Cryptic Conjuring -> Winter Fayre
It is May 2077.
High temps reach 14°C while the lows stay nice at 7°C. Day begins at 5.30am and ends with sunset at 9pm. Rain is an almost constant with dry days being mostly clouded over.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
House Points
G
H

R
S
Board Stats
M F
Adults 19 12
University 3 1
Hogwarts 14 12

Hogwarts
First Years 0
Second Years 1
Third Years 1
Fourth Years 5
Fifth Years 4
Sixth Years 11
Seventh Years 4

Hogwarts Houses
Gryffindors 7
Hufflepuffs 6
Ravenclaws 5
Slytherins 8

University
First Years 2
Second Years 2
Third Years 0
Fourth Years 0

Blood Status
Purebloods 22
Halfbloods 20
Muggleborns 12
Unknown 2
Squibs 1
Vampires 1
Veelas 4
Fey 1
Werewolves 0
Changeling 0
Social Media

Tumblr

Rating

Click for Explanation
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post )
Complete
New Poll

Winter Fayre, Open
Abby DeClue
 Posted: Mar 15 2018, 09:25 PM

Abby returned the hug and the sentiment before Drake pulled away and set off. Though there were words on the tip of her tongue they weren't important and died away as he departed. She suddenly couldn't wait for the start. What an adventure it would be to be at the castle at all but to be a professor as well. And it didn't hurt that she was downright warm that Drake had thought of her.

She wasn't alone for long. Sometimes she had long waits between clients, so she was thankful someone sat down in short order. His greeting was pleasant enough and she responded in kind, a smile gracing her features. "I am quite well, and yourself?"

Again Abby smiled, for it wasn't the first time she had heard that tone or something similar. The same could be said for the words that accompanied the tone. "It depends. There are three ways of fortune telling I offer- palmistry, runes, or tarot. Do you want a general overall or do you have a specific question you would like answered? Palmistry will take care of the former while runes or tarot would cover the latter. From there the question you want answered will tell us if you need runes or a more specific spread of tarot." Tarot offered so many different spreads from past to present to future to love, just about anything under the sun. Runes were more limited and just offered the future in general terms.

As she waited his response, her hands kept busy. One touched at her cards while the other touched first her bird then felt along her table to find the runes she knew the little bugger had stolen. Igor chased her fingers at every turn, fully prepared to retake the runes he thought to be his.

Jonathan Hale

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Jonathan Hale
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 08:24 PM

“I’m doing well, thank you,” he replied as he took his seat and listened as she explained just what it was she was doing there.

As he’d expected, the description of what she was doing was remarkably vague. It reminded him so much of what they’d covered during Divination back at Hogwarts, and he supposed that it was to be expected. If nothing else, the fortune teller seemed excited about what she was doing so, whatever came next, would be amusing.

“What all is included in a general reading?”

Then he considered and asked, “And just how detailed would a tarot reading be? It would be interesting to hear what my palm says about me, but I’ve got a new business deal on the horizon too. I’d love to know what’s in my cards about that one.”

The fact that the runes seemed to have gone missing weren’t a big issue to him – that was the method that was least interesting.

“Would it be possible to do both?” he asked, curiously.

Abby DeClue

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Abby DeClue
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 03:45 PM

"A general reading would be a top to bottom answer to a question or hearing everything your palm tells me. You can request more than the one. You could request all three if that were to tickle your fancy." If all of that didn't draw him in, she could offer a specialty reading, by appointment only of course, to read his bones. Abby had often had that offer misinterpreted so it was something she held back for last.

"Tarot would be the most detailed but it would still be open to some elucidation. However it can offer warnings or encouragement when it comes to your business deal." If it wasn't love, it was business. Abby rarely dealt with other questions when it came to tarot or rune readings. All readings still managed to be different, though, and that was why she continued to do them.

With a shrug, Abby spoke, "I can do any and all except read tea leaves or the crystal ball." She had adapted to many ways of divination but there were still some that were well beyond her.

Jonathan Hale

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Jonathan Hale
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 04:14 PM

Her descriptions of the methods were exactly what he’d expected they would be. They were the normal things you’d find at a carnival in the Fortuneteller’s Tent and he had to admit he was vaguely curious about just how different it would be in the magical world as opposed to the ones he’d experienced on the muggle side.

Once she’d finished, he smiled and said, “How about we start with the Tarot reading then? You said that it can give an idea bout an outcome to a business deal?”

“What sort of details do you need to know? Or would that all be in the cards?”

It spoke well of her that she wasn’t into crystal balls or reading tea leaves. His experience in Hogwarts that the only good part of tea leaves was the tea that preceded it. As for the crystal balls, they made great bowling balls until the Professors caught you or until they broke on their way down the stairs.

Abby DeClue

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Abby DeClue
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 02:05 PM

For Abby, magic didn't change how she divined things. She had been taught by roving gypsies and the people that paid them had always preferred the usual way of things. That wasn't to say that Abby's gift of magic didn't lend a certain amount of probability that she was spot on with the readings she offered, however.

"Tarot it is." Abby reached for her cards. "I need you to give these a shuffle. Three times, concentrating on the exact question you want answered. Then cut the cards in three and stack them back however you wish." She did things a bit differently here than she had been taught. She felt that by the letting the people put their questions directly to the cards rather than thinking of it while she shuffled them offered a bit more insight. "I need no details. The cards will take care of everything."

As he shuffled he may have noticed that the cards held no color but rather textures. The textures differed from card to card and made up the pictures that Abby would read. Aside from said textures, there was no way to tell the cards apart.

Jonathan Hale

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Jonathan Hale
 Posted: Apr 7 2018, 01:33 PM

“Happily,” Jon replied as he gently took the offered deck of cards from her and shuffled them the required three times – concentrating hard on the question that had been plaguing him for the last couple of weeks.

Not losing his focus on what he was doing he set the deck on the table between them, closer to her, and lifted the top two thirds of the cards before creating two roughly equal size piles to either side of the center stack. As he reformed them back into one complete set, he noticed that the cards were marked in braille rather than the typical cards.

There was a part of him that wondered just how that impacted her ability to ‘see’ things, though he figured that if the ability actually worked at all then it could actually benefit her not to have all the normal distractions.

Once it was done, he tapped the top of the deck and slid it across the table toward her, “All done.”

Abby DeClue

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Abby DeClue
 Posted: Apr 9 2018, 05:36 PM

Abby listened to the sound of the cards being shuffled. IT was one of her favorite sounds, truth be told. That was saying something because there were a great many enjoyable sounds out there. From laughter to rain tapping against a window, to snowfall- yes it did make a sound- and burbling streams. These were just some of her favorite things.

It was a good thing Jon had done the shuffling with the way Abby's thoughts had drifted. She brought herself back to the task at hand when the cards were placed in front of her once more.

"Thank you, sir." She took the cards up and slowly turned the top one over. The one was followed by a second, a third, and another. All were placed very specifically. Only once the spread was placed out did Abby run her fingers over the embossing.

Her brows drew together as the information formed in her mind. She said nothing until she had passed her fingers over the spread a few times. The cards and their locations in regards to the other drawn cards as well as if they were reversed or not all mattered for an accurate reading.

"Hmm. The cards hint at caution though seem rather favorable for you." It was times like these that were the rare times she actually wished she could see to better gauge her clientele. "The hint is more of a screaming warning. If you chase this deal, broad daylight and wand. No dealing at night or in back alleys. Except during the full moon. Very favorable during the full moon. Be sure to have the ink dried by the new moon though or it will be a disaster."

This was the first reading that ever gave Abby the willies. It was safe to say that she'd never forget it.

Jonathan Hale

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Jonathan Hale
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 02:44 PM

“My pleasure,” he replied warmly as he watched her take the cards in hand and skillfully deal them out across the table. The arrangements meant nothing to him, but the care with which she placed them told him they were somehow important to what was going on.

Jon watched curiously, as a look of concern crossed her face and he found he was truly curious to know just what it was that she was seeing. No answer was immediately forthcoming, however, so he contented himself to sit back and wait. Eventually the explanation began and he couldn’t help but grin – it was about what he’d expected it to be.

The deal that he was chasing wasn’t one that was to be taken lightly, but it was going to payoff outrageously assuming that it all came together. Unfortunately, broad daylight and wands drawn weren’t the sort of precautions that he was able to make.

“Very interesting,” he replied, amused as though the answer was meaningless, “thank you very much.”

Then he asked, “How does the palm reading thing work?”

Abby DeClue

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Abby DeClue
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 03:16 PM

The silence on Jon's part didn't bother Abby at all. More the better for concentrating on the cards before her. So many wanted a play-by-play, which she could do but it was easier for her when she needn't concern herself with it. The readings were more thorough with less distraction.

One more time Abby wished she could see to better read his reaction to his reading. He was unlike so many of the others she'd read for. The term "playing the cards close to your vest" certainly hit a good home with Jon. She would just have to deal with her concern and curiosity. When he did finally speak, it let onto nothing. Well then, she thought with a mental shrug.

"Well, I would have to feel them up," Abby joked with a hint of a wicked smile. "But I could tell you of love, life, children, accomplishments- all in the broadest of ways." She stopped there, waiting to hear if he was still even interested.

Jonathan Hale

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Jonathan Hale
 Posted: Apr 17 2018, 04:43 PM

Jon watched the smile that spread across her face and replied with a carefree laugh, “That sounds wonderful. And I’d be foolish to pass up the chance to allow a beautiful woman to hold my hand.”

As he spoke, he reached out and extended his hand to her across the table. The reading she’d received from the cards had been predictably vague in some respects and surprisingly on the nose in others. His curiosity about what she’d be able to read from his hand intrigued him and he was more than willing to see where things went.

“It’s always the broad explanations that help us plan out our specific paths.”

“Let’s see what you can tell me about myself,” he finished with an amused tone to his voice.

Abby DeClue

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Abby DeClue
 Posted: May 12 2018, 08:19 AM

Abby didn't hesitate to take Jon's offered hands. As she had before with Drake, she traced her fingers over the length and breadth of his palms before focusing in on any specific lines. She hummed thoughtfully. His life line was... different. His head line was longer and stronger than most she'd seen. Fate seemed to be both a friend and a rival- she assumed it had something to do with his questionable dealings- such as the one from his tarot spread.

A gasp escaped her before she could swallow it back. Such a thing never happened to her- after all, she'd seen just about everything more than once. Her fingers traced again. His heart line was all but nonexistent. Without pause she moved to the relationship line. She passed her fingers over the line a few times before admitting to herself that he had none. The same was said for his children lines. She had never encountered such a thing before. Usually people had at least one or the other, even if the relationships failed they had once been important.

"Well, it seems you are quite the successful man. A smart one as well. I see no important relationships nor children in your past, present, or future." She was still troubled by that last big. Even if she didn't have her own love at the moment, it didn't mean that she didn't want that brand of joy for other people. She found herself idly wondering if perhaps that was a brand of joy that Jon was incapable of feeling.

Jonathan Hale

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Jonathan Hale
 Posted: May 14 2018, 03:04 PM

Jon watched, as she took her hands in his and gently traced her fingers over the lines that she found there. It was a vaguely fascinating process, if nothing else; and he found himself vaguely curious whether there was actually anything there that could be read or if this was merely the show of someone hoping to make some money at a local fair. The thoughtful noises she made as she worked was pretty much exactly what he would have expected of a charlatan, and that was what he’d convinced himself that he was dealing with until she gasped.

A frown spread across his face as he restrained his initial instinct of yanking his hands away. This was all supposed to be just a big laugh, but she’d his reasonably close to home with the thing about the business deal earlier and now he had no idea what it was she’d seen. Granted, she wasn’t running and screaming for help, so it couldn’t have been too bad, but he’d have preferred her to be a conman.

With a soft chuckle, his tone betraying nothing of the thoughts going through is mind, he gently chided, “Successful and smart, yes; but careful as well.”

“As for the future, I suppose that we will just have to see what that holds for me. It would be something of a shame to have to go through it all alone.”

As he spoke, he gently but firmly extricated his hands from her grip and said, “This has been a unique pleasure. Thank you for your readings.”

“I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.”

Waiting just long enough to receive her own goodbye, Jon slipped away from the table and made his way out and away from the crowd before returning home. He had a lot of work to do, and many meetings to arrange, and he wasn’t too much of a coward to admit that the experience with the fortuneteller had unnerved him just a little.

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Drucilla Selwyn
 Posted: May 16 2018, 05:18 PM

By days end Drucilla felt dead on her feet. It annoyed her to be so old. Not only that but to seemingly be aging quicker than others her own age. It seemed a curse on her family; if they didn’t die young then they were destined to age quickly. Not that many had even made it to her age before and fewer past it. Oh well. She let out a sigh as she walked home smiling at a worker here and there. There was no point dwelling she knew. Her lot in life was her lot and she had to accept that.

What she didn’t have to do however was let it beat her. So her slumped shoulders were squared and her chin was tilted up. This weakness would not be shown. Not now and not ever. Along the way she was stopped a few times, a quick congratulations to her and a thank you from her and she was back on her way.

There weren’t many people still milling around in addition to the workers hurrying to and fro. The event itself had ended an hour before when Dru had given a final speech. A well received final speech. The day had been a complete success with almost everyone in attendance appearing to have had great fun.

When she was almost home the call sounded, “Granny! Granny!”.

Even before turning the old woman wore a large smile on her face. The sweet tones of her granddaughter perking her up like no cup of coffee could ever hope to do. She stopped to watch the little girl, just four years old run towards her followed by her grinning mother. Her legs were wrapped in small arms as her daughter scolded the little one to be careful. A scolding that Drucilla waved away.

“She is absolutely fine. When have you ever known me to refuse a cuddle?” The old woman smiled down at the child as she spoke, ruffling the blonde hair atop her head.

“Granny! Granny! Can I sleep over, please?” The words tumbled out in a rush, excitement at the thought evident on the girl’s sweet face.

Again her daughter stepped in to scold. Talking such nonsense as Granny was tired and needed her rest.

“Pah!” Drucilla exclaimed. “The day I do not have the energy for my own grandchild is the day after I die.” Though her words were stern the small smile playing her lips took the edge off ever so slightly. The girl would stay. Drucilla wouldn’t deny her. She’d always found it much too difficult to deny her grandchildren anything.

“You can collect her in the morning. We shall have a great time.”

Her daughter didn’t argue though her face did crease with worry as she watched her mother take the child’s hand and walk away. Drucilla didn’t notice the concern. She had already asked the girl about how she had enjoyed the day, what she had done. From the look on her face it seemed that nothing in the world would make her happier than she was then listening to the excited chatter of a child after a long, fun-filled day. Soon they were in her home closing the door behind them on a long but thankfully successful day.

***End Thread***

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Hogsmeade | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 5 
Complete
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse