Cryptic Conjuring -> Just A Check Up.
It is May 2077.
High temps reach 14°C while the lows stay nice at 7°C. Day begins at 5.30am and ends with sunset at 9pm. Rain is an almost constant with dry days being mostly clouded over.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
House Points
G
H

R
S
Board Stats
M F
Adults 19 12
University 3 1
Hogwarts 14 12

Hogwarts
First Years 0
Second Years 1
Third Years 1
Fourth Years 5
Fifth Years 4
Sixth Years 11
Seventh Years 4

Hogwarts Houses
Gryffindors 7
Hufflepuffs 6
Ravenclaws 5
Slytherins 8

University
First Years 2
Second Years 2
Third Years 0
Fourth Years 0

Blood Status
Purebloods 22
Halfbloods 20
Muggleborns 12
Unknown 2
Squibs 1
Vampires 1
Veelas 4
Fey 1
Werewolves 0
Changeling 0
Social Media

Tumblr

Rating

Click for Explanation
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Complete
New Poll

Just A Check Up., Cassie.
Remington woods
 Posted: Jun 29 2017, 05:13 PM

It had been a long time since Remington could honestly say he was back in London. Sure he had been here for a day or a couple of days in the passed months but nothing enough m to actually call being back. More like he was visiting before he was off with the team to their next destination. Even on a team what wasn't normally on the top five of all of Europe they were still non-stop traveling it seemed but he finally had some time to actually be back in London as he thought of it.

Aside from the obvious of stoping by his flat and making sure dust and other creatures hadn't totally taken it over. There was just one place he really wanted to stop by, everything else could wait till another day. After a second of looking in the mirror and deciding that the jeans and gray shirt were enough he apperated to where he was going. With a stagger forward and an ache in his stomach he was there. Apparition always upset his stomach just after he was done but it was normally gone soon and if it wasn't he was in the right place as he looked up to the large building of St.Mungo.

Remington walked in and looked around for any information on which way to go. He knew enough from the letters he had received about where the person he was looking for might be but still wasn't totally sure. Finally after a bit of searching and realizing this building was much bigger than he had ever realized he caved and asked someone who worked there. "Excuse me can you help me find some-" Remington got out before being cut off. "Did you lose your memory? You're in the wrong wing let me help you." The Healer said as he pushed him gently in that direction. "No I'm fine I'm just looking for someone who works here."

A few minutes of explaining and a slightly red in the face healer pointed him in the right direction after explaining over and over how memory loss patients somehow kept getting lost and looking for things in other wings of the hospital. Either way it was worth a laugh and he continued on his way till he saw her. It was obvious from the blonde hair that he couldn't forget who it was but she hadn't seen him yet. It seems as though she was busy with papers or something on a desk. So he just walked up and acted like a normal patient would.

"Excuse me miss, I just got back into down and I was wondering if I could get a check up? Quidditch is a difficult sport after all." Remington said with a smirk as he waited for her to look up from what she was doing.

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Cassie Eckloe
 Posted: Jun 29 2017, 06:02 PM

On this day, Cassie was working in the emergency department. She was currently doing triage and hoping that she didn’t make any mistakes. She was pretty sure that the ones she sent back immediately were fine. But what about the ones that had to wait?

She said something to her supervisor about and stood from her seat. She needed some caffeine. Luckily, there would be coffee in the waiting room. As a bonus, she could check on those waiting to make sure that nothing had cropped up while they had been in the room.

After making the rounds in the waiting area, and glad that everyone there was as comfortable as they could get under the circumstances, she went over to the table on the side. She poured about half a cup before adding other things to make the coffee taste palatable. She still hadn’t really developed a liking for that stuff. She saw it as more of a means to an end than anything else.

When she got back to the triage desk, she was asked to file some papers. She gulped down the rest of the disgusting coffee and picked up the many folders. It was a monotonous task that didn’t really require full brain power. That was good because it allowed her to do it quickly and return to the desk.

She nodded as the lady supervising her told her that she would be taking her break. What could happen in ten minutes? Well, a lot could happen, but she could handle it. She had worked triage quite a bit. It wasn’t where she would want to specialize, but she knew she could do it on her own.

And then a voice spoke to her as she was making a few notes on a parchment in front of her. “A check-up?” she repeated. “The wait for that would be quite a…” Her voice trailed off as she looked up. Grinning, she walked around the desk. In the old days, she would have wrapped her arms around him and buried her face in his chest. But this wasn’t back then, and she was at work.

“Are you really here for a check-up?” she asked. When Remington had first broken up with her, she hadn’t understood why. She hadn’t seen in herself what he’d seen. She’d only become convinced that he was truly wanting to stay friends when he kept in touch with her. Now, she understood exactly why he’d done what he did. And the part where she hadn’t even seen him in a year did cement the part where he honestly didn’t have time for a relationship beyond friends.

Remington woods
OWLHowler
^
Remington woods
 Posted: Jun 29 2017, 09:07 PM

Remington would have been lying to himself if didn't expect her to hug him or something like that but that didn't happen. While he was slightly disappointed it was expected. He had broken up with her before all the traveling began and it didn't help that she was at work of all places. Still that thought was in the back of his mind when she just walked around the desk and didn't do anything else. After the break up they had remained friends or from the letters he would assume as much. It was always so much harder to tell what people were actually thinking or feeling from letters but he wasn't worried now seeing that smile on her face.

A small laugh escaped him as she asked him about actually needing a check up. "Oh no. I had one pretty much before and after every Quidditch. They say it's to make sure we're healthy and safe but everyone knows they're looking for charms or any kind of magic people might use to cheat." Remington replied smiling toward Cassie as his attention returned to where he was actually meeting her at for a second.

"I'm not stealing you away from anything am I?" Remington questioned as he looked back toward her desk with some papers. It would only make sense she would be busy, it is a hospital after all and anytime he was at one they never really seemed slow. "I can come back later. I just wanted stop by and see the future greatest healer ever at work." He said with a slight smirk while still meaning what he said. He knew she would be great at something like this. Cassie always genuinely cared about other people which is an important part of being a healer he assumed. "Maybe take her out to lunch if she has time for that."

Cassie Eckloe

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Cassie Eckloe
 Posted: Jun 29 2017, 10:43 PM

“I’m glad to know that your team takes care of its players,” Cassie teased. It was almost surreal to see him there. She knew she’d changed a lot since he’d been gone. She wasn’t the shy girl who was afraid to speak up and would follow him without question anymore. She was still happy to see him though. “Is that a big concern? For people to cast spells on players in order to cheat?” That thought wasn’t a nice one. It was quite scary in fact. What if a player’s hands or legs were spelled numb? They’d fall right off their brooms!

“Oh, I’m not terribly busy right this second,” she replied. “I was just getting some papers in order.” Just then, a healer came out to call for a patient. “Just a moment,” she told Remington. She handed over the correct file and let the healer on call do their job.

“Oh, you’re still so sweet,” she smiled brightly. “I’m not the greatest, though I do hope to be a good one.” She shook her head. “You don’t have to leave. Once my supervisor gets back, it will be my lunch break. I’d love to have lunch with you and catch up.”

No sooner had she said that than the older woman returned. “Is it okay if I take my lunch break?” she asked the lady. Getting a nod in return, she turned to Remington. “Just let me grab my bag.” She went back behind the desk and took a bag from the drawer. “I only have about an hour. Do you want to go to the cafeteria here or did you have somewhere else in mind?”

Remington woods
OWLHowler
^
Remington woods
 Posted: Jun 29 2017, 11:59 PM

Remington laughed as he could hear the tone as she spoke about the check ups before games. It was nice to see her joking and not having that second or two of wondering if it was okay. "Well they kind of have to take care of us. No one wants a team of sickly players, who would want to advertise their brooms with them." He joked back, it wasn't till he was a few games into profession Quidditch did he realize how much advertising was going on. "It won't be long till we're covered in stickers for chocolate frogs and every flavor beans."

"Well it's not so much casting them on other players but people have been caught with charms to stick to their brooms better or have Bludgers not go for them." He explained finding them all silly to use, why play a sport just to cheat to win. It didn't happen often now that everyone is checked so often but people still tried to slip them in.

"It's only sweet if I wasn't being honest, you might not be the greatest yet but I can't imagine you not being the greatest in the future." He said with a smile as he was being sincere before he came up with another joke. "Of course I'd need to know the greatest healer also, who knows the next time I almost get my head taken off." Remington added with a quick laugh making it obvious he was just kidding. Smiling as Cassie said he didn't have to leave and she had lunch coming up he replied. "That'd be great. In the mean time I'll fake a stomach ache so I don't seem out of place." The hospital was probably the only place a healthy person would seem out of place.

Still he didn't have to wait long for Cassie to get her lunch break as her supervisor must have just shown up as Cassie asked her about lunch. Which saved him from the awkwardness of waiting around in a hospital. Nodding as she said she just had to grab her bag he waited for her to return. "An hour? Well I'll try not to take up all of your time." Remington replied playful for a second before moving on to her question about where to go. "What and miss out on from what I hear is almost bearable hospital food?" He didn't have much of an idea for the food here besides every joke about hospital food being not that good.

Cassie Eckloe

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Cassie Eckloe
 Posted: Jun 30 2017, 06:01 PM

Cassie giggled softly and nodded. She couldn’t laugh too loudly in this department. It wasn’t the best place for jokes really. Except for kids. Joking with kids was actually a good thing to help them relax for a bit. “That is true. No one would want to buy a broom that’s safe enough for a pale, shaky quidditch player, I’m sure. Though, considering where I am, I do wish some people would stick to safer brooms.” She did have to wrinkle her nose when he joked about advertising candy. “I would think stickers would distract from your job. Not very smart at all,” she grinned, going along with the joke.

“Have those players ever been tested for an intelligence issue?” She knew that mind healers weren’t very common in the magical world, but she really had no idea if IQ testers or the magical equivalent existed at all. She gave him an appraising glance. “Well, I’m glad to see that you’re all in one piece. You must have learned how to avoid bludgers for the most part.” Either that or the team mediwizard was really good at his job.

“Thank you for thinking so then,” she told him. She really didn’t care if she was ever known as the greatest healer, but she did want to be a really good one, if not a great one. She giggled again. “Well, if you ever need patching up, I’m either here or at University. I don’t seem to go anywhere else.” And wasn’t that the truth? Though, with it being summer and University on a break as well, she did have more free time. The dorms were still open and she liked being there and just visiting her dad, stepmother, and little brother. “You don’t have to fake anything to see me,” she told him. “You never have before, so why start now?” It really was good to see him. She had missed him, even though she had been really hurt at first.

“You can take up as much time as you want,” she replied. “I really have missed you, and for a long time, you were my very best friend. I was sad to lose that, but I’m glad we are still friends.” She blushed just the slightest bit over her admission. In the old days, her face would have been flaming. “Well, the cafeteria food really isn’t bad at all,” she assured him. “So we could go there.” She really didn’t mind. “I will say that the chocolate cake is absolutely to die for,” she smiled.

She led him to the cafeteria and, once they got food, to a table out of the way. Sitting down, she waited for him to take a seat as well. “So, how have you been? Really? Letters just aren’t the same as talking face-to-face.”

Remington woods
OWLHowler
^
Remington woods
 Posted: Jul 1 2017, 12:15 AM

"I don't know about that." Remington replied with a smirk as Cassie wished people used safer brooms more often. He would assume she had seen plenty of accidents involving brooms, it was probably a common injury to see. "I'm sure if people only used the safe ones this place wouldn't be half as busy and you might be out of a job. So in fact your welcome for that." He was just kidding as he was sure even if it kept her busy and got her a job she was a healer and wouldn't actually want. "Not smart but hey if gets me a life time of chocolate frogs I might consider it for a second."

Remington smirked at Cassie comment about the people who cheated. "The problem is the few who do it think they're too smart to get caught. Which is why they do it." It was nice to be joking with Cassie face to face again and he knew he missed it before but now that it was happened it made it all more real how much he missed it. "Yeah after you've been hit once or twice in life you learn to get out of the way pretty quickly when you have the choice."

"Well I'll make sure that I get sent to either of those places in case of an emergency." Remington wasn't surprise to hear she was either here working at the hospital or at the university learning more on healing. Her letters seemed to say just that as well which was better than just following him around from match to match like he assumed she might if they had remained together while he traveled. Even if he wouldn't have minded the personal cheerleader in the crowd. "This is true but I've never stopped you while you were working. I don't want to be taking time away from people who actually need the help."

"As much time as I wanted? Well that's not possible since you said you only had an hour for lunch so I'll take what I can get." Remington just smiled as Cassie explained how she felt about them and being glad to see him again. "So am I, I'm also glad to see you haven't lost that blushing face yet." He said unable to let that slide before continuing, "I'd never not want to be your friend."

As Cassie talked about the food Remington found something funny as she was done. "Well that's an odd think to have in a place where you get healed. Chocolate cake that will kill you, at least if it does I'm in the right place and someone knows cpr or how to bring me back." He replied with a smirk as he proceeded to follow her in what he assumed was the the direction of the cafeteria. Once there he got a few things and of course the killer chocolate cake.

"I've been good, a little hectic with all the running around for awhile but it was good." Remington avoided the topic of missing her and focused on what he had been up to, it didn't seem fair to just come back saying he had missed her over and over when he was the one to break it off even if it was for her own good. "Finally things have quieted down bit, you'd be surprised how dusty a place can get when your not there for weeks or months at a time it feels like. Still enough about me, how've you been? Taking university by storm?"

Cassie Eckloe

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Cassie Eckloe
 Posted: Jul 12 2017, 01:53 PM

“I get what you’re saying, but I can’t stand seeing little kids come in broken because they got hold of a parent’s broom.” Cassie did understand that brooms weren’t inherently dangerous, but she did wish they came with more safety features, especially those kept at home where children lived. “And honestly, I’d rather have no job than have so many people I can only do so much for.” She was lucky. As an intern, she hadn’t been forced to try to treat someone who wouldn’t make it, no matter the skill of the healer.

She was glad he lightened the subject and gave a giggle. “Oh, you and your chocolate frog addiction. Nice to know some things haven’t changed.” Some things may not have, but they, as people, had. How much was still to be determined.

“Well, some people aren’t the brightest bulbs in the box, I guess,” she sighed. “Believe me, I see some of the dumbest stuff here. It can get pretty crazy.” She couldn’t talk about specifics, of course, but she knew he had a good imagination and could probably come up with quite a few situations himself. She didn’t like hearing about him getting hurt though. “Just please, be careful. I do still care about you and I don’t like the idea of you getting injured for a game that, in the long run, doesn’t really mean anything more than a paycheck.” As she wasn’t a huge Quidditch fan, she had no real understanding of why some people thought Quidditch was the main point of existence.

“Not the university,” she corrected. “You really don’t want that. There’s no real way to treat anyone. Coming here, to the hospital, would honestly be your best bet.” Not only was the university not really set up to handle real, true emergencies, but she wouldn’t wish some of her classmates’ version of care on her worst enemy, if she’d had one. “It’s my lunch break,” she reminded him. “You’re not taking me away from anything. Besides, all I was doing was triage. Any idiot could do that, I think.” Okay, so she wouldn’t trust just anyone, but still. Triage was one of the easiest things she’d ever been assigned to do.

“I may only get an hour for lunch, but I’m only scheduled for two more hours afterwards.” Since it was summer, she didn’t have any classes to attend, or any homework to finish. All she had was the job, and they had kept her to the same number of hours that they had when she was in classes. She smiled. “I’m pretty sure that you’ll always be able to make me blush, no matter how long has passed.” It seemed to be one of his talents. She was glad that he always wanted to be friends and said so, right before she hugged him tightly.

“I didn’t say it would kill you. Just that you’d willingly give up your life for just one slice,” she laughed. “But I have definitely learned CPR, but that was in the muggle world. We have spells for that here.” It was almost like old times. He was teasing her, but she was actually teasing back. She hadn’t really had the confidence to tease him much when they had been together.

“I’m glad you’ve enjoyed it. You’ve never wanted to be anything other than a Quidditch player.” She had honestly hated the idea. She’d known somehow that his dreams would get in the way of their relationship. At the time, she hadn’t had any dreams for herself, but, looking back, he really had done her a favor. She had found a dream that she wanted to accomplish. “Actually, I don’t think I’d be surprised a bit. Don’t you know any house-cleaning spells?” Those were some that she’d learned really quickly, not having been used to cleaning up after herself on such a grand scale. “I’ve been well. I’m not taking university by storm in the least. I haven’t really had the time. I run into an old school mate once in a while, but no one I know well has chosen the same field of study, so even that’s far and between.” She shrugged. It didn’t really bother her that she was alone more often now than she had been at school. She just didn’t have the time to worry about it.

“I’d rather hear more about your adventures. They have to be more interesting than classes, homework, work, and sleep,” she joked.

Remington woods
OWLHowler
^
Remington woods
 Posted: Jul 13 2017, 01:27 AM

Remington figured that would be her answer when he talked about fast brooms. It was the obvious healer point of view on the topic and it wasn't like he didn't agree with her nor did he care about the how many fast rooms got sold but he personally would have just shrugged and called it kids being kids. Still he didn't see the accidents she did so she had a reason to be sick of seeing it happening. "I figured you would say that but I was a dumb kid when I was younger and I can tell you if it wasn't brooms it would be something else. At least now I'm just a dumb adult." With a laugh he finished talking, calling himself and adult still sounded weird as he still had spend most of his life thinking himself a kid or teen but he wasn't even a teen now.

Cassie giggled as she commented about his addiction to chocolate frogs. "It's not an addiction if you can just say you're collecting the card and don't want to waste good chocolate. At least that's what I tell myself."

"I would imagine so." Remington replied as Cassie explained how she had seen some pretty stupid people while she was at the hospital and he felt anything he imagined would pale in comparison to what she had to actually deal with. While he did enjoy hearing that she wanted him to stay safe and cared about him he didn't share her idea that Quidditch was just a game. It wasn't the only thing that was important in life, he knew that unlike some players he met but it was far more than a game or just a paycheck. The rush of being in the middle of the match, the crowd cheering or booing everything made it so much more than just a game when you were up there. "Hey I'm still in one piece so far so I'll be fine, it's you I should be worried about. Don't go getting yourself sick from one of your patients. Who knows whose coming in with the next contagious thing."

It had just been a joke but Cassie made sure to tell him to come to the hospital and not the university. He was sure if he was that hurt he probably wouldn't be the one taking himself anywhere. He'd probably just go from being at a match to waking up in St.Mungo. "Something an idiot can do you say?" Remington replied to what she said she had been doing before he had shown up. "So there is a job I can do around here then?" It was just a joke as he was sure it wasn't that easy and he wouldn't want someone just off the street doing anything in a hospital still it was probably just easy because she had been doing it awhile.

"So I assume that's the time you go out and paint the town pink?" He replied with a quick smirk as she talked about how she only had two hours left of work once she was done with lunch. "Well that's good to know, I think I'd be sad if I couldn't get you to blush ever again." After saying how he always wanted to be her friend she hugged him and he hugged her back and smiled. "Honestly I assumed I'd get a hug sooner but you are at work after all." He said teasingly for a second while they hugged before letting her do.

He had figured out what she meant about the cake but still sounded odd to say in a hospital of all places. "Well darn, why do spells have to go and ruin CPR like that." Remington said jokingly as he could imagine the spells were probably far more effective than CPR.

"It would have been a smart idea to learn some before I left the place alone for so long or get one of those charmed brooms that clean while you're gone but I didn't." He said with a small laugh at how both would have been great ideas. While he hadn't been too surprised by how Cassie had been living as she had written him before about what she had been up to but it was another thing to hear it in person. "Yeah but you're at university, I'm sure there is a party somewhere that needs a cute blonde to liven it up some time." Remington replied with a smirk as he also didn't see Cassie just showing up and a random party not knowing anyone but he didn't know how much she much have changed of the year.

"Probably not as interesting as you would imagine." He said with a pause as he was well aware Cassie wasn't big into Quidditch so going into any match details would just have bored her probably. "I did get to go to some pretty cool places. There wasn't much time for sight seeing but at least I was there I guess." This was true it was either practice before the match or the actually match and it was back to traveling else where for a another practice and match. " As expected we didn't win as often as some of the other teams but the ones we did win always had some celebration party that followed." Which of those parties he would say he remembered eighty percent of them.

Cassie Eckloe

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Cassie Eckloe
 Posted: Jul 13 2017, 05:15 PM

“You’re nowhere near dumb,” Cassie told Remington. “If you had been, there is no way I would have ever fallen for you.” It was the closest she’d come to actually mentioning their past relationship, but she tried to play it off just as a statement so things wouldn’t be uncomfortable.

“You’re so weird sometimes,” she shook her head. “Don’t you realize how bad those are for you? Just don’t tell me you still make a meal of them?” If he still did that, she didn’t know what she’d do with him.

“Don’t worry about me. I’m not the one with the dangerous job. We have ways of preventing ourselves from catching contagious diseases.” Or, she thought they must have anyway. She hadn’t really been sent to deal with anything contagious, or even possibly contagious. “I’m more worried about you getting you head bashed in by a bludger.” There was a time that she had no idea what the Quidditch balls were called, but after dating him for a year or two, it was pretty easy now.

“Well, if you want a job, triage can be done with minimal training,” she laughed. “But I wouldn’t have thought you’d be so eager to give up Quidditch?” She knew he was just teasing her, so she could tease back. She could never imagine him giving up the game. Ever. No matter what happened. She was sure he’d have to be forced off the team.

“Paint the town pink?” She wrinkled her nose. “No, usually I just go back to my dorm and read up on things, or even just read for fun. Sometimes, I’ll change it up and go to a café to read,” she joked. She really didn’t want him to know just how boring she was, though she wasn’t sure why. It wasn’t all her fault that she’d lost contact with most everyone she’d known because she was so busy. “You always have been able to make me blush and I don’t see that changing any time soon,” she rolled her eyes playfully. He was her first in a lot of ways, not just her first boyfriend. “Well, I couldn’t exactly hug you at the front desk,” she giggled. “Besides, you always said a hug from me was worth waiting for.” She finished her sentence with a wide grin.

“Because spells are easier to cast and easier on the victim’s body,” she told him. She’d known he wasn’t being totally serious, but she definitely knew the answer to that one, having once asked the question herself.

“Do you need help with housework?” she asked. “I’d be happy to teach you what I know. I mean, I don’t know much, but I guess it’s more than you do.” At least she knew spells for dusting and putting things away. “If there are any parties at the university, I usually don’t hear about them until afterwards, if I hear about them at all. I’m just way too busy to go to anything like that. If I didn’t have my internship, I’d have so much more time, but since I do, I might be able to shave off a year before I’m fully qualified. It’s a trade-off, but it’s worth it.” It was to her anyway. It seemed that not many people agreed.

“No time for sight-seeing?” she repeated. “Now, that’s just sad.” It really was. She couldn’t imagine going to all those different places and not having the time to look around at the area. “Well, your team really isn’t very high on the standings,” she told him, almost apologetically. “I’m sure it’s not your fault, but it is a fact. I’m sure you had to have fun at parties though. You always did like those things.” He liked them a lot more than she did back in school, that was for sure.

Remington woods
OWLHowler
^
Remington woods
 Posted: Jul 14 2017, 10:42 PM

"That's true or I'm just very good at hiding it." Remington replied with a laugh as he had only just been kidding anyway about being dumb. While he was well aware he wasn't the smartest person out there it was also clear that he wasn't the dumbest either which he was fine with. He knew a lot about the things he was interested in and enough about everything else.

"If I wasn't weird I probably wouldn't be half as interesting either." Was his reply as he didn't really see how enjoying chocolate was that weird. "If they are that bad for me than it's a good thing I know a pretty healer to keep me alive." While she asked him if he was still making a meal out of chocolate frogs he just laughed. "Well that depends on what you call a meal." Remington had been kidding, honestly over the past few months his meals had been with his team for almost all of them it seemed.

It was hard to think of Quidditch as dangerous, he was aware it was but he had been playing so long it just didn't feel like it. He'd been hit by pretty much everything the game could hit him with at this point, it was all things he was used too. "At least in Quidditch I know what's going to hit me. You never know what's going to come rushing into the hospital next I think you're the one who needs to be careful. Besides my head is thick enough at this point." He replied joking knocking on his head as if to show how thick it was.

"No I hadn't planned on leaving Quidditch yet but it's always good to have back up plan if I ever do." That or for when he had to actually retire from the sport. He personally didn't know what he would do after Quidditch but that was far away from now and something he felt he didn't need to actually worry about just yet.

"That sure is a lot of reading." He laughed slightly before continuing, "Possibly a bit too much for me at least. I'll have to steal you away from all your precious reading sometime." Still it was good she was staying busy with her future career, not everyone could just jump into a career like he had but in the grand scheme of things a healer was higher than a Quidditch player. That wasn't something he would argue but he didn't play Quidditch just for fame or money, it was something he truly enjoyed. "Yes I did say your hugs were worth waiting for and that hasn't changed one bit but doesn't mean I enjoy the wait either." Remington replied teasing her slightly for a second before they moved on.

"Yes but if I learned those spells then I wouldn't have an excuse for how messy it is even when I haven't been away." He had been kidding of course, while he wasn't a clean freak he never let anything get that bad. This mess had all just been because he was away. "Well I can see your point, getting work experience probably beats an extra year in school even if it does keep you a little too busy from what it sounds like."

"Yeah it was but everything was so crazy I didn't really have time to even think about sight seeing." He replied as he felt he did miss out on a lot but the team insisted on the busy schedule for the sake of getting better which was something they needed. "Even someone who doesn't follow Quidditch knows how bad we are." He said dramatically as he put his head down in shame jokingly. He was well aware of just how bad the team was and had been but still he wanted to change that more than anything.

He lifted his head when he was done kidding and continued talking. "Yeah they were alright, a little too much drinking at times but that's how they celebrated. I preferred the ones where I just embarrassed you half the time." He replied teasingly with a smile as he did enjoy the victory celebrations it was just half the team getting drunk it seemed.

Cassie Eckloe

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Cassie Eckloe
 Posted: Jul 15 2017, 10:39 AM

“I won’t deny that you may have lost a few brain cells during your career so far, but I know you. You’re nowhere near stupid.” If anything, Cassie knew that had he wanted something different, he could have been fighting for top grade ranking. No one could have schemed like he had without more than a little intelligence.

“Okay, I’ll give you that one. You can be weirdly interesting,” she joked. “And now you’re just being silly. If you plan to eat yourself into a sugar coma, I really do hope you share the name of this pretty healer with me so I can make sure to give her a floo call.” Oh, she knew he was talking about her, but it would be more fun if she pretended that she didn’t. “A meal is where you sit down to eat two or three times a day. Maybe more.” She shrugged. She had no real right to lecture somone on their eating habits. She didn’t have the best diet herself.

“Remember, they don’t put me where there’s any danger. Not yet, at least. I’m pretty sure I need to finish my second year of university first,” she grinned. “But, I guess in a way you’re right. You do know what can hit you. But you don’t know when. I can be pretty sure of when. Like, when they tell me to go check on someone. Also, I get to know what’s going on with the patient before they send me in.” She giggled. “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger?” she suggested. He always did have a thick head, but she thought more of stubbornness.

“You’ll never leave Quidditch,” she scoffed. “You’d have to be forced out, and you’d still be playing.” As much as she’d once hated the idea, such as when he broke up with her, she knew that Quidditch had been his one true love, something she could have never hoped to match. She was glad things had happened the way they had now though. It had given her a chance to decide what she wanted rather than follow him around like a lost little puppy.

“Well, if you had to read all of that for Quidditch, I’m sure you’d change your mind,” she joked. She was actually pretty sure he’d already memorized everything having to do with the sport long before she’d met him. “I’m glad to know my hugs are still great,” she grinned. “But, you can’t always get what you want, not even as a famous Quidditch star. When you surprise me on the job, I do have to remain professional.” At least he wasn’t upset about all of that. In all honesty, she wasn’t even sure if she should have hugged him at all. What was the etiquette for exes like that?

“Well then, I’ll just take back my offer of teaching you,” she teased. She really only knew a few of them, her muggle upbringing making her feel that using magic for every little thing was lazy. Besides, sometimes she liked doing stuff like that for herself. “It does keep me almost too busy, but I do think the reward will be worth it. The usual path is two years in university and then two years interning. So, instead of four years altogether, I will have only three. My internship during my two years of schooling will count for one year of after-school interning.” It was actually an accomplishment for her to have gotten as far as she had in the short time she’d been doing it.

She giggled. “And were you included in that too much drinking thing?” She’d never known him to get overly drunk, nor had he done it that often when she was around. “You can’t say that you preferred little school parties with me over victory parties with the team. Why in the world would you think that?” She just knew he must be teasing. She knew she had been very little, if any, fun at any of the parties he’d taken her to.

Remington woods
OWLHowler
^
Remington woods
 Posted: Jul 15 2017, 06:57 PM

"Honestly That would hurt my feelings if I wasn't sure it was true." While maybe not Quidditch, the post game drinks probably did kill some. "Still we all can't be as smart as the future greatest healer over here." He said being honest but still teasing her slightly.

"Well at least I have weirdly interesting going for me." Remington replied with a smirk as he was sure she was just teasing but he didn't mind if it was true. Sometimes the weirder people were more interesting, at least till they crossed the line of being too weird. "Don't worry once I'm in a sugar coma and you get the call you'll figure out who she is pretty quickly." Remington was sure Cassie knew he was talking about her and she had just been joking back. It was good to see even more that she seemed far more comfortable with actually teasing someone back.

"Well good I don't have to worry too much about you till a year later." He said with a smile as he was worried but he was sure she could handle any thing that came a long, with all the teaching and experience she had and it wasn't like a plague or anything like that was just popping up out of no where like in some old medieval days. "Pretty much, I've had enough things try to kill me in my life I should be pretty strong at this point." He replied just kidding as he never felt he was actually in any danger that could have killed him. Just badly hurt him at the worst.

"That's very true but that doesn't mean I can play it forever." Remington had always thought he could but once your in a professional team you kind of see where the age comes that you might not be as good as you used to be and your more of a weak link on a team. "One day I'll have to retire and I'd rather not be some old Quidditch player trying to sell people on a new fancy broom in the paper." He said with laugh as he thought about what he might want to do for a second. A Quidditch store didn't sound half that bad but that was far later in life.

Remington just laughed as she called him a famous Quidditch star and he still couldn't get what he wanted all the time. "Well now that you mention it I was a little offended when I got here and there wasn't a red carpet laid out for me to walk on. Also my fans weren't all over the place waiting for autographs." He acted serious but even just talking like that was obvious he was kidding. "I'll let it slide this time but I expect things will be different next time for someone as famous as me." After which he started laughing. He would have to personally beat himself up if he ever actually acted like that. Remington also didn't consider himself that famous, his team was very near the bottom of the list of ranked teams.

"Well you're free to try and teach me, I'm just not promising I'll remember anything so I can keep blaming the mess on that and not laziness." He continued to joke as he was willing to probably learn some cleaning spells but she didn't have to use her time teaching him any, they hopefully didn't seem that hard to learn. "Well that's great to hear, the sooner your a full time healer the sooner I can put you down as my requested healer for whenever I get sent to St.Mungo." He had just been kidding, he didn't plan on getting sent here anytime soon but you never knew what the future could hold.

When Cassie asked him if he was included in the part about drinking to much he just shrugged. "Hey if I don't remember those few nights than I'll just assume I was a prefect angel and didn't drink myself under a table otherwise." It had only been a few times he had actually drank that much and it was normally when he got caught up in the celebration. "You'd think that but I'd say I enjoyed them more. I had either planned those parties and had to sneak stuff in which was always fun or it was just good to be around everyone, especially you. All the team does is try to out drink each other it feels like. It's fun from time to time but I don't like drinking that much." He'd rather not wake up with a hang over a little memory of the night before.

Cassie Eckloe

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Cassie Eckloe
 Posted: Jul 17 2017, 04:13 PM

“You could be smarter than I am if you wanted to be,” Cassie said, not teasing at all. She wasn’t the smartest person around. She worked hard for her knowledge. Not much of it came easily to her, not outside of her talent of having a really good nose.

“You have more than that,” she told Remington. “You still look as handsome as ever,” she told him. The only real difference was that he looked a couple of years older and a bit more muscular. Not that he’d ever been a slouch before, but still. “I hope I never get a call to come see about you,” she said softly. “I’m not sure how well I could do anything for you. I would be scared for you, scared of making a mistake…” she let her voice trail off. There was a reason healers weren’t allowed to work on patients they were close to.

“You don’t have to worry about me at all,” she corrected. She wasn’t trying to be rude or anything, but she had never seen him as a worrier and couldn’t imagine starting right then. “Besides, the hospital takes all precautions against anything like that. It’s been at least fifty years since a healer has contracted anything from a patient, not even a cold.” Of course, healers also took a lot of preventatives, but that was the actual point. “Well, if you decide to stay that strong, keep it that way. I don’t think I’d like the idea of something killing you.” That would be a nightmare. She wouldn’t want to go through that at all, much less any time soon.

“You’ll be playing forever, or until you can no longer sit a broom,” she pointed out. “Even if it’s not professionally, I could easily see you gathering all the neighborhood people into pick-up games if nothing else.” Quidditch seemed to be such an integral part of him that she couldn’t imagine him not playing in some capacity. “Retirement is a long way off, so I don’t think you have anything to worry about, unless you somehow get permanently injured. And even then, you’d probably still have pick-up games,” she smiled. “And, if it helps, I don’t see you as a newspaper seller either.” Unless it was at the peak of his career. She could see him doing it then.

“This is a hospital,” she joked. “It’s not somewhere that fans would normally congregate. Why else do you think I suggested the cafeteria for lunch instead of going out? I’d like a chance to talk to you,” she grinned. “As for next time, don’t hold your breath. We don’t shut down the hospital because of someone stopping by to see an employee.” She knew he was joking, and she was joking back. But that didn’t change the facts. If he had been serious, she’d have hit him herself. At least he was in the right place to get a bruise balm. “Not even if you’re recruited for the national team,” she giggled. She had no doubt that he would be recruited at some point, if they ever made it to the finals anyway.

“If you won’t even try, why should I waste my time?” she asked, all while knowing that she’d do her best to teach him anything he asked. “Besides, since when are you lazy?” Lazy conjured up a mental image of someone who sat around all of the time, not someone who was constantly in motion like he was. “You’d actually put my name down as your requested healer?” She wouldn’t have thought he’d be serious about that. After all, she would be somewhat inexperienced. There were healers that were far more experienced and she was sure that he knew at least one he could choose over her.

“Try not to do that too much, okay?” She did still worry about him, and didn’t like the idea of someone being able to take full advantage of him in such a state, not to mention how he’d feel the morning after. She’d never had a hangover and was honestly quite proud of that fact. She smiled as he told her why he preferred the parties back in school to the ones he attended currently. “Well, maybe if it isn’t just the team, you’ll have more fun. Maybe invite some fans and all that. Don’t let it just be the team. Make it a raffle of your fans at your games. Certain tickets win, and they can bring a plus one or something. Or you can charge something for a raffle ticket and donate the proceeds to a charity or something.” She shrugged. It sounded good in her head anyway. “But I’m glad you don’t like drinking so much that you always make yourself sick off of it.” That was never a good way to live in her opinion.

Remington woods
OWLHowler
^
Remington woods
 Posted: Jul 18 2017, 03:25 AM

"I doubt that and you're not giving yourself enough credit. Not everyone could be a healer or even just a healer in trainer. It takes skill and of course being smart." Remington did wish she would think of herself as being smart even if she wouldn't agree she was smarter than him.

"Careful now Cassie, you might just make me blush for once." He said laughing as she called him handsome. Remington listened to her talking about not wanting to get that call. "Okay fine, I'll make sure to put some note about only minor injuries or if only a kiss from a beautiful girl will wake me up." He said teasing her for a second as it probably would be better if she wasn't called if he was hurt too bad, he hated for her to worry. Especially to worry about him like she would have been if he was hurt.

It was good to hear about all the things they had to keep they're healers safe and did make him feel better about her ever getting sick from it. " Well make sure to keep it that way." He said teasingly before Cassie proceeded to talk about worrying for him dying. "I'll be fine, it'll take more than just some bludgers and hard ground to send me off to the other side." Remington was confident of that, he already been hit enough by both and the medical staff at the games had always patched him up quickly.

"Well yes I'm sure that will happen too." He could imagine playing Quidditch forever too but he had meant when he couldn't do it as a profession anymore which Cassie seemed to have got as she kept talking and agreeing that retirement was far away. "Yeah I have plenty of time but it doesn't hurt to have an idea of what I could do after I leave professional Quidditch." Granted he was just kidding about having an idea as he wasn't even thinking that far into the future. "Still if you're jealous you can always be on my team during any pick-up games."

"Please I'm not even that famous to begin with, even if you wanted to go eat somewhere else I'm sure about five people would recognize me." He said with a laugh as he honestly would believe that no one might have stopped him. That's just how it was being part of one of the lowest ranked teams. No one really knew you besides die-hard fans of the team. "This is true but that's just if I was coming to visit just some employee. I'm here to see the amazing Cassie, that's worth shutting down at least for a few hours." Remington was just kidding of course, while he could imagine Cassie being worth it he didn't want to think what people with emergencies would do if the hospital was closed.

"I don't know, an excuse to hang out?" Remington replied jokingly while Cassie questioned why she would try teaching if he wouldn't try learning. "Hey if I wasn't I'd know at least some of those cleaning spells by now." Remington just smiled as she asked if he would actually request her. "Of course I would, again I won't have them call you if it's anything too bad but something only kind of bad of course I'd have them call you. You might not believe me when I say it but I know you'll be a great healer when you're finally done with university. Also you're beautiful as well, who doesn't want a beautiful healer to help take your mind off any pain for a bit."

"It's a very rare occasion that it happens." Remington said with a nod as he did agree with her and listened as she went on with ideas on how to make it better by inviting other people. They were all good ideas and something he would have to bring up to the team. "All of that sounds good to me and since it was you're idea I'll let you set all that up." He paused to laugh for a second before continuing. "I'm kidding but I'll tell the team and the manager if anything he would set that up." Remington explained as she once again talked about him not drinking too much. "Yeah me too, it's just a pain in the morning but I have to ask is that's Cassie worried about me drinking to much or the healer?"

Cassie Eckloe

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Cassie Eckloe
 Posted: Jul 21 2017, 02:38 PM

“Oh, I give myself plenty of credit,” Cassie disagreed. “I never said I wasn’t smart. Just that it’s more about me being a hard worker. There was a reason I was a Hufflepuff, after all,” she grinned. “There’s also the fact that I’m the only intern that hasn’t finished two years of university, and I was taken on before I even started my first year of university. That’s a major accomplishment, and one I’m very proud of.” She was no longer the girl who couldn’t admit when she was good at something. She now knew the difference between stating a fact and bragging.

“I’ve never made you blush,” she rolled her eyes at his joking laughter. “I don’t even think I’ve ever seen you blush at all,” she continued thoughtfully. “And now you’re being very silly,” she told him. “I don’t know of any kind of coma where a kiss will wake someone up,” she smiled.

“I’m good,” she told him. The precautions were practically foolproof. Only a few times had something slipped through all the precautions, but she wasn’t going to tell him that. It had been a long time ago anyway. “I hope so. I might miss you if you went off to the other side,” she smiled teasingly. She knew if something did happen to him, she’d definitely miss him, even if it wasn’t in the way it once was.

“Well, there are a few things you could do easily after Quidditch,” she remarked thoughtfully. “You could become a commentator or work in the Ministry with the Magical Games and Sports department. Become a Quidditch trainer or coach. Heck, you could even work at Hogwarts as the Flying professor.” She shrugged. She had a lot of ideas of things he could do after, but she thought that was enough suggestions for the moment. None of them really mattered anyway. It would be far into the future, she was sure. “I’ve never played Quidditch,” she smiled. “I don’t think pick-up games with a professional player would be the time to start.” She wouldn’t even answer the jealousy part.

“Well, if you want to go out for real, we could always go to a muggle restaurant,” she teased. “No one would recognize you there and I’m not sure I want to share you when I have so little time with you.” She really was just teasing. She wasn’t trying to monopolize all his time. She had things she had to do as well. Besides, hadn’t he said he’d been back nearby before but never made the effort to see her until now? Then again, maybe he was afraid of her emotional reaction? She shook her head as he went on about the hospital shutting down. “That will never happen. It’s not possible to close the hospital. And it never will be, no matter how famous you are,” she joked at the end.

“You don’t need an excuse to see me,” she reminded him. “After all, we might not be together anymore, but we are still friends, right?” She hated that she sounded a little uncertain at the end of her statement. She’d worked hard for the self-confidence she possessed, and she wasn’t sure why he could still throw her off. Maybe she wasn’t as far from that insecure school girl as she thought she was. “It’s not lazy for you not to know those spells if you never tried to learn them, unless you had a chance and said no.” She shook her head. “You’re still being silly, but if you really want me to be your requested healer, I’ll agree.” With that, she was making a promise.

She was glad he was kidding about her setting things up. She wouldn’t even know how to even go about doing such. “I’m the one who would worry about you,” she admitted softly.

Remington woods
OWLHowler
^
Remington woods
 Posted: Jul 26 2017, 11:27 AM

"That's not why you were put into Hufflepuff at all." Remington remarked as Cassie explained she just had to work harder and it wasn't about being smart. Sure maybe Hufflepuff did take whatever was left as the motto said but Cassie wasn't there cause of that. "You're just more amazingly kind and friendly than anything else. Hufflepuff should have been honored to have you." Remington said as he was being honest, he didn't like to think of Cassie thinking she was a Hufflepuff in school just cause she was what was left. "You should be proud of it, almost to being a full time healer is a pretty big deal."

"Well than you haven't been trying hard enough I guess." Remington wasn't sure he could blush much anymore, it would probably take something pretty embarrassing at this point and nothing came to mind right now. "Hey there's a first time for everything and if it is the first time I get to name it right?" As he talked about being in a coma that only a kiss could heal.

Remington wasn't sure what was on the other side of life. If it is the muggle heaven and hell idea or something completely different but he for sure wasn't ready to find out. "Well I'd miss you too if I did so that's even more reason to stay alive. I'll make sure to tell death that if it happens, he'll understand." Remington replied with a laugh before continuing. "You see death if I die a beautiful girl name Cassie will cry and he'll just say he understands. No one wants to see Cassie cry." He had just been kidding but it was true about the last part he didn't ever want to see her cry. Even if he was the one to cause he to cry last time he saw her which he did feel terrible about.

"Maybe some of those but I don't think I could be a commentator after playing the game. Probably spend most of the time being jealous I wasn't out there myself or saying what I would have done better instead and commentators shouldn't be doing that." Still some were like that and that's why he didn't want to become one, he felt they were the worst ones always calling people out on plays. "As for flying professor that might be interesting but that all depends on if Hogwarts would let me back in." Remington laughed as Cassie turned down the idea of playing a pick up game with him. "Yeah but you forget you'd be on my team, you'd already have the advantage."

"My Cassie, you have gotten bold since I've been gone if you're the one asking me out on a date." Remington said teasing her slightly as he knew she was just talking in general not as an actual date. "I guess you are trying to make me blush with all these compliments." He added as he regretted not spending more time with her when he was back a few times as he had regretted it then but it wouldn't have been fair to her. To pop in for a few days or a week and expect her to drop everything like he knew she would just to hang out with him. She needed to work on her own things and he needed to not be in the way of those while he was off running around playing Quidditch.

Remington just smiled as Cassie asked if they were still friends even if they weren't together anymore. "Always." Was his reply and he couldn't imagine not at least being friends with Cassie. He laughed again as Cassie agreed to be her requested healer. "Now every other Quidditch player will be jealous, I have the best healer on my side and she's beautiful too."

"Well for you I'll make sure it doesn't happen often at all." Remington said even if it didn't happen often if Cassie was going to worry about it he'd make sure it stated something that rarely happened.

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Cassie Eckloe
 Posted: Jul 27 2017, 07:45 PM

“I’m proud to have been a Hufflepuff,” Cassie said, frowning just the tiniest bit in confusion at just how bad Remington had misunderstood her statements. “Hufflepuff is all about loyalty and working hard. I was just saying that I’m a hard worker and that it was why I was a Hufflepuff. My mum was too.” She hadn’t known that until recently when her dad has dug out some old pictures from her mum’s time at school. “I am proud of my accomplishments. That’s why I told you about them.” Why would he think she wasn’t proud of herself? She’d only meant that it wasn’t just intelligence that she had going for her.

“I’m not sure it’s possible to make you blush,” she countered his remarks. “I’ve known you for years and I’ve never seen it.” Granted, she hadn’t known him when he’d been very young. They’d only met when she was a fifth year and he was a sixth year. “If you somehow end up in a coma and a kiss can wake you up, we’ll call it whatever you want.” Though, she wasn’t sure it would be the exact thing he’d want it named.

She shook her head. “Death doesn’t work that way. Otherwise, wouldn’t my mum still be here?” Granted, she wasn’t old enough to remember her mum at all when she’d died. But her dad hadn’t been enough to keep her breathing.

“Well then, you know a job you don’t want. That’s part of the battle right there,” she replied, somewhat butchering a muggle cliché. “I don’t think Hogwarts would mind a professional coming to teach the first years how to fly, as long as you kept the lessons tame enough that you didn’t send too many of them to the hospital wing. Nurse Geller might want you fired if you did that,” she giggled. “Fine, if it ever happens, I’ll honestly consider playing. Happy now?” She probably wouldn’t, but she could consider it. It was a nice compromise, especially since she’d never been comfortable on a broom unless he took her up with him.

“Well, people change and grow up when you haven’t seen them in a while,” she joked back, knowing he was only teasing her. “No, I’m just being honest. If you blushed, that would be a bonus,” she laughed. She knew she’d changed more than a little since she’d last seen him, but she wasn’t sure if he could tell just how much. One thing that hadn’t changed was that she wasn’t anywhere near confident enough to ask someone out on an actual date. Heck, she couldn’t even get up the nerve to ask anyone in her classes if they’d like to study with her. Some things probably would never change.

She smiled gratefully when he said they’d always be friends. While she did understand why he’d broken up with her now, she hadn’t then and had been afraid that he was just trying to be nice when he mentioned staying friends. She did still miss being more than friends, but she was self-aware enough to know that it wasn’t really feasible right then. They were both too busy with their own separate lives. “I doubt anyone would be jealous, but you just keep believing that if you want,” she teased him.

“You don’t actually have to do anything like that for me. It’s not like I’d know either way, right? I wouldn’t be there, and if I’m honest, I don’t think I’d want to be there if it would just be to police you,” she admitted. “It’s enough for me if you just promise that you’ll be careful and don’t go too overboard.”
OWLHowler
^
Remington woods
 Posted: Jul 31 2017, 02:18 AM

Remington listened as Cassie corrected him and while he did feel a little embarrassed that he had been so off on what she meant he was just glad it was better than what he was thinking. He had known plenty of people in school to consider Hufflepuff as where people were just dropped off when they didn't fit into the other houses. Remington didn't see that but he also hadn't defended many Hufflepuffs in his time besides Cassie. "Well I can tell your a hard worker, your almost a full time healer in such little time. Doing Hufflepuff proud."

"Maybe you just haven't been trying hard enough." Remington joked with Cassie as he wasn't sure he could blush either but he would be willing to watch her try either it would be funny or he would blush. More likely just be funny as he didn't see him blushing anytime soon. "Well now that the hard part of convincing you is over I just need to get knocked into a coma somehow." He replied with a laugh the smiled toward Cassie. "I'm just kidding of course, I don't plan on getting knocked out, it can just happen naturally."

"True you do have a point." Was all Remington could say, he really should think about what he would say before saying it sometimes to avoid feeling like an idiot like he did right now.

Cassie had a point as least he knew things he didn't want to do even if he didn't know what he wanted to do after Quidditch. "True, I have plenty of time for them to forget about me before I even think about being an instructor." Remington replied with a laugh as Cassie brought up the nurse at school. "Hell, she might even be retired by then. Maybe we'll both end up back at Hogwarts somehow." Remington had been kidding as he did imagine Cassie more as a healer at St.Mungos than a nurse at the school but it was fun to joke about. "I'll take it, even if it is just you considering it to play."

Remington couldn't help but laugh as she talked about her being honest but him blushing was a bonus. "I fear I rubbed off on you too much, that feels like something I should say or had said to you before." Remington remarked as it did sound too much like him to be a coincidence. "Still if you ever have the time I'd love to get dinner sometime but don't let me steal you from your studying or all the partying I'm sure your just not telling me about."

"I don't like getting drunk like that much anyway so it's not like I'd be losing anything by not letting it happen." Remington explained, "besides it a friend asking me, the least I can do is try to keep her from getting worried."

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Cassie Eckloe
 Posted: Aug 1 2017, 01:09 PM

Cassie smiled as Remington said she was doing Hufflepuff proud. “I’m glad to get some validation there.”

She shook her head, still smiling. “I’m sure that no matter how hard I tried, I wouldn’t be able to make you blush.” She was honestly just glad that she’d mostly grown out of the blushing phase that had dogged her for way too long during her life. “If you get knocked out on purpose, I’ll refuse to help you.” She wouldn’t really, but since he was joking about it, she could too. Granted, she could see it happening at some point with his chosen career. Right then, she was glad that she didn’t have to watch him play all of the time. It would probably scare her to death. But if he did play somewhere that she could go watch, of course she would.

“Of course I have a point. And you know I’m right,” she giggled. She was actually having a lot of fun bantering with him. When they’d been together, she’d been much more worried about how she came off and hadn’t wanted to say much, even joking, because she’d been scared of upsetting him.

“They couldn’t forget you,” she insisted. “But I’m sure they’d be happy to have you anyway. And who knows? Even if Nurse Geller isn’t retired, she did invite me to come visit whenever I had a chance. So who knows?” She shrugged, she had no idea how things would work in the future. She was just happy that he wanted to stay friends at least that long. “Then again, you might not want to spend ten months out of the year at school. You might have a family by the time you have to worry about it.” She nodded. “Just remember that I said I’d consider it, not that I definitely would play.” She didn’t want any confusion on that part.

She giggled at his comment of her using words he’d probably used on her. “I think you did say that, numerous times. I might be paraphrasing, but I’m sure you did.” It was surprisingly easy to interact with him. Many times, she had thought about how she’d feel when they inevitably met again. She’d imagined hurt, anger, all sorts of things. But she hadn’t imagined that she’d just be genuinely happy to see him. Then again, she hadn’t really had time to think about it much in the last year. “Well, I’m free this evening if you have time,” she offered. She would enjoy being able to finish catching up with him without having to watch the clock.

“I’m glad to hear it,” she grinned. “I have seen way too many people come in after doing something stupid because they got drunk. I will say that I’d rather you not do it for you than for me though.”

Remington woods
OWLHowler
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | St. Mungo's Archives | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Complete
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse