Cryptic Conjuring -> The Ballroom
It is May 2077.
High temps reach 14°C while the lows stay nice at 7°C. Day begins at 5.30am and ends with sunset at 9pm. Rain is an almost constant with dry days being mostly clouded over.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
House Points
G
H

R
S
Board Stats
M F
Adults 19 12
University 3 1
Hogwarts 14 12

Hogwarts
First Years 0
Second Years 1
Third Years 1
Fourth Years 5
Fifth Years 4
Sixth Years 11
Seventh Years 4

Hogwarts Houses
Gryffindors 7
Hufflepuffs 6
Ravenclaws 5
Slytherins 8

University
First Years 2
Second Years 2
Third Years 0
Fourth Years 0

Blood Status
Purebloods 22
Halfbloods 20
Muggleborns 12
Unknown 2
Squibs 1
Vampires 1
Veelas 4
Fey 1
Werewolves 0
Changeling 0
Social Media

Tumblr

Rating

Click for Explanation
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Complete
New Poll

The Ballroom, Open to All Attendees
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Jan 16 2018, 09:24 PM

As soon as she was amongst the crowd Maz was regretting moving away from the woman without a word. Not only did she not know what she was supposed to do she was buzzing, jittery. As soon as she had finished singing and realised she had done the nerves left but a burst of adrenaline took its place. She kept turning in half circles. Merlin she needed a drink.

She didn’t know what she’d been looking for but a drink was what she found. It was easy to take it from the hand of someone as she passed. Only the most hostile were staring glares at her, more were averting their eyes. After taking a sip Maz screwed up her face. “Whit kind eh man drinks gin?” she asked herself before drinking down what was left in the glass.

Coming across a woman who had what looked like a vodka and lime Maz was quick. “Here ye go there hen.” She pushed the empty glass into the lady’s free hand. “Oh an’ thank you very much. Don’t mind if ah do.” She took the other glass from the woman. “What a kind soul ye are.” She spoke as she walked away quickly then laughed.

It was vodka in the glass Maz was pleased to find. She carried on her way drinking as she did. She kept glancing around searching for something but not knowing what. The nasty looks cast in her direction were easily ignored and with no remarks aimed at her she had no reason to fly off the handle. A shame really because she knew a good scrap would be great right about then. It would burn some of the energy off a nice scrappy fight. There was nothing quite like it.

“Guys!” She happily shouted as soon as she spotted Tim and the others. “Yo-ho!” Maz bounce walked over drinking what remained in the glass on the way. “Anybody fancy a race?” She asked her question straight away. “Am high as a f**kin’ kite. It hit me like BAM!” She hit her own chest. “F**ck! Harder than ah meant there.” She rubbed where she’d hit. “So aye, racin’! Whit aboot it?” Instead of standing still Maz bounced on her toes.

“Ah jist… ah need tae dae some’hin. Am totally ready tae do it… whitever it is, s’long as it’s fast and… like… kindae… busy!” A man walking behind her soon found his hand empty as Maz has slipped his glass from it. A passing woman was given the empty glass. “Well thank you kind lady. Whit a very well-mannered person ye are.” The woman walked away, clearly bewildered. Maz continued to bounce while she got busy draining her latest drink - rum and blackcurrant. It didn’t really matter, the mood she was in she’d drink anything alcoholic.

“We could climb some’hin’!” She said louder than intended the thought having just sprang on her. “Climbin’s busy as f**k.” The giddiness was not lessening any.

Lottie Cane

--------------------
user posted image
-Mega thanks to Court for the set-
OWL
^
Lottie Cane
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 04:49 PM

The sight of Maz entering on a broom was just a wonderous thing and it was a shame that it wasn't getting the appreciation that it should. If she thought she could get away with it, or think it would help, she would have sent a few cheering charms into the throng of adults. At least that way Maz would get the reaction that she deserved, it definitely took a lot to get up on a stage and sing in front of an audience who, the majority of, seemed to want you off stage.

Lottie cheered along with her friends when Maz finally finished singing. She was actually a really good singer and Lottie was pleased that she had been there to witness it. She hoped that Maz heard their group cheering for her, though with the silence it wouldn't be too hard for it to travel to the stage.

As she went to reply to Tim, wishing to go with him to do the same, she was stopped in her tracks by the presence of Maz herself. With a small squeak at being suddenly confronted by the girl she took a step back, only to grin when Maz finally made her way through the crowd to get to them properly.

"A race?" She repeated. Maz had just gone on stage to sing and now she wished to race the rest of them around the house? She wasn't against having some fun with the group but it did seem to be a huge jump between singing and now. As she continued speaking it began to make a bit more sense and Lottie felt the corner of her mouth tugging up into a grin. It would be fun to get out and have some fun around the house, or outside, wherever there was space.

A thought struck her and once Maz had taken a pause she voiced her idea. "What about a race on brooms? If there are some spare?" It would be fast and busy and they could still race. It'd be fun and seeing Maz on the broom had caused her to want to do something similar, it had been too long since she, herself, had gotten onto a broom just for fun.

Lottie glanced at the rest of her group as Maz switched from racing to climbing. She wasn't too sure she would be able to climb anything in the shoes she was wearing, having been told by her grandma that she wasn't allowed to wear her trainers. "What would we be climbing?" She hesitatingly asked, mildly afraid of the answer.

Timothy Morrigan
Amber Elison
Gideon Fawkes
Maz Cowan

--------------------

user posted image
~Thanks G for the amazing set!~
Other Characters:

OWL
^
Gideon Fawkes
 Posted: Jan 21 2018, 08:26 PM

When Maz swooped into the Ballroom on the broom Gideon cheered and jumped. It was so cool! He’d have loved to fly around the room, he’d just love to be allowed to fly inside. Tim was right, there was no way Maz would ever do a runner.

The ghosts appeared and Gideon, like a couple of others nearby ‘Oooh’ed’. It was a brilliant effect, the silvery sheen off the ghosts somehow fitting he felt. Then they and the band started to play and Gideon was amazed for a moment that the instruments sounded normal before telling himself that magic must obviously have been used. By the time Maz started singing he was hooked. It was beautiful the music and her voice both together. He smiled happily while he watched the girl giving it her all. It was clear she when she started enjoying herself and Gideon was pleased for her. He had to believe that even for someone like Maz singing in front of all these people would be nerve-wracking. Even his own heart double-beat at the thought of her doing it. Good on her he thought.

He had meant to clap and cheer when she was finished but he’d been so taken with it all that his hands just didn’t. As soon as Mr Morrigan started clapping Gideon snapped out of it and clapped loudly too. He cheered as well as loud as he could.

Tim started making his way through the crowd and Gideon hurried behind him. He’d like to congratulate Maz too, though he doubted he’d manage it.
When she bounced her way over to them Gideon backed up a step. He liked Maz, she was one of few people he enjoyed bumping into in the castle. Sometimes though she was too much. He still liked her but he didn’t know how to act around her. This was one of those times.

He watched open mouth as first she suggested a race and then changed her mind to climbing, all while bouncing. A most distracting thing to do around a boy who’d only just noticed the nice bits on girl’s. Gideon realised he was staring, shot his eyes to the floor but kept stealing glances. He was stuck in a circle silently scalding himself while his cheeks took a pinkish sheen.

When Lottie had suggested broom-racing Gideon had looked at her as though she were mad. You didn’t encourage a person in Maz’s state. For clearly she was on some high like she said. She was more hyper than Gideon had ever encountered her before.

Asking what they’d be climbing was more encouragement but Gideon couldn’t help himself. Once it was asked he had to know. He looked to Maz, keeping his eyes on her face.

Timothy Morrigan
Amber Elison
Lottie Cane

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Courtney for the set
OWLHowler
^
Isla Greengrass
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 10:57 PM

Isla nodded, none if this was new information to her. She normally kept herself abreast of all the political dealings regardless of whether or not she actually participated in the pesky battles. "Do you know if there is any chance of turnover in the department? Perhaps some new people in charge?"

"You flatter me," She replied, giving Mr. Weasley a charming smile. Of course there were always going to be some people who disliked her articles, but most of the like minded people seemed to like her writing thus far. Which honestly was all that mattered. Who cared what pesky mudbloods and their ilk thought? No one cares what a monkey thinks about news; they only like when it dances to their music.

"Well we will definitely have to keep that from happening." Isla responded, a moue of distaste. The minister was tedious on the best of days and she would love nothing more than to simply have the prat removed. But alas that was not quite feasible just yet. "Well hopefully there will be a new leadership implemented."

Isla nodded. She understood what he meant. She herself were past what her mother had deemed marriageable age. Though the lack of suitable suitors played a large role in why Isla was not married just yet. Honestly, was it too much to ask for someone who disliked mudbloods as much as she did? Most of the people who she would have deemed suitable were already married or betrothed. "Well perhaps we can find you a good witch," she added with a wink. "Unless you are currently seeing someone?"

She listened to him as he explained what he managed as head of house. "Ever tree needs to be trimmed on occasion." Isla agreed. "What do you consider a more reasonable stance, if I may ask?" Her quill finally paused, awaiting it's next quote.

Arthur Weasley

--------------------

user posted image
I am the Architect of my own Disaster.
Other Characters:
OWL
^
Timothy Morrigan
 Posted: Jan 24 2018, 03:53 PM

The smile on Tim’s face brightened as Maz met them partway through the crowd. She’d come down off the stage quick enough as the next entertainer had started and for a second Tim had been frustrated that it looked like they were going to lose her in the crowd. Her overly enthusiastic greeting – and obvious adrenaline rush – made him laugh, and he teased, “I think that we can come up with something to help you work through some of that energy…”

Amber chuckled and shoved him before agreeing with Maz as the other girl lifted yet another drink from a passing partygoer, “A race sounds great – something to do and something to get us out of this crowd.”

“We could do brooms,” Tim offered at Lottie’s suggestion, “we have a bunch of them out in one of the storage sheds.”

Tim looked a bit more skeptical at the idea of climbing. Not that he didn’t think they could do it, but that they definitely weren’t dressed for it. In theory they could all go back upstairs and change, but somehow he doubted that Lady Selwyn or his grandfather would be all that understanding of the need to burn off some energy. The brooms would be bad enough, but if they actually just went and blew off the rest of the party…

“How about it Maz? We can head out, grab some brooms, and get some racing in. There’s enough trees on the grounds for a good obstacle course…”

Maz Cowan
Lottie Cane
Amber Elison
Gideon Fawkes

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Arthur Weasley
 Posted: Jan 24 2018, 04:52 PM

“There’s always a chance for turnover, but I wouldn’t hold my breath for any more,” Arthur answered with a shake of his head.

“Not since the new director was put in place a couple of months ago. Everyone seems to be pulling their own weight – and, other than me – they all seem quite eager to jump at the man’s every whim. Though, I suppose that’s what happens when the Minister replaces the Department Heads with yes-men.”

With a grin, he asked, “Is it still considered flattery if it’s true?”

While it would have been wonderful if Isla had some secret way to keep the Minister in check, he somehow doubted that would actually be the case. There was too much momentum behind the man now. That didn’t make it any less important for the Purebloods to try to throw up roadblocks, but they couldn’t let themselves get discouraged that they weren’t able to stop him outright.

“A proper Minister would be beyond welcome.”

“Hardly,” he answered her wink with a smile.

“My names make me unpopular among the proper crowds, and my beliefs fortunately make me anathema to the rest. I’m keeping my eye out, no doubt, but my options are severely limited.”

She wasn’t wrong – it had been a long time since anyone had bothered to clean up the Weasley family tree and he could honestly say that he was looking forward to it. With a nod he answered, “Of course – a more reasonable stance would be one that recognized the superiority and wonder of magical culture. One that upheld the traditions and history of our world and stopped trying to replace it with something for less impressive in the hopes of appeasing some muggles who seem to believe they have a right to our history.”

Isla Greengrass

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Maz Cowan
 Posted: Jan 25 2018, 12:02 PM

“You wish, Morrigan.” Maz responded to Tim before pointing at Amber to agree. “Whit she said way that shove anaw.”

“Brooms?” Maz pouted as she turned to Lottie. “Broo-ooooms?” She made an odd jittery movement then, a flick of the head as her shoulders shrugged. “Ah suppose so. Nae tryin’ eh see up mah dress since ah canne race side-on. Am talkin’ tae you, Morrigan!”

When Lottie enquired what they would be climbing Maz paused, her bouncing stopped. She turned in a circle to look around as she drained the last of the rum. A grin spread her lips. “That guy!” she pointed at the tallest, widest man in the room. “He’s f**kin’ massive! Look at him! He could eat a baby!” She turned back to her friends a look of amused glee on her face now. “Want tae find a baby an’ feed the monster?”

The man must have experienced that odd sensation when a person just knew they were being talked about. When Maz glanced back at him it was to find him staring at her. Bouncing on her toes once more she smiled her most winning smile. “Awright there, mister? Lookin’ fiiiiiiine!” She gave him two thumbs up. He smiled awkwardly then looked away.

“Aye, sounds grand.” She answered Tim, distracted again by the glass that was being carried their way. As soon as the man was close enough she swiped it from him, now she had one empty and one full glass in her hands. From the full glass she took a long drink and immediately handed it back to the man with a look of horror as she tried to hold the liquid in her mouth.

It wasn’t happening. She had to spit or she had to swallow. She couldn’t just stay as she was, she’d went too long hardly speaking as it was. There was one option. Maz swallowed and looked up. She counted in her head/ Three… Two… One! Her mouth she opened just in time for the blast of fire to escape it. She rounded on the man.

“Pure, undiluted FIREWHISKY! The f**k is wrong way you? Dae ye hate yer liver? Wiz it a bastard tae ye? The f**k you doin’ crazy man?” Maz pushed the other glass into his hand. “That’s illegal ye know, ya f**kin’ idiot.”

Dismissing the man she turned to the group. Her expression asking just what the man was on. Her wand she freed from its sheath , her head she tipped back again and held her wand above. “Augumenti! It was a simple spell and the water was so good gushing into her mouth, down her throat taking the burning away

“Right ‘mon then afore ah f**k mah liver. Gideon!” It was as if she’d just spotted the boy when of course she hadn’t. “You must be really hatin’ this, eh.” She smiled at the younger student. “Yer find way me kiddo.” Maz threw an arm around the nervous boys shoulder as they started to make their way through the crowd.

***Exit Gideon, Lottie, Maz and Tim***

--------------------
user posted image
-Mega thanks to Court for the set-
OWL
^
Caspian Lanchester
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 12:13 PM

“Not at all.” Caspian confessed. “I expected something cheeky, honestly. If not downright obscene just to see the shock on peoples’ faces.” Grinning, he very much would have liked to see that but he couldn’t say he was disappointed with what she had sung either. “I didn’t even know she sang, actually.”

The answer to Keenan’s next question was answered by Lady Selwyn’s announcement of a short break. This seemed an opportune moment to further inquire about the bits in jars story which Caspian didn’t seem able to let go. He really was curious to find out but his moment to ask was interrupted by the arrival of Lady Selwyn.

Caspian straightening himself up a little in her presence. “Indeed we are.” He answered for the both of them, “We were just saying what fine a performance we were treated to just now.”

“On behalf of myself and my parents I would like to extend our sincere gratitude and appreciation for the invitation to be part of the festivities. You have outdone yourself, Lady Selwyn. Truly spectacular. Thank you.” He inclined his head in a formal bow to pay respect to the elder witch. The formalities and decorums of pureblood gatherings were a little ridiculous and stick-up-the-arse-y in Caspian's opinion but it was also a tradition he thought ought to be preserved, and it might strike as something of a surprise but he was actually a willing participant when the situation called for it.

“My mother is particularly impressed with the flower arrangements.” He continued with a smile, “‘Rivals the beauty of a spring meadow in Bayern’, she says.”

“Am I correct to assume they are your own creations?” Whilst he had never actually been inside her flower shop in Hogsmeade only an absolute dimwit would be unaware of its existence. Lady Selwyn was quite famous for her flowers.

Drucilla Selwyn / [Keenan Marsden]

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Keenan Marsden
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 08:20 PM

“Well her father was talented too. Though I don’t think he ever sang quite like that.” Keenan added his thoughts.

Mrs Selwyn appeared and Keenan wanted to disappear. She was an intimidating woman and it had been his misfortune to have found himself on her wrong side recently. Not his fault of course. Some customers had gotten into her garden and… well, drunk people and gardens do not mix well. The lady had been fine after Keenan had offered to tidy it up, pay for any damage and point her in the direction of the culprits. It was on the day he was helping that he’d found himself agreeing to come to this.

He bowed slightly and felt no need to add to Caspian’s answer, just nodded in agreement. While Caspian was laying it on a bit think Keenan had to admit he was good at it. It wasn’t that Keenan was overly shy, he could natter away with anyone in the pub but there were certain people he felt more cautious and uncomfortable around - flirting women, old professors, his grandmother before her death, a rather gaunt but intimidating man he’d met in Australia and most recently added to the list Mrs Selwyn.

When the chance presented itself he stepped in. “Thank you so much for inviting me this evening.” He spoke to Drucilla. “I really must take my leave though, please excuse me but I haven’t seen my sister yet.” He bowed a little again feeling utterly stupid as he did so. When he turned he spoke to Caspian. “Catch up with you later.”

Then he left them, chuckling to himself as the conversation from earlier ran through his head. Walking through the people he kept looking left to right and soon found his sister. When he stood beside her he nudged her with his elbow. “Enjoying the evening, Kyn?” This was much more her type of thing as it was his.

Kynthia Marsden

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks to Courtney for the set
OWL
^
Drucilla Selwyn
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 08:46 PM

“Oh she was wonderful wasn’t she.” She’d have talked the girl up even if the performance had fallen flat, it was her good fortune it had gone so well. She’d have talked up anyone who sang, really the performers were just a part of the overall evening, and that was her. “A lovely voice and the brothers before, such daring talent.”

Though she would never know it Drucilla agreed with Keenan, this young man was laying it on a tad thickly. She was not about to hold that against him however. “And thank you to you all for coming.” She nodded her own head too. “They say the guests are the ones who truly make the evening.” A statement she felt to be a load of old tosh but one she’d throw out all the same. Everything made the evening, and it all had to be managed properly or else everything fell apart. That had not happened at a Drucilla Selwyn event before and it would not be happening that night.

“Thank you once again. Yes, they are my own work.” She beamed at the praise, a rare genuine show from her for the evening. “I’m so pleased to hear they have been noticed.” Drucilla took great pride in her work, she should she’d put so many hours of her life into it.

It was then that Keenan decided to take his leave. Since he was off to find his family Drucilla would think nothing of it. He seemed a nervous young man and she could only hope a familiar face would give him a sense of comfort. He’d been forgiven for the mishaps of his customers so Drucilla flashed him a small smile, “Thank you too for coming. I do hope you enjoy the rest of your evening.”

She watched him go before turning to Caspian. “I trust the evening finds you and your family well?” She enquired politely though no one ever expected a proper answer to that question. “How are you finding university life?” An impish grin crossed her face. He university days, though she was already with her future husband were as wild as others… well, they certainly had their moments. All part of the proper journey through life she was sure.

Caspian Lanchester

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Isla Greengrass
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 01:14 PM

Isla nodded in agreement. Their ministry was currently in an abysmal state and so far it did not look to be improving in the near future. As she listened to the man talk, Isla was wondering how she had not known about him earlier. Surely she would have heard from someone about this curious wizard. It was rather curious that this wizard from a blood traitor family held beliefs similar to her own. Perhaps there was hope for the younger generation of blood traitors after all. Not that she would be holding her breath and waiting or anything like that. Until they proved otherwise they were still blood traitors.

"Well yes, that is usually the purpose of the yes-men. Although they usually have some secret that can be uncovered given enough digging." Isla mused aloud. "Though you should be careful to not look too disinterested in his demands. Might make you a target after all." Slytherin and her family had taught her well, it was most likely the reason she managed to keep her job at the Prophet what with with the mudblood in charge.

At his flattering remark, Isla gave him a coy grin. Charming, she thought.

"For now just be a good little worker bee and the rest will be taken care of. It's hard to be fired when you are above reproach - at least in the eyes of the public." She replied. Politics was a dirty game but the public still had the majority of control. Control that this lovely conversation had given her some ideas for a few articles that might help swing the popularity towards a more suitable direction. Of course there would need to be copious amount of digging and forethought before anything would be suitable.

“My names make me unpopular among the proper crowds, and my beliefs fortunately make me anathema to the rest. I’m keeping my eye out, no doubt, but my options are severely limited.”

"Magic has a funny way of opening new doors." She replied with a sly grin. She wouldn't tell the poor bloke that she might have just opened such door for him with this article. If nothing else she could get him some invitations to her parents gatherings. After all, the Greengrasses still held some standing in the wizarding world.

Her quill rapidly wrote down his explanation of a reasonable stance. The way he spoke just proved that he meant what he said. He really believed that magical culture was superior. It was rather pleasing to here a member of a blood traitor family say such. "I couldn't have put it better myself. Would you be okay if I put that in the article?"

As an after thought, she also added. "What do you think of Lord Morrigan and Lady Slewyn? As wizarding citizens and politically?" She was curious more than anything, especially considering it was their hosts that invited Arthur to the party.

Arthur Weasley

--------------------

user posted image
Other Characters:
OWL
^
Kynthia Marsden
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 04:27 PM

Kynthia had spent her time mingling around; catching up with a old faces she had not seen in a while. Some of the conversations were interesting, others not so much. But it was a good networking event which was always good for business. However she was starting to become bored. There was only so much she could take of small talk after all.

It was the small nudge that got her attention. Her lips thinned as she turned around fully prepared to hex the person who invaded her space. At least until she heard her brother speak. "Keenan! I haven't seen you all that much lately." Kynthia replied with a toothy grin. She missed her brother, but she had spent most of the time in her little workshop on the Alley which made spending time with her brother a bit difficult. "How is the pub going?"

"Yes I am enjoying the evening," She responded. Honestly, Kynthia was surprised her brother was still around. The brunette figured he would have left by now. "Are you?" Honestly she had a pretty good idea of how he was enjoying the evening, but she could be wrong. Perhaps her brother found a little lady friend?

Keenan Marsden

--------------------

Other Characters:

OWL
^
Keenan Marsden
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 07:48 PM

Keenan smiled brightly at his siblings greeting. “Well we both have full-full-time jobs.” Yes, he meant the double full. The pub was his work day and night. Yes, he could schedule himself nights off but more often than not those nights off were spent doing the books, restocking, cleaning or any other of the little jobs that went into running a pub needed doing. His sister worked just as hard her choosing a specialist career. She couldn’t simply hire people to do her work for her and as well as the actual metal charming she had to make connections and sell her wares. There wasn’t really all that much that had to be done to get people through a pub’s doors, especially compared to a shop.

“It’s fine, great really. Got a New Year’s bash planned. You should give yourself the night off and pop in.” He hoped she would, even if it was just to see the minute the year became new with him. He’d like that. “How’s the shop? I hope you’re remembering to give yourself time off and not just for special occasions.” He meant that evening and though he wouldn’t live by his own advice he was a brother, he worried about his sister.

First Keenan looked around himself then he answered with a slight shrug. “It’s okay, not as bad as I worried it was going to be. The performances have been great and I got talking to Caspian Lanchester, he drinks in the pub sometimes. Bailed on him though when Mrs Selwyn came over. She’s been hinting at setting me up on blind dates.” He barely suppressed a shudder at the thought. Dates were bad enough but blind dates had all been horrible for him.

“That’s when I came to find my lovely sister.” His smile was sweet as he spoke with just a hint of that sibling kind of teasing to it. Of course she was his lovely sister, he just wasn’t supposed to ever say it in a too serious tone. “Seen anyone interesting… or anyone who’ll make a fool of themselves?” Keenan grinned, wherever there was people and alcohol there was someone to look silly. Probably one of those universal laws.

Kynthia Marsden

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks to Courtney for the set
OWL
^
Arthur Weasley
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 05:06 PM

“That is often the truth and, with that in mind, I wish you happy digging,” he agreed playfully. From what he’d seen, the current Minister was doing his best to be careful about that sort of issue after what had happened to his predecessor. Still, it couldn’t have been perfect and he figured that Isla would have a better chance than most at turning up something useful.

With a grin, he shrugged and answered, “To be fair, I’m already a bit of a target. You’re right though that drawing too much more attention to myself wouldn’t be good for my longevity in my position.”

Arthur nodded as she gave voice to his own thoughts on the subject. Considering that Dorjan had requested his assistance personally, he was in a relatively safe place. However, that could change very quickly if he did something to give Stuart a legitimate reason to let him go. Even if it meant doing what the mudblood said, it was nice to see the frustration on the man’s face when he found out that Arthur couldn’t just be fired.

“One can only hope.”

The doors that mattered had been closed to Arthur for his entire life. It was likely to stay that way, so he didn’t really get his hopes up. Still it would be very nice to find out that his cynicism was unnecessary. With a smile, he agreed, “Be my guest.”

“Lord Morrigan and Lady Selwyn are just the type of leaders that this world needs,” he answered passionately, “if we had more like them, we wouldn’t find ourselves in the situation we are now in. We can only hope that more people will come to realize this as well.”

With a shake his head, he completed, “Hopefully they can find someone to take the role as Minister in the next election and we can begin trying to undo the damage that this group has done.”

Isla Greengrass

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Kynthia Marsden
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 06:37 PM

"As true as that is, it doesn't mean I don't miss you." She replied with a cheeky grin. Her brother had a good point though; his pub required his full attention. It was part of the reason why she was so against working there--well that and all the bad past experience.

"I'm glad!" She replied, genuinely meaning it. Although she herself hated the pub growing up, Keenan made it something special. The pub was such a staple in the wizarding community that Kynthia wasn't even sure what would happen if it ever closed down. " I will definitely make sure to stop by that night."

She smiled. "The shop is going well! I'm thinking about taking on an apprentice from the university to at least help with the bookkeeping and running the shop." She told him. Of course she still wasn't sure if that was such a good idea. It would be nice to get some help but at the same time she felt the shop was just a bit too new for a new person. Plus most of the apprentices would want to instantly start working with the metals which was a definite no go. "I'm taking off work probably as much as you are, brother of mine."

"Yes the performances have been pretty good. Especially that Cowan girl." Kynthia replied. Honestly, she was glad her brother was enjoying himself here. At the mention of blind dates the brunette burst into a laugh. She could very well see Lady Slewyn setting her brother up on a date. "Oh no, well perhaps I could scare some of the girls off for you?"

“That’s when I came to find my lovely sister.” His smile was sweet as he spoke with just a hint of that sibling kind of teasing to it. Of course she was his lovely sister, he just wasn’t supposed to ever say it in a too serious tone. “Seen anyone interesting… or anyone who’ll make a fool of themselves?” Keenan grinned, wherever there was people and alcohol there was someone to look silly. Probably one of those universal laws.

"Oh there were several people who were interesting. Particularly the one who was not very happy that I introduced myself to Mr. Morrigan." Not that it was her fault she was a better conversationalist. "Was Caspian the only one who you talked to? Or did you see any drunkards yourself?"

Keenan Marsden

--------------------

Other Characters:

OWL
^
Isla Greengrass
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 07:13 PM

"Oh I'm sure I will gather much pleasure. This kind of digging is the only kind I participate in." Isla replied with a small grin. The wizarding world was so such a precious garden--it needed to be nurtured and cared for. Letting filth tend to the garden will only poison it. She would definitely enjoy weeding out her precious garden.

"Indeed it would not. And we need all the intelligent people we can possibly have in the ministry." Isla replied. It was the only way they could restore the proper order and more importantly the wizarding world to its former glory. They let so much filth into the Ministry now that it has polluted their once gorgeous community.

"Then it shall be included." Isla responded. She listened to him praise Mr. Morrigan and Mrs. Slewyn. She nodded her head in agreement; she most definitely agreed with his assessment. Lord Morrigan and Lady Selwyn were some of the last upstanding members of society they had in politics. Without them, their precious garden would decompose all around them. "I could not have said it better myself. What are your views on some of the recent policies that Lord Morrigan has been trying to implement?"

With a shake his head, he completed, “Hopefully they can find someone to take the role as Minister in the next election and we can begin trying to undo the damage that this group has done.”

"We can only hope," Isla responded, mirroring his earlier words. She hoped that a more appropriate Minister can be appointed shortly.

Arthur Weasley

--------------------

user posted image
Other Characters:
OWL
^
Drucilla Selwyn
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 12:01 PM

The evening continued with much dancing, drinking and eating. A full meal was served before the guests were asked back to The Ballroom to watch the final two performances.

People mingled, connections were made and the start of Drucilla Selwyn's plans were being put in place.

Extremely proud of herself she took to the stage for the last time at the end of the night with Richard Morrigan by her side. She held her arms out as if embracing each person in the room.

"Thank you, sincerely, thank you all for coming tonight. We appreciate that each and every one of you took the time to be here. The event has been the most successful in years with much gold soon on its way to various charitable causes." When Drucilla had told people that not all the performers were being paid with some opting for donations in their name she'd started being approached by guests wanting to donate too. "It is our hope that we can bring our community together through these events and there are many more to come. The next will be in February and details will be winging their way to you soon."

Drucilla stepped back to allow Richard his last moment of the night and his speech was along the same lines as her.

Both finished they left the stage to help the guests gather themselves and prepare to depart for home.

***End Thread***

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Winter Ball | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Complete
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse