Cryptic Conjuring -> Cousins United
It is January 2077.
This month has highs of 6°C with lows into the minuses. The days are short with sunrise at 9am and sunset at 4pm. Snow is likely as is the wind that often accompanies it.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Rating

Click for Explanation
Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Amber -
Global Admin

- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
Social Media

Tumblr

House Points
G
H

S
R
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Board Stats
M F NB
Adults 18 15 0
University 6 3 0
Hogwarts 12 20 0

Hogwarts
First Years 2
Second Years 1
Third Years 1
Fourth Years 5
Fifth Years 6
Sixth Years 11
Seventh Years 6

University
First Years
Second Years
Third Years
Fourth Years

Blood Status
Purebloods 26
Halfbloods 30
Muggleborns 13
Unknown 1
Squibs 1
House Elves 1
Vampires 1
Veelas 4
Werewolves 1
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Add Reply

Cousins United, Cecily / Poppy
Poppy Burke
 Posted: Aug 2 2017, 07:13 PM
Poppy Burke
Group Icon
5th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
2-August 17

"It most certainly is not fair, Nero. If you hadn't gone and grown up you'd be just as annoyed as I." Poppy whined at her older brother as they walked the path to the university. "I don't see why Cecily and I couldn't have spent our day in my room. We wouldn't get in the way."

At her brother's disbelieving scoff Poppy glared at him. "Oh shut up you." She sped up trying to get away from the annoyance that he often was but he was faster. No matter how hard she worked her legs he kept pace. Annoying.

When they reached the university gates both stopped and looked around. Poppy had told her cousin they should meet at the gates. It saved wasted time with them both wandering the grounds looking for the other. Looking through the gates Poppy's feelings of irritation only grew. Normally she quite liked camp but normally she was not forced to come. Being forced apparently made all the difference.

She turned back to Nero ready to take some frustrations out on him when she saw Cecily walking up the path behind. "Cecily!" She called out to her cousin cheerfully. It wasn't her younger cousins fault that the adults in the family had choosen to be mean. They were in this together.

As soon as she was close enough Poppy threw her arms round the younger girl. A normal greeting from her to Cecily. "Nero's a traitor today. Bye Nero." She stuck her tongue out at her brother who shook his head with a laugh. He said his goodbyes to both before turning and walking away.

Poppy didn't waste a moment watching him but instead led the way into the grounds. "Have you ever been to camp before?" She had deliberately not mentioned her quite drastic change in appearance. A change that thanks to the changing of the Burke nose made the cousins appear more similar than before.

Cecily Carrow

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks to G for the set!
OWL
^
Cecily Carrow
 Posted: Aug 2 2017, 07:28 PM
Cecily Carrow
Group Icon
First Year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
2-August 17

Cecily was kind of excited to be heading off to camp. She hadn’t been old enough before this summer to go. It was going to be a whole new experience. And best of all, her favorite cousin was going to be there! It had only been a week or so since they’d seen each other last, but to Cecily, that was almost a lifetime!

Her grandfather had apparated her close to the University and had given her strict instruction to walk straight to the gate and then wait on her cousins. She’d nodded solemnly, trying not to let a grin break out on her face.

As soon as her grandfather had apparated away, she couldn’t help it. She broke into a run. She just couldn’t wait to get there! She was going to camp and she was going to spend the day with Poppy! Life just couldn’t get better. Well, not until she was finally able to go to school anyway.

When she spotted her cousins waiting on her, she slowed to a walk, hoping they hadn’t noticed her running. She didn’t want them to tease her. Well, Poppy could, but she didn’t like it when Nero teased her much. Her grin widened as Poppy called out to her. “Poppy!” she called back, speeding up to a trot.

Cecily ran right into Poppy’s arms for a hug. Squeezing back, she whispered, “I missed you.” A week during the summer was a long time, considering that they saw each other every few days normally. But, Cecily’s parents had been home for the week, so she was spending time with them.

She giggled as Poppy told her about Nero. “Bad Nero,” Cecily added, sticking her tongue out at him too. If Poppy did it, it must be okay. “Bye, Nero!” she waved.

Cecily hoped Poppy wouldn’t mind when she grabbed her hand so they wouldn’t get separated. She shook her head to the question. “No, I haven’t. I wasn’t old enough before this summer.” Getting a good look at her cousin, Cecily smiled. “You look like me now. I like it.” She looked around, not wanting to say much more about the change in looks while out in public. “So, what’s it like here?”

Poppy Burke

--------------------

Thanks, Ophie!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Poppy Burke
 Posted: Aug 3 2017, 09:44 PM
Poppy Burke
Group Icon
5th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
2-August 17

Poppy was as delighted as Cecily when her name was shouted out happily in greeting. Cecily wasn't just her cousin but her closest of friends. The one person she always felt comfortable with.

"I missed you too." She spoke as they kept their hug going. Then when they'd broken from one another she smiled as she added. "I hope your parents don't make a habit of splitting us up." It was another unfairness of this summer that Cecily had been taken from her. Which was how Poppy seen it. Of course they always spent days apart but never a whole week at once! That was uncalled for.

The older girl beamed when Cecily said she liked her new look. "I like it too. Mummy didn't until I pointed out that I look slightly more Carrow than Burke now." She giggled. "Thank Merlin for Mummy's family pride." In all honesty Poppy didn't understand her parents initial reactions to her changes. Wasn't she just using her magic? Something they usually encouraged.

"It's good too knowing how far I've come with my abilities." She giggled again as the girl's walked along and looped her arm through Cecily's. "Remember when all I could do was change the colour of my hair and make my bum larger?" As fun as that had been to do Poppy was happy with her progress, happy that she was closer to disguising herself completely. That could come in very useful in future.

"It's good actually." She answered her cousins question. "There are a lot of different activities to try or they let people do their own thing. There's this great weeping willow. It's huge and you can go right under it into the shade. It's lovely." She looked around herself to see if there was anyone she should introduce her cousin too. Then she remembered the best thing about camp. "Oh and you can do magic here as long as you don't duel."

"Do you have your wand?" She asked quickly realising that since she wasn't at school yet Cecily hadn't had the whole keep your wand upon your person lecture yet.

Cecily Carrow

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks to G for the set!
OWL
^
Cecily Carrow
 Posted: Aug 3 2017, 10:10 PM
Cecily Carrow
Group Icon
First Year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
2-August 17

Cecily couldn’t have wiped the smile off her face if she’d tried when Poppy confirmed that she’d missed her too. “They won’t. They left again late last night. They stayed long enough to tuck me in at Grandfather’s,” she rolled her eyes. She knew her parents loved her, despite the lack of time they spent with her. When they were around, they did all those parent things, even though Cecily felt that she was now too old to be tucked in at night.

“You do look more like a Carrow,” Cecily told her older cousin. “We look like we could be sisters instead of cousins,” she giggled. She really liked that her favorite cousin looked more like her now. “Why wouldn’t your parents have liked it though? You look so pretty!” While Cecily thought her cousin had looked pretty before, she knew that Poppy hadn’t thought so. It was why she was gushing so much because of how Poppy had responded.

“You’re so lucky. I wish I had it too.” While she wasn’t green with envy, she was a bit put out that Poppy had gotten the ability and she didn’t. Why couldn’t they both have inherited it? That would have made it so much better! “I remember. I thought Grandfather was going to pass out when you came over with rainbow hair and a bum that could double as a table,” Cecily giggled.

“It sounds like so much fun!” If nothing else, Cecily’s perkiness would always show through her personality. “What are we going to do today?” Of course, never having been to camp before, there was no way Cecily could suggest anything. She would be perfectly happy following her cousin around though. “We can do magic here?” The part about dueling didn’t phase her. She didn’t know how to do any of that yet anyway.

“Of course I have my wand, silly,” she laughed as she pulled it from her sleeve. “I don’t think I’ve put it down other than when I sleep since I got it. And even then, I sleep with it under my pillow.” Didn’t everyone do that when they first got their wands?

Poppy Burke

--------------------

Thanks, Ophie!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Poppy Burke
 Posted: Aug 10 2017, 06:11 PM
Poppy Burke
Group Icon
5th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
2-August 17

"Good" Poppy replied curtly. She knew it was selfish. Of course Cecily should spend time with her parents and Poppy should be pleased for her and she was. She was just also a bit sad for herself who missed her cousin. Still things were about to get better, she and Cecily would finally be at school together. Poppy wouldn't expect they'd spend everyday together - they'd both need their space. She was happy though that there would no longer be gaps in their social time that lasted months.

Poppy had to have a moment of thought before she answered. "Well, they've always told me I'm perfect as I was. It did seem they were upset that I didn't like myself. But really," she paused to roll her eyes. "I only didn't like my nose and my hair was kind of boring. And who knows, maybe the way I looked wasn't how I was supposed to anyway. Mummy and Daddy did once tell me I would change my appearance a lot as a baby."

"I wish you had it too." The girl genuinely did. It would be useful for her in later life, even more useful if she could have had an ally with the same ability. Poppy's giggle joined Cecily's. As annoying as it had been when she was younger to randomly change in appearance it was a great deal of fun sometimes too.

The older girl shrugged in answer to the question. "I haven't had a chance to see what's on today. Let's walk to where they usually hold the defence lessons. It isn't very far." It was usually an Auror teaching the class, Poppy had heard her parents speak one night of how pleased they were that Aurors were giving the children tips. Poppy found herself in agreement. "Yes! It's treated just like school, mostly the same rules."

"You'd be surprised." Poppy told her. "Some people just leave their wands lying around... even people who've had them for years. You'll find out in Defence Against the Dark Arts." The images from the pages were burned into Poppy's mind. Images of people who hadn't taken magic seriously, had left their wand unattended or stored in a silly place and the worst had happened.

As they kept on their way Poppy ensured their course was set for the spot the Aurors always set up. She hoped there was one there that day. They didn't even have to join in, she'd often enjoyed watching from the sidelines and she learned a thing or two doing it.

Cecily Carrow

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks to G for the set!
OWL
^
Cecily Carrow
 Posted: Aug 10 2017, 09:19 PM
Cecily Carrow
Group Icon
First Year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
2-August 17

Cecily giggled at Poppy. Even though she liked spending time with her parents, she had missed her cousin. “I’ll miss them, but I missed you too.” It had been a strange week really.

“Well then, who are they to say anything?” Cecily asked loyally. She didn’t mind her aunt and uncle loving Poppy as she had been, but it was a lot better for Cecily to see Poppy happy with herself. It made her happy, and Cecily was more than happy about how much they looked alike now.

She grinned when her cousin didn’t seem to mind that Cecily felt a bit envious. But she and Poppy had always understood each other and Cecily hoped that never changed.

“Okay,” Cecily replied happily as Poppy suggested defense lessons. Cecily would follow Poppy anywhere. But that was what a younger cousin did to the older cousin. No one had seemed upset about it. If anything, most of the family was amused by how much Cecily would try to do everything Poppy did. It was like having an older sister, but they never fought. “So, what are the rules? I don’t want to break any by accident.” If it was on purpose, that was one thing. But she really didn’t want to do it out of ignorance.

Cecily couldn’t believe what she was hearing. How could someone just leave their wand lying around any old place? She was sure if she even thought about it, she’d be in as much trouble as if she’d actually done it. “How can they do that?” she asked rhetorically. She would never do something so stupid. Even so, she made sure that her wand was right where she’d said it was, just to be safe.

As they walked, Cecily had one worry, and finally decided to speak it. “Poppy? What if I’m not in Slytherin? Will the family be mad at me? Or worse? And will you still spend time with me even if I’m not in your house?”

Poppy Burke

--------------------

Thanks, Ophie!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Poppy Burke
 Posted: Aug 23 2017, 09:42 AM
Poppy Burke
Group Icon
5th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
2-August 17

"Exactly." Poppy agreed. "And really, if they had the ability they'd do it to. Just about everyone would." There weren't many people in the world completely happy with their own appearance as far as Poppy could tell. Perhaps their changes wouldn't be as noticeable as her but she was sure that almost everyone on the planet would change something they didn't like about themselves.

"Oh just the usual silly ones really. No fighting, no bullying, no running in corridors, stay away from the trees..." she waved her hand in the direction of them. "No dueling. Ever." Really Poppy had forgotten a lot of the rules. She wasn't much of a troublemaker herself, not really, not when her brother wasn't around being a bad influence. Many rules wouldn't even be accidentally broken in her case.

Poppy shrugged lazily, "They're stupid and they don't give magic the respect it demands. Really it's their own fault if they end up with an extra bottom on their heads." She giggled then as the image of a man in just such an embarrassing situation popped into her own head.

At Cecily's question Poppy stopped short. She kept a hold of her cousins hand but stared at her without seeing. The thought had never entered Poppy's mind. She just assumed that since she and Cecily were so much alike that naturally they'd be in the same House. But what if they weren't? As she thought it over her ears began to change though she was not making it happen. They became pointed with the point poking through her hair that she'd left down. Even as the point appeared to sharpen further the skin there started turning a bright, hot pink.

It was a sign of her emotional turmoil and something she had no control over. She could train her face to stay blank, keep her body language in check but there was not a thing she could do about her metamorphmagus abilities showing her up and giving the game away. But this was Cecily wasn't it - her favourite person in the whole world. She even liked Cecily more than she like Nero which should have been amazing given that she and Nero had been as close as siblings could be since Poppy could crawl.

Would it really matter? Would she think different of her Cecily? Maybe someone else but no, not Cecily, never Cecily.

She smiled then, the inner turmoil of her thoughts cooling down as her ears slowly took a more natural form again. Poppy smiled and slung an arm around her little cousin's shoulders. "I'll always want to spend time with you." Poppy stated. "And the family won't be mad." She wouldn't mention that they may be disappointed. "If you're in a different house we can go to the library at the weekend, I'm positive we'll find a Carrow or Burke who wasn't in Slytherin and that'll shut the family up."

For none of them would get to say a bad word to Cecily while Poppy was around. They'd get the sharp end of her tongue if they even thought of daring to do such a thing. "As long as you're not a Gryffindor." The older girl joked as she slipped her arms from around her cousin and took her hand.

Cecily Carrow

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks to G for the set!
OWL
^
Cecily Carrow
 Posted: Aug 27 2017, 08:08 PM
Cecily Carrow
Group Icon
First Year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
2-August 17

“I don’t think I would change anything,” Cecily replied thoughtfully. “I like how I look. I like it even more now that you look more like me. Except for the hair, of course. I wonder if anyone will think we’re sisters instead of cousins?” Cecily knew that she might change her mind in the future about her features, though she wasn’t sure that she would. But as she grew, she there might be something she didn’t like. For example, if her nose grew faster than the rest of her, she’d want that fixed.

“Why do we have to stay away from the trees? What if I wanted to climb one?” She didn’t really want to climb a tree, but she would have appreciated the option. “The rest of them make sense, I guess. If they want people to come to camp, they can’t let people be miserable. But no dueling? Not even if they bring in a dueling teacher?” Wouldn’t learning how to duel be an exception to that rule?

She giggled at Poppy’s description of how something could go wrong. “I don’t think I want to see that,” she said. “Bottoms should be covered and that would be hard to do if it was on a head.” But she did think that anyone who didn’t respect magic and willingly left their wand lying around didn’t deserve to have it.

Cecily took a step away from Poppy as Poppy’s ears and hair changed when she’d asked her question. She was scared of the answer. What if Poppy wouldn’t like her if she was put in a different house? What if she lost her best friend? Poppy would never be able to escape being her cousin, but if they weren’t friends, then what would they be?

When Poppy stayed quiet, thinking of the possibility, Cecily started feeling scared. It wasn’t a feeling she liked, nor was it familiar. She’d never really been scared of anything. She’d been protected from outside danger and she’d been taught not to fear silly things. She didn’t think this was something silly to fear though.

Then Poppy seemed to calm and she went back to her old ears and new red hair. Cecily grinned in relief as Poppy put an arm around her. She breathe out a sigh that she hadn’t been aware of holding in. “I’m glad I won’t lose my best friend,” she whispered, hugging Poppy back. “I hope you’re right about the rest of the family though. I guess Ravenclaw wouldn’t be too bad. At least they’d be happy that I’m smart.” She had no idea what the family would say if she became a Gryffindor. That was probably the one house that she’d be disowned over. Maybe she was exaggerating, but she didn’t think so. “Okay, Poppy. Thank you,” she replied to the offer of doing some family research.

“I don’t think I could be a Gryffindor,” Cecily replied. “I know I’m not a scared little mouse, but I’m not recklessly brave either. And I do still have a healthy sense of self-preservation.” That self-preservation instinct would probably go out the window if it was Poppy in danger, but other than that, she was pretty sure she would be fine.

Poppy Burke

--------------------

Thanks, Ophie!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Poppy Burke
 Posted: Sep 2 2017, 11:56 AM
Poppy Burke
Group Icon
5th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
2-August 17

"If they do we won't worry ourselves with correcting them." Poppy smiled. It could be fun if people thought them sisters.

"The creatures of course!" The girl was actually quite shocked that Cecily didn't know that. The creatures in the forest weren't a secret afterall, everyone knew about them. She smiled though as she added. "There's trees dotted around the grounds for climbing." Of course Poppy never climbed trees herself but preferred to sit beneath them cooling in the shade. "Well yes, if an adult is instructing us to cast duelling spells then we can but that's different. The adult know what they're doing" or so they said "and they usually know basic healing spells for if someone messes up."

Poppy giggled more as Cecily made her comment about people with bums on their heads. It really was a funny image and one she'd keep in the back of her mind incase she might need cheering up.

"You'll never lose me, Cecily. You're my best friend too, remember?" Poppy didn't have many people outside of her family, she didn't actually feel like she needed any people outside of her family. She knew she would one day when she was older and got married but for now her own family would do her just fine. "I am right. You'll see." Poppy told her cousin with conviction. "Just don't worry about it." The last thing she wanted was for Cecily to miss all the fun of finally getting to Hogwarts because she was worrying.

"It's funny that more of them don't get into serious trouble with their stupid bravery." The girl scoffed. They'd reached the place they wanted to be and as Poppy suspected there were blankets on the ground for people to watch. She sat on the one nearest the tree, in it's shade and waited for Cecily to sit beside her. "Though if we were braver we might have hidden out at my house today and stopped the adults from leaving us out." She pouted but she wasn't serious. She was quickly finding that spending the day with just Cecily was preferable to being in the company of the boring adults anyway.

***End Thread***

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks to G for the set!
OWL
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Summer Camp | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse