Cryptic Conjuring -> Just A Check Up.
It is January 2077.
This month has highs of 6°C with lows into the minuses. The days are short with sunrise at 9am and sunset at 4pm. Snow is likely as is the wind that often accompanies it.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Rating

Click for Explanation
Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Amber -
Global Admin

- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
Social Media

Tumblr

House Points
G
H

S
R
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Board Stats
M F NB
Adults 19 15 0
University 6 3 0
Hogwarts 12 20 0

Hogwarts
First Years 2
Second Years 1
Third Years 1
Fourth Years 5
Fifth Years 6
Sixth Years 11
Seventh Years 6

University
First Years
Second Years
Third Years
Fourth Years

Blood Status
Purebloods 26
Halfbloods 31
Muggleborns 13
Unknown 1
Squibs 1
House Elves 1
Vampires 1
Veelas 4
Werewolves 1
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Complete
New Poll

Just A Check Up., Cassie.
Remington woods
 Posted: Aug 1 2017, 11:48 PM
Remington woods
Group Icon
Chudley Cannons
Seeker
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Unknown
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
19-September 14

"So what you're saying is I need to figure out how to get knocked unconscious and at the same time making it look like it wasn't on purpose." Remington replied as he kept kidding about getting himself knocked out. "You sure are making this hard on me." He added teasing her slightly as if he was being serious some how. It was just fun to joke about like it was some reverse of those old muggle fairytales about a woman under a spell.

It was a refreshing change to see Cassie talk so freely. Before she always seemed so worried and just focused on saying the right thing but now during an actually conversation it was much more freely than before. He also was happy she wasn't mad or sad about his comment on death. "You are the smart one around here after all." Remington added teasing Cassie slightly.

"Maybe not forget me but if they remember half the trouble I caused while I was there I'm sure they would think twice about hiring me. Quidditch professional or not." Remington wouldn't have hired himself at Hogwarts given his past but by the time that was even an option no one would remember how much trouble he caused. Remington never thought much about having a family, if it happened it happened is what he thought even now as Cassie brought it up. "Who knows what I'll be doing that far in the future honestly. Well maybe a seer but still." He added with a laugh as he wasn't sure what the future that far held but he could wait to find out.

"Well your welcome for the words, use them on anyone you want." Honestly he knew he had said that to her it was just so funny to have her say it back to him, even after being apart for sometime. Cassie explained how she was free later this evening which was fine with him. "I've got all the time in the world for awhile. When you're on one of the lowest ranked teams you don't have to worry about the World Cup matches and after that the season is over anyway." Remington explained why he had so much time for awhile. "Aside from the training just to stay in shape that's about it but even that isn't too often."

"Now you didn't say anything about not doing something stupid, I make no promises there. I've never needed to be drunk to do something stupid." Remington was only slightly kidding as he said that, plenty of things could be considered stupid to some people but he was just having fun. "

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Cassie Eckloe
 Posted: Aug 2 2017, 01:44 PM
Cassie Eckloe
Group Icon
2nd Year
Healing
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Unaffiliated
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
10-September 14

Cassie laughed and shook her head. “Yeah, sure. That’s exactly what I’m saying.” Had he always been this silly? “Oh, I’m glad. It’s my mission in life to make you injuring yourself difficult.” Well, she’d take what she could get, joking or not.

“Of course I’m the smart one,” she nodded. “I’ve studied way too much not to be. That’s what I’ve been doing while you’ve been avoiding death by bludger in the pursuit of your snitch.” She was teasing him back and having fun doing it.

“If they remember the trouble you got into, the turnover isn’t as high as I thought,” Cassie told him. “I hear there are very few teachers from when I was there, even less than when you were.” It was kind of sad in a way. She did understand that some teachers burned out pretty quickly, having so many children to watch out for for ten months out of a year. Some of them weren’t in the right profession anyway. “Well, I’ll be interested to see what all you do find yourself capable of.” She tilted her head thoughtfully. “If a team with better standings ever offered you a job, would you take it?” She had never known if he’d gone with the Cannons because of loyalty or because they were the ones to take him onto the team.

“I work in a hospital. I will be working in a hospital for the foreseeable future. I really don’t think I’ll be able to use those words on anyone else,” she laughed. “But if you’re free for a while, you should take advantage of that. See old friends and all. Are you sure you’ll have time for me? Even just this evening?” She was halfway between serious and joking. While he had come to see her, she was sure he had other people he’d like to spend time with as well. She didn’t want take up all his time, nor did she expect him to drop anything or everything for her whenever she did have time outside of her job.

“Oh, I know. But I also know that alcohol makes the stupid happen more often and worse.”

Remington woods

--------------------

Thanks Courtney!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Remington woods
 Posted: Aug 4 2017, 12:41 AM
Remington woods
Group Icon
Chudley Cannons
Seeker
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Unknown
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
19-September 14

"Yes but I'm not dead yet so you have to admit I'm pretty good at it so far." Remington said with a laugh as he was enjoying Cassie freely teasing him. When they where together it was mostly him making the jokes. It almost felt like he was picking on her, which he never would but she never returned the teasing so it was all one sided then.

"That's true so I might just be in luck and only the school portraits and ghosts will remember me." He said with a quick laugh, he couldn't see many professors staying there that long either but some seemed to make it a lifetime job but those were rare. As Cassie asked him about if another team asked him to join would he take it. He had always been a Cannons fan and still would be it was going to be a lot of work to get the team in shape to be anything above where they were yet still he had become friends with the team. "It would have to be something special, I'm not shooting down the idea completely but I'm happy with where I am and the people I play with." Remington explained the best he could how he felt, he didn't want to abandon the team but he wouldn't deny being involved in the World Cup was tempting if the offer came along.

"True you'll be working at a hospital for some time but that doesn't mean you won't have a personal life. You'll meet some boy you might be brave enough to flirt with and you can use them then. The words worked for me." Remington laughed but thinking after he said it the idea of Cassie flirting with another man didn't sit right with Remington. Probably the feelings he still had for her but he had no right to have those feelings now. Even if he only broke up with her for her own good he was the one to break up with her still. "I'll have plenty of time for all that, you let me worry about how to manage my time. I'm sure I can squeeze you in for this evening and other times if your schedule allows. You are the busy healer and university girl after all."

"Thanks for admitting I don't need help to make stupid decisions." He added teasing her slightly on what she said for a second. "But I know and have seen what you mean. I'll keep all my stupid ideas to when I'm sober."

Cassie Eckloe

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Cassie Eckloe
 Posted: Aug 4 2017, 12:09 PM
Cassie Eckloe
Group Icon
2nd Year
Healing
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Unaffiliated
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
10-September 14

“I’ll give you that one,” Cassie giggled, as Remington pointed out that he wasn’t dead yet. She didn’t say how happy she was about that.

“You’d be a great flying teacher, no matter who remembers you and who doesn’t.” She couldn’t put her finger on why she thought that, but she did. “Well, if you’re happy, then that’s what matters.” She had always believed that being happy was the most important achievement in life and she couldn’t see that changing anytime soon. Her father had told her from the time she was young that her mother said that as long as one was happy they could weather anything. Cassie had taken those words to heart.

“Personal life?” she laughed. “What is that?” She shook her head. As long as she was working at the hospital, she knew everything else would come second, including having a personal life. Besides, it wasn’t like she was a social butterfly anyway. “I doubt I’d meet anyone who would want to flirt with me and have it lead to anything. I don’t have time for that now and I doubt I’ll take the time for it later.” Not to mention that she did still have feelings for him, even though she’d tucked them away in her heart. He had been her first love. How could she not still care about him? She knew that they’d never end up back together. Otherwise, why would he have broken up with her completely and then avoided her except through the occasional letter? “Well, this busy healer is almost finished with her lunch break. So, do you really want to get together for dinner?” If he did, they needed to make a quick plan.

“Why would you need help with that? I have met you,” she teased back. “Stupid sober is usually safer than stupid drunk,” she nodded, “so I do appreciate it.” She checked the time again. “I need to get back to work for a couple of hours. But I’ll see you tonight?”

Remington woods

--------------------

Thanks Courtney!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Remington woods
 Posted: Aug 10 2017, 12:01 AM
Remington woods
Group Icon
Chudley Cannons
Seeker
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Unknown
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
19-September 14

"Well I'm glad you'd think so, I'd like to think I could teach one day but it takes a special person with a lot of patience to deal with the people like me when I was a kid." Remington said with a smile as he remembered once more to how much of a headache he was probably was in his first flying class at Hogwarts. He was already obsessed with Quidditch then too and was already trying to preform moves he had no idea how to pull of as soon as he got the broom. "I feel the same way." Agreeing with the idea that as long as someone was happy that was what was important.

"Still you might not have much of a personal life now but that doesn't mean you won't have one later." He explained as Cassie had seemed to have completely written of having a personal life. "You say that but your a beautiful woman with a lot to offer, I know there are plenty of people out there dying for the chance to flirt with you." Remington explained as the idea still didn't sit right with him of other guys but he also didn't want Cassie to give up on a personal life. "I didn't want you following me all around the world and not having your own life but I don't want to see you give up on a personal life all together." Remington tried to explain the best he could how he felt, hoping she found some balance between both. "Of course I do." Remington replied as she asked him about dinner once more.

"I think I'm starting to like the new playful Cassie even more." Remington teased her back as she freely called him out for doing stupid things. "I'll let you get back to saving lives than beautiful and I wouldn't miss it for the world." Remington answered her getting up from the table, it was nice to see her once more but this was just her lunch break after all and her work was important. "I can find my way out from here so you can get back to the people that need you."

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Cassie Eckloe
 Posted: Aug 10 2017, 07:07 PM
Cassie Eckloe
Group Icon
2nd Year
Healing
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Unaffiliated
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
10-September 14

“You have the patience,” Cassie replied to Remington. As far as she’d seen, he really did have patience. Maybe not endless, but he had a lot. He’d shown it by how he dealt with her and her shyness many times.

“Later is later,” she told him. “And I don’t really have the time to worry about later.” She really didn’t see herself trying to have some kind of social life. It had never been something she’d gone out of her way to find before either. “You just think I’m beautiful, but you see what you want to see.” She didn’t see anything special when she looked in the mirror. She was just…Cassie. That was it. Nothing really stuck out when she looked. “But if they’re dying to flirt with me, they’ll be in the right place,” she joked. Like anyone other than him had ever flirted with her. He did have some crazy ideas at times. She nodded as he explained why he’d broken up with her. “I know, and I understand better now than I did then. But I’m not giving up anything really. I’ve just…gone back to how I was before I knew you. I never really had a personal life then and I just don’t have time for one now.” She shrugged, not knowing how else to tell him that her life, or lack of one, wasn’t his fault. She did smile as he said, again, that he was up for dinner later that night.

“Well, I’m glad you like me,” she laughed. She nodded when he said he’d let her get back to work. “Thanks. And I’ll see you tonight.” She gave him directions to her room so they could meet up easily. “I’ll look forward to it.” She leaned towards him and gave him another hug. “It really as nice of you to come and surprise me.”

Remington woods

--------------------

Thanks Courtney!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | St. Mungo's | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Complete
New Poll