Two Year Anniversary!

April 2017 Featured RPG

July Featured RPG

November Featured RPG

Cryptic Conjuring -> Uncertain Future
It is June 2076. The sun is sticking around and with it the early rises and late sunsets. This month has highs of 15°C and lows of 7°C. Rain becomes rarer while one or two thunderstorms will occur. High pollen count and high humidity start to become issues.

A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Rating

Click for Explanation
Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
Amber
Global Admin

Maz
Plot Admin

Tim
General Admin

G
Admin's Little Helper
Social Media

Tumblr

House Points
Gryffindor

Hufflepuff

Ravenclaw

Slytherin

Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Board Stats
Adults
Male 14
Female 10
Non-binary 0

University
Male 2
Female 2
Non-binary 0

Hogwarts
Male 7
Female 12
Non-binary 0

First Years
Second Years
Third Years
Fourth Years
Fifth Years
Sixth Years
Seventh Years

Blood Status
Pureblood 13
Halfblood 20
Muggleborn 10
Unknown 1
Squib 1

Creatures
Banshees 0
Centaurs 0
Faeries 0
Giants (part) 0
Goblins 0
House Elves 0
Vampires 1
Veela 4
Werewolves 1
Memories
Looking Back

Add Reply
New Poll

Uncertain Future, Amber/Richard
Amber Elison
 Posted: Jun 17 2017, 08:40 PM

6th year

Group Icon

Plotter

Galleons: 14542
Member Inventory: View

Awards: 9

Home. It really was the best place to be. It was somewhere that she was always welcome, always comfortable, and the people she cared about the most lived there too. That was why she was actually looking for her guardian. She only hoped he was at home in his office, rather than in his office at the Ministry. If she was lucky, he hadn’t been called in.

It was only the second day home from school. She’d already finished summer work for two different classes. She’d already asked Mr. Morrigan if he’d been checking on her house. He reassured her that the wards she’d wanted were up and working perfectly. The elves there were finding things to do. She was glad he was able to give the elves suggestion on other things to work on. She would have been at a complete loss if she’d been the one trying to make that mausoleum into an actual home. She’d made sure to thank him more than once for everything he’d done for her.

She wasn’t really looking forward to the conversation she had planned to have with Mr. Morrigan. She was sure it would be awkward to say the least. She took a deep breath before she knocked on the door of his home office and poked her head in. “Mr. Morrigan? Do you have a few minutes to talk? I could come back if needed.” She wasn’t sure which answer that she’d prefer to receive right then.

Richard Morrigan

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Richard Morrigan
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 01:36 PM

Wizengamot

Group Icon

Plotter

Galleons: 985

Awards: 2

There were times that he wished it was different, but Richard had long since passed the point that he’d felt bad about not being able to meet the kids at the train when they got back from school. Honestly, he wasn’t even sure how they managed it; whether they sought out of flu, took the Knight Bus, or found some other way to get home, but they never disappointed him in making it. They’d been home for a couple of days and he’d still only seen them in passing at meal time. The Ministry had been thrown into chaos with the unseating of the Minister and Richard was doing what he could to keep order and find someone to fill the departed Minister’s shoes.

He was seated in his study reading through some letters and looking through personnel files when one of the house elves popped in to alert him to the fact that Amber was seeking him out. There was no doubt in his mind what the discussion was going to be about so he gathered up his papers and put them back into the drawer as he waited for his ward to join him.

“Come on in, Amber,” he called out when she knocked on the door. As usual, it was shut when he was working in the room but it was never locked in case either of his wards had something they needed his help with.

When she entered the room he stood and motioned her toward the more comfortable seats off to the side of the room, by the window, where a pot of tea and a pitcher of water waited for them, “Have a seat, and what is it you would like to talk about?” he asked, waiting for her to take a seat before joining her.

Amber Elison

--------------------

=Art by G=

All Characters:

OWL
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 01:47 PM

6th year

Group Icon

Plotter

Amber would never say so, but she was surprised when Mr. Morrigan called for her to come into the study. She knew he’d been quite busy with the Ministry in upheaval and all. She wouldn’t have blamed him, wouldn’t even have gotten upset, if he’d asked her to return at a later time.

She gave him a small smile as he stood. That was always a good sign. She could only imagine that he was more than ready for a break from whatever he had to do as Chief Warlock during such a time as this.

Before taking a seat, she poured some tea for them both. She was usually more of a water drinker, but she knew her guardian preferred tea. She was nothing if not attentive to her surroundings.

Once the tea was poured, she took a seat and set about to making hers to her liking, adding some sugar but skipping the cream. “First, thanks for talking to me,” she told him. “I know you’re busy and have a million other things to do, so just, thanks.” She felt more than a little awkward, especially since what she was coming to him about wasn’t something that would happen right away. However, she needed to know.

“Well, as you know, my birthday is next month,” she started, speaking softly and looking somewhere over his shoulder rather than at him. “I’ll be seventeen. And I have no idea what to expect after that.” Coming of age had been something she had looked forward to for so long, but now she kind of dreaded it. What would it mean for her guardianship? What would it mean for her living arrangements?

Richard Morrigan

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Richard Morrigan
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 03:17 PM

Wizengamot

Group Icon

Plotter

“Thank you,” he said as she poured him a cup of tea and took a seat across from her, not adding anything to his own tea.

Her words sounded almost like she was surprised that he was willing to take the time out of whatever he was working on to speak with her. He’d hoped that she would have been beyond that point with him by now, but he’d spent years working toward that at cross-purposes with her parents and it seemed he hadn’t been able to undo all of the damage that they’d done.

“You’re welcome but there isn’t anything to thank me for. I do have a fair amount of things to do, but assisting you and Timothy will always be the most important.”

His voice was completely sincere as he spoke, because it was true. There were a lot of things that Richard was trying to accomplish, but none of them were as important as making sure that Amber and Timothy had a good grounding for their lives and were prepared for whatever they may have to face; they and their generation were the future.

“Yes,” he confirmed, “you’ll no longer be a minor and what happens after that is largely up to you. We’ll get you down to the Ministry to get your apparition license and then you’ll be able to come and go as you please. You’ll no longer be my ward by law, and your own properties and accounts will be available to you – though I hope that you’ll always consider the Caer your home.”

Amber Elison

--------------------

=Art by G=

All Characters:

OWL
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 04:07 PM

6th year

Group Icon

Plotter

Amber felt that she had to disagree with Mr. Morrigan on his reply to her thanks. It wasn’t because he had ever made her feel that she wasn’t important, because he had. It was more because she knew that her concerns, in the grand scheme of things, was nowhere near as important their world and what could happen with the Minister having resigned with no clear replacement.

“I know you think that, sir. You’ve never even pretended otherwise. I just know that this is a very busy time for you, and you don’t really need me and my silly little concerns bothering you.”

After thinking about it, again once she was in his office, she did feel like she was being silly to bother him right then. She could have spoken to him over any meal that he was at home to eat. But, silly or not, she really didn’t want Tim around for this conversation. It was a strange feeling, because he was there for almost everything, but she didn’t want to wonder if he had somehow influenced any answers she received.

Well, that wasn’t exactly what she was hoping for. Mr. Morrigan’s answer told her everything and nothing. She was more confused now than when she’d walked in. She knew they’d go to get her apparition license. She was even pretty sure she’d pass easily after the practice during the school year. She just didn’t like hearing that she’d be able to come and go as she pleased. Did that mean he wanted her to stay? Or that he just wanted her to visit? And then he said what he did about the Caer always being her home. “Does that mean I can stay?” she asked. “At least until graduation,” she hurried to add.

Richard Morrigan

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Richard Morrigan
 Posted: Jun 20 2017, 02:49 PM

Wizengamot

Group Icon

Plotter

It seemed that this was just going to be one of those things that they were going to just have to disagree on, so Richard didn’t press the issue anymore. He firmly believed that taking care of his wards was the most important work that he did and as long as he recognized that, and acted on it, then it wouldn’t really matter just how Amber felt about it. With a grin he shook his head and said, “There I will have to say that you’re wrong. You are extremely self-sufficient with the little stuff and I can’t say that you’ve ever brought a silly concern to me.”

A surprised look crossed his face as she questioned whether his answer meant that she’d be able to stay at the Caer. It wouldn’t have surprised him if she hadn’t wanted to stay – she was one of the most independent people that he knew – but it hadn’t really occurred to him that she might think she wasn’t allowed to stay.

“Amber,” he started with a soft smile, “you’ve essentially lived here for years now. As far as I’m concerned, you’re my daughter.”

“You’re welcome to stay as long as you want. I don’t have any desire to keep you here against your will, but I would be very pleased if you stayed at least through graduation. If not until you figure out what you want to do and where you want to settle down to do it.”

He’d connected more with Amber and Timothy than he ever had with his own son. They were the family that he wished he would have had and he hoped that they’d come to recognize that.

Amber Elison

--------------------

=Art by G=

All Characters:

OWL
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Jun 21 2017, 04:57 PM

6th year

Group Icon

Plotter

Amber shook her head. “Well, this is kind of silly,” she told Mr. Morrigan. “It’s especially silly in comparison to all of that,” she gestured to all the papers on his desk. “I’m sure the general public would agree with me on that.” No matter what he said, she was sure her little questions paled when compared to the state of the Ministry. That would affect the whole wizarding world in the UK. Her issues only affected no more than three people.

A surprised look crossed his face as she questioned whether his answer meant that she’d be able to stay at the Caer. It wouldn’t have surprised him if she hadn’t wanted to stay – she was one of the most independent people that he knew – but it hadn’t really occurred to him that she might think she wasn’t allowed to stay.

Her jaw dropped when he told her that he thought of her as a daughter. She honestly didn’t know how to feel about that, much less react. She’d never really considered herself a daughter to anyone. Oh, she’d had parents, but they hadn’t inspired any kind of love or loyalty. She wasn’t sure how a daughter was supposed to act. “Um, thank you?” was all she could say due to the conflicting feelings she was experiencing. There was happiness that he’d essentially implied that he’d always look out for her and be there for her, but there was also a major case of apprehension. What if she disappointed him and he would no longer feel that way? That was a lot of pressure.

Her smile brightened until it could have lit up a dark room. She was happy that he wanted her to stay, at least until graduation. She stood and went around the table to give him a hug. “Thank you,” she muttered into his shoulder before going back to her seat. “I have no idea what I want to do after graduation,” she confessed. Would he think something was wrong with her for not having a plan yet?

Richard Morrigan

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Richard Morrigan
 Posted: Today at 01:25 pm

Wizengamot

Group Icon

Plotter

It always fascinated him to see the reactions of the people when it came to this sort of thing, but there was little doubt in his mind that she was completely wrong about her understanding. While it sounded correct in theory, he doubted that the people would look all that kindly on him ignoring his family to deal with affairs of state that would absolutely be able to hold for a couple of hours. Not that it really mattered, this clearly wasn’t what she’d come to talk about so he simply nodded and waved her toward the seats.

Her surprise made him smile. Her reply made him laugh, “You’re very welcome.”

Richard rose as she did and happily returned her hug. There wasn’t really anything to say to her thanks, so he briefly squeezed her before allowing her to pull away and return to her seat as he took his again as well.

“No idea at all? There’s nothing that interests you?” he questioned curiously.

“Keep in mind,” he continued, “that you are very, very young and anything that you decide to pursue after you graduate does not have to be what you do with the rest of your life. You could have a hundred years or more to go after you leave Hogwarts and it would be obscene to demand you have the entirety of that time accounted for.”

With a grin he shook his head, “This is the time you should be exploring; trying out different things and seeing what you believe to be a fit. I’m one of the few that lucked into my chosen career quite young. I’ve always had a passion for politics and I lucked into a position with the ICW right after University and have been climbing the ladder ever since.”

“Theresa,” his face took on a more wistful appearance and his smile softened, “she struggled figuring out where she fit in and dabbled in a multitude of different things both before and after Alex was born. Until the Dragon Pox took her.”

Amber Elison

--------------------

=Art by G=

All Characters:

OWL
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Magical World | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse