Two Year Anniversary!

April 2017 Featured RPG

July Featured RPG

November Featured RPG

Cryptic Conjuring -> Ticking The Boxes
It is June 2076. The sun is sticking around and with it the early rises and late sunsets. This month has highs of 15°C and lows of 7°C. Rain becomes rarer while one or two thunderstorms will occur. High pollen count and high humidity start to become issues.

A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Rating

Click for Explanation
Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
Amber
Global Admin

Maz
Plot Admin

Tim
General Admin

G
Admin's Little Helper
Social Media

Tumblr

House Points
Gryffindor

Hufflepuff

Ravenclaw

Slytherin

Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Board Stats
Adults
Male 14
Female 10
Non-binary 0

University
Male 2
Female 2
Non-binary 0

Hogwarts
Male 7
Female 14
Non-binary 0

First Years
Second Years
Third Years
Fourth Years
Fifth Years
Sixth Years
Seventh Years

Blood Status
Pureblood 13
Halfblood 22
Muggleborn 10
Unknown 1
Squib 1

Creatures
Banshees 0
Centaurs 0
Faeries 0
Giants (part) 0
Goblins 0
House Elves 0
Vampires 1
Veela 4
Werewolves 1
Memories
Looking Back

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Ticking The Boxes, Penelope and Pavon
Penelope Montague-Farnese
 Posted: Sep 26 2016, 06:42 PM

6th year

Group Icon

Plotter

Galleons: 790
Member Inventory: View

Penelope wondered what could possibly take up so much of his time that he was unable to do much exploring of his new home. Strange kind of prioritising if you asked her, but then again exploring old houses was her favourite thing to do when she wasn’t reading.
She nodded when he mentioned a boggart. It was indeed the last thing you’d ever want to find apart from maybe some nasty boobytrap of course. Luckily she’d never had the misfortune of encountering either of those during her many explorations. Touch wood. “Good thing your friend was there to save you then.” She teased. “What shape does your boggart take anyway?”

She found it peculiar that his brother would know of several secrets in a house they’d only recently acquired, when his brother had supposedly been on the run for five years… But Penelope also enjoyed letting her imagination run a bit wild, particularly if the circumstances seemed a bit suspicious.
“Do you think he will get the dementor’s kiss if they ever catch him?” She wondered, perhaps a little tactlessly so considering she was talking about his brother. “I’ve heard it’s worse than death.”
Not having any siblings herself, she couldn’t really imagine what it must be like having one, let alone having one on the run from the law. And she was quite glad for it. Having siblings seemed tedious. The idea of having to share her parents’ attention with someone else… She didn’t like to share. At all.
“I think I would too.” She answered about enjoying his brother’s company, smiling. If he was an outlaw, allegedly, but still, and a gentleman at that, he must be an interesting man indeed. The stories he could tell of his adventures… “Is he much older?”

When Pavon stood she did the same, half-hoping he’d take her inside to show her some of the secret rooms or hidden passages he had found. This hope was quickly replaced however by a renewed excitement for the mysterious chamber.
“You mean the tongue?” She glanced up at him, grinning connivingly. “You do realise that means you can open it too, don’t you?”
Surely he must have realised this before. Suddenly it didn’t matter to her so much that the chamber wasn’t so secret anymore, and that whatever was down there was probably long gone, because this mean entry to this place was still restricted… Only a selective few could open it and here he was in possession of the key. “We could go in there!”

She glanced at the brooms at his suggestion. “I don’t particularly like flying.” And that was an understatement. “But you can go if you want… I don’t mind.”

Pavon B Sannesley

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Pavon B Sannesley
 Posted: Sep 27 2016, 05:17 AM

6th year

Group Icon

Plotter

Galleons: 695

Pavon arched a brow at the question. Did she really think he would tell her. "What kind of form does your boggart take?" He asked her in return, expecting no answer. The greatest fear was not something you told about to anyone, not even if they were a friend. "She wasn't there to save me.. I saved us both." He added sounding indignant that she should suggest that he needed saving. He did not dwell on it for long though as it was a tease and he decided that she would have taken greater pleasure from it if he felt offended.

He stared at her though not too long after when her question was, to say the least, tactless. Who would ask another whether their brother was to get a dementor's kiss and then speculate about how bad that would feel. "..For .... "He took a deep breath and shook his head. ".....If he is caught there is a strong possibility that they will want to do that to him." He couldn't say it, because saying it would have made it so much more probable. ".. since three people are allegedly dead because of him and because they'll want to scare the rest of the pureblood population I can't see that they'd do anything else. I told you... I don't have a faith in them actually giving him a fair trial at all!" He folded his hands over his chest at the mere thought of a kiss delivered by such a dark creature. "....It is...they suck the happyness out of you first and then... your life, I guess. I've never been witness to it and don't ever want to be. If you are really interested there's enough books that talk about them and there's the history of the place that probably gives you all the dark details about what went on there."

He was glad that they would discuss something else, because the longer he thought about it, the more aware he was that if he was ever to be tried as an adult for helping a fugitive remain free, he might as well join his brother in that place. He is about 10 years older than me." He answered with a nod. "Well ... lets hope the situation changes soon. I want him back. He is the rightful heir of our estates and my parents as well as I miss him."

He saw her excitement at the thought that they could have the key to enter the secret chamber. He did not know what they did to it. It was as much a plumbing system as it was a chamber. When the last renovations happened they could have sealed it entirely or they could have left it. Now that nobody was in there it was quite harmless, if wet. They probably also removed anything left of the basilisk and sold its bones to fund some further renovation too. An ancient creature such as it was, would be worth a great deal, even dead. He scowled. "Yes.. I guess I know it, but I'm not sure it would be the best idea of me to try. What if there is somebody who sees it? The whole school will know! And that is hardly the thing you want to be famous for."

Yes, he was also tempted, but then he worried that Morrigan would see him open it. The professor was as good as a stalker, surely! He studied her when she said she'd prefer not to fly. He was perhaps eager to test his brooms, but he was also a good host and a gentleman and could not just indulge in his fantasies and fun, without the lady having some as well. He'd fly the brooms once she and her mother were gone. "Alright. Nevermind then." He turned towards the house. "I think we could avoid going back to our parents for a little while longer. What do you think?"

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
 Posted: Nov 8 2016, 08:42 AM

6th year

Group Icon

Plotter

Galleons: 790

Penelope smiled a little at his arched brow. “I asked you first.” She persisted and crossed her arms over her chest. It didn’t surprise her though, that he would dodge her question by deflecting it. It had been a blunt question, she knew, and honestly she hadn’t actually expected him to answer either. She was no less curious though, and it did irk her just ever so slightly that she wasn’t going to find out.
Well. At least not today. But she was going to find out one way or another, of that she was certain…
“But, it’s of not matter. Don’t tell me. I don’t care.” She said pouting, pretending she was a little more sullen than she actually was.
Her pretend-pout lasted only briefly however, and was replaced by a grin curling at the corners of her mouth at his not needing saving by his friend but rather that he had saved them both. She said nothing but inclined her head in a slight nod of approval.

Penelope had always lacked a certain sense of feeling empathy towards people she did not know very well. She did not know Pavon well enough yet to think of his brother’s situation as anything other than what could very well be an intriguing plot in of her gothic novels. She failed to realise her own heartlessness therefore and she simply regarded him as he spoke.
“It seems Britain is really going to pot.” She remarked. “My mother always speaks so highly of it, though, I suppose, that was of the times before the war... When people knew their places.” She shrugged and offered a smile. “I don’t think your brother is a bad man.”

“A son and heir to a family such as yours simply cannot be bad.” And of this she was of course quite convinced. Between the word of a pureblood and that of the authorities she was much more inclined to believe that of the pureblood. They were superior after all.

Feeling slightly disappointed in his reluctance she shot him a daring smirk. “Where is your sense of adventure, Pavonis?” He had a point though. Speaking snake-speak was hardly something for which one wanted to be known...

She was glad he did not insist on going flying. Whilst their first encounter may not have been one of the most pleasant to say the least, she had to admit he improved much on the second encounter. She was even inclined to think his rather freakish talent to speak parseltongue and the dodgy circumstances surrounding his brother actually made the boy interesting.
She too glanced towards the house, half expecting to find her mother come gliding over to collect her for departure. Pleased to find that she wasn’t she grinned, “What do you have in mind?”

Pavon B Sannesley

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Pavon B Sannesley
 Posted: Nov 28 2016, 07:30 AM

6th year

Group Icon

Plotter

Galleons: 695

"Pout all you will, I will not tell." And he spoke that with a sense of finality. She could pretend not to want to know, she could sulk and she could pout, she could even throw a tantrum and the Slytherin would keep his mouth shut about that secret. She already knew one secret too many about him.

He inclined his head when she dropped the subject and also as she said that Britain was going in a direction that was...well.. to pot. "Indeed. Before the war, or so I've heard it be told, the wizarding world was good. Much better than now. Much fairer and more proper. But after... it seems that muggles get their filthy hands into anything. Muggleborns abuse the power they have managed to obtain. But you know that already. You have an estate you want returning too , do you not?...It's gotten that bad."

A small smile appeared as he nodded to agree that his brother was indeed not a bad man at all. "You are correct." As was the same for his family, who was unfortunate at best, but not bad. "Lets hope and strive towards changing this all again before it is too late and there is not a single of us left. I would hate to consider myself as the last of the dying breed. We need more purebloods to stick to their own as well... so much...of what is happening now is merely diluting what was once great."

"Right where detention begins... if not a fancy trip to Azkaban." He answered with a scowl. "Tell you what. We will lie low for a while. If.. I feel that it is safe to try, then we can go ahead and do so. Deal? I need professor Morrigan and his cronie the Headmaster to divert their attention elsewhere. I may sound paranoid but... I feel that they do have me tracked.. somehow. Someway. It is just unreasonable to believe anything otherwise."

He grinned at the thought of what they could do after all." Well... there is a place for adventure, or part of it. It may not be as exciting to you but if you want, we can go and have a look. Mind, it is only one of the many secrets of my home here so choosing to show it to you won't mean you've seen it all. But... the question is. Would you like to go? It may be a bit dusty down there, with a few cobwebs more than might be to your liking, and dark. Very dark."

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse