Cryptic Conjuring -> Letting off Steam
It is May 2077.
High temps reach 14°C while the lows stay nice at 7°C. Day begins at 5.30am and ends with sunset at 9pm. Rain is an almost constant with dry days being mostly clouded over.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
House Points
G
H

R
S
Board Stats
M F
Adults 19 12
University 3 1
Hogwarts 14 12

Hogwarts
First Years 0
Second Years 1
Third Years 1
Fourth Years 5
Fifth Years 4
Sixth Years 11
Seventh Years 4

Hogwarts Houses
Gryffindors 7
Hufflepuffs 6
Ravenclaws 5
Slytherins 8

University
First Years 2
Second Years 2
Third Years 0
Fourth Years 0

Blood Status
Purebloods 22
Halfbloods 20
Muggleborns 12
Unknown 2
Squibs 1
Vampires 1
Veelas 4
Fey 1
Werewolves 0
Changeling 0
Social Media

Tumblr

Rating

Click for Explanation
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Add Reply
New Poll

Letting off Steam, Jethro/Billy
Jethro Lancaster
 Posted: Mar 15 2018, 05:32 PM

It wasn't often that something so silly caused him to anger after so much time and, in this case, it wasn't so much anger as a sense of deep disappointment in the students. As it was he needed to just find a place to take his mind of the stupid article of fake rumours. Without even thinking he headed towards the staffroom to find one of his more favoured colleagues, Billy.

As it happened there was not a soul in the staffroom and, letting out a soft curse, he turned tail and headed towards the Defence classroom. Perhaps his friend had stayed behind to grade papers or something. It was at least worth a shot.

Just before he reached the door, he was stopped by one of his fourth years - Mr Lang, if he wasn't mistaken. It took a full half an hour to deal with the boys questions and it eased some of his earlier annoyance. When a student took an interest in his class, or Astronomy in general, he always found himself perking up and happy to discuss any part of the subject in detail. He hoped his students felt the same way.

With a word of goodbye to Mr Lang, he finally reached the Defence classroom. Jethro peeked his head around the door, scanning the empty room and frowning. With a last ditch effort he maneuvered his way through the classroom and up the stairs to Billy's office, rapping his knuckles against the door three times.

"Billy?"

Billy Longbottom

--------------------
user posted image

Other Characters:

OWL
^
Billy Longbottom
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 08:24 PM

Professor Longbottom was in a pretty good mood. His plan of getting the Dueling Club started after winter break had fallen through with the death of the Headmaster. It was understandable that his little project would be lost in the shuffle. At this point, he figured it would be a better idea to just wait until the start of the next year and run it from the beginning.

In an effort to give the new Headmaster some time to settle in before taking the suggestion to him, Billy had retreated to his office to work on some grading and to fight to keep himself entertained. For the moment, ‘keeping himself entertained’ found his grading forgotten on his desk and his focus completely wrapped up in throwing darts at the board he’d hung on the inside of his office door.

As he was lining up his next throw, he was so focused that he completely missed the sound of Jethro knocking on the door. So, when the other man opened the door to take a peak inside to see if he was around, Billy had nothing he could do other than shout out a surprised warning. In his shock, the dart he’d thrown went off target and burrowed into the wood of the doorframe, inches from his friend’s face.

“Jethro!”

“Clearly this is a surprise,” he said sheepishly, “what can I do for you today?”

Jethro Lancaster

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Jethro Lancaster
 Posted: Mar 31 2018, 08:56 AM

The visual of a dart heading straight for him was absolutely terrifying, mostly due to the thoughts flashing through his mind of 'how embarrassing would it be if this killed me'. It seemed, however, that luck was on his side as the dart buried itself into the doorframe just next to him. Saving him from the embarrassment of having to explain when a dart was making its home on his face.

"Mr Longbottom, if you wished for me not to visit you merely had to say. I do say it's quite extreme to just fire a dart at a person."

Now out of danger he didn't mind joking around with Billy, it would have been a completely different story if the dart had hit the target. Still even Jethro could see the humour in nearly being speared with a dart, sometimes he wondered if his friend had a sense of safety or if he just went about his day relying on pure luck.

"Clearly." The corner of his mouth twitched, moving further into the room and shutting the door. "How about not shooting me with darts to start with?" He pulled the dart free from the door and examined it, moving towards Billy and offering the object to him.

Jethro began to feel a little hesitant to reveal why he had popped over, it wasn't something he often did and, being honest with himself, he didn't quite have a reason for choosing to visit Billy. He could have quite easily gone to a pub but his feet had led him, without thinking, to his friend.

"I was just coming to visit, can't a friend visit another?" And that was the best he could come up with? His poor father would be outraged.

Billy Longbottom

--------------------
user posted image

Other Characters:

OWL
^
Billy Longbottom
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 03:29 PM

“I don’t know, Professor Lancaster,” Billy replied with a grin, “but it seems to me that if you’re not looking to get a dart in the face, maybe you shouldn’t hide behind a dartboard like that…”

A small grin flashed across his face as his friend agreed with his quip. As Professor Lancaster entered the room, Billy dropped the darts that he’d been holding into an open desk drawer and pushed it closed. A quick laugh escaped him at Jethro’s request and he nodded, “That’s easy to agree to – especially since one doesn’t shoot darts. They’re thrown…”

“But I’ll agree to the spirit of your request, rather than the letter, all the same,” he finished as he took the offered dart and opened the desk drawer again – dropping it in with the others.

After years as an Auror, reading body language and facial expressions was second nature to Billy. As such, the look of apprehension that appeared on Jethro’s face caused Billy’s mood to change rather drastically. He pushed the drawer shut again and nodded, “You’re always welcome to come visit me, but something tells me that’s not all there is to it today.”

“What’s wrong?”

Jethro Lancaster

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Jethro Lancaster
 Posted: May 14 2018, 12:25 PM

Jethro gave a short chuckle, shooting Billy an amused look. "Ah yes. My apologies. Didn't quite see the dartboard hiding behind the ego that's in this room."

"Details, details." Jethro answered with a wave of his hand. He didn't play darts, it seemed strange to just throw little spears towards a board for no reason. Even gaining points didn't seem worth it, where was the exciting flashes when hitting the middle, he knew it had a name but for the life of Merlin he couldn't remember.

It was hard to tell whether having a friend who was able to read you so easily was something to be happy about or annoyed by. At least this was something that, in the big picture, wasn't a major issue. Just an annoyance of sorts.

"Did you read that gossip magazine the students were flashing around? It was a few months past." And he really hoped that it had died down and yet, without fail, one of his older students would find a way to slip a snarky comment about 'late night rendezvous' in his lesson.

"The students won't let it go. It's not as though I am the only teacher here that had gossip in that horrendous pile of hippogriff dung." With a frustrated huff, he dropped down into one of the chairs in Billy's room.

"I'm just exhausted from repeating myself, I guess."

Billy Longbottom

--------------------
user posted image

Other Characters:

OWL
^
Billy Longbottom
 Posted: May 16 2018, 02:51 PM

“That makes sense,” Bill agreed with a laugh, “it does sort of take up all the available space in the room, doesn’t it? Frankly, it’s kind of impressive that we’re both still able to breath.”

“Details are everything my friend! Would you let your students get away with a slip like that in one of their papers? After all, what’s the difference between Mercury and Venus to a student that’s clearly never going to leave Earth?”

The question didn’t really merit much in the way of thought or consideration, but Billy had no idea where the conversation was going to be headed. He motioned for Jethro to follow him across the way where he’d set up a little sitting area. Generally, he found that it was more useful for conversations than trying to speak with someone sitting across a desk from him; and experience that went double for coworkers and other equals.

He motioned for his friend to have a seat with him and answered, “I’m aware of them, but I can’t say I’ve ever bothered to read them. It’s easy enough to keep up with what’s on their little minds just by listening to them talk.”

“I’m sorry, but what do they think you did?”

Somehow, the idea that Jethro had some sort of gossip about him running around the school amused him to no end. It seemed that he was going to have to start paying more attention to the annoying little pamphlets. The fact that the students felt comfortable writing out gossip about the teachers at all was an entirely new brand of interesting and he had to admit he was a little impressed.

Jethro Lancaster

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse