Cryptic Conjuring -> The Hunt
It is May 2077.
High temps reach 14°C while the lows stay nice at 7°C. Day begins at 5.30am and ends with sunset at 9pm. Rain is an almost constant with dry days being mostly clouded over.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
House Points
G
H

R
S
Board Stats
M F
Adults 19 12
University 3 1
Hogwarts 14 12

Hogwarts
First Years 0
Second Years 1
Third Years 1
Fourth Years 5
Fifth Years 4
Sixth Years 11
Seventh Years 4

Hogwarts Houses
Gryffindors 7
Hufflepuffs 6
Ravenclaws 5
Slytherins 8

University
First Years 2
Second Years 2
Third Years 0
Fourth Years 0

Blood Status
Purebloods 22
Halfbloods 20
Muggleborns 12
Unknown 2
Squibs 1
Vampires 1
Veelas 4
Fey 1
Werewolves 0
Changeling 0
Social Media

Tumblr

Rating

Click for Explanation
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The Hunt, Open to All
Taren Rayne
 Posted: Apr 19 2018, 03:41 PM

Taren took a deep breath as he walked down the road in the village of Hogsmeade. It had been a long time since the last time he’d walked these streets and he was vaguely amazed to find how little had changed. Certainly, the architecture and some of the technology had advanced; but, overall, it was still the same sleepy, backwater town that he remembered.

People still wandered about, rushing back and forth, only occasionally stopping to acknowledge or speak with each other. They flowed around him like water, unconsciously stepping out of his way as he walked without even seeming to notice that he was there. For the moment, it was exactly what he wanted.

The sounds from outside the town caught his attention and his feet guided him that direction, stopping briefly to investigate the train station. A train was a uniquely non-magical contraption and he wondered, briefly, about how the town founders would have felt about it being there. With a shake of his head he continued on his way and smiled as he spotted the crowd of children wandering the fields – in groups or alone.

He contented himself with standing and watching them just for a few moments. The sound of children laughing was something he wasn’t sure he’d ever become truly accustomed to, but it brought to mind several welcome memories from over the years. As his eyes scanned the field, they lit upon a young one, off on her own, on a bench under the trees. It seemed like she was trying to pretend she was somewhere else and losing herself in a book.

Without a second thought, he crossed to where she was and joined her on the bench. With a bright smile, he greeted her, “Hello, I hope you don’t mind the company. I saw you sitting here and I was curious as to what book could be so interesting as to keep you from the activity?”

Penelope Montague-Farnese

--------------------
user posted image
=Art by G=
OWL
^
 Posted: Apr 21 2018, 11:16 AM

Having been taught not to talk to strangers, particularly strangers of the older male variety, Penelope was momentarily alarmed by an unknown man joining her on the bench. She considered pretending she hadn’t heard him and instead continue reading until he went away, but then again perhaps she was a bit too old to still adhere to such rules and so she peaked up from her book to see who had interrupted.
On most days she would have been bothered to have been disrupted in her reading but finding the stranger not terribly awful to glace upon she decided herself much less opposed to his presence, and she returned his smile.

“Not at all.” She replied, “Of course I should have liked to have been engulfed in a tale of crumbling castles and hidden curses, scheming villains and persecuted heroines, but alas, I’m doing some extracurricular charms studies... No less interesting, though I dare say not quite so suspenseful.”
Being such a fan of fiction she thought it necessary to explain why she would choose studying over it, or by all means answer his inquiry why she wasn’t out hunting eggs like the other pillocks. “I’m sitting an exam next weekend which will determined whether or not my application to attend charms school this summer will be accepted.”

As she finished speaking Penelope closed the book and folded her hands over it in her lap. She returned her eyes to him, surveying him with curiosity. “What’s your excuse then?” She asked with a cheeky smile.

Taren Rayne

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Lottie Cane
 Posted: Apr 22 2018, 01:23 PM

Lottie was happily following behind the group of Gryffindors, ignoring the rest of the fair and noise that accompanied it. That part she wasn't so interested in, unless there was a food stall. Speaking off, she really should see if there was a food stall, bringing Apollymi some food might put the girl in a better mood.

It was as she was thinking of this that someone came up right in front of her. With a small squeak of surprise she stopped dead, saving herself the dignity of falling backwards. Who had almost bowled her over? Running her eyes up, she spotted one of the Gryffindors she had be trailing, vaguely recalling the boy from her classes.

A shudder ran through her as he called her by her full name. She never went by that name and the only people who had ever called her that was her grandparents and her father, though with her father she was sure he did it just because he knew she hated her full name.

"Correct." She started, voice strained from the annoyance caused from that name. "But I'd much prefer the name Lottie."

What was his name? She should remember, he was from her class. Oh she knew it, she did! It was on the tip of her tongue... For now, she'd have to just bide her time. "Why did you suddenly turn around?" She blurted out. "Wasn't that group heading to the egg hunt... thing?" She waved her hand, as if she was completely disinterested by such silliness.

"Liam!" She called, insanely proud of being able to recall his name. Saying it outloud instead of her head, however, she was less proud of. "Liam, right? I didn't even say hi, my apologies." She quickly backtracked, plastering on a smile.

Liam McGrath

--------------------

user posted image
~Thanks G for the amazing set!~
Other Characters:

OWL
^
Autumn Winters
 Posted: Apr 24 2018, 03:21 PM

Autumn smiled delightedly when Arthur stared at he seemingly at a loss for words. She had that effect on people sometimes and was mightily proud of it too.

“You are most welcome my angry little carrot muncher.” She was cheery in the face of his hatred, his humiliation served to spur her on. Though she had no particular ill feeling for this pureblood and more of a general distaste humiliating as many as she could was quite high on her to-do list for the day.

“Oh no, nothing really. I’m just checking in. We all have our little jobs to do - I have the pleasure of talking to you all throughout the day, whenever I fancy it.”

The woman laughed loudly. “Look at you trying to be insulting when you look like… well… that.” She laughed again as she waved her hand up and down before him. “So brave of you to give it a try.”

She looked around the field at all the people milling around appearing to be having a good time. “So,” she began, “Is the costume to your liking? Does it fit well? Comfortable?” Autumn really didn’t care, she was merely trying to goad the man. “The children certainly seem to love it. You’re a hit with them all.”

Arthur Weasley

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Court for the set!
OWL
^
Taren Rayne
 Posted: Apr 25 2018, 03:07 PM

Taren watched the internal struggle the young girl dealt with as she decided whether to speak with him. In the end, he wasn’t very surprised that she gave in. With a low rumble of laughter, he agreed, “Those are always the best stories. However, I would say that charms are always a valuable thing to study as well. What it is that you’re studying?”

“I’ve always been quite gifted with charms, and I might be able to help you.”

The smile was back on his face as he looked out over the crowds of children running around and gathering eggs or stopping by the stands that had been set up. After a moment, he turned his attention back to Penelope.

“It would appear that the games and diversions are set up for the young. I dare say that wouldn’t apply to me.”

“What is your name?” he questioned.

--------------------
user posted image
=Art by G=
OWL
^
Arthur Weasley
 Posted: Apr 26 2018, 03:47 PM

The pleased smile that spread across her face made Arthur cringe. It made it clear that he’d given her exactly what it was that she’d wanted. He’d made it one of his personal goals to do that as infrequently as was humanly possible. This time, unfortunately, just hadn’t been able to be avoided. Her greeting didn’t do anything to help him calm down; he seethed at her insult, and the fact that she hadn’t even felt the need to veil it.

Once again, he was struck by just how far the magical world had fallen – how far his family had been content to sit back and watch it fall – that some jumped up mudblood would feel comfortable talking to him that way. His grip tightened on his basket as he fought back the retort that would doubtlessly have seen him fired.

“A pleasure… I’m sure…”

Again, he had to fight back the urge to return her insults with ones of his own when she – happily – allowed their confrontation to progress. With a nod and a forced smile he agreed, “Yes, it fits just fine and is surprisingly comfortable for a costume that has no place in our world. As for the kids, that’s not a surprise – they clearly care less about the costume and more about the candy that you’re allowing me to deliver to them.”

“It’s making me very popular – even some of the parents have come by to thank me for what I’m doing.”

Autumn Winters

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Liam McGrath
 Posted: Apr 26 2018, 03:48 PM

The look of vague recognition in her eyes – the same one that he was sure he’d worn on his face – actually made him feel a little better. If nothing else, it meant he didn’t have any reason to feel bad about not being certain of her name. Liam didn’t miss the shudder either and made a mental note of it. She didn’t seem to be one of the jerks, as far as he could tell, but it would be nice to have that reaction on hand if she ever proved him wrong about that.

“Lottie it is,” he replied with a pleasant smile.

“Yeah, they’re going,” Liam answered her question as he looked over his shoulder at his departing House mates, “but they’re just a little bit too into this thing. I’m all about the chocolate, don’t get me wrong, but it’s going to take a lot of the fun out of everything to have so many people hovering around the edges, whining about being forced to come.”

He finished with a shrug, “I thought it might be better to strike out on my own, grab some candy, and then find something fun to do. How about you? Were you going to go check out the egg hunt?”

“That’s me!” he agreed, brightening as she remembered his name.

“Nothing to apologize for.”

“So how about it,” he asked, “are you headed for the egg hunt too?”

Lottie Cane

--------------------
user posted image
=Arts By G=
OWLHowler
^
Alex Morrigan
 Posted: Apr 26 2018, 08:59 PM

Alex hadn’t intended to come to the Easter gathering. At least, he hadn’t intended to before he’d been informed that he would have to. Before they’d all started at Hogwarts, Easter had been a big deal in his branch of the Morrigan family tree. His wife’s family had been very devout, and they’d made the holiday a part of their family tradition. This was going to be the first year without her and he wasn’t sure how he felt about that.

His students were reasonably well behaved about attending, even though it was clear that a sizeable number of them had no real interest in going. A couple of them had to be corralled into the group, and he turned a blind eye to a few that slipped off on the trip down into the village. At that point, they had to spend far, far too much time standing around waiting for things to begin. Especially among the younger years, they quickly grew restless as the stories of chocolate and candy spread through the crowd.

Eventually the Minister began his little speech and Alex immediately zoned out. It was all things he knew before, and he really didn’t want to have to deal with the students that were inevitably going to make a break for it when the ‘lesson’ ended and the fun could begin.

Or, at least it would have been fun for the kids. Alex was stuck moving around the field answering questions and helping the kids become more comfortable with what was going on. A small group of first years came up to him and asked if he’d take them to get candy from the rabbit. After the third or fourth time, Alex decided that he deeply envied the students that had bolted.

As soon as they were engaged with the rabbit, the poor man, Alex turned and made his way the other direction. He couldn’t help but feel really badly for the ministry workers who’d been forced to dress up in those costumes. They were beyond humiliating. A thought that was driven home as his feet carried him past a woman dressed as an egg…

The look on her face was exactly the one that he would have expected he’d have carried in her place. He offered a sympathetic smile and thanked her, “We really appreciate you coming out to help with this. Thank you so much.”

Desmonda Stanis

--------------------

=Art by G=

All Characters:

OWL
^
Brandon Stewart
 Posted: Apr 26 2018, 09:28 PM

The blank stare he received from the new Headmaster made Brandon bristle, though he had far, far too much experience as a politician to allow it to show on his face. As the new teacher seemed to weigh him, Brandon kept the open, friendly smile on his face and waited. Finally, Taggart reached out and took his hand, a good first start at least.

“We should have, yes,” he agreed happily.

“I would have loved to meet with you before you took up your position, but the Board of Governor’s played your appointment extremely close to the vest. Your predecessor and I worked together very closely, and I hope that we can have a similar relationship.”

Brandon smiled again as the Headmaster noted all the work that had gone into the affair. It had been a bear to pull together but had been completely worth it in the end. The sounds of the children laughing and playing made it all worth it.

“I agree,” he answered, “I have many pleasant memories of Easter morning egg hunts and the time with friends and family. I’m pleased to be able to share this with the new generations.”

The Minister considered the man’s words and nodded in agreement. It was something that he’d thought about too but there hadn’t been much to be done with it.

“You’re correct, it might end up being a misstep in the end. However, I am deeply hopeful that it won’t be. If it had been left as a voluntary event, I am certain that a large percentage of the Purebloods would have declined to join us. That situation would have encouraged many of the half-bloods or more open-minded Purebloods to remain behind as well.”

He shrugged and finished, “Making it mandatory gives that second group cover to come and experience the event without claiming it as something they wanted to do, and it succeeds and exposing the first group to something fun from the non-magical world.”

“I assure you,” he shook his head, “I would much rather have been able to use a lighter touch with this.”

Drake Taggart

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Blythe Morrigan
 Posted: Apr 26 2018, 10:20 PM

She scoffed at his initial denial. He had to be going somewhere, since he was moving. The fact that he even thought he could get away with a lie like that just made her that much angrier with him. It wasn’t enough that he had almost killed her once – now he was trying to run her down again. There wasn’t any excuse for the fact that he was still at the school to begin with; all she could do from this point on was to make his life as miserable as possible. Maybe he’d pack it in and leave on his own.

Then he had the nerve to mouth of to her and she could just stand there, slack-jawed. Every time they’d interacted before he’d cowered before her and she was almost seething that he wasn’t following the script this time around.

It seemed that he realized that he crossed a line too with the way he was looking around. Finally, she got her apology, even if it wasn’t as sincere as she would have hoped. She sneered at him, “You should be.”

“If it weren’t for you and your kind’s insistence on pretending that the muggle world is so far beneath you we wouldn’t be here today. The Minister wouldn’t have had any reason to force us all to attend this stupid thing.

Blythe glared at him and finished, “This is all your fault.”

Gideon Fawkes

--------------------
user posted image
=Art by G=
OWLHowler
^
Aiden Flynn
 Posted: Apr 30 2018, 02:19 PM

The fact that she was so clearly nervous and uncomfortable just standing near him and talking was a source of deep frustration for Aiden. A small part of him could understand the concern the Purebloods had at all of the changes that were being made to their world; but that was the nature of things. Everything changed; and you just had to find a way to keep up or you’d be left behind. Any solution that caused such nervousness in a person wasn’t a solution at all.

With a grin, he shrugged and answered, “I would have happily taken that blame before this morning. But, now, if this is shit then it’s all on the Minister… and the Headmaster for going along with this insane idea to make it mandatory.”

“I suppose I owe them a ‘thank you,’ actually,” he finished with a chuckle.

Then came the Minster’s opening remarks and Aiden was reminded, once again, just why he detested politicians. For a day that was supposed to be devoted to fun and children’s game, he certainly managed to start it off with a wonderful exercise in boredom. Why did the adults all seem to want to talk so, so much when there wasn’t really anything that needed to be said.

As the man droned on, Aiden’s eyes wandered around the field, and he couldn’t help but snort in laughter at the adults he could see standing around in the most horrendous costumes he could imagine. He wondered if that was some sort of punishment for a slight at the Ministry or something like that. For the life of him, he couldn’t imagine anyone volunteering for the detail they’d been assigned.

“You can’t possibly blame me that the Minister doesn’t know when to stop talking…” he whined playfully.

At her question, he smiled and answered, “Well, you wanted to see what the egg hunt was all about. Let’s go find out where they’ve got that set up and we could give it a try… then we could go laugh at some of those people,” he finished, pointing to the adults dressed as eggs and the bunny.

Poppy Burke

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Desmonda Stanis
 Posted: Apr 30 2018, 02:43 PM

For a long moment Desmonda merely stared at Alex Morrigan slowly blinking twice as something much like shock took hold of her. It was one thing to be aware of the age gap between her and Richard. It was a completely different thing altogether to be faced with proof of that gap in the form of his fully grown adult son. Though she’d obviously known and had given it some thought the fact that the man she was sleeping with had a son older than she hit her then with a thud. It wasn’t as though it was a problem for her but she was having something of an oh wow moment about it all the same.

“Umm…” She knew she had to say something but words escaped her. The only thoughts that would stick in her head were that she was sneaking around with this man’s dad and they were both older than her. Then her mind really turned against her by tossing the fact of Timothy’s existence to the forefront as well. Reminding her that not only was she having a fling with a father but a grandfather too. “Okay…” It could have been a response to Alex or her own traitorous brain.

With some amount of mental effort Desmonda got herself together and managed a smile. “I’m happy to do it for the kids.” She lied easily having already been warned what would happen if she spoke of her displeasure to anyone. The children had become two-legged rats in her eyes nothing but vermin - she’d do not one other thing for them from this day on. “Maybe not the stickier ones.” The grumble slipped out, proof that she wasn’t quite as composed as she’d believed herself to be.

There was no way she was correcting herself. They were sticky and they insisted on touching her with their stickiness too. When she got home that night she was going for a bath and not getting out for at least a week.

“Would you like a map?” She asked, her returning irritation successfully sweeping away the last of her shock. Desmonda held a map out to the man.

Alex Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks to G for the set
OWL
^
Drake Taggart
 Posted: Apr 30 2018, 08:35 PM

Drake kept up his smile in response to the man’s agreement.

“Given the circumstances they felt it was for the best.” Drake hadn’t fully agreed but it hadn’t been his call to make. “You are always welcome at the castle.”

If the man expected the new Headmaster to be politically involved he would be sorely disappointed. Unless it had some sort of impact on his students Drake was happy to stay well out of politics. He was happy to leave the games to those who actually wished to play them. With that in mind he did know there would be times when he would be forced to play whether he wanted to or not. Best to at least try to build a working relationship with the Minister.

“I don’t know about pleasant memories.” Drake’s smile was a little less fake. “My memories of easter all include a lot of rain and grumpy adults. I’m positive it rained more back then.”

The Minister’s point was an easy one to understand. Still, it didn’t change Drake’s view. He could just get onboard with making the muggle studies class mandatory but that was because it was a recurring thing - the kids kept going and eventually they just got used to it. A one off event was a totally different issue. It was Drake’s belief that forcing them was the worst thing to do. Better would have been to let those who would have chosen to come along spread their stories of the event. It was a long game where it was to be hoped that word of mouth would increase the numbers at each event after. A much better though slower option indeed.

As for the second group he had an easier way to get them there too. He could have added an extra Hogsmeade day to the calendar and given them the cover that way. The most bigoted of the purists wouldn’t have been caught anywhere near the village leaving others to attend the event under cover of a shopping trip. It wasn’t a perfect plan he knew and didn’t matter since he hadn’t been asked and nor had he wanted to be.

“I believe you.” He wasn’t sure if he did or he didn’t but as it stood he had no cause to disbelieve the man’s words. Over time he was sure he would find out if there had been truth behind them. “You’ve got it all thought out.”

“Are there plans for any future Ministry events?” He enquired politely. If the Ministry was to go on with a game of tit-for-tat with the purebloods then Drake wanted to know. Only the Ministry could force his students along and he would need some assurances going forward if this was more than a one-off.

Brandon Stewart

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Ophie
OWL
^
Brandon Stewart
 Posted: May 1 2018, 03:07 PM

“I appreciate the invitation,” Brandon replied pleasantly, “I hope that I can find time to take you up on it soon. It’s important that we have open communication between us.”

In Minister Stewart’s eyes, politics would definitely need to affect the children; not least of all, because they would be influencing politics once they got out of school and it was important that they had their eyes open to the way the wider world worked. The isolationism of the past couldn’t work for too much longer. Headmaster Norwood had understood and delighted in working to fix the problem. Brandon was interested to see where Headmaster Taggart would come to stand on the issue.

“It does seem like the rain has been coming a bit less frequently lately. Maybe that falls in with the global warming stuff; or perhaps, like everything else, it’s just cyclical and we’re in a down period. Regardless, I can’t say I often find myself wishing for more rain.”

Brandon laughed and countered, “I certainly hope so, but I have to admit that I’d be surprised if that were the case. I have thoughts and plans, but to think I’ve got it all thought out… All I can do is the best I can do, and then see where things go from there.”

“I’m hopeful that there will be. We still have some more planning to do. I’ll have to have my assistant get in touch with you and we’ll see if we can arrange some time for us to talk. Maybe work out a plan, or if you have any ideas…”

With a rueful grin he offered, “I don’t want to interfere with your plans or schedule for the children any more than is necessary. It’s one of many reasons that it is a good idea for us to remain close.”

Drake Taggart

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Alex Morrigan
 Posted: May 1 2018, 03:07 PM

The silence that followed his greeting was both unexpected and unsettling. Of all the responses that he thought, he might have received, that hadn’t even made the list. There was recognition in her eyes, so she clearly knew who he was. Just as he was beginning to fidget under her gaze, she started to speak. Her non-answer brought a quick grin to his face. Although, he wasn’t sure why she seemed to have trouble putting together a simple acknowledgement.

Finally, she got around to it and he returned her smile with one of his own. It shouldn’t have been that hard, but it would have been unutterably rude to call her out on it. Then she added her after thought and he couldn’t restrain the bark of surprised laughter that was apparently so common to the Morrigans, “Yes, believe me I can understand exactly where you’re coming from.”

“I still feel like they need to introduce a decent cleaning charm a lot earlier than the curriculum allows for. Fortunately, most of them seem to get the hang of it sooner rather than later.”

“Certainly,” he replied as he took the offered map, “thank you very much.”

“How long do they have you roped into doing this today?”

Desmonda Stanis

--------------------

=Art by G=

All Characters:

OWL
^
Autumn Winters
 Posted: May 1 2018, 06:38 PM

“Oh of course, nothing but.” Autumn could have drowned in the sarcasm she dripped.

Autumn let the man finished before she noted. “Apparently there’s a lot that doesn’t belong in our world. Such as employee laws that would have kept you out of that costume.” She was informing every pureblood of that fact that day. Arthur had been nice enough to lay the set-up but she would shoehorn it into conversation if she had to.

“Popularity must make a lovely change for you.” She needled even if her tone was light and breezy. “I am glad. It all helps make the day a success.” Another point she’d drive home to them but as many times as she could. She’d even go as far as to big them up. Declare the day could not be what it was without the help of the purebloods.

The woman took a moment to look around again at those taking part in the day. Noticing another group of children on their way towards Arthur she grinned once more. “Come on then. Big smiles for the children.” Autumn took a step back away from the children. She’d made sure that there would be no actual need for her to interact with them that day.

Arthur Weasley

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Court for the set!
OWL
^
Gideon Fawkes
 Posted: May 1 2018, 06:53 PM

Gideon felt he should have known he’d be scoffed at. It wasn’t as if Blythe was ever going to believe a single word he said. Though he knew her attitude wasn’t just because of the accident Gideon still did carry a lot of guilt about it. An accident is what it had been but that made him feel no less bad about it. The fact that Blythe was a bitch and her father an arse helped ease the guilt a bit, but only a little.

“If you say so.” He looked down at his feet in the face of her sneer. He really didn’t understand why if she detested him so much she didn’t just stay away from him. He certainly did his best to stay away from her, as far away as he could whenever possible.

His head rose slowly when she spoke of blame for the Minister feeling the need to put on the event. As far as Gideon was aware the blame really lay with Blythe’s own Grandfather and Mrs Selwyn. He’d heard some of the others purebloods talking and it seemed many of them expected the Ministry to copy. There was no reason to tell Blythe that though, she’d only rubbish it and he wouldn’t be surprised if she found some way to blame him for Mr Morrigan and Mrs Selwyn’s plans. She seemed good at masterful leaps of the mind.

He took another step back when she hit him with a glare again. “I’m sure you’re right.” He agreed with her. It was the only defence he knew when faced with such a person. A person much like his father. One who was determined to take their anger out on him no matter what he said or done.

Looking around he made another attempt to find a way away from this girl without setting her off anymore. He had to wonder why no one helpful was ever around when they were actually needed. No help to hand pushed him to make a decision he’d much rather not. He’d have to be blunt but not rude. Thought he felt Blythe probably felt the fact that he breathed was rude enough.

“Are you done?” He asked with a tremble in his voice as he tensed slightly as if expecting a blow.

Blythe Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Courtney for the set
OWLHowler
^
Poppy Burke
 Posted: May 1 2018, 08:48 PM

Poppy scoffed at his idea of getting off with the blame. She’d agreed to come with him before the event was made mandatory so it was still, kind of his fault she was there. So she could blame him as much as she wanted still.

“Why?” Poppy could see no reason to ever thank the Minister or Headmaster thanks for anything. They were both annoying adults, the Headmaster only slightly better because he didn’t drone on for hours long speeches.

“I most certainly can.” Poppy crossed her arms. “That’s one mark against you already.”

Having been so disinterested Poppy hadn’t noticed the adults in their costumes. She looked at them all as the two set off on their way. Before long Poppy was frowning as she realised she knew some of them. There was no reason she could find for any of the recognisable faces to be there nevermind taking an active part. Well, it was something that didn’t concern her so she wouldn’t let it.

As she and Aiden walked she was getting further away from her fellow Slytherins. Much closer to the break she needed. Though she felt justified in her need to be away from them since she’d become their prey Poppy also felt guilty. She suspected this kind of thing was exactly what adults had meant when they’d told her that Slytherin House toughens people up.

“Is dressing people in silly costumes a regular thing for Easter?” While she was disgusted with herself for remembering the name of the holiday Poppy had to ask. It seemed so strange and she still didn’t understand the connection with it and eggs. She was at a complete loss as to how a giant colourful rabbit tied in to it all.

Aiden Flynn

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks to G for the set!
OWL
^
Aiden Flynn
 Posted: May 2 2018, 02:16 PM

Well, he had thought that he had reason to thank them. Her scoff made him less sure and he grinned lamely when she questioned him about it. It had all sounded good in his head, at least until she’d blatantly refused to play along. Aiden chuckled and shrugged, “Well, they would have deserved a thanks if you’d been in for this being their fault for making everything mandatory instead of leaving it mine…”

“Since you’re not playing around, they just deserve a kick in the shins.”

“How many marks do I get before I really regret it?” he asked curiously. It would be nice to know what sort of scale he was up against so that he could be aware of when it was time to start being really careful. After all, the goal was to have fun – not make one more enemy among the purebloods.

“It absolutely is,” he replied with a grin as he was struck once again at how silly the adults looked in their costumes. They seemed to be handing things out from the baskets they were carrying and he started to lead them closer until he noticed that they were handing out something paper rather than candy. That was a disappointing turn of events, but the Minister was a muggleborn so there had to be chocolate around her somewhere.

“Normally it’s something that people volunteer for if you’re dealing with families or churches. Then there are people who dress up like this in malls and such, but they are paid for it. This group… this group doesn’t look that happy about it.”

As they walked, he leaned down and grabbed one of the papers that a young kid had dropped – the boy hadn’t even looked like he was at Hogwarts yet. He smiled as he recognized the map that he was holding in his hands. After a brief once over he changed their direction and started toward the tree line. It seemed that the Ministry had set up a couple of different egg hunts for varying ranges of students, and this would be the one for the Hogwarts students.

Poppy Burke

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Blythe Morrigan
 Posted: May 2 2018, 02:36 PM

The deferential look in the Slytherin was back, and Blythe began to feel a bit more comfortable with the situation. This was how things were supposed to be; she was supposed to be the one with the power and stupid Gideon Fawkes was supposed to bow and scrape for what he’d done. For the most part her plan to avoid him worked well, but she’d come to enjoy these moments where she could make him squirm.

“I do say so,” she agreed imperiously.

Again, she frowned at him as he dared to raise his head to look at her and had the gall even to look as though he wanted to say something to disagree with her. Clearly, the boy hadn’t managed to learn his place just yet. It was something he was going to have to learn to do sooner rather than later if he wanted to find a place in the world that increasingly belonged less and less to his kind. At least he seemed to have picked up enough to keep his trap shut and agree with his betters.

It would have been nice to have a bit more reason to take him to task, but he was being properly obsequious and she thought it might be all right to let him go and make her way off to find some candy. With one final glare at him, she nodded, “Yes, I’m done with you. You may go now.”

With that said, she turned and made her way away from him – and further into the field, headed for the booths, which surely must have something fun to do.

--------------------
user posted image
=Art by G=
OWLHowler
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Hogsmeade | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4 
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse