June 2017 Featured RPG

Cryptic Conjuring -> Birthday
It is June 2076. The sun is sticking around and with it the early rises and late sunsets. This month has highs of 15°C and lows of 7°C. Rain becomes rarer while one or two thunderstorms will occur. High pollen count and high humidity start to become issues.

A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Rating

Click for Explanation
Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
Amber
Global Admin

Maz
Plot Admin

Tim
General Admin

G
Admin's Little Helper
Social Media

Tumblr

House Points
G
H

S
R
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Board Stats
M F NB
Adults 17 16 0
University 6 3 0
Hogwarts 8 17 0

Hogwarts
First Years 1
Second Years 1
Third Years 1
Fourth Years 4
Fifth Years 6
Sixth Years 6
Seventh Years 6

University
First Years
Second Years
Third Years
Fourth Years

Blood Status
Purebloods 21
Halfbloods 29
Muggleborns 12
Unknown 1
Squibs 1
House Elves 1
Vampires 1
Veelas 4
Werewolves 1
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Add Reply
New Poll

Birthday, Mickey / Artemisia
Artemisia Evergreen
 Posted: Apr 19 2017, 06:27 PM
Artemisia Evergreen
Group Icon
Owner of Herboristerie Amortentia
- blood status -
Veela
- allegiance -
Unaffiliated
- Posts -
Plotter
- Galleons -
- Joined -
29-June 15

A swan perched atop one of the spectator stands towers surrounding the pitch where the Gryffindor team had been practicing for what was probably around two hours. It felt like it had been going on for a lot longer though, but it wasn’t because Artemisia was necessarily bored with the game. To be fair, she was still struggling to follow what was going on exactly with all the different bludgers and quaffles flying hither and dither, and then there was that golden snitch too, and it was really quite a challange to pay attention to everything all at once. But what the rest of the players did was of little significance anyway since she only really had her eyes on the goalkeeper and what was going on around him. But she was just very eager for the practice to be over.

The day had finally come and Artemisia couldn’t be more thrilled. Of course she could have waited for a Hogsmeade weekend to see her son but the anticipation and the excitement that had been building up inside her for the past few weeks leading up to his birthday left little room for patience. Besides, the notion that a school should have any right to dictate when she would be allowed to be with her son was simply preposterous and not something to which she was going to abide. She wanted to see her son and she wanted to do it now, and nothing was going to stop her.

Once the last player had left the field and only Mickey remained did she leave her spot atop the tower, and she disappeared behind the stands. A moment later she reappeared in her true shape, striding out onto the large grass field. She didn’t call out to him but rather stood there waiting for him to see her, which she figured he would do eventually.

Mickey Crawford

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Mickey Crawford
 Posted: Apr 27 2017, 08:49 PM
Mickey Crawford
Group Icon
1st Year
Broom-making
- blood status -
Part-Veela
- allegiance -
Unaffiliated
- Posts -
Plotter
- Galleons -
- Joined -
6-October 14

It had been a great practice and Mickey told his team so as soon as they had all touched ground and dismounted. "I'll let you know when we get the pitch next." He told them. Even though they all knew that a bit of slacking wouldn't matter much they practised as much as they would any other year. Mickey was glad they were all so willing and like him seemed to have joined the team for the enjoyment of the game as much as the competition.

"I'll tidy up." He shouldn't need to say it since he always tidied the equipment away himself. It wasn't a multiple person job and Mickey quite enjoyed the peace of the empty stadium... sometimes he even got back on his broom or brought out the football he'd kept in his locker for years. He'd first encountered the muggle sport at primary school and he had fallen instantly in love with the game. It may not be quite as good or exciting as Quidditch but it wasn't as far off as one would think.

Soon, when the team had cleared out Mickey quickly caught the first bludger that whizzed his way and wrestled it into the open trunk. While he waited the more sluggish bludger he quickly put the quaffle away before taking the snitch the seeker had caught from his pocket. He put it away and strapped it in before finally hearing the late bludgers approach. It was almost a dud, it's magic seeping away through the years but, as slow as it usually was the damn thing could put on a burst of speed out of nowhere. Which is exactly what it done but Mickey was ready and well versed in dealing with this particular ball. He jumped forward at just the right moment. The bludger hit his padded stomach and he fell on top of it. Within seconds it joined its mate strapped into the trunk.

It was after he'd slammed the trunk round and turned for his usual look around the empty stands that he spotted his mother. As much as it confused him to see her standing there on the pitch his face lit with a delighted smile. "Mum!" The word was thrown out in his moment of surprise and Mickey found himself not regretting it one bit. As fast as it had happened he trusted the woman who had once left him. Though he had come to realise that maybe he'd never trust her not to leave again it was enough to trust that she would come back.

"What are you doing here?" He questioned as he crossed the space between them. "How?" He had to ask. Wasn't there supposed to be some kind of charm that stopped adults who weren't staff crossing the boundaries?

Artemisia Evergreen

--------------------
user posted image
OWLHowler
^
Artemisia Evergreen
 Posted: May 29 2017, 10:31 AM
Artemisia Evergreen
Group Icon
- blood status -
Veela
- allegiance -
Unaffiliated
- Posts -
Plotter
- Galleons -
- Joined -
29-June 15

Artemisia watched with pride as well as some apprehension as Mickey put away the quidditch equipment. She had seen him handle the bludgers many times before but she seemed to never be quite able to overlook their purpose. It was part of the game of course but she still wanted very much to incinerate the bloody things.
Once secured in the trunk though, she found herself more at ease and she allowed her hands which seemed to have curled into claws to relax.
She’d put the incident with Pavon far into the back of her mind and had thought very little of it since, determined to not allow the boy’s insolence to taint her relationship with her son nor let it affect her feelings towards whether Mickey called her mother or not. She thought it wouldn’t matter so much to her but then to hear him actually say it meant more to her than she could have imagined.

Smiling affectionately at him as he approached she replied, "Hello, my sweet." Her smile morphed into a more sly smirk at his second question which she dismissed with a slight wave of her hand. "I have my ways...”
It didn’t occurred to her that perhaps she was committing some parental faux pas by showing up unannounced in such a manner. But to be fair, that wouldn’t have stopped her anyway.
“You don’t mind, do you? I suppose I should have waited for one of those weekends when they let you free from this place but I never did learn to be very patient and I’m afraid it’s far too late for me to start now...” She paused for a moment as she regarded him, wondering how ever she could have had the strength to abandon this sweet little creature.
She stroke his face with her hand. It would be useless, of course, but she stroke his hair too in an attempt at straightening out his tousled mop if only a little, even if she rather liked his hair in such an windswept mess. “I came because I wanted to wish you a happy birthday.”

Mickey Crawford

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Mickey Crawford
 Posted: Jun 14 2017, 06:32 AM
Mickey Crawford
Group Icon
1st Year
Broom-making
- blood status -
Part-Veela
- allegiance -
Unaffiliated
- Posts -
Plotter
- Galleons -
- Joined -
6-October 14

Mickey smiled conspiratorially at his mother, "The less I know the less I can tell." He bopped the side of his nose with his finger before grinning.

"Of course I don't mind." He almost shouted in his hurry to make that clear. "This is awesome! No one else's parent sneaks into school just to see them."

As he said it he realised just what had happened. The mother who had once abandoned him had now acted more like a parent than any other parent he knew. They stuck to the rules, they kept themselves away but here she was, decidedly not keeping away from him. If he hadn't been smiling already he would have done at the realisation.

"Thanks." his smile turned to a cheeky grin, one corner of his lips upturned slightly more than the other. "Most people prefer to use owls though and send a letter." He started walking slowly back to the closed trunk, unstrapping his chest padding as he did so. "I definitely prefer your way of doing thing though." Once unstrapped he sat the pad on top of the trunk before getting to work removing the rest.

"Do you have a broom?" Mickey asked when all his protective pieces were on the trunk. He looked his mother over for the tell-tale signs of a hidden broom since brooms could never be completely hidden. Well, that was his conclusion after many times trying to sneak one past his grandmother. "We could fly... no one from the castle will see now it's getting dark."

Artemisia Evergreen

--------------------
user posted image
OWLHowler
^
Artemisia Evergreen
 Posted: Jun 14 2017, 06:47 PM
Artemisia Evergreen
Group Icon
- blood status -
Veela
- allegiance -
Unaffiliated
- Posts -
Plotter
- Galleons -
- Joined -
29-June 15

"That's my boy.” Artemisia said approvingly, smirking at him. "What fun is an owl if I don't get to see you. It's your birthday after all, and not just any birthday. It’s... well.” There were many reasons this particular birthday was important to her but she had to admit what weighed the most was the knowing his bind was to be broken and that the little veela in him would no longer be caged. Or so Jon had promised her. But she wasn’t so worried about Jon having lied so much as she feared any sort of lasting damage the magical bondage may have had on her son. “It’s not every day my little mishka turns eighteen.”

She followed him as he started walking back to the trunk.
"A broom?" She asked, a little surprised. That was a rather strange question she thought. Having the means to travel with the winds as well as the flight of a swan, using any assisted means of transportation had never really been necessary for her. "No... I don't, actually.” She confessed with a smile, “Would you believe me if I told you I've never ridden one in my life?"

She liked the idea of getting away from the school and she cast a glance at his broom, trying to determine whether or not it could carry the both of them. She had no experience with brooms whatsoever though, so she really could not say either way.

"But they are sturdy enough for two, aren't they?"

Mickey Crawford

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Mickey Crawford
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 03:17 PM
Mickey Crawford
Group Icon
1st Year
Broom-making
- blood status -
Part-Veela
- allegiance -
Unaffiliated
- Posts -
Plotter
- Galleons -
- Joined -
6-October 14

A warm glow filled Mickey because of what his mother said. His father had said it many times before of course but it was somehow different to hear it from his mum, special. "But Misty's adorable." he joked, though his owl was absolutely adorable in his eyes.

It wasn't everyday he turned eighteen and the very same thought had struck him first thing that morning. He was still waiting to feel any different though, wondering when he'd fully realise he had become an adult. Not just of age but an actual school-leaving, do what you like adult. Perhaps he'd have to wait until he actually left school and started to make decisions for his own life before he'd feel anything other than the child he'd so recently been.

"What? Never!" The lad was shocked at the very thought. How could anyone go through their whole life in the magical world and not have at least one go on a broom. "Oh it's amazing! The most awesome thing in the world to fly up with the birds." He told her, completely oblivious to the fact that she didn't require a broom to do that. "Sometimes I feel more settled in the sky than I do on the ground. Dad used to joke that if I could attach a bed to my broom I'd never come down."

Although his intention hadn't been to fly from the school Mickey didn't know that was his mothers line of thought. The Quidditch pitch had always been enough for him and it still was. Though he was looking forward to some night-time journeys across Ireland once he'd left the school and the rules attatched to it. "Well, you've got to have a go on one now. You can use mine." He offered grabbing up and holding out his pride and joy.

"They do but there's nothing like feeling complete control over and a connection to the broomstick. I can get a school one. They're not as good as mine..." He said that proudly. Not only was his broom one of the best available but he took care of it. "but they're alright in a fix."

Artemisia Evergreen

--------------------
user posted image
OWLHowler
^
Artemisia Evergreen
 Posted: Jul 6 2017, 06:43 PM
Artemisia Evergreen
Group Icon
- blood status -
Veela
- allegiance -
Unaffiliated
- Posts -
Plotter
- Galleons -
- Joined -
29-June 15

“Of course she is.” Artemisia replied with a smile. “Owls are delightful. And very wise creatures. All birds are but only few people recognise it.”

She laughed amusedly at his shock, “We do have other means than wizarding objects to get between places, you know.” Of course, veelas were a proud race and their magic and secrets were their own, and thusly protected, so she could hardly fault her son for being ignorant on the matters. But his incredulity in her never having ridden a broom was nevertheless amusing to her, even if it stemmed from a pretty wizard-centric point of view.
Leaning in closer and lowering her voice, although there were no one around to overhear them, she whispered with a mischievous almost wicked smile on her lips, “Maybe one day I’ll take you flying the way we do it.”

When he had suggested they’d fly she hadn’t quite pictured herself being the one driving the thing and as he offered her his broom she simply looked at him for a brief moment as if he’d gone completely mad. But she quickly composed herself and with a smile she took the broom he held out to her.
“Very well...” She answered with some hesitation. She didn't quite share her son's conviction of needing to go on a broom, and it wasn’t fear or inexperience that made her so reluctant but rather her pride and her dignity, and maybe her vanity too. Veelas didn’t fly broomsticks much like wizardfolks didn’t make fire by rubbing rocks together. And Artemisia was a very proud creature so the mere thought of doing something so quintessentially wizardly was admittedly bruising to her dignity.

But Artemisia really couldn’t say no to her son either. One look at that adorable face of his and she was certain she’d agree to anything.

“In case I should fall to my death I better give you your gift before I... I go on this thing.” She joked with a smirk. She wasn't afraid of getting hurt or crashing into something. The only thing breaking in a crash would be the broom, which would be unfortunate indeed since it was her son’s pride and joy.
She opened the satchel bag she had draped over her shoulder and retrieved a rather bulky bundle of fabric which would have been far too large to fit inside it had it not been for the bag’s magical properties. The gift was not wrapped even if one of the villagers had told her birthday gifts usually were, but it seemed an unnecessary detail and she hoped Mickey wouldn’t mind. Birthdays weren’t exactly something she’d ever celebrated in her life.

“It’s a travelling cloak.” She explained as she handed it over to him.
It was perhaps simple at first glance; a wool cloak in a dark indigo colour with a dark, almost black bear fur collar. But if one looked very closely, and only when light hit from a certain angle, could one make out ornate, faintly shimmering veela symbols delicately embroidered on the inside of the cloak. “It’s the colour of my tribe.”
Smiling at him she mounted the broom which hovered midair, seating herself aside rather than astride, which was much more practical, as well as comfortable, with her long skirts whilst she watched him receive his gift. For someone who had never ridden a broom in her life she looked remarkably more experienced on it than she actually was.
“It means you’re one of us now.” She added.

Mickey Crawford

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Mickey Crawford
 Posted: Jul 10 2017, 09:05 AM
Mickey Crawford
Group Icon
1st Year
Broom-making
- blood status -
Part-Veela
- allegiance -
Unaffiliated
- Posts -
Plotter
- Galleons -
- Joined -
6-October 14

"Yeah." Though he liked to think he'd helped Misty become as smart as she was. "I asked about getting a raven before I choose Misty but the shopkeeper said no one trains ravens anymore." In on of his comics a raven had been the messenger and Mickey had thought it a cool idea. "A muggle who lives close to us keeps pigeons. They're so smart too. They always come to the kitchen window when Grans gone knowing that Dad and Grandad will give them crumbs."

He was probably rambling a bit he knew but the lad was just happy for the opportunity to talk to his mum. He'd have spoken at length about foot fungus if that subject came. He hoped it wouldn't though.

"Really?" The excited shout left him and he was glad that his team never lingered in the changing rooms. "That would be so cool! I did try to find out more about veela but... well books... they're so easy to get bored of." He supposed that he could have asked the professor of magical creatures but, despite Pavon now knowing of his mother Mickey still wanted to keep her mostly to himself.

"So how do you fly? I know that veelas once changed into bird-like creatures at the Quidditch world cup but when I looked a pictures it didn't look like they'd be able to fly." Mickey was at a total loss not even knowing if different groups of veela had different abilities.

While she got the present from her bag Mickey told her. "Don't worry. The spell to turn the ground bouncy is my best. I've needed it in the past." It was a spell he hadn't learned from a teacher but his Quidditch Captain when he was a second year. Mickey had practised until he'd begun to worry about overloading his wand and breaking it.

Mickey took the cloak immediately feeling how soft it was to the touch. His fingers gently stroked the collar as he gazed at the material slowly moving it ever so slightly to reveal one symbol after another.

He knew what it was the minute his mother gave him it but when she told him anyway he smiled. "I've never had a proper cloak before. Just my school one." Growing up in a mixed village and attending muggle primary school had meant it was just easier if Mickey dressed more like the muggles he spent his day with. A travelling cloak was something he'd been intending to buy over the summer since he was set on travelling most places by broom. He'd need something to keep him warm.

"It's nice." He said about the colour before putting the cloak over his shoulders and fastening it. He turned in a slow circle watching how the cloak moved. "I love it." He hadn't looked from the cloak to his mother since she'd handed it to him so didn't see her mount the broom.

"One of you? Like one of your tribe? Is that what the symbols are for? Are they tribe symbols?" He was all questions as he looked to her, his bright smile firmly in place. Then he noticed where she was. "Hey!You're on the broom." He sounded ecstatic about it and quickly accio'd a school broom for his own use though after catching it he didn't immediately mount it himself. No, first he looked to his own broom his mother sat on. "You take care of my mum." He told it sternly. "Or no polishing and clipping for a month."

Artemisia Evergreen

--------------------
user posted image
OWLHowler
^
Artemisia Evergreen
 Posted: Aug 4 2017, 12:34 PM
Artemisia Evergreen
Group Icon
- blood status -
Veela
- allegiance -
Unaffiliated
- Posts -
Plotter
- Galleons -
- Joined -
29-June 15

“A raven would have made a wonderful companion as well.” Artemisia said with a smile. “They are fun little creatures. Playful, and very, very mischievous too.” She lowered her voice a little as to not offend any birds that may be near enough to overhear them, “You know, they’re actually considered the smartest of all birds, even owls. But don’t tell them that.”

She delighted in his excitement over her offer to show him her own means of flight. Whilst their magic wasn’t something they shared with outsiders, she saw no harm in letting her son in on a few of the veela secrets, as long as he would keep them to himself of course.
“And seldom accurate.” She added with a dismissive wave of her hand. Having never read any books herself though, she really had no clue to their accuracy on the topic but she liked to think any information the wizards had on her kind was either just the very obvious facts or simply made up assumptions. “You really shouldn’t trust books too much.”

She winced at his mention of the quidditch world cup and the use of her kind like some kind of circus animals. It was despicable in her opinion, but she wasn’t sure what enraged her more: the wizards for using the veelas or the veelas for letting themselves be used by wizards in such a disgraceful spectacle. Probably the latter.
“It’s a secret.” She answered with a sly grin, “Besides, I wouldn’t want to spoil the surprise. There’s no fun in that, now is there.” Perhaps it was a little cruel of her to tease him so but she really couldn’t help it. She enjoyed that sort of teasing far too much to stop herself. “You’ll find out when the time comes.”

Although she had no fear of actually falling off the broom, the fact that he reassured her of a bouncy ground spell he could perform was ever such a sweet gesture on his part, even if the thought of her needing rescue was a little amusing to her, she did still appreciate it. Such an adorable little creature he was her son, looking out for her. At such moments she could see so much of his father in him.

“You were always part of my tribe but now you can wear the colour to prove it. My sisters and I all have dresses in that same colour but I didn’t think you would quite appreciate that particular style of garment.” She shot him a teasing little smirk, “A cloak seemed much more fitting.”
Of course there weren’t any male versions of their traditional tribes robes so Artemisia had taken a little artistic freedom in creating the cloak for him. It wasn’t customary for offsprings to carry the tribal colours but Artemisia was seldom one for following the rules. Besides, Mickey wasn’t just any offspring. He was special.
“The symbols are like enchantments, I suppose.” She continued, uncertain how to explain them, or even if she should. There was no real accurate equivalent to liken them to anyway since veela magic was so much different from wizarding magic. “They carry the whispers of the winds... which I’m sure will serve you well on your travels.” She winked at him, purposefully keeping her explanation rather vague to preserve some of that mystery she and her sisters liked to keep about themselves.
“Now, show me how this is done.”

It was one thing sitting on the broom just hovering above ground but a whole other thing actually getting the thing to move and Artemisia really had no idea how to go about it. She figured the best thing to do would be to let Mickey take the lead and then she would try to mimic whatever he was doing and hopefully not look a fool doing it.

Mickey Crawford

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Mickey Crawford
 Posted: Aug 18 2017, 05:40 PM
Mickey Crawford
Group Icon
1st Year
Broom-making
- blood status -
Part-Veela
- allegiance -
Unaffiliated
- Posts -
Plotter
- Galleons -
- Joined -
6-October 14

Mickey chuckled. "I won't. Especially not Misty." For though she was an owl Mickey wouldn't think of possibly hurting her feelings like that. Anyway, she was very smart... a little mischievous too - from his influence. Mickey would now think of her as at least a little bit part raven.

"I really, really don't." Mickey laughed. Of course it wasn't that he didn't trust books and more that they were so boring he'd avoid them for life if it was possible. His comics were so much better and, as he often told his father, he learned things from them too.

Noticing her wince Mickey frowned. He wondered what he could have said to cause such a reaction. He hadn't thought much of the veela or the leprechauns being there himself - though for different reasons. All they served to do was distract from the game and even silly it. Quidditch need no such entertainment. Quidditch was the entertainment.

"Okay." He smiled back at her believing when she said he'd find out, just as she 'd told him before that he'd get the answer to his question.

"Is it a large tribe? Do you have a lot of sisters?" He asked his questions quickly showing more interest than he ever had in class. He wanted to learn about the veela now. Probably would have before if ever a teacher could have grabbed his attention.

The vague explanation of the symbols had Mickey frowning again as he tried his best to work it out. His happiness of her being on the broom put the thoughts from his mind for the moment. After slinging the cloak over his shoulders and clasping it he mounted his own broom. After getting as comfortable as was possible he wrapped it tight to his body while keeping his arms free. Grasping the broom handle he called "Up!" and the brooms slowly rose. On the way he quickly explained the basics of flying to his mother, as they had been explained to him in his first year.

"Stop!" Mickey called out when they were almost high enough to be seen if someone chose to direct a telescopes gaze at the pitch. "There's really nothing to it." He reassured his mum before he zoomed round in a wide almost full circle and came to stop, smiling brightly on her other side.

Artemisia Evergreen

--------------------
user posted image
OWLHowler
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Hogwarts Archives | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse