Cryptic Conjuring -> Winter Fayre
It is May 2077.
High temps reach 14°C while the lows stay nice at 7°C. Day begins at 5.30am and ends with sunset at 9pm. Rain is an almost constant with dry days being mostly clouded over.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
House Points
G
H

R
S
Board Stats
M F
Adults 19 12
University 3 1
Hogwarts 14 12

Hogwarts
First Years 0
Second Years 1
Third Years 1
Fourth Years 5
Fifth Years 4
Sixth Years 11
Seventh Years 4

Hogwarts Houses
Gryffindors 7
Hufflepuffs 6
Ravenclaws 5
Slytherins 8

University
First Years 2
Second Years 2
Third Years 0
Fourth Years 0

Blood Status
Purebloods 22
Halfbloods 20
Muggleborns 12
Unknown 2
Squibs 1
Vampires 1
Veelas 4
Fey 1
Werewolves 0
Changeling 0
Social Media

Tumblr

Rating

Click for Explanation
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Complete
New Poll

Winter Fayre, Open
Richard Morrigan
 Posted: Feb 26 2018, 04:22 PM

A pleasant smile spread across Richard’s face at her reply, “I see, so it’s not that you were upset about having to stand for a picture with me, so much as it was that you weren’t sure of just how photogenic you would be in a spontaneous setting.”

“I should have asked first I suppose – with your hair, I had assumed that you wouldn’t be quite as vain as others that I’ve met. I’ll remember for next time.”

For some reason, the utter blatancy of her insults surprised a bark of laughter from Richard. For a Senior Undersecretary, he would have expected more subtlety from her, although that didn’t mean that it amused him any less. With a pleased grin, he shrugged and said, “I fail to see how it is considered generous to fail to guess someone’s age appropriately. That must be something that you and the Minister brought with you from the Muggle World?”

“I suppose, with that in mind, it’s no surprise that you’re all so willing to through away your home and culture to come running here.”

“Though, that doesn’t explain why you’d be so stupid as to try to make the magical world more like that…” he added questioningly before looking her over and finishing, “Ah well, there’s no accounting for taste… or lack thereof.”

“You wound me, Ms. Winters,” he replied with a feigned look of sadness, “I thought we were getting along so well. How will be bridge this divide between us if we can’t even talk civilly with each other?”

“Hardly, dear Autumn, there’s nothing that you could do that could cause trouble for me.”

His eyes tracked over to where Desmonda was sitting before darting back to his current opponent, “I’m sure that Miss Stanis will be delighted to hear that you find her so beautiful. I will be sure to pass your regards onto her when I speak with her next.”

“You are right; Miss Stanis is wonderful at her job. However, in regards to your insinuations, you should bear in mind that there are an impressive numbers of rumors about yourself as well. As you’ve pointed out already, I’ve been around a while and some of the rumors about what you’ve been doing with the Minister to secure your current position made me blush.”

“They’re quite specific too… So much so that one could be forgiven for assuming that there was more than a kernel of truth to it all. I can only imagine how embarrassing it would be if that got out further and the press decided it would be worthwhile to dig into. We all know how much they love a good scandal,” he concluded conspiratorially.

Autumn Winters

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Aiden Flynn
 Posted: Feb 26 2018, 04:51 PM

Considering that the shindig had been put on by a group of Purebloods, Aiden was having a lot more fun than he’d ever expected too. Especially this soon after his best friend’s sudden departure from the school. He’d been doing his best to keep in touch with Caryn by mail, but it seemed like they were already growing apart and it couldn’t have been that long. He was looking forward to seeing her once he got home for the summer.

For the moment though, his eye had been caught by an attractive woman handing out drinks. After he’d gotten close enough that he could actually talk to her, it quickly became clear that she was already out of school and viewed him as little more than an annoying distraction from what she was doing. Without anything else to keep his attention, he’d set out to try to find some of his friends.

Not only was he having a lot more trouble with that than he’d anticipated, he was actually having a lot more trouble finding other students than he’d expected. It took a little while before he happened across a girl that he knew he recognized but he’d be damned if he could come up with her name or where exactly he knew her from. It had to be class…

With a bright smile on his face, he made his way over toward where she was standing by the owls. It seemed like there was about to be some sort of a presentation or something, but it hadn’t started yet so he greeted her, “Hi there, having fun?”

Poppy Burke

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Feb 26 2018, 06:29 PM

“Excuse me!” Maz sounded shocked. “Dinnae recall offerin’ masel up? Such a big hit fur yersel so ye are.” She scolded playfully.

While Tim and Maz hadn’t stopped their little back and forths altogether him and Amber becoming an item had resulted in Maz making an effort to tone it down. It just hadn’t been the same really, or at least Maz had felt it hadn’t. Certainly there had come to be more general banter than even before but again that had toned down thanks to Amber’s supposedly bored but Maz thought annoyed expressions.

In the face of Tim’s horror and questions Maz simply shrugged and drank again from the bottle.

“Aye, he’s a beast awright.” She commented offhandedly. Maz would congratulate herself later for saying that without even the hint of a smile. True or not it was a ridiculously funny thing to come out with she felt. “Haud the bus!” The girl went as far as to hold one hand up and looked at Tim quizzically. “Ur you tellin’ me that the reek eh pish isnae sexy?” While taking another slug of vodka she shook her head. “Ah wiznae prepared fur this level eh revelation the day.” She told Tim in serious tones as she put the lid back on.

“Fine, fine, ah’ll agree way ye oan the beard ‘hing ah suppose.” Even as she spoke a wicked smile was threatening. “Ah did hae much mair fun ‘hinkin’ aboot him at night afore the beard. Many a lonely night wiz spent lyin’ there makin’ up wee se-” Having glanced Tim’s way to see the expression on his face Maz busrt out laughing.

“Aw man, this is so much better than that time ah telt Pavon ah wiz gaunae shag his brother.” Laughing still she reopened her bottle for another drink.

Timothy Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
-Mega thanks to Court for the set-
OWL
^
Autumn Winters
 Posted: Feb 26 2018, 07:22 PM

“There’s not one thing wrong with taking pride in appearance.” Autumn patted her hair, hair she was actually quite proud of and loved. “You could do with being a little more vain yourself.”

The woman shrugged without care. “Must be.” A sickly sweet smile was in place. She had, of course, heard it all before. Most purebloods she encountered were boringly unoriginal and in dire need of some new insults.

“Yes, yes, the muggle world is bad and nasty. I’ve heard it all before so can we skip it? It’s a good thing you stopped, it wouldn’t do for the wrong person to overhear you say such things. You almost slipped up.” Tsk-ing quietly she shook her head. “You should do better than that, Mr. Morrigan.”

Again Autumn shrugged. “Some bridges are simply better left to burn.”

“Well aren’t you a sweetie.” Autumn’s eyes had that wicked glint again. “Wrong but just the sweetest.” Her simpering tone was off-putting to say the least it was so overly sugary.

“It would be ridiculous of me to dismiss as untruth what can be seen with the naked eye.” Autumn noted simply.

“Oh now, Richard, you wound me.” She placed a hand on her chest, close to her heart. “To think that I would look on relations between two consenting adults as scandalous and something to be used? Dear dear, you are quite old fashioned, aren’t you?” She sighed. “You have me all wrong, terribly, terribly wrong. I merely thought that you could use our lovely Ms. Stannis’ willing help to take… what was it you said - a break from the drudgery of late winter. Clearly both of you want to and the looks, though so sweet in their way they are getting a little boring now.” She bobbed slightly to the side. “She looks when you aren’t.” Another bob took her slightly to the opposite side. “You leer when she’s looking away.” Autumn straightened again. “The tension is just too much!”

While Autumn hadn’t appeared phased by his talk of rumours concerning herself she most certainly was. As soon as she was back at the Ministry she’d be talking to her little creatures to hear what they knew. The truth of a rumour didn’t matter when it was out there and if she’d been failed by her paid ears then some ears would be in for a bashing.

“There may also be a book running.” Autumn admitted as she glanced around the crowd. “Just a little fun office gambling. It does wonders for morale”

Richard Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Court for the set!
OWL
^
Poppy Burke
 Posted: Feb 26 2018, 08:14 PM

Poppy had quickly become disappointed in her choice. This was boring. All that had happened so far was some witch and wizard talking and making what they obviously thought were jokes judging by their laughing. Poppy disagreed. Still, it was the perfect place to stand and she could mostly ignore the humans to watch the birds properly.

They may not have done anything with them yet but the owls were still interesting. Poppy was just wondering what glaring one was going to be first to lose it and try to attack someone. It would be stopped of course but the person’s reaction would be amusing. The girl glanced around trying to guess who would be the potential victim.

Having dwindled her choices down to two men, one very loud and the other very fidgety and nervous the Slytherin was quite annoyed at having her thoughts interrupted. It only got worse when she looked to the person who’d spoke. A mudblood! Clearly he didn’t know who she was because no mudblood should ever want to talk to her under any circumstances and that’s exactly the way Poppy liked it.

With hardened eyes she looked the boy over and clearly was not pleased by what she saw. “Not really.” She answered tonelessly knowing that as this day was a mixture of people that Granny Selwyn would expect her to do her bit. At the moment that meant not shouting at this boy for his cheek.

It clicked with her suddenly who he was causing a small grin to appear. Aiden Flynn, the mudblood Gryffindor. He’d been mentioned in that new school paper. Poppy had enjoyed it, it had not been nice.

“Are you?” She asked just because that was what a person was supposed to do. Her voice was still toneless even as she amused herself by thinking up all manner of ways she could embarrass him. It was too bad that as well as being under order from Granny Selwyn that Poppy also knew Aiden was a Prefect. She really was tempted to just let the insults fly. It didn’t matter really, there was always another time. "Why are you asking me anyway? Don't you have any friends?" Or maybe there could be just a little insulting now.

Aiden Flynn

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks to G for the set!
OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Feb 27 2018, 04:48 PM

“It sure sounded like an offer to me,” Tim replied with a shrug, as he fought to hold back his smile, “if you’re not going to be making legitimate offers, you should probably be a little bit more precise with your language…”

The off-handed agreement wasn’t what he was looking for, but it didn’t help that he didn’t know what it was he was looking for either. He offered a weak smile in the face of her attempt anyway. At her next comment, he blinked and looked down at the bottle he was holding and then back up. With a shake of his head, he took another drink and replied, “Alright – I can normally follow what you’re saying, but I think this might be stronger than usual, because I’m going to need you to translate that one.”

“If you’re thinking…”

Tim broke off again and turned just a little bit green at the mental picture that her words had called to mind. In most cases, he considered his active and vivid imagination to be a good thing; alas, this was not one of those moments.

“While I’d normally love to have a discussion about what you think about when you’re alone in your bed at night, I think we should just not ever, every mention this again…” he countered, making a face.

When she laughed at him, he tried to pout and said, “That’s just mean. And what’s this about Pavon’s brother? When did you have a chance to make a pass at him?”

Maz Cowan

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Aiden Flynn

As soon as the girl turned to look at him, Aiden knew that he’d made a mistake. She’d looked bored standing there watching the birds, but now she just looked pissed off and he didn’t know what to make of it. To the best of his knowledge, he’d never done anything to piss her off; when she actually answered his question, he shrugged and replied, “That’s too bad – maybe if you go check out the stalls? They’ve got some games set out…”

“Mostly they’re for the younger kids, but it’s got to be more entertaining than just hanging around here.”

The sudden grin actually set his nerves on edge, it wasn’t the sort of grin that he’d come to expect to turn into anything good. Cautiously, he nodded, “It’s not too bad so far. Just kind of looking around to see what’s here.”

The insult hit just a little bit closer to home that he would have liked and he couldn’t help but flinch at it. Caryn’s disappearance was still super fresh, and it stung. Still, he managed not to let the hurt show and a bright smile spread across his face, “Of course I do – I’m everyone’s friend. Hence why I bothered to stop and check in on you – I’d be a terrible friend if I let you just stand around here; boring and alone.”

Poppy Burke

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Richard Morrigan

For a moment, Richard was about to reply again but stopped himself. Exchanging insults with this witch was such a remarkable waste of time and energy that he couldn’t fathom why he was about to willingly continue with it. Given any luck, she and her mentor would be gone from the public scene before too long – worst-case scenario; they might last for a couple of election cycles. When it came right down to it, she just wasn’t important enough to be a concern.

“Well, I suppose that you’re right about that – but only in so much that I shouldn’t give you the opportunity to misconstrue what it is that I actually say.”

“As I said, it was silly of me to consider this an open and civil conversation among colleagues,” he finished with a wry grin and a shake of his head.

While it was all too likely that she’d meant the wicked look in her eyes to be intimidating, Richard just couldn’t bring himself to care about it. She wasn’t the first hopped up bureaucrat that he’d had to deal with and he was sure that she wouldn’t be the last; and he was sure that she’d have just as much luck as those that had come before.

“If only more bureaucrats had that ability… it makes you rather a rare breed.”

As much as he would have liked to, it was effortless not to roll his eyes in her face. She was rapidly becoming boring. With another shake of his head, he replied, “I am sure that we both know that you would happily take any advantage you could find over me, or any other pureblood. It is silly to try and hedge on it now as you’re already widely regarded as the Minister’s attack dog.”

“But at the same time, it’s flattering that you’re spending so much energy thinking about my… tensions…”

“A book you say,” he replied with a laugh, “I would imagine that does have wonders to do for the office morale, though I’m curious that you have enough time to be following it. Doesn’t the Minister keep you gainfully employed?”

Autumn Winters

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Feb 27 2018, 05:29 PM

“Aw dinnae worry, Morrigan.” Maz told him as she patted his thigh. “One day it will be a legitimate offer. Just no the day.”

For a moment Maz frowned. It was so rare for Tim to ask for a translation since he usually so good at keeping up with what she was saying. “Gaune huv tae tone this doon, eh?” The girl actually sounded sad as she asked. “Be a right pain in the arse. Ah’ve used it tae annoy Jen fur so f**kin’ long.”

After a light sigh Maz spoke again and her accent was completely transformed. Oh it was still very clear that she was Scottish but gone were the harsh city slang words and edge. In its place was a oddly lilting, sing-song way of speaking. “What ah said was - Are you telling me the stink of human urine is not sexy?” Okay, she put it on a bit there with her choice of wording but she was allowed to be annoyed. It was hard to hear the accent she’d never lost only spoken over, the same drawl her father had infecting her own words. “Ah’m not prepared for this level of revelation.”

“Aww poor wee Tim.” She was still laughing at his disgust as she nudged him gently. “Ah’ll let up.” She flashed her sweetest smile before adding. “For now.”

She met his pout with an exaggerated one of her own before she answered. “Ah didnae have tae make a pass at him. Just had tae let Pavon think ah wanted tae bang him.” She shrugged. “No like his brother would say naw if he had the chance, is it?” Back to her cocky ways she downed some more vodka. “Anyway, it’s no like ah ever intended tae actually dae it.”

Maz was laughing again as a thought struck her. “If he’s anything like Pavon ah’d put a big bet on instead of him making sexytime noises he’d shout insults aboot muggles.”

Timothy Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
-Mega thanks to Court for the set-
OWL
^
Poppy Burke
 Posted: Feb 27 2018, 06:15 PM

“Pfft!” Poppy let out the noise at Aiden’s suggestion. “I’m fine here. I like owls, they’re very interesting. Some humans talk too much though.” The last could have been aimed at Aiden but it actually wasn’t. It was aimed at the pair given the demonstration which is why Poppy didn’t trouble herself with lowering her voice when she said it.

“There isn’t much.” Poppy spoke before she thought and her eyes widened as she realised she’d just insulted the event itself. If anyone told Granny Selwyn she’d be in for another telling off. “I mean, I didn’t see much I wanted to do when I walked around.” She hurried to correct. “I’m sure other people can find something that suits their interests.”

Poppy frowned at Aiden as he confused her. “You can’t possibly be everyone’s friend. No one is everyone’s friend. I’m sure there’s even a saying about it.”

“And I’m not boring, I’m bored.” She couldn’t tell for sure if he’d just insulted her since it was delivered in such a friendly, light manner. Still her eyes narrowed before widening as she realised she’d gone and done it again! Insulted the day Granny Selwyn had worked so hard to put together. “No, I mean, I just… oh I give up!” She was getting flustered now, embarrassed as she felt the eyes of those closest glance her way. It was ridiculous really to be so worried about Granny Selwyn and upsetting her but it was important to Poppy. She could handle it from anyone else but if Granny Selwyn showed disappointment in her it stayed with her for days. As always when she wasn’t in proper control of herself Poppy’s hair started to lighten towards pink and her ears began forming a point.

As annoyed as she was Poppy turned from Aiden back to the show she now tried to show some interest in. She folded her arms and wondered why these people couldn’t just shut up and let the birds show off.

Aiden Flynn

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks to G for the set!
OWL
^
Autumn Winters
 Posted: Feb 27 2018, 07:28 PM

With no reply forthcoming Autumn grinned. To others it may seem a trivial thing but no matter how small a win, it was still a win and getting the last insult was so good.

Autumn rolled her eyes at the thought she’d misconstrue anything he said. She would as he would hers. It was just so obvious it didn’t actually need saying.

“Well, there’s civil and there’s civil. Civil between you and I will always have that sharp edge to it I fear.” It was simply too much to expect muggleborns to be fully civil with people they knew would like to see their kind wiped from existence. Too much of an ask for anyone.

“Attack dog I may be. I don’t even wish to deny that, it’s such an interesting reputation to have.” Autumn grinned, she really didn’t mind being thought of as such. It suited her she thought. “It’s nothing more than a pain that the public find scandals where there isn’t one.” Though she may well take a sex scandal to a helpful journalist she actually had no intention of doing so and it would only be done if she had nothing else and was at the absolute last resort stage. A world where a healthy sex life wasn’t viewed on as something nasty and often career ending sounded like a wonderful place to Autumn. Plus, though the rumours Richard had spoken of weren’t true there were others, she hadn’t always intended on becoming a politician afterall.

The woman smirked. “It’s difficult not to when it’s so obvious I’m afraid.”

“With so many people invested and set to win gold I find it takes up very little of my own time.” No time at all since it didn’t actually exist. “Oh yes, we’re kept very busy correcting mistakes of the past… well, you know, you helped make them.”

“Now don’t take this the wrong way but I’m going to find someone a bit more interesting to chat with.” She smiled sweetly. “I’m sure you’re busy too. You have your wards… oh sorry… ward to keep you on your toes. It’s just to bad you lost the other one.”

Without even waiting for that to land Autumn had turned and left, soon disappearing into the crowd as she hurried on her way. She was a bully but not necessarily a brave one. There was only so far she’d push a man like Richard Morrigan before leaving to save her own hide. Soon another Morrigan had caught her attention and slowing she made her way over to the girl.

“Hello.” She smiled, she was able to be friendly when she wanted to. “Blythe, isn’t it? Sorry to bother you but you look like another person who doesn’t want to be here?” While she didn’t talk much to children Autumn felt she did well at it since she just spoke to them as she would an adult. “You’d think there would be an end to such a thing when you’re an adult but no it just keeps happening.”

Richard Morrigan
Blythe Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Court for the set!
OWL
^
Jonathan Hale
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 04:28 PM

The crowds and general merriment of the Winter Fayre were largely lost on Jonathan; though, no one who saw him would never have believed it as he made his way through the crowd. He was laughing and joking with the people around him as he clapped people he recognized on the shoulder and generally made his presence known.

Honestly, the part that he appreciated the most was the occasionally glimpse that he caught of his people in action – working the alleys and fringes of the crowd. After all, you couldn’t gather a crowd of this size and diversity without having at least a few people who were hoping to partake in the seedier side of life – and his people were there to provide just that opportunity.

Granted, they had to be a great deal more circumspect now as the Aurors and other members of the DMLE were filtering through the crowd. They were keeping their eyes open for any threat or signs of danger; and it was just one of those faces that caught his attention. Senior Auror Mitchell wasn’t a face that was often on the street anymore and Jon was curious just how the mountain of a man had managed to pull this duty.

The sight of the massive Senior Auror rescuing a boy from a roof just seemed such a massive waste that he couldn’t help but shake his head at it. It was just this sort of mismanagement of resources that allowed his organization to flourish and he supposed he should be grateful for it. They occasionally fed some low level operatives to the DMLE and they never seemed to spend much time investigating further. Jon doubted he could have arranged a better agreement with the Aurors if he’d tried.

“Well done, sir!” he stepped up beside the Auror with a friendly smile as the man hurried away from the site of his latest rescue.

“It’s a shame that she hadn’t had the presence of mind to bring the boy down on her own, but they were very lucky that you were near at hand.”

Levi Mitchell

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Arthur Weasley
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 04:28 PM

It hadn’t taken long after his arrival for Arthur to determine that this gathering wasn’t nearly as elite as the Yule Ball, but he supposed that couldn’t really be helped. The purebloods were in an unfortunate situation where they were being forced to unite and organize – while, at the same time, being forced to appear that wasn’t the case and to seem like they were waiting for the muggle filth with open arms. It was a tight walk that he didn’t envy Lady Selwyn or Richard Morrigan at all.

Fortunately, not many people wanted to speak with him so he was able to spend his time wandering around and seeing what had been arranged. There were games for people of all ages – though most of them focused around various bits of magical culture that many people just took for granted. It was somewhat brilliant, as most people seemed to be having a good time and being actually introduced to things that they should have known for years.

Even the bar had a small write up about the history of the place and all of the things that it had seen and survived. He went and got a drink, enjoying the warmth of the street for a while and watching in horrified fascination at the kids that were running around too – he desperately wished that they could have remained behind at the school – but he figured he wasn’t able to have everything he wanted.

After he felt, he’d given her enough time to greet those that needed to be recognized, Arthur stood and left the bar to find Drucilla and congratulate her on another well-done event.

She was easy enough to find – surrounded by well-wishers and brown-nosers. Finally, an opening appeared and he stepped into it hoping to catch her attention, “Lady Selwyn, I just wanted to take a moment of your time to congratulate you on your event.”

“It’s marvelous.”

Drucilla Selwyn

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Richard Morrigan
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 04:29 PM

Richard smiled as she talked about the edge that would always exist between them. It was always nice to be able to look your enemy in the eye – even when they knew it too. The edge that she was describing was what made the entire effort worthwhile as far as he was concerned. If there wasn’t the hint of danger, then whatever you were doing likely wasn’t worth the time.

“You shouldn’t, it was meant as a compliment,” he replied with a reluctantly respectful nod. As much as he detested this woman, she was a worthy adversary – the sort of person that needed to be destroyed before true reconstruction could take place.

“It’s not just the public at large that does that.”

As one of the few pureblood families that had maintained their wealth and position, Richard wasn’t particularly concerned about some random office pool. People had been muttering about him and his family since before he was born and it wasn’t likely to stop any time soon. Her response was just about what he’d expected, “Oh yes, correcting the mistakes of the past by making all sorts of new ones. Spending your time trying to erase the past while ignoring the present and allowing my family to be murdered in Diagon Alley because your DMLE couldn’t be bothered to patrol.”

“Your actions feeding into the hatred of our society that caused the muggleborns that incited the riots, and then caused some misguided people to return that viciousness onto Headmaster Norwood. Tell me, has there been any progress in discovering his killer?”

He smiled, “The Wizengamot is waiting anxiously for someone to come before use.”

“It seems that you’re so interested in creating your brave new world, that you’re not too concerned about the people living and dying in it,” he finished with a shake of his head.

The cut about Amber was unexpected and before he had a chance to reply, she’d seemed to recognize that she might have stumbled across a line as she turned and fled back into the crowd. Richard stood and took a deep breath for a moment – running back through his meditation lessons and clearing his mind. He could feel the stress and irritation bleed away and the pleasant, friendly smile returned to his face as he made his way back through the crowd; nodding and greeting people as he went.

With nothing else pressing for his time, Richard made his way toward the bar and approached Desmonda’s table where she sat reading and gently cleared his throat to get her attention, “Miss Stanis, it’s wonderful to see you here today. Do you mind if I join you?”

Desmonda Stanis

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Blythe Morrigan

The crowds had absolutely been too much, and Blythe was seriously considering a tactical retreat back up to the castle when she was approached by an adult that she didn’t immediately recognize. Try as she might, Blythe couldn’t place her, though she thought the woman was some sort of Ministry official. Any hope that the woman was just going to continue past her was destroyed with the smile and the greeting.

“Hello,” she replied quietly, only to frown when the woman knew her name.

“That’s right, I’m Blythe… What is your name?”

Talking to strangers likely wasn’t the brightest thing she could be doing, but wasn’t that what this sort of gathering was supposed to be about? With a forced smile, she answered, “You’re no bother, and you’re right – I’m not really sure why I’m here. I should have just stayed back at the school.”

“I’m sorry to hear that this doesn’t get better though,” she finished – true disappointment coloring her words, “why did you come if you didn’t want to? I’m sure that your parents aren’t hanging around telling you that you need to get out and make friends and be normal.”

Autumn Winters

--------------------
user posted image
=Art by G=
OWLHowler
^
Aiden Flynn

While it occurred to him that she could have been talking about the people putting on their demonstration, Aiden pretty much assumed that she was talking about him. Still, he wasn’t concerned about her feelings toward him so he mindlessly played along with what she was saying. With a nod, he agreed, “They really do – they should just stop talking and let the owls do something cool. It’s not like anyone is here to see the people talk…”

The look of concern and shock on her face as she complained about the Fayre made him grin. While he wasn’t clear on the specifics of what was going on, it was pretty obvious that she didn’t want to be caught speaking badly about the celebration.

“I suppose you could be right, maybe the organizers didn’t put as much thought into what people would actually enjoy doing,” he replied agreeably; a contemplative look crossing his face as he turned to take in the sights of the Fayre again.

“Maybe not most people, but I am. I’m everybody’s friend; I’m the exception that proves the rule.”

Again, the look of surprise and concern that left Aiden concealing the amused grin that was trying to break free. When she got all flustered and all but threw her hands up, he couldn’t help but chuckle. He blinked, intrigued as the color of her hair started to shift, and he asked curiously, “How are you doing that? That’s awesome.”

Any thought of pestering her further, just to get her wound up, vanished as her hair shifted. It really was an awesome effect and he was deeply curious as to whether it was something she could possibly teach him how to do.

Poppy Burke

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 04:30 PM

“It’s good to hear you say that, and you can be certain that I’ll hold you to that,” he replied with a playful grin as he unconsciously twisted the bottle in his hands.

“Not usually, but sometimes I feel like you’re trying to go over the top just to see how well I can keep up,” he teased her, before shaking his head and continuing ruefully, “I can normally keep up by the context, but I seem to be missing more than a few tricks recently.”

Hearing the change in tone actually made Tim feel bad. It didn’t sound like his friend at all, and he missed the excited tone that infested most everything she said. When she explained just what it was that she’d said, he snorted and replied, “I will admit, that watersports are something that I just never got into – but to each their own I suppose…”

“I’ll say that I didn’t expect it to be your thing…”

Tim smiled as she nudged him and promised that she’d let up. Somehow, he expected that ‘for the moment’ were the key words in the offer. It didn’t seem like the sort of thing that she’d willingly let up on for too long. Still, he was more than happy to take whatever he could get on the all too disturbing conversation.

“Only a blind man would say no to that opportunity,” he replied with a grin, “or an idiot, and if the brother is anything like Pavon he could easily fall into the category…”

Another grin flashed across Tim’s face. As far as his experience went, she was absolutely right. It was going to be a marvel if the kid was able to control his whining long enough to continue his family line. However, he supposed it was possible that the world would be better off if the line fell out.

“Merlin… so long as that’s not what he gets off on during sextytimes…”

Maz Cowan

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Killian Travers
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 07:27 PM

The queue to the cider stall wasn’t very long, or rather there didn’t appear to be much of a queue at all but more of a flowing cluster of customers trickling around the stall in a seemingly mobocratic manner where service depended entirely on one’s ability to gain the ardent seller’s attention, and the flashing of coins, of course.
Pushing through the crowd Killian fished up enough coins from the back pocket of his jeans which he meant to exchange for three bottles. As he reached out to hand the money to the seller another eager punter - a big, ungraceful bloke - bulldozed his way ahead of Killian who had to take take a step back to avoid getting knocked over. Whilst successfully dodging one eager customer Killian accidentally stepped into the path of another customer’s unexpected turn.

“Oh! Pard-” Killian meant to excuse himself, as you do, until he realised who it was. “...[i]You[i/].”

It struck him as weird, even a bit rude, for her to call him by his given name. They weren’t exactly on friendly terms. Yet, it felt oddly familiar somehow, he just couldn’t put his finger on it. He frowned at her, annoyed and puzzled at the same time, though the annoyance quickly took the helm when he realised their sudden collision had caused his money to slip through his grasp and scattered on the ground.

“For fuck sake, Rowle.” He groaned. It was only about three galleons worth of coins and not really worth retrieving, particularly not since he’d have to search the snow covered ground busy with trampling feet and risk getting his fingers crushed by someone’s shoes. But he supposed he might as well seize the opportunity to blame her. “Watch where you’re going. I lost my money now thanks to you!”

Apollymi Rowle

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Levi Mitchell
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 08:24 PM

Someone approaching him certainly hadn’t been what Levi wanted but he couldn’t let that show. He couldn’t make it clear that people should just leave him well enough alone. It was stupid really for him to put himself down for this work. He had thought it would take his mind off his troubles and been wrong. Now he had the added pressure of properly dealing with people.

“Yeah… thanks.” He couldn’t fake much enthusiasm and he didn’t even want to.

“Sometimes panic takes over mother’s.” Levi informed the man having seen it many times. “I doubt she was expecting a burst of accidental magic today.” He wondered if any parents ever did, even those who already knew of the magical world.

“It’s the job.” He finished with a shrug. That’s all he’d been doing - his job.

He had to do it again as he caught sight of a young man standing much too close to a woman’s handbag shooting glances all over the place. Really he may as well have had a sign proclaiming to be the thief he obviously was. Levi sighed when his hand reached into the handbag.

He was so close Levi didn’t even have to take a full step for his hand to reach the potential thief’s shoulder. With it there he gripped none too gently and turned the man around walking him closer on the way. “Stay put.” He was told sternly as Levi pulled a notepad and pen from his robes. He scribbled a quick note and held it to the man. “Take it.” He did without argument, something in Levi’s blank expression and tone making him wary. Levi stowed the pad and pen away before bringing a covered object from his pocket.

“When I tell you to you will take this portkey. You will be transported to a cell in the Ministry. There you will be met by the booking officer and you will give her that note detailing your crime. Depending on your previous crimes and how well you handle yourself you could be home this evening. In other words play nice or time will drag on for you. Understand?”

The young man - early twenties Levi judged - nodded once. “Take the portkey.” Levi said as he uncovered the tennis ball. The thief did and soon he was gone leaving Levi to turn back to Jon. “I’m sorry, Sir. Did you require my assistance with something?”

Jonathan Hale

--------------------
[user posted image
OWL
^
Drucilla Selwyn
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 09:02 PM

Drucilla was enjoying the day so far so long as she didn’t check up on her stall. She’d done it twice now and each time had been a big mistake. Her friends it seemed were more interested in joking around than actually making some money. Any other day Drucilla would have had words with them but not that day. It would only descend into a loud disagreement between them. She didn’t have the time for that and she didn’t want the day tainted by that image.

Having walked the street once again chatting to people here and there Drucilla was more than ready for some time off her feet. She bought herself a hot chocolate and set off towards a bench she’d seen empty only moments before. It didn’t matter even if it wasn’t empty, she would shift people if she had to.

The group that surrounded her as she moved was irksome. She only needed a moment, just a little break. Then an opportunity presented itself in the form of Arthur Weasley.

“Hello there, Arthur.” She greeted him loudly with a welcoming smile. Some people left the general area after taking one look at the man. Drucilla rolled her eyes. “Ignore them.” She told Arthur quietly when she was by his side.

After thanking the others she took her leave of them stating that as Arthur had been such a help to her she really did have some things that just must be discussed.

“Come. I need to sit down.” Drucilla didn’t like to admit so out loud seeing it as a sign of weakness but she had quickly decided that with Arthur beside her she had a better chance of actually getting a bit of a rest. Plus, she would quite like to catch up with the man. He was one of her little projects but she was warming to him too.

She led the way to the bench and sat down gently, letting out a happy sigh as she did. “Thank you. I thought I would never make my escape from them.” She spoke not too loudly, she didn’t want any others to hear.

“It’s good to see you here today.” Drucilla spoke truthfully and smiled lightly. “I’m happy that you could come.” She took a sip from her mug - a proper mug and not one of those silly paper ones. The hot chocolate hit the spot and again she sighed happily as it did it’s job of heating her up. The lights were lovely and the clever warming charm was ingenious but Drucilla felt the cold more than most on the street.

“What do you think of it truly? Is it too much? Could it be better?”

Arthur Weasley

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Hogsmeade | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 ... Last »
Complete
New Poll