; he was beyond sure that his grandfather would be supportive.

“Unfortunately, there isn’t any way to tell how anyone is going to react,” he replied with a smile, “but I’ll tell him when we go down for breakfast – everything’ll be fine, you’ll see.”

A brilliant smile spread across Tim’s face as she said that she’d prefer to start with just the two of them. It had been exactly what he’d been hoping that she’d pick and he couldn’t even start to hide how pleased he was that she’d done so. He wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tightly before saying quietly, “That sounds perfect.”

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

“He might have more rules. We are in his house. He might not like anything like that happening under his roof.” Even if they’d already done that, she was sure Mr. Morrigan had no idea of it ever happening. He would have said something, right? Even if it was just teasing.

“I’m not really that worried about just anyone,” she admitted. “I’m more worried about your grandfather and my guardian. They do happen to be the same person and he might think it wouldn’t reflect well on him or something.” She had no idea why, but she was convinced that Mr. Morrigan wouldn’t like the idea of his grandson and his ward getting together romantically.

She hugged him back, hiding a sigh of relief. It seemed like she’d given him the right answer. Words couldn’t explain how happy and relieved that it was the case. “It does to me too,” she whispered, unable to avoid showing how she really felt, despite her apparent reluctance.

“Do we have to really say anything to anyone else though?” She was worried about how the gossip vine would take the news. She knew it wouldn’t say anything good about either one of them. She didn’t want him to regret talking to her or her agreement. And everyone would know and she wasn’t sure what would happen then.

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
Timothy Morrigan
Group Icon
7th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

It was probable that there would be more rules with them as a couple and living across the hall from each other, but Tim doubted they would be too onerous. He’d been wrong before though but he didn’t see any reason to get too worked up about it before it was really a problem. With a nod he said, “That’s entirely possible, but we’ll just have to see what he says when we tell him.”

He completely understood where they were coming from. There wasn’t really anyone else that could cause problems. While there were people that could be annoying they weren’t going to actually be problems.

“There’s no reason that I can think of that he’d have a problem with it. He really likes you, and you tick all of the boxes for ‘proper companion’ for the rest of the Pureblood crowd. If anything, they’d be frustrated that I’m sullying your line.”

With a shrug he finished, “Regardless, it’s not going to be a problem for him.”

Tim hugged her even more tightly as she agreed with him that starting out with just the two of them was definitely the way to go. They could add extras in as time went on if they were both feeling like it, but at the moment, the two of them together was exactly what he wanted.

“We don’t have to tell anyone if you don’t want to.”

“It’s going to get around the school on its own quick enough, we can just let people find out that way if that’s what you would like to do.”

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Apr 12 2016, 07:19 PM
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

Why did he keep saying that we would tell him? She really wanted Tim to tell his grandfather. Preferably while she wasn’t at home. She didn’t think she could deal with it if Mr. Morrigan didn’t like it or was disappointed or whatever else he could be that wasn’t glad. And since he had mentioned breakfast this morning, she knew the time for that was creeping ever closer.

“He likes me now,” she muttered. “But I’m his ward. Probably not someone he ever imagined dating his grandson. And he might not have ever thought of it as a possibility either.” After all, why would he? “Remember, despite my long family history here, I still wasn’t born here. I’m only accepted as much as I am because of my grandmother’s side of the family. I doubt anyone really cares about the Elison line and who supposedly sullies it.” She took a moment to nuzzle into his chest. “If anything, you’re the one pulling the Morrigan name back where it belongs and I might be the one to sully it with my American blood.”

“I hope you’re right,” she muttered into his chest.

She smiled as he hugged her even more tightly. She was losing the ability to breathe with how tight he was holding her, but she wouldn’t complain. She loved feeling how much he cared.

“I don’t think I want to tell anyone myself. I think I’d just feel awkward or something. You know, with all the denials we’ve made over the years.” She hoped that made sense and that he knew she wasn’t ashamed of him.

“I think letting people figure it out on their own would be more comfortable and maybe less questions?” It was a question itself rather than a statement. “At least, less questions all at once.”

On impulse, she leaned up and kissed him quickly. “If we’re telling your grandfather, we should probably get dressed and head down for breakfast. It’s starting to get late and we could miss him.” If she had to be there, she’d rather go ahead and get it over with.

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Complete
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse