Cryptic Conjuring -> Faqs
It is September 2076.
This month brings highs of 16°C and lows of 10°C. Sunrise is 6.15am while the sun sets at 8pm. The sun lingers on but winds are starting to pick up again.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Rating

Click for Explanation
Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Amber -
Global Admin

- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
Social Media

Tumblr

House Points
G
H

S
R
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Board Stats
M F NB
Adults 18 15 0
University 6 3 0
Hogwarts 8 19 0

Hogwarts
First Years 2
Second Years 1
Third Years 1
Fourth Years 4
Fifth Years 6
Sixth Years 7
Seventh Years 6

University
First Years
Second Years
Third Years
Fourth Years

Blood Status
Purebloods 24
Halfbloods 29
Muggleborns 12
Unknown 1
Squibs 1
House Elves 1
Vampires 1
Veelas 4
Werewolves 1
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Add Reply
New Poll

Faqs
Merlin
 Posted: Sep 4 2014, 11:24 AM
Merlin
Group Icon
Administrator
- blood status -
- allegiance -
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: How many characters am I allowed to play?
A: We do not have a limit, though we do ask that you don't take on more than you can handle.

Q: How do students move up a year? Are there different terms?
A: Students move up based on years. Every student will advance for the new school year. Here, we use the year-to-year schedule. This means that for every year in real life, there is a year in the game. This is to have adequate time to develop your character and have time for the classes.

Q: Okay, so how do I get started?
A: The first thing to do at any RPG is to read the rules. Failure to abide by these rules can result in banishment from the site. Once you have read the rules, you can read our plot to understand what is currently taking place. You may also post questions in our question section that is open to guests. When you're ready to join, please visit our Character Section to begin getting your character application approved.

Q: May I play a character from the books, like Hermione or Ron?
A: No. Those characters don't exist in this world outside of being an old NPC. We're writing about a future universe that focuses on their great-grandchildren’s generation. However, we do have a certain number of characters that can be descendents. Check out Adoptables HERE for one of those.

Q: What if the canon last name I want isn't on the list?
A: If it isn't on the list, it's totally up for grabs. Just check the Character Lists HERE to make sure no one else is using it. If they are, feel free to contact them about expanding their family.

Q: How is my house chosen?
A: Your house is chosen by you. As long as there is an open spot for your character, you will get the house you put on your application. If there is no open spot, an Admin will contact you asking for your second choice.

Q: My application is complete. What do I do now?
A: You post it Here as a New Topic with your character's name as the title. An Admin will then read over your application. If any changes are needed, that Admin will PM you. If no changes are needed, you will receive a PM with your next instructions. Once those are completed, you are free to start posting.

Q: How do I become a Prefect and Head Boy/Head Girl?
A: The Position of Prefect will be assigned by the Head of House. The position of Prefect is assigned to students of Fifth, Sixth, and Seventh Years and will be assigned based on activity and writing ability. Keep in mind – the position of Prefect is primarily one of bragging rights. Similar holds true for the position of Head Boy or Head Girl but that position will be assigned by the Headmaster.

Q: How are classes done?
A: Class will be able to be role-played and will be posted for interaction, though these are optional. It is a great way for your characters to get to know other characters. However, your character does attend all of their classes, whether posted or not. Besides, some teachers may award points for attendance.

Q: Could my student character transfer from another school?
A: Yes. Just say so in the app.

Q: How can my student earn house points?
Q: Your student can earn house points by attending classes and getting caught by teachers doing good things. On the other hand, your student can lose points if they are caught breaking the school rules. NOTE: Points given or taken after June 1st will not be added or subtracted until the new school year.

Q: What is this University? What characters go there?
A: The University is for characters who want to go further in their magical education. Any character may attend the University if they choose but it isn’t required that they MUST outside of certain careers.

Q: What careers do require University?
A: You may go HERE for that information.

Q: How do I create sub-accounts?
A: Make your first account. That will be your parent account. Then, you make your second account. After that, go back to your first account and go to My Controls. Find Edit Sub-accounts. Click on that and it will bring you to a new page. It will instruct you to put in the account name and the account password. Once that's done, clink on the Link Account button and you're done.

Q: Is doHTML allowed in posts?
A: Yes, it is. We do have a couple of suggestions concerning the template, however. We want to keep CC as mobile-friendly as possible, so we do encourage members not to use hovers. Another wish is that all templates have a readable size text. Thank you.

Q: Do I HAVE to use the provided forms for anything?
A: No, you don't have to. Just make a note of all of the information needed in the forms and make sure to include it in your post. The forms are only there as a guide.
OWLHowler
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Rules & FAQs | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse