Cryptic Conjuring -> Leaving Feast: 2075-2076
It is September 2076.
This month brings highs of 16°C and lows of 10°C. Sunrise is 6.15am while the sun sets at 8pm. The sun lingers on but winds are starting to pick up again.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Rating

Click for Explanation
Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Amber -
Global Admin

- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
Social Media

Tumblr

House Points
G
H

S
R
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Board Stats
M F NB
Adults 18 15 0
University 6 3 0
Hogwarts 8 19 0

Hogwarts
First Years 2
Second Years 1
Third Years 1
Fourth Years 4
Fifth Years 6
Sixth Years 7
Seventh Years 6

University
First Years
Second Years
Third Years
Fourth Years

Blood Status
Purebloods 24
Halfbloods 29
Muggleborns 12
Unknown 1
Squibs 1
House Elves 1
Vampires 1
Veelas 4
Werewolves 1
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Leaving Feast: 2075-2076
Aiden Flynn
 Posted: Jun 20 2017, 02:51 PM
Aiden Flynn
Group Icon
5th Year
Prefect
- blood status -
Muggleborn
- allegiance -
Pro-Muggle
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
6-June 15

“Good, then there isn’t anything getting in the way of a relaxing and fun summer holiday. For us at least, I’m not sure how relaxing or fun it is for them when we’re left to our own devices…”

It didn’t really surprise him that her family had already intended to pick up the tab for Jason’s continued schooling, nor that they’d really feel the need to make a fuss out of it by making a point of sharing the news with him while he was at school. After all, they came from the same vein as his own parents; family did what it could to take care of each other. It would be interesting to see what Jason did when he found out. The older kid was tough to read; everything he did was completely alien to Aiden.

“I hope he settles in easily then. Though, you have to admit; even when they’re not bending over backward, your parents are still pretty soft,” he replied with a grin.

They’d see how Jason was doing with his new home over the summer before they got worried about inviting him along to stuff. While it would be good to make sure he didn’t get too bored, it wouldn’t be as good to put him into a situation where he felt like he needed to tag along out of guilt.

“I’ve noticed that too – assuming he’s settled in and happy, there might be a few good pranks there…”

Caryn Taylor

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Pavon B Sannesley
 Posted: Jun 20 2017, 04:42 PM
Pavon B Sannesley
Group Icon
6th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Unknown
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
10-October 14

Pavon stood up and left the feast.

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Sasha Campbell
 Posted: Jun 21 2017, 11:32 AM
Sasha Campbell
Group Icon
4th year
- blood status -
Muggleborn
- allegiance -
Unaffiliated
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
10-September 14

Sasha made a face when Gideon explained how the magical painting class had worked. “Well, that just sounds dumb. What’s the point of that?” She didn’t mention that if she’d been there, she probably would have gotten up and left, not even bothering to finish the lesson. She had enough boring lessons during the school year, so she didn’t see why she would have to sit through boring lessons that were supposed to be for fun. “Learning from Aurors sounds pretty fun,” she commented. It might be worth going just for that. “Is there some kind of schedule we can get hold of so we know when things are being offered?” At least then she wouldn’t waste time hoping to do something specific and then it not be done that day. She nodded as he told her how the bus worked. “I hate the Knight Bus, but I can’t argue that it’s convenient. I can easily take that to camp and back home again.” And the walking was nothing new to her at all.

She laughed at his exclamation. “I hope it will be brilliant,” she replied. “I would say that we could go to my house from camp on a Friday and go back on a Monday, just for convenience sake, but I’m sure we’d be home before my parents and leave after they do. I already know that they wouldn’t leave me home alone with a boy though. So it would have to be a weekend when at least one of them are home.” She didn’t quite understand the rule about not having boys over. Oh, she knew what they thought, and while she might talk a good game in the muggle world, she’d never actually done anything with a boy, not even a peck on the cheek. That didn’t seem to matter to her parents. They were more concerned about rumors of all things. It was all quite silly.

Gideon Fawkes

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Lilli Duvall
 Posted: Jun 21 2017, 02:41 PM
Lilli Duvall
Group Icon
Graduate
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Unaffiliated
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
10-September 14

“I thought you’d never ask,” Lilli grinned. She had always enjoyed the nights they spent in the common room. What wasn’t to love about friendship and laughter? It just seemed like the perfect end to their school career. “I think we definitely should do that. It’ll be fun. Maybe we can manage to stay awake all night?” she joked, remembering times they’d been younger and had never managed to stay up the whole night.

“Who else indeed,” she replied, pretending to annoyed by his ego. In reality, she wasn’t annoyed at all. She thought it was funny, but only because she knew he was joking around. It would be different if he was being serious.

“Steal books?” she asked, confused. “Are you talking about the library?” What else could he be talking about though? “You do realize I could count all the times I’ve been in there at all on, like, two fingers, right?” She had never been one for the library, and she was pretty sure that those times she was there, it was only looking for Jason.

“That’s great,” she told him. “I should look into a couple of classes, I guess, but I don’t want to be there full-time. I don’t even want those. I hope I can just learn what I need to learn on my own. I feel like I do better that way,” she shrugged. It was true. She was more interested in learning about the things she wanted to know. As long as she didn’t have to do more than she wanted at the same time. “But you’ll be awesome with the Kestrals. You are easily one of the best players in this school.” Well, that was definitely a compliment, but she didn’t really have any idea what she was talking about. She had no idea what made one player better than another.

Mickey Crawford

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Caryn Taylor
 Posted: Jun 21 2017, 03:33 PM
Caryn Taylor
Group Icon
5th Year
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Neutral
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
6-June 15

Caryn giggled. “Oh, they’ll have fun too,” she assured Aiden. “They just will do their best not to let us know they’ll be having fun too.” If anything, the fun would be at the kids’ expense anyway. It was quite annoying at times, but if it kept them from being in too much trouble, she was all for it.

She giggled as Aiden spoke about her parents. “Oh, you’re one to talk. Yours are just as soft.” She shook her head. “I think he started coming around at the end of last summer. We no longer had to fetch him for meals anyway. I hope that meant that he was more comfortable. I just hope being here all year hasn’t undone any of that progress. It would be nice for him to truly be part of the family, you know?” That was all she wanted. She wanted her home and everyone in it feeling comfortable. It wasn’t too much to ask, right?

She shook her head as Aiden mentioned pranks and Jason in the same sentence. Or almost. Whatever. “We can’t pull any pranks on him,” she said. “I don’t think that would go over very well. And if it didn’t, or caused him to put more distance in the family, my parents would forget the meaning of the word soft.” She shot him a wicked grin. “Now, I never said we can’t pull pranks. Just not on him. In fact, I have a great idea to get my mum.”

With that, she leaned closer to him and started whispering.

*Fade Caryn and Aiden*

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Keira Bowen
 Posted: Jun 25 2017, 04:54 PM
Keira Bowen
Group Icon
5th year
Prefect
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Neutral
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
15-June 17

Sweet, sweet shellfish soup. Keira had always been a sucker for such a thing, and the Leaving Feast was a special occasion - they went all out in regards for food and drink (as permitted). As such, she had effectively tuned out everything around her and was chewing through a rather big piece of shrimp before catching a quick wave from the corner of her eye.

Instinctively, she looked towards it and spotted Sasha waving in her general direction. She wasn't expecting someone to wave at her, and thus she looked around to see if she could identify the person the girl was greeting, out of pure curiosity; no one seemed to do so.

That left Keira, didn't it?

The bookworm gave her a lone wave with her left hand after swallowing the meaty shrimp. Even if she knew the girl, she wasn't at all used to being approached during a meal - given how quick about it she usually was - so it was definitely quite the alien situation for her. Was she supposed to say hi...?

Sasha Campbell
OWL
^
Gideon Fawkes
 Posted: Jun 29 2017, 05:48 PM
Gideon Fawkes
Group Icon
4th year
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
7-October 14

As Sasha spoke Gideon nodded in agreement until frowning at her question about a schedule. "I usually just see what's there for the day each morning. I don't know if there's a proper schedule..." He didn't know how much in advance the camp was put together. Were the activities arranged months beforehand or were even just some last minute things? He'd never know for while he was thinking about it then he'd soon move on to something else.

Like a visit to meet up with Sasha and go back to her house. He wondered what her house was like and hoped it was small. After spending his life in a huge empty house he'd be happy to see some closer walls. It was lonely living with the whispering corridors and dusty unlived in rooms. Of course he liked his house but if he ever got the chance he was going to live in a flat.

Not knowing what her parents problem was with boys Gideon quickly decided against asking. He concentrated instead on the details, of which there were few. "Okay, well I can write you as soon as I get back and then you can reply with Deryn?"

Sasha Campbell

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Courtney for the set
OWLHowler
^
Mickey Crawford
 Posted: Jun 29 2017, 06:34 PM
Mickey Crawford
Group Icon
1st Year
Broom-making
- blood status -
Part-Veela
- allegiance -
Unaffiliated
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
6-October 14

Mickey returned Lilli's grin with a big one of his own. "We always try." he chuckled as he too remembered all the times they'd tried and failed. Of course the night of a feast was going to prove a hurdle to their staying awake. It was always easier to sleep with a full, contented stomach.

"Well I'm not asking if you want to go and study." Mickey shrugged. "Books are expensive. You might as well make the most of what's available now if you can."

Mickey positively glowed at the compliment. Most times he'd make light of them or declare it as truth he always knew. Not when they were about his flying though. That was too important.

After looking around and seeing that people had already began to leave Mickey asked. "You finished?" He was and now he wanted to get away from the crowd and start their last night together. And if they did have to take a nocturnal trip to the library it wouldn't hurt to have plenty time to plan and repair.

Lilli Duvall

--------------------
user posted image
OWLHowler
^
Sasha Campbell
 Posted: Jun 30 2017, 06:17 PM
Sasha Campbell
Group Icon
4th year
- blood status -
Muggleborn
- allegiance -
Unaffiliated
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
10-September 14

Sasha wasn’t sure what to think about a place that didn’t post their activities until the day of. That was strange to her. But if that’s how it went, maybe they could just arrange a day to go at the same time? If it was too boring, she could ask about other days then, she guessed. “Well, I think it would still be fun to go. And we can always ask if there’s a schedule. If not, we can just see what we see.” She gave a smile. It was fun to plan something for the summer.

She gave an inviting smile to Keira when the older girl waved back. If she wanted, Keira could slide down and join them. Sasha was just too worried about looking desperate if she actually verbally called her over. Besides, what if Keira didn't want to sit with her? That would be embarrassing.

“I’ll be looking forward to your letter,” she told him happily. “And I’ll definitely reply using your owl.” She still used school owls to write to her parents. She couldn’t have an owl if she’d wanted to though. She already had her cat Mystic.

“Do you have an idea of when you’ll be able to come?” she asked curiously.

She looked around, figuring that the feast was nearing its end. Just to make sure she didn’t miss the chance, she pushed her dinner plate away and grabbed some dessert.

Gideon Fawkes

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Lilli Duvall
 Posted: Jun 30 2017, 06:46 PM
Lilli Duvall
Group Icon
Graduate
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Unaffiliated
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
10-September 14

“If we don’t manage it tonight, I will be very disappointed in the both of us.” Lilli had no idea why they couldn’t seem to stay awake for an entire night. She’d done it plenty of times at home. “Since it will be our last, we should at least try.” Maybe there was some kind of spell over the common room that made students sleep? It was a thought.

“What kind of books do you think I’ll need?” she asked. She wasn’t dismissing the suggestion. She was genuinely curious to know if he knew of any that she could possibly use. “Are there some you want?”

She giggled as Mickey seemed to take her compliment of his flying to heart. She’d never really gotten comfortable on a broom herself, so she still didn’t understand the appeal. Sure, it was good transportation, but only as far as magical areas.

She nodded as Mickey asked if she was finished. “Definitely. I think I might even have eaten too much.” It was a normal complaint after every feast. And not just from her. It was from almost everyone that she’d ever talked to after one of these feasts. “Should we stop at the kitchens and ask for some coffee?” she joked.

Mickey Crawford

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Gideon Fawkes
 Posted: Jul 1 2017, 10:50 AM
Gideon Fawkes
Group Icon
4th year
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
7-October 14

It was great to know that Sasha would at least give camp a go. Now instead of knowing he'd be on his own there he's be able to spend time with Sasha and hopefully Abby, the girl he'd met last year too.

Gideon wondered if the girl they'd waved to would come over. Had he been in her position there's no way he would be moving. He probably wouldn't even have had the courage to wave back. He hoped she'd speak to them, more people to talk to could only be a plus. Unless she was a mean person but he didn't think Sasha would be waving to a mean person.

Deryn would now have the exercise of one long return flight and that was good to know. Gideon had been getting worried that his owl wasn't getting enough exercise because he didn't have many people he wrote to. Maybe he'd have to write to Sasha more, make sure his owl didn't get fat.

When the dessert appeared Gideon too pushed his dinner plate to the side before placing two pieces of different cake on his clean plate. He never could decide between chocolate and strawberry, it was brilliant that at school he could have some of both.

"Probably anytime." he answered her question. "My grandfather hasn't said anything about a holiday so he won't have booked anything and I don't always have to go with him when he's working." He preferred it to being at home of course but sometimes when given the choice of travelling or camp he went to camp. "When do you think? Beginning, middle or near the end of the holidays?"

Sasha Campbell

--------------------
user posted image
OWLHowler
^
Mickey Crawford
 Posted: Jul 1 2017, 11:08 AM
Mickey Crawford
Group Icon
1st Year
Broom-making
- blood status -
Part-Veela
- allegiance -
Unaffiliated
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
6-October 14

"Me too." Mickey agreed though he didn't hold out much hope for them managing it. "You do realise that if we do stay up all night we'll probably sleep on the train, right?" He was worried about that himself. They would just have to be at the train early to secure a compartment that they could lock and keep to themselves.

"Of course I don't want any books but I'm not the one who wants to open a magical shop." Then he was quiet a moment as he thought. "Well first you need to think of security, then cleaning I suppose so charms... maybe they'll have books about running a business like the ones the muggles have." He shrugged, he had no idea what books the library had except the ones concerning Quidditch.

Lilli may have been joking but Mickey thought it a great suggestion. "Some snacks for later too." He added as he stood. As he walked along his side of the table to the end he greeted those who greeted him then met Lilli at the end and they exited the hall together. Off to spend their very last night in each others company, friends from the beginning of school right through to the end.

***Exit Mickey***

Lilli Duvall

--------------------
user posted image
OWLHowler
^
Sasha Campbell
 Posted: Jul 11 2017, 04:36 PM
Sasha Campbell
Group Icon
4th year
- blood status -
Muggleborn
- allegiance -
Unaffiliated
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
10-September 14

Sasha looked longingly at all the different desserts. She took a few nibbles of different things and regretted not being able to try a taste of them all. She didn’t want to make herself sick on her last night at school.

She giggled as Gideon put two pieces of cake on his plate. They were different flavors, but she wondered how he could have that much room left. She chalked it up to being a boy thing.

“Anytime would make the invitation easier,” she smiled. She was kind of excited at the idea of a friend from school visiting. She wasn’t sure if she should introduce him to her muggle friends though. What if he didn’t like them because of their lack of magic? Or what if he didn’t like how she was the leader among her group? Oh, well. She’d worry about that when the time came.

She grinned as he asked about what part of the summer he should visit. “Why limit ourselves? Why don’t you come at the beginning and then, if you like it, you can visit more often?” If he had fun visiting her, and she did end up at camp with him, why couldn’t they make regular visits happen? She was sure that once her parents met him, they’d like him and trust him.

Gideon Fawkes

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Gideon Fawkes
 Posted: Jul 11 2017, 10:53 PM
Gideon Fawkes
Group Icon
4th year
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
7-October 14

Gideon smiled but didn't speak having just eaten a chunck of the strawberry cake. It was good that his lack of plans made things easier. Normally it would have started to bug him on the way home. He wouldn't know how many father and son days he'd have t endure. Now though he had something to look forward to, something that could happen at anytime. It was great.

A piece of the chocolate cake followed the strawberry. Gideon was feeling full and didn't want to miss out on a taste of either cake. He'd try his best to soldier on and finish both as he'd feel bad for wasting it, but he really was doubting that he'd manage it.

He swallowed quickly when Sasha spoke. "Of course I'll enjoy it. Why wouldn't I enjoy it? I enjoy spending time with you." He saw no reason why he'd enjoy her company any less outside of school.

"You ask your parents straight away and I'll start speaking to my grandfather as soon as I get back but I'll write you even before I've convinced him." He really hoped that didn't take long and really, he thought the issue of who he would be with would be least important in his grandfathers mind. Gideon had never stayed out overnight, never even gone to some else's house for a few hours during the day. He thought his grandfather would allow but that he'd have to make promises before approval was given.

Sasha Campbell

--------------------
user posted image
OWLHowler
^
Sasha Campbell
 Posted: Jul 12 2017, 04:03 PM
Sasha Campbell
Group Icon
4th year
- blood status -
Muggleborn
- allegiance -
Unaffiliated
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
10-September 14

Sasha smiled when Gideon said he’d enjoy his visit to her. “Well, first of all, a lot of things are different. There’s a lot more to do in my town than in Hogsmeade, of course. There are movies, I have a television at home, and I have a cell phone so my parents always know where I am. Things we don’t have here.” Had he ever seen a phone, a television, or even a movie before?

She glanced down before looking back at him. “Um, I’m also different when I’m there. Since no one knows about magic at home, obviously I can act magical, right? And you won’t be able to either. You’ll have to act like nothing is new to you other than the area.” She hoped he could pull that off easily. She just couldn’t bring herself to tell him just how different she acted at home though. She wasn’t even sure he’d believe her anyway.

“I know my parents will agree. They almost always let me do what I want. The first thing you’ll get from me are exact dates,” she promised. It was true. Her parents did try to make her happy, and if inviting a friend over, even if it was a boy, would make her happy, then she was sure they’d have no issue with it.

She sat back, mentally groaning. “I think I’m done. How about you?”

Gideon Fawkes

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Gideon Fawkes
 Posted: Jul 19 2017, 09:05 AM
Gideon Fawkes
Group Icon
4th year
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
7-October 14

A frown marred Gideon's features as his friend spoke. How different could not using magic really be? He didn't use magic all the time at home since he was underage and his grandfather was strict about the rule. He supposed there would be an adventure in seeing the differences in his surroundings and his friend. He just didn't know if he liked adventures.

"If I can't act it I'll be quiet." Gideon assured while hoping that his expressions wouldn't give him away too much. "Or I can start practicing an accent and you can explain everything away by saying I'm foreign." He was joking but it really didn't sound like that bad of an idea.

"Yeah, I'm full." Was Gideon's answer. "Should we go back to the common room? I hid the bean bags that still have most of their stuffing away." He smiled, he'd been proud of his forward planning.

Sasha Campbell

--------------------
user posted image
OWLHowler
^
Sasha Campbell
 Posted: Jul 21 2017, 03:05 PM
Sasha Campbell
Group Icon
4th year
- blood status -
Muggleborn
- allegiance -
Unaffiliated
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
10-September 14

“Oh, I don’t think you’ll cause any real trouble,” Sasha hastened to say. She hadn’t meant to sound like she wasn’t sure Gideon could be trusted to keep magic a secret. “I just meant that unless you’ve been in the muggle world, you’ll see things you’ve never seen before, outside of the muggle studies textbook. Those things are completely different in person.”

She hoped she hadn’t hurt his feelings. “I don’t think an accent will be necessary. If we have to, we can come up with a story. Like, maybe you were raised by an eccentric relative or something.” She shrugged. She was sure they could explain away anything he did oddly.

She grinned as he agreed to being full and having hid the best bean bags. “Let’s go. It will be nice to get those,” she giggled. “Anything else you want to confess while we’re at it?” Her eyes were sparkling with unshed laughter.

Gideon Fawkes

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Gideon Fawkes
 Posted: Jul 24 2017, 08:48 AM
Gideon Fawkes
Group Icon
4th year
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
7-October 14

"Yeah... I get it." Gideon assured Sasha with a nod. Though now he was wondering just how different the muggle things could be. He'd seen many pictures but what if they were scary in real life? He never did like the look of washing machines now he came to think of it. And he'd been told they'd eaten people. He hadn't actually believed it at the time but now... well now he had to wonder.

"It is the truth." Gideon joked, though there was some actual truth in it. He thought of his grandfather as eccentric.

Gideon stood from the table and left with Sasha. "Now you ask..." he began as they left the hall. "The boy that's been smelling really bad for months - Thomson..." he paused before he let his confession out fully. "My fault. I hid some kippers in his trunk and his clothes have stank since."

It had been one of his better... or was that worse moments? The boy in his dorm had taken to bullying young Gideon and in a fit of rage the boy had listened to one of the voices plans for payback. At Sasha's appreciative laugh Gideon beamed and the two left the hall laughing and joking about stinking bullies and their kippery clothes.

***Exit Gideon and Sasha***

--------------------
user posted image
OWLHowler
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Hogwarts Archives | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll