Two Year Anniversary!

April 2017 Featured RPG

July Featured RPG

November Featured RPG

Cryptic Conjuring -> An Overdue Visit
It is June 2076. The sun is sticking around and with it the early rises and late sunsets. This month has highs of 15°C and lows of 7°C. Rain becomes rarer while one or two thunderstorms will occur. High pollen count and high humidity start to become issues.

A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Rating

Click for Explanation
Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
Amber
Global Admin

Maz
Plot Admin

Tim
General Admin

G
Admin's Little Helper
Social Media

Tumblr

House Points
Gryffindor

Hufflepuff

Ravenclaw

Slytherin

Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Board Stats
Adults
Male 14
Female 10
Non-binary 0

University
Male 2
Female 2
Non-binary 0

Hogwarts
Male 7
Female 14
Non-binary 0

First Years
Second Years
Third Years
Fourth Years
Fifth Years
Sixth Years
Seventh Years

Blood Status
Pureblood 13
Halfblood 22
Muggleborn 10
Unknown 1
Squib 1

Creatures
Banshees 0
Centaurs 0
Faeries 0
Giants (part) 0
Goblins 0
House Elves 0
Vampires 1
Veela 4
Werewolves 1
Memories
Looking Back

Add Reply
New Poll

An Overdue Visit, Alyssa and Caspian
Caspian Lanchester
 Posted: Mar 23 2017, 12:26 PM

Broom-making | 2nd Year

Group Icon

Plotter

Galleons: 1035
Member Inventory: View

It was just past ten in the evening when Caspian exited his dormitory, scratching at his neck which had been bothering him all day. He wasn’t sure if it was the wool of his jumper making him itch but he feared it was something far worse because actually his entire body was itching like mad. He wouldn’t rule out having been infected with lice or something nasty like that They did let mudbloods into the school after all so it wasn’t very unlikely that they’d brought a louse infestation with them. Manky sods.

He cursed under his breath as he made his way through the corridors over to Alyssa’s dormitory where he hoped to find her, undoubtedly with her nose deep in a book. He should be studying too with all the exams coming up but he really couldn’t be arsed. Studying was boring and Caspian never could get himself to willfully engage in boring activities for very long, no matter how important they happened to be. He figured he’d spend the eve of the exam skimming through the most important texts and then hope for the best. It had worked for him before so why try to fix something which ain’t broken.

Finally outside Alyssa’s door he first shot two passing girls a flirtatious smirk before he made to knock. He stopped himself however, just before his knuckles had hit the wood, and grinning he pushed down the handle instead and poked his head in unannounced.

“I hope you’re not dressed!”

Alyssa Penrose

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Alyssa Penrose
 Posted: Apr 8 2017, 11:06 AM

Potioneering | 2nd year

Group Icon

Plotter

Galleons: 505

It was late, well not over so but it was late enough. At just after ten she was laying on her stomach, on top of her bed, bare feet held up in the air behind her, with her book propped up on her pillows, doing what she always did, study. She wore a delicate powder blue peignoir, that was sheer but not completely see through. She would have worn the robe as well but it hung unwanted over the chair of her vanity. She was lucky enough to not have to share her room so it didn't matter how she walked around in her sleeping clothes.

She was studying a particularly complex potion when she first heard the giggling of girls outside her door. Thankfully the giggling moved off before she was forced to get up and make them leave. She detested girls foolish enough to wander around in groups, gossiping or giggling. Weak minded morons, the lot of them. She huffed and went back to her book and had just managed to read over an entire sentence before her door latch moved and the door started to open.

In an instant she had her wand at the ready, words to a curse in mind and ready to pass frowning lips to make whomever thought they could intrude upon her without so much as a knock, suffer. Greatly.

The there was Caspian Lanchester's voice being his usual cheeky self. She rolled her eyes and lowered her wand, glowering at him slightly before tucking her wand neatly out of sight again. "I am about as not dressed as you are likely to ever see, Lanchester.", she said quietly, in a bored sort of tone, then added, "You're late". She meant, of course, that he was late in visiting her, though she supposed to could have gone to see him as well. She felt badly, she had sent him a note or two by owl but there was so much more to study for now than they had had before. She couldn't risk falling behind but seeing that damn cheeky grin on his face reminded her that she did, in fact, miss her friend. "You should be very pleased that you are not currently covered in severe blisters and boils.", she said, letting a little annoyance color her tone. "Walking into a ladies room unannounced is dangerous business."

Not that she wouldn't have reversed the damage but was indeed lucky that she had learned how to think before shooting off a curse or hex. Lucky that she liked him enough to care what happened to him, especially at her own hand. She marked her place in her book and set it aside before he could get his grimy hands on it as he usually did. She often missed his randomly showing up and stealing her books, teasing her and dragging her around to do all sorts of nonsense things.

She remained where she lay, he could sit wherever he chose, she didn't care but she was still comfortable for the most part. She rested on her elbows still as she looked over at him. He was still tall and handsome, still had those killer grey eyes that all the girls fawned over him for. She didn't, but plenty enough did to make up for it. Oh sure, she'd flirt with him often enough but she never took it, or his returned flirting, all that seriously.

She noticed as she was admiring his good looks that his neck was a bit red. She smirked slightly and asked, "Did one of your latest triumphs get a little frisky with your neck? Shame on you Caspian, you need to raise your standards if that's the case."

--------------------
 photo AlySig_zpswpb0k2ve.png

Other Characters:

OWL
^
Caspian Lanchester
 Posted: Apr 14 2017, 10:48 AM

Broom-making | 2nd Year

Group Icon

Plotter

Galleons: 1035

The sight was not disappointing and exactly the reason why popping in unannounced had its advantages. Had he had the courtesy to knock she could very likely have slipped into something a little less revealing and then he would have been robbed of a very nice sight.

He pushed the door open enough to slip inside, his hands raised as a sign of surrendering lest he be blasted to bits by the mighty Alyssa Penrose. Smirking at her comment about her being as undressed as he was likely to ever see her, he answer with a dramatic sigh. "Alas... Yes. Always keeping the goods to yourself, aren't you Penrose. You have heard of sharing is caring, right?"
Closing the door behind him, he made a point to lock it. "You really should lock your door, you know.” He said in a scolding sort of tone but grinning he added, “Lucky for you I wasn’t some random perv hoping to get a glimpse."

"I'm not late. It's only ten!" He protested with a frown. "I hope you weren't planning on sleeping because there will be none of that now." Alyssa was much more devoted to her studies than he was and he respected that, and he really did try not to be that annoying clingy type of friend who didn't respect the other person's need for space and time alone, or by all means peace and quiet for studying. He needed his alone time too and quite a lot of it. Sadly though, their hanging out had suffered greatly and been next to never lately because of it. Life just had a bad habit of pulling them apart a lot. But he really did missed his friend and so he was making an exception to the promise of not being the clingy type.
He chuckled at her remark. "Especially walking in on you, Penrose. But what can I say, I'm an audacious kind of bloke."

Rather than take any of the available seating furniture Caspian threw himself onto the bed and stretched out comfortably next to her. "I wish... No, I gather it's fleas. Been itching all day, I have." Smirking he wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her in for a tight hug. "You'll have em too now I'm afraid."
He was of course absolutely certain it wasn't fleas that was bothering him. Had it been that he definitely wouldn't be there spreading the filth to his friend, but rather be butt naked and neck deep in a bath filled with every flea-killing potion money could buy. But he enjoyed teasing Alyssa all the same.

Joke aside though, he shot her an apologetic smile to make sure he wasn’t indeed interrupting her plans. "You weren't about to go sleep, right?"

Alyssa Penrose

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Alyssa Penrose
 Posted: May 31 2017, 11:58 PM

Potioneering | 2nd year

Group Icon

Plotter

Galleons: 505

Aly couldn't help the grin and small laugh at his moaning. "Of course. You can't expect me to give it all away without any effort can you? Some things you do actually have to work for, Caspian., she told him with a hint of playful teasing thrown in for effect. "Hmm...sharing is caring indeed. I am sure plenty of girls would be more than willing to share with you. Why should I?" She wasn't above making a man work for anything she was willing to give, most just didn't have the backbone to deal with her so she didn't really bother with men past what she could use them for, if and when she was so inclined to do so.

She scoffed at his warning about locking her door even as she rolled onto her side so she could look at him without straining her neck. "Ha! You're the only perv in this entire building crazy or foolish enough to barge into my room without knocking.", she told him with a roll of her eyes. "So if you're looking to catch a glimpse of something without permission, just remember I know how to blind you in at least 5 different ways., she warned him, with a sweet smile and a flutter of long lashes that were about as innocent as a dragon was docile. It was all bluff of course as she would no sooner hurt him than she would herself. Well...not unless he actually deserved it, but even he wasn't that crazy.

She gave him a bored look. "I care not for the hour you meddlesome pest. I meant that you are long overdue in visiting me. I've not seen you in what seems like forever. Though I suppose you can be forgiven, as I assume you have been as busy as I have been." In response to his threat of not letting her sleep she gave him a bit of a sly smile and lifted a brow at him. "Is that so now? And dare I ask what happens if I decide to go to sleep anyway?" She really didn't have to ask, she was sure he would ensure she stayed awake in some way shape or form. She would probably want to murder him for it, or smack him...one or the other. She gave it a moments thought then decided she could forgo the sleep to spend time with him. She really had missed bantering back and forth with him and he always managed to drag her out of any sour mood she might be in. Definitely a missed quality, though she was getting better at keeping her temper in check. Most days.

She rolled her eyes at him again then gave him a devilish look. "You've no idea, though I will not disagree. You are indeed audacious. She watched him as he flopped down on her bed and stretched out beside her. She resettled herself a bit one he was comfortable, hazel eyes narrowing on his slightly at his comment of fleas. She shrieked when he grabbed her and pulled her to him for a tight hug. "Lanchester! I will hex you into next month if you've brought fleas in here!" She highly doubted it was fleas and she ended up laughing regardless, even as she attempted to wriggle away from him. "You are a vile creature, you know that, don't you? Vile!" She managed to elbow him solidly, though without any true malice behind it, something he was likely used to after years of putting up with her.

"No, not at all, and even if I had planned on going to sleep, I'd make time for you. Haven't I always?", she told him with a slight smile as she leaned on him a bit. Her smile faltered slightly however, then vanished completely as her arm and hand started itching. She turned a murderous gaze on him for a fraction of a moment before she realized she recognized the type of itch. It wasn't a spot, like a bug bite, it was all up and down the arm closest to him, leaning on him. She frowned at him slightly then leaned over and sniffed at his shirt. She jerked away from him and gave him a serious shove but burst out laughing, even though he had in fact made her itch, just not with fleas. The smell was faint, but it was there and fairly distinct, or it was for her anyway. He, however, probably had the sense of smell of a tree root.

"You idiot! Who did you piss off now?!, she asked between fits of laughter. She rolled away from him and got off her bed in one graceful motion. She went to her trunk and rummaged about, chuckling softly as soft clinking could be heard. When she stood back up and closed her trunk she had a small white jar in her hands. She opened it and scooped out a small amount of the contents, covered it again before tossing it at Caspian. "Take your shirt off, it's covered in itching powder, or I am fairly certain it is itching powder anyway. Lucky for you it's a weak batch or you wouldn't be able to go two seconds without itching.", she told him as she worked the ointment into her skin where she itched. "How do you not know itching powder after all these years? Do you ever pay attention in class?", she teased him, knowing full well that she was the studying one, not him. It was also her family business to know these kinds of things. Use that, you don't need a lot though. It should help with the immediate itching, I highly suggest a hot bath and sending all your clothes to be washed. Soon." She was likely going to need to change her own clothes and possibly her bedding. "How much do I like you again?", she asked playfully and sat back down on the foot of the bed, watching him, amusement clear in her eyes.

Caspian Lanchester

--------------------
 photo AlySig_zpswpb0k2ve.png

Other Characters:

OWL
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Dorms | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse