Cryptic Conjuring -> The Hunt
It is May 2077.
High temps reach 14°C while the lows stay nice at 7°C. Day begins at 5.30am and ends with sunset at 9pm. Rain is an almost constant with dry days being mostly clouded over.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
House Points
G
H

R
S
Board Stats
M F
Adults 19 12
University 3 1
Hogwarts 14 12

Hogwarts
First Years 0
Second Years 1
Third Years 1
Fourth Years 5
Fifth Years 4
Sixth Years 11
Seventh Years 4

Hogwarts Houses
Gryffindors 7
Hufflepuffs 6
Ravenclaws 5
Slytherins 8

University
First Years 2
Second Years 2
Third Years 0
Fourth Years 0

Blood Status
Purebloods 22
Halfbloods 20
Muggleborns 12
Unknown 2
Squibs 1
Vampires 1
Veelas 4
Fey 1
Werewolves 0
Changeling 0
Social Media

Tumblr

Rating

Click for Explanation
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The Hunt, Open to All
Arthur Weasley
 Posted: May 2 2018, 03:06 PM

The urge to reach out and punch her was almost overwhelming. As much as he wanted to think that he wasn’t the sort of person to hit someone – regardless of how much he hated them – he knew it had a lot more to do with the knowledge of just how ‘muggle’ a reaction that would have been. It would have shown that he was capable of falling to their level and would still have cost him his job.

“Nothing but,” he grated hatefully.

He blinked as she went on about the greatness of the muggle world. It was so stupid and he didn’t see how she couldn’t understand that none of that had been an issue before the muggles truly started to infest the magical world. If it hadn’t been for them, none of that would have mattered at all and everything could have continued as it was meant to.

She was clearly enjoying her instruction so much… Arthur bit his tongue and contained his reply. At this point, he was just desperate not to give her anything else that might make her day better. His eyes drifted shut and he took a deep breath at her cutting remarks. While he’d long since gotten used to the fact that his name and his blood status prevented him from fitting in easily in any faction of the magical world, he still didn’t like it when people picked at it.

It was an old wound, and he’d long come to terms with the fact that it wasn’t going away. The reminder that he was helping the Ministry pull off their event didn’t make anything better either.

With a quick glare her way, he pasted a smile onto his face and turned to greet the children. There were several from prominent families that he recognized. It pleased him to see that they didn’t seem all that enamored to be where they were either, and so he focused his attention on them to be sure that they had everything they needed.

Autumn Winters

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Drake Taggart
 Posted: May 2 2018, 07:37 PM

“I see no problem with that.” Drake agreed with a small bow of his head.

“Well let’s hope the rain stays away today.” Drake didn’t actually mind a bit of rain now that he was older but it would ruin the day somewhat. While the man might not agree with the Minister’s methods he didn’t want to see the day a failure either.

The Headmaster’s remarks had been in regards to that day rather than anything further but he saw no need to point that out. Again what the Minister was saying was good to hear but Drake still didn’t know how much he could take at face value. The man could easily just be blowing smoke up his arse - saying what he thought Drake wanted to hear.

“No, no.” Drake held up his hands as he spoke gently. “I’m not an ideas man.” He was but he wasn’t willing to throw his lot in with the Minister. His ideas would remain his own and for the benefit of the school. “Please do have your assistant get in touch though.”

Internally Drake bristled. Anymore than necessary was actually too much for him. Another thing he just had to accept as a Headmaster as he’d done before. It would never stop irking him though. He was absolutely fine with the muggle and magical world colliding - it was why he was allowing the movie night to go ahead - he just didn’t like being forced. He worried now that all this Minister could deal in was force. Still, maybe the man could change his mind.

“We shall see what we can do to ensure just that.”

As his eyes travelled the field again the Headmaster spied one of his students all alone and going nowhere. “Please do excuse me, Sir. Today I really must do my best to ensure all my students have a nice time.” It wasn’t going to happen but he could still give it a try as he was sure some of the other staff would too.

After shaking his hand once more Drake left the Minister and walked out into the field. “Fawkes!” he called as he approached the boy who simply didn’t appear to know what to do with himself. “Why are you just standing there?” Drake asked kindly. “Do you want me to explain some of the festivities to you?”

Whether the boy nodded because he was too scared to say no or because he actually wanted the help it didn’t matter to Drake. He was thankful to this student for being his excuse to leave the Minister and he was, as always, happy to help. “Come on then.” He told the boy and set off towards the nearest stalls.

It was on the way that he spied another student who stood out simply because they were alone. Drake changed course slightly and was happy to note Gideon followed. “Hello Essex, can’t you think of anything to do either? You’re in luck because Gideon here is having the same difficulty.”

Drake smiled happily at both boys before his attention was drawn away from them. Seeing two small groups looking as if they were squaring off Drake sighed. “Find something to occupy your time boys. I swear if you let yourselves you will have fun.” He was already walking away as he spoke and turned to break into a jog as soon as he was finished. It wouldn’t take a minute for him to deal with the arising issue but he hoped the boys could occupy themselves - it would be better for them.

Gideon Fawkes
Nate Essex

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Ophie
OWL
^
Desmonda Stanis
 Posted: May 2 2018, 08:06 PM

His bark of laughter wasn’t particularly helpful. It being the very same way Richard often laughed which to Desmonda made it seem like laughter was the last thing he’d been expecting from the day. Being reminded of Richard’s laugh wasn’t the best thing then since his laughter had quickly become one of her favourite sounds to hear. Not being fully over her wobbly moment Desmonda had to work hard to not get pulled back in to her thoughts from before. She didn’t need to be going all slack-jawed and empty-headed again.

Of course he knew where she was coming from. He was the one who had the grandchildren of the grandfather she was involved with. Grandchildren; not just the one.. three of them - her brain just had to remind her of that fact. Like it was desperate for her control to slip so she’d make a fool of herself.

“The parents know the charms I’m sure.” She responded to his point. “They should be keeping them unsticky or at least telling them not to touch people when they are sticky.”

“You’re welcome.” She told him with a polite smile.

“All the livelong day.” Desmonda sighed heavily, she couldn’t help it. “My friend told me we’ve to stay behind to help with the cleanup too.” She believed her friend but until that horrible Winters woman told her she would hold onto that little bit of hope.

“I just hope they let us use magic then. I’m stewing in this and I can’t even cool myself down.” She was huffy again as she pulled on the neck of the egg and blew hair from her forehead.

“Do you have to be here all day too?” She asked. In a rather spiteful moment she actually hoped that the school staff didn’t get off too lightly. They should have to stay all day just like the rest. Misery loves company after all.

Alex Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks to G for the set
OWL
^
Poppy Burke
 Posted: May 2 2018, 08:35 PM

“Well yes, yes they absolutely do deserve that but no thanks. I agreed to come with you before they made it mandatory so… all blame’s on you.”

Poppy shrugged and gave a small shake of the head. “I haven’t decided yet.”

She had sensed from his tone that Aiden thought she was more serious than she actually intended. While she could keep him sweating she wanted to have a nice day without any worry on either of their parts. So she laughed.

“You do know I’m joking, right? Well, joking and not joking. I will blame you if it’s awful but your only punishment will be having to listen to me complain about the awfulness.”

“Really?” Poppy didn’t know if she believed him. She understood Halloween and why adults dressed up then - they were going to be drinking, it was a night to let their hair down. But this, this wasn’t Halloween and the costumes were more ridiculous than most she had seen during the spooky season. “Who is it supposed to be fun for?”

“They volunteer?” She was pulled from her thoughts of Halloween then sounding shocked. “As in they don’t get paid anything?” Poppy couldn’t get her head around that. She knew Nero worked for next to nothing at the shop but that was because he was still being kept by their parents. She also knew people who took on unpaid internships and she could just see the point of that. Why dress up and not get paid or even look like you were having fun? She could see no possible reason for it.

She took another look around the costume wearers. “They seem really miserable. Like they want to just lay down and die.” It sounded dramatic but Poppy thought she might be hitting near the mark.

When Aiden grabbed the paper from the ground Poppy walked closer to him so she could see too. She looked over the map quickly. “So we’ve to go there?” She asked and pointed in the direction where she could see a trail into the trees. “They tell us to stay out of the forest in school grounds but somehow it’s different this side of the wall.”

Not that she’d be put off from going in. She was as curious as the next person and was happy enough under the trees as long as she kept near the open ground.

Aiden Flynn

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks to G for the set!
OWL
^
Brandon Stewart
 Posted: May 4 2018, 03:13 PM

“Wonderful!” Brandon replied happily, “We’re off to a solid start already.”

The Minister chuckled nervously and nodded in agreement, even as his eyes darted to the horizon. Rain was far more common than he would have preferred in the best of times, but this would have been a terrible day for a pop-up storm. Everything he’d heard both in the magical world and muggle one, told him that it was supposed to be a beautiful day. The weather forecasters sometimes were a little off their mark.

“Given how excited the Governors were to get you here, you must have some ideas; but very well. Hopefully you can help me fine tune my own so that I’m not trampling all over whatever you have going on with the school.”

“I have plenty of ideas, but I’ve little desire to frequently interrupt the children’s schedule,” he offered with an apologetic smile, “I’ll have someone reach out to you this week so we can set up a meeting.”

“Of course! We both of things to do today. Have a good day Headmaster; I hope that you find some time for some fun and refreshment yourself.”

Brandon watched as Drake turned and crossed the field toward a wandering student and smiled as he turned his attention back to his own duties. There had been a time that he’d wanted to be a Professor as well; and he still believed he would have truly enjoyed the Headmaster position. However, as was often the case, his life had led into vastly different directions than his childhood dreams.

Just then, he spotted the Chief Warlock wandering into the area and greeted him with a cheerful, “Gavin!” as he crossed the field to shake the other man’s hand.

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Alex Morrigan
 Posted: May 4 2018, 03:42 PM

“That’s true,” he allowed with an amused smile.

“Since most of the students don’t have parents living close enough to come to something like this at the last moment, would you like me to step in for them? I suppose that, as a Professor, it’s my job to fill in for the parents when their little beas… beauties are in my care.”

As he spoke, he set his hand on his wand, prepared to draw it if she decided she wanted the help. Given the costume she’d been forced into, it was all too possible that she wouldn’t be able to manage the fine motor skills necessary for spell casting.

Alex flinched as she told him she had to stay all day, and then stay after to help with clean up. Curiously, he asked, “You should at least be able to take the costume off for that, right?” then a horrified look crossed his face at her addendum and he questioned, “Why wouldn’t you be able to use magic?”

“I could help with a cooling charm as well, if you’d like,” he offered again, gesturing toward his wand.

It was a good question and one that he hadn’t really thought to ask. It occurred to him that, if they were going to have to stay for the entire thing, he should mention to the Headmaster about allowing the Professors and older students to help with cleanup before returning to the school.

“Honestly, I don’t know for sure. I assume we’ll stay until the Headmaster decides that it’s time to head back up to the school. If I had to guess, I would say that would be when there are more people causing trouble and whining than having fun.”

Desmonda Stanis

--------------------

=Art by G=

All Characters:

OWL
^
Autumn Winters
 Posted: May 5 2018, 10:57 AM

The small amount of amusement Autumn was getting from Arthur really wasn’t worth the effort she felt. While he wasn’t as bad as the pureblood who seemingly cried at the drop of a hat he was useless all the same. He was supposed to be the one with the shortest fuse, the closest to snapping and here he was containing his emotions.

No response to her point about employee laws or even her over emphasising of the word ‘our’... this really was rather disappointing. Maybe she’d simply approached him too early and had to give him some more time to stew before picking at him. Yes, that was probably it she decided.

It was clear from his expressions that she was in fact getting to him, that what she said was landing like the lovely verbal blows she’d intended. But as long as he kept his cool it was pretty pointless.

When the latest group of children cleared Autumn didn’t bother to move back towards Arthur. She was done with him… for now at least. “Oh well done.” she snarked. “I’ll leave you to it… do try to make some friends.” She was already walking away when she added, “I will check back with you later.”

Arthur Weasley

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Court for the set!
OWL
^
Gideon Fawkes
 Posted: May 5 2018, 11:33 AM

Gideon knew he should probably feel offended at being dismissed but he far to happy that his tactic had worked. He really hadn’t expected it to, certainly hadn’t expected her to give up so quickly. While he wanted to whoop when he turned and stalked off he didn’t. Either he’d look foolish to someone else or it would get her blood up again and she’d just come back.

The boy hadn’t been standing alone for very long at all when the Headmaster called his name. He gulped and warily turned his eyes towards the man. Was he in trouble because Blythe had been a bitch to him? Is that how these things worked now?

He sighed with relief when the Headmaster spoke, clearing the confusion but then frowned, instantly worried at the man’s actual words. What could he do though? He couldn’t say no to the man so he nodded and followed along with his head dipped down worrying about just how much of a sad case he looked having to tag along with an adult.

It was most unfair! If Blythe had left him alone he would have found something to do - he’d probably be doing it now. When the Headmaster called out to another student Gideon glanced up. He knew the name since he’d shared classes with the boy for years but he didn’t really know him. At least he had someone to feel embarrassed with now he supposed.

Gideon smiled and was just about to say hello to Nate when the Headmaster started walking away. The Slytherin watched the man with a frown then he saw the two groups he was heading towards. It was to be expected, the should all expect it - someone would fight that day. Just not now but Gideon was sure the professors wouldn’t be able to stop it happening all day.

“Hi!” He turned his attention to Nate and smiled a little shyly. “You don’t have to obviously but if you want… uh… do you want to hang out? We could…” Gideon looked around himself at the stalls and activities. “Do something.” He finished, rather lamely he felt.

Nate Essex

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Courtney for the set
OWLHowler
^
Desmonda Stanis
 Posted: May 6 2018, 12:37 PM

Desmonda frowned at Alex. What was he talking about parents not living close enough? The parents were right there. Then it dawned on her. “No no, I’m not speaking of the students.” She shook her head. “I’m talking about the smaller children. The ones whose parents have brought them today and then mostly allowed them to run free.”

Just as she said it a girl much too young for Hogwarts ran screaming past them without a parent in sight. “Such as that one. I bet she’s sticky.”

“Thank you for the offer of help though.” She smiled her thanks as well as speaking it.

“It’s a no magic day.” She explained. “Ms Winters said that once we got in the field magic is strictly off limits. And being allowed to take the costume off then will leave me with the opposite problem. I’ve only got my yoga clothes on under this.” Shorts and a cropped workout top. Of course she had a jacket and her trainers back in the tent but there was a part of her expecting them to go missing at some point during the day.

“One of the maintenance men dresses up for children’s birthday parties and he warned us all how warm the costumes would get.” Thank Merlin for him Desmonda thought because she’d had no clue what she should wear under the egg. She’d had a bit of fun teasing Richard about what she could wear under the egg and how, thanks to his making jokes at her expense he wouldn’t be getting to see. That had been the only bit of fun she expected to get from this whole sorry day.

“Again, thank you for the offer but really, it’s not worth it.” The Winters bitch was looking for any reason to start so Desmonda was refusing to even risk giving the woman the satisfaction. “We’re supposed to be getting bottles of water. I actually can’t wait.” The saddest thing about that was that it was one hundred percent true. She had plans for her water, good plans. Genius even or so she thought then.

His answer wasn’t what she wanted to hear. If they hadn’t been told they were in it for the whole shot then that probably meant they weren’t. They would leave early when the kids got too whiny just like he said. Lucky so and so’s the lot of them. “I hope that point comes sooner rather than later for your sake.” She didn’t, she really didn’t. Professors still sucked, just like they always had.

Her water came then carried by one of the maintenance men, Stanley. A man dressed in a yellow suit and green boots. Desmonda frowned at him as she placed the basket she held down and took a bottle. “Why are you so brightly yellow?” She queried as she opened the bottle not even caring that it had clearly come from a muggle shop judging by the pop cap and spout.

“It’s the colour of spring is what I’m told.” Stanley answered and watched as the woman drained half the bottle in one go and it wasn’t one of the smaller bottles he’d given her either. Then he grinned, “I have to say, Desmonda dear, you look egg-cellent!”

While the older man chuckled Desmonda rolled her eyes at Alex before taking another bottle from Stanley. Payment for his egg related humour - she’d had quite enough of egg related humour. “Off with you, Stanley. Go and find Shelley, I’m sure she’ll find you hilarious.” She spoke not unkindly since on a usual day she and the man got on quite well. Shelley her friend would at least appreciate Stanley’s efforts that day.

With him gone she turned her attention back to the professor. “You can’t judge me for what I’m about to do.” She told him sternly before she pulled the collar of her costume out and squeezed the contents of the open bottle down her front. Her head thrown back to allow more water through she closed her eyes and sighed happily. The first bottle she put in the basket before opening the second and emptying half of that down her back. Another happy sigh and she was done.

“I have never loved water so much.” She could smile more easily now she was cool for the minute and she did as she lifted her basket and stowed the second bottle away for later.

Alex Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks to G for the set
OWL
^
Aiden Flynn
 Posted: May 7 2018, 06:51 PM

“Not even just part of the blame? When it was just you agreeing, you could have changed your mind. It wasn’t until they made it mandatory that you didn’t have the opportunity to back out or change your mind. Surely that means they deserve most of the blame…” he smiled playfully and finished, “and I deserve much less chance of having to face consequences for today.”

“Let me know once you do, it seems an important thing to know,” Aiden teased happily.

Any sense of concern washed away as she laughed. He could still count on one hand the number of conversations that they’d had, and he hadn’t gotten to know her tells yet. Laughter was a pretty obvious one though, so he suddenly wasn’t nearly as worried as he had been. “I do now – thank you for the heads up. I’m reasonably sure that it’s not going to be awful. If nothing else, there’ll be candy.”

“There shouldn’t be that much to complain about.”

“Yeah,” he confirmed, “and it’s supposed to be fun for the kids. Parents – and some adults – clearly do crazy stuff to make sure their kids are having fun. I’ll never understand it, quite honestly.”

Aiden couldn’t help but look around the field again and determine that she was right. The adults in costume looked absolutely destroyed. They clearly wanted to be anywhere other than where they were; and he wondered just why they were there. It was almost like they were being forced, but he couldn’t think of why the Minister would have done that to them.

“Looks like it,” he agreed as she pointed to the location for the hunt on the map.

He hadn’t thought about things in quite that manner before, but she was right. It seemed odd to think that the dangerous end of the Forest might be the one that was closest to the school. That would be extremely messed up actually. With a chuckle that he didn’t really feel with the thoughts in his brain, he replied, “Maybe that’s the point of this, it’s just a giant elaborate prank to get rid of us.”

There were a surprising number of other students heading into the tree line as well, and Aiden assumed they were driven by curiosity and a drive for sugar as well. He turned to Poppy as they walked and briefly explained, “There really isn’t much to this. They’re going to give us an area to go, and we’re going to look for colorful eggs hidden there. Not sure if they’ll be real eggs or chocolate, but whoever finds the most wins.”

“Sure… they’ll tell you that it’s not a competition, but they’re stupid and don’t know what they’re talking about.”

Poppy Burke

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Alex Morrigan
 Posted: May 8 2018, 12:14 PM

For so long, Alex’s entire world had revolved around the kids at the school that he hadn’t even considered the fact that there would be multitudes of them running around that hadn’t even started attending Hogwarts yet. His eyes darted around the field – taking some of them in – only to roll his eyes at the screaming hellion that bolted past them.

“A fair point,” he agreed with a smile, “I hadn’t taken them into account. And yes, I have no doubt that she’s sticky… or soon will be.”

The idea of the day being magic free might not have been a bad one, but it certainly would have been better in a situation where people weren’t forced to be there. With a nod he commiserated, “I’m very sorry to hear that. The Headmaster didn’t give us any such instruction however – so if things get too bad, just let me know.”

“You can’t very well get in trouble for something that I do.”

Alex hadn’t thought, either, about just how warm the costumes would have to be. Especially when it came with an inability to use magic to make them better. Running around out in the sun, surrounded by screaming kids, in an oven like the one she was wearing would have to be awful and he truly felt for her in that moment.

“That is a good warning to have,” he said sincerely.

He couldn’t help but shake his head, “I don’t think it’s going to be that much better back at the school. Everyone will be full of energy and it’ll be much more enclosed spaces and they won’t have any of the public around to moderate their behavior.”

“Although,” he smiled conspiratorially, “at that point I can just pretend not to have seen it and it will be someone else’s problem.”

Alex watched the interaction between the co-workers and couldn’t help but chuckle at the pun. Objectively, he recognized that they were terrible jokes. However, he couldn’t help but laugh at them all the same. He laughed again and agreed, “Don’t worry; this is a judgement free zone.”

“I’m sorry that you can’t even take a cooling charm…” he offered with a shake of his head as she emptied the water down into her costume, “is there anything else that I can get for you since you have to deal with this crap?”

Desmonda Stanis

--------------------

=Art by G=

All Characters:

OWL
^
Arthur Weasley

Even knowing that she was going to be coming back wasn’t enough to stop the sigh of relief that escaped from Arthur as the Winters bitch turned and left. It had taken more self-control than he’d thought he possessed not to draw his wand and curse her into a quivering pile of goo. The nerve of her to think that this was their world. It was clear that she’d been trying to draw a reaction from him, and it was only the knowledge of how disappointed Lady Selwyn would have been if he’d been the one to cause a scene that had allowed him to hold back form acting true to form.

The fake smile on his face must have looked even more forced as some of the kids that had come to speak with him and get their candy looked just a little terrified before turning and hurrying off. Unfortunately, the rest did not follow suit and he descended into the hordes of unwashed kids to deliver the sugar that they so desperately did not need.

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Nate Essex

Nate was having a lot of fun. Getting out of the school was always a reason for celebration; when that escape came with candy and games it was even better. Somehow, he’d managed to become separated from his friends and had come to a stop. Being shorter than most everyone else was, he’d taken to jumping to try and get a better view of the field. With all of the people around, it wasn’t helping him find his friends, but it was getting him many strange looks from the people around him.

“What?” he asked the nearest person, looking at him as if he was crazy, “There are lots of rabbits around here, and I’m just trying to get into the spirit of things.”

Before the adult had a chance to respond to the short student mouthing off to him, the Headmaster appeared out of nowhere and Nate flinched a bit, afraid he’d been overheard. Judging by the greeting, the new Headmaster hadn’t heard what had been going on, and that was probably a good thing as the adult in question huffed and wandered off.

“We can’t have that!” he exclaimed and smiled at Gideon. The Slytherin was familiar, at least, if not one of his actual friends.

“Don’t worry sir, I’ll make sure that Gideon and I find something fun to do.”

When the Headmaster turned and made his exit, he turned his smile back on Fawkes and laughed as the boy seemed to be in his head; giving voice to his thoughts. With a bright grin he agreed, “That sounds fantastic. Have you checked out the egg hunt yet?”

Gideon Fawkes

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Poppy Burke
 Posted: May 9 2018, 07:23 PM

Aiden was right in the points he made. Being forced to come should change who got the most blame. It should but Poppy wasn’t going to give in that easy. She shook her head side to side. “Not even part of the blame.”

“I might.” Poppy shrugged as she answered.

“There’s already the speech.” She kept up her faked huff. “That might be enough for hours of complaining itself. Days even!”

Poppy’s eyes were both wide with shock and slight horror as she took in what Aiden said. She didn’t see why the children couldn’t have fun without the adults having to make a fool of themselves. “I’m glad because I can’t understand it either.”

“I wouldn’t put it past them.” She grumbled her agreement with him.

When Aiden explained what they were to do Poppy frowned. “I’m failing to see the fun in that.” Again she wondered why they didn’t just give out the candy. Eating treats was a lot of fun. “Maybe they think we need the exercise of scrambling around?”

“Making it a competition doesn’t necessarily make it fun either.” In Poppy’s experience all making something a competition tended to do was turn people (mostly boys) incredibly stupid.

They walked into the forest, Poppy sticking close to Aiden. She was a curious person but she wasn’t stupid. They may be just beyond the treeline but she was not risking them being separated. It was a fine thing to stroll through the trees with someone at her side, quite a different thing to do it alone.

There was a trail and Poppy found it easily. It felt good to have it there, a point of reference. So even though she didn’t insist they walk along it she did keep it within her sights.

“Did I tell you I’ve been working on my ears?” She asked after they’d been walking a few minutes. “Look.” She stopped and turned to Aiden. With her face scrunched up and eyes tight shut she thought of how she wanted to change her ears. Only at the last minute did she remember to push her hair away to reveal ears that looked like they’d been attached to a bad boxer for years.

After another moment, without a change in her expression they changed again becoming larger until they were half as large as her head. Laughing she opened her eyes and her ears began the return to their regular shape. “Cool, isn’t it?”

Aiden Flynn

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks to G for the set!
OWL
^
Aiden Flynn
 Posted: May 10 2018, 03:23 PM

“Well crap,” he whined playfully at her response, though he couldn’t keep the smile off his face as he did so. It had surprised him a little bit just how much fun Poppy was to spend time with. The thought made him miss Caryn even more; she’d been from a Pureblood family that had accepted him with open arms, so he knew it was possible. However, Poppy was from a different flavor of Pureblood culture and it still surprised him that they got along as well as they seemed to.

Aiden agreed with a smile, “I’ll take might…”

“That’s fair; the speech is definitely worth complaining about. I doubt that anyone who’s here actually cares about the history of Easter. Either, we already know it, and just want the candy, or we’re being forced to be here, and couldn’t care less.”

With a shrug, he finished, “If he wanted to give lessons like that, he should have been a teacher.”

It would have been surprising if she’d understood it when he didn’t. When he was younger, it had made more sense as it added a sense of fun and wonder to the events. Once he was older, it just made whichever adult he was looking at seem like an idiot. When they were really into it, it also made them look super creepy. Honestly, it just seemed like a tradition that never should have been started.

Poppy’s grumbled agreement brought a smile and he nodded along. She was right though; the specifics of the egg hunts seemed less fun now, other than as a remnant of his youth. That and the sugar that came afterward. It seemed like it might be one of those things that you just might never get if you hadn’t grown up with it. Somehow, that seemed like a shame to him but he was sure there were many things in the magical world that idea would apply to him with.

“Scrambling around can be fun sometimes,” he hedged, slightly less sure than he had been moments before.

He opened his mouth to argue, but found that he really couldn’t. In his experience, it did tend to be the guys that got overly involved in the competitions. Although, it wasn’t there weren’t any girls that fell into that category, there were just fewer of them. With a rueful grin he answered, “Okay, you might have a point there.”

On the school side, the only reliable path through the forest was the road to Hogsmeade. Here, there seemed to be a legitimate path to follow and that made Aiden feel rather a lot better about following the map. It would have been entirely too shady if they’d had to find their own path through the woods. It seemed that most of the others felt the same way as he could hear people laughing and joking a short distance ahead.

At her urging, he stopped and turned to see what she wanted to show him. Since she’d told him about being a metamorphmagus, he’d done some reading on it and his jealousy of her ability was just about boundless. It would have been so awesome to have that sort of control over his body. When she brushed her hair back, a look flashed across his face that was equal measures amazed and repulsed, as he replied, “Okay, that’s awesome.”

He laughed with her as they suddenly shifted again and grew in size until they were absolutely massive hanging off the sides of her head.

“It really is,” he agreed with a nod, “I really do wish I could do that too. I will just have to wait till we start covering human transfiguration in class. Which is a shame, because patience has never really been my thing.”

As they talked another group of kids caught up with them and badly hid some laughter as they continued down the trail toward the egg hunt. Aiden rolled his eyes at them and smiled at his friend, “You sure you wouldn’t revel in just a little bit of competition to do better than that lot?”

Poppy Burke

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Desmonda Stanis
 Posted: May 10 2018, 05:50 PM

“At which point she’ll touch me.” Desmonda let the grumble out and failed to fully hide her distaste at the thought.

Desmonda shrugged, not that it could be seen with her shoulders covered by the costume. This only added to her reasons for annoyance. Not only did she look utterly stupid, was sweating more than she suspected a person really should but she also had her gestures stolen from her.

“I wouldn’t bet gold on that.” She told Alex as she glanced around the field looking for the woman responsible for the day. Desmonda would expect anything from Autumn Winters that day, nothing the woman could now do would surprise her. Or so she hoped because she really didn’t want that kind of surprise.

She returned his smile and took on a conspiratorial air too, “Or just send them to their common rooms. Pretend they don’t exist for the night.” She was sure that’s what the professors were doing when she’d been at school. It was probably the oldest trick in the book now she thought about it. Out of sight, out of mind.

It was good that he agreed not to judge her. Not that his judgement would have altered her course. The idea had been in her head for at least an hour and it wouldn’t be shifted.

“It’s fine, really.” Desmonda told him as she began to wonder just what his deal was. He seemed to have a need to be helpful which was just strange to her. She could be a helpful person herself of course but only when she saw a way of gaining something from the helpfulness.

“And no. You should probably stop letting me bend your ear too. I’ll complain all day if I get the chance.” She joked but it was true. Perhaps not on a normal day but certainly on that day. As long as she was trapped in her ridiculous costume a complaint was never far from passing her lips.

“You should go and have uh…” Once again the woman’s eyes travelled the field. “fun… I guess.” She shrugged only to be irritated again that the gesture was for nothing.

Alex Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks to G for the set
OWL
^
Gideon Fawkes
 Posted: May 11 2018, 11:54 AM

“No, not yet.” Gideon answered Nate as he scratched the back of his head. “I got umm distracted before I got a chance to check out anything.”

He felt no need to go into detail about his distraction. People probably wouldn’t believe him anyway - they hadn’t before. Blythe was a professor’s child and that seemed to automatically make her a golden child. No matter how much of a horrible witch she decided to be Gideon was sure she’d always get away with it.

“Shall we hunt some eggs then?” Gideon knew it was more a matter of finding than hunting but since everyone was calling it a hunt he would too.

“A load of people with maps went that way.” He pointed in the direction he’d seen other students head off in. The thought of going into the forest terrified Gideon but he didn’t want to go and show it. No one else seemed to be scared. What harm could there really be?

Gideon set off, taking a map from a walking egg on the way and opening it up so he and Nate could look together. He kept his pace casual to put off the minute he’d enter the forest as long as he could. He just hoped Nate would match his strides and not expect him to hurry along.

Nate Essex

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Courtney for the set
OWLHowler
^
Poppy Burke
 Posted: May 11 2018, 01:55 PM

“Well that’s good because might is all you’re going to get.” Poppy was enjoying teasing Aiden even if there was no malice to it. It was strange though since the only way she ever teased muggleborns before was when it was positively steeped in the malice and hate she’d been brought up to have.

“Some of the people forced here just want the candy too.” Poppy informed Aiden with a small smile. While she didn’t relish the thought of having to hunt for the treats she certainly wanted them.

“Don’t say that.” Poppy hissed. “He might hear you and get ideas.” She went so far as to glance around worriedly to make sure the Minister wasn’t anywhere near before she giggled at herself. The thought was in her head though and she could only assume that a politician would make the worst kind of educator. Professors liked the sound of their own voices but politicians took that to a whole other level.

Poppy shrugged at his statement. “If you say so.” She couldn’t see it herself how scrambling around could be fun but she’d leave Aiden to believe what he wanted.

She flashed a smug smile his way when he agreed she had a point.

She beamed when Aiden proclaimed her changing ears to be awesome. At home it had quickly become normal for Poppy’s appearance to change since she’d been changing since the day she was born. Her parents and Nero were used to it. Then when she’d started school she hadn’t wanted to stand out too much. She didn’t want to be different.

Now she realised how wrong she’d been in that thinking. It was nice to share what she could do with someone else, fun even to see Aiden’s expressions as she changed just slightly.

“It’s not mines either.” She told him with a small smile. “Which is probably why it’s taken all these years for me to put the effort in.” That and the fact that Granny Selwyn was now encouraging her more than ever.

The laughing group didn’t include anyone whose opinion Poppy had to be concerned about. That didn’t mean she wasn’t pissed at the laughing though. She glared then nudged Aiden and pointed to her hair which quickly changed to mirror the ridiculous haircut of one of the girls from the group. She swept a hand through the shorter, uneven locks. “Imagine laughing at people when you look this stupid.”

“Okay.” She agreed with Aiden as the change of hair reverted to her usual choice. “Game on.”

Aiden Flynn

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks to G for the set!
OWL
^
Xolani Oloo
 Posted: May 12 2018, 10:23 AM

Xolani regarded the man again then shrugged. She saw nothing wrong with tall women. She was one, though, so perhaps she was biased. The hair on the other hand...

"I don't understand the length and not containing it somehow." But then, she kept her hair in braids and more often than not, hand them pulled up or back in some way. "I hear that most men around here like that sort of thing, though." She gave a shrug as if to suggest she didn't understand that opinion either.

She grinned and nodded. A competition of sorts with unwitting contestants. It could be fun. Until he left. Oh well, didn't mean she couldn't carry on without him. But he was back in no time with another sweet treat in his hand. Oh good, she hadn't scared him off, then.

"Xolani Oloo," she responded in kind, shaking his offered hand before rolling her eyes and chuckling, "the pleasure's all min." She knew plenty of the stuffy sort, most of them old family friends. It was a nice change getting to mock them instead of having to be sincere or risk Mum's wrath.

"So what's your type? Short hair, average height? Average hair and short? Light, dark?" Xolani looked from him to the ladies roaming around. Not that his type mattered for a competition. She was certain that what she found attractive in her own gender wasn't precisely what he would find the same.

Ianto Barnes

--------------------
user posted image
OWLHowler
^
Lottie Cane
 Posted: May 14 2018, 01:07 PM

As soon as he said 'Lottie' she relaxed, less annoyed by the boy in front of her. Of course she knew that it wasn't his fault that he was unaware of the hatred she harboured for her given name, it was just something she never had to encounter within Hogwarts. Most of her friends knew to call her Lottie and it was only if the professors took a roll call that her full name was ever spoken.

"Thank you."

Ah so at least she had been following the correct group. It would have been difficult to explain to anyone in her house why she was trailing after a bunch of Gryffindors if they hadn't been heading in the correct direction. Even then, the egg hunt was looked down upon by most of her housemates, she was surprised she had gotten away with the excuse of chocolate with her closer friends.

"I understand that." She thought of her cousin, Polly, and frowned. She knew that Apollymi would be finding a quiet spot to sulk about being forced into coming, if she hadn't already found a way to sneak back into the castle. She opened her mouth to speak, only to close it abruptly when he continued to talk.

"Strike out on your own." It wasn't that bad of an idea, it would even help improve chances of getting more chocolate when not being in such a large group. How surprising that it came from a Gryffindor... Weren't they all about teamwork or some unicorn dung?

She could still feel the pink flush on her face for blurting his name out, praying to whatever God was listening that no one else heard that. "Yes. Quite." She cleared her throat, moving on from that topic swiftly.

"I am heading for the egg hunt. Though I'm keen on this 'striking out on your own' idea. What's to say we don't do our own hunting, before the official start?" She questioned, a sly smirk on her face. "It must take a while for everyone who wishes to partake to arrive, we could already sweep up most of the hidden chocolate before they even say go."

"Thoughts?"

Liam McGrath

--------------------

user posted image
~Thanks G for the amazing set!~
Other Characters:

OWL
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Hogsmeade | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4