Cryptic Conjuring -> Unfamiliar Territory
It is September 2076.
This month brings highs of 16°C and lows of 10°C. Sunrise is 6.15am while the sun sets at 8pm. The sun lingers on but winds are starting to pick up again.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Rating

Click for Explanation
Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Amber -
Global Admin

- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
Social Media

Tumblr

House Points
G
H

S
R
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Board Stats
M F NB
Adults 18 15 0
University 6 3 0
Hogwarts 8 19 0

Hogwarts
First Years 2
Second Years 1
Third Years 1
Fourth Years 4
Fifth Years 6
Sixth Years 7
Seventh Years 6

University
First Years
Second Years
Third Years
Fourth Years

Blood Status
Purebloods 24
Halfbloods 29
Muggleborns 12
Unknown 1
Squibs 1
House Elves 1
Vampires 1
Veelas 4
Werewolves 1
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Add Reply
New Poll

Unfamiliar Territory
Amber Elison
 Posted: Jun 15 2017, 09:19 PM
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

Amber had carefully chosen her outfit. She had no idea what to wear for this particular occasion, so she’d gone for cute and comfortable. Shorts, a cute top, and her comfortable shoes. She didn’t really know what to expect, but if the girls wanted to stay in, she’d be comfortable. If they wanted to go out, she’d be comfortable.

Now, she was pacing in the receiving room at home. She couldn’t believe she was about to have a slumber party. The very name of it made her shudder. She liked her visitors, but she couldn’t believe that she’d somehow managed to do something so girly.

But it didn’t have to be a slumber party. It was really just a couple of friends coming over. Mr. Morrigan had okayed it. In fact, he’d taken Tim into the Ministry with him so Amber could greet the girls alone. Why that mattered, she wasn’t sure, but okay. She also knew that Tim, at least, would be home in time for dinner. Who knew if Mr. Morrigan would be home? Sometimes he was, sometimes he wasn’t. It would depend on what was going on at the Ministry. There had been a few political fires recently, so he might be busy.

She shook her head. It was actually the first time she’d specifically asked if she could invite anyone over. And they were scheduled to arrive any minute. Sure, Maz had come over before, but Tim had done the asking then. Keira had never been over. Amber wasn’t even sure why she’d invited Keira, except that they’d really gotten along one day at camp.

What did one do when friends were over anyway? She hoped the girls would know more than she did.

Maz Cowan
Keira Bowen

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Keira Bowen
 Posted: Jun 15 2017, 09:35 PM
Keira Bowen
Group Icon
5th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Neutral
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
15-June 17

Slumber party. A slumber party where Keira was invited by people she did not perceive as being fans of such cliché things. It was definitely code for something else, and she was determined to find out what it was. Probably hanging out at night? Getting drunk? Doing things they probably shouldn't?

She was all for any of those things to be quite honest.

Unlike Amber, she didn't seem to care much over what to wear for the occasion; rather, she was more concerned about the blazing heat in that Summer afternoon, during which wearing her esteemed blazer would be absolute suicide. A white tank top and khaki knee-shorts, sandals and a leather brown messenger bag that carried her overnight necessities. Who was she to say no to an invitation that kept her away from home longer than she'd normally be able to?

Her trusty aviators shielded her gaze from the sun as she opted to take the pedestrian route - the path was fairly quick. This, however, proved to be a mistake - the heat was absolutely murdering her, and she wiped the sweat off her forehead at some point. Gross. At least it was minimal, she was never one to sweat much at all.

Once she got to the front door, she rang the doorbell three times. As she waited, she reminded herself that she would be grounded the following day - she lied to her parents without even blinking, stating she was going to visit someone who wouldn't be able to corroborate her story. It was a good thing, though. Being grounded meant no summer camp. Being grounded meant more time in her room. More time away from people...

'Oh, the irony.'

Amber Elison
Maz Cowan
OWL
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Jun 15 2017, 09:56 PM
Maz Cowan
Group Icon
7th year
Head Girl
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Neutral
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
5-September 14

Upon recieving Amber's invitation Maz had frowned so much that Jen had actually noticed. She'd asked her niece what was wrong and been quickly told to do one. There was something wrong though. Why the hell was Amber inviting her to a slumber party? She'd never done that before. What even happened at a slumber party? Who even went? Did Amber have a secret following of Slytherin girls to ask to such a thing?

Even as she was getting ready to go Maz still had all her questions. For a bit of research she'd watched some muggle teen movies. It hadn't helped matters and she prayed to Merlin and his trusty staff that the movies were very wrong. She hoped she'd just watched the wrong movies and there wouldn't be face-masks or worse... feet on show, near her.

Packing her bag took some thinking of it's own. A change of clothes and reluctantly - pyjamas were tossed in. Though she wasn't actually set on staying she would make the effort. Next her toilettries of course followed by some alcohol she'd taken from Jen and which she worried would be much needed. After throwing in some other essentials as she thought of them in her mind Maz turned to her closet.

Soon she was leaving the house. The purple tennis dress she wore was lightweight and cool as were the white cowboy boots on her feet. Her hair was swept back into a ponytail that hung down her back in a braid and covering her eyes was a pair of black square sunglasses.

The journey took no time at all and soon enough Maz was walking towards the front door. As she went on her way she kept looking about herself, on alert for anything that reeked of weird initiation ritual. While it had been the guys who had done such things in the films she was taking no chances. This was unknown territory - both the slumber party and Amber's change in character.

Upon reaching the door she stopped to listen for a moment but it was too thick to hear anything through. She knocked loudly then before stepping back to wait and have another look around.

Amber Elison
Keira Bowen

--------------------
user posted image
-Mega thanks to Court for the set-
OWL
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Jun 15 2017, 10:00 PM
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

Any minute arrived pretty quickly. Amber heard the doorbell ring. Someone must have caught the Knight Bus. She went to the entry hall, waiting while one of the elves answered the door. It was pretty much an unspoken rule that an elf answered the door, just in case it was a not so friendly visitor. Since she was expecting company, she did make sure to be in sight once the door was open.

She smiled as she saw who it was. “Keira! Welcome to Caer Morrigan,” she said, pretending to be haughty before she lost the expression. “Come on in.”

She waited until the elf had closed the door. “So, would you like your stuff to be taken to a guest room or to my room? You can change your mind later if you want.” With her little speech, it was obvious that she wasn’t used to having someone over that she’d invited herself. However, she did want Keira to be comfortable. And the elf was waiting to find out where to take her bag.

“Maz is coming too. When she visited last summer, she opted for her own room. She might do that again. I’m not sure. But either way is fine with me.” She gave another welcoming smile. She really hoped that they’d have fun while visiting. “Oh, Tim and Mr. Morrigan are at the Ministry, so for now, it’s just us and the elves.”

She waited for Keira to make her choice and hand her bag over to the elf. “Are you hungry or thirsty? Do you need anything?” How did this whole greeting thing go anyway?

And then there was a knock on the door. Amber nodded for the elf to answer it. She grinned when Maz entered. She repeated everything, including asking where Maz wanted her bag taken. Once the elf was gone, Amber was at a loss. “Um, I really have no idea what happens next. Do you two want a snack? Do you want to see where your bags were taken? Do you want a quick tour of the house?” Why hadn’t she figured out all this stuff before they got there?

Keira Bowen
Maz Cowan

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Keira Bowen
 Posted: Jun 15 2017, 10:13 PM
Keira Bowen
Group Icon
5th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Neutral
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
15-June 17

Elves. She never really enjoyed the whole concept - her own household had a few, even. But it served to make her feel slightly queasy as she walked in. But, it was for fun. Fun is fun! She opted not to cast any judgement and just wandered into the house, towards where she was directed, which was not far away at all.

"Cheers." Her free hand gave a lone wave to Amber. It was quite the bland response to such an elaborate introduction: she didn't seem to care much for all of that. Her eyes made a quick scan of her surroundings, but she refrained from commenting on it.

Her eyes slowly widened in surprise as Amber described their room arrangements, being taken aback, her previous neutrality being vanquished. "Wait... What?" She couldn't help herself. "You were serious about the slumber party?"

She couldn't reply to the rest, being all too busy trying to contain the laughter about to erupt. The corner of her mouth twitched and she covered it for a moment, clearing her throat before speaking again. "I'm sorry. You just... don't seem the type for 'slumber parties', I figured it was code for something else."

Unfortunately, Keira couldn't erase the disappointment such a realization brought. It took her several seconds to come back to reality. The poor elf had been standing there like an idiot while she was being one as well; after handing it her bag, she stretched her shoulders lightly in place. "Oh, right... The room. Uh, if you offer me a room for myself I'm not gonna say no." Privacy was king in that world.

She glanced towards the door reflexively as it opened. Awkwardness was setting in. Amber didn't know what she was doing, Keira expected too much, and Maz had just joined the fray before any of that could be resolved. For once, she was speechless.

Amber Elison
Maz Cowan
OWL
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Jun 15 2017, 10:27 PM
Maz Cowan
Group Icon
7th year
Head Girl
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Neutral
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
5-September 14

"Sup, elf!" Maz greeted the hoouse-elf as soon as the door opened. "Thank you." She nodded her head as she passed and the door closed behind her. Then Amber was there with her greeting and for a second Maz was taken aback. One brow cocked to be just visible above the glasses. "Yir bein' awfy formal there."

She took her sunglasses off and slipped them into the v neckline of her dress. A strange look passed to Amber, an open question before she answered the elf standing at her feet. "Ah'll keep it the noo. Ta though." The bag was hitched further onto her shoulder so at least if the elf didn't understand her words it would see her meaning. It was difficult for her to trust others with her stuff.

Just realising that someone else was present in the room Maz turned. She looked at the girl without a hint of recognition, a not unusual occurance. With the elf gone Amber had started talking again and Maz turned back towards her. Noticing the gibbering for what it was she wanted to laugh but didn't. "Am tellin' yi, Elison, if this is a ruse fur some kinky shit am no gaunae be best pleased?" She sounded and appeared deadly serious though she was joking, maybe even trying to help her friend in getting a laugh going to break the ice. It was often hard to tell with Maz.

"It's you whose hostin'." She answered the question of what to do. Now being most unhelpful to her friend. Again she turned to the other girl. "Hiya." she quickly greeted. "You goat any preference?"

Amber Elison
Keira Bowen

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Jun 15 2017, 10:40 PM
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

Amber wrinkled her nose as Keira called the event a slumber party. “Ugh. Do you have to use that phrase? That’s what Mr. Morrigan called it too when I asked if I could have a couple of friends over. That sounds so boring really. What is a party where you sleep all the time?” She shook her head, not understanding that point.

She shook her head. “I never have been the type for slumber parties. And you never know. It could be a code for something else,” she winked. “No, seriously. This is the first time I’ve ever asked if I could have friends over. I think Mr. Morrigan was strangely pleased about it.” She shrugged that off. If her guardian was happy that she wanted to invite a couple of friends over, she’d make him happy.

“As for rooms, you and Maz could each have your own, share mine, whatever.” She gave a little giggle. “If my room gets too crowded, I can just go across the hall.” It didn’t really connect that Keira wouldn’t know that she meant over to Tim’s room. “But whatever you’re most comfortable with.” If Keira wanted to be in a guest room, that was fine with her. She knew how important space was too some people. She was that way as well. She just wanted her company comfortable, even if this kind of visit was a one-time thing.

Then Maz was there and teasing her. “Well, I’m sorry for being formal,” she rolled her eyes. “This isn’t exactly normal for me, you know? I’m trying to be nice.” Not that being nice was actually easy for her either, but she didn’t have to say that out loud.

She shrugged at the elf as Maz stated her desire to keep her bag with her. She just nodded for the elf to take Keira’s up to a room near hers.

She giggled as Maz accused her of planning something kinky. “Maz, darling, meet Keira. I’m sure you’ve seen her around school at least. And if I was planning anything kinky, why would I ask you? We all know you’ll never give into my fantasies,” she winked, then blew Maz a kiss. “Anything kinky you come up with is on your head,” she continued after her own teasing.

Then Maz reminded her that she was hosting. “Um, right. A quick tour then.” She gave a quick tour of the downstairs, showing where the dining room was and a couple of bathrooms before leading the girls upstairs. She saw an open door and glanced in. “Keira, that’s where your stuff is.” She gestured to the door with her name on it. “That’s my room, obviously. And that’s Tim’s.” She gestured to the door directly across that had his name on it. “Maz, you can pick any of the other rooms. Most of them have their own bathrooms.”

Waiting for her friend to make a choice, she then opened the door to her own room and called out for some drinks and a snack. “Maz, Tim should be here before dinner. I’m not sure if Mr. Morrigan will be home tonight. He said if he wasn’t, that we shouldn’t worry and just have fun.”

Keira Bowen
Maz Cowan

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Keira Bowen
 Posted: Jun 17 2017, 09:35 PM
Keira Bowen
Group Icon
5th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Neutral
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
15-June 17

"Hey." Keira greeted Maz with a nod. For a first impression, she seemed like a cool person to hang around with; she had the same opinion about the whole 'slumber party' shtick, no less. But, code name for what? She could swear Amber just had absolutely no idea what she was doing, and was trying to play her way around the fact. Everything pointed to it.

"I don't really have any preference, I've never done any of this before." She shrugged, apparently not caring much over admitting she's never really gone out on a girl's night. "I thought this whole sleepover thing was part of something bigger... Like booze or going out or something. I'm at a loss."

Keira was quick to opt for the private room. She already did it back in Hogwarts and did everything under the sun not to be paired with her step-sister at home; in someone else's place it would be no different, especially if they were offering. It was not that she minded people being around - rather, she preferred the quietness it brought.

It was for the better if she didn't butt into the friendly teasing, as the other two seemed to be at least semi-close. Doing so would lead into awkwardness, and so Keira kept to herself, shoving her thumbs into her short's front pockets as they were shown around the house. It was bigger than hers.

She nodded when her stuff was brought up in acknowledgement. "Well, it's still a while before dinner. Whaddya say we hit the streets for a bit?" She suggested so to help out Amber a little. She herself had no idea what to do in a social situation, as a book and some tea were usually her company during such times.

Amber Elison
Maz Cowan
OWL
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 04:08 PM
Maz Cowan
Group Icon
7th year
Head Girl
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Neutral
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
5-September 14

"It doesnae suit yi." Maz answered Amber's insistence that she was trying to be nice. "Jist be you nice ur no." She shrugged. Of course she knew there were supposedly occasions when a person had to act differently. Or at least that's what she'd been told. She didn't buy it though. Why be anything but who you normally are or who you feel like being in the moment? Didn't that complicate things? How did a person even keep up with themselves?

"Yo!" She returned Keira's greeting accompanied by a short wave of her hand. Then she chuckled at Amber, "A very kinky place tae be indeed mah heid." Turning to Keira again she said, "Jist watch this wan. She's a fuckin' deviant." She was joking but it was hard to tell, as it often was with Maz.

"It's early yet." Maz told Keira as she grinned. "Booze might still come." Booze was one of the few things Maz felt it acceptable to share. There was little in the way of fun drinking alone.

During the tour of the downstairs Maz made a comment here and there, made some jokes and even knocked out a little tap dance routine when she declared the floor of a particular room to be perfect for it. It made her think though, of the big empty house awaiting her later in the summer. Her home. The place she was supposed to grow up. Her safe haven that had been so cruelly snatched from her. She'd be going back though. She would make it her own.

"So only you can bunk in way Tim? How the fuck am ah meant tae dae the prank whit makes him piss hisel noo?" She asked mock affronted. "Yir rainin' oan mah parade again, Elison." She joked before she chose the closest room by opening the door, popping her head in and declaring "Dibs." Her bag though stayed on her shoulder.

In Amber's room she slid the bag from her shoulder and placed it on the floor near where she sat with her back against the bed. "Cool cool." Was her response to Amber. It would be good to see Tim, she did miss her friends during the holidays. Still, it wasn't long until she would be seventeen and see them whenever she felt... or at least whenever they weren't too busy.

"The streets?" She questioned Keira before laughing. "Is that the tough streets then?" Jumping up she strode to the window. "Ah suppose we kin hit the country road... look fur some aepples tae scrump." She turned back to the room still chuckling. "Am kiddin'... am sure we'll fun suhin eh dae. The countries awesome."

Amber Elison
Keira Bowen

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 05:20 PM
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

“I’m always me,” Amber protested to Maz. “I’m just trying to be a nice me.” She knew that she wasn’t really as nice as she was pretending, but didn’t she get any credit for trying? “But, if it’s freaking you out that badly, then sure. I’ll just be me.” She grinned, in a slightly menacing way.

She giggled as Maz claimed her head to be a very kinky place. “If only you’d let me in sometime, you could teach me your ways,” she joked. “I’m not a deviant!” she protested again. “Am I?” she asked, somewhat unsure. “Just what do I do that makes me a deviant?” She was curious now and hoped that Maz would satisfy that particular curiosity.

“I’ve never done it before either,” Amber shrugged as Keira said she didn’t know how any of this worked. “With one of my best friends being a guy, my oldest friend even, girls’ nights were never a big thing. And if they were, it wasn’t exactly a platonic evening,” she added, laughing. “I’m sure we’ll get to booze soon though, with Maz here,” she teased her other best friend. “There is no might,” she told Maz, even as she looked to Keira to include her in the conversation. “I know you have something with you, and I have a few things in my room as well. Hidden very well, of course. It wouldn’t do for Tim to have found it and rescued it,” she giggled.

She especially was entertained by Maz’s impromptu tap dance as she gave a quick tour. Then they were upstairs.

She regarded Maz. “I didn’t say I was bunking with Tim. I do have my own room, you know. It’s been mine for years, way longer than Tim and I have been together. But if you want to prank him, feel free. We don’t usually stay in each other’s room while his grandfather is home, and even if Mr. Morrigan doesn’t come home tonight, I thought it would be awkward if we did.” She shrugged, not minding the idea of Maz sneaking into Tim’s room to pull a prank on him. She nodded as Maz chose a room. “That works.”

Amber had no idea why, but she did smile as she was complimented on her room. It was decorated to her liking, even if it hadn’t been changed recently. She still liked what she had.

“The streets?” Amber repeated Keira, not even noticing that Maz had done the same. “I’m not even sure what that means. Like, do you mean go outside? Or actually find streets? There are streets in the muggle village about an hour away.” Of course, she meant an hour away by flying. One couldn’t floo there. The knight Bus was really quick though.

“So, I guess we could go to the muggle village?” she hesitantly offered. “Or we could go outside here.” She shrugged, as if she didn’t mind what they chose.

(Time skip to dinner now maybe?)

Keira Bowen
Maz Cowan

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Keira Bowen
 Posted: Jun 25 2017, 05:06 PM
Keira Bowen
Group Icon
5th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Neutral
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
15-June 17

She shrugged as Maz warned her of Amber's ways. She couldn't tell if it was a joke or not, but didn't care either way; she put her hands up briefly, as if signalling peace. "Hey, hey. To each their own, yeah?"

The sound of booze joining them that night looked promising. She had no idea what kind of drunk she was, if things got that far; plus, she got a big kick out of doing that behind her mother's back. Extra points if she made it home the next morning with a hangover, just to piss the woman off. Not the most intelligent thing to do, for sure, but definitely the funniest in her point of view. "What kind?" She nonchalantly asked.

At the questioning over her own suggestion, Keira shrugged. She wasn't exactly used to just staying out in the sticks. "You girls have a better idea? Let's hear it." She didn't mind either way, so long as they got to do something.

(Sure thing.)

Amber Elison
Maz Cowan
OWL
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Jun 29 2017, 05:32 PM
Maz Cowan
Group Icon
7th year
Head Girl
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Neutral
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
5-September 14

"It's no freakin' me oot." Maz responded to Amber. "Makin' you look uncomfortable. A stranger'd 'hink yi wur needin' a big jobby." She smiled back at her friend. "Thanks anyway."

"It's a secret kinky place." Chuckling at Amber's question she answered, "Aye yi ur, a big mad deviant." Then she shrugged, "Dun know, it's jist yir air." Keira's response to it all made her frown though and she glanced over at the girl. "Aye..." Though she didn't know who'd said otherwise to require such a question. She'd have warned a boy about Amber and her deviancy. It was just one of her ways of teasing Amber, she'd have warned anyone away from the deviance she spoke of.

At Amber's mention of the night's not being platonic Maz whispered, "Fuckin' deviant." before laughing quietly. "Aw cool, so ah'll no huv tae share mah loot since the host his some." Actually she was surprised at Amber for having the foresight to have some stock ready.

To Keira the Hufflepuff shrugged then looked at Amber, "Whit yi goat? How'd yi git it? You intae the thievin' noo?" Not that Maz could say anything on that front - her alcohol had been stolen from Jen.

"As long as the option eh prankin's oan the table am happy." She had been joking to start with but now she'd put the thought in her own head... well, if she stayed she'd have to just wait and see.

So to the streets they went after a quick refuel, Maz picking up her backpack as she passed it. A walk around the country. While other teens would find the prospect boring Maz did not. She enjoyed being outside and she enjoyed walking. Not that she kept to just walking. As they went along their way Maz also skipped ran off at the hint of a "weird-lookin' creature" and climbed up or swung from whatever tree took her fancy. All in all in Maz's opinion it was time well spent, even if she didn't catch that animal that looked suspiciously like a niffler.

Arriving back the two guests stopped in the hall awaiting Amber's cue of what they were to do next.

Amber Elison
Keira Bowen

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Jun 30 2017, 03:34 PM
Timothy Morrigan
Group Icon
7th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

The day really hadn’t gone at all the way that Tim had thought it was going to. He’d sort of been looking forward to staying home and spending some time with Amber and whoever it was that she invited over, but Richard had been pretty adamant that he come along and spend the day at the Ministry so that Amber could do her thing. Richard had this urge to encourage Amber to become a bit more outgoing, and Tim didn’t get it at all. Still, it wasn’t as though he could really argue with his grandfather about it, so off he’d gone to spend his day, bored out of his mind, at the ministry.

It wasn’t long after they’d arrived at the Ministry that everything, sort of, exploded. The owls began arriving, fast and furious, and then there had been an emergency session of the Wizengamot called. As Chief Warlock, that was normally something that Richard did and Tim could see the concern on his guardians face that it hadn’t been his actions that caused it this time.

Tim watched in fascinated horror as the well-orchestrated political maneuvering went on. There had been very few times that he had seen his grandfather when the older man wasn’t completely in control of what was going on around him and this had been a very prime example of one of those times. Finally, everything was over, and Richard sent Tim home with his apologies that he was going to be staying very late at the Ministry and would see them all the next day.

He was exhausted when he all but fell out of the fireplace as he arrived home from Richard’s office. Though that only lasted until he remembered that there should be people about and he shook off the tiredness before calling out, “Hello everyone!”

As he set out to find where Amber and her friends were. He smiled when he found them and spotted Maz, and then nodded in greeting to the other girl. She was familiar, but not really familiar enough for him to be sure of her name. She was in her House though – a couple of years behind them, he was sure of that, but he still felt he should have known more…

“Keira, right? Keira… Bowman?”

“I’m sorry, sometimes I have issues with names,” he offered with an apologetic smile.

With a smile he finished, “I hope that you’ve all been having a good day?”

Amber Elison

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Jun 30 2017, 05:25 PM
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

Being outside was different with the two girls than it was with Tim. For one thing, Maz was a lot more hyper. She thought Keira seemed to be curious, but who knew what went on in someone else’s head? Maz’s reactions had her more than a little curious as it was. Who knew that one of her first school friends seemed to be part monkey?

Amber was just glad that they didn’t get lost. The streets and paths they took were only vaguely familiar for the most part. She hadn’t really paid much attention to exploring around the Caer since Tim had always been with her in the past.

She could have done without knowing about the different types of creatures on and around the estate, but if they didn’t bother her, she wouldn’t bother them. She was glad that Maz knew about the creatures. Amber even jokingly offered the creatures to Maz. She only hoped Maz knew she’d been teasing.

It was also a good time to get to know Keira better, and Amber chatted to her about small things of no real consequence.

Soon enough, they were back at the house. Amber led the girls to the dining room. It was getting close to time for dinner and Amber needed some water. All that walking was a thirsty business. She opened her mouth to call for one of the elves to ask if there were any messages from Tim or Mr. Morrigan. Before she uttered a sound, Tim himself called out and then appeared in the room.

“Bowen,” Amber corrected, with a roll of her eyes, trying not to laugh at him. She went over to him and hugged him tight and gave him a quick kiss. Only a quick one though. She didn’t want to make anything awkward with guests. She wondered what the etiquette was for that anyway before deciding that it didn’t matter.

She gave him a quick rundown of their time outside before asking about his day. She expected to hear about how bored he’d been. “Everything go okay today?” she asked, before looking closer at him. Seeing the look in his eyes, she knew something had happened. She could also see that it wasn’t something that he could discuss with her right then, since she had company. “Later,” she mouthed. They could talk about whatever it was the next day when they were alone.

Keira Bowen

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Keira Bowen
 Posted: Aug 14 2017, 05:44 AM
Keira Bowen
Group Icon
5th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Neutral
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
15-June 17

Their little trip went by faster than Keira had originally predicted; she couldn't help but feel the slight burn of disappointment in the pit of her stomach, but it wasn't important enough for her to speak her mind over it. Dinner was dinner, after all. Better to feel disappointment than hunger, and she didn't exactly bring any type of currency to eat out anyway.

Soon they were back at the initial meeting place, except there was someone else there, around their age. Amber wasn't kidding about a 'girl's night out', poor guy was just left behind.

She didn't seem too upset that Timothy didn't remember her name - Keira herself usually had better things to do than memorize underclassmen names. "Bowen." She spoke in sync with the man's apparent girlfriend. "And you are?" She heard about a 'Tim' earlier and accurately deduced this guy was it, but it was still bad form not to introduce oneself in such times.

Again, her eyes found themselves looking around whenever not spoken to, even if fleetingly. The big house was much like her own. It made her uncomfortable since she never liked that sort of thing to begin with.

Maz Cowan
OWL
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Aug 23 2017, 05:24 PM
Maz Cowan
Group Icon
7th year
Head Girl
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Neutral
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
5-September 14

Maz who was keeping back, one step removed from the group waved at Tim. None of them seemed anything near comfortable and Maz was no exception. Her antics on their walk could be mostly attributed to the feeling she realised. It was the norm for her when incomfortable to be loud and then quiten if she had been unable to remove herself from the situation. Of course she could have left before but she was there for Amber, doing her best to stick around and be the supportive friend.

She left the three to the introductions and didn't hide the fact she was having a good look around. She even walked around with her hands clasped behind her back peering at paintings and ornaments. They were put out for people to look at right? That was the whole point.

Hearing Tim's question she turned back to the others. "We went a walk... ah didnae catch any creatures but 'hings should start pickin' up soon. Amber's goat booze."

Timothy Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Aug 24 2017, 01:29 PM
Timothy Morrigan
Group Icon
7th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

“Bowen, sorry,” Tim offered with an apologetic grin and a short bow of his head. He returned Amber’s hug and accepted the kiss without making a big production of it in front of Amber’s guests; normally he didn’t mind the looks that others shot his way when engaged in a PDA like that, but not with the day he’d been having and certainly not with guests into his home.

“I’m Tim,” he replied to Keira’s question, “Tim Morrigan. It’s nice to officially meet you.”

It sounded like the group had a fun day out as he stood and listened to what all they’d been up to. Their day sounded a lot less stressful than his own and he was glad that they’d apparently had a good time. He offered a grateful smile as Amber didn’t press for him to tell them all about his own day. That would come up later but there wasn’t any reason to rain all over their parade with it.

“That’s a shame…” he replied to Maz’s statement filling in the rest of the day.

“Booze is always a welcome addition to the end of a day, but I can only imagine how much the experience would have been improved if you’d been able to add some creatures into the mix as well.”

Amber Elison

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Aug 27 2017, 04:46 PM
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

Amber waited for Tim to introduce himself to Keira properly. After all, it was how things were done. Even being in the same house, Amber had never really talked to Keira until recently. At least she hadn’t been one of those girls who tried to tempt Tim into breaking his promise to her. Of course, that was the only reason she’d started talking to Keira. If she had been, no amount of boredom would have gotten Amber to talk to the other girl.

Amber giggled as soon as Maz mentioned alcohol. “Well, I’m not upset over not catching any weird creatures,” she added. It was pretty common knowledge that Amber wasn’t a fan of animals. She only had Boadicea, her owl, because owls were useful for communicating. “And Tim helped me with the alcohol. I wasn’t sure what to get.” She wasn’t too picky. First, she didn’t drink often, and when she did, she wasn’t that picky.

She still wasn’t sure what the big deal about sleepovers was, but she was trying to make the best of it. She quickly checked the time. “Is your grandfather not joining us for dinner?” she asked, somehow already knowing the answer.

“Well, should we sit down? It should be ready.” She took her seat and waited for everyone else to sit as well. “Keira, Maz, I should apologize in advance,” she laughed. The elves always went crazy with the food preparations when there was company. There was sure to be way too much food.

Keira Bowen

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Magical World | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse