Cryptic Conjuring -> Keeping In Touch
It is May 2077.
High temps reach 14°C while the lows stay nice at 7°C. Day begins at 5.30am and ends with sunset at 9pm. Rain is an almost constant with dry days being mostly clouded over.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
House Points
G
H

R
S
Board Stats
M F
Adults 19 12
University 3 1
Hogwarts 14 12

Hogwarts
First Years 0
Second Years 1
Third Years 1
Fourth Years 5
Fifth Years 4
Sixth Years 11
Seventh Years 4

Hogwarts Houses
Gryffindors 7
Hufflepuffs 6
Ravenclaws 5
Slytherins 8

University
First Years 2
Second Years 2
Third Years 0
Fourth Years 0

Blood Status
Purebloods 22
Halfbloods 20
Muggleborns 12
Unknown 2
Squibs 1
Vampires 1
Veelas 4
Fey 1
Werewolves 0
Changeling 0
Social Media

Tumblr

Rating

Click for Explanation
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Complete
New Poll

Keeping In Touch, Lilli/Jason
Jason Taylor
 Posted: Sep 28 2017, 03:16 PM

For the first time that he could really remember, things were going well for Jason and he wasn’t exactly sure what to do about it. He’d taken to the position in the Department of Mysteries like a duck to water; there weren’t words for how much he loved the work, it was interesting and there was always something new. At first he’d been worried that he’d struggle with not being able to talk about it, but he hadn’t considered the fact that stricture wouldn’t really count with the other Unspeakables so, really, it was just an awesome new job.

His new family had been emphatic that he hadn’t had to leave, but Jason just didn’t feel comfortable intruding on the people – especially when Caryn went back to school – so he’d saved up a bit and gotten a small apartment in downtown London, not too far from the entrance to the Ministry. It wasn’t the best neighborhood, but it was mostly quiet and he wasn’t too worried about anything since he had a magical security system.

He’d made it a point to keep up with his family – stopping in at least once a week, and leaving with entirely too much food. Still, he wasn’t much of a cook so he wasn’t about to start turning down the home cooked meals. What he hadn’t had a chance to do, was keep up too much with Lilli – she’d given him the number for her friends and he felt like the worst friend in the world that he wasn’t even sure she was still keeping in touch with them, but he was reasonably convinced she wouldn’t have just walked away from them.

Still, he’d given it a try and he was at least able to get a message to her; giving her his address and directions to get there as well as his phone number. From that point, it was just a waiting game, and hoping that she’d have the time to get back to him.

Lilli Duvall

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Lilli Duvall
 Posted: Oct 22 2017, 05:28 PM

Lilli was busy. Her dad had given her even more money when she’d finished school. She had added it to the vault he’d opened for her and hadn’t touched it since. She was saving all of that for when it was time to open her own store. Currently, she was working in a random shop in Diagon Alley, while renting a small flat above another shop. She knew she needed to learn how to run a shop before trying to make a success of her own.

She had looked into taking a couple of business courses at a muggle university, but she had noticed that a lot of the muggle practices wouldn’t help her run a shop in the wizarding world. She did take a few Charms courses at the magical university though. And she was learning useful, yet basic, Runes by reading manuals on broomsticks.

She knew she was lucky that she had something left over from her pay after all of her expenditures were done. That money went into her vault as well. By now, she knew she had more than enough money to start her shop. What she didn’t have was the business knowledge and the inventory. But that would come in time. As with anything she was actually interested in, she learned easily.

Since she had the day off, she decided to go to her old neighborhood and see what was happening. After arriving by apparition into an old alley, she skated over to the skate park to see who was around. She was pleasantly surprised to receive a message from Jason. She grinned as she pocketed the information. After spending a couple of hours hanging out and skating with her old buddies, along with some new kids, she went back home and freshened up. She was sure a shower would be more than appreciated since she’d worked up a bit of a sweat.

Once she was dressed again, she checked the time. She smiled when she saw that it was late afternoon. Hoping Jason would be home, she managed to find his flat. She knocked on the door and waited.

Jason Taylor
OWLHowler
^
Jason Taylor
 Posted: Oct 23 2017, 03:03 PM

Visitors weren’t something that Jason got a lot of at his new apartment. Aside from a young woman across the hall that insisted on stopping by to borrow things that he – to date – hadn’t gotten back; other than that he’d had to go and see other people on the rare occasion that he was looking for company. While he’d known that Lilli had his address, it had sort of slipped his mind as he had gone through his day and he flinched at the sound of someone knocking.

Quietly, he rose from his seat on the second-hand sofa in his living room – a horrifying burnt orange contraption that was far, far more comfortable than it had any right to be – and made his way toward the door. Carefully he peaked through the peephole, expecting to see his annoying neighbor, and a bright smile blossomed on his face as he made out the familiar form of his friend.

“Hello,” he greeted softly, though happily, as he opened the door for her and stepped out of the way, “Come on in!”

Once she was inside he shut and latched the door behind her before motioning her into the living room where his sofa sat along with a plush recliner. Aside from that there was a TV sitting on a small shelf that was almost completely surrounded by books. The walls were lined with bookshelves all around the living room and into what was clearly the dining area. From the entry way a hallway led back deeper into the apartment.

Jason smiled brightly at her and asked, “How are you? How are things going since graduation?”

“Would you like something to drink?” he asked, almost as though he’d forgotten – it was stupid, but he was excited to see her again. She was one of a very small number of people that he liked to spend time with outside of the research and thought exercises at work.

“It’s good to see you again.”

Lilli Duvall

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Lilli Duvall
 Posted: Nov 9 2017, 01:58 PM

Lilli waited, somewhat impatiently, as she waited for Jason to answer the door. She wasn’t even sure if he was home, but that was the chance she’d had to take.

Finally he did, and she was invited in. She smiled at him as she stepped through the door and waited for him to close it behind her. She gave a slight frown as he latched the door. Was this building not safe enough to leave a door unlocked when one was home? She didn’t like the idea of him living in a dangerous place. She resolved not to say anything though. She knew she couldn’t protect him forever. That didn’t make it easier.

She looked around as he showed her to the living room. “Nice flat,” she commented, sure that he would be able to hear the small bit of reluctance in her voice. He had fixed it up nicely, and she could definitely tell it was his, what with all the books, but she still worried about this particular neighborhood.

“I’m all right,” she told him. “Things have been much more peaceful since we finished school. I have a job at a store in Diagon and a flat above one of the shops. It’s smaller than yours is, I think, but it’s got a roof. What else do I need?” she laughed. “I’m basically learning how to run a shop. I’m also learning some of the charms and runes I’ll need and I’m experimenting until I get it right.” She wasn’t doing anything dangerous. She just hadn’t hit on the right combination yet to make a skateboard something to be popular in the magical world.

She shook her head at the offer of a drink. She wasn’t thirsty right then. “Not right now. I’ll let you know if I want one though.” She took a seat. “How have you been? I’ve missed you, but I was trying to give you time to get settled after your cousin told me that you got your own place.”

She grinned at him when he said it was nice to see her. “Likewise. Now, come sit down and tell me everything you can.”

Jason Taylor
OWLHowler
^
Jason Taylor
 Posted: Nov 9 2017, 04:19 PM

“Thank you,” he replied as he looked around happily; completely missing the reluctance in her tone. Jason was beyond happy with his place. Granted, the neighborhood could have been a little nicer but he was reasonably sure that you could say that about anywhere. This spot, however, was his and he could do anything he wanted to make it feel like home. It left him with an amazing sense of freedom.

“I really like it here, and it’s nice to have somewhere that’s actually mine.”

He nodded in agreement. Even with as busy as things were at work, it seemed less busy then when they’d been back at school. Jason attributed that to the fact that – while he was technically working on a project – he was allowed to follow his imagination and ideas wherever they led him. He perked up as she started talking about her apartment and her job, “That sounds great! What kind of spells are you working on? Is there anything I can do to help?”

“Okay,” he agreed, then he smiled at her question, “I’ve missed you too. I’ve been doing really well actually. I’d hoped that I would fit in with the Department, but I can’t say that I’d honestly expected to. Everyone is really nice, and they try to be really helpful.”

“They’re always around if I need a sounding board but they don’t push me to do anything any specific way.”

Then he smiled and added, “You didn’t have to wait to come see me – you’re always welcome here. Assuming that they told you where I was… other than that, I suppose that you did have to wait to come see me…”

He took a seat on his couch and settled into the corner against the arm rest as he considered the answer. There wasn’t a lot that he could tell her about his job – or at least the details of it. This was going to be the biggest downside of working for the Department of Mysteries, he was sure. While he couldn’t give her any details about his work, he had no such issues talking about his colleagues – and he did… at length…

They were all really nice people who seemed to go out of their way to help him settle in and find his footing without really even thinking about it. They didn’t even treat him like the “newcomer” and there was precious little hazing. None really. From there he went on to talk about how he was settling into his new apartment and what all he wanted to do to it. He complained good naturedly about the neighbor across the hall and how often she came by to borrow things – and how frustrating it was to so rarely have what it was she was looking for.

After a bit of rambling on he asked, “How about you? Other than working at the shop and fiddling about with the charms, what are you up to?”

Lilli Duvall

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Lilli Duvall
 Posted: Dec 17 2017, 07:44 PM

Lilli understood where Jason was coming from, just being happy to have a place of his own. She just wished it could have been a better place, in a better neighborhood. “I’m glad you’re enjoying it.” Her own place was no winner, being above a shop, but at least it was in a safer area. Was beginning pay so bad that he couldn’t afford nicer?

“I’m just working on some basic safety charms right now. The main problem I’m having is weaving them together onto the same object. If you have any advice, that would be great, but I that isn’t why I wanted to see you,” she told him. “I just missed you. You’re probably my closest friend and I wanted tp spend some time with you if you were free for a while.”

She grinned at his smile. If he was smiling, he must really be having a good time, or at least he felt good about whatever it was he was doing. “It sounds like you’re fitting in just fine there.” Was there something else to add? She tried, but couldn’t think of anything.

“Now that sounds like something you would really enjoy,” she commented on how he seemed to enjoy his freedom. She knew that he’d wished for more freedom at school about how to go about doing things and was glad he had it now.

“Exactly,” she laughed. “I did have to wait until you’d gotten my letter and was able to reply and all that. If you hadn’t left your own info, I’m not sure I would have gotten it easily at all.” She was just glad that she’d thought to ask for any info.

Lilli wasn’t as excited to hear Jason’s commentary as he seemed to be to tell it, but she was happy for him regardless. He really seemed to like and respect the people he worked with, and was liked and respected in return. She was glad he didn’t feel like an outcast at work as he had at home and, to some extent, at school.

She shook her head as he tried to turn the conversation to her. “That’s most of what I’ve been doing outside of skateboarding. It’s a lot easier to find a skate park in London than it was around Hogwarts.” She thought for a moment. “Well, I have been working on learning how to cook. I do have to feed myself somehow, and cooking is cheaper than eating out all the time.” She was saving every penny she could. The more she saved, the faster she could open her own shop. “Maybe some time, you’ll come by and help me test myself.”

Jason Taylor
OWLHowler
^
Jason Taylor
 Posted: Dec 19 2017, 11:40 AM

“I have been,” he agreed with a nod and a quiet smile. She seemed hesitant about something to him, but there was no question in his mind that it wasn’t about his pleasure with his new job. Lilli had been on his side longer than anyone else, and he was sure she supported him in whatever he was doing – he knew that if she wanted to tell him what was bothering he’d listen, but he didn’t feel comfortable pushing for the information.

“Without seeing what you’re dealing with I’m not sure what advice I could offer. However, if you’d like me to, I’d be happy to stop by and take a look at it with you. Maybe we can come up with something good working together?”

Jason ducked his head as she said that he was her best friend – it wasn’t something that he’d ever really expected to hear. While he knew that she considered him to be her friend, he’d have thought that there would be other people that she ranked higher. It was on the tip of his tongue to point out that she was his only friend – but it sounded too pathetic, even in his mind, so instead he replied, “Thank you – and I’m definitely free. I’ll always make time to be free for you.”

“It feels that way too,” he confirmed sincerely.

“I do,” he agreed, “it’s amazing.”

Having the opportunity to pursue his own interests – as long as they fell within a broad framework of ideas – was incredible and he actually felt like he was doing something useful. Something that could make a real difference in the lives of a lot of people down the line.

“Then I’m even more glad that I remembered to leave it for you. I’ve missed you. I know that it’s part of growing up and graduating – but it’s weird not seeing you more often.”

At her mention of how hard it had been to find a skate park at Hogwarts, he perked up and said, “You should build one. If you’re going to be making skateboards more available for the magical world – you should give them somewhere to use them.”

“I’d be happy to come by any time.”

*Fade Scene*

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Muggle World | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Complete
New Poll