Cryptic Conjuring -> The Elison Girl
It is May 2077.
High temps reach 14°C while the lows stay nice at 7°C. Day begins at 5.30am and ends with sunset at 9pm. Rain is an almost constant with dry days being mostly clouded over.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
House Points
G
H

R
S
Board Stats
M F
Adults 19 12
University 3 1
Hogwarts 14 12

Hogwarts
First Years 0
Second Years 1
Third Years 1
Fourth Years 5
Fifth Years 4
Sixth Years 11
Seventh Years 4

Hogwarts Houses
Gryffindors 7
Hufflepuffs 6
Ravenclaws 5
Slytherins 8

University
First Years 2
Second Years 2
Third Years 0
Fourth Years 0

Blood Status
Purebloods 22
Halfbloods 20
Muggleborns 12
Unknown 2
Squibs 1
Vampires 1
Veelas 4
Fey 1
Werewolves 0
Changeling 0
Social Media

Tumblr

Rating

Click for Explanation
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Complete
New Poll

The Elison Girl, Autumn / Amber
Autumn Winters
 Posted: Aug 16 2017, 06:33 PM

The Ministry was full to bursting as investigations continued and a steady stream of people were brought in for questioning. Autumn had set herself up in one of the holding cells near the courtrooms. Having no office of her own she had to take what was left and of that a cell was the better option. It was surprisingly spacious, cool but not cold. With the furniture, lamp and plant she'd had moved there it was almost cosy... almost.

All morning she'd had people sit in the chair across the desk and answer her questions. It was all very tiring and she'd much rather be spending her time training her replacement. But it was still an all hands on deck situation so there she was, speaking to the people. The nasty people. The dirty people. The smelly people. Worst of all though were the people who hated her just because she wasn't born knowing of the magic within her.

Next up was one of those people. At least she shouldn't smell bad/ Autumn consoled herself knowing that Richard Morrigan would not allow his ward to embarrass him with bad personal hygiene.

Sitting with her arms clasped on the desk. A piece of parchment before her with all the relevant information about teh girl Autumn waited on the arrival of Amber Elison. Another pureblood sent to be a stain on her day.

Amber Elison

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Court for the set!
OWL
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Aug 16 2017, 07:42 PM

Amber so didn’t want to go to this questioning. She also wished it had been just enough earlier for her to still be underage. If she hadn’t yet turned seventeen, Mr. Morrigan would have had to be with her. But now, she’d had her birthday and she no longer need her guardian with her by law. On that note, Mr. Morrigan had told her how to handle things. Just be honest and polite. She could do that.

What she didn’t understand was why she had to be questioned in the holding cells. What? If her interrogator didn’t like her answers, she’d just conveniently be put in the right spot? She’d even come in voluntarily! Well, she had volunteered after she’d been told that if she didn’t, she’d have been called. Voluntary seemed much easier than that.

As she was led in, Amber glanced around before looking at the woman who would be questioning her. She realized she had now idea who the woman was. “Good afternoon,” she greeted politely. “I’m Amber Elison.”

She didn’t sit down until she was invited. That would have gotten things off on the wrong foot, she was sure. She was going to employ every bit of etiquette she knew. She hadn’t done anything wrong, so she didn’t even have to hide anything.

Autumn Winters
OWL
^
Autumn Winters
 Posted: Aug 23 2017, 06:52 PM

When the girl entered Autumn was all smiles. Fake smiles, of course. "Good afternoon, Miss Elison. Please have a seat." She indicated the only free chair in the room with a sweep of her hand.

"Apologies for the location but having been present at the riot I shouldn't need to tell you of the numbers being questioned here today. The Ministry is an infinite space and we must make do with what we have." She'd said much the same to everyone who'd sat in the seat that day. The apology was not meant of course, but it was the proper thing to say.

"Now..." she moved her hands she'd reclasped from on top of the parchment. "You were there from the beginning - before it all even started." She looked across at the girl. "Any idea what the starting point was? The catalyst if you prefer to think of it that way."

She'd heard varying stories throughout the morning. Some said a curse was cast between two wizards. Others say it was a punch. Others still claimed it was as simple as one person bumping into another. Basically, no one knew, but it was one of the questions she'd been told to ask upon seeking advice from those who did this type of thing daily. So she followed that advice and asked it.

Amber Elison

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Aug 27 2017, 05:33 PM

When invited, Amber took the only open seat. It wasn’t the most comfortable, but at least it wasn’t one from one of the cells. “May I ask your name?” Was it no longer considered polite to introduce one’s self? Or did this woman not feel the need?

Amber nodded in response to the apology, but she didn’t verbally reply. It wasn’t difficult to tell that it was fake all the way around. She was sure that part of it was truthful, such as having a lot of people to question. She even knew she’d been wanted for questioning because of the spells she’d used. None of them were illegal, but they were offensive.

"Now..." she moved her hands she'd reclasped from on top of the parchment. "You were there from the beginning - before it all even started." She looked across at the girl. "Any idea what the starting point was? The catalyst if you prefer to think of it that way."
“I was there before it started,” she agreed, “however, I don’t know exactly how it started.” She sat up straighter and thought about that day, so she could answer the question with as much as she knew.

“My boyfriend, Tim Morrigan, and I had gone to the Alley. We were just there for fun. You know, looking through stores, having lunch, we’d planned to get ice cream. Things like that. After we’d been there for a bit, we ran into a friend that we hadn’t seen in a while, over a year, in fact.” She paused to take a breath and moisten her lips. “We decided to go to the sweets shop. Lottie, our friend, seems to almost be addicted to sweets, even though Tim and I aren’t huge on them. It started while we were in the shop, and we didn’t notice anything different at first. It was only after Lottie made her purchases and we’d left the store that we noticed anything was wrong.” She didn’t add that because of the chaos of the past few weeks, loud noises and people yelling hadn’t been uncommon in the alley.

“By the time we figured out that there was something big happening, the worker in the store had locked and warded the door. We couldn’t have gone back in if we’d wanted to. We didn’t see any law enforcement personnel around. I did find that strange, to be honest. Anyway, Tim and Lottie are good at performing shield spells, so they started doing that. Any time someone looked our way and aimed their wand, I’d cast a stunner.” She was sure that that would have been in the report. It was obvious, to her at least, that they’d only been trying to protect themselves.

There. She’d answered that question. She sat back to wait for any others that would be asked. She was only sure that the woman might ask for clarification or for what happened next.

Autumn Winters
OWL
^
Autumn Winters
 Posted: Sep 2 2017, 11:14 AM

"My name?" Autumn questioned with a frown then laughed, a light titter. "Oh my apologies I assumed you could read. My name is Autumn Winters just as was written on the letter asking you to come here today." She smiled again managing to make the act condescending.

"That would be..." she paused to glance through the parchments. While checking the shop's name she skimmed for a mention of this Lottie. And yes, she was there, on the list of those to be questioned. "Sugarplum's? Yes, we've recieved a few complaints about that establishment." They'd recieved complaints about almost every shop on the street that day. Opinions within The Ministry were split but Autumn firmly believed that the shopkeeper's should have allowed more through their doors. At the very least they could have helped the injured not peered through windows with their doors locked. "Would you like to file a complaint yourself? It would only take a second."

Of course Autumn had no idea what these complaints would lead to but she'd made the offer to everyone else who'd been left in the street thanks to cowardly shopkeepers. As much as she didn't care that this particular girl had been left on the street she had to make the offer to her too.

She ignored the comment about Law Enforcement. She'd already had to listen to Brandon's unhappiness with them. Not that he blamed them, or at least not the whole department. There was one person who would be dealt with, most severley for the failings of the law. She was just glad it wasn't Levi, he was the best piece of eye candy they had about the place. Autumn would be saddened to see him go.

"So..." she paused as she quickly read over the notes she'd jotted down. "You were outside the sweet shop when it began but later found by Auror Norwood in an off-street and suffering from a bad case of magical exhaustion I'm told." Her quill was poised now, ready to race across parchment. "What happened between those two points in time? Did you recognise anyone around you? Did you happen to see who was casting the offensive spells?"

The Ministry had no issue with the people casting defensive magic - they had done what they had to. There was no call for offensive magic and Autumn was smug, certain that no amount of offensive magic alone would have cause the magical exhaustion. If indeed that had been what was wrong with the children and they weren't just playing for sympathy.

Amber Elison

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Sep 2 2017, 02:07 PM

Amber nodded as the woman finally gave her a name. "Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Ms. Winters," she replied, just as she'd been taught to do in polite situations. "I wasn't sure if you were the one who sent the letter or if you had had someone else send it." Didn't delegation come naturally to those in leadership positions?

She nodded without saying anything as Ms. Winters double-checked the name of the shop. Yes, it was Sugarplum's. Was there any other sweet shop in Diagon Alley? "I'm not surprised that you have. I saw some people begging to be let into the shop for safety, but they were refused. They ran out into the crowd after that and I don't know what happened to them after that." That memory had surprised her a bit. She hadn't remembered that before. Maybe it was the stress of the situation that had prevented her from remembering it until then. She shook her head when she was asked if she'd like to file a complaint. "I honestly doubt anything will come out of those complaints, so I don't think I want to waste my time on making one." Even if it would take only a second, which she doubted, she still didn't like to waste her time with inconsequential things.

She shook her head as Ms. Winters read back the note and got something wrong. "No, we were still inside the sweet shop when it began. It wasn't until we were outside that we were aware that something was going on. Even then, we didn't realize what was going on until a little later. We just couldn't believe that something like that would ever happen. By then, the shop was locked and warded." She took a deep breath. "I still find it hard to believe that it happened."

She bit her lip as she thought back to the riot and her actions during it. "Well, I asked Tim and Lottie to cast shield spells over us. I'm not very good at those." That was, for once, said without embarrassment. "I started casting stunning spells at anyone who aimed our way, like I said before." She paused to think about what happened next. "The only person I consciously recognized was Trystan Morrigan, Tim's little brother. He was running through the crowd. I didn't know why he was there, or why he was alone, but I knew I had to get him. So, I ran out and dragged him back. While I was out there, I did switch to blasting curses, low ones." She hadn't been aiming at faces or anything lethal, but she did know she had to be as honest as she could be. "As I was pulling him back to where Tim and Lottie were, I was hit with a cutting curse on my arm. It wasn't the worst thing I could have been hit with, but I can say it didn't feel good. Trystan was fighting me, saying something about his mum and his sister." She glanced away, still feeling somewhat bad for the young boy. "I wouldn't let him go to try to find them. We found out later that they were both killed in the riot." She didn't feel guilty over that, knowing that none of her actions had caused it to happen, but she did still feel bad for Trystan who had seen it happen.

"The next thing I clearly remember was seeing my friend, Maz Cowan. She told us about a little dead-end alley two doors down. Since I can't cast shields, and I was depending on Tim and Lottie to shield us all, including Trystan, and a piece of the roof fell. Luckily, it didn't hit anyone other than me, and that was just a scrape." She said all that matter-of-factly, as if it hadn't mattered that she was the one hit."We quickly decided to move to the little alleyway. Trystan went to the back of it, out of sight. He, um, wasn't happy with me after I told him we couldn't safely go look for his mother, and that if he went, I might not be able to save him again. I think he was more sulking than hiding." She still didn't feel bad for her words then. She'd had to do what she had to do. "Tim cast a notice-me-not ward and collapsed. I called Lottie to stay with him while I stepped outside of the ward. I know those aren't foolproof, so I wanted to be able to protect them. The worst spells I cast then were bone-breakers. I aimed for legs, but only if someone was aiming for me. I don't really remember much else after that. I was told that I came pretty close to passing out, but I can't confirm that. Everything from there until the next day is pretty foggy."

Autumn Winters
OWL
^
Autumn Winters
 Posted: Sep 22 2017, 12:26 PM

"We're going for a more personalised Ministry under the new administration. No more nameless, faceless people hiding behind owls." Autumn told the girl though her words weren't all truth. She would never allow another to sign her name, not in a million years. Having worked in administrative side of the Ministry she knew how easy it was for a person to stick another's name on anything once they had initial permission.

"That's fine." Autumn put the small piece of card she'd lifted back on the pile. It really would have taken mere seconds to fill in, she'd ensured the complaints process was as simple as could be. It was all plus points for the new Ministry and how productive they could be.

Autumn wondered if the owner knew what was occuring in the Alley when the teens left. She hoped that no one could be so selfishly cruel but she knew it was possible. People were rarely at their best during a crisis. Her try at tripping the girl up had come to nothing so Autumn just had to assume she was telling the truth and grudginly she noted that Amber Elison, Timothy Morrigan and Lottie Cane could not have started the riot. Of course she'd double check with the owner but they'd already been informed that two female and a male teen had left that particular establishment just after the spells started flying.

As Amber spoke Autmn lifted another piece of card from another pile. She quickly filled it in with the spells Amber said she'd cast before holding it out to the girl. "You'll have to get your wand checked and the spells verified." She told the girl. "A station has been set-up in The Atrium by the fountain. Give them that card and your wand."

"You did the right thing for the boy." She didn't like saying such a thing to this girl but it was true. Had she let the boy out into the crowd there could have been another fatality to deal with, another life lost.

At the mention of Maz Cowan the woman smirked. The name was much spoken in the halls of the building lately. A pureblood on their side, a pureblood brought up as close to muggle as she'd ever known. How could she not be pleased about that? Plus the girl was amusing, even while she was a pain in the bum to some Autumn counted as allies.

"Did you get that checked?" Autumn asked when Amber said she'd been hit. She knew The Alley had been full of healers once the riot ended but of course some people could slip through the cracks. She suspected though that Amber wouldn't be one of them. She might not think much of Richard Morrigan but she knew he wouldn't let one in his care put herself at risk.

Her brows quirked at the mention of bone-breaking spells and with a flick of her wand that spell too was added to the card she'd given Amber. It wasn't up to Autumn to decide which spells were allowed under the law but she really hoped then that bone-breakers would be seen as too far. "Passing out? From so little?" She couldn't stop the little titter that left her. Surely this girl sitting before her was proof that purebloods were no better than muggleborns. Autumn would love to believe the girl so weak that she'd suffer magical exhaustion from such a small amount of magic but she suspected that had been put on, maybe to stop her friend Tim from being center of attention. She wouldn't put it past the girl to do something so petty and childish.

Amber Elison

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Sep 22 2017, 01:00 PM

Amber raised an eyebrow when Ms. Winters mentioned soething about a more personalized Ministry. “Well, if you want personalized, I guess you did that right. But if you’re going for personable, may I just say this isn’t the most comfortable place for future meetings?” She was being sarcastic, but only a little. She wasn’t actively trying to provoke her interrogator.

Amber nodded as the woman put the complaint car back down. It wasn’t something she really felt the need to do at that point of time. Let those who had begged entrance and been denied do it. They had more cause to complain than she had. She hadn’t tried to get back in, after all.

Amber barely refrained from rolling her eyes as she took the card and set it on the table in front of her. She set it close enough that she wouldn’t forget it and it wouldn’t get mixed into the large pile, but far enough that Ms. Winters could grab it if she needed to again. Luckily, she hadn’t really used her wand since the riot. Not much anyway. She couldn’t with the Professor there anyway. She’d done a little spell-casting on her birthday, but only a couple of spells and only because it was then technically legal. The previous spells should still all show up. She knew she was really lucky that she and Tim hadn’t gotten to dueling since the riot.

She just shrugged as she was told she did the right thing for Trystan. She’d already known that. She also knew that if he really had run after she told him not to, she wouldn’t have chased him down again. “Nothing else I could do,” she muttered. “Tim seems to like his little brother and I didn’t want him to lose that immediate familial connection.” Not that she knew how it felt to care for someone related, but that was beside the point.

She nodded as she was asked if her arm had gotten checked out. “Mr. Morrigan healed it for me. After spending so many years of getting bumps and bruises and cuts, he’s become very proficient at healing the small things. Once he fixed it, he poured a couple of blood replenishers down my throat. He said I lost a little too much and that if I’d lost any more, he’d have had to get a professional. I think he was trying to threaten me into being more careful, but I’m not sure.” It had been an old threat, getting a professional to care for her without pain relieving potions, but it hadn’t worked. She had way too high of a pain tolerance to be afraid of pain itself.

“Yes, from so little,” Amber replied, sounding a little snippy. It was obvious she was trying to control her temper at the insult. “I’d been casting stunners and controlling the level of my blasting hexes before I got hurt. Then, even while losing blood, I was doing a lot physically to restrain a boy who may be only twelve but isn’t any smaller than I am. He had a strength that surprised me. Even after that, I was constantly casting spells to defend myself and three other people for over half an hour before your aurors arrived. I was still bleeding when Mr. Morrigan arrived to take us home. So I would say that my almost passing out had more to do with blood loss than anything else, but casting while losing blood didn’t do me any favors. But since my friends and I came out okay, I’m satisfied with the outcome.” How many others would keep fighting for survival under those odds? She hadn’t been just reacting. She’d been trying to prevent a need for more violent reactions. She hadn’t broken any laws, despite being technically underage when the situation had happened. “By the way, since I waited so long for treatment, I actually still have a scar. Would you like to see that too?” By then, she truly was sarcastic.

Autumn Winters
OWL
^
Autumn Winters
 Posted: Oct 6 2017, 11:41 AM

Autumn was beginning to wonder if the girl was a simpleton. When she spoke she did so slowly. "As I already explained we have many people to see and not a lot of space to see them in." A simpleton or someone who did not get the inner workings of being sarcastic. It wasn't simply about tone, timing did have to come into it too and this girl's timing was off. "Your sarcasm falls flat this time I'm afraid. All it served to do was make you look a fool. Perhaps you should practice that while you practice listening." There was no way a child, a silly little girl was going to one up her. Autumn was sure there was no bird up early enough to manage that.

"Nice of you." Autumn smiled though it wasn't the most pleasant she could manage. She was certain that the girl had no issues with the boy losing the connection with his muggleborn mother.

Or he was appeasing your need for attention. Autumn thought to herself as she scribbled on the parchment once more. Really she didn't have to make notes of every little thing but she was a thourough type of person and one who believed you could never have too much information to hand.

Autumn smiled at the snippiness in the girl's voice. Her smile widened as she tried to explain herself. Obviously a nerve had been touched. "My Aurors? Oh well then, if they are mines they must also be Richard Morrigan's Aurors too. You do realise he is higher up in this organisation than I am, right? Perhaps you should think through your little quips before throwing them out there." Autumn was in line for a promotion but nothing had been made official. She wasn't ready yet. So as it stood, in the chain she was on the same level as Morrigan if not below the man. "Save it for your friends." she answered the question about the scar. "I never have liked Show and Tell."

Amber Elison

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Oct 16 2017, 08:36 PM

Amber just raised an eyebrow. She really wanted to speak her mind, but she had too much self-preservation to do so. “Actually, I wasn’t being sarcastic. Not fully anyway. I was just being honest. This area really isn’t personable. It doesn’t do much to put anyone at ease.” Not that she expected that this woman was trying to put anyone at ease. She was sure the whole point of being questioned in this area was to make her feel as if she was on the verge of being detained.

She ignored the woman’s strained compliment. She really didn’t care for her own sake. She had only cared because Tim would have. Beyond that, it hadn’t bothered her.

Amber sighed. She was more than ready to leave. Considering she had volunteered to come in, before she was ordered to, she had the distinct feeling that her cooperation was really not appreciated. If only she’d been a seer, she would have waited until she was forced, if she would have been. Who knew at this point?

“Last I knew, Mr. Morrigan had nothing to do with the DMLE beyond being Chief Warlock during his time in that chair. Now that he’s just a regular member of the Wizengamot, I don’t really think of the Aurors as being his. I’m guessing you would have more to do with the DMLE since you’re the one interviewing me.” She wondered how many others this spiteful woman had interviewed and how many others would have liked to murder the woman. Luckily for Amber, she was smart enough not to act on those thoughts. “And now you’ve missed the sarcasm.” She shook her head as if she was disappointed. “Anything else? Or am I free to go?”

Autumn Winters
OWL
^
Autumn Winters
 Posted: Oct 23 2017, 09:03 PM

Autumn merely stared at the girl. There were only so many times she would say the same thing. If this girl couldn't take in even the simplest of explanations then that was her problem and hers alone.

"You guessed wrong." Autumn sighed. "As I've already stated - everyone has been pulled in for this investigation. Such is the urgency that we get to the bottom of why it started and who was responsible."

Obviously Miss Elison didn't concern herself too much with listening. Autumn's long held opinion of purebloods was only being strengthened in the girls presence.

"No, I caught it. Subtle though I'm sure you thought it to be." Now the woman sounded bored. "I simply chose to ignore it." Whether she was telling the truth was anyone's guess.

"Well, I think that's all the questions on my list ticked." She smiled after checking her list and looking up. "Thank you for your time and please, don't forget to have your wand examined on the way out." She sounded cheery now as she put on the persona she thought of as demented upbeat secretary. "You may be called back at a later date."

The interview done Autumn began writing again and acted as if the room had become empty with her last word.

Amber Elison

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^

Topic Options
Complete
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse