Cryptic Conjuring -> Great Minds
It is May 2077.
High temps reach 14°C while the lows stay nice at 7°C. Day begins at 5.30am and ends with sunset at 9pm. Rain is an almost constant with dry days being mostly clouded over.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
House Points
G
H

R
S
Board Stats
M F
Adults 19 12
University 3 1
Hogwarts 14 12

Hogwarts
First Years 0
Second Years 1
Third Years 1
Fourth Years 5
Fifth Years 4
Sixth Years 11
Seventh Years 4

Hogwarts Houses
Gryffindors 7
Hufflepuffs 6
Ravenclaws 5
Slytherins 8

University
First Years 2
Second Years 2
Third Years 0
Fourth Years 0

Blood Status
Purebloods 22
Halfbloods 20
Muggleborns 12
Unknown 2
Squibs 1
Vampires 1
Veelas 4
Fey 1
Werewolves 0
Changeling 0
Social Media

Tumblr

Rating

Click for Explanation
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Complete
New Poll

Great Minds, Drucilla/Richard
Richard Morrigan
 Posted: Sep 5 2017, 03:57 PM

The invitation from Drucilla Selwyn, to come for a visit, had come as something of a surprise. Richard was well familiar with the woman, they’d briefly served together on the Wizengamot and they’d gotten along rather well. Honestly though, that was to be expected. They were of the same breeding and on the same page as to where they wanted their world to go. It had been fun to work alongside of her. She’d been far more entertaining than her son had been proven to be; which wasn’t to say her son wasn’t a fantastic ally, he was just far less entertaining and forceful a personality.

There had been precious little time for him to keep in contact with her in the years since she’d left the halls of the Wizengamot and that free time had been getting less and less prevalent as the muggleborn took over the levers of government. It had become all he could do to try and slow things down and then – with the latest coup – he’d even lost the power to do that much. With the loss of his position as Chief Warlock, he was relegated to sitting on the sidelines and watching things advance while desperately looking around for something to throw in the way as even a speedbump.

He could only hope that was what Drucilla had contacted him about. She hadn’t seemed to be taking too great an interest in what was going on in the halls of the Ministry since she left – though, with a family of her size he couldn’t say he blamed her. But he could desperately use her help for what it seemed was going to have to be the next step.

As such, he’d kept his eye on the clock and at the appointed time of their meeting he stepped gracefully out from the floo into the entry hall of her home with a bright smile.

Drucilla Selwyn

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Drucilla Selwyn
 Posted: Sep 13 2017, 10:15 AM

Upon arriving back at her house Drucilla had wrote a quick letter which she'd sent straight away before going into what she called stress mode. A quiet mind was a traitor mind was a traitor mind in such situations which was why in such times her kitchen became her haven. The dragon emblazoned apron one of her children had bought her as a gift was put on, her sleeves rolled up and Drucilla got to work. Busy hands made for a busy mind.

By the time Richard arrived she was still in the kitchen. The dragons flying about the apron now covered in flour and every available surface in the kitchen covered in various cakes and baked goods while in pride of place sat a birthday cake waiting for it's icing.

"In here." she called out to him as she slipped the apron up over her head and cast a cleaning spell on it before hanging it on a peg by the back door. Her hands she dusted off on a tea towel and when she turned Richard Morrigan was there. "Richard." Even given the reason for asking him here Drucilla was delighted to see the man. "It really is lovely to see you." She walked over to him and took his hands. "I am so sorry for your loss. No child should suffer due to the folly of adults." The mother she could not care less about of course.

"Come to the sitting room away from this mess." An ordered mess but a mess all the same. The old woman led the way to her sitting room fixing the scarf on her head as she went. The sitting room was a cosy place to sit with it's comfy couch and armchairs pointing at the fireplace. This one not connected to the floo it being for warmth rather than travel. The walls were covered in shelfs upon which sat plants, books and knick-knacks gifted to her by family. The darker creams of the walls and richly carpeted floor made the room seem warm even when the fire wasn't lit.

Drucilla sat in the high-backed armchair, the back stretching above her head making her look like a shrivelled child. She lit the fire with a flick of her wand before enquiring, "Tea?" Needing some herself she got to work straight away using her wand to direct the kettle kept on a hook in the hearth then moved the tea tray from on top the matlepiece to the ornate coffee table. Everything for tea was already on the tray, Drucilla was a great lover of tea. Wine was better of course but an unaffected mind was needed.

With a cup of tea in hand Drucilla sat back, her small feet dangling over the edge of her seat. "I'm sorry I had to ask you here. I'm sure you'd much rather be with your family but we need to do something Richard. Our children are at risk." She paused and a nasty scowl crossed her face as she thought of what happened earlier. "My own grandson Lysander was attacked by two muggleborns today. I had to come to his aid but what about next time? What happens if the next pureblood doesn't have an angry granny coming just a few steps behind? That's two of our children now. We cannot let this go on." Yes she was counting Mazzabelle Cowan as one of theirs who was attacked. The girl may be from a line of blood traitors but it was clear to Drucilla that the girl was attacked for her blood and nothing else.

Richard Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Richard Morrigan
 Posted: Sep 14 2017, 02:32 PM

At the sound of Drucilla’s voice calling to him from further into the house, Richard picked his way through the hallways and was unsurprised to find her busily working away in the kitchen. He smiled as she cleaned off her hands and greeted him. With a soft smile he returned, “Lady Selwyn, it’s always a pleasure to see you again as well. It’s been too long.”

“Thank you very much,” he replied sincerely with a gracious nod, “it always seems to be the children that get hurt the most. All we can do at this point is hope that something good comes from it and this tragedy isn’t wasted.”

It would have been nice to have a chance to get to know his second granddaughter. It had been generations since there had been a female born into the Morrigan family; and the fact that Alex and his wife had born two had caused Richard no end of angst. He was quite hopeful, and more than a little bit concerned, about what that could mean for his family going forward. “Of course,” he agreed as she led the way. Something was clearly on her mind and he was very curious to hear what it was – though it would have been beyond rude to prod her about it already.

The sitting room was brighter than back at the Caer, but it was also a generally more relaxing atmosphere and Richard waited until she’d taken a seat in the armchair before claiming a corner of the couch; his arm stretched out along the back.

“Some tea would be wonderful, thank you.”

Once the tea was served, Richard leaned back into the comfortable cushions and waited to find out what was on her mind. With a shake of his head he disagreed, “You never need to apologize for asking me over, I always enjoy your company. As for family, Alex and his children have returned to their home to try and get settled in before returning to school.”

“Timothy and Amber are running around making sure that everything is finalized for their own return to school and making the most out of their last days of vacation. Frankly, I feel like I’m underfoot at home at the moment,” he finished with a grin to show that he didn’t really feel that way.

At the news that her grandson had been assaulted, he leaned forward and confirmed, “Is he alright?”

“I’ve come pretty well to the same conclusion. Timothy is close friends with the Cowan girl that was attacked last year, and now Lysander. It’s only two, but that’s more than we’ve had to deal with in a long time. I haven’t heard of any progress in the investigation into the riots; I’m beginning to feel that some of our colleagues were right and the power of the ministry is no longer going to be used to protect the families that formed it.”

“I’m beginning to sound like one of the damn fool zealots,” he finished with a shake of his head, “but I think that we’re going to have to find something to do that doesn’t include the Ministry at all. If they’re not going to look out for us, then we’re going to have to look out for ourselves.”

Drucilla Selwyn

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Drucilla Selwyn
 Posted: Sep 24 2017, 03:15 PM

Drucilla beamed when addressed as 'Lady Selwyn' as she always did. When she left the Wizengamot it was the one thing she'd miss. Richard had carried it on earning him more genuine smiles than most as the years went on.

"I'm planning to do more than hope." There was a glint to her eye that showed the seriousness behind the statement. She was already thinking of what must surely come as her last stand, her parting shot. Oh she was young for a witch but her family didn't appear to have much luck when it came to aging and what she was about to try to start... the coming months would drain her and it was her turn to hope. Hope that she could come through the otherside strong.

Smiling knowingly as he spoke of life at home Drucilla nodded. "Get used to that feeling." She said not without humour. "The older you get the more in the way you feel." Drucilla was a welcome visitor to any of the family homes and she still took a great deal to do with them all, guided them on their journeys as she liked to think of it. But there were times when she felt she was underfoot, an annoyance even. The world moved on, everything slowly changed and in some ways, in times along the way she'd become stuck.

"He's fine. Thanks for asking." She took a sip of her tea. "One of the elves was healing his bruises when I left. I also did my best to give his pride a little boost. What boy wants their gran coming to their defence? Though as I told him and Malachi both had Lysander raised a wand this emerging Ministry we have would not have missed a moment in hauling him in."

It was true that The Ministry had been slipping over many years. New lows had been reached in recent times Drucilla believed. She'd never have believed The Ministry targeting the children. She believed it now.

For a moment Drucilla looked surprised upon hearing that Timothy was friends with the Cowan girl. Then she grinned. "I almost had her father you know. He was quite taken with one of my nieces before the little Irish girl caught his eye." She reminised. "I don't blame him a bit of course. Krystal O'Neill was a beautiful girl. A lovely, polite thing despite her uprbringing. She was good friends with another niece." There weren't many links in the invisible chain between Drucilla and most magical people in Britain. She could always find some connection. "I'd love to bring a Cowan back into the fold." She sighed. Drucilla believed that every pureblood family had started off on the right side of the divide - her side.

"We are going to have to take matters into our own hands. That blasted school has most of our children within it's walls! I've gone far past worrying about brainwashing now. The situation is much more severe. I heard from an acquaintance in St Mungo's that the Cowan girl would surely have died had the Nurse not been close." She was getting into her stride now, a hard edge came to her words. "They couldn't even properly investigate that, an incident in the school I hold out no hope for a proper investigation into the riot."

"I believe it's down to us, Richard. We need to plant some seeds and guide their growth. We must bring the purebloods together and nudge them along the way." In her younger years Drucilla would never have dreamed of such a background role but she knew her limits now. "I've already told Lysander to try and unite the pureblood students, get them to put petty squabbles aside. We really are our own worst enemies." Drucilla grinned for she knew that when needed only the most stubborn wouldn't see the sense and safety in numbers.

Richard Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Richard Morrigan
 Posted: Sep 25 2017, 12:29 PM

It was completely clear to Richard that, whatever came next, he wasn’t going to be dealing with things alone. That went a long way toward making him feel better about it all. While he had a lot of confidence in his ability to act and manipulate events, it was going to be a lot easier if he wasn’t alone in it all. The Ministry and the Wizengamot were too big and too entrenched to be handled or altered by one person alone.

“I’m glad to hear that,” he told her sincerely, “do you have the beginnings of any plans yet?”

Being unnecessary wasn’t a feeling that Richard ever intended on getting used to. Unfortunately, from what she said it wasn’t guaranteed to be something that he’d always have control over. With a grin, he disagreed, “I can’t believe that you truly feel in the way; everyone knows that you’re the main ingredient of the glue that holds the Families together. Without you and your sisters, our petty conflicts would have spun us all apart by now.”

Things didn’t sound like they’d gone too badly for the boy, but he was still glad to hear that it wasn’t anything that was beyond the ability of one of the Selwyn elves. A small grin spread briefly across his face as she said that she’d done what she could to boost the boy’s confidence; getting caught off guard was always bad for the old ego. He was sure, as well, that she was right about what the Ministry’s reaction would have been if Lysander had tried to defend himself.

The investigation into the riot was going well, and he honestly expected to see some news about it in the Prophet before too long. At the same time, he knew that some of the higher ups were digging frantically to find some way to tie some Purebloods to the mess as well – since it seemed that they were innocent of the wrong doing this time. Someone had been killed by a Killing Curse in the heat of the things and nobody could identify who’d done it or where it came from; but it was the sort of thing that so often led back to a Pureblood that the Minister and the Chief Warlock were practically salivating over the possibility.

“I’m glad that he’s well and healing up nicely. It’s a shame, however, that you’re probably right about them hauling him away if they’d been given the chance.”

“Maz is an interesting girl,” he agreed with a nod, “she can be remarkably headstrong, and word has it that she has a violent streak, but I can’t help but think he’d have been a remarkable asset to the cause had she been raised in the right environment. You’d have been able to do incredible things with her.”

“Even now she doesn’t seem to be all lost. Depending on how things turn out, we might be able to bring her home.”

At the declaration they were going to have to take matters into their own hands, he nodded and agreed, “That was the conclusion that I’ve come to as well. Things are already out of hand, and we aren’t in a position where we can really get the government or school to try and make things better. They’re not even pretending to care about us or our children anymore.”

“Lysander is a good choice to have someone start consolidating. He’s polite, well bred, and a Ravenclaw. The inter-house rivalries could cause trouble if the organization were starting in Gryffindor or Slytherin. I thought about sending Timothy to do a similar thing; but there are still a lot of children that look down on him for his mother.”

“I can reach out to try to make alliances in the Wizengamot,” he said thoughtfully, “but I truly feel like this isn’t something that is going to be solved in the halls of the government.”

Drucilla Selwyn

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Drucilla Selwyn
 Posted: Sep 28 2017, 03:13 PM

"I have... the beginning's of plans and some ideas floating around this old brain. The first of which..." Drucilla got to her seat and walked to a cabinet in the corner of the room. She opened the door and took from it a trinket box that just fit in her hand. This she opened and took out the ancient ornate key. It had come to her while she'd baked that perhaps she'd been holding onto this for a reason only suspected. Of course over the years she had always assumed she'd pass the house on to one of the girls, maybe one that didn't marry into wealth and needed a home. Now there was a much better use for her house, a use she was sure her ancestors would approve of.

Stepping back to Richard she held the key out to him. "I give you the keys to The Erested Manor. I've held onto the house for years and now I'm glad for it may prove useful." She retook her seat when Richard took the key. "It already has all the anti-muggle charms cast on it - they cannot get near. It's a forgotten house. When I was in the position to look I found very few records of my house in the Ministry and no one will find them now." A mischievous smile was sent Richards way. No one else would find records of her family home for Drucilla had gotten rid of them when she had the chance. "It shouldn't be too much of a hassle to keep it hidden from prying magical eyes."

She smiled at his praise for her and her sisters but ignored his disblief of her words. He'd see what she meant, one day. "We only did what needed to be done and we loved every minute of it. We truly did and I still do. Very proud of you all I am too."

The old woman nodded while taking another sip of her tea when Richard agreed with her thinking. The Ministry she was sure would now haul in any pureblood for any reason they could find.

"Oh the words absolutely right. I once saw the girl almost destroy a boy just out there." She pointed out the window to the street. "From what I gather he'd touched her where he shouldn't touch." She grinned again. "It's the mix of Scottish and Irish - both fighting nations coming out in the girl I think."

"That is part of our plan too then - bringing that girl home. To us. Where she belongs." Drucilla nodded in agreement with her own words. "Her and any other who has slipped to the side." Here she meant Alex of course but he was Richard's own son and unless he asked for her help Drucilla would leave it in the man's most capable hands.

The smile at his praise of Lysander lit up Drucilla's whole face. He really was a great boy, the best grandson she could have hoped for. She liked to think she treated all the children the same whether they be from her own brood or one of her sisters. It couldn't be denied though, she had a softer spot for Lysander than for any of the rest. It had been the same with his father, she loved deeply each one of her children but Malachi had held just that little bit more of her heart.

"Yes, well..." she sat up straight at the mention of Tim's mother. "That won't be the case for much longer if I have anything to do with it." Drucilla had never been the type to blame a child for their parentage. She'd never even been the type of person who could totally cut off those who married wrong always letting them know that when they came back to their sense the family would still be there. "The boy is of old blood on one side and that must count! The truly pure are too few and once again it will be the halfbloods who are in part our saviours."

"Speaking of young Timothy would it be acceptable for me to send him a letter? Over the years I've always known you more than capable of bringing him up." Even with Alex's choice of wife Drucilla knew Richard was one of the best to mold children. Alex was simply an anomoly and through no fault on Richard's part. "I should have been more a part of his life. I'd like to get to know him better, especially now he's properly started his journey to manhood."

Again Drucilla found herself nodding at Richard's words. "Yes, I fear you are right." It was then the idea came to her, one she really should have thought of before now. "We'll both of us put out our feelers from now until Christmas. I think it's past time for another one of my Christmas Eve parties." It was a bit of an insult to call the lavish affairs simple parties but Drucilla was fine with it. "I'm certain one of the family will allow the use of their home for the evening." Her mind was already making lists not just of people to invite but food to serve, entertainment to hire... it would be a fine night. More importantly it would be a night for only the proper people.

Richard Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Richard Morrigan
 Posted: Sep 29 2017, 02:18 PM

It didn’t surprise him, but it was still good to hear that Drucilla had at least the beginnings of a plan. The stress of the Wizengamot under its new leadership was sapping his time and stressing him enough that he had started to come to the conclusion he was going to have to pull back a bit if he wanted to have the time to come up with a legitimate plan to resist. Richard watched as she went and retrieved a box before returning to him and holding out the trinket.

He blinked as he saw the key she offered him and explained what it was, “I’m honored, Lady Selwyn.”

“There is no doubt in my mind that we can put the Manor to good use,” he continued, taking the key almost reverently, “I’m quite gifted with charms and wards; I’ll make a stop by once we’re done our discussion here and tighten up the protections.”

“If you’ve done as thorough a job clearing out the registry – as I’m sure you did – then between the two of us, it’ll be as though the place never existed unless it’s someone that we want to be aware of it.”

There weren’t enough people left that had an interest in doing what they could for the good of the world around them. It was important that the families look out for themselves, but somewhere along the line it seemed that they’d lost sight of the fact that they were all connected as well. Their lack of cohesion had made them easy prey for the united forces they found themselves faced off against – and he could only nod in acknowledgement and thanks of her humility.

Richard scoffed, “Then the boy deserved what was coming to him. She’s definitely a force to be reckoned with – and even worse if she truly has a reason to be.”

It was good to know that he wasn’t the only one that saw the necessity of bringing those that had slipped back into the fold. There weren’t enough Purebloods left to do what needed to be done without outside help and it was going to be an especially big deal for the newest generation – it seemed very unlikely that the undertaking they were beginning was going to be completed in one lifetime. Things had to be built up slowly or it would never last; though, he figured he could be wrong – sometimes things fell together more quickly than anyone anticipated.

Her point was well received by Richard; the families were important, and it would be better for them to have remained pure. Unfortunately – for the most part that time was gone and now it was a matter of preserving the culture. The muggles bred like rodents and if they didn’t do something, their culture and history would be stamped out and forgotten.

“Of course,” Richard replied without a second thought, “I’m sure that he’ll be very pleased to be thought of.”

“Christmas sounds wonderful – it’s been too long since a gathering was hosted by any other than the Ministry, and yours were always the best. I would be more than happy to make the Caer available, there hasn’t been real life in the place – other than us – for ages.”

Drucilla Selwyn

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Drucilla Selwyn
 Posted: Oct 6 2017, 07:32 PM

Drucilla nodded at his plans for after they'd finished speaking. She knew now for sure that she'd done the right thing. The fact that he wanted and planned to get straight to work was a very good sign.

The talk of the girl done and Alex's name remaining unmentioned Drucilla brought another pureblood she knew of. "There's a man at the Ministry, I don't know if you're aware of him - Arthur Weasley? The old lady gossip says that he wants to bring respect back to that family name. Of course that won't be achieved by just one person but if he's willing to begin that journey surely he should be helped along?"

A Weasley would be another great name to bring back to their side. The family was well known as blood traitors, especially after their involvement with Harry Potter. What a blow it would be to the other side if a Weasley were to side with the purebloods.

"Thank you." She smiled. "I'll send him some cakes too." There was certainly enough in the kitchen to go around and Drucilla suspected she'd be doing a lot of baking in the coming months. A stressful time stretched before her and she could only tend the garden while there was light for it.

"The Caer? That's fantastic! I've always thought it one of the nicer homes." And it was fitting for the image she wished to project. No one needed reminding more than the purebloods exactly what they used to be. A night in the Caer was certain to do that. "The old place will live a hundred years in one night this Christmas Eve."

"We can arrange a day for me to pop round when you aren't too busy. Just a quick look around to reaquiant myself with the place so I can start thinking of decorations, how many flowers will be required and layouts." That was her favourite part of a party. Oh she liked the socialising and dancing but preparing was where she had most fun.

"Oh and speaking of decorating and flowers that reminds me..." Drucilla got up and left the room then. She could be heard in the shop muttering to herself. She'd had help the day before - an upset friend who needed a distraction. Things had been moved. The boxes were not where she'd put them. The shop wasn't too large and soon she'd found what she was looking for.

Drucilla returned to the sitting room, two boxes floated before her and were quickly landed beside the couch. "Now remember you can always tell me if I've overstepped the mark but I had a few free moments and I was thinking of the baby." From one box Drucilla lifted a wreath. A wreath far superior to any found in the muggle world. It was a pink and purple bear with big blue eyes. A 3D bear completely made of flowers Drucilla had carefully entwined. She held it up for Richard. "I thought the children may want one last pretty thing to give their sister."

From the second box she lifted a smaller but no less beautiful wreath. This one a 3D heart made from pink and red flowers. "I also thought they may want to give their mum something too." Funerals were important. Drucilla knew that better than most. They helped in the grieving process and the poor children had a lot of that to go through.

"Please also remind Alex that I'm here to help with any flowers he wants." He had to grieve too. Drucilla might not approve his choice of wife but she didn't doubt his love for the woman.

Richard Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Richard Morrigan
 Posted: Oct 7 2017, 10:48 PM

“I’m aware of Mr. Weasley,” Richard allowed with a look of consternation.

“While I agree that it would be wonderful to bring the Weasley family back into the fold, I’m not convinced yet that he’s the one to do it. I believe he might be the last of the main branch of the family but the name will carry on with extended family.”

“From what I’ve seen of him,” he continued, “he’s a remarkably bitter man – it’s going to take something special to calm him. It will definitely be something that we should look at and work toward – but we need to be careful not to hang anything important on it. Regardless, there is a lot of passion there if it can be guided or controlled.”

Returning names as famous as Weasley would have been a huge moral victor. The problem was that it had to be the right person that was taking part; bringing in more people that were going to go off the rails and be more trouble than they were worth weren’t the sort they needed.

Another chuckle escaped him and he replied, “I’m sure he’ll appreciate those too.”

It had been a long time since there had been any real activity in the Caer, and Richard was more than willing to bring some of that life back. Since his advancement to Chief Warlock, he’d had precious little time to do any real socializing that wasn’t work related and that was done in his office at the Ministry. This would be a perfect opportunity to reforge some of the old bonds that had fallen away.

“I’m sure that the elves will be dying for the opportunity to get everything dressed up again. They’ve been getting moody lately, having a big project will be good for them.”

“My workload has reduced drastically since Saunders’ election, so I’m positive that I can make time to show you around whenever you’d like. Granted, it hasn’t changed much since you were there last, but we’ll be looking at it with a different eye this time.”

Richard sat back in his seat and listened to Drucilla rummage around in her shop and patiently waited as she found whatever it was she was looking for. When she came back, he sat up in his seat again and looked curiously at the boxes floating along with her. It was even more intriguing with her warning. A sad smile crossed his face as she revealed the gifts she’d made and he said softly, “Thank you, Lady Selwyn.”

“I will get this to the children and send your regards. They will be extremely grateful. This has obviously been very difficult on them and having something to give will help a lot.”

The sad look was on his face again at the mention of his son, “I will pass along the message, though he hasn’t been very talkative with me. I never got along with his wife, and I believe that he thinks that my feelings for her extended to him as well.”

“If he doesn’t give me the chance I’ll contact him and maybe you could reach out to him on your own.”

Drucilla Selwyn

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Drucilla Selwyn
 Posted: Oct 11 2017, 03:03 PM

"Oh well that is too bad." Drucilla didn't doubt Richard's words. It was disappointing that Arthur Weasley wasn't up to scratch but she was sure they could get him there. "I think I will take the first run at pulling him into line. I am well practiced after all." She grinned, her life had been spent ensuring family members toed the line. It wouldn't be all that different with non-family members. "Time is somewhat on our side for now." It would remian so until their efforts started being noticed.

She nodded her agreement to his statement about the elves. Some of the best of their kind were at the Caer and Drucilla knew they yearned for the hard work. They also took pride in the wizarding family they were tied too and the homes they lived in.

Again she nodded. They would be looking at the house with a different eye. "We will look first to showcasing the many beautiful features - remind the purebloods of what we have achieved. Then we well think on adding to it. The whole affair must be flashy but classy." A hard balance to achieve she knew but she felt certain that she, Richard and the elves would be more than up to the challenge.

"Now one final question for tonight... do we reach out to... others?" Getting half-bloods on side was a given and should be a much expected move. What she was suggesting was not. "Vampires, werewolves, veela and so on. They belong in our world and if this new Minister is all he's talked up to be I would not be surprised if he had his people approach the creatures and beings."

A sad look passed between them when Richard's expression changed so much at the mention of his son. Drucilla wished she could reassure the man, tell him everything would work out but she couldn't. She didn't deal in false words. Instead she put the wreaths back in their boxes and placed a small, gentle hand on Richards shoulder. "I will do my very best to help you and your son. I promise that to you."

Richard Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Richard Morrigan
 Posted: Oct 13 2017, 12:23 PM

There wasn’t anything else to do but nod in agreement. Arthur Weasley could have made a decent alley in the Ministry, but he didn’t really seem to have the temperament for undercover work. It was too possible that the man would talk too much or act too rashly and things would fall apart before they’d even had a chance to begin. Then Drucilla said she’d take a run at the man and Richard couldn’t help but chuckle, “I wish you the best of luck with him, but I think if there’s anyone alive that can bring him into line it would be you.”

Again he nodded. They would have time to plan and act as long as nobody got ahead of themselves. Considering the fact that it was only the two of them at the moment, that seemed remarkably unlikely. When they started to include more people, it would be something that they would have to watch out for.

“My thoughts exactly,” he agreed firmly, “it has to stand out but not be over the top. We’re looking to project power and confidence not foppish bravado.”

“We’ll have to,” he replied.

“I don’t know how or when we should start doing that, but you’re right that the Minister likely won’t pass up allies like that. The magical creatures suffered under the thumbs of some of the previous minister’s just like the muggles and they hold a grudge even better it seems.”

With a frown, “We’ll have to reach out to them and include them or they are likely to fall to him. The trick is going to be finding someone we can work with that can represent their species.”

“I’m grateful for that Lady Selwyn,” he replied quietly, “I’ll do what I can but my relationship with Alexander hasn’t been very close since he left Hogwarts.”

Drucilla Selwyn

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Drucilla Selwyn
 Posted: Oct 16 2017, 03:27 PM

Drucilla smiled at Richard. The trickiest part of it would be keeping the mans passion while turning him into a useful ally. "Seems I have another letter to write." Though how she'd get the letter to him without anyone knowing she didn't know right then. Drucilla didn't own an owl choosing to use the village owl post instead and she couldn't ask someone to play messenger for her. It was a thinker or... "Or perhaps I can catch up with him personally." That would maybe be easier. She'd figure something out.

She nodded. Richard knew exactly what she was getting at about the party. Drucilla expected nothing else from the man she thought to have a more quiet kind of elegance and grace.

"Yes. I thought you would agree." It was another problem though - how to reach out the the creatures and beings. "I know some people I can ask some questions." The woman was never seen with those who held bad reputations but she did know them and more importantly they knew her, and, though it was grudgingly given, they respected her too. "You could try to reach out to Dorjan." A shudder ran through her as she spoke the name. Nothing like the fear Voldemort had once inspired but a more childlike reaction held over from years of reading tales of the vampire just before bed. Her mother had warned her against it, her siblings too but Drucilla had never listened. Even now she had a bad habit of choosing a book about the vampire for some light night reading. There were just some lessons a person never managed to learn. "We may as well try to take advantage of him moving out of the shadows." She smiled at her own choice of words.

After sitting in her chair again Drucilla said. "The only advice I can give is to just gently remind him you're there from time to time. Even when he's pushing you away, even when he seems to hate you just let him know you're always there." She smiled again. "Oh and sometimes our children need to take their anger out on us. Not often, but sometimes."

Richard Morrigan

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Richard Morrigan
 Posted: Oct 16 2017, 03:53 PM

There wasn’t even time to shake his head as she mentioned writing a letter, this wasn’t the sort of thing that could be handled well through the post – there was too much finesse involved. However, it didn’t matter since it was clear that she came to the same conclusion. Richard smiled as she decided that it would probably be better if she went and saw the man in person. She clearly didn’t need his advice on the subject so he held his tongue.

“That sounds like a reasonable plan,” he said with more confidence than he was feeling, “I’ll see about reaching out to Dorjan, and you can see what sort of contacts you can come up with among the rest of them.”

Speaking to the master vampire wasn’t really something that Richard was looking forward to. Like all who grew up in the magical world, the stories of the monster were ingrained into them from their youth and it meant he was a little intimidating about reaching out. It was not a feeling that Richard appreciated at all – and it frustrated him that the needed the creature’s assistance at all.

“I wish I knew a bit more about why he was on the move again, but you’re right that this is the time to approach him.”

Richard nodded. Her thoughts were pretty much the same as his; there wasn’t anything that he could do other than to be there if his son decided to reach out and to be willing to try and mend their bridges. It was nice to have someone to talk to that he felt comfortable actually confiding in – they chatted briefly, both knowing they had things to do – before he rose and with a deep bow, “It was a pleasure to see you Lady Selwyin, we’ll have to do this again soon,” and then he made his way home to continue their preparations. A smile on his face at her assurance that she’d be sending along some treats soon.

*End Scene*

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^

Topic Options
Complete
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse