Cryptic Conjuring -> Making Contacts
It is May 2077.
High temps reach 14°C while the lows stay nice at 7°C. Day begins at 5.30am and ends with sunset at 9pm. Rain is an almost constant with dry days being mostly clouded over.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
House Points
G
H

R
S
Board Stats
M F
Adults 19 12
University 3 1
Hogwarts 14 12

Hogwarts
First Years 0
Second Years 1
Third Years 1
Fourth Years 5
Fifth Years 4
Sixth Years 11
Seventh Years 4

Hogwarts Houses
Gryffindors 7
Hufflepuffs 6
Ravenclaws 5
Slytherins 8

University
First Years 2
Second Years 2
Third Years 0
Fourth Years 0

Blood Status
Purebloods 22
Halfbloods 20
Muggleborns 12
Unknown 2
Squibs 1
Vampires 1
Veelas 4
Fey 1
Werewolves 0
Changeling 0
Social Media

Tumblr

Rating

Click for Explanation
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Add Reply
New Poll

Making Contacts, Pavon/Lysander
Lysander Selwyn
 Posted: Nov 8 2017, 03:46 PM

Lysander was in a pretty good mood as he made his way down into the dungeons, trying to seek out his query. Having only spoken to Penny once, and Pavon not at all, he wasn’t too sure where they could be found other than in the dungeons. He figured that even if he couldn’t find them, he might be able to leave a message for them that he was looking for them.

As he made his way through the hallways of the dungeons he looked around, trying to get a good feel for the layout. While he was quite pleased with his position in Ravenclaw, there was still a small piece of him that was disappointed he hadn’t ended up in Slytherin. There was such a long and storied history for the house of Salazar. It would have been a nice to be a part of that; generally, they were closer to the great moments in history than most other houses – with the possible exception of Gryffindor. He supposed that just meant he would have even more of a chance to stand out among his peers.

Ahead he spotted a small group of students walking and chatting; he recognized them all as students from Slytherin and he hurried to catch up with them. “Excuse me,” he called out as he approached them. They stopped and turned back to see who it was.

One of them seemed to recognize him and nodded in greeting before asking curiously, “What brings you down here Selwyn?”

“Well,” he answered, “I was hoping that I could find either Penelope Montague-Farnese or Pavon Sannesley. Would one of you be willing to see if he’s in the Common Room? And if he is, perhaps you could ask him to come out?”

The boy shrugged and said, “I suppose we could do that. For the right price, of course.”

“Of course,” Lysander replied,

“I’d owe you a small favor for it.”

With another nod, the boy he’d been speaking too waved his hand and one of the group hurried down the hall and around the corner – presumably to seek out Pavon or Penelope.

Pavon B Sannesley

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Pavon B Sannesley
 Posted: Dec 5 2017, 05:49 AM

A while later Pavon appeared. Draped in his thick cloak that covered most of him, but for his face and his head. His eyes were darker than usual, his skin paler and his expression tired but somehow composed and even regal. His hands were hidden under his cloak, but would, if revealed, be covered in gloves of some type of dragon hide leather. Probably the sort that offered warmth, even when it's material looked too think to be anything but ornamental. He did look like he hadn't shut his eye for a few days, though he tried his best to hide it. Even with a spell or two in that direction. His hair at least was combed and looking very orderly.

He looked around, ready to curse whoever has told him that he was supposed to meet someone here. He did spot a Ravenclaw rather quickly, and his expression lightened a bit. The boy who fetched him spoke true. If it had been anyone else, he'd have sent the messanger back with a simple - not available - response, but this was a fellow pureblood and of a notable family, so effort had to be made in meeting him. Penelope knew him as well, another reason why he needed to get off his bed , away from his books and warm blankets, and come meet the guy.

"Hello. To what do I owe this... honour ?" He asked glancing around to see already where they could speak both in private and seated. The fact he had seen the remains of his breakfast and lunch and hardly felt like eating again, that day, certainly did not make his want to 'stand around' any greater. Of course, as said, he tried his best to conceal any of that with a few choice spells, that made him appear, tired yes, but presentable and far from as bad as he felt.

Lysander Selwyn

--------------------
-http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m579/Patches_the_shipcat/pavonbannerrrounded_zpszcdmsiuo.png-
OWL
^
Lysander Selwyn
 Posted: Dec 5 2017, 07:09 PM

While longer than he would have liked, the wait wasn’t anything to be concerned about; especially since he didn’t have an appointment or an invitation. Frankly, he wouldn’t have been that surprised if one of them had simply told him that Pavon wasn’t around and to check back later. It was almost a surprise when Sannesley emerged to join him.

The boy looked more than a bit haggard, but it would have been unforgivably rude to call attention to it. With the initial greeting out of the way, Lysander offered a short bow and replied, “I’m sorry to call uninvited, but I’ve been trying to catch up with you for a few days. You’re sometimes a bit difficult to find.”

“There’s no doubt in my mind that I’m pulling you away from something important, but I needed to deliver this in person.”

As he spoke, he reached into his robe and drew forth a piece of parchment, folded and sealed bearing the dual seals of the Selwyn and Morrigan families. As he held it out he explained, “My grandmother, Lady Selwyn, and Richard Morrigan are hosting a Winter Ball this year and we would be honored if you would attend.”

Pavon B Sannesley

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Pavon B Sannesley
 Posted: Dec 5 2017, 07:22 PM

"I have been busy." He agreed quietly and managed a smile in return. "If you would prefer a faster, less costly and surer way to find me, you can ask Penelope or well, .."

He could not promise to be somewhere regularly, as lately his timetable was dictated by something he wished to keep under wraps. "She'll know best." He concluded and nodded. He wondered why he was summoned, though it would be impolite to begin with the inquiry so he was quite grateful when the other boy went straight to the point. He was more surprised even when it was an envelope that he came to personally bring to him and then the invitation he had far from expected. Well, at least one that was directed specifically towards him and not his elder brother and his family.

He concealed the surprise, while reaching for the envelope that he was offered. "Thank you." His words were genuine. "I would be honoured to." He answered. He had few plans so he quite doubted that he would have a reason not to have time. He would make time, should he need to of course and hope that he would feel well while attending. "Is there a particular dress code that one shall abide by?" He inquired , half tempted to open the letter right then, rather than wait for when they'd part ways. It would be rude to hurry and tear it up, and also to take time in reading it rather than talking with the other, but of course he did not know whether he was expected to check it right then or not.

Lysander Selwyn

--------------------
-http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m579/Patches_the_shipcat/pavonbannerrrounded_zpszcdmsiuo.png-
OWL
^
Lysander Selwyn
 Posted: Dec 5 2017, 08:23 PM

“I’ve been looking for her as well,” Lysander answered, “but I will keep that in mind for the next time.”

The question about attire was an easy one and one that he was more than prepared to answer, “According to my grandmother, this will be an event like hasn’t been put on for some time. I would recommend dressing up for it. Dress robes would be more than appropriate.”

“If you don’t have any more questions, I’ll let you get back to whatever it was you were working on,” he offered. It wasn’t his intention to make it seem as though he wanted to drop the letter and run, but it did seem like Pavon was busy with something else and he didn’t want to be taking up the other boy’s precious time.

Pavon B Sannesley

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Pavon B Sannesley
 Posted: Dec 11 2017, 03:25 AM

It wasn't that he was busy, but it felt as though Lysander wanted to leave, and leave as soon as he was able. Pavon did not have the will power or strength to argue with him and he would have considered it impolite to do so aswell. It was duly noted though.

"You might find her ....in the library." He wasn't sure if she would have gone there, but she was not in the dorms, and she could have gone to fetch another book for what they had an assignment on. It was as good a place to start looking as any. "Thank you for the letter. I have no questions and... i'd not like to impede on your available free time." He nodded as if to say that if he wished to leave now, he could. There might have been things he had wanted to discuss with the pureblood but he had grown used to being kept out of the loop by his fellow classmates. Before it may have been due to the monetary issues and even now, there probably were some issues to consider.

Lysander Selwyn

--------------------
OWL
^
Lysander Selwyn
 Posted: Dec 11 2017, 11:47 AM

“She wasn’t there when I stopped in looking for you,” Lysander replied, “though I suppose that she could have made her way back there again now. I’ll take another pass through on my way back to the Tower.”

People skills were not his biggest strength, but that was something he was trying to work on. All the same, he couldn’t help but pick up on some of the frustration… tension… something flowing from the Slytherin boy as he thanked him and seemed to dismiss him. Lysander nodded and offered, “I apologize if it came across differently, but I have no need to run off. You just seemed a bit tired, and cold,” he added indicating Pavon’s layered attire.

“It wasn’t my intention to drop this and run off – I could have employed an owl in that regard. If you don’t have anything pressing at the moment, would you care to take a walk and maybe talk a bit? Even though we’re in the same year, I think I can count on one hand the number of times that we’ve spoken and I’d like to change that.”

“There aren’t enough of us with proper regard for tradition to allow ourselves to remain as disconnected as we have been,” he finished with an apologetic smile, “especially if it’s largely due to an unspoken misunderstanding.”

Pavon B Sannesley

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Pavon B Sannesley
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 09:18 AM

"I am always cold. It is the dungeons. While we do have a fireplace, the location is still underneath the lake and the cold never seems to leave the walls." He smiled faintly. He did not address the fact that he looked tired. He did and he felt it too, but he did not want to draw more attention to it, than there was already. He was glad that he had taken a scarf with him, as now a walk outside or even through the castle did not sound as unpleasant as it could have.

"If you do not have anything pressing, I think a break from the books would... do me good." He nodded slowly and motioned for the other pureblood to lead the way to where he wished to go to talk. He did not often speak with his peers, less now even. He knew he ought to have, he knew he wanted to. Purebloods were not many, and connections among them were essential. That and friends.. well, having friends would have been nice.

Lysander even echoed his thoughts as he spoke, and that made him smile. It was not a chance he wanted to miss. "The respect for our culture and history is dwindling lately. It is as though who we are, who we were, our lineage, means nothing any more. The achievements of our families, and the rich history of our kind is being erased...." He dropped his voice as he spoke so, sounding almost forlorn. "Even, as you have said, we, stray slowly further apart from oneanother, as if to conform to the general consensus of this change."

He nodded slowly. "I apologise for the midunderstanding. It's been just a habit.. through out the years. I will not pretend that you do not know of my family's trials and tribulations, although I can with confidence say, that things have been improved in recent years. In the past that meant the distance even from those like me." What he had wanted to say was that he was used not to have others wish to spend time around him, as he used to be a pureblood of a family that lost near all. OF course it was no longer so, and even then he had tried to pretend to be 'better off than he was'. But there was just so much one could make believe, and so little one could hide, when the newspapers existed to inform and reveal some of those pretends to be just that, lies.

Lysander Selwyn

--------------------
OWL
^
Lysander Selwyn
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 12:08 PM

“That’s odd to me,” Lysander replied curiously, “I would have thought that the Founders would have installed some charms or something to keep the areas warm and dry. People live there after all, just because they’re the dungeons doesn’t mean they have to be inhospitable.”

“I wonder if Professor MacLeod could do anything about that for you. She seems more than able.”

With a smile, he nodded slightly to the other boy and answered, “Nothing pressing at the moment. Studying is a good thing, but it’s important not to do so much of it that it costs you interaction with other people. That’s something that some Ravenclaws have a hard time grasping.”

As he spoke, Lysander led the way back the direction he’d come. He hadn’t had anywhere in mind to be, but if Pavon was cold in the dungeons, they could head somewhere warmer. The higher levels were pretty well heated – there was a room on the ground floor that actually seemed like it might have been a welcoming hall at some point. There were tables and seats – and most importantly a large fireplace that seemed to be almost constantly lit.

“It’s up to us to keep the old ways. The trick, and problem, is that if we truly want them to remain we’re going to have to spread them to others. That means opening up the culture to some who might be a little less pure than we are.”

“As well, the Pureblood families are going to have to start having more children,” he shook his head and finished, “most Pureblood families don’t even replace themselves – let alone expand our population.”

As they arrived onto the ground floor, Lysander pushed open the door to the room he’d been leading them toward and he smiled as the fire was still blazing in the hearth. The room was almost hot, which was a nice contrast to the cold outside. There were small groupings of comfortable seats around little tables and he took a seat in on before motioning Pavon to the chair across from him.

“There’s nothing to apologize for – it just comes back to our need to actually talk and communicate. And not hold grudges. I can assure you that I have never held anything against you that your family was dealing with. Speaking of which, congratulations on the clearing of your brother’s name.”

Pavon B Sannesley

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Dungeons | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse