Two Year Anniversary!

April 2017 Featured RPG

July Featured RPG

November Featured RPG

Cryptic Conjuring -> Charming Fragnance
It is June 2076. The sun is sticking around and with it the early rises and late sunsets. This month has highs of 15°C and lows of 7°C. Rain becomes rarer while one or two thunderstorms will occur. High pollen count and high humidity start to become issues.

A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Rating

Click for Explanation
Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
Amber
Global Admin

Maz
Plot Admin

Tim
General Admin

G
Admin's Little Helper
Social Media

Tumblr

House Points
Gryffindor

Hufflepuff

Ravenclaw

Slytherin

Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Board Stats
Adults
Male 14
Female 10
Non-binary 0

University
Male 2
Female 2
Non-binary 0

Hogwarts
Male 7
Female 13
Non-binary 0

First Years
Second Years
Third Years
Fourth Years
Fifth Years
Sixth Years
Seventh Years

Blood Status
Pureblood 13
Halfblood 21
Muggleborn 10
Unknown 1
Squib 1

Creatures
Banshees 0
Centaurs 0
Faeries 0
Giants (part) 0
Goblins 0
House Elves 0
Vampires 1
Veela 4
Werewolves 1
Memories
Looking Back

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Charming Fragnance
Pavon B Sannesley
 Posted: Jan 24 2017, 04:08 PM

5th year

Group Icon

Plotter

Galleons: 695
Member Inventory: View

It was the holidays and as promised, the younger of the Sannesley's was once again working at the Hogsmeade. It was better than staying at Hogwarts and it allowed for more freedom. It gave him something to do and the company of the lady that owned the shop was equally exquisite. To be quite honest, the reason he was here was not so much pay, although he earned more than he usually did, doing homework for others or something similar, but her. Her presence made him feel better. Of course the fact he had once more gone and been able to take a dose of his potion, helped too, but even without that it felt as though whenever she was around his mind and body would, at least for a while, completely forget the dire need for that cursed thing.

So that day he had been at the shop since morning. He opened early, and came even earlier to clean it up and have it prepared for the first customers. Holidays were always a good time to make more sales, especially the ones around winter time when gifting was practically in the contract of having free time.

It was till about noon that customers kept coming in requiring this or that. He helped them, gave advice and sold the soaps, the creams, the perfumes and tonics and whichever else they asked for. He had gotten rather good at recognising what would suit a customer whether by their personality or really, just their appearance. Well noon had come and gone. He had a very short pause and it continued like that till evening when at final last he could think about closing the store again for the day.

When the customer left he turned to check the supplies and began restocking one of the shelves.

Mickey Crawford Artemisia Evergreen

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Artemisia Evergreen
 Posted: Jan 24 2017, 05:37 PM

Owner of Herboristerie Amortentia | Full Veela

Group Icon

Plotter

Galleons: 665

Artemisia slipped into her shop after having been out all day enjoying the freedom of the dark forest which was so beautifully bedecked by a layer of freshly fallen snow. She had also gone ice swimming in the lake, an activity she truly loved. Being back in the northern climate had made her realise just how much she missed the cold winters, and not to mention the delicious sensation of the icy water against her bare skin. It truly made one feel so exhilarated.

“Hello, my pet.” She said to Pavon who had been tending to her shop all day. And for the majority of the holidays as well actually, something she really appreciated. She stroke his cheek with the tips of her fingers which were remarkably warm considering she had just come from outside and was still wet from her swim. He seemed to be quite sensitive to cold, she had noted, and she didn’t want to shock the poor boy so she had made sure to make her hands warm before touching him. “I brought you some food.”

She wasn’t sure why but she’d become quite keen on the idea of feeding Pavon whenever he was working in her shop. She supposed it may have started with the visit from Mickey. If had felt important to her to provide him with food, to keep him happy and nourished, and so when her son wasn’t around, Pavon was the next best thing. He was a growing young man too, just like her son, and growing young men needed to be fed.

“It’s a… A pasty, I think the woman called it.” To be honest, Artemisia didn’t know a great deal about cooking. At least not that type of cooking. Certainly she was an exceptional hunter, and she skillfully skinned and prepare every kill before cooking it over an open fire with fresh herbs and spices, whatever nature had to offer, really, and in that sense she was an excellent cook. But making meat and vegetables look nothing like their original forms was something she had never quite gotten into. It was a little strange in her opinion, the food wizardkind seemed to enjoy, but to be fair wizardkind were a little strange quite often.

“It’s from that little place around the corner. I hear people say their food is very good.” She added before ushering him away from the shelf where he was restocking to sit on one of the stools by a small wood burning stove situated in the back corner of the shop. She then handed him the pasty which was neatly wrapped in paper. “It’s been a long day. Eat. It’s still warm.”

Pavon B Sannesley
Mickey Crawford

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Pavon B Sannesley
 Posted: Jan 27 2017, 03:43 AM

5th year

Group Icon

Plotter

Normally Pavon would not have allowed anybody to call him pet even in an endearing way, but Artemisia was not just anybody. Instead of a frown, he looked quite pleased, happy that she was back, glad to see her. He could have resembled a feline the way he reacted to her touch. Appreciative, wanting for it to linger, to stay, and only sinking deeper in his admiration for the lady of the house. "Good evening." He answered in a most respectful tone, leaning just a bit into the touch, pausing what he was doing for those moments so that he might not drop something by accident. He should have been surprised at how warm her hands were, but he was simply grateful that they were not cold. He hated the winter temperatures for the sole reason that they were never keeping him comfortable without layer upon layer of clothes. Gloves were a must during those days, thick scarves of various lengths would exchange their place around his neck, the warmer, the longer, the better. He wore the long coats, although here his options of how many he could change were limited. They were used, and while in considerably good state, they could not be mistaken as the newest fashion. Never the less the cut had been classic and fitting well enough.

Even in Artemisia's store Pavon sometimes wore his gloves. He'd opted for his dragon ones at those times, since their grip was almost as if he wore no gloves, while they did not clash with his job requirements too much, and they kept his hands warm.

He hadn't even remembered that he should have eaten until she brought it up and then even if hunger would have reared its ugly head, had he a choice between going out to eat and leaving her, or staying there a little while longer, he'd opt for the second. But she brought food, as she had a few times now, and his smile broadened. It was nice to think that this most exquisite pearl that could find no match in others, cared.

"Thank you." He would have argued that he wanted to finish restocking but one look of hers and an indication on where he was supposed to go and he obeyed, taking the pastry with him. "The place has great food." He agreed. It was true this time, but even if she had gotten him something merely adequate he would be just as happy to receive it. He was not picky or demanding, or spoiled or brattish. Not around her. "We are almost out of the ..." He began to explain which perfumes and creams were sold that day and which a regular customer now, came to order but would pick them up in a few days. He did quiet down after a few bites, and he had manners so he never ate at the very same time that he talked, and he kept his mouth shut until it was clear too.

Oh he had been hungry, he realised, and this was delicious, and he was also feeling much much better now. The tremor that plagued him for a part of the day was gone, although he could not deny, he was always feeling better here. Even when he ate when he ate. "This is delicious, thank you, m'lady. How was your day? " He smiled.

Artemisia Evergreen

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Mickey Crawford
 Posted: Feb 7 2017, 09:22 PM

7th Year | Quidditch Captain | Veela

Group Icon

Plotter

Galleons: 3560

With the usual loud crack of apparition Mickey appeared in Hogsmeade just narrowly avoiding toppling over because of his Quidditch attire. He could have done the sensible thing and gotten changed but that would delay his telling of the news. For months he hadn't breathed a word to anyone but his father about the trials and now they were done he had to tell his mother. He felt that out of all people she believed in him most when it came to his future in Quidditch. She'd known he belonged in the sky.

As soon as he'd spoken to the head coach and been told the good news Mickey had wanted to come and tell her. Straight away he'd told his father his intention. His dad's reaction had been a strange one. There had been no objections but a hint of something Mickey couldn't quite place in the man's eyes. Not letting himself dwell on it and ruin his mood Mickey had agreed to be home soon and been on his way.

Obviously he wanted to celebrate with his grandparents who he knew would make a right fuss. He'd never deny them that, not in a million years. First he had to do this and if they minded at all he didn't believe he cared. For years his mother hadn't been in his life and Mickey felt there was nothing wrong with making the most of her being around.

As he opened the door he was beaming as he tried to anticipate the look on her face. Would she be proud? She had to to be, right? As he opened the door he reminded himself to be wary, there was always the chance of history repeating itself and, if it did he'd end up hurting. He certainly didn't need a repeat of that awkward hug of their first meeting and he hadn't even been filled with adrenaline then. The bell rang and he stepped into the shop fully but didn't see anyone straight away.

"Hello?" he called out stepping further in. "M-" he stopped himself. He'd not used that word yet, except in his head. "Miss?" Instantly he felt utterly stupid. What kind of person called their own mother 'Miss'? With a reddening face he made his way towards the back, maybe he'd need to call upstairs to her.

As soon as he saw them sitting there in the corner Mickey stopped. That rat and his mother. That festering pile of scum and his mother! Did he know? Had Pavon somehow found out who she was and... and what? What could he possibly gain out of being here with Mickey's mum? As he felt an implosion of anger within Mickey's hands snapped into fists the all important letter being crushed in one. Right there and then he wanted to throw himself at Pavon and burn the face off him.

Taking a step back Mickey swallowed loudly trying to put a lid on what he knew to be irrational rage. He glanced at Artemisia and finding it helped kept his eyes trained on her. "I... I..." he was stumped for words, there were none available to him for that situation. "I had trials with the Kenmare Kestrals today." he said the first thing he could think of, the last thing he'd been thinking of before he came to the shop. "They picked me. I've got a place at their training camp in the summer."

As excited as he had been when he walked through the door his words sounded flat. The sight of Pavon had taken all the air from his balloon. Holding up the letter in evidence he failed to notice either the singed smell or the small patches smouldering at his fist.

Pavon B Sannesley
Artemisia Evergreen

--------------------
user posted image
OWLHowler
^
Artemisia Evergreen
 Posted: Feb 15 2017, 10:04 AM

Group Icon

Plotter

"Hush." Artemisia insisted, motioning for him to eat rather than talk of whatever needed restocking. “Eat, my dear.”
Of course she was grateful for his enthusiasm, and it must be said that ever since he had started helping with the shop business had bloomed impressively. Admittedly though, running a shop had never been about profit for her. She still realised that some profit was necessary, naturally, but simply put, as long as the profit of sales met the expenses of production and rent, Artemisia really did not care at all for making money. It was an overrated idea which, in truth, really had no value at all. Consequently she now found herself with some excess money with which she had little idea of what to do. She had considered giving a portion of it to Pavon but what she really wanted to do was to give it to Jon, or to Mickey. She knew though, that people were generally uncomfortable with being given money, which she found it rather peculiar, but she supposed it was a matter of pride... She would simply have to figure out another way to get it to them, somehow.

"Oh, it was most uplifting." She replied with a sultry smirk. “I went ice swimming in the lake, you see. Nothing you would enjoy, my pet, I’m certain, but I tell you, it really is quite wonderful... But, more importantly, I went foraging for some rose hips. I’ve been meaning to cook you a syrup.”
Removing her cloak and hanging it up next to the hearth so that it would dry, she then added some more wood to the fire before seating herself on a stool next to to the boy. “I’m feeling a little too tired to do that right now though, I’m afraid. I think I much rather keep you company whilst you eat, and rest my feet for a moment.” Preferably she would have liked to change into a dry kaftan too, but right now she just wanted to relax for a bit. She let out a pleasurable sigh as the warmth from the fire swept over her.
“I will make you that syrup later tonight, I think.” She went on thoughtfully, “Some rose hips will do you good... If you don’t mind my saying so but you’ve been looking weary lately. You’re not overexerting yourself, I ho-”

Interrupted by the sound of the bell, a warm smile lit up her face as she recognised the voice calling out. “Mickey.” She whispered to herself almost inaudible. How she had longed for him, and waited and waited for him to come through that door again. Swiftly she swept off her seat to meet him, and maybe be allowed that hug she hadn’t been allowed last time, but the moment she saw him, and saw the the smouldering paper at his fist, her smile fell into a frown.

Taking a step towards him, she placed her hand over his clenched fist clutching the piece of parchment, stroking his knuckles ever so softly in the hopes it would sooth him. "That is wonderful news... Is it not?”
It was a little confusing, she thought. From what she had gathered from their previous conversation, getting picked by the quidditch team was exactly what he wanted, yet seemed furious rather than joyous. “Will you tell me about it?”

Pavon B Sannesley
Mickey Crawford

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Pavon B Sannesley
 Posted: Feb 19 2017, 12:49 PM

5th year

Group Icon

Plotter

Pavon obediently turned silent once he was told to do so. He enjoyed the treat he was brought, not only because it did taste good, but because Artemisia brought it for him. He enjoyed spending time at her shop, even if it meant he had to deal with customers and actually work. He enjoyed the atmosphere and of course it was probably much the fault of her being what she was, but he could not find a day that he did not look forward to coming to work.

The customers were granted the pleasant sort of enthusiasm of a cultured boy, who was polite, helpful, charming whenever they came in. The fact he felt better here than normally, helped too.

When she spoke, he listened attentively too. He agreed that icy water was nothing that he would ever have looked forward to, and he was surprised how she could enjoy it, still, if she did, that was good to hear. His smile broadened when she said she had gone and picked something specifically for him. It was nice to hear that someone would make an effort for him alone and care whether he was doing well or not, but here this seemed a normality, another reason that he did not mind the long hours - even if she probably did not expect him to do them anyway - of staying at the shop, or even assistance in other things, such as sorting out the petals from the stuff that would be thrown away, or cleaning up, anything really.

"You need not hurry at all." He said, his voice warm and his expression grateful. "It is very kind of you to have even considered it." He was about to tell her that he was not overtaxing himself at all and that she need not worry about him and that he would be fine when a boy entered the shop. He began to get up, thinking it would be one of those customers again. Wanting to buy something for their mom or to attract the girls from his school. He was already formulating suggestions that would fit either of the two options when he took a better look at the idiot who walked into a shop full of glass bottles wearing quidditch clothes.

It was Mickey. What did he want here? Oh right, so he WAS using something from the shop to try and lure the ladies in. Although, as he was now rather well acquainted with the products he could not connect any with the exact effect this boy had on the people, while using it.

He felt more stunned when he saw how happy Artemisia appeared when she saw him. She knew him too. They knew each other. It felt as though he was barging in on something and he did feel a pang of jealousy. Seated where he was he just observed them though, in silence. He ate what he had been given slowly, trying to enjoy its taste still. He knew it was clear that he must have stayed there for a while as his outer robe was draped over a chair closer to the counter where he could serve the customers. For the sake of Artemisia he would not attempt to kick Mickey out, even if the temptation was great to do so. He had no business being here!

He contemplated sitting down again then paused and decided to finish with the restocking of that shelf he worked on earlier. It would take him past the two. He smiled his best , charming smile as he spoke to Artemisia, and Mickey in passing. "Thank you for the treat, Miss. It was delicious." His eyes stopped on Mickey. "Good evening." And returned to Artemisia with the same charm as before. " I will finish the rest up now." And with that he walked towards the shelf, seeing as Mickey looked less like a customer and more like....hmm...well he wasn't quite sure yet what.

Mickey Crawford
Artemisia Evergreen

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Mickey Crawford
 Posted: Feb 21 2017, 09:42 PM

Group Icon

Plotter

Mickey looked down at her hand when she covered his fist noticing the singed parchment and frowning at it. He was well used to his hands heating up when he started to feel angry as he so often had for many months. Only twice before had it resulted in burns though and there was another difference. Before he'd always been aware of it, felt the heat building. There was no build up in this instance though, just the rage and the burning from his palm.

Putting every effort into concentrating on how much he wanted to keep the letter Mickey didn't immediately answer his mother. His brow sweated as he was sure he taken some kind of control of this side by himself. The heat receded bit by slow but as he found his mother's presence calmed him as his father's so often did. This however felt different in some way, perhaps just because it hadn't been a reaction that had taken time.

Finally feeling ready to answer her questions Mickey was rudely interrupted by Sannesley. Again he felt the rage want to burn but with another concentrated effort he just managed to keep anymore of the parchment from being damaged. With a dark look to his eyes Mickey stared at the Slytherin and would have taken great pleasure from punching him in the face. Again, showing restraint he himself would have thought impossible Mickey kept his mouth shut.

He couldn't help wondering again why Pavon was here. He obviously wasn't a regular customer so what exactly was he up to? Why was his mother even given someone so unpleasant the time of day? Wanting to ask her exactly that Mickey stopped watching Pavon but when he turned he found he couldn't ask. He didn't want to sound whiny and he really didn't want to hear from her own lips that his mother actually liked someone so abhorrent.

"Yeah, it's great news." He answered finally, still not sounding anything close to how enthusiastic he should. "Sorry I kept it secret but" he glanced at Pavon not particularly happy that he would hear the his reason. What did it matter really though? His fear had been unfounded. "I was worried I wouldn't get picked... that the others would be better than me. I only told Dad." It felt like making sure she knew he didn't mean it as a slight was the most important thing. "I've been busy practicing too." He added, as a way of explaining his lack of visits.

"I... well, it was really great. There was a load of us but only a dozen got picked. I was picked first." There was no keeping the pride out of his voice. "I out flew them all and some of them were uni students." Shooting a glance at Pavon he hoped the other boy had heard all of that. As far as Mickey could tell Pavon was the type who hated and was jealous of the success of anyone who wasn't a pureblood.

Pavon B Sannesley
Artemisia Evergreen

--------------------
user posted image
OWLHowler
^
Artemisia Evergreen
 Posted: Feb 28 2017, 06:13 PM

Group Icon

Plotter

“You’re welcome, my dear. I’m glad you enjoyed it.” Artemisia smiled at the boy as he went passed them to finish the restocking. “It’s quite late, you can go ahead and prepare to close up shop for the night after you’ve completed that, if you’d like. I doubt there will be any more customers this evening.”
The not so friendly exchange between the two boys did not escape her. Pavon was an agreeable and knowledgeable young man and why Mickey was giving him such a dark look struck her as rather peculiar. She would perhaps have liked to pry into the matter a little, but she found herself simply too pleased to see her son to pay it any mind. At least for now.

Instead she let Pavon get on with his work and focused all her attention on Mickey who, after some struggle, seemed to have regained his composure and saving the unfortunate parchment from incinerating completely. She gave his hand a light squeeze of encouragement before letting it go.
“I understand.” She assured him. "Don't worry about it." She might have felt some jealousy for not having been told of his upcoming trials, and such an important one at that, but she found herself not being bothered by it at all. It really didn't matter so much what he hadn't done but that he was there sharing his news with her now, and by the looks of it he’d probably come directly from the trials, and that meant a lot to her.
"I'm so incredibly proud of you, Mickey." She was positively all aglow with pride and had she had some self-restraint she would probably have gone a little easier on her son seeing as this was only their second meeting but self-restraint was not something she practiced very often, and she cupped his face with her hands and placed a light kiss on each of his cheeks.
"Picked first, too. Though, I'm hardly surprised about that. You really do belong up there in the sky.”

“So, does this mean you will play for the Kestrels after the summer?"
Seeing as Mickey enjoyed quidditch so much she'd actually gone and made an effort to learn a little more about it after having discovered witches and wizards often gathered in the village pub to bond over a shared enthusiasm for the sport. It was no difficulty in finding men willing to help her on her quest to become a little more savvy on the subject. One might even say they were a little too willing as by the end of the evening they were practically competing with one another to better explain every term and ever rule of the game to her.
Perhaps she didn't feel quite so much the wiser afterwards, but at least she wouldn't mix up the different team positions anymore and she could probably tell a quaffle from a bludger, but more impressively she could actually say what a Double Eight Loop and a Starfish and Stick were, which she thought wasn’t too bad at all considering. But she did not know what a training camp was exactly, and whether being selected for it actually meant a guaranteed place on the team or not, and she hoped he would have some patience with her still evident ignorance on the subject.

Pavon B Sannesley
Mickey Crawford

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Pavon B Sannesley
 Posted: Mar 4 2017, 05:58 PM

5th year

Group Icon

Plotter

Pavon did his best to ignore the conversation between the two. He did not want to hear about any success Mickey might have had. He hated him. He hated the fact that he was here and that Artemisia seemed to shower him with her attention. It looked almost as a mother being all too attentive to her son.

Mickey had no mother though. His mother left him, abandoned him when he was much younger. Was this an adoptive one now? Or did he see this woman and thought to adopt her as a mother figure? Or...

He glanced at the two, studying them both together. He hated to admit it, hated to even think about it, but there were certain similarities which could suggest a genetic correlation between the two. Of course where Artemisia was beautiful, Mickey continued to just be ugly inside out.

He turned away from them again and decided to finish up with the filling out of the shelves. Once he did that he marked down which products needed restocking, which were out completely and thus needed making anew and also drew a line on which had been the most popular of the day. It was always good to keep tabs on that. That way he would know what needed to be produced in greater quantities, and what would suffice to have just the few examples.

Once he was done he walked to the door to turn the sign, officially closing the shop. There was a lady that had just reached the door as he did so. She looked disappointed. Instead of turning his back on her though he paused and then opened the door for her never the less. "The last customer for today, miss." He smiled politely and motioned to the store. "Is there anything particular I can interest you in?"

The lady knew what she wanted and needed some guidance on a few other creams and perfumes and soothing balms. She was shown around and soon they had a good assortment of products she needed, wanted and... maybe one or two she decided to buy on the spot because of the 'helpful, young gentleman who was really so charming she could not refuse.

Once she was ready he ushered her to the desk where he even packed her newly bought bottles and balms neatly with a few flicks of his wand. She paid , thanked him again, saying something along the lines that she was already late for a birthday celebration and that she would have come earlier, but oh so many things had gone wrong and she needed to buy the gifts and she would have been left practically empty handed if he had not let her in. Pavon answered in equal politeness and with the same charm as before, before walking her to the door.

He welcomed her to come again and wished her a fun evening. Once she was gone, after thanking him just a few more times, he glanced along the street, left and right, and finally locked the door.

He did not check if Mickey or Artemisia were done with their discussion yet, but rather focused on closing the shop for the night. Dimming some of the lights, locking what needed to be locked and then counting the money that had been earned that day. Writing down the amounts to see that all computed as it should, and then turned to walk to the pair, his eyes only on Artemisia.

"He smiled warmly and cleared his throat first before speaking. "The shop is officially closed. It was a good day. This is the amount you've earned." It was a generous sum, written neatly on the parchment. "I've left the list of items that we ran out here as well." All that time he ignored Mickey, but was all business without even a trace of hostility the other boy displayed. At best, he was even more charming than he had been with the lady that left earlier.

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Mickey Crawford
 Posted: Mar 8 2017, 12:38 PM

Group Icon

Plotter

An incredible sense of relief swept through Mickey when his mother said she understood. He had wrestled with his decision all the week he'd known he'd made it into the trials. He'd wanted to tell her straight away but at the same time didn't want her disappointed if he failed. She'd said he belonged in the sky and that had struck a chord with Mickey becoming one of the most important thing anyone had ever said to him. He smiled at her dimples showing and all.

She said it again and she was proud of him. Mickey really wouldn't have been surprised if he started glowing with pride. He did belong in the sky and as good as he already was on a broom he'd only get better still through time.

"I can though I'd have to start on the reserve team but Dad and the coach don't think I'll spend long waiting for my chance on the main squad. I can still go to University if I want, play in that easier league and practice with the Kestrals in my off time." It had all been explained to him. His spot was there each year until he was ready or, if the university was able (and Mickey was up to the task) he could play and study. His mind had yet to made up on what option he was going to go with. He still had time though so no need to worry too much about it yet.

Not wanting to dwell on his choices just yet Mickey went on. "I wish you could have been there. I did some of my best moves - some of the players hadn't ever seen them before." Mickey's years on the Gryffindor Quidditch team had not been wasted, not in the slightest. He'd spent his time inventing and practicing new moves of his own design and perfecting the ones others had come up with before him. "The assistant coach even said I should try out for Seeker but that's a boring position. I like being in the thick of it."

With Pavon out of sight, out of mind Mickey found himself relaxing again, happy in his mother's presence. The smile on his face beamed and his emerald eyes were alight. There was even a bounce to his unmoving feet - he just couldn't keep still. He wasn't even aware of the customer who entered and left the shop with all of his attention being taken by the woman before him.

He was aware of Pavon though when the Slytherin made his way back towards them. Thinking of preservation he shoved the parchment into his pocket, he could only hope it would still look good framed and hung on the wall in his bedroom. Charming Pavon turned Mickey's stomach because it was all an act. A play to make people like him because did they know the real him Mickey was sure most would be disgusted. A nasty piece of work and nothing more with a hate-filled heart. Again Mickey turned dark eyes on the younger boy while a voice in his head sounded I will kill him if he hurts my mother. The voice meant it. Mickey meant it. His now empty hands curled to fists at his sides as he once again contemplated the happy feeling that would come from punching Pavon square on the nose.

Instead of doing it Mickey took a step back both from Pavon and his mother. It hurt him that he had to step away from her, he wanted nothing more than to be as near her as he could. He couldn't trust himself though. It was taking every bit of effort and willpower he had to keep his hands from burning and to not launch himself at Pavon. He really didn't want a repeat of what happened in Diagon Alley to happen in his mums shop.

Artemisia Evergreen
Pavon B Sannesley

--------------------
user posted image
OWLHowler
^
Artemisia Evergreen
 Posted: Mar 15 2017, 06:03 PM

Group Icon

Plotter

Artemisia wasn’t necessarily against the idea of Mickey going to university but she wasn’t keen on it either. Wizarding lives were too short to be wasting all those years in school and university, and she wanted Mickey to live and be free, and lead a carefree existence where he did precisely what he wanted to do and not what he thought he should be doing according to anyone else, particularly not if it meant compromising his heart’s desire to meet any societal expectations which formal education very much seemed to be. Of course that meant she couldn’t push for her son not going to university either, even if she wanted to do that, but she was fine with that because ultimately she wanted him to do what he truly desired.

“It all sounds very exciting. Just keep in mind though, that university will always be there whether it’s six months from now, six years, or even twenty years... so don’t let that stop you from pursuing quidditch full time if that’s what you really want to do. It’s very important you do whatever it is you want to do, Mickey, or you might regret it later in life.”

It really did make her happy her that her son was doing so well and that he was following his dream to play for the Kenmore Kestrels, but it still saddened her a little because it felt like she might be losing him right when she’d finally found him. By the sound of things he was going to begin living this dream directly after graduating Hogwarts and if she was perfectly honest, she had been looking forward to his graduation and him having the whole summer free, thinking of maybe taking him to see places... Her home in the north and her tribal sisters. His aunts, she supposed, in a sense. That wasn’t going to happen with him being busy training all summer and it was disappointing to her. But she was still so happy for him, and ever so proud.

“I wish I could have been there too. But there will be plenty of more opportunities.” Like Jon, she too had every intention of attending his every game. So much so that Mickey might even eventually come to find it annoying to have such stalking parents.
She beamed at his story of how he had impressed the other players with his skills and she added with a tone of assured confidence. “You know, one day there will probably be a move named after you.”

When Pavon had finished his tasks and returned, Artemisia smiled lovingly at him. “Wonderful pet, thank you.”
Once again though, there was a sudden change in Mickey’s demeanor at Pavon’s appearance and whatever the reason may be for her son’s moving away, it was enough to evoke a need to protect her offspring, and she instinctively positioned herself between the two boys so that Mickey was now partly behind her, shielding him in a sense, as any mother would. However insignificant a threat Pavon posed, Artemisia knew better than to dismiss an instinct.

“You both go to Hogwarts... I gather you boys know each other?” The question although meant for the both of them it was directed mainly at Pavon whom she was watching with great intensity, if not a little raptorially.

Pavon B Sannesley
Mickey Crawford

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Pavon B Sannesley
 Posted: Mar 15 2017, 06:25 PM

5th year

Group Icon

Plotter

The atmosphere changed. All thanks to Mickey no less. If he could keep his temper down and be civil for once Artemisia would not have gone from a kind and loving person to one hostile towards the younger of the two boys. Pavon looked startled. Sure, he saw Mickey react to him and he did not care to stoop to his level if it would upset the lady of the fine establishment.

The way they interacted reminded him of a mother and child. There was some shared resemblance and the way she now moved to stand before Mickey, only confirmed his thoughts. She did not know about him however else he would not have been able to work here for this long with her being so kind to him. Quite unlike Mickey who was a spoiled brat, a prat and a cheat. Which was also probably why he ever got a chance on that team or would have gotten one on any team. He kept his face calm, even if he felt rather hateful towards Mickey. In a matter of seconds, it seemed, the bastard would take one thing that he enjoyed and where he felt wanted and cared about.

"...We go to the same school." He answered avoiding Mickey's gaze but this time also hers. Why was it that Mickey always had to ruin everything? And her? She just turned on him , well she would. It felt like she would the moment Mickey drew the accusing finger.

He took a step back. He could almost feel the chill. "I also play quidditch." Well, he had done in the past. Currently there were certain issues with the classes that made that a little less a thing. "But we are not in the same house." The answers were vague, and yet in some ways answering her question well too. "I'm Slytherin, he's Gryffindor." He didn't want to loose this. He really didn't.

He waited then. He would have said more but it all would have sounded like he was trying to weasel out of it. He felt angry too. Mickey got everything, always!

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Mickey Crawford
 Posted: Mar 26 2017, 07:33 PM

Group Icon

Plotter

"Twenty years?" Mickey's nose wrinkled as he thought of that. "I don't want to go to university when I'm old!" He even managed a small chuckle at that. Twenty years to Mickey was a lifetime away, a year too far in the future to bother thinking about. "But... I know what you mean. At least I have options." His smile beamed as he said it. At eleven when he'd first stepped into magical school Mickey would have put a bet on having no options by the time he was taking his last step there.

He wasn't dismissing what she said and he would think it all over. He simply felt that there was still time to start the actual thinking. Of course there wasn't much time but Mickey was the master procrastinator. Anything he didn't enjoy was put off to the last possible minute. Maybe he'd make a list soon, the pro's and con's of each of his available choices. That might help if he could see it all at once.

His nod was vigorous in his agreement that there would be more opportunities. "That would be the coolest." Mickey answered her next comment as his excitement climbed once more. It was a far out part of his dream but there nonetheless. If he could and he fully intended to work as hard as he could at it Mickey would have a move he invented named after him one day. He'd go in the Quidditch history books never to be deleted, never to be forgotten. The confidence in her voice wasn't missed and was a memory Mickey knew he'd relive again and again.

Mickey frowned as his mother moved to block his path to Pavon but also realised it was better for him. He didn't need his mother's protection from Pavon but he might just need it from himself. Seeing the Slytherin there and continuing to be there in the shop had ignited in Mickey a rage in intensities he'd never felt before. It wasn't just jealousy either but through an urge to keep her from the other boy's nastiness and it ran deep. Both the jealousy and the protective streak. Mickey had to fight with himself extremely hard to keep rooted to the spot and not change the situation to one where he stood before his mum.

"Yeah, our houses don't like each other." Mickey spoke after Pavon and was surprised to find his voice steady. "He's a beater and I'm a chaser - we never get on... mostly because beaters are always aiming stuff at our heads." It was partly the truth though Mickey didn't hate any of the other beaters he came up against, he even got on really well with a few of them.

Artemisia Evergreen
Pavon B Sannesley

--------------------
user posted image
OWLHowler
^
Artemisia Evergreen
 Posted: Mar 27 2017, 06:32 PM

Group Icon

Plotter

Artemisia accepted their answer. She knew of course that quidditch was a rivalry sport where one team would always beat the other team. It was all part of the game. But it didn’t mean she had to like it. As much as she believed in Mickey’s skills, there would still be players set out to try to hurt him. That was the point of the beaters and the bludgers, wasn’t it. There would probably come times when Mickey did get hurt and that mere thought of it was enough for her to want to hurt the Slytherin boy.

She raised her hand to grip around the boys throat but as her fingers made contact with the delicate skin on his neck through which she could feel his blood pulsating, tempting her to squeeze the life out of him, she stopped herself. Thinking of Mickey and the potential consequences her harming a student from Hogwarts, one that could be traced back to her shop no less, could have on her stay there in the village or even in britain, she reconsidered and instead stroke the boy's cheek very gently, even lovingly. Catching his gaze, she smiled affectionately at him as she with a graceful wave of her other hand exuded a rather strong portion of her alluring veela charm to entrance the boy into obedience.
Leaning in close within an inch to his ear she whispered very quietly, "My sweet Pavon... if you ever harm Michael, I will skin you alive." Her voice was warm and soothing, and carried none of the threatening message of her words. "We wouldn't want that to happen to such a handsome young man such as yourself now, would we, my sweet pet?" Placing a light kiss on the boy’s cheek she then let go of him.

"Well then.” She said as she rejoined Mickey by his side, and she kept her eyes now fix on him. She was slightly worried about his reaction to her having used her powers on Pavon, particularly since he was already so reluctant of these powers.
She continued and this time she spoke to the both of them. “If it’s just a little house rivalry I won’t mind it so much. But I will not have any of it in here, and that goes for the both of you."
It was difficult for her to tell her son to behave himself though, because he could do no wrong in her eyes but also because she didn’t like the idea of restraining her son. If Pavon annoyed him she would rather encourage him to put the slytherin in his place. But as much as she wanted her son to be more like her she also didn’t want to encourage her son to do something which could possibly ruin his dream of becoming a professional quidditch player.
“Michael is very dear to me and he will be visiting here a lot.” The look she gave Pavon was kind but there was a slight hint of her previous warning still glinting in her eyes. “I expect you’ll treat him accordingly.”

Mickey Crawford
Pavon B Sannesley

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Pavon B Sannesley
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 02:15 AM

5th year

Group Icon

Plotter

When the hand reached for his throat Pavon knew that what he had found and considered his safe haven had been destroyed by Mickey, as per usual. His eyes widened, but his arms refused to react and push that hand away. With her words, a gentle caress and a thick dose of veela charm, his arms slackened and his body relaxed. He leaned into the touch, fully under her spell. He didn't know who this Michael was, but Michael was not to be harmed. Mickey on the other hand was still a bastard.

He watched her go, still rather 'high' on the charm, but slowly coming back, with the distance between them. He did feel a little offended when she said that they should not have any of the rivalry in the shop, suggesting that he had done anything to make her worry that it could happen. He wasn't the one who burnt the paper, nor the one who glared at the other with intent to harm. He had been pleasant all this time and yet he was boxed in with the other guy. The one who did all that but would be forgiven. Because Mickey was always forgiven for everything and rewarded even when he should have been punished. He thought of the time where he had to take care of a shop's window while Mickey?..oh he enjoyed his time doing nothing of the sort.

Well, when this Michael came, and he was told who he was, he'd treat them just like any customer, but if she meant he would have to do the same with Mickey.....he felt as if though what he had here mattered not. All the kindness she had shown him was a farce. All the care he had thought she had for him was a joke.

He took a step back. As usual, Mickey got everything without trying. He bet he had used his charm to get his position on the team too. Not his skill, but his power to make others please him. Things had become clearer. The connection between the two. Her and him. Yet could something be done?

He turned away from both of them. The emotion of hate seemed to grow stronger by the minute and this surprisingly enough had begun to counter the gentle allure as if that would lift the veil that had been cast over his eyes for this long. "Why don't you hire him.......then he can be with you all the time...If he loves you enough he will even drop out of school."

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Mickey Crawford
 Posted: Apr 6 2017, 03:42 PM

Group Icon

Plotter

Rooted to the spot as he was Mickey watched wide eyed as his mother moved her hand to Pavon's throat. His heart stopped as it looked like she would take Pavon's life from him there and then and he held his breath. Mickey was torn. Of course he wouldn't lose sleep over harm coming to Pavon but he would if his mother had to run from the country or worse - ended up in Askaban locked up where he couldn't visit. The there was his pride to think about. He was a young man now and while her being protective of him spread a warmth through his body it was embarrassing. He didn't need protecting even if both his parents appeared to think he did.

That kiss on the snakish boys cheek had the green-eyed monster in Mickey roaring and if he hadn't been rooted as he was Mickey would have launched himself at Pavon. It would have served no purpose of course except to make Mickey feel just a bit better about the situation when he heard his fist connect with Pavon's face. Probably best he didn't attack though. Knowing Pavon he'd whinge and moan about it until someone listened and his mum got into trouble anyway.

When she was back at his side Mickey looked to her his green eyes still wide before he smiled ever so slightly. Just a small twitch to his lips before he answered. "Yes mu... ma'am." Again he'd almost said mum and again he'd stopped himself though he had a sneaking suspicion that it now had more to do with Pavon being there and less to do with his hang-ups. She was his mum, she was proving it every time he was in her presence. Perhaps he should start giving her that title and stop being so petty... just not then, not for the first time with Pavon there.

He wanted to know how she'd done what she'd done. How had she used the allure to make Pavon compliant, to make him stay while it seemed his life was in danger? Apparently there was more to this veela thing than Mickey had been led to believe. It wasn't just about charming people to get out of trouble (which he had no problem with) or into bed (which he was still having issues with). He'd have to find out all the situations in which it would be useful - maybe if he practiced it in circumstances not to do with desire he'd feel better about it. Or so he hoped since he had to live with it.

When Pavon spoke a laugh erupted from Mickey. "You're such a fucking child." he commented before wondering why the Slytherin didn't just leave. He had a knack for lingering. Mickey had always thought it was his way of keeping trouble going and pushing people to their very limit but now he wondered... was Pavon just monumentally stupid? "Why are you always saying these idiotic things?"

Artemisia Evergreen
Pavon B Sannesley

--------------------
user posted image
OWLHowler
^
Artemisia Evergreen
 Posted: Apr 10 2017, 10:44 AM

Group Icon

Plotter

Although Artemisia had spent so many years of her life living alongside wizardkind she’d always been relentlessly immovable in her determination to never compromise her true nature. To try to fit in or to accommodate other people at the expense of who she was. It was something she would never do and it never bothered her what people thought of her because of it either. But it did matter to her what her son thought of her. She would never apologise for who or what she was, of course, but the thought that her son wouldn’t like her was something that worried her because she wasn’t sure she could change even if she wanted to.
She searched his eyes for a sign, anything to indicate his thoughts but she failed to read him and although the hint of a smile was something of a comfort, her heart fell at his words. It was perhaps unfair of her, particularly since she hadn’t shared with anyone that she was his mother and wasn’t sure she was ready to do so yet either, but it did still wound her to hear him call her ‘ma’am’.

Looking away from Mickey, she fixed her eyes on Pavon instead, whose reaction confused her profoundly and even hurt her a little, particularly since she'd actually made an effort to contain her rage. She thought she'd been rather generous to the boy considering what she would have done had he been anybody else, because she did like the boy and enjoyed his company as well as his help around the shop, and she even considered him a friend. She didn't think she had been very unreasonable in her asking him to treat someone dear to her accordingly, which she thought was common courtesy between friends.
But it was very clear to her now that he was not a friend and any fondness she’d had for him was sadly but consequently gone.

"Jealousy does not become you, boy." She answered, trying to remain civil in her tone. “I think it’s best you leave now and I don’t want to see you around here ever again.”
It was the last kindness she would show the boy. She was fairly certain she couldn’t be quite so forgiving next time.

Mickey Crawford
Pavon B Sannesley

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Pavon B Sannesley
 Posted: Apr 11 2017, 02:01 AM

5th year

Group Icon

Plotter

So... that's what it was. First she threatened his life and when he did not show kindness after it, did not throw himself at her son's feet, she was sending him away? It sure did hurt. He didn't care for Mickey's words.

But he had thought that the kindness shown to him from this lady had been genuine. Apparently not. She had been one of the few people he had thought to actually trust and even care for. It wasn't just because of her ability and her nature, although unlike many purebloods, he had actually respected that or would have, once he became more aware of what it was. He actually enjoyed working for her and spending time with her.

"Atleast have the guts to call her mother or mom. It's clear she loves you more than you do her, or care to show her, with your snubbish behavour." Pavon said tersely. "Jealous?...Right." He didn't even think that deserved an answer. It hurt. His perfect escape from the world had shattered all thanks to who again? Right, MICKEY.

He walked to the desk where he'd worked earlier, marked down the last of the numbers that she would actually need to know how the business had gone that day, and took his robe. He draped it over his shoulders, pulling it tight and close to his chest. His face was less readable than before, the anger seething beneath, and yet unseen. His last words were for Mickey. "I'm not stupid. I connected the dots of who she is to you. I wonder when you'll have the respect towards her to call her as what she deserves."

After that he took the steps towards the door. He looked at Artemisia one last time. He knew she would not change her mind. Mickey was oh so precious to her. The spoiled brat who always got everything he desired and was never grateful for it, was all too precious to whom he actually considered someone special and important. He could have lashed out with his wand, he could have been vengeful, there was so many fragile bottles in there, so many things that could be wrecked, he could have even argued and yelled, but instead he was just going to leave.

"I ... wish you success in your business." He had wanted to say that he thought he actually had been of some greater importance to her than just an employee, but it was clear that was not the case. No, she was friendly and charming because it was her nature, not because she intended to care. He then turned to leave. Knockturn alley would hopefully not have Mickey stalking him again.

Mickey Crawford
Artemisia Evergreen

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Mickey Crawford
 Posted: Apr 21 2017, 03:45 PM

Group Icon

Plotter

"It's got nothing to do with you, Sannesley." Mickey snapped at Pavon before looking at his mother. "I'm being selfish. I'm not ready to share you yet. I don't want to share you. I wanted it to be just us before the rest of the world jumped in with their thoughts and opinions like this total bollocks has just done." He didn't want his mother thinking any of his actions were because he didn't care, he absolutely cared and perhaps, had he not found Pavon there that day he would have found himself ready to say the word that was always on the tip of his tongue in her presence. Maybe, had Pavon not been there Mickey would have found the courage to finally let himself believe and hope his mother was back to stay. He didn't even care that in his need to reassure her he had bared his heart in Pavon's company.

With a surge of over-protective feeling Mickey slowly stepped from behind his mother and towards the younger boy. In his steps was more grace than had ever been exhibited as a cool, calm kind of anger worked with the simmering rage. There would be no way he would allow himself to be used to hurt her, or even make her question the bond they were forming. "You see, unlike you I do care about her and unlike you I do think of her. Like when I think that like I want to selfishly keep her to myself just for while so does she want the same of me. But you wouldn't think of her, would you? No, because the only love you have any knowledge of is the manufactured love you find in potions you spike people with."

Of course Mickey would not let that go but he never intended to speak of it infront of anyone ever, especially not a parent. He realised his mistake but was able to move past it, largely ignoring it except for the slight reddening to the tips of his ears. He stared coldly at Pavon s the memory of that day burned through his mind. "Jealous is exactly what you are and what you always have been. A trait most unbecoming of a pureblood." With the last twisted word spat from between his lips Mickey was done with Pavon. So sick of the boy and his insignificant opinions on anything.

He walked away, walked past his mother too. No more words were needed and it would be a waste to use up anymore of his energy on the Slytherin. He should just leave, if he'd had any manners he'd have left as soon as he had figured it out. Stopping with his back to them now Mickey unclenched his fists and for the first time in conscious memory a tiny like of flame was there in the palm of one hand. Mickey smiled, though he scowled as soon as he realised that Pavon appeared to be the catalyst for his veela magic.

Artemisia Evergreen
Pavon B Sannesley

--------------------
user posted image
OWLHowler
^
Artemisia Evergreen
 Posted: Jun 5 2017, 11:39 AM

Group Icon

Plotter

It was not Pavon’s place to concern himself with her relationship with Mickey and by pointing it out that her son hadn’t yet called her mother made it all the more hurtful and Artemisia's eyes flashed with anger at his insolence. At that moment she would have liked nothing more than to pounce on the boy, consequences be damned. It's a common misconception that the most dangerous place to be is between a mother bear and her cub, but nothing is more perilous than getting between a veela and her child and Pavon was uncomfortably close to crossing that path. When Mickey spoke however, whatever Pavon was saying became insignificant and faded into the background as she fixed her gaze on her son.

“You’re not selfish, my sweet.” She was quick to assure him. “The only reason I’m here is for you and you're all that matters to me.” Perhaps it didn’t matter so much what he called her as long as she was allowed to be with him, which was all she wanted. “You don’t have to prove anything to me, and least of all to that pesky little boy.”

When Mickey advanced she almost made a move to stop him but she wasn’t going to deny her little veela the chance to let out his anger. Besides, she was delighted to see him in such a manner. His spirit, something she rather attributed to his veela side, made her feel positively overcome with pride. Any pride and admiration she felt for her son however, was quickly consumed by a wildfire of anger sweeping through her body as realisation hit that the boy whose company she’d treasured all these months was the boy who had spiked her son with love potion.

It wasn’t any love for Pavon that saved his life, although strangely enough she did somehow still care for him despite his insolence and deceit, but rather the love for the two people she had to lose if she let her temper get the better of her, and focusing her mind on them she mustered up the little self-restraint she had, which was no easy task, to hold herself back from tearing the boy to shreds.
As Mickey moved away she rounded on Pavon. “What I am to Michael doesn't concern you.” She hissed, “I don’t deserve any love from him and you have no right to tell him otherwise. It would be wise if you don't meddle in matters which you don’t understand... In fact, I would advise you never to speak of it ever again.”

Turning her back to Pavon she joined her son, placing a kiss on his hair. As angry as she may be, the presence of her son by her side was a soothing comfort, and it was probably the one thing keeping her from erupting.
Gleefully she admired the small flame in the palm of his hand but as much as she wanted to celebrate that moment Pavon had pried into their private affairs far too much already. He did not need to know about her son’s powers as well.
“I’m so proud of you, my sweet.” She whispered, “But not here... Not with him.”

Mickey Crawford
Pavon B Sannesley

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Hogsmeade | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply