Cryptic Conjuring -> Don't Go Out At Night
It is May 2077.
High temps reach 14°C while the lows stay nice at 7°C. Day begins at 5.30am and ends with sunset at 9pm. Rain is an almost constant with dry days being mostly clouded over.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
House Points
G
H

R
S
Board Stats
M F
Adults 19 12
University 3 1
Hogwarts 14 12

Hogwarts
First Years 0
Second Years 1
Third Years 1
Fourth Years 5
Fifth Years 4
Sixth Years 11
Seventh Years 4

Hogwarts Houses
Gryffindors 7
Hufflepuffs 6
Ravenclaws 5
Slytherins 8

University
First Years 2
Second Years 2
Third Years 0
Fourth Years 0

Blood Status
Purebloods 22
Halfbloods 20
Muggleborns 12
Unknown 2
Squibs 1
Vampires 1
Veelas 4
Fey 1
Werewolves 0
Changeling 0
Social Media

Tumblr

Rating

Click for Explanation
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Don't Go Out At Night
Pavon B Sannesley
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 04:40 AM

"Well... I know as much as you." He actually knew less as the big man had not complained to him, when he got payment. not that he remembered anyway. He sighed. She would not drop it would she. "I did tell him that he was going to be taken care by you but that he should act as a gentleman... and keep his eyes wherever else should any of you girls be doing anything that he should not see. I thought he heeded my words." He looked at her with a frown. "You know I could not have told you what he was, if for no other reason than the one, that you would have become my accomplice in this. You would have gone and been in trouble as much as I, if you had known and willingly kept the feline hidden in your dorm." He leaned back a little, his eyes halting on the ceiling then skimming across the room, rather in haste, where the appliances could be seen. So many muggle things in here that they did make him a little uncomfortable. With some horror he realised he could recognise some of them, would have been able to list their uses even if not turn them on. Blasted Muggle Studies and the need to at least pass.

"Did you ever ask me to do something for you? I've offered to help you with potions and with transfiguration. Teach you so that you'd not end up dead because of doing something wrong. But that's what I can do, I can't help you with something I haven't got a skill in." He answered yet again regretting he'd asked anything of her at all. Clearly she was upset and for something he meant no insult with. And then she complained that he would overreact on things! She was no better.

"If you asked me to brew that for you and I knew that you couldn't. Then I'd do it. I would not feel offended or slighted because I'd know that while I may have a skill far surpassing a simple potion for boils, you cannot make anything even simpler as that." Which was all hypothetical because he knew Maz was able to make potions , well.... enough anyway. "You've made it clear you don't want to give me the world with your talent... you made it clear that you don't want to give me anything with it." He studied her thoughtfully. "So what's your problem? I've dropped it now. You need not do anything. Happy?"

He glanced at the time again. The big man would probably not be back any time soon and he had to leave before night turned into day. He did have everything he needed and more.

Maz Cowan

--------------------
-http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m579/Patches_the_shipcat/pavonbannerrrounded_zpszcdmsiuo.png-
OWL
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 07:00 PM

“Ye never know as much as me.” The girl grinned as she scoffed. “Naw, see, that’s where ye’re wrang. Ye could huv told me an’ took the chance eh me sayin’ naw cause ah didnae want involved. If yer gettin’ somebody caught up in a crime the least ye dae is fill them in. Just good manners that really.”

Maz watched with amusement as his eyes travelled the room. She knew it must be weird for him and people like him. The muggle world was so different to theirs, so much more advanced. Maz was always glad she just flitting between them.

“If ye huv tae ask then ye should know the answer.” Maz answered his question. “An’ an offer is nuhin like askin’. Ah dinnae need help way potions or transfiguration cause ah dinnae give a f**k aboot potions or transfiguration.”

“Well yer a bigger person than ah am, obviously.” She responded sarcastically. His arguments nothing to her. “Overjoyed.” Her voice was flat now.

As she washed the dishes she spoke again. “Ah dae stuff way it. Ah tell people stuff that’ll help them. They never listen. Jist like you didnae listen either so ah dinnae see the point eh the faith in it noo.” She shrugged, finishing off the last dish and placing it on the drainer.

She turned back to him with just the hint of a smile. “Nobody believes in seers until they need wan.”

Pavon B Sannesley

--------------------
user posted image
-Mega thanks to Court for the set-
OWL
^
Pavon B Sannesley
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 06:18 AM

"...Well it's all water under the bridge now. It happened and it can't be changed." He'd not ask her for such help again anyway. She would be fine to not need to worry about it. With the mood turning sour and with his tolerance of all muggle reaching breaking point he stood. "...Well.. thank you for the food." He said and began to get his robes back over his shoulders, fastening them closed at the front. He wrapped his scarf around his neck again and pulled up the hood.

"If you could drop me off somewhere, from where I could get home easier, I would be grateful." He did not know what his current whereabouts were and he was not yet capable of apparating wherever. Not yet, once he learned it, he would certainly change the usual mode of transportation. He hesitated a moment and looked at her. "I believed in you.....but that is obviously not enough. At least I would not have been friends with someone who'd have been unpleasant towards you. Of course, this is where we are different too." She was all over Aiden, he was not blind. She knew his attitude forwards that boy, his opinion and experience with him. Still it was clearly entirely unimportant to her.

With himself fully dressed he waited for her to give him a head start so that he could return home before somebody noticed where he'd been.

Maz Cowan

--------------------
-http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m579/Patches_the_shipcat/pavonbannerrrounded_zpszcdmsiuo.png-
OWL
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 11:55 AM

“Until ah get mah hands oan a time-turner at least.” She was joking but it was hard to tell. As if she’d waste her time going back to stop Pavon’s brother seeing her boobs. It was her opinion that she had nothing to be ashamed of - she had nice boobs.

Like him Maz started to get herself ready to take Pavon home, or as close to it as anti-apparition charms would allow. She tucked her hair down her jumper and put her hat on before lifting her scarf. “Yer welcome. Saves it goin’ eh waste.” She really had made too much, a whole pot of the stuff when she was the only person in the house, even with Parker popping in occasionally it was much too much. Jen had an elderly neighbour not too far along the road so maybe Maz would probably hand some stew into him.

Busying herself getting ready she didn’t respond to Pavon’s request. Of course she was going to take him closer to home. She wouldn’t apparate him away to a strange place and then leave him to make his own way, she only did that to Jen. That was only when she was really bored or Jen had been really annoying.

Maz laughed at his claim. It just burst from her without her even realising it was coming. “Naw naw naw.” She shook her head laughing still. “Dinnae you go tryin’ eh rewrite history here. Ah seem eh remember warnin’ ye aff goin’ ootside the castle wan night an’ then later huvin’ eh save yer arse when ye did exactly whit ah warned ye against. If that’s whit you class as believin’ ah really dae ‘hink that ye dinnae know whit the word means.” The girl rolled her eyes. “Ran aw through the forest away fae a werewolf cause you believed in me.”

Al traces of humour left her when he brought up her friends. A scowl changed her face. “Point one - yer wrang again, jist aboot every pureblood in that school has bin unpleasant tae me. So unless yer pals way naeb’dy but Tim an’ Amber then ye’ve been friendly way someone who wisnae nice tae me.” On the last four words she took on an overly whining tone, showing her contempt for such a stupid thought. Why should she base her friendships on how people treated others? “Point two - Ah dae whit ah want when ah want an’ way who ah want an’ nothin’, nothing gies you tae right tae even begin tae ‘hink ye kin cast any friendship ah may or may not have up in mah f**ckin’ face. Point three - Get the f**kin’ bus yah absolute wanker.”

With that Maz pulled off her scarf, hat and gloves. Instead of walking to the back door they’d entered through she walked through to the living room. A room filled with even more muggle stuff. After throwing herself on the couch and finding the remote she turned the TV in the corner on and began flicking through channels. “Stoaps right ootside the front gate.” She told Pavon. “Safe journey.”

It was his own fault. She had been all set to take him home but acting like he had any kind of say in who she spent her time with was a step that was much too far.

Pavon B Sannesley

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Pavon B Sannesley
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 05:22 PM

Pavon stared at Maz when she decided that she would not take him home after all. And all because he thought to speak his mind about that one friend that he had a strong enough beef with and yet she relished in hanging out with day or night. Fine, he was going to find his own way home and it would not be by bus.

He turned to the door, didn't even follow her to the living room, didn't say anything, let alone a good bye. Instead he walked out and into the street there and he kept on walking, pulling his robes tighter around himself. He had no idea which direction he was supposed to go, had little idea how far he was from home other than, apparently, it was a bus ride distance. He did not care. He was angry. He was not feeling well, but that did not matter. Maz was being a wanker herself. There was being put in a hospital wing , ratted on, .. and then was just not being all that friendly to. She knew he didn't even have that many friends, and those he did were polite society enough even if they did not fancy her. She was selfish, he decided. Selfish and did not really grasp the concept of actual friendship.

he continued walking feeling the chill and ignoring it. Perhaps if he walked long enough he would come across some ... some something. He was not going back. He needed to find a way to contact his brother. He was probably the only one who'd have not told his parents where he had been, but would come and fetch him. Now, if only his owl had been there. She could have been sent to fetch him!

He kept on walking although his pace had somewhat slowed down.

Maz Cowan

--------------------
OWL
^
Clyde Parker
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 05:10 PM

It wasn’t like Clyde to be finished with his fun so quickly and that was right, he wasn’t finished. He had paused, a break just long enough to pop back to Jen’s and get the keys to his trunk. They must have slipped from his pocket at some point and he hadn’t noticed because there was rarely a need for them.

As always he apparated just outside the village nearest to the house and started his walk along the curving path back to it. So late at night he was the only person afoot, not even a car sped by. It was peaceful, quiet and Clyde quite enjoyed it. Of course he would always prefer cities where there was life and noise constantly but a break was often welcome.

On his approach he saw a figure walking towards him, away from the lit house. It wasn’t Maz he knew that because he could spot her walk. Quite a distinctive walk he felt, forceful yet with some amount of grace to it. As he and the figure lessened the gap he soon knew who it was. The Sannesley boy. Clyde frowned, what was the boy doing walking away from the house? What had gone on?

His pace quickened and soon he was right there standing in front of Pavon. “What happened? Where’s Maz?” As ever his words were gruff and no more than he needed to speak. He glanced at the house not too far along from where they stood, nothing about screamed it trouble but he found it strange the girl was not at the door seeing off her friend.

Pavon B Sannesley

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Courtney for the set
OWL
^
Pavon B Sannesley
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 05:14 AM

He had not expected to meet anyone in the street and he had certainly not thought that Cylde would have come walking instead of apparating somewhere near the house. When the large frame stopped in his path he had to stop as well. He could have tried to brush past him but the cool air had cooled him down at least enough that he would not be haughty right at him too. At the question he paused then shrugged.

"She's in the house. She told me I should 'catch a bus' back home...I'm walking." He answered his hands curled into fists in the pockets of his coat. ".....how much... would it cost, if you could take me there?" He asked quietly. This man was his only hope on getting home before morning. He had helped before, enough times to feel like he owed him. He sighed. He was tired and he needed to take that potion soon and he could feel the start of the unpleasantness that accompanied his condition. He wondered if stress made it worse.

He breathed in a bit more deeply and averted his gaze. If Clyde decided to help, he'd have been grateful, if not, he would need to continue. Yes, he was a bit afraid of going there all alone, in the dark of the night, without any good idea where he was supposed to go and in a place where muggles were a normal thing. What if one of them also chose to be out at night and decided he wanted to be a handful. He could not use magic against them or he'd be in far greater trouble than the other. And if a werewolf chose to appear, what then.

Clyde Parker

--------------------
OWL
^
Clyde Parker
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 10:41 AM

“You’re walking? From Scotland?” Inside Clyde was laughing, he didn’t laugh out loud often. “Of course you are.” The stupidity of children, was there anything worse? Clyde thought not.

“I’ll take you home, no charge.” He told Pavon but not because he was being nice but because it suited him. The last thing he needed was for some pureblood to get hurt or worse this close to Jen’s house. A house that though a child attending Hogwarts lived in it went largely unnoticed by the authorities thanks to the squib who also resided there.

“I need my keys. Come on.” Clyde walked on, towards the house again. When Pavon didn’t follow he stopped and glanced back at the boy. “I wouldn’t stay out here. That’s a tough working class town there.” He looked over the boys head towards the lights of the town not too far in the distance. “Full of nasty muggles”

Clyde didn’t care either way what blood flowed through a person’s veins, or out of it for that matter. Again, reminding the boy of the horrible muggles so close to them suited him.

He walked on again and into the house leaving the front door open. Taking the first door on his right he entered the living room where Maz still lay on the couch. The remote discarded, wrestling on the TV and her arms crossed over her chest.

“You can’t leave a pureblood to get the bus, Maz. It doesn’t even stop outside.” There was no scolding to his tone, it wasn’t his place to scold anyone. Knowing the mood she was most likely in Clyde didn’t bother asking the girl to move. He simply grabbed a fistful of her jumper at the stomach and lifted. Up she came and he chuckled inwardly at her unchanged huffy stance before placing her on the floor.

“Keys fell out my pocket.” He told her already removing cushions from the couch. He only ever sat on the couch in Jen’s house. It was a large one and comfier than the much smaller looking chairs.

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 10:41 AM

Having found the wrestling on the television Maz settled in to watch. There was no way she was going after Pavon. Let him see how he got when she didn’t jump in to help him. Ungrateful bastard that he was.

Hearing the front door open didn’t move her. Ift should have since she wasn’t expecting anyone but she was fast. If it was someone with plans against her she’d be up and fighting quick enough. Although why anyone would be coming after her during the winter break at Jen’s she’d never know. The loud booted steps sounding on the wooden floor of the hall alerted her to the visitor’s identity. Parker and his long, clunking strides.

“Duh! The Knight Bus, stoaps wherever ye throw oot yer wand arm.” Was she the only magical person in the room then? Seemed like it since the other two thought only of muggle buses. And there was Pavon, a supposed pureblood too.

There was no reaction from the girl to being lifted. It had happened before, usually when she was huffing because of Jen and Clyde needed past her. He always simply lifted her out the way and except for the first time it happened Maz had never uttered a word about it.

As soon as he said his keys had fallen Maz was up onto her knees and back at the couch helping look. “Thought ye wur gaunae git zips?” It had been what he’d said after the last time Jen’s couch had seemed to eat something of his. All the cushions were thrown to the floor and having the slimmer hands it was up to Maz to feel around the back and sides.

“Tenner! Jammin’!” She grinned holding up the muggle ten pound note. “Sweeties fur me the morra.” The note was waved temptingly under Parker’s nose, the girl smiling that cheeky smile the whole time before closing her fist around it. “Finders keepers.” It wouldn’t be his anyway, Clyde rarely carried money since he was so adept at mooching.

Pavon B Sannesley

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Pavon B Sannesley
 Posted: Mar 25 2018, 08:49 AM

Pavon had hurried after Clyde if only because he warned them about muggles and he believed him when he said that they were a nasty lot. But when they reached the door of Maz's home, he still stood just inside, going no further. Here he thought they would not dare to come and he was still upset with Maz and was not about to beg her to help him get home. He had nodded to Clyde at the offer to take him home, and mouthed a thank you. The big brute was trustworthy enough and he had worked with him before, so he knew that he would not drop him off somewhere even more dangerous than here.

He listened to them, talking inside. In his haughtiness he had not thought of that bus, but then even the one needed payment and he hadn't exactly money on his person. At home maybe, but they'd have seen the bus, if he came up to the doors to get the money, and if he hadn't, then he would have no means to pay. He leaned against the wall and gazed up, waiting patiently. It sounded as if Maz was hoisted up while the bigger man looked for his keys. He studied his palm. If they needed them, could they not accio them? He had half a mind to suggest it but then, since he refused to talk with Maz, he was not so sure he wanted to peer inside.

He did after a short while, peering at Clyde, as if Maz was not even there. "Can you use your wand?... " He asked. "Accio... should do it."Clyde had the permission to use magic anyway, so if anybody, he would be the best choice to try and have his keys flying right at him. His eyes never turned towards Maz, level only on Clyde.

Maz Cowan

--------------------
OWL
^
Clyde Parker
 Posted: Mar 27 2018, 03:58 PM

Clyde’s only response to Maz’s naming the bus she had meant was a shrug. He never took The Knight Bus, hadn’t for a long time. Years now he thought of it since the last time he’d still been in school and had been dragged along shopping with his mother.

The man was quietly amused at her show of finding the ten pounds. He would put a bet on her buying a takeaway tomorrow if he happened to stop by.

“Could.” He responded simply to Pavon. They wouldn’t though. Clyde and Maz had both lived in the muggle world for the majority of their lives and were in the habit of not looking for a magical solution first. It helped with keeping the secret of their world.

He turned to Maz again just as she proclaimed she’d found them. Keys in his hand he looked them over, making sure they were his because it really was true that everything got lost in Jen’s couch. He helped Maz put the cushions back after stowing the keys in an inside pocket where they should stay until he was using them.

“You okay?” He asked the girl in a quiet mumble when she stood. Her grin was answer enough, he didn’t need the glance she threw at the TV or the quirked brow. “You do realise that’s all steroids so not real?” He asked a question he’d asked many times before but as always expected an all new answer to it. He guessed he’d ask until she ran out of material.

“Lock the door.” Clyde said as he walked out of the living room. He didn’t bother telling the boy to follow, he should know that’s what he was expected to do. Without speaking a word he walked out of the garden and stopped just beyond the gate. When Pavon was beside him he placed a hand on the boys shoulder and gripped. As he turned he thought only of the home he knew the Sannesley family resided in.

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Mar 27 2018, 03:59 PM

“Goat them!” Maz told Clyde after he’d answered Pavon. “Just a minute.” She stretched her hand as far as it would go and snatched up the keys which she handed off to Clyde.

Though she wanted to shake her head at him even asking her Maz didn’t, “Mmmhmm, aye.” she muttered quietly while grinning at the TV. “Ye dae realise how irrelevant that point is tae me?” She countered. “Am only lookin’. That’s like if you wur lookin’ at some woman an’ ah wiz aw ‘Oh ye dae know they tit’s are fake right?’. Doesn’t matter a jot.”

They fixed the cushions and as Clyde was leaving the room Maz was already getting settled back on the couch. It amused her that Pavon had not glanced her way once since he re-entered the room. Sure it was trying too hard but funny in it’s way.

“You lock it!” she shouted after Clyde. “Ye’ve goat a key… and a wand.” She wasn’t getting up. Not again. She was going to lie there on the couch, watch some TV and probably fall asleep. Sounded like a fine end to the evening.

Pavon B Sannesley

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Pavon B Sannesley
 Posted: Mar 30 2018, 05:56 AM

Pavon followed after Clyde even if he was not told to, and stopped at his side once the larger man did. He did not move when a hand was placed on his shoulder, just looked up. Then he closed his eyes, prepared to be transported to somewhere near to his house so that he could enter it without being seen. He had thought about how he and Maz had gotten into yet another argument. Well things like that happened, and she was a stubborn brat too.

He curled his hands into fists. At least what he had come to do back in the Knockturn, had been finished and he was able to rest easy and face another day. If he claimed he was not tired, he would have been lying. he was quite exhausted in fact. A nice warm bed, that's what he was looking for and what he needed. "....Thank you for taking me home. " He did say to Clyde and he meant it. He was willing to pay, if the man wanted it, though he had said he'd do it for free. He wondered if that meant he'd owe him. Well, to some extent he was willing to return a favour. He'd been doing favours or owing favours enough up till that point. He sighed.

Well, time to go home.

Clyde Parker

--------------------
OWL
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Knockturn Alley | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse