Cryptic Conjuring -> Looking for Help
It is July 2077.
This month brings highs of 19°C and lows of 12°C. Sunrises at 4.30am and sets at 10pm. The sun has still got it’s hat on, storms are likely and humidity is something all have to deal with.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
House Points
G
H

R
S
Board Stats
M F
Adults 21 12
University 5 3
Hogwarts 13 11

Hogwarts
First Years 0
Second Years 0
Third Years 2
Fourth Years 1
Fifth Years 5
Sixth Years 4
Seventh Years 12

Hogwarts Houses
Gryffindors 6
Hufflepuffs 6
Ravenclaws 6
Slytherins 6

University
First Years 4
Second Years 2
Third Years 2
Fourth Years 0

Blood Status
Purebloods 23
Halfbloods 21
Muggleborns 12
Unknown 2
Squibs 1
Vampires 2
Veelas 4
Fey 1
Werewolves 1
Changeling 0
Social Media

Tumblr

Rating

Click for Explanation
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Add Reply
New Poll

Looking for Help, Lottie/Trystan
Trystan Morrigan
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 01:31 PM

Every time someone passed him, Trystan jumped and tried to duck further into the shadow of the stairwell. The door to the dungeon, just across the way, beckoned him; but he couldn’t quite bring himself to go down. He’d been scheduled to meet with Tim for a lesson on spells, and this was the second time in a row that Tim hadn’t made it.

Trystan had heard about Amber’s disappearance so he’d wanted to give his brother some space – but now he needed to know if the lessons were over or if Tim just needed some more time. While he wouldn’t blame the older boy either way, he did need to know if he should consider that time free so he could work on something else.

It would be easiest to catch his brother just to go down to the Slytherin dorm and ask for him. However, he unconsciously rubbed the mark on his arm – the fancy M that had scarred rather impressively – as he considered that his last trips into the dungeon hadn’t gone very well. His mind was racing as he tried to come up with a second idea – using an owl just flat out hadn’t occurred to him – when he spotted a familiar blonde come down the steps into the Entry Hall.

“Lottie!” he called out, a sense of relief washing through him.

If anyone could help, she could, he thought as he trotted toward her.

Lottie Cane

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Lottie Cane
 Posted: Mar 14 2018, 05:44 PM

After spending so much time in the Library today, Lottie was fed up of seeing books, books and more books. She had managed to finish all of her homework and started on the future reading that a few of her Professors had suggested reading. All in all it had been a productive day.

Now, however, she just wished to head to her common room and relax. She hoped that the seat by the fire was free, it was easily the best chair in the common room and she found it the perfect spot to just curl up in and fall asleep. Not that she'd fall asleep in the common room with certain people in it.

Just as she made her way into the Entry Hall she heard her name being called, looking around to try and locate the source of the voice. It was easy to spot who shouted out and, after casting a look around, she made her way over to the younger boy with a fond smile and met him in the middle.

"Hi Trystan, I hope everything is well with you." She spoke cheerfully, always happy to say a quick hello to the boy. It seemed today, though, that he was looking for something in particular. She hoped it wasn't more dreamless sleep potion, she was all out of that.

"What brings you down here? Fancy a trip to the Snake nest?" She teased.

Trystan Morrigan

--------------------

user posted image
~Thanks G for the amazing set!~
Other Characters:

OWL
^
Trystan Morrigan
 Posted: Mar 15 2018, 01:04 PM

“Things have been alright,” he replied with a friendly smile.

There wasn’t any reason to go into the things that had happened over the holiday, and she had to know of the stuff that had happened before. Still, things had been a lot quieter since they’d gotten back and he had to consider that a victory. He didn’t have any reason to go whining about the stuff that had happened.

“What,” he asked; his face paled just a little as he shook his head.

“No, thank you. I’m not exactly very welcome down there. I was actually wondering if you had seen Tim recently. He was supposed to meet with me to go over some spells but he never showed up.”

Then it occurred to him that she’d been friends with Amber as well – and he really should have checked in with her too. A soft blush crept up his cheeks as he added, “And I wanted to check on you too. I know that Amber’s leaving has hit Tim really hard, and I know that you were close friends with her too.”

“How are you doing?”

Lottie Cane

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Lottie Cane
 Posted: Mar 15 2018, 03:54 PM

Lottie gave a bright smile when she heard things had been alright, she saw the younger boy as somewhat a younger brother. Maybe because it was the brother of one of her close friends, plus ever since the day in Diagon Alley she had been rather protective over the young lad.

A small frown marred her face as he mentioned not being welcome in her common room, but realised that it probably made sense. Still she would never let any of the snakes hurt Trystan if he did want to pop down to see Tim himself.

"I'd make sure no one would touch you once you were down here." She spoke seriously.

At the mention of Tim a feeling of worry overtook her, it wasn't like the older student to just not show up when he said he'd be there. With what had happened, however, she didn't doubt that his mind was elsewhere. In fact, she couldn't remember the last time she had caught the boy in the common room.

"That is strange, I haven't seen him recently but I will be sure to tell him you are searching for him if I do." There had to be some point in which she would past by Tim, he couldn't hide from everyone all the time. Didn't he hang around with Maz quite a bit? She wasn't too hard to find, maybe she could ask the girl to look around.

Lottie was surprised when he asked after her, and yes she did miss Amber quite a bit. It was as though losing her best friend, but when she thought about it too much she got too upset. Keeping busy has at least allowed her to not dwell on the hurt and upset caused by her friends leaving.

"I.. Keeping busy, you know?" Her smile at this point was more forced than normal. "Trying not to focus on it or I know I'll get stuck in a rut."

Trystan Morrigan

--------------------

user posted image
Other Characters:

OWL
^
Trystan Morrigan
 Posted: Mar 17 2018, 09:51 PM

“I know you would,” he agreed with a tired smile.

There was no question in his mind that she’d keep him completely safe any time that she was around. The problem was, that she had far, far too much going on to be following a second year around to make sure that he didn’t end up in any trouble. If Penelope found out that he’d been there – and there was no way that she wouldn’t – she’d make him pay for it.

As that thought flashed through his mind, the initial she’d carved into his arm itched and he scratched it through the long-sleeved shirt he was wearing.

“I appreciate the offer,” he added firmly, “but it’s really not my place there. Besides, I like being able to come talk to you when I need something like that.”

He saw the worry flash through her eyes as he mentioned his brother, and that just ratcheted up his anxiety another notch. From everything he’d seen and hear, she was one of Tim’s best friends remaining in the school, and if she hadn’t seen him then something was probably going on. His fears were confirmed when she told him that she’d not seen Tim around either.

“That would be great. I understand if he’s going to be too busy to keep working with me; there’s a lot going on right now. But if he’s not going to be around I need to know so that I can figure out something else to do.”

Trystan nodded. From the tone of her voice, it appeared she was trying to keep busy to avoid thinking about the disappearance of her friend. Working to ignore concerns was something that he was intimately familiar with; and it wasn’t something that he’d have wished on his worst enemy.

“That’s something I can understand. I would think that would be a lot easier with your school work – it has to be more complicated than what they’ve got me working on.”

Lottie Cane

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Lottie Cane
 Posted: Apr 15 2018, 10:03 AM

Lottie peered at the younger boy, a surge of worry washing over her. She tried to push it aside, however, reasoning that it probably was strange for one house to visit another house’s common room. Actually, now she thought about it, she didn’t think she had ever seen another house in her room. Were they allowed to bring friends from other houses into their own common room? She’d have to ask about that, for curiosity sake.

Giving a small smile, she nodding. “Of course, and I’m glad to hear it.” The smile grew a little, turning into something much more genuine.

She felt she knew Tim pretty well, despite missing out a few years, and she was sure he wasn’t someone who would drop someone without saying anything. Unless there was a reason to drop that person, and she doubted Trystan had done anything to deserve being dropped. She had to find Tim and see how he was coping.

“Anything to help out.” She smiled, a little distracted within her own thoughts. “Hey you said he was supposed to work on some spells with you, right?” She spoke suddenly. “I am not that bad with spells so I wouldn’t mind helping out while Tim is… uh… busy?” She frowned, that wasn’t the right word at all. “Unavailable? Oh you know what I mean.” She sighed, words were failing her today.

“I would only help you until we can find Tim and see what’s happening with him, I wouldn’t want to step on anyone’s toes.” She clarified.

A surprised laugh left her lips when he spoke of the school work she was receiving, it really was quite a lot and she had decided to do three electives. Oh Salazar was that the wrong choice. “You’d be right there. They seem to think that our NEWT’s are now because the amount of homework they are setting.”

She didn’t mind the workload, however, as it did give her a break from thinking. A lot of the work took up a lot of concentration and it had become therapeutic to Lottie for these few weeks. “I do wish they thought of the other subjects we have before handing out more work, it’s as if they only concentrate on their own subjects.” She spoke with a shake of her head.

“How are your classes coming along?”

Trystan Morrigan

--------------------

user posted image
Other Characters:

OWL
^
Trystan Morrigan
 Posted: Apr 17 2018, 07:18 PM

The look of concern from the older girl made Trystan blush and fidget a bit, and the itching on his arm intensified. Fortunately, she didn’t call him on his discomfort and allowed the discussion to continue without any unnecessary embarrassment. He couldn’t stop the smile that appeared on his face in response to her own and cursed himself as the blush on his face deepened. She was friends with his brother – more than that if the rumors were to be believed – and he absolutely shouldn’t be relegated to a blushing mess around her.

“I know what you mean,” he replied with a nod before brightening considerably.

“That would be really great if you could give me a hand. Tim and Maz felt it was important that I learn how to defend myself. Maz has been trying to teach me how to fight physically and Tim has been teaching me how to do it magically.”

“I know that he has a lot of stuff going on right now, and if he’s too… involved, I’d really enjoy working with you,” he finished with a shy smile.

“Tim would only be around for a couple more months anyway – I really should try to find someone who would be around to continue to help me next year. But I don’t want to ask you to commit that much of your time.”

Her laughter made him smile and fidget a bit again, “They should really back off a bit – they can’t drown you guys in work like that. Maybe three is a lot though – I’ll have to be careful about that when it’s my turn to pick electives.”

His classes were actually going really well. The Professors had all been really understanding about his performance during the year and it had been nice of them. They’d cut him more slack than he’d expected and he felt like he was really getting his feet back under him. His life wasn’t in any sort of order but his classes were something he could do; something he could exercise some sort of control over.

“They’re coming along surprisingly well. I’m ready for the year to be over; maybe I’ll be able to keep up from the beginning next year.”

Lottie Cane

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Lottie Cane
 Posted: May 14 2018, 12:42 PM

Lottie was surprised to hear that Tim and Maz were teaching him how to defend himself, but it was a topic that she was familiar with. At least on the defensive side, she knew a good handful of protective spells that could aid Trystan when defending himself against magical threats. If he needed help with offensive spells, she wouldn’t be too much of use. Sure, she was skilled with a few of those spells, mostly ones that she could use for prank purposes, and she was confident that he could use them to his own advantages.

“Excellent!” Lottie spoke with a bright smile. “I promise not to go too hard on you, either.” She teased.

The reminder that Tim would only be around the school for a couple of months stopped her in her tracks. She completely forgot that they were getting towards the end of the year. First, she had lost Amber and, despite the reduced amount of contact between the two, she was going to miss him.

“Ah, yeah.” She cleared her throat, trying not to dwell on that topic. “It would be a joy for me to take over after Tim, plus it might help me when it comes to NEWT’s.” She didn’t believe that completely, she wouldn’t be teaching him anything that high up but she hoped it would help relieve him of worry.

“Let me tell you another secret. Don’t take Ancient Runes.” While she did enjoy that class, it was one of the hardest in her electives. There were a lot of runes that they had to memorise and a few that, if read next to another, would mean a different thing.

That was what a lot of people in her year were saying, ‘Next year I’m going to work hard to keep up’ and, she was sure, they would fail and be drowned in homework the first month back. The classes she wasn’t as interested in, Herbology came to mind here, was the ones she really did struggle to keep up with. Plants just didn’t hold her attention for long unless it was about how they correlated with potions.

“Let’s hope that will be the case next year. If not, who cares. You have time to just enjoy Hogwarts.” She grinned, nudging her shoulder against his.

Trystan Morrigan

--------------------

user posted image
Other Characters:

OWL
^
Trystan Morrigan
 Posted: May 22 2018, 08:23 PM

They didn’t talk very often, mostly, he felt, because he was always too afraid to approach her, and it actually stunned him for a moment that she seemed so into the idea of helping him out. A bright smile spread across his face and he blushed slightly as he shuffled from foot to foot. There was no question in his mind that she could wipe the floor with him judging from what he’d seen of her at the Alley.

“I’d really appreciate that,” he agreed with a pleased smile, “I doubt that I’d last long enough to learn anything if you didn’t hold back.”

He could practically read the thoughts that were going through her mind at the reminder that the year was rapidly coming to a close. Trystan hadn’t really known his brother that long, but he felt like he was losing the chance to rectify that. The issues between his brother and his family was obvious to anyone with eyes and he didn’t really see the older boy coming back to spend any time with him unless he was forced to for some reason or another. He was going to miss Tim as well.

“That’s true, Dad always says that the best way to make sure you’ve learned something is to try and teach it to someone else. I’m not sure how much helping me would help you with NEWTs though; I’m nowhere close to that level.”

Then he grinned sheepishly, “Not that I’m trying to talk you out of helping…”

“I’ll remember that,” Trystan agreed seriously.

It seemed like an interesting class, but not really one that would be particularly useful in the outside world unless you were looking at becoming a Curse Breaker or something else equally as esoteric. For the life of him, he couldn’t imagine doing something that boring with the rest of his life.

“That’s true!” he agreed brightly, the blush on his face flaring to life again as she bumped her shoulder against his.

“Thank you again for being so willing to help me. It means a lot.”

Lottie Cane

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Lottie Cane
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 08:48 AM

Lottie gave a lighthearted chuckle, reaching over to gently ruffle the younger boys hair. "Of course. The whole point of the training is so you'll learn, so that you can kick ass whenever you wish." She added in a playful manner. She knew that you could get in a lot of trouble for dueling in the halls and grounds of Hogwarts, but it'll always be handy if someone else started the duel. You can't get in trouble for defending yourself, she thought with a smirk.

It was hard to shake off the sad thoughts that had run through her mind at the reminder of the ending year, but she didn't want to burden the younger Morrigan with her own worries and, with great effort, she pushed the emotions further back. She could deal with them later, hopefully when she was alone and in a private place.

She perked up a little as he agreed with her, actually getting even more excited with the idea of being able to teach things she knew to someone. Sure, she might not be a great teacher but she could damn well give it her best shot. "I know but it's always good to have the basics down so that more advanced spells can have a foundation."

"It takes a lot of talking to be able to do that." And she was stubborn, so she really meant a lot of talking.

Lottie waved off his thanks, she was going to enjoy this so it was really not as big of a deal as it seemed. Plus Trystan was her best friends little brother, of course she would do anything to help him out.

"As long as you don't give up, I'm sure we'll do fine." She joked. It was then she noticed the incoming flow of students, reminding her of the study date she had planned with Alex and Apollymi. "Oh Salazar." She groaned, running a hand down her face.

"I have to get to the Slytherin Common Room, I promised to study with my cousins." She pouted, really not wanting to go and do more studying. "But we'll catch up to make a time and date for your lessons. Owl me?" She called out, jogging backwards with a wave before turning to head towards her common room.

~Fin~

--------------------

user posted image
Other Characters:

OWL
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Ground Floor | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll