Cryptic Conjuring -> Department Inspections
It is September 2076.
This month brings highs of 16°C and lows of 10°C. Sunrise is 6.15am while the sun sets at 8pm. The sun lingers on but winds are starting to pick up again.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Rating

Click for Explanation
Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Amber -
Global Admin

- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
Social Media

Tumblr

House Points
G
H

S
R
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Board Stats
M F NB
Adults 18 15 0
University 6 3 0
Hogwarts 8 19 0

Hogwarts
First Years 2
Second Years 1
Third Years 1
Fourth Years 4
Fifth Years 6
Sixth Years 7
Seventh Years 6

University
First Years
Second Years
Third Years
Fourth Years

Blood Status
Purebloods 24
Halfbloods 29
Muggleborns 12
Unknown 1
Squibs 1
House Elves 1
Vampires 1
Veelas 4
Werewolves 1
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Add Reply
New Poll

Department Inspections, Open
Lachlan Huxley
 Posted: Mar 3 2017, 09:08 PM
Lachlan Huxley
Senior Undersecretary
- blood status -
Pureblood Werewolf
- allegiance -
Unknown
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
13-April 15

Lachlan had spent the majority of that day walking around and inspecting the departments in the Ministry. It was something the Minister never had time for so the duty passed to him. He quite enjoyed the task, it gave him a chance to be in contact with a lot of people, many who were easy to manipulate. Occasionally for fun, he would fire someone, just to shake things up. It always brightened his day to see people respect him because of fear.

He had gotten through all the departments except the Auror office. He always enjoyed that group, so easy to play with and loved saving them for last.

He strolled through the main Ministry Lobby to make it to the elevator. Head held high trying to avoid eye contact with anyone who would want to talk. But to his dismay he heard a voice call out his name, thinking to himself what the person could possibly want.

Putting on a casual smile Lachlan turned to see who it was.

--------------------
user posted image

Active Characters:
Wendy Chen, Yuri Bolgar, Yulkivotch Kantal

Inactive Characters:
April Glenn, Callan Williams, Alik Volkov, Edgar Lerch, Arun Chang,

user posted image
OWL
^
Levi Mitchell
 Posted: Mar 8 2017, 02:37 PM
Levi Mitchell
Group Icon
Auror
- blood status -
Muggleborn
- allegiance -
Unaffiliated
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
20-September 14

Upon hearing of Huxley's department inspections Levi had smiled much to the confusion of his Aurors. It was well known that Huxley was a bit of a ball breaker who liked nothing more than to throw his weight around but Levi was ready for him. So after telling his team not to worry about the man he had gone gathering.

Just two weeks before The Minister or perhaps Huxley himself had decided that the Auror Department had far too many cold cases on the files. Some of the cases dated back years and some were more recent but they all had a lack of leads in common. It was a hard task though a task that Levi had no doubt his Aurors could manage.

Manage it they had. They'd more than managed. Levi was now sitting on stats that put his run as Head Auror on par with some of the betters who came before him. Of the cold cases eighty percent had now been solved and headway was being made on another ten.

His morning and some of his afternoon had been spent going between the lower levels and his office getting the last pieces of information required to fill the files and close the cases for good. Upon reaching the Atrium with thoughts of food in his belly Levi spotted probably the most detested man in the Ministry.

"Huxley." he called to the man before strolling over to him and shoving the large pile of files he held into the man's hand. Being a large man the weight of the files had been nothing to the Auror. He had no idea how the suited Huxley would cope with it though.

"The cases The Minister wanted us to go over. Most solved. There are more files in my office." Of course what he'd handed to Huxley was only the tip of the pile, the last ones he'd taken with him when gathering the relevant papers. "Some trials are done and dusted, mostly the ones involving a deceased culprit." That rankled Levi. Yes justice had been served at last but the perp had gotten to live their lives out with no official punishment. "More trials are beginning tomorrow morning."

Lachlan Huxley

--------------------
[user posted image
OWL
^
Lachlan Huxley
 Posted: Mar 8 2017, 05:10 PM
Lachlan Huxley
Senior Undersecretary
- blood status -
Pureblood Werewolf
- allegiance -
Unknown
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
13-April 15

Lachlan gave a bit of an eye roll when he realized it was Levi the now Head Auror. If it were up to him, someone more easy to influence would have been better. Lachlan could never get his grasp into Levi. It was for that fact that Lachlan absolutely could not stand the man.

He stepped back slightly surprised when a stack of files wee shoved at him and gave the man before him a slight glare. Getting himself together he changed to a fake grin, "Ah Mr. Mitchell, it is quite funny I was just about to visit your department. But I see you sought me out first." He said not really happy that his new suit was getting spots of dust on it. Not to mention the weight of the files was a bit uncomfortable for him.

Lachlan listened and nodded as Levi explained that his department had solved most of the cold cases they had and were finishing up some trials tomorrow. Of course, even Lachlan was pretty impressed, he definitely underestimated Levi. It was in Lachlan's hope that the Auror would fail and he could somehow convince the Minister that Levi was unfit for Head Auror, but it seemed he would have to find another way to discredit the man.

Lachlan let the Auror finish before he spoke, "Well it's about time you solved all of those cases. But of course what good does it do the victims of these people's crimes? Let's hope your small department doesn't get too far behind again." Lachlan replied knowing it would jab at the Auror a little. "Afterall I am sure I could find better-suited Auror's that would actually do their job and make sure justice was served in swifter time." He gave the Head Auror a sly smile and patted the files he was holding.

"Perhaps after these trails tomorrow we can sit down and discuss how to properly run and maintain the Auror Department. I am only trying to help of course. I hope you don't feel I am stepping on any toes when I say this." He paused just to see Levi's expression. "After all it was an embarrassment to the Minister to hear that our Auror's were letting so many cases go cold. How can one feel safe, when we are letting criminals get away?" Lachlan implored, not really expecting an answer.

Levi Mitchell

--------------------
user posted image

Active Characters:

Inactive Characters:

user posted image
OWL
^
Levi Mitchell
 Posted: Mar 8 2017, 05:41 PM
Levi Mitchell
Group Icon
Auror
- blood status -
Muggleborn
- allegiance -
Unaffiliated
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
20-September 14

The Auror merely nodded at Huxley's greeting. He could waste his time pointing out their paths had crossed but that's exactly what he would be doing - wasting his time. Huxley would put his own spin on it and use it to goad. Levi couldn't be bothered with all that so no reaction was the best reaction.

With Huxley talking Levi put on what he thought of as his cop face - blank and bored. He never could understand why Huxley tried this with him or any other Auror for that matter. They listened to people talk crap daily, had their jobs threatened daily... had to deal with people like Huxley at least weekly.

Inside he was laughing. Oh boy he thought what a fool. Which he'd always known Huxley to be of course. An educated fool. They very worst kind of fool and dangerous too. Not that Levi felt in danger of anything. The worst Huxley could do to him was take his job from him. Yes, to the Auror it would be a blow, but he was sure he could get over it. Maybe even be a muggle police officer though he'd have to go to America for that. American cops just seemed cooler.

When the man had finished Levi laughed out loud turning some heads in the hall. "You speak as though you have no clue what a 'cold case' actually is." he paused, smirking himself now before placing a heavy hand atop the pile. "The majority of these cases and the others awaiting you in the department are from even before my time in Auror Training. I will, of course, take full responsibility from the grand total of zero from my time as Head Auror" His run hadn't been long enough to accumulate any cold cases. "and, since I'm just that kind of man, I'll even take responsibility for the small percentage that happened while I was a mere Auror." With a polite smile he removed the weight of his hand.

After another short laugh he added, "The people you'd have to get your rocks off gloating over for most of them are either retired or stone cold dead. Best of luck with the venture though."

Levi turned without even checking Huxley for a reaction and walked towards the lifts. "You should get your skates on. Plenty more files for you to ferry to the Minister in the department and my office." Just then a new nickname popped into the Auror's head for Huxley, one he was surprised none of the others had come up with before them. Lachlan the Lacky. For Levi it didn't matter who you were assistant to... you were still an assistant. He held the elevator door, it was only polite. Huxley did have that big pile of files to heft about.

Lachlan Huxley

--------------------
[user posted image
OWL
^
Lachlan Huxley
 Posted: Mar 13 2017, 08:19 PM
Lachlan Huxley
Senior Undersecretary
- blood status -
Pureblood Werewolf
- allegiance -
Unknown
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
13-April 15

Lachlan gave Levi a dirty look, kind of taken aback by the Auror laughing. He hated that Levi took him as a joke. He hated even more that Levi's hand on the stack of files was really heavy. making it even more uncomfortable for him. "I can assure you, Mr. Mitchell, I know what a cold case is." He shot back. "I am merely pointing out that the Auror office for some time has not done well at all. I don't care if it was your fault or the others before you. It's still a mismanaged department."

Lachlan smirked as Levi went on taking responsibility for all of it, being that type of man, and this time he laughed rolling his eyes, "Well you taking responsibility proves to me that even you must feel the same. Good job Mr. Mitchell. Takes a big man to accept their faults and the faults of others." Lachlan grinned, he was relieved that Levi had finally removed his hand. The extra weight wasn't pleasant.

before he could say more Levi had turned walking away. Lachlan shook his head in aggravation, it was very rude for one to walk away and expect someone to follow without warning. Still, he followed and proceeded on the elevator lift that Levi held open. He shifted the pile of files that were beginning to become very unpleasant to hold and grabbed one of the handles above them in the lift.

"I think speaking to you has told me enough about the Auror Department. I also think I will sit in on the trails tomorrow and take some notes. If you don't mind." Lachlan said, giving Levi a very fake smile. "I really do hope you do well as Head Auror Mitchell. One mistake and I won't have an issue replacing you with someone... I find more suitable."

When the elevator stopped and the doors opened, Lachlan stepped out and turned back to Levi."Goodbye Mitchell. I will be watching." With that Lachlan made his way to his office.

--------------------
user posted image

Active Characters:

Inactive Characters:

user posted image
OWL
^
Levi Mitchell
 Posted: Mar 22 2017, 04:29 PM
Levi Mitchell
Group Icon
Auror
- blood status -
Muggleborn
- allegiance -
Unaffiliated
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
20-September 14

With smirk Levi shook his head amusedly at Huxley's protestations. Obviously the guy was at it, twisting his own words to suit the narrative he ran with. Nothing new to the Auror. "Was a mismanaged department." Levi corrected. Under his command the Auror department was quickly becoming a well oiled ship. Personally Levi felt that had a lot to do with himself, he hadn't changed upon being appointed Head Auror only his responsibilities and workload had. More time was spent in the Auror's room (where he felt more comfortable) that cut off from them in his office.

"Yeah! You should totally give that a try sometime." Levi quipped happily back. "Lightens the soul."

A frown crossed the big Auror's features. "Why would I mind? The Wizengamot only call on us if needed and they're smart people - written statements and the files are more than enough for them." He held back from asking the man if he actually knew how any facet of the law department worked. His digs had been had and Levi could save others for a later date. His head was shaking again as his laughter was held at the threat. Merlin that man's job must be the only thing in his life for him to think the threat of sacking would bother Levi.

The large Auror wondered then if perhaps Portia was the cause of his change in attitude. Before all he'd had was his work but now, well, in his sopier moments, Levi liked to think he had the whole world.

"Always nice to have a hobby." Another quip from the Auror as the man left the lift. Levi himself carried on to the Auror office and once there sent someone to track down Jacinth. He'd fill her and his team in on Huxley's threats and words. As much as his job loss wouldn't be much of an issue for the others... well, they all had lives to lead and some of them even had families to feed.

--------------------
[user posted image
OWL
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse