Cryptic Conjuring -> Working For A Living...sort Of...
It is September 2076.
This month brings highs of 16°C and lows of 10°C. Sunrise is 6.15am while the sun sets at 8pm. The sun lingers on but winds are starting to pick up again.
A guest account is available for anyone who would like to look at other skins prior to joining. The username is CCGuest and the password is guest.

Choose your skin:

Rating

Click for Explanation
Plot
With the muggleborns in charge, nothing has really changed since the Battle of Hogwarts. The sides have been switched with those bearing old family names being discriminated against. Once again the revolution is upon us. What side will go to the darkest places to get what they want? Will it be yours?

Full Plot & Storyline
Staff
- Amber -
Global Admin

- Maz -
Plot Admin

- Tim -
General Admin

- G -
Admin's Little Helper
Social Media

Tumblr

House Points
G
H

S
R
Casters
Spell and Dueling Caster

Bludger Caster

Chaser Caster
Board Stats
M F NB
Adults 18 15 0
University 6 3 0
Hogwarts 8 19 0

Hogwarts
First Years 2
Second Years 1
Third Years 1
Fourth Years 4
Fifth Years 6
Sixth Years 7
Seventh Years 6

University
First Years
Second Years
Third Years
Fourth Years

Blood Status
Purebloods 24
Halfbloods 29
Muggleborns 12
Unknown 1
Squibs 1
House Elves 1
Vampires 1
Veelas 4
Werewolves 1
Memories
Looking Back

Trophy Room

Add Reply
New Poll

Working For A Living...sort Of..., Open
Cassie Eckloe
 Posted: Apr 20 2017, 08:18 PM
Cassie Eckloe
Group Icon
2nd Year
Healing
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Unaffiliated
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
10-September 14

Another day, another dollar.

Well, not really. Cassie’s internship didn’t pay in money, not even American money. But it paid more than enough in experience. Just that day, she’d watched, and helped, with quite a few situations.

There was the guy who had somehow switched his hands and his feet. She’d been glad that she hadn’t giggled. That wouldn’t have been professional. There was the woman who had been in a splinching accident, having been so worried about getting to her cat who had been way too high in a tree, to hear her tell it. There was the sick child that she’d come upon the correct combination of potions to heal. There was even a woman who had given birth. Now that she could have done without seeing. She was pretty certain that she didn’t want to specialize in the maternity area.

And now it was time for her dinner break. She’d gone to the cafe and grabbed some food. Sitting at a table near a window, she absently ate as she looked over some of her university assignments. There were a couple of things she hadn’t understood from the lecture and was trying to figure them out by using her notes. Someone she could ask would have been great though.

--------------------

Thanks Courtney!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Anastacia Geller
 Posted: Apr 30 2017, 03:09 PM
Anastacia Geller
Group Icon
Hogwarts Mediwitch
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Neutral
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
3-December 14

Running in before their aunt and their mother the little twins were like an incoming hurricane. The relative quiet of the cafeteria was broken with their shouts of "Can I get a really big cake, Auntie Ana?" and "It isn't all that rude to fart loudly in company.[/i]. Anastacia loved the very bones of the five year olds but sweet Merlin they were hard work as was evident upon the face of their haggard mother.

Into the hand of said mother Anastacia placed some gold coins. "My treat." She spoke with her usual smile. "I'm just going to speak to someone for a minute." the healer had noticed the girl from the castle and was not above using her to get a break from the over exuberance of her niece and nephew.

The twins pulled their mother along and Ana walked to the other side of the room. "Hello Cassie." she beamed at the young woman before taking a seat across from her. "I was hoping to see you here." It had been one of many hopes she'd had after hearing of her idiot brothers accident.

"My big brother had a little accident." she explained. "Left his wand where his twins could get a hold of it and now he had feet for hands and hands for feet." The nurse laughed, as she had done many times since hearing of the incident. "Jarvis had always been the most forgetful of my parents brood."

Glancing over the books she frowned remembering the heavy workload put on healing students. "How have you settled in? Are you enjoying it? Has Old Beth been giving you an awfully hard time?" Old Beth had always been a bit of a battle-axe with the interns and if there was one regret Anastacia had about taking the job at Hogwarts it was that she would no longer be there as a buffer between them and Beth. She especially disliked not being there for Cassie. For though she was not a professor she saw all the students as hers in a way and it was difficult to stop thinking like that, more difficult to stop wanting to look after them.

Cassie Eckloe

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Cassie Eckloe
 Posted: May 30 2017, 06:23 PM
Cassie Eckloe
Group Icon
2nd Year
Healing
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Unaffiliated
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
10-September 14

Cassie vaguely heard the noise of children talking but blocked it out. She was on the verge of making a connection between when to use potions and spells together and when not to. Just as she got it, someone sat down with her.

Her head jerked up as she heard her name. “Nurse Gellar!” she exclaimed. She was genuinely happy to see the woman who had helped her onto her path to her chosen career, even if the other woman hadn’t realized that she was doing it. “It’s great to see you! I hope you’re doing well and not here to be put in the Janus Thackery ward because all the students have driven you crazy?” she teased. “Is there a reason you wanted to see me specifically?” she asked after listening to Nurse Gellar speak.

Cassie’s had drifted over her mouth as Ana explained why she was there. “Oh, my. I observed that one. It was really hard not to laugh, but somehow I managed.” She did give a laugh then. Since Ana was laughing, she didn’t think it would be too bad to laugh at it. “Let’s hope that teaches him not to leave his wand lying around.” That was something she’d never worried about forgetting. She’d never gotten into the habit of leaving hers anywhere.

Cassie’s face lit up at the questions. “Oh, I’m enjoying it immensely. Except, well, I don’t think I really want to work in maternity.” There was something to be said for knowing way too much before ever having had a chance to experience it for herself, not that she was thinking that far ahead, but still. She did have to shake her head at one point. “She actually isn’t bothering me. Since I just started school and I really only observe so far, I’m beneath her notice. In fact, I only speak when asked for my opinion. I’ve only gotten east questions so far though.”

She closed her book and notebook and stacked them neatly to the side. “How is Hogwarts? I hope no one has destroyed the place.”

Anastacia Geller

--------------------

Thanks Courtney!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Anastacia Geller
 Posted: Jun 14 2017, 07:12 AM
Anastacia Geller
Group Icon
Hogwarts Mediwitch
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Neutral
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
3-December 14

Seeing how happy the girl was to see her made Ana extremely pleased. And pleased too that she could bring such a delighted smile to the girl's face during what she remembered from her own intern days were stressful times. She chuckled at the joke, "It's been close a time or two. Although I'm sure I've spotted a grey hair or two." Not that it bothered her, aging was just a part of life. "Oh no, nothing specific, pet. I'm just a nosey so-and-so who likes to check on people... see how they're doing."

It was good that Cassie had managed not to laugh though Ana knew her brother wouldn't have minded if she had. He knew how stupid he looked and also how stupid he had been. Not that he could be fully blamed of course - he was running on very little sleep. "Oh I don't know if I'd go as far as to hope that. In a totally selfish way I'd have to wonder what the family would do for entertainment without Jarvis supplying it."

Ana loved hearing that Cassie was enjoying her internship. The more healers the merrier was her belief and on top of that she fully believed that Cassie would become an excellent healer indeed. "Well, a little tidbit for if she ever does notice you..." Leaning forward Anastacia lowered her voice, "She was in the habit years ago of mixing two potions up. Nothing too harmful but she did turn more than a few people a lovely shade of yellow." Of course the elder nurse had gotten over her mistake, or stubbornness as Ana put the mistakes down to. Ana herself had tried to point out an easy way to differentiate between the potions but Beth hadn't wanted to listen.

"They've tried." The nurse answered with a small smile. "It's been a trying year in many ways." Mainly because of what had happened to Maz and her reactions to various healing methods. That reminded Ana, she still had to speak to someone about looking into that. "Are you missing us then? Ever think of swapping a few days a week here for a few days with me?" It hadn't been a question she'd intended but now she'd said it, it made complete sense to her. But she felt bad, as if she was putting pressure on Cassie. "Sorry, I shouldn't be trying to poach you."

Cassie Eckloe

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Cassie Eckloe
 Posted: Jun 14 2017, 12:20 PM
Cassie Eckloe
Group Icon
2nd Year
Healing
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Unaffiliated
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
10-September 14

Cassie’s smile hadn’t waned at all while the school nurse talked to her. “Well, I’m glad I won’t be seeing you around as a patient,” she joked back. “I’m glad you’re nosy enough to check up on me.” Her smile, if possible, had brightened. She had no idea where this new confidence had come from, but she liked it. It did make it easier to interact with people. Maybe her father pushing her to take control of her own life was a much better thing than she’d thought.

She laughed. “Well, far be it from me to take away your family’s entertainment. But in all honesty, it really was the most difficult thing I’ve ever had to do, keeping a straight face there. And even if your brother hadn’t minded, I’m sure those who give reports on me would have.” It was the downside of interning. She knew more people than she was probably aware of were keeping tabs on her and judging her abilities.

As Nurse Geller leaned close and lowered her voice, Cassie moved closer as well. She would be happy to listen to any tips offered, especially from someone she trusted as much as she did the older nurse. Her eyes widened as she heard the secret. “Oh, my,” she breathed. She couldn’t help but wonder how the woman hadn’t been fired or replaced for things like that. “I can only hope I never make a mistake. I have learned that mistakes in healing are so much worse than mistakes back at school.” But she was confident in herself now, much more than she’d ever been back then. She was well aware of what she knew and what she didn’t. And as confident as she was, she didn’t have too much pride. She could easily ask for help in a way that she hadn’t been able to before.

“I hope nothing too terrible has happened?” she questioned. She hadn’t heard about anything too horrible. She was sure that some things would be found out despite the school’s secret keeping strategies. She could be pretty certain that no one had died. Other than that, she’d been too busy to pay attention to more than her work and her studies. “Of course I miss Hogwarts. I really enjoyed my time there, and I miss the people as well. I’d love to come work with you when I can. The commute would definitely be shorter, but would I be allowed? I do have an official internship here. Could they let me work with you sometimes at the school?” She shook her head, laughing. “You’re not trying to poach me. I would rather think of it as helping me.”

Anastacia Geller

--------------------

Thanks Courtney!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Anastacia Geller
 Posted: Jun 15 2017, 10:14 PM
Anastacia Geller
Group Icon
Hogwarts Mediwitch
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Neutral
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
3-December 14

Anastacia smiled too, glad that Cassie was happy for her nosiness. Some people wouldn't have been, some would have seen it as rude, she knew.

"You'll get used to it." Ana reassured Cassie. "A lot of your cases will be hilarious." She'd had her fair share at the hospital and the school. Even when she was younger and helping her father patch up her brothers there had been more than a few funny moments.

The nurse nodded. Mistakes were something to be avoided of course. Still... "Most can actually be rectified if you're quick." A true enough statement. Also a reason why Ana had found her cool, calm manner helped her enormously in her work. She got into a zone when the need arose. She was sure Cassie would too.

"Nothing I couldn't handle." The nurse answered with another smile.

Now that it was out there Anastacia had to think over what she'd offered. There were enough benefits she felt and she could get the right people to at least listen to her. It would be good for the girl too as she worked towards her goal. "I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed... so long as it wasn't stealing you from here too much or effecting your studies." Agains she was quiet a moment in thought. "I'll speak to the Headmaster and see who I can track down while I'm here. I can remind them what how it's good to have as many different experiences as possible on your resume."

Cassie Eckloe

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Cassie Eckloe
 Posted: Jun 15 2017, 11:33 PM
Cassie Eckloe
Group Icon
2nd Year
Healing
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Unaffiliated
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
10-September 14

“I hope I’ll get used to it,” Cassie replied ruefully. “These hilarious cases are really hard to get through.” In some ways, Cassie thought those were harder than the life-threatening cases. At least she could talk without fear of giggling at those. “How do you keep from laughing and be able to talk?” She hoped Nurse Geller had some tips for her on that one.

“Quick or not, I’d rather avoid making one for as long as I can,” Cassie said. “I don’t want them to think they made a mistake by taking me on so soon.” She knew she was something of an experiment, being given an internship before she ever stepped foot into a Healing class, since her impromptu lessons with Nurse Geller didn’t really count in the grand scheme of things.

“I’m glad it wasn’t anything you couldn’t handle. And I hope no one got too injured or sick.” She knew there was very little that the nurse could handle, even if she wasn’t an actual medi-witch. Come to think of it, Cassie still wasn’t sure of the difference. “What is the difference between a nurse and a medi-witch anyway?”

Cassie nodded to show that she understood that there were obstacles to what Nurse Geller had mentioned. “Well, if you can figure it out I’d love to do it. If not, that’s okay too.” She didn’t want to put the nice nurse on the spot, just because she may have spoken before thinking. That wouldn’t be much of a payback for the help that had been given in the past and what was in the offering now. “Either way, if I need some extra help understanding something, could I still come to you?”

Anastacia Geller

--------------------

Thanks Courtney!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Anastacia Geller
 Posted: Jun 20 2017, 09:18 AM
Anastacia Geller
Group Icon
Hogwarts Mediwitch
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Neutral
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
3-December 14

Anastacia had to think for a moment. How did she get through those moments without? How did she hold it in? "Well... actually, I always just reminded myself how much of a better laugh I'd have with a friend later when I relayed the story. You know the confidentiality clause doesn't extend to other healers, right? We're always sharing stories."

Not wanting to upset the girl when Ana spoke next her words were gentle. "You will make a mistake one day though, we all do. When it happens just be on your toes, keep your head straight and handle it. With most people here I can assure you that how you deal with a mishap is way more important than the mishap itself."

"Medi-witches work outside of hospital mostly - at Quidditch matches." Her expression soured at just the mention of that deathly game. "They're at the summer camp, one is always with The Minister." Whoever that was going to be. "Although they do get called in if they're needed here." Really there was no more difference than location - none Ana could think of anyway.

A genuine smile lit Ana's face chasing away her usual lingering feelings on Quidditch. "Of course you can, pet. If it's a little thing we can just owl between ourselves and something bigger or even if you just need some face to face time with a friend and I'll arrange to meet you." She could always squeeze in half an hour downtime even if she had patients. The house-elfs were good for holding down the fort.

Cassie Eckloe

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Cassie Eckloe
 Posted: Jun 21 2017, 03:08 PM
Cassie Eckloe
Group Icon
2nd Year
Healing
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Unaffiliated
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
10-September 14

Cassie nodded. What Nurse Geller said made total sense. The problem was that she hadn’t really made any friends among the St. Mungo’s staff yet. She hadn’t had the time to put into making friends, and she felt a bit uncomfortable because she was younger than they were. But maybe over the summer, she’d have more time. She had planned to take a light load of classes then, rather than a full load, or worse, taking the summer off completely.

“I know I will,” she assured the older woman. “I just hope it’s not a mistake that can’t be fixed. I will do my best to keep it from happening, which I hope will keep any I do make from getting too big. If that makes sense,” she added hurriedly, with a small blush at her rambling. She didn’t blush near as much as she used to, but the habit hadn’t gone away completely.

She nodded, smiling now that he knew the difference. It was as simple as location. Who would have thought? She still had no idea what she wanted her specialty to be, but she had time for that. “Well, I’m not sure exactly what I want to specialize in yet. I haven’t worked in every part yet. I do know I don’t want to do maternity,” she wrinkled her nose.

“Thanks, so much, Nurse Geller. You have no idea how much your offer means to me,” Cassie confided, smiling brightly. It really did mean a lot. Having someone she could ask questions to without being made to feel like she should know the answer or how to find it would be great. But having someone who offered to meet up as a friend was even better. She felt like she’d finally grown up a little now that Nurse Geller wasn’t seeing her as a student.

Anastacia Geller

--------------------

Thanks Courtney!

All Characters:

OWLHowler
^
Anastacia Geller
 Posted: Jul 1 2017, 09:43 AM
Anastacia Geller
Group Icon
Hogwarts Mediwitch
- blood status -
Halfblood
- allegiance -
Neutral
- Posts -
Plotter
- Joined -
3-December 14

"It makes complete sense but the best thing is not to think of it too much. You'll stress yourself out worrying if you're not careful." Ana knew well enough, she'd done just that herself on occassion.

Again Ana smiled at the girl, she was speaking just as Ana herself had done so at the start of her internship. "I decided against specialising in the end. When I was here I could be found all over - wherever I was needed at the time. So that's an option too." Ana thought that had she specialised she may not have stayed the course for so long, or she'd have crashed and burned long ago. No speciality suited her so much that she was one hundred percent certain she'd made the right choice.

Just as she was about to tell Cassie that she did in fact know because years before another had made the same offer to her Ana's little chocolate covered nephew popped up at the side of the table.

"Auntie Ana, Auntie Ana." He was a child who never did worry himself too much with keeping his voice low. "I won! I ate the fastest." The boy then hiccuped, a hiccup that was followed by a sheepish smile.

Anastacia beamed at him. "Does it count when you get more on your face than in your mouth?" Her question carried her laugh in her words. She turned to Cassie still smiling. "I guess that's my cue. It's been absolutely lovely seeing you, pet. I hope to hear from you soon and not just when you need hospital related advice... let me know how you're getting on, okay?"

With that said Ana took the chocolate covered hand of her nephew, "Now let's go get your mum and sister then we'll clean you up." The boy didn't look best pleased at the prospect but walked away with his aunt chattering at a rate only children can manage.

Cassie Eckloe

--------------------
user posted image
OWL
^
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | St. Mungo's | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse