Cryptic Conjuring -> Winter Fayre
It is May 2077.
High temps reach 14°C while the lows stay nice at 7°C. Day begins at 5.30am and ends with sunset at 9pm. Rain is an almost constant with dry days being mostly clouded over.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
House Points
G
H

R
S
Board Stats
M F
Adults 19 12
University 3 1
Hogwarts 14 12

Hogwarts
First Years 0
Second Years 1
Third Years 1
Fourth Years 5
Fifth Years 4
Sixth Years 11
Seventh Years 4

Hogwarts Houses
Gryffindors 7
Hufflepuffs 6
Ravenclaws 5
Slytherins 8

University
First Years 2
Second Years 2
Third Years 0
Fourth Years 0

Blood Status
Purebloods 22
Halfbloods 20
Muggleborns 12
Unknown 2
Squibs 1
Vampires 1
Veelas 4
Fey 1
Werewolves 0
Changeling 0
Social Media

Tumblr

Rating

Click for Explanation
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post )
Complete
New Poll

Winter Fayre, Open
Desmonda Stanis
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 09:32 PM

Desmonda wasn’t actually reading her book and her butterbeer was cooling beside her. Such a waste but Desmonda didn’t notice. She was off in her own little world, dreaming in her head. Her glazed eyes stayed trained on her book their only tell being the fact she blinked less than was usual for a person. The small, would be private smile could be caused by a character or incident in the book rather than something going on in her mind.

By the time Richard Morrigan had approached the table she sat at Desmonda was so far in her own make-believe world that she actually jumped, startled when he spoke. She would later swear to herself that she really did almost jump right out of her skin.

Though she knew the voice well and would have known it as his even if everyone at the bar area spoke at once Desmonda still squinted as she turned her head and looked up at him. As if she actually had to verify who the speaker was. She smiled that easy smile, her eyes lightening as she did.

Even as Desmonda silently cursed and swore revenge on her friend she couldn’t help but be pleased that she was gone. She knew she shouldn’t be pleased. All the reasons for keeping her friend at her side still held true. Desmonda just didn’t care now that her boss was at her side instead.

“Yes!” She was doing it again, just like at the Ball. Too much enthusiasm and with the added bonus of saying the wrong word too! “I mean no, I don’t mind at all.” Her smile had slipped as her embarrassment mounted. Why did she keep doing this when she was fine at work? Okay, not fine but at work her issue was just accidental flirting, not making herself seem like some ditzy blonde answering questions with the wrong responses.

While he sat Desmonda closed her book and put it back into her bag. She couldn’t even remember what it was about now, not that she’d had much chance to absorb anything having read fifteen words at most. She clasped her hands in her lap to keep them away from her air and fought the urge to smooth her jacket. Sitting straighter she smiled again, opened her mouth and found… nothing. She couldn’t think of a single thing to say. Her eyes darted over the table and then back to the man sitting beside her.

“I don’t actually want to be here.” She heard herself admitting and didn’t know why the hell she’d gone and said that, what had possessed her. “No, I don’t mean that. Sorry.” Her cheeks tinted pink as she tried to correct her words. “It’s lovely and everything looks like such fun. You and Mrs. Selwyn have done a wonderful job.”

As she got more flustered the almost death grip one hand had on the other broke and soon as that happened her right hand went to her hair. Typically the strand she pushed back behind her ear fell straight back into place immediately.

“It’s my mother. She’s always trying to set me up and with the exception of my father she has terrible taste. I would leave but she’s more on the crazy side personality wise than most people and while I don’t live at with her anymore it would be cruel of me to leave my dad to deal with her alone. He’d be in for a terrible time if I was gone and she found out.” The words came out in a rush almost tumbling one over the other. It was really annoying how very different she was at work to a social setting.

It was a second after she’d blurted that out that Desmonda realised what she’d actually said. Biting on her bottom lip she let her eyes fall to the table and silently cursed everything from her deserting friend to her much too hot face. “I don’t know why I told you that. Sorry. Something you really didn’t need to know.” She looked up then, smiling in the face of her own embarrassment. The only choice left to her being to just brass it out.

Richard Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks to G for the set
OWL
^
Poppy Burke
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 10:11 PM

Poppy laughed out loud when the Gryffindor had backed her up and even pushed her point home. She didn’t meant to do it and was instantly angry with herself that she had. The glares the pair found themselves the targets of weren’t nice or very friendly. Poppy though had dealt with worse before so she just shrugged.

“Why did you do that?” She asked Aiden quietly, frowning again. She just couldn’t understand this boy.

“No, no no.” She spoke hurriedly and loudly. “That’s not what I meant at all.” She fixed the Prefect with a hard glare and hissed. “Shut up!” It was already bad enough that she’d spoken out of turn but for him to do it too… it could appear that she had started something. “It’s all very well thought out and put together, obviously.”

The girl just frowned at the boy again. He was weird. Really she should just tell him to go away and leave her alone but right at that moment she couldn’t think of a way to do that politely.

“What?” Following his gaze Poppy knew he must be speaking of her hair. She touched a hand to it. “Um… I’m a metamorphmagus.” Her hair continued towards pink as it quickly lost the task of concealing her now pointed ears. “I can change my appearance at will.” Poppy explained having found that oddly a lot of people didn’t know what her ability actually was. Strange considering how awesome it was. She agreed with Aiden on that point.

One of the two handlers had kept glancing in the direction of the teenagers and having enough of their chattering she stalked over. “Why don’t you two just leave if you aren’t going to pay attention? You’re ruining the demonstration for everyone else.”

Poppy had had more than enough of this woman and her mouth that seemingly never shut. She fixed her with a glare, her hair now bright pink and her ears in line with the top of her head. Hands placed firmly on hips she snapped back. “Actually I think you’ll find that you’re the one ruining things because you love the sound of your own voice too much!”

“Are you coming?” She asked Aiden completely forgetting what he was in her moment of anger. Then she turned and walked away leaving behind shocked looks on the faces of the adults.

Aiden Flynn

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks to G for the set!
OWL
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 10:40 PM

“Ye’ll no need tae. It’s wan eh they inevitabilities eh life is whit it is.” She turned to look at Tim, just the hint of a smirk there. “Did ye ever actually ‘hink it wiz never goin’ tae happen?” Maz was actually seriously asking. She had even begun to doubt it for a while.

“Ah really dinnae mean it.” She was back to sounding more like herself, using the accent she’d adopted and was more used to. The way of speaking that flowed most freely. “Sometimes ah forget an’ ah tawk too fast or throw oot too many Scottish words.” Her shoulders shrugged a little, her way of apologising.

Maz shrugged again but dismissively now. “Ah always tell ye am a strange person.” She was speaking now in that way she often did, an attempt to confuse the person she was speaking to. Leave them wondering if she was joking or being serious. In this instance as in most she was joking.

While his smile had her smiling too she had to ask one last thing. “Ye should know though, yer Da’s the maist fancied professor in the school.” Really Tim should know that, especially since they’d be leaving that year and the chance to wind him up about the fact would be gone.

“Should probably also know that ah’ve nae idea whit level eh daddy issues ah’ve goat. Ah mean ye hear ‘hings don’t ye.. Stories aboot young lassie’s likin’ older guys cause their daddy wiz the main man then he just wisnae there.” Another shrug of the shoulders ended her talk and she took another drink from the bottle. “Ah promise am totally done noo. Nae mair.”

“Why thank you very much.” Maz returned his grin with one of her own. Then she nodded, “Probably does by the way, probably does.”

Laughter burst from her at Tim’s next comment. “Ah bet he does. Noo you’ve said it it’s totally the truth.”

When calmed from the latest bout of laughing Maz turned slightly to lean her back against Tim. She let some more moments pass quietly between them as again they got down to the very important task of drinking the vodka. Since she actually wanted to get at least a little drunk Maz wasn’t taking her time about it. Soon she was even feeling a little bit of a hit from the alcohol.

“So… ye’re really no gaunae tell whit happened then?” She prodded in gentle tones, her voice quieter than usual. Normally she wouldn’t be bothered, any other time she could let up and let go but… well she really didn’t have a clue what had gone wrong. She’d known something was going to happen at some point between them but her guess of when had been way off since she’d thought many years would have to pass first. Maz really wanted to know because she couldn’t figure out what would drive Amber to go to such lengths.

Timothy Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
-Mega thanks to Court for the set-
OWL
^
Abby DeClue
 Posted: Mar 1 2018, 03:22 PM

"I agree. Thhough sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be better if it were smaller." That way perhaps it wouldn't take so long for her to run into her friends or family. Granted it hadn't been all that long since she'd last seen her family. They crossed paths rather frequently for what they were. Abby, being quite the people person- one couldn't be in her usual line of work as a fortune teller without being a people person- was always happy to run into a familiar person.

Abby could have said one of a dozen things but they all sounded too dismissive or too flirtatious to her mind. All the same, his hands felt fine to her. Whether she was paying attention to what the palms were telling her or not, his hands were good. His bad joke drew a short giggle from her. "A professor now? Yes, I suppose that would get you a pass." From charity worker to professor; yes, she could see how natural a transition that would be.

"That doesn't surprise me at all- there's something about the energy you put out... or maybe I just feel I know you too well." Even if teaching wasn't exactly charity work, it was still certainly a public service so as far as Abby was concerned, he was still in the same field.

She could hear the smile in his voice and she returned it in kind. He joked but she had been serious. His lines were all well defined. But she'd say no more of it. Let his life surprise him and if she was lucky she'd be around to witness at least some of his surprise.

Abby hummed with a wicked grin, moving her fingers to his relationship line, directly below the base of his pinky. "Keep in mind that these relationships don't mean marriages- just the ones that were and are most important to your life. But I'm only getting the one. Someone very special, I would wager." It was rare for her to find only one relationship special enough and strong enough to be alone. Usually she found at least two. She herself had four.

This next part was going to be far more entertaining for Abby to share. She tried not to smile too widely or giggle. She would hate to give poor Drake any sort of warning. "As for children, well, you have far more than I've ever witnessed before. At least a dozen." Even though she had to figure it was likely because of this professorship, the alternate was entirely possible. Or even a meld of the two. That was for him to decipher.

Drake Taggart

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Mar 1 2018, 04:08 PM

The smile that blossomed at her words faded slightly as he actually thought about them. It was fun to flirt and play with that idea, but it had also been one of the most obvious points of conflict between Amber and himself. She didn’t mind sharing when she was involved in the games, but there was something about Maz, which clearly always bothered her. It seemed that the intimacy of his friendship with her had led Amber to believe that she was a legitimate rival for his affections.

“I have to admit that I’d pretty much given up on you,” he agreed with a forced smile. It was the truth, and he was hesitant to even think about it any further until he understood exactly what was going on with Amber and where things stood between them – as though the ring he’d found on his bedside table hadn’t explained it rather eloquently.

“Normally I understand you just fine,” he reiterated with a chuckle, “it’s actually something I’m pretty proud of. You wouldn’t believe the number of people that I hear discussing how hard it is to get what you’re talking about.”

“Maybe that’s why we get along so well… complementary versions of weird…”

Tim dropped his head and let out an overly dramatic huff, “Why? Why do you tell me these things? I want to believe that the people I’m attending school with have some semblance of taste…”

“That’s pretty much what I figured. I’m not old enough to trip your trigger, and that explains just about everything about why we never worked out before,” he teased playfully.

A shudder traced its way down his spine and he took another long pull from his bottle. He was a little disappointed that it was already so much lighter and he had to start to consider just how much of a problem that it could be to have finished off so much of the alcohol so quickly. It had been a long time since he’d drunk like this and he could only hope that, between Maz and himself, they’d be able to get back to the school safely without getting in too much trouble.

“Ugh… why did I say that… now I can’t stop thinking it…”

As she leaned back against him, his arm came up to rest over her shoulder and around her waist. With her tucked in against his side, he just sat and watched the light play through the half-empty bottle he was holding – enjoying the comfortable silence with one of his best friends.

He wanted to curse as her question actually brought tears to his eyes. Angrily, he wiped them away with his free arm and he replied, “I wish I knew. Everything seemed to be going along just fine – then… well… then.”

As much as he didn’t want to continue the little bit that he knew, he wasn’t about to start lying to Maz and he really did kind of need to vent.

“She had some issues with the flirting that you and I did, and I know that she wasn’t at all looking forward to any sort of ceremony that would be arranged by my grandfather – mostly because there’s no way that Drucilla Selwyn wouldn’t be involved in it at that point, and you know how Amber always was with the pomp and circumstance.”

“None of that makes sense though,” he finished with a shake of his head, “she was never the sort to run away from something. There had to be something else but I’ll be damned if I know what it was.”

Maz Cowan

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Mar 1 2018, 08:18 PM

“Well then yer a very silly sausage.” Maz told Tim and having noticed his slipping smile she nudged him gently again. “Am no meanin’ any’hin’ wid happen while ye wur way Amber… am no fuckin’ Jen! Sake!” She took a quick drink. “But here’s a scenario fur ye… you an’ Amber git in a stupit argument and, as all people in relationships will at wan point do - wan eh ye suggest splittin’ up or maybe just takin’ a wee break. Yer wee heart’s broken but yer wee mind’s mad so who dae ye turn eh?” She didn’t wait for an answer. “Ye turn eh yer good pal Maz who’ll get ye good an’ drunk… of course she gits drunk anaw cause she’s like that, top class. At some point ye decide ye dinnae want tae go hame so yer awesome mate says ye kin stay way her cause she’s a kind soul that way. Noo bearin’ in mind how monumentally stupit drunk humans kin be… how’s that night end in your heid?”

Of course there had never actually been a chance of anything happening while Amber had her girlfriend claim on Tim. Maz wouldn’t have let it. But she did always have a feeling they were going to fall out. She had thought it would take more time of course and they’d have a least a few stumbling moments she could laugh at them for. It had been a total surprise to her that things were over between them so soon, even more of a surprise to find out how far Amber would take the break-up. Maz had always thought that she herself was the most dramatic of the two.

“Oh ah kin well believe.” Maz grinned. “Other people ah dae actually try tae confuse.” It was fun for her, there were times when she could get away with saying absolutely anything because no one near would understand a single word she uttered. She smiled again nodding as she did, they were both weird though not nearly as weird as Maz made it seem at times.

Frowning Maz asked, “Ye still manage tae believe that? Even way aw the evidence over the years pointin’ tae the opposite?”

“Could be exactly that. Ah mean we aw know ah’ve goat issues so why no the daddy wans. Make shit weird, f**k it!” She laughed at the thought and then at Tim. “Poor Tim.” She patted his leg sympathetically.

Though Maz didn’t see his tears she did sense the change in her friend, she sat her bottle down and hugged him back. While she felt horrible about it she couldn’t stop the silent laughter that the reasoning for their break up had brought on. She sat up, looking at Tim and managed to keep her smile minimal. “So, let me git this straight… f**kin’ another person wiz fine, but a bit eh bantery flirtin’ that wiz gaun naewhere wiz a f**kin’ deal breaker? Ur you being f**kin’ serious way me?”

It was very evident that he was and the hint of laughter left Maz. “F**kin’ seriously? An’ sorry but actually no f**kin’ really but that weddin’ reasons a crock eh f**kin’ shit! That reeks eh selfishness.” She kept her temper in check though she was very tempted to go off and find her friend then. Maz couldn’t begin to see any other reasoning than Amber’s immense selfishness and cowardliness. It was quickly becoming Maz’s belief that Amber had probably just changed her mind about how serious she wanted to be with Tim and had chickened out of telling the guy that. Maz leaned against the wall, stretching her legs out before her, using her body to lie about her emotions.

“Come here.” She hugged Tim to her, ensuring as she did that his head rested on her chest. It wasn’t the best place for his head to be obviously… well probably was for him. Maz didn’t want him to see the rage in her eyes, the hard set to her jaw. He didn’t need to. She stroked his hair for something to do as she silently talked herself down.

Timothy Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
-Mega thanks to Court for the set-
OWL
^
Jonathan Hale
 Posted: Mar 2 2018, 01:05 PM

The response was exactly what Jonathan was expecting from the man. From what he’d seen and learned of Portia during the short period of time they were working together had shown that she’d become surprisingly close to the massive Auror. Jon hadn’t been able to determine just how authentic her feelings had been and how much they’d been a cover for her actual job – but it wasn’t something that he’d been able to take any chances with. Especially not, after she’d shown such disinclination to deal with the Headmaster in the manner he’d required of her.

Granted, she’d done the job but it hadn’t been as quickly and enthusiastically as he’d needed when she was going to be moving in with the Senior Auror. As a pleasant bonus, it seemed as though it were tearing up the lawman more than he’d thought it was going to and that was definitely welcome.

“I suppose you could be onto something there. I just rather assumed that parents – especially magical parents – would have to be expecting something like that and would be ready to do something about it. It’s fortunate that you were there for them, but I have to worry about what would have happened if you hadn’t been.”

Then with a self-deprecating grin he shrugged and finished, “Though, I’ve never had any children of my own – so what do I know?”

His eyes caught sight of the pickpocket at around the same time that Levi did, and he found that he was a bit surprised – and slightly impressed – that Mitchell spotted him as well. The kid clearly wasn’t a professional, but the signs weren’t overly obvious unless you knew what you were looking for. He desperately hoped that the attempted thief weren’t one of his.

Jon watched as the Auror quickly and efficiently dealt with the transgressor and sent him on his way. In the end, it was all that Jon really needed. The Senior Auror was upset – almost devastated – but it didn’t appear to be inhibiting his job any. It wasn’t as ideal as it could have been but the answer was the most important part.

When Levi turned back to him, Jon smiled sheepishly and replied, “I’m sorry to have taken your time – I truly just wanted to thank you for all of your efforts on our behalf. I hope that you have a wonderful day today.”

With a short bow, Jon turned and made his way back into the crowd.

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Arthur Weasley
 Posted: Mar 2 2018, 01:25 PM

The greeting and the smile went a long way toward lifting Arthur’s spirits. A petty sense of pride filled him as some of the people that had been gathering around her turned and left with some disgruntled grumbling. As she approached him, he held out his arm for her to take and he greeted her with a quiet, “Hello, ma’am.”

He nodded in understanding at her instruction to ignore them. It didn’t bother him as much now as it once had. It was clear that he’d somehow caught the interest of Drucilla Selwyn and that was more than enough for him not to give a shit what the hangers-on thought or said about him behind his back. The people that mattered were much more likely to see and accept that there might be something to him after all.

“Of course,” he agreed and allowed her to lead the way.

Once they reached the out of the way bench, he made she was settled in before taking the other seat. Some people in the area, that were watching them closely, seemed torn about whether or not they should approach. In the end, they decided against it and Arthur couldn’t help but feel a slight sense of pride about it.

“It’s my pleasure. I’m always happy to do what I can to provide you an out when you need it.”

Arthur smiled at her comment and replied, “I’m pleased that I was able to make it. When I heard that you and Mr. Morrigan had organized this, I didn’t want to miss it.”

“I think it’s a wonderful opportunity to present a more approachable face to the movement among the general populace. This sort of thing can undermine the picture that the Ministry is subtly trying to paint of Purebloods as a whole.”

“I’ve seen some of the Minister’s people here – and they seem rather distraught that they haven’t found anything to complain about yet,” he finished with an amused chuckle.

“I suspect that means that this is perfect.”

Drucilla Selwyn

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Autumn Winters
 Posted: Mar 2 2018, 02:43 PM

“Oh sorry.” Autumn had a bad habit of forgetting to introduce herself, it came from years of only dealing with people who already knew her name. “I’m Autumn Winters. Senior Undersecretary to the Minister.” She stopped and frowned. “That’s seems awfully like bragging doesn’t it?” She grinned. “Oh well, a little bit of boastfulness shouldn’t be an issue.”

“Would school really have been any better?” Autumn asked genuinely interested. While she’d done well at school and had survived her time there she couldn’t really say she’d enjoyed all that much of it. It had been difficult for her - a muggleborn living with the snakes.

Autumn laughed at the remark about parents. “No you’re right, my parents certainly aren’t hanging around here.” And they had never ordered her about which as strange as it sounded to others had annoyed Autumn no end. She didn’t ever want her life controlled but some pointers in the right directions wouldn’t have been too much.

“Work.” She answered simply. “First it’s parents. Then it’s parents, school and friends. Then it’s work and friends. I grumble but at least my work outside of this carry on is enjoyable.” Of course the day had been quite enjoyable for her with her verbal sparring match against Morrigan but other than that it was a complete dud.

“Hey, would you like some company or would you be kind enough to provide some company for me? The cafe just along there is selling some of the best hot chocolate I’ve ever had. My treat but to save you worry…” Autumn took some gold from her bag. “You can purchase it - make sure there’s no funny business going on.” She smiled her friendly smile again. Though she hoped the girl would accompany her, give her a chance to find out something about her it wouldn’t matter if she didn’t. Autumn could always find something else to do.

Blythe Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Court for the set!
OWL
^
Drake Taggart
 Posted: Mar 2 2018, 03:16 PM

“That could be good. At least then my claim to have walked the whole world would be closer to being true.” At least he could always content himself with knowing that he’d seen parts of the world others never would. He’d been accepted by peoples that others never had a hope of ever meeting. Though he would one day love to have set foot on every inch of the planet he was content already with how his life had gone.

“Well, I’ve always taught and I do have a certificate somewhere that means it’s legal for me to do so.” Not that he’d stuck just to teaching the class he’d focused on at university. Drake liked to dabble too much. As he sat there that day he did so as a man who’d taught almost every subject at some point and was officially licensed to be both flying and apparition instructor. “Though many won’t accept me as such until I’ve worked in a proper school.”

That fact had never bothered Drake since he saw it for the snobbery it was. It had been a worry at his interview though. There being a belief that since the professor’s were spread so thing they couldn’t possibly teach a full time course properly as others did and therefore were not really professors at all. He wondered how that would go with the professors who in a few short weeks time were to find out that he was their new boss. It would be interesting at least.

“Or maybe I just come across as very wise.” He joked with her. “Like a wizened old wizard with a staff… maybe I should get a staff?” Drake was joking still. He already had a staff, it helped when hill walking.

“Yes, just the one.” Though he knew Abby couldn’t see his expression Drake closed off. There was a reason had known at quite a young age that serious relationships weren’t for him. “We both got burned.”

Drake actually held his breath as the moment he’d quickly come to dread arrived. Whether he believed it or not the answer was going to be hard to take. Once it was out there nothing could put it back and he’d have to think on it, at great length. It was just the way he was. “A dozen!” He was closed off no more. “Twelve? That can’t be right. There must be something wrong with my palms… a scar maybe?” He peered closely at his hands. “I know I have no scars there!” He said agitatedly as he sat back up. “Oh Abby, my heart can’t take this.” He grasped a hand to his chest already getting over the shock of it.

Soon he was smiling, amused now at the thought of his own palms working against him. He looked around and seeing no customers waiting behind him asked, “So how long are you planning on staying? Any plans for what you’ll do while you’re here?”

Abby DeClue

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Ophie
OWL
^
Richard Morrigan
 Posted: Mar 2 2018, 03:59 PM

It had been quite a while since Richard had considered himself stealthy – when he wasn’t actually trying to be – and so it surprised him rather a lot that his appearance had startled her so badly. Clearly, she’d really been in to the book she’d been reading and he briefly felt badly that he’d interrupted her. The charming smile that spread across her face was matched by an easy smile of his own. After his last conversation, it was nice to see someone who was so clearly glad to see him.

Unfortunately, it was an observation that brought him back to the meeting that had just ended and he found himself watching, more closely, the way she reacted to him and he couldn’t help admit that it appeared Autumn might have had a point. The more bothersome part was the consideration that she might have had a point about his own feelings as well. However, it wasn’t the time to deal with that; he’d have to think about it later.

“Thank you,” he replied at her enthusiast agreement and took the seat next to her at the table.

Her flustered demeanor made him smile and, before he had a chance to follow up on just why it was that she hadn’t wanted to come, she continued and answered most of his questions. His eyes followed her hand as it tucked the hair behind her ear and, internally, he sighed. Apparently, there wasn’t going to be anything that he needed to think about later. She was pretty, a hard worker, and it had been a long time since he’d had enough time – between work and his wards – to consider spending time with someone in a more social setting. There was no longer any doubt in his mind that was exactly what he was considering doing with Desmonda Stanis.

He listened as she explained her statement and he couldn’t help but laugh when she reached the end and then apologized for her tirade. With a pleasant, calming smile he disagreed, “There’s nothing to apologize for. I appreciate that you’ve been honest with me about how you feel.”

“If you don’t my being honest as well,” he looked around as though seeking out eavesdroppers, “I don’t particularly want to be here either.”

“Everything came together very well, but it’s not really set up for a targeted crowd that I’m particularly comfortable spending time with.”

“I’ll make you a deal,” he offered happily.

“If you stick by my side for a while, I’ll drive off any suitors that your mother sends after you and – once I’ve put in enough of an appearance – you can escape with me and we can get something to eat and escape the crowd.”

Desmonda Stanis

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Drucilla Selwyn
 Posted: Mar 2 2018, 04:57 PM

“I will be sure to keep that in mind.” Drucilla laughed lightly. “It has come as quite a surprise how tiring these affairs are to manage now. Too many years passed while I took a back seat.” She wasn’t complaining just stating the facts. She’d made a mistake along the way not just for herself but for the community she was born into. There was no changing the past but she could make a damned good attempt at changing the future.

His next comment had her smiling too as she nodded. “We are very good at what we do Richard and I.” Though she’d need a lot of rest when the day finished Drucilla had to admit it was all worth it. They had achieved what they’d set out to.

“That is exactly what I am hoping to achieve. If I throw them a bone every so often the picture should remain blurred.” Drucilla knew how to play politicians, she’d been a very quick learner when he’d taken her husbands Wizengamot seats and luckily for her back then some of the best to teach the fine art had remained. They were gone now of course, pushed out by those of lesser blood and class.

Chuckling when the Minister’s people were mentioned she added. “Yes, speaking of dogs and their bones…” Her grin had a slightly twisted turn to it though she was clearly quite amused. “I have spotted sight of that Winters woman with the ridiculous hair once or twice. Of course she has noticed me too, I ensured it, she has yet to work up the bravery to make the approach.”

When she’d seen the woman with Richard she had had to fight very hard not to go over. Richard was a big boy, he could well handle himself. Drucilla knew this but she also knew many of the pureblood who worked at the Ministry including those in the Administrative Department. Stories of the Winters woman had been told to Drucilla and she was just itching to take the woman down. It would keep of course.

“They could look for a hundred years and still find nothing to use against us. Frankly I should be insulted that they think I could ever be so sloppy.”

She turned slightly to see Arthur properly, took another sip from her mug then asked, “How have they been treating you there of late?” While their first meeting hadn’t become known the fact that she’d spent time with the young pureblood couldn’t be kept secret, it would be silly to try. Drucilla did worry though that it could turn things bad for the young man.

Arthur Weasley

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Desmonda Stanis
 Posted: Mar 2 2018, 09:51 PM

His returning smile made Desmondas brighten further still. She knew she shouldn’t feel so pleased about something so small as making him smile though she had to wonder why she shouldn’t. His smile was nice, she liked his smile. Why shouldn’t she be pleased to have caused something she liked to see? Though even as the pleased feeling filled her Desmonda had to scold herself, she was letting her thoughts run away with her. Mr Morrigan wasn’t smiling because of her but simply because that’s what people did. If another person smiled at you you returned it in kind. It was a difficult thing to do, bring herself crashing down like that but she knew it had to be done even if it did bring a feeling of sadness with it.

Hearing him laugh delighted her mostly because she knew she was the reason for it. It didn't matter then that it had been in reaction to her fumbling over her words and being so very awkward. “Thank you.” She replied quietly when he said there was nothing to apologise for. Probably she should feel worst about telling someone her mother was crazy but her mother wouldn’t mind, she thought it a quality her daughter was sorely lacking. She found herself slowly calming, the heat to her cheeks lessening and managed to return his smile with a small sweet one of her own.

As he spoke Desmonda’s eyes never left the man. They flitted between his eyes and mouth because everytime she noticed her gaze had travelled down she corrected it. She could only hope he didn’t notice. She shifted in her chair turning her body towards him. And she listened, nobody on earth had ever listened as Desmonda did then. If ever it were needed she could have recited back word-for-word all he’d said as well as the inflections to his voice as he said them.

At first while she knew she’d been listening more intently than was necessary Desmonda thought that she’d misheard his words. That was impossible of course so she didn’t entertain the thought for long. No, she had heard fine. The problem was she knew she was going to go ahead and allow her mind to rush off into its fantasyland. She could not accept his offer of course, make life easy for herself but why would she do a silly thing like that? No matter what she wanted to spend time with Richard Morrigan and if the offer was there she was going to grab it with both hands.

Luckily her confusion had worked in her favour, allowing her the chance to catch herself before she started blurting out words again without thought. She counted slowly to ten, willed her heart to stop playing up and ignored for the moment the fluttering warmth that started in her stomach before spreading out. It was a feeling she got often when she was with him and while the fact she was feeling it was scary there was a lot more nervous excitement there. Though her throat felt too thick to speak she managed it and even managed to throw a little coyness into her manner, “I think I can manage that.” Her sweet smile was replaced by one much more tempting. “And I’d really like to escape with you.”

Desmonda knew she shouldn’t do it, she should not be flirting with her boss. She shouldn’t even be thinking of leaving with anyone let alone him. Her mother would freak, she hadn’t been lying about that. She found that she simply didn’t care about what her mother wanted then. She didn’t rebel much being the almost perfect little daughter but there had been occasions. University was one, working at the Ministry (or working anywhere for that matter) another, her hair was even a bone of contention and now, today she was adding to the list. Father will just have to deal with her. she found the thought came with very little in the way of guilty feelings. It didn’t even matter where they would be escaping to. They could just go right now. No, she knew they couldn’t but she’d have liked to.

As before she had to bring herself back down. It’s not a date. Not a date. Not. Not. Not. He’s just being nice and you’re being stupid. she told herself sternly. She was resigned to the fact it wouldn’t hold long, soon enough off her mind would wander to where they could go and what they could do. All she could really do was stop it as soon as she realised it was happening and hope that the sadness doing that brought on didn't show.

To keep from saying anything she really shouldn’t Desmonda asked, “Was there anything you wanted to do?” Mostly the flirtatiousness was gone, mostly. Though that did make her start to wonder if Mr Morrigan would begin to think she had some kind of mood problem, that she switched from one to the other so easily. Well, easily to others. For Desmonda it was anything but easy to go against her own deepest wishes time after time.

Richard Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks to G for the set
OWL
^
Abby DeClue
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 07:17 PM

"Are you sure you haven't already walked the whole of the world?" Abby had known him for a fairly long time. They were both travelers of the far and wide. But somehow she was certain he'd managed to go many more places than she herself had. And she was no slouch when it came to wandering- her family had taught her well.

Color her surprised. He was certified. She raised her eyebrows to show both her surprise and her awe. Not awe, exactly. But she was certainly impressed. Drake was a go everywhere do a bit of everything kind of wizard. "Working in proper environments is often over-glorified." This was coming, of course, from a woman that had never had a traditional job in her life. While she meant what she said, she couldn't say that she was offended by people who thought differently. It was the way of the normal part of the world and she accepted that as she accepted her differences.

"I know a good source of staves if you're serious..." She had a source for just about anything a person could ask for. That was what happened when you moved around as much as she did. Abby could only assume that Drake, too, could find a staff should he really want one.

She patted his palm in her most soothing matter, drawing her fingertips down his fingers once more. "You need not tell me anything you're not comfortable with. I don't need to know if everything I say hits home or is off base." Abby sympathized with him. It wasn't at the top of a person's list to be burned by love. If he wanted to keep his relationship to himself, that was his right and she wouldn't overstep her boundaries.

"Tsk, tsk. You really ought to listen more carefully. At least a dozen. So you are either a very busy man or..." She would let him draw his own conclusions. That was what divination was about. At least her brand of divination. She led the horses to the water but they had to drink it themselves. If he believed he was truly that busy and that his zipper was permanently busted, that was up to him. However if he were the man she knew him to be, he could easily assume as she had that these children, all of them, were the most important of the important to him from his travels and from his position of a professor to be. That didn't mean that his theatrics didn't get a hearty laugh from her.

"You know better than that, Drake. When have you ever known me to have plans? I am here to be here for the time being. There is nothing to draw me away. I suppose I will play music, plague Igor, and tell as many fortunes as I can until it is time to move on." There was a part of her that was tired of traveling. It wasn't a new sensation but it had never lasted long. The UK demanded to be explored down to the smallest villiage but that was as far as she had gotten in her plans.

Drake Taggart

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Blythe Morrigan
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 02:52 PM

The name Autumn Winters was one that Blythe was one with which she was at least passingly familiar. It wasn’t as if she read the papers or followed the news or anything like that, but she’d heard the name mentioned several times over the summer during the investigation into the riots. If memory served, Autumn Winters was the one that had interrogated Amber; and she would be forever grateful to the older woman for pissing off Tim’s girlfriend as much as she had.

“I’ve heard about you,” she offered quietly, “you were helping to find out what happened in Diagon Alley; you helped to make sure the people responsible got caught. I heard my dad and my grandfather talking about you.”

Under different circumstances, Blythe might have smiled at the humble-brag at the end of the introduction. However, things had been anything but normal in her life for a long time – including, most recently, the mandatory sessions with a mind healer that her dad apparently thought was going to fix everything. She wasn’t having any of that and was doing her best to be so annoying that the healer would go ahead and just tell her not to come back. No luck so far.

“Not really any better, but the crowds would have been a lot smaller since everyone is here.”

A surge of jealousy made Blythe frown and she slipped her hands into her pockets. It would have been awesome not to have anyone ordering her about – even if nobody had specifically told her to come here. There was no doubt in her mind that the issue would have been forced if her dad had even bothered to think about it.

“You sound like my grandfather,” she replied with a sigh, “he’s always going on about the importance of work, family, and friends. I’m sorry that you had to come here too – it’s a weekend; everyone should be able to be off somewhere having fun.”

Blythe blinked in surprise as Autumn offered her the money and asked for the company. It wouldn’t have been how she’d chose to spend the day – but the request instead of the demand had caught her attention. With a slow nod, she reached out and took the gold before leading the way over toward the refreshments, trying to figure out just what this person wanted from her. Having grown up with her father, and now having spent some time getting to know he grandfather, she knew that nobody did anything like this for nothing. Especially not adults looking to spend time with kids.

Still, she thought, at least she was getting some free hot chocolate out of the deal.

*Fade Autumn and Blythe*

--------------------
user posted image
=Art by G=
OWLHowler
^
Arthur Weasley
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 03:28 PM

“I can only imagine,” Arthur commiserated, “the innumerable details of arranging a gathering like this, and then all the added stress of not coming across on the wrong side of a Ministry that would like nothing better than to shuffle you off and out of its way.”

“Should you find yourself in need of help with whatever you have planned next, please don’t hesitate to ask me. I’ll do anything in my power to help.”

His mind was in a similar vein to hers. His family had been looked down upon by both sides for as long as anyone living could remember. They’d thrown their lot in with the mudbloods and blood traitors, seemingly in the hopes that they’d be accepted among the new guard, as they never had been among their peers. It had failed, and the family had been a joke to everyone for centuries. There wasn’t anything that Arthur could do about what had come before, but he would be damned if he’d just living out the rest of his life without trying to do something about what came next.

With a nod, he agreed, “I would say you are – it’s most impressive.”

At the mention of Autumn Winters, Arthur frowned and agreed, “I saw her too. She was talking to Mr. Morrigan on my way back to find you. I can only imagine how frustrated she’s going to be when she isn’t able to find anything wrong with today.”

“It would almost be fun to be in the Minister’s office when they discuss today.”

After a moment of consideration, he answered, “Frankly, they seem to be pretending that I don’t exist. It’s given me plenty of time to get my work done and remain caught up – but even the vampires haven’t been coming around as much lately. It makes me wonder what is going on.”

“The fact that they went out of their way to force the Minister to put me where I am, and then not to come back has me just a bit concerned. At some point my position will likely be deemed superfluous if I’m not actually doing anything,” he finished with a shrug.

Drucilla Selwyn

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Aiden Flynn
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 04:01 PM

Being glared at for being too loud wasn’t something that Aiden was unused to; so he simply ignored the hateful glares from the people who were apparently trying to put on a show for like three people. For a moment, he was confused and he found himself having to ask, quietly, for clarification, “Why did I do what? Why did I point out that their show isn’t very good? I guess because I was taught not to lie while I was growing up… Granted, I don’t know that my parents thought I should take it this far… but why let them persist in their self-deception?”

Her hurried denial wasn’t quite what he’d expected and he found himself even more curious as to what had brought it on. The way her eyes had darted around, and then the angry glare, almost made it seem like she was afraid someone was going to jump out of the shadows and yell at her. He blinked at her angry hiss.

“Sorry, that’s another thing I’m not so good at,” he grinned playfully, “the whole shutting up thing just isn’t for me.”

“Well, that’s just a little disappointing,” he replied to her explanation with a sad frown.

“Not for you obviously…”

The frown disappeared into an apologetic grin, “I meant for me. If you’re a metamorphmagus, that means it’s all just sort of innate, doesn’t it? You’re probably not going to be able to teach me how to do that. In a world of magic, you’d think that properly changing your looks wouldn’t be quite so...”

Unfortunately – or fortunately depending on your perspective – the rest of what he was going to say was cut off by the interruption of the handler. Poppy’s explosion at the guy surprised a laugh from Aiden and he shrugged as she stormed off, “You heard the girl, mate. If you’d just shut your trap and let the owls do their thing you might not be chasing off half your audience right now…”

“That was brilliant,” he told her as he caught up.

He looked back over his shoulder and chuckled again as he noticed he was almost right too. Once the outburst was over, the majority of the people standing around the area had turned to focus on other things and there were just three young children standing and listening to them talk. Though, even they were clearly just waiting to see the birds.

Poppy Burke

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Drake Taggart
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 06:20 PM

“Thankfully there are still many places I have yet to be.” Drake answered happily enough. If he went to too many places too soon he’d leave himself with nothing. There were places that at that point in time it was simply too dangerous to go to, places that thanks to magic he could not physically go and of course, the places he’d just not got round to visiting yet. He would do it, he was sure of that.

“I agree. Though it may serve as a nice change.” That’s what Drake was hoping anyway. He’d already decided he was staying put for a while when he’d agreed to apply for the job at Hogwarts. Whether he’d gotten the job or not he was going to stay in the country for the year. Now the time of his stay may be stretching and Drake would accept that happily enough.

After taking a moment to think about it Drake said. “I may be.” Now he was to take on a proper job he could treat himself to a new staff. He so rarely treated himself, sometimes a person deserved it.

“There really isn’t much to tell. The usual story of two people wanting different things in life.” Of course there was a little more to it than that but really it all boiled down to differences. The main difference being Drake’s reluctance to even discuss making some kind of commitment. It just wasn’t the person he was as he’d known then and still knew now.

Sounding shocked Drake joked, “No sane man can be that busy.” He got the jist of what she was aiming at though. It may not mean his actual children, but his children in some other sense. Maybe he was to be the proud companion of many more cats. Estel was like a kind of child to him.

Drake was quiet for a long moment as he looked across the table at his friend. He glanced at the bird before he spoke. “Well, if while you’re here you want to try the supposedly normal life I’d be grateful of the company and I happen to know where there’s a job going that might be right up your street.”

Not normally an impulsive man Drake was surprised to even be thinking what he was. He was walking in to lead a school with some staff vacancies he needed to fill. He’d had a chance to read over some applications for one of the posts and each had been worse than the one before. He knew Abby and while he didn’t know the subject much he had seen enough while spending time with her to know that she was an expert where he was not.

Abby DeClue

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Ophie
OWL
^
Drucilla Selwyn
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 09:14 PM

As he commiserated Drucilla nodded. All he said was true and even before the day itself the balancing act could prove quite draining. She’d deal with it though, she had to. At least she had Richard to help and was certain she’d soon be able to bring in others

“You may regret that offer I have much planned.” Drucilla smiled. “Thank you.” she added with a dip of her head. He was a good man to make the offer and she didn’t detect a hint of insincerity from him.

That was why she’d taken to the man so easily. He meant what he said about changing how his family was seen by others. With how much he seemed to want it Drucilla felt that more than some who were already there Arthur deserved to be right in the middle of the pureblood fold.

Drucilla let out a burst of laughter at the thought of the meeting between the Minister and his Senior Undersecretary. “The pro-muggle offices of The Daily Prophet too. Three of their more biased reporter’s I’ve noticed today.” She didn’t count the reporters biased in favour of their cause. “That man there wearing the brown coat.” She pointed him out. “That woman with the orange hair near the sweet shop. I have momentarily lost track of the other.” Not that it mattered, like the Ministry employees the reporters would find nothing to use against her or Richard that day.

“That may be for the best at present.” She told him thinking that he was better ignored than constantly watched. “There is a reason that vampire chose you and I am sure he is not done yet.” Whether that was good or bad remained to be seen. “It has yet to be revealed exactly why Dorjan returned to walk amongst the living. A story has spread of an uprising in the vampire community, an eventual play for power. Apparently Dorjan returned to deal with that though I remember tales of him dealing with the same without fully returning to our world.” Drucilla shrugged lightly before taking another sip.

“Remember, Arthur, time is different for those creatures. What is slow to us may not seem so for an immortal. A day must seem like a second to them.”

The old woman smiled, more to herself this time. “Whatever the vampires are planning I am sure it won’t be good for our Minister or his barking friend.”

Arthur Weasley

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Poppy Burke
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 09:28 PM

Aiden’s answer made Poppy laugh again and again she was angry at herself for doing so. She shouldn’t be laughing at some stupid mudblood. Though how she was supposed to not laugh at something she found funny Poppy did not know. “It would be cruel to let them carry on.” She joined in the joke. It annoyed her to do so but she was supposed to have fun at the Fayre. This was fun.

Finding herself giggling Poppy quickly covered her mouth since she couldn’t stop it. This wasn’t fair! She shouldn’t be laughing or giggling at anything this boy said. Why wasn’t there some kind of switch in her head or deep rooted instinctive hatred? If she had either she would be able to handle this situation as Granny Selwyn would. Though, as that thought struck her she had to wonder if Granny Selwyn actually had to deal with muggleborns. It certainly hadn’t happened when Poppy could witness it.

The girl frowned at his sad frown. What did he have to be sad and disappointed about? He wasn’t the one who suddenly had bright pink hair and pointed ears. He explained before she could ask and Poppy had to admit that she’d done it again, thought only of the bad side to what she could do. Not that she could help it right then when her embarrassment was so obviously there for the world to see.

“Umm no, I can’t teach it… I’m still mostly learning it myself.” When she was younger her appearance would change easily but she had little control over it. “I don’t know how to stop this!” She pointed at her head. “Aurors learn how to change their appearance - they must know spells and potions. Maybe you can find out?”

When he caught up with her Poppy smiled smugly. It had been good and she found that she liked hearing someone agree with her thoughts on it. She too glanced over her shoulder. “Serves them right.” She said seeing what little audience was left for the handlers to bore.

She kept on her way but soon had stopped as she realised she had nowhere in mind to go. “What do you want to do?” She turned to Aiden and asked. It didn’t really occur to her then that she shouldn’t be asking him that at all.

Aiden Flynn

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks to G for the set!
OWL
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Hogsmeade | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 5 
Complete
New Poll