Cryptic Conjuring -> What is Going On?
It is May 2077.
High temps reach 14°C while the lows stay nice at 7°C. Day begins at 5.30am and ends with sunset at 9pm. Rain is an almost constant with dry days being mostly clouded over.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
House Points
G
H

R
S
Board Stats
M F
Adults 19 12
University 3 1
Hogwarts 14 12

Hogwarts
First Years 0
Second Years 1
Third Years 1
Fourth Years 5
Fifth Years 4
Sixth Years 11
Seventh Years 4

Hogwarts Houses
Gryffindors 7
Hufflepuffs 6
Ravenclaws 5
Slytherins 8

University
First Years 2
Second Years 2
Third Years 0
Fourth Years 0

Blood Status
Purebloods 22
Halfbloods 20
Muggleborns 12
Unknown 2
Squibs 1
Vampires 1
Veelas 4
Fey 1
Werewolves 0
Changeling 0
Social Media

Tumblr

Rating

Click for Explanation
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Add Reply
New Poll

What is Going On?, Theron/Pavon
Theron Rosier
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 03:54 PM

Theron was confused. There weren’t actually words for just how confused he was and he didn’t know what to do about it. It had been months since the Yule Ball that the Morrigans had thrown and he’d spent the entire time being quiet and trying to figure out what was going on. Things hadn’t become even more clear after his attempt to rescue Poppy from Flynn only to be sent off with his tail between his legs. He’d thought they were friends – or possibly more after the kiss she’d given him – and she’d not only turned down his help but she’d essentially thrown him to Professor Hart’s tender mercies.

Not having any idea where he stood with Poppy, he didn’t really have anyone else that he could talk to; or at least nobody else he was comfortable with. His mind was racing but unable to come up with anything useful when he was distracted by the sight of someone familiar crossing the hall toward the steps descending into the dungeon.

His heart skipped a beat as he recognized the other object of his confusion and he shook his head. The intention of continuing on his way and finding somewhere quiet that he could sit and think evaporated as – without conscious thought – he found himself jogging toward the other boy and calling out, “Pavon! Hold on a second!”

Pavon B Sannesley

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Pavon B Sannesley
 Posted: Mar 30 2018, 05:50 AM

Things had been slowly improving for a while now. While he still had reactions to the potion that was helping him clean his body of the other, he had just had a few days when nothing happened at all. He'd hoped that was a sign that it was soon to be the end of needing to take it, but doubted it when just that morning he was forced to be late for class for not feeling well at all. Now he was better and ready to maybe go out for some fresh air or just get a few more books he needed to read up on what he had been doing over the holidays.

So lost in thought he had not expected someone to begin running towards him. His head jerked upwards, ready to defend himself, when his angry expression changed to one of bewilderment and finally something more positive. "Hey." He had not seen the other boy much if at all since that little drunken incident. He may have wished not to remember anything, but instead he remembered most. His head had hurt of course, the next day and he swore not to drink again since. Well, at least until the next good opportunity arose and there were no adults to catch them in the act. "Ros.... Theron, What is it?" He asked and briefly looked past the boy as if expecting him to be pursued by some beast of some sorts that wanted him harm and he was rushing forth to warn him about it. Well, he sure did not look distressed enough for that.

He smiled, polite and warm at the pureblood. Even if they did not share a house, he was fine, a good , well bred pureblood he could almost forgive him for not wearing green and being instead... in that house. "Is something wrong?" He asked, his eyes briefly halting on the other's face, a memory from that night flashing forward before his gaze was once more averted. Not the time or place.

Theron Rosier

--------------------
-http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m579/Patches_the_shipcat/pavonbannerrrounded_zpszcdmsiuo.png-
OWL
^
Theron Rosier
 Posted: Mar 30 2018, 02:15 PM

If nothing else, Theron felt a little better that Pavon hadn’t turned and hurried off the other direction; he wouldn’t have missed that signal. Once Theron had closed the distance between them, however, he hesitated and blanked out on what it was he was going to say. Instead of diving straight into the conversation he’d initially had planned, he smiled softly and returned the greeting, “Hello there.”

Then it struck him just how lame that was and he sighed, ducking his head as he fell into stop with the Slythern – content to follow wherever he was going for the moment. At least, he was until Pavon took the moment to ask why it was that Theron had called out to him, and Rosier realized he was going to be an awkward tool.

“I… uh… I just wanted to check in and say hi – see how things were going for you.”

“Haven’t really talked to you much since,” he swallowed and reordered his thoughts, “since the Ball.”

“Nothing wrong,” he confirmed.

“I’ve just been caught up in preparing for OWLs. I didn’t want… didn’t want you to think I was ignoring you or anything like that. What have you been up to?”

Pavon B Sannesley

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Pavon B Sannesley
 Posted: Mar 30 2018, 04:53 PM

"Oh, that's true. I thought you were busy with schoolwork and the OWLs." He smiled glancing towards Theron. He was content with the other's company, perhaps still feeling a little awkward, but debating whether he could make light of the situation even so. The ball, now that it was mentioned, had ended somewhat awkwardly. If Granny Selwyn had not come, they would probably have had more drink, but perhaps it was better than she did.

His smile relaxed and grew warmer when Theron told him that he had not wanted to have him think he was avoiding him. In part he actually had wondered. It was awkward and on a few occasions he had wanted to talk, approach him, and yet decided against it. A few of those times he had blamed his state with the potion that made him feel ill so that he had to hurry the other way, a few... just other students, not the best time, or something else. Well now, they were there, talking. "....So.... you didn't say..." He paused and looked to where they were going deciding to have them find a quiet place where they could talk in private and not have unwelcome ears listen in.

"Do you want to go outside? I was just... thinking the weather's nice enough and finally warm enough to go. It's sunny too." There, he had not asked what he had wanted, and he was nearly tempted not to, now that he had offered himself a window to avoid the subject.

Still, after a few moments his somewhat competitive side directed him back to the topic he had wanted to discuss. "....You didn't say who won. Who did it better?" He hoped Theron would catch on what he was asking about as he did not want to use the specific words till they were outside. He did not even know what Theron thought of it, the whole debacle. If he was honest, he did not know either. It was nice then, but they were all drunk.

Theron Rosier

--------------------
-http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m579/Patches_the_shipcat/pavonbannerrrounded_zpszcdmsiuo.png-
OWL
^
Theron Rosier
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 03:28 PM

“You’re not wrong,” Theron replied with a slightly relieved smile. If the older boy could make light of, or ignore what had happened, then everything was going to be fine.

“I guess you should have expected that, considering that you’ve been through it already.”

As an almost imperceptible tension had bled away from the Slytherin, Theron found himself smiling happily in return. He really didn’t have enough friends to go around writing them off as though they didn’t matter. It was extremely relieving to know that he hadn’t damaged his friendship with the Sannesley boy.

Theron looked up curiously, as Pavon started a question and then ended it just as quickly. At the invitation, he nodded and agreed, “That sounds great – I’ve been cooped up inside too long. My House doesn’t offer the best of company – it’ll be nice to get outside with a friend.”

With the decision made, he fell into step beside the other boy as they turned and made their way back through the school and toward Entrance Hall. There wasn’t much said during the short walk and there was only a slight tension from Pavon that made it just a little awkward. When the question finally came, Theron blushed softly.

Despite his best efforts to the contrary, it had been something that he’d been thinking about since it had happened. Both kisses had been… interesting… and fun… It was on the tip of his tongue to make a joke about the fact that he hadn’t been the one that was supposed to be the judge. However, he was certain it wasn’t the right time for that.

As they passed through the main doors and made their way out onto the grounds he replied quietly once they were away from the crowds, “They were all good – but I think yours was better.”

Pavon B Sannesley

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Pavon B Sannesley
 Posted: Apr 22 2018, 12:57 PM

"Mine was better?" There was a pause, as Pavon honestly had not expected to hear that said. It was not because he thought his was in any way inferior to the girl's, but simply because he thought even if it had been, Theron would have refused to admit to it. That he did however, made the young pureblood unable to hide the swell of pride at the words. "Ah yes.. of course it would be. Told you it would be." He said as if brushing it off as something that was completely expected and should not have been doubted in the first place. He found a good spot for them to sit down, where they would not make their robes dirty, while they would also be quite comfortable and away from the others, partially in the sun and partially in the shade so that there was an option to choose either depending on how hot it would get.

He leaned back on his hands glancing over at Theron. "It's a pity you are not in our house. You would fit well in there. " And he would have probably liked it better as well. From a distance they still looked like a slytherin sitting down with a Gryffindor, but since Theron was a pureblood and a rather more than acceptable company, he was willing to forgive him that.

"Our colours are nicer too." He joked , his smile broadening a little. "Too bad there is no way to switch the houses once you've been sorted. I think. There are certain people who would suit other houses better, come a few years along the way, and some.. that certainly do not suit our house and yet we have to suffer them till the end of our education here." He hesitated, realising that he was talking too much again and then just looked at Theron as if to give him a signal that he could speak as he wished too and that he was sorry that he'd gone on a tangent.

"So, you were sort of looking for me. Is there anything in particular that you wanted to discuss?" He asked, showing both with his expression and tone of voice that he was happy to do so, should Theron wish it. The company was good and for once, he was feeling quite better rested. Perhaps the purging of his system was slowly starting to work. He would not dare try the potion again. It was taking far too long to remove it and he still did not know how many of the sideeffects would remain even after the potion was fully gone.

Theron Rosier

--------------------
OWL
^
Theron Rosier
 Posted: Apr 26 2018, 03:49 PM

Even as soon as he’d said it, he wasn’t sure why he had. Theron did his best to fight off the blush that threatened to blossom across his face. His eyes dropped to his feet, ostensibly to watch where he was going, and he took a deep breath and allowed himself to calm down. It was too late to take it back; the confident rejoinder from the older boy did draw a chuckle out of him and he agreed, “So you did.”

Theron looked around the secluded spot that Pavon had picked when Slytherin brought them to a halt. Off in the distance he could hear the sounds of some of the other kids shouting and running around but there wasn’t really anyone nearby. Knowing some of the kids in his house, he took the chance to glance up and make sure there wasn’t anyone lounging in the branches of the tree before taking a seat in the sun next to his friend.

It was still a little cool and there was a nice breeze, so he figured that the heat of the sun would help offset that. Pavon gave voice to thoughts that Theron had had many times over his career at school; he absolutely should have been a Slytherin. It was something that he knew he’d never be able to forgive the Sorting Hat for, with a frown, he simply nodded in agreement.

The colors was just about the only thing that Theron appreciated about his House. With a laugh he countered, “I suppose that an argument could be made for green over red, but there’s no question that gold is better than silver.”

“It’s so self-evident that we use it with our money.”

“You’re right though. There should be a way to appeal the decision of the Hat. It’s perfectly obvious that it makes mistakes all too often.”

Suddenly he was feeling really on the spot. That was fair, he supposed, since he was the one that had sought Pavon out and not the other way around, but it still made him feel remarkably anxious. After a moment, he cleared his throat and offered, “I didn’t really have anything supremely important… I just didn’t want you to think that I was ignoring you or was uncomfortable with what happened.”

“I don’t have the best luck at not angering people, and I didn’t… well… I wanted to make sure that we were still okay.”

Pavon B Sannesley

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Pavon B Sannesley
 Posted: May 2 2018, 07:34 AM

True that gold may be better than silver, but you do not call someone that has a skilled tongue to have a gold one, do you?" Pavon shrugged, having grown comfortable with the colours they had, although they were both cool, and only emphasized the sensation that the dungeons were cold. Why they were placed in the worst part of the castle he did not know, but they've made them surprisingly comfortable, even if that was how it was.

He listened on, finally ready to see what he was truly sought for. He might have wanted to make another complaint about how the hat allowed mudbloods and half bloods into their Slytherin house, but something else drew his attention. "With what happened?" He asked and then paused. "You will have to be more specific than that.. and, I would suppose you wish to tell me that that was not the reason, rather than it being the reason, that we have not talked a while?" He had been thinking about it, a little. But then he had too much time to think, now that his brother was back and his life had turned to be less about him and more about the first born. There was some relief in having not been the only heir and to have all expectations laid out on him, but there was also the downside of it, and it being, that he felt ignored.

"We are ok, by the way. I've had a great time at the party, for once. " He shrugged. "It was relaxing, can't argue about the drinks having been a good idea, and the game was interesting. It was fun anyway. Better than most parties i've been to." Which sadly said a lot, if that might have been the height of entertainment and enjoyment for him. "I'll be glad if you have time to talk like we do now. I .. do not know if you have noticed. But like you, I manage to make others angry with me much quicker than I make friends. " He chuckled faintly. "I don't know why.... I mean, I do not care about those that are mudbloods or their opinions, but... it's as the purebloods have been infected badly with them too. There's only rare few that...are fine." There were few and he really did not want to talk about pures and all that right now.

"Excuse me." He lowered his gaze then lifted it up gazing towards where the quiddich grounds were. "Have you played that?...I haven't since we got that bastard headmaster that's now.. dead."

Theron Rosier

--------------------
OWL
^
Theron Rosier
 Posted: May 2 2018, 03:31 PM

“A silver tongue is a good thing to have,” he replied with a playful smirk, “one might even say that someone with a silver tongue is worth their weight in gold… Or that you’ve struck gold to find that you have such a talent…”

“No,” he countered before hesitating, then changing to, “Yes…”

Theron stopped again and ran his fingers through his hair. Putting his thoughts into words had never been his best skill, and it was something that he definitely couldn’t do in Gryffindor House unless he wanted to get into a fight. After a moment of complete inability to come up with something to say to explain, he settled on a brief moment of honesty.

“I wasn’t supposed to like your kiss. I’m the last Rosier. There are others that we share blood with; all of the Purebloods share blood at this point, but I’m the last to carry the name.”

For a second he looked nervous and said, “I’m not saying that you feel the same way, but I have to get married and have kids or our family name is going to die out. I can’t be interested in guys. I just can’t.”

He’d been deeply confused about everything since that night. His parents had talked frequently about trying to arrange a betrothal between himself and Poppy. He’d liked that idea and he still loved spending time with her. At least… when she wasn’t hanging around Flynn. Then had come the kiss and everything had become so much more ridiculous and confusing. Theron just had no idea what was supposed to happen next.

Pavon’s perception of just why Theron had been avoiding him was spot on and the younger Gryffindor couldn’t help but smile ruefully at it. There wasn’t going to be any way to come out of this without looking like a tool. Then came the acceptance of what he’d done and the smile on Theron’s face became a lot more relaxed and sincere.

“I’m glad, I’d hate to think that I’d ruined our friendship because… well… like this.”

Rosier’s eyes lifted to the kids on the Pitch and shook his head, “I love to fly, and I’d have loved to play. But my Housemates were pretty clear that they didn’t want me on the team and I’d be damned before I’d help them do something like win the House Cup.”

Pavon B Sannesley

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Pavon B Sannesley
 Posted: May 15 2018, 09:07 AM

"Indeed.. I guess gold and silver may go hand in hand, even if the house of Gryffindor is known to have ben a home for those you'd normally not see in Slytherin. Times have changed." He shook his head at that thought.

He waited silently to give the other time to elaborate on his short answer that had also changed in the span of a few moments. He was curious what he was to say, calm and composed and in perhaps a better mood, since he felt better than he had done days, even weeks before. The potion had been working wonders and the day when he had felt awful were fewer now. Still he was tired, and still the easy bruising happened and even still his eyes would turn black, if he used any sort of healing potion or balm or anything that would enter his body. He hoped that would fade in time too, but just the gut wrenching pain to not be as frequent, made him feel more positive.

Well unless he thought about home, and about his own future. He nodded appreciating, though being surprised about the honesty in the tone and content of that answer. "Don't be appalled. It's just me." He said in jest, as if to suggest that had he kissed any other, he'd probably not like it much at all anyway and it was due to the young Slytherin's skill or somesuch, that he enjoyed it.

"I understand what our duty to our families is." He tilted his head again, speaking more seriously now. "It had been mine until my brother returned. And since, I am a second in line, a spare, should something happen to him. But I do not carry as much importance as you do, to your family." He smiled to show that he quite understood the dilemma, while not yet speaking about whether he felt the same or not about the kiss or the other boy. "There's magic of course, if you were concerned only about the offspring. Purebloods, we are apt at it, we are not limited by what the muggles deal with. We've got a potion and spell for just about near anything." He sounded amused as he spoke about that, so lightly and unconcerned.

He shrugged. "Do you speak so openly to me because of the rumours you heard?.. Or because, you trust me?" He asked, genuinely curious about why he deserved the other's words, which were very indicative about what he might be feeling, even without being blunt about it, as blunt as Gryffindors usually were.

He paused again when their topic strayed towards flying and he chuckled. "Had you been with us, I think you would have been most welcomed. Of course... up until the rules that made us all loose the ability to play. But you'd certainly not have been told off and prevented from playing. Then again.. you probably knew that before I told you....Hm....I wonder. We could get ourselves the brooms I think. It's not for training, but I've still got mine, and I think if you don't have yours, we could borrow one from our storage. There's no rule saying we can't fly.. even if we can't practice. Would you like that?"

Theron Rosier

--------------------
OWL
^
Theron Rosier
 Posted: May 16 2018, 02:26 PM

“They haven’t changed that much,” he countered with a rueful grin, “it’s just the colors that aren’t terrible. As for the people, let’s just say that I’m the exception that proves the rule. I can only think of one more that would have sided with the proper order, and he graduated several years ago.”

This was something that had been a problem for Theron since his sorting, and the weight of the issue was clear in the exhausted tone of his voice as he spoke. From everything he’d read, there had never been a time when the Gryffindors had been on the correct side of history; though they did seem to have a terrible skill for being on the winning side.

“Oh, you can believe me, appalled isn’t the word I’d have chosen. Confused… concerned… not appalled.”

It was nice to know someone else had a similar idea, of the pressure that Theron was under; while he knew about the situation with Pavon’s older brother, the Slytherin had spent quite a while as his family’s heir. There were times that he wished there were someone else that could step up and carry on the Rosier name, but he knew that wasn’t going to happen. All he could still do was to do his best and try to make them proud.

“Of course there’s magic,” he agreed, with just a little more snark than he’d intended. It was something that he’d thought about a lot, but he couldn’t quite wrap his mind around the humiliation that would come with needing magic for something like that.

“Sorry,” he replied immediately, “that came out more harshly than I’d intended. I’ve just been worrying over this for a long while now, and I’m a bit touchy about it all.”

A confused look crossed his face at the other boy’s question and he asked, “What rumors?”

“It may have escaped your notice,” he grinned sheepishly, “but I don’t really talk to too many people here at school. Therefore, I rarely get to hear anything like that. Though, to answer your question, no. I’m not talking like this because of any rumors. You’re just… you’re easy to talk to.”

Theron smiled again. That would have been yet another reason to be sorted into Slytherin. He was going to miss the chance to fly on a House Team during his time at school and he was more than a little disappointed by that fact. It was one of the few good points about Norwood messing with the Quidditch season the way he did; the Gryffindors wouldn’t really really be able to enjoy any victory they managed.

“I have a broom,” he offered. Not that he got a chance to use it very often.

“I’d like that very much.”

A thoughtful look crossed his face and he added, “I wonder if the new Headmaster will lift those restrictions?”

Pavon B Sannesley

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Pavon B Sannesley
 Posted: May 19 2018, 06:29 AM

"I only suggested it, as it is a possibility to not remain entirely miserable. While muggleborns might be quite terrified of the idea, it's something we, as purebloods can rub into their faces. Of course." He shrugged. "It's a choice. Not a necessity. I'd only offer you some advice. I might be mistaken... but considering who I have seen you most with and,.. .lets say, things I might have heard, it is Poppy that you might be tying the knot with. Correct? Because .. if it indeed is her, remember who she also spends time with... and by spending time, I mean.. far too much time, far too.. disgustingly close time. Flynn."

He shook his head in disapproval. "I'd stay clear of anyone, that has ties with that brat. He turns to filth anything he touches...corrupts it in his own way." He looked past the other boy and sighed. "You need not apologise for your... reaction. I understand it is not easy. Carrying the burden of the future on your shoulders, I may feel myself grateful that my brother does it now, although.... in part it means that he at least has one and knows what it is. While I..." He let that thought go and just remained quiet for a few moments. When they passed he seemed more focused on the fact that they could fly brooms now, something that he had not done since last he fell from one due to his condition. "Right.. can you fetch yours? I will get mine and then we can do some actual flying around here. Keep to the grounds, so that our Professors don't get all upset...." He hesitated.

"I haven't much paid attention to the new Headmaster. Do you know anything about him? What's he like...bad, good for us?" He really had been out of the loop lately. Not only because he was studying either, or because he felt bad. Well maybe because of the two. He knew there had been rumours about him about that too, but was glad that this boy had not heard any. He didn't feel like explaining on how they were wrong. He was so close to achieving another goal, which kept him as busy as school. After a second try, he was now only waiting for the right weather. Soon then. He was confident that all would go well and then, then he might have another way to sneak about the school. He just hoped his shape would not end up being something that would be far too big or unusual. He needed something that would allow him to get into places easily and without notice. True, turning into something strong would be useful but.... well... big really just could be too big.

"...Mmm....If you would not mind, I think I'd like meeting up like this again. It's nice to find someone who I can talk to, without feeling like an argument is right around the corner." He smiled.

Theron Rosier

--------------------
OWL
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Ground Floor | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse