Cryptic Conjuring -> We're Not Alone
It is January 2077.
This month has highs of 6°C with lows into the minuses. The days are short with sunrise at 9am and sunset at 4pm. Snow is likely as is the wind that often accompanies it.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Rating

Click for Explanation
Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Amber -
Global Admin

- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
Social Media

Tumblr

House Points
G
H

S
R
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Board Stats
M F NB
Adults 18 15 0
University 6 3 0
Hogwarts 12 20 0

Hogwarts
First Years 2
Second Years 1
Third Years 1
Fourth Years 5
Fifth Years 6
Sixth Years 11
Seventh Years 6

University
First Years
Second Years
Third Years
Fourth Years

Blood Status
Purebloods 26
Halfbloods 30
Muggleborns 13
Unknown 1
Squibs 1
House Elves 1
Vampires 1
Veelas 4
Werewolves 1
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Complete
New Poll

We're Not Alone, Amber/Theron
Theron Rosier
 Posted: Jul 13 2017, 08:10 PM
Theron Rosier
Group Icon
5th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
29-June 17

Theron was positively seething as he stalked through Diagon Alley. The crowds were ever-present, as they usually were during the summer, and it took an unexpected surge of will to prevent himself from lashing out at the people around him. It didn’t make any sense to him that people could be this happy and noisy after the news that had come out in the Prophet. Things had been deteriorating for a while now, but with the new faces in the Ministry everything was bound to get exponentially worse; very quickly.

His parents knew Stewart very well, and spoke very disparagingly of the man. As they’d expected with his elevation; they’d both come under investigation and it seemed like someone from on high – no guesses needed to figure out who – was trying to get them fired. That shouldn’t have been an issue; their family should have had more than enough money to not even need to work there, but the Ministry had already taken steps to destroy their family name and now it seemed they were looking to finish the job.

A group of mudbloods that he recognized from his House at school came blundering out of Fortescue’s and Theron snarled at them, and glared as they laughed at him. One of them called out for him to relax and he turned his back on them. There were things he needed to get, but he couldn’t stand to deal with the crowds at the moment, so he took a step off to the side and stepped into a doorway to catch his breath and regain his composure.

Amber Elison

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Jul 13 2017, 08:44 PM
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

Amber absolutely hated being in Diagon Alley alone. There was always too much going on for her to be able to pay as much attention to her surroundings as she would like. It wasn’t like there were many people she trusted to watch her back, but even then, at least there were a few. As it was, after the debacle at the Ministry, her trust in the general population was at an all-time low. She could feel the glares of mudbloods following her as they seemed to continue their celebration of victory. A celebration that she silently vowed would be short-lived if she could do anything about it.

Not having any real plans, she ended up in the ice cream shop. She wasn’t even hungry, but Tim had asked her to give him some privacy for some reason. Her only guess had been something to do with her birthday, but he hadn’t answered her suspicion at all, not even to confirm or deny. In a fit of pouting, she told him she’d be going shopping. Of course, that meant her first stop had been the bank to get some galleons. At least nothing had happened there. The goblins didn’t care about anything but gold. That worked well for her.

And now, there she was, sitting in a corner table. She liked this particular chair because her back was to two walls and no one could approach her without her knowing it ahead of time. At the moment though, she wasn’t glaring at anyone. She was glaring at her ice cream. It wasn’t that melted, thanks to charms on the bowl it was in, but it was getting a bit runny in spots. She just couldn’t really bring herself to eat it.

Theron Rosier

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Theron Rosier
 Posted: Jul 18 2017, 03:08 PM
Theron Rosier
Group Icon
5th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
29-June 17

Once his temper was back under control, Theron took a deep breath and shouldered his way back out onto the thoroughfare and continued along his way. At least for a couple of steps when something out of the corner of his eye caught his attention and he came to a complete stop. The person behind him wasn’t quite as quick and bumped into him; Theron whirled on the poor unfortunate and reamed him out as the guy flushed and hurried on his way.

That done, he turned back to see if his eyes had deceived him; but no, there sat Amber Elison – all alone. It was rare to see her away from the company of his mudblood cousin. From the look on her face, and the glare she was shooting at her desert, she wasn’t any more pleased with the state of affairs than he was. It helped a lot to see someone else of the same mind while surrounded by idiots that didn’t seem to know what was on the line.

With just a brief moment of hesitation, he entered the ice cream parlor and crossed the room to where she was sitting. A polite smile on his face, he greeted, “Do you mind some company?”

It didn’t seem right to leave a pureblood scion sitting there all alone; especially not one that was so ridiculously attached to a mudblood while being so thoroughly committed to pureblood ideals. The situation was a tragedy that he just couldn’t let stand.

“Despite the crowd, good company is so hard to find today.”

Amber Elison

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Jul 19 2017, 05:00 PM
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

Amber was mostly off in her own little world, mentally ranting about the state of affairs of the day. Why in the name of Merlin’s fifty foot beard had she decided to come to Diagon Alley? Today of all days? She wished she could go back in time and not come here. Or at least pack a headache reliever. True, she could get one from the apothecary, but she didn’t trust those potions not to be inferior in some way. She much preferred using her own.

Suddenly, a voice interrupted her inner dialogue. She glanced up, trying to place the face. Theron. That was it. One of Tim’s cousins. She’d have liked him just fine if he wasn’t so disparaging towards Tim. Even so, it wouldn’t do to alienate him. Not right then. She waved her hand at the three empty chairs at the table. “Go for it. I’m not waiting on amyone,” she shrugged.

It was just pathetic, and she felt a spike of internal anger, that she couldn’t even muster up the urge to return the polite smile.

“Gee, you think?” she asked sarcastically, when he mentioned how difficult it was to find good company. “You’d think there was a…what’s the word? That muggle thing where people march down a street?” She just couldn’t think of the name for a parade. “That’s what they’re doing anyway.”

She shook her head. “You know, a lot of those people,” she glared out the window across the shop, “could benefit from learning some public manners.” What kind of people went around in public like that anyway?

Theron Rosier

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Theron Rosier
 Posted: Jul 20 2017, 03:08 PM
Theron Rosier
Group Icon
5th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
29-June 17

“Thank you,” he replied graciously as he took the offered seat across the table from her. Theron vaguely wondered just where his cousin had gotten off to, but not really enough to ask about it. Frankly, while he was looking forward to a conversation with Amber, he was equally as pleased not to have to speak to Tim. The latest in a branch of Morrigans that desperately needed to be pruned.

The anger that crossed her face, along with the tone in her voice, were impossible to miss and he laughed at her response, “In this particular instance I think that I’d call it a riot?” His eyes drifted toward the front window of the ice cream shop and out at the noisy and rambunctious crowds. Anger simmered just below the surface as he scoffed and amended, “Or maybe a zoo-break.”

He wasn’t too sure of just what word it was she was driving for – but it didn’t matter as far as he was concerned. Regardless of what the school did, they could make him remember stuff for the test but he’d be damned if they actually found a way to make him learn it. Muggle stuff like that didn’t have any place in the magical world and anyone who thought that it did deserved to be executed for treason as far as he was concerned.

“Public manners, yes,” he mused.

Then he grinned a cold grin and shrugged, “Or maybe a good heart attack. That would be just as good, if not better. Clear out some of the useless people.”

Amber Elison

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Jul 21 2017, 03:35 PM
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

“Never let it be said I’m not polite,” Amber responded to Theron’s thanks. She was glad he took the seat across from her rather than one of the ones nearer her. There was just something about him that put her on edge. Maybe it was because she knew he couldn’t stand Tim.

“A riot would be more violent, I think,” she replied to his suggested word. “There’s no real violence out there.” She shrugged. “You’d think they’d at least have the idea of some fun.” If she didn’t think a bit of violence was fun, she’d have never played quidditch or got as into dueling as she was. “A zoo-break is doable as a word,” she nodded. “They do tend to act like caged animals who have suddenly found themselves free. And the new Minister, Chief Warlock,” she sneered, “and the Headmaster are the monkeys who got hold of the keys.” Those three were going to ruin the world. She just knew it.

“A heart attack? How would that help anything? Even I can’t make multiple people have random heart attacks.” Not that she wouldn’t have tried if she could have done it from a distance. At least being around Tim and Mr. Morrigan for all these years had taught her to think strategically enough that she wouldn’t do something stupid. “Most people are useless,” she waved a hand, showing that she thought so but only negligently.

“So, what brings you to the Alley today?”

Theron Rosier

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Theron Rosier
 Posted: Jul 21 2017, 03:52 PM
Theron Rosier
Group Icon
5th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
29-June 17

“Of course not,” he replied with an amused grin as he settled into his seat, “I’m reasonably sure that anyone who knows you well enough to make that sort of remark about you would be too aware of how big of a mistake that would be to ever really consider it.”

As she contradicted his first recommendation his eyes slid toward the window and his hand twitched toward his wand briefly as he nodded in agreement but replied, “Maybe there should be.”

“Monkeys indeed. Now what we need is someone who’s willing to do what is needed to put them back into their cages and make sure the cursed things are locked. None of them have any place in a position of power.”

“It’s disgusting that there are so many people that are willing to accept this as, ‘The way things are,’” he finished with a shake of his head.

Her question amused him and he turned a smile on her. A spark of… something… bloodlust, maybe, shone in his eye as he replied, “If nothing else, it would reduce the number of animals that needed to be put back in their cages. Anything that does that is absolutely a good thing.”

Theron laughed, “In hindsight, I think that referring to any of those things as people is being overly generous.”

“I was hoping to get in for my school supplies before things became too out of hand. I can’t tell if I was too late or if things are just going to be insane here all summer. What about you? What brings you here if you’re not waiting on anyone?”

Amber Elison

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Jul 21 2017, 04:05 PM
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

Amber raised an eyebrow. “Oh, I’m sure that there’s a multitude of people who would disagree about my being polite. Not that it matters. Those people are rarely in my presence, and a couple of them will never again be in my presence. But hey, if you want to encourage that way of thinking, feel free to do so.” If nothing else, the mental image was kind of funny.

“Of course there should be,” she rolled her eyes. “But short of starting something ourselves, I doubt that they’ll even think about it. And sorry, but I’m not going to follow in mommy dearest’s footsteps and go die in Azkaban.” Too bad there was nothing she could think of to induce violence in Diagon. It would be quite amusing.

“Strangely enough, I find myself in agreement with you,” she spoke softly. “I will also caution against saying too much out loud in the public ice cream shop. But, since we are on the subject, I will not say that it’s the way things are. I will say that it is what it is…for now.” She didn’t have any specific plans, nor did anyone else as far as she knew, but she didn’t want to accept things the way they were. She would have done so had Mr. Morrigan stayed in his position, but since he hadn’t, there was nothing to tell her to keep her head down. If only she had some idea of what she could do about it. But no. Anything she did would reflect badly on her guardian. And that, she’d never willingly do.

“And again, I agree with you,” she gave one regal nod. “But also again, I’m not prepared to do anything about it at this time.” Hmm, could she somehow introduce dragon pox among the mudblood population? Most magically-raised children had a vaccine for it, but it hadn’t been a problem in so long that she wasn’t sure if that vaccine was given to mudbloods.

“Did I call them people?” she asked. “I do believe I referred to them as animals. And, if I’m honest, I don’t think it’s much of a secret how I feel about those creatures.” Anyone who actually knew her would know that the only animal she tolerated was her owl.

“I came for ice cream,” she told him with a straight face. She pushed the untouched sundae over to him. “Even so, I find that I have no appetite. You can have it if you want.” She pushed the unused spoon over to him as well. “I was thinking about heading into Knockturn before those in power decide to give it an unneeded facelift.” Besides, who knew what she’d find there?

Theron Rosier

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Theron Rosier
 Posted: Jul 21 2017, 08:09 PM
Theron Rosier
Group Icon
5th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
29-June 17

“Oh, I wasn’t saying that there weren’t people that would disagree. Just that your reputation is such that they’d be stupid to say that to your face. Though, the world is full of stupid people; so, who knows how that would go really.”

With an effort of will, Theron bit back a snarky response as she rolled her eyes at him. He knew that there wasn’t really anything they could do to start a riot in the Alley – but that didn’t make him want to any less. Besides, they didn’t really have to start a riot. They could have just found someone off on their own and beaten the crap out of them.

“Is that really so strange?” he asked curiously.

“See?” he continued once she’d mentioned that it was the way things were at the moment, “It’s not strange at all that we agree. It seems to me that we’re on the same page, in fact. This is only the way things are for as long as we allow it.”

Her comment – at this time – made Theron smile. With a shrug he said, “Well, when you do feel up to doing something about this mess, I hope that you’ll keep me in mind.”

Theron nodded in recognition of her claim. She’d just been responding to what he’d said; his statement about them being animals had been meant to clarify his own position, not correct hers. However, they were once again, seemingly, on the same page and he felt no need to dredge up an argument where one didn’t need to exist.

“I appreciate the thought,” he replied as he pushed the second hand ice cream over to the side of the table, “though I’d say that a trip through Knockturn sounds like a far better use of my time – would you care for some company?”

Amber Elison

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Jul 21 2017, 08:57 PM
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

"Well, how boring. It would be fun if someone actually posed a real challenge. Fun field don't really count on that, by the way." Amber wasn't quit sure where this attitude of hers was coming from. It was just what Theron brought out in her.

Was he serious with that question? Did he actually expect an answer? Apparently she was going to give him one whether he did it not. "Yes, it is actually strange. I'm not sure when you've ever shared your views with me. Usually, you don't even deign to talk to me." She wasn't sure why he seemed to avoid her and Tim at school. "Aren't you worried about being seen with a Slytherin? What else could it be?" She wasn't sure if she was asking for a serious answer or if she was trying to find him in some way. Right then, he was amusing her so she decided to just go with it.

"How is it not strange?" She asked. " I'm not aware of much that we agree on. After all, it's not like we sit around talking about our thoughts, feelings, and beliefs. " Then again, the number of people she say with and spoke of all those things numbered exactly one. No one but Tim was privy to how she felt most times, and she wasn't even really used to talking to him about such things. It was an ongoing process for her.

She raised an eyebrow when he spoke of Her keeping him in m
ind whenever she thought to do something about the current affairs. "Oh? And why should I do that?" After all, it wasn't like she trusted him implicitly. She trusted almost no one that much. Almost being the key word. "Though, of course, if you have any ideas, I'd be happy to hear them. Preferably something that wouldn't land me in Azkaban." It wasn't like she could be protected from that forever if she decided to keep testing the limits of Her guardian.

"Well, if you won't eat it either, I guess I just wasted some money." It wasn't like she couldn't afford it. She's be coming into her inheritance soon, not just a trust. She didn't even care that it truly would be wasted. And then he offered to accompany her to Knockturn. She knew she'd be safer with him. While she could easily take care of herself, some of the more unsavory characters there wouldn't know that. And there was not such a thing as too many eyes watching one's back. But she had to know one thing. "Why are you offering to come with me? You can, but I still want to know why."

Theron Rosier

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Theron Rosier
 Posted: Jul 23 2017, 06:35 PM
Theron Rosier
Group Icon
5th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
29-June 17

“Yes, it does sound boring. I imagine that would be very entertaining if you could find a legitimate challenger. Though, I also think that you could have a lot of fun with a stupid, useless idiot,” Theron replied with a mischievous grin. It was a good mental image, though it was always a good mental image to picture the idiots being put in their places.

“This is true, though largely because we run in different circles – as dictated by our different years and Houses.”

He shook his head and made a face, purposefully skipping over his firm belief that his cousin was a waste of space and magical resources, “I have no issues with spending time with a Slytherin. By all rights, it’s the House that I should have been in anyway. I have no idea what the Hat was thinking; I wish there was way to be resorted.”

“Well,” his eyebrow arched in confusion that the question would need to be asked, “because when it is time to do something about this situation, we’re going to want to have as many allies as we can get. I suppose that we could continue to ignore each other but that seems like it would be a massive waste of resources.”

“Caution is important, but I can’t help but feel that this instinctual distrust is a big part of why we’ve lost so much ground over the years.”

There wasn’t any reason to mention the desire to avoid Azkaban. Everyone felt that way – to the best of his knowledge – but when it came time to act everyone who was involved was going to have to commit themselves to the fight. If people were going to hang back, and only take part when it was ‘safe,’ then there wasn’t any reason to begin anything anyway.

“Because I don’t want ice cream.”

He continued, “Because I don’t want to deal with the moronic crowds out there right now.

“Because I haven’t been to Knockturn in a while, we are on the same side, and I enjoy your company,” he finished with a shrug.

Amber Elison

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Amber Elison
 Posted: Jul 23 2017, 07:08 PM
Amber Elison
Group Icon
7th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
4-September 14

“I don’t normally have patience to deal with stupid, useless idiots,” Amber waved the thought away with her hand. That was better left up to someone else, anyone else, as far as she was concerned. “Besides, if I did find a legitimate challenge anywhere in public, my days of being underestimated would be over quite quickly, I would imagine.”

She raised an eyebrow as she regarded what he said about different circles and different years and different houses. “Uh-huh.” She didn’t really believe him for a minute there, though she wasn’t sure why. She’d been known to hang out with people in different houses and years, though that was generally when she wanted something from someone, so all in all, that wasn’t a very good excuse.

“You’re not the only one who has your beliefs in Gryffindor. They might be few and far between, but they do exist. I had a friend there who graduated a couple of years ago who held similar beliefs.” She used the term friend loosely. She hadn’t kept in touch with him once he’d left school. She didn’t say that the Hat must have seen something in him to put him in Gryffindor. After all, hadn’t he shown some boldness and possibly bravery in walking up to her when he had to have been unsure of his welcome?

“You speak of allies, but you also seem to be prepared to dismiss half of the magical population because they aren’t pure.” She gave him a condescending smile and lowered her voice. “You know the mudbloods will never flip. Why should they? They currently have the power. But you really should consider courting the halfbloods and persuading them to our way of thinking. No one is stupid enough to believe that the mudbloods are stealing magic like they did years ago, I hope, but those halfbloods who have at least one pureblood parents, or can trace their magic back more than a couple of generations, might be open to ideas.” With that, she was more sounding him out on the idea. It did make perfect sense. Besides, she personally had no problem with halfbloods exactly. She cared more about how they were raised.

“Maybe because very few people actually earn the trust of others?” she pointed out. “Remember the stories of how purebloods who were desperate to save themselves, after Harry Potter won the last war, turned on others and pointed fingers? I’m sure that broke any kind of trust that once existed.” She didn’t say that she was sure that he would be one of those who turned on friends and foes alike if he’d lived back then.

“All the crowds are moronic,” she told him. “It’s part of being near a crowd. But if you want to come with me, sure.” She stood and grabbed her bag. “But don’t expect me to believe that you want to come just because we agree on some things and you enjoy my company. I’m just not sure what you want from me yet, and I’m willing to play along until I find out.” She gestured at him. “Lead the way. You’re blocking me in.”

Theron Rosier

--------------------

Thanks, G!

All Characters:

OWL
^
Theron Rosier
 Posted: Jul 24 2017, 06:01 PM
Theron Rosier
Group Icon
5th year
- blood status -
Pureblood
- allegiance -
Purist
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
29-June 17

“Sure,” he replied with a shrug, “if you wanted to deal with them all peacefully.  However, that wasn’t quite what I had in mind.”

The arched brow, if not the tone of her response told him that she clearly didn’t believe him.  It was all she was getting at the moment though, so he simply shrugged again and offered her an unrepentant smile.  If he’d taken the time to tell her exactly why he didn’t spend that much time talking to her, she was apt to just up and walk away.  That wasn’t what he was after right now.

“I think I remember him,” he agreed with a nod, and he really did.  There had never been too many people in Gryffindor who’d had the same thought process as he did.

“You’re right though that there aren’t that many of us.  Makes it hard to find a circle of friends.  The Lions hate us for our beliefs and there are a depressing number of Slytherins that hate us for being Lions.  It can get right frustrating at times.”

Again, a frown as he processed her words and tried to formulate her response.  Somehow Tim had gotten far, far under her armor and it was both impressive and infuriating.  With a nod he replied, “I wouldn’t say that I’d dismiss them completely.  They’re useful to have around, but they don’t belong in leadership positions of our world.”

“They only have incentive to work for the best of themselves as they have much reduced ties to our world.  I’m in no way saying that they should be destroyed or anything of that nature, but they aren’t our leaders and they shouldn’t be.  They straddle both worlds and that can’t be forgotten.”

“True, but how many people do you give the opportunity to earn your trust?” he countered curiously.  It was something that he struggled with too – for the most part he pretty much expected everyone to fail him.  So, even when he was ostensibly giving someone a chance it was most often in an attempt to get the most out of them that he could before they proved their worthlessness.

“I remember,” he confirmed with a nod, “several of my relatives died fighting for the cause – misguided as Voldemort may have been at the end.”

The biggest problem, as Theron saw it was that Voldemort had been all too focused on the Potter brat.  It always had seemed to him that the Prophecy had become self-fulfilling by its mere existence.  If Voldemort had never heard about the Prophecy, he likely would have cleansed their world.  It was something that that Theron took to heart I his complete dismissal of all things Divination.

With a laugh he stood and offered his hand to help her rise as well, “Very well, then I will take this chance to show you my good intentions.  Maybe this can be our opportunity to start to earn some trust.”

*End Scene*

--------------------

Thanks for the arts, G!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | The Alleys Archives | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Complete
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse